PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Jacobson

natstar1
03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
She's probably the best player in the state as a sophomore and will go down as one of the best to ever play in ND, if not the best. So the question begs do we have a chance to get her? I realize her mother and brother have ties to NDSU.

roadwarrior
03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
A better chance than before, with a new coach next season.

DIBISON
03-14-2014, 11:45 PM
There is a lot of young talent in ND besides Jacobson. Minot Ryan, Maple Valley and Fargo Davies are just a couple of others schools that have young talent. Hope the new coach starts getting the ND recruits.

Hammersmith
03-15-2014, 12:05 AM
She's probably the best player in the state as a sophomore and will go down as one of the best to ever play in ND, if not the best. So the question begs do we have a chance to get her? I realize her mother and brother have ties to NDSU.

Who's Sarah's mom. My mother asked me today, and I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

Bisonionette
03-15-2014, 12:06 AM
I hope these kids are playing club ball.

natstar1
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
PERSONAL: Majoring in pharmacy ... Born August 2, 1994 ... Son of David and Pat Jacobson ... Has one younger sister, Sarah ... Mother, Pat (Smykowski) Jacobson, played basketball at NDSU from 1985-89 and was inducted into the NDSU Hall of Fame in 2004 ... She was NDSU's all-time leading scorer from 1989-97 and now ranks second all-time ... Pat played in four NCAA Tournaments and was the 1989 North Central Conference Player of the Year.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362&path=mbball

Hammersmith
03-15-2014, 12:13 AM
PERSONAL: Majoring in pharmacy ... Born August 2, 1994 ... Son of David and Pat Jacobson ... Has one younger sister, Sarah ... Mother, Pat (Smykowski) Jacobson, played basketball at NDSU from 1985-89 and was inducted into the NDSU Hall of Fame in 2004 ... She was NDSU's all-time leading scorer from 1989-97 and now ranks second all-time ... Pat played in four NCAA Tournaments and was the 1989 North Central Conference Player of the Year.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362&path=mbball

Thanks. Knew she was a NDSU WBB legend, but couldn't remember which one(there are so many - notpurple).

Elephants Dream?
03-15-2014, 05:22 AM
There is a lot of young talent in ND besides Jacobson. Minot Ryan, Maple Valley and Fargo Davies are just a couple of others schools that have young talent. Hope the new coach starts getting the ND recruits.

Why do you want ND recruits?
You only need to look up north. The new coach cleaned house on a bunch from ND.
Now he has a winning team and will probably go to the NCAA tourney.
The majority of players from ND are not D1 caliber.
Do you want to win, or do you want ND players? It's highly unlikely that you can have both!

sambini
03-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Maddie Buck is UND BEST PLAYER. From Bismarck Century

DIBISON
03-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Do you want to win, or do you want ND players? It's highly unlikely that you can have both!

Two of UND's starters are from ND. Mandy Buck from Bismarck ND is the Big Sky Player of the Year. And yes, UND will probably be going to the NCAA's with ND players. UND is winning with ND players, yes you can have both.

Elephants Dream?
03-15-2014, 05:34 AM
But what about the rest of the players that 'quit', or had their schollies cut?
"The majority of players from ND are not D1 caliber."
You can have all the ND players you want, but I'll bet you don't win very often.

natstar1
03-15-2014, 06:35 AM

In what state are a majority of it's players D1 caliber?

BlueKeyAlum
03-15-2014, 01:36 PM

We're a North Dakota school so its good to have a few ND players on the roster. And more than that, Jacobson's good, she's a F-M area kid. With Bison legacy. That draws interest locally....something this team needs very, very, badly.

I don't know if anyone is really advocating that we need a roster full of ND kids. But I don't think we can overlook this kid and we do need to recruit the state and find the 1-2 top kids each year and try to get them to Fargo.

DIBISON
03-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Elephant is talking out of both sides of the mouth so it doesn't matter what the facts are or what is said. Still hasn't addressed the facts of the ND recruits and winning record that UND has this year.

344Johnson
03-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Any coach will tell you winning at home in recruiting is huge. If you can't get good kids from your own state to come play, why would someone from farther away want to come?

CAS4127
03-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Elephant is talking out of both sides of the mouth so it doesn't matter what the facts are or what is said. Still hasn't addressed the facts of the ND recruits and winning record that UND has this year.

And the fact that that the teams Pat played on would crush the current team--EG has actually stated that. Yep--forked tongue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonionette
03-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Unless ND kids are playing aau against real competition one should be careful on lookng solely at numbers.

BlueKeyAlum
03-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Unless ND kids are playing aau against real competition one should be careful on lookng solely at numbers.

True. AAu is where you get a pretty good idea of where kids stack up outside of the state. I'm not certain if Jacobson plays AAu at all or with who.

natstar1
03-15-2014, 05:52 PM

I don't think anyone has brought up numbers, but Jacobson played last summer with North Tartan and Stewart is playing with them this summer.

missingnumber7
03-16-2014, 12:43 AM
If you missed the 2 she hit before halftime you missed an awesome shot. I hope there is a youtube of it soon.

tony
03-16-2014, 02:55 AM
I don't think anyone has brought up numbers, but Jacobson played last summer with North Tartan and Stewart is playing with them this summer.

And SDSU has been kicking our asses with all South Dakota and Minnesota kids. Still remember that NCAA tourney game where they smoked TCU by 35 points.

Castor Troy
03-16-2014, 02:57 PM
If you missed the 2 she hit before halftime you missed an awesome shot. I hope there is a youtube of it soon.

I caught that shot before halftime. It was more of a heave than a legitimate jump shot, but she had a kid hangin' off of her and was still very impressive.

NorthernBison
03-16-2014, 03:18 PM
I was more impressed with a pull up trey from deep in the second half. Impressive how they broke the game open early after the break.

natstar1
03-16-2014, 03:40 PM
And SDSU has been kicking our asses with all South Dakota and Minnesota kids. Still remember that NCAA tourney game where they smoked TCU by 35 points.
??? I don't see why you quoted me with your post.

missingnumber7
03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
I was more impressed with a pull up trey from deep in the second half. Impressive how they broke the game open early after the break.

Both those teams are young. I think we are going to see a shift in class A power again. Very interested in whos taking over for Stanley in Mandan next year.

Hammersmith
03-16-2014, 06:15 PM
??? I don't see why you quoted me with your post.

I think he was agreeing with you and adding more points to support the viewpoint.

tony
03-16-2014, 09:49 PM
I think he was agreeing with you and adding more points to support the viewpoint.

Yep. Expanding on what was said. Should have used Multiquote.

Point is: Sarah Jacobson has to be a huge recruiting target for NDSU. I don't care if she never played a minute of AAU basketball or that she doesn't come from a big city/school.

Bisonionette
03-16-2014, 10:11 PM
That sounds incredibly dumb. Load up on FM kids talent or not. Playing only against North Dakota high schools is hugely different that div 1. The kid will be in for quite a shock if she doesn't get out and play aau Ball Lets keep this real.

SlickVic
03-16-2014, 10:15 PM
1 on 1 sj vs. Bisonette somebody make it happen

Bisonionette
03-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Come on you came come back with something better than that. Right?

SlickVic
03-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Come on you came come back with something better than that. Right?

Wpm typing contest?

natstar1
03-17-2014, 12:39 AM
That sounds incredibly dumb. Load up on FM kids talent or not. Playing only against North Dakota high schools is hugely different that div 1. The kid will be in for quite a shock if she doesn't get out and play aau Ball Lets keep this real.
I think he is saying recruit her because she is good, not because she is from FM.

CAS4127
03-17-2014, 12:49 AM
I think he is saying recruit her because she is good, not because she is from FM.

Bisonette has a hard-on for ND/Fargo kids!! Get over it already. Who are you to judge talent?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
03-17-2014, 01:01 AM
She's a winner and she is talented. What's not to like about that?

Castor Troy
03-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Sarah reminds me of Jody Buck, which is a good thing. They were both standout distance runners as well. Sarah ran cross-country as a 7th grader and took 2nd in the state. She has not been out since.

I think that Jody, Nadine Schmidt, Rachel Otto, Sue Faus, Lynette Mund, etc. would do very well at this level.

steelbison
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't care where she is from. She obviously is very good as a soph and will only get better. We can win with players from MN, SD, and ND. Minnesota is loaded with Div 1 talent.

We should also be in on the Stewart(?) spelling kid from Ryan as well.

Bisonionette
03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Date Opponent Result
12/07
TBA St. Mary's Central (Bismarck, ND)Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 61 - 32
Win

12/12
5:45p @ West Fargo (West Fargo, ND) *Game Details: West Fargo High SchoolBox Score 66 - 61
Loss

12/14
6:15p Milnor (Milnor, ND)Game Details: SophomoresBox Score 58 - 34
Win

12/20
7:30p @ Devils Lake (Devils Lake, ND) *Game Details: Devils Lake High SchoolBox Score 71 - 60
Win

01/03
5:45p @ Fargo South (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Fargo South High SchoolBox Score 85 - 38
Win

01/07
7:30p Grand Forks Central (Grand Forks, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 73 - 40
Win

01/10
5:45p Fargo Davies (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 74 - 34
Win

01/14
7:30p @ Moorhead (Moorhead, MN)Game Details: Moorhead High SchoolBox Score 64 - 29
Win

01/14
7:30p @ Varsity OpponentGame Details: MoorheadBox Score 64 - 29
Win

01/17
7:30p Wahpeton (Wahpeton, ND) *Game Details: Shanley McCormick Gym 1Box Score 65 - 46
Win

01/21
5:45p West Fargo (West Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 56 - 43
Loss

01/28
7:30p @ Red River (Grand Forks, ND) *Game Details: Grand Forks Red RiverBox Score 59 - 48
Win

01/30
7:30p Devils Lake (Devils Lake, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 73 - 44
Win

02/01
5:00p @ Fargo North (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Fargo North High SchoolBox Score 77 - 46
Win

02/04
5:45p @ Fargo Davies (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Davies High SchoolBox Score 65 - 52
Win

02/08
3:00p @ Fargo South (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 62 - 42
Win

02/13
7:30p @ Grand Forks Central (Grand Forks, ND) *Game Details: Grand Forks CentralBox Score 81 - 36
Win

02/18
7:30p @ Valley City (Valley City, ND) *Game Details: Valley City High SchoolBox Score 58 - 45
Win

02/21
7:30p @ Wahpeton (Wahpeton, ND) *Game Details: Wahpeton High School GymBox Score 62 - 55
Win

02/25
7:30p Red River (Grand Forks, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 60 - 35
Win

02/27
5:45p Fargo North (Fargo, ND) *Game Details: Shanley High SchoolBox Score 81 - 46
Win

03/13
5:00p Jamestown (Jamestown, ND) **2014 North Dakota Girls State Basketball Playoff Brackets: NDHSAA - Class ABox Score 62 - 50
Win

03/14
3:00p Fargo Davies (Fargo, ND) **2014 North Dakota Girls State Basketball Playoff Brackets: NDHSAA - Class AReport Score

SlickVic
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Averaged More points more rebounds more assists as a sophmore or whatever she is then our very own brook lemar did in her legendary high school career...just sayin bisionette

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Pump it up my boy slick knows his women's basketball dude was dialed in Saturday night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bisonionette
03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Averaged More points more rebounds more assists as a sophmore or whatever she is then our very own brook lemar did in her legendary high school career...just sayin bisionette

Brooke sucks. Can't wait for the kid to come and play for us. In fact we should cut her now and the Aussies With this hotbed of bball talent why look anywhere else. I don't know a thing about Lemar except what's in her bio. She played aau and was a McDonald all American nominee. The Aussies played on national teams against the best from their country. So don't tell me about numbers.

SlickVic
03-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Pump it up my boy slick knows his women's basketball dude was dialed in Saturday night

Mid tennesee state.baby most entertaining game I whatched all season...and wtfs a aussie...huh...who...what the...

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Mid tennesee state.baby most entertaining game I whatched all season...and wtfs a aussie...huh...who...what the...

Always....Alaways....I Always

natstar1
03-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Brooke sucks. Can't wait for the kid to come and play for us. In fact we should cut her now and the Aussies With this hotbed of bball talent why look anywhere else. I don't know a thing about Lemar except what's in her bio. She played aau and was a McDonald all American nominee. The Aussies played on national teams against the best from their country. So don't tell me about numbers.

why are you so pissy?

Bisonionette
03-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Have you heard of fishing? It so easy to hook fools on this web site.

The premise of the initial comment was. That I hope these kids play ball on club teams where they see deeper talent pools than those of our local high schools. Face it girls basketball around here is pretty bad

NorthernBison
03-18-2014, 12:22 AM

The premise of the initial comment was. That I hope these kids play ball on club teams where they see deeper talent pools than those of our local high schools. Face it girls basketball around here is pretty bad

Maybe those comments aren't so appropriate in a thread about a specific individual. Think about it.

Bisonator98
03-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Really? It was good enough for 8 D2 championships and UN_'s trip to the dance this year. UN_ has 12 of 16 players from ND, SD & MN.

Bisonionette
03-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Maybe those comments aren't so appropriate in a thread about a specific individual. Think about it.

Tell me what was inappropriate that was directed at an athlete ? Oh plz.

SlickVic
03-18-2014, 04:08 AM

Compared to what... canada ?? Lol I always...

PattyBison
03-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Congratulations to Sarah for winning Gatorade ND Player of the Year.

344Johnson
03-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Offer a scholarship now. Please. Thanks. HMD. Ialto.

BlueKeyAlum
03-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Really? It was good enough for 8 D2 championships and UN_'s trip to the dance this year. UN_ has 12 of 16 players from ND, SD & MN.

Brewster up North is really focusing on the Minnesota metro area. The incoming 2014mclass has a kid from Fergus Falls, a kid from Wisconsin and then two metro area kids one from Anoka and one from Monticello (well, OK...outer metro area). For 2015 he has a verbal from an Edina kid.

tony
03-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Congratulations to Sarah for winning Gatorade ND Player of the Year.

Not bad for a sophomore. :)

State title and a POTY.