PDA

View Full Version : Attendance in Spokane

ACECON
03-21-2014, 05:17 AM
How many fans were at the game? Great game by the way.

1998braves64
03-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Looked like a full house by half time... no thanks to opening the doors 8 mins prior to tip off to make it look like an empty stadium at tip off....

NDSUstudent
03-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Bison crowd looked great on TV. Place looked very full towards the end.

El_Chapo
03-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Let's go bison chant by entire arena towards end of game wow

SomeBeach
03-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Looked like a full house by half time... no thanks to opening the doors 8 mins prior to tip off to make it look like an empty stadium at tip off....

What was the explanation for keeping the doors locked until 8 mins prior? You're right... made for bad show early on TV... except for what was happening ON the court, of course!

BisonTeacher
03-21-2014, 12:04 PM
What was the explanation for keeping the doors locked until 8 mins prior? You're right... made for bad show early on TV... except for what was happening ON the court, of course!

The first session ran long and they had to clean up etc...for session 2.

They probably decided to start the game asap for TV purposes.

OldSkaarFanInSpokane
03-21-2014, 12:54 PM
It ended up being a completely packed house with the crowd about 80% pro Bison; it was an an awesome win and a great atmosphere!

HerdBot
03-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Neutral court NDSU home court advantage. Un real! We won the crowd over!

roadwarrior
03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
There were more Bison fans at the game than I expected. And many of them were unfamiliar faces. It's great that our fans living in the NW were able to see us play in person. It looked like the sooners brought a couple of covered wagons full and that's all. Our fans far outnumbered any of the other teams in the night session.

roadwarrior
03-21-2014, 02:20 PM

This was unreal. The supposedly neutral Spokane area fans were on their feet, yelling at the refs, and doing everything a fan would do cheering on their own team. The "let's go Bison" referred to above started on the opposite side of the arena from where the Bison fans were sitting.

westnodak93bison
03-21-2014, 02:22 PM

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Fans held up in line for blocks. Sorry to all the fans that got in late(I budded the line and got in immediately after they opened the door..lol)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

80ALUM
03-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Really envy the fans that were able to be there. Bison fans are really something!

westnodak93bison
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Really envy the fans that were able to be there. Bison fans are really something!

You got plenty of time to get here for the Saturday game.

80ALUM
03-21-2014, 02:46 PM
You got plenty of time to get here for the Saturday game.

The thought has occurred to me!

bisonmike2
03-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Neutral court NDSU home court advantage. Un real! We won the crowd over!

It was like the end of Rocky IV when Rocky won over the Russians!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhq_-OlTykphXx2F4nMqJmPqi732UyUXPIIHzw4zkgtENhQxJ-DA

westnodak93bison
03-21-2014, 02:50 PM
The thought has occurred to me!

You can sit at home or be part of history. The arena will be 90% in favor of the Bison!

HerdBot
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
It was like the end of Rocky IV when Rocky won over the Russians!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhq_-OlTykphXx2F4nMqJmPqi732UyUXPIIHzw4zkgtENhQxJ-DA

Hahaha. Makes me think of... "you idiot they cheer HIM!"

SkiMerlin
03-21-2014, 03:59 PM
It was fun how the fans got behind the Bison.

I was seated behind across from the Bison section next the SDSU section. There were many SDSU fans up and chanting for the Bison and I thought some guy outfitted in all Syracuse attire was going to have a heart attack over the officiating.

There were a lot of ND folks in our section. Had a good time with a couple from Seattle sitting next to us, he a Bison grad and she an Oklahoma alum.

Bison"FANatic"
03-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Had a good time with a couple from Seattle sitting next to us, he a Bison grad and she an Oklahoma alum.

I bet she "owed" him last night!!!!!!

bisonfanette
03-21-2014, 05:02 PM
This was unreal. The supposedly neutral Spokane area fans were on their feet, yelling at the refs, and doing everything a fan would do cheering on their own team. The "let's go Bison" referred to above started on the opposite side of the arena from where the Bison fans were sitting.

Road, I am soo glad that you were there, as always, representing the Bison Nation! Sure wish we could be there with you!

bisonmike2
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM

Hmmm...interesting. The neutral fans began chanting "let's go Bison" and not the older and more established "Here we go Bison, here we go!" Unfortunately this is a sign that Lakes' influence is greater than we thought.

Tatanka
03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Hmmm...interesting. The neutral fans began chanting "let's go Bison" and not the older and more established "Here we go Bison, here we go!" Unfortunately this is a sign that Lakes' influence is greater than we thought.

Clearly, the the Here We Go Bison chant was quashed as the historical additive was already well known in the footprint of the mighty big fluffy.

Hammerhead
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
The boos for that bogus foul called on Bjornson on a clean block were loud and clear on the TV. Everybody not dressed in maroon must have been yelling after seeing the replay.

A1pigskin
03-22-2014, 01:13 AM

I heard them on TV chanting. It was awesome to hear.

Bisonguy
03-22-2014, 01:19 AM

Or could it be that the "Let's Go Bison!" chant originated in Spokane???

marenlee
03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Hopefully the crowd can give our guys an extra edge tomorrow. It's awesome having a home game halfway across the country.

Tatanka
03-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Bison Home Game chant would be awesome.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

Joshsoma
03-22-2014, 03:29 AM
Hopefully they won't keep the doors shut until 8 minutes before tipoff tomorrow night. That crowd was great (even if it was largely bandwagoning locals) and I'd expect something just as good tomorrow night, if not better.

1 down, 5 to go

HerdBoy
03-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Plenty of room on the bandwagon.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Bison Home Game chant would be awesome.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

HMD chant too make it happen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SamsRams
03-22-2014, 04:58 AM
The boos for that bogus foul called on Bjornson on a clean block were loud and clear on the TV. Everybody not dressed in maroon must have been yelling after seeing the replay.

that was the first time I looked around the arena and saw people in neutral colors standing. It was the most angry boos I have ever heard. If I remember a lot of the stadium was standing in overtime. I got 2 compliments from neutral fans saying how awesome it was the NDSU section was standing when the game was being played.