PDA

View Full Version : First Applicants

BisonVifte
03-06-2014, 04:29 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90261

GRAFTONBISON
03-06-2014, 04:31 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90261

Don't know many of the names but what a wonderful sight to see a list of potential NEW coaches!!

BisonNation11
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Don't know many of the names but what a wonderful sight to see a list of potential NEW coaches!!

An assistant from the WNBA New York Liberty applied? Am I reading that right?

NDSUstudent
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM

Looks like she has been an assistant for one year and played for the Lynx.

gotts
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
How long until we just hire Bubba?

Bisonville GasMan
03-06-2014, 05:04 PM
There are high school coaches on this list? D1 head coaching job kind of overly optimistic of them isn't it...?

BisonAccountant44
03-06-2014, 05:26 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_McWilliams-Franklin

Has to be the front runner in the first round of applicants.

Bisonionette
03-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Why would she be afront runner. Never recruited never coached.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2014, 05:35 PM

Exactly one would think the person has to have some proof of being able to recruit in the upper midwest and a history of coaching. Just cause you can play doesn't mean you can coach.

Bisonionette
03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I'd take Kip from IPFW from this first list. He has knowledge of the league, and has roots in the recruiting area.. and he has an idea of the current roster

bisonaudit
03-06-2014, 05:46 PM
There are high school coaches on this list? D1 head coaching job kind of overly optimistic of them isn't it...?

Just wait, the applicant pool will get crazier.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2014, 05:47 PM
It will be interesting if we get any Highmajor D1 midwest assistants applying. Someone thats learned the ropes and is ready to take the next step of having their own program.

ndsubison1
IPFW Assistant looks interesting

Tatanka
How long until we just hire Bubba?

Slightly less longer until we all start tweetgasming #BubbasBack

Tatanka
03-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Just wait, the applicant pool will get crazier.

^^^^^^This

gotts
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Slightly less longer until we all start tweetgasming #BubbasBack

#LaunchTheRoundball

aces1180
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
The coach from IPFW has a nice-looking resume...

Edit - Oops, just saw that ndsubison1 made that statement earlier in the thread.

bisonaudit
03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
^^^^^^This

Only one person from Greece has applied so far. It's early days.

bisonaudit
03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
We need to find the next Nevada Smith

http://grantland.com/features/nba-dleague-rgv-vipers-houston-rockets-future-of-basketball/

Ndsufan12
03-06-2014, 09:42 PM

Sherri Coale @ Oklahoma went straight from high school ball into that job and has played in 3 final fours and a national championship game. It's doable.

I just want to see us hire someone that has a lot of charisma and energy, and is a proven winner. I don't care what level they coached at--if you have those 3 intangibles you'll find a way to put a winning product on the floor.
I'll pass on Kip Jones. Unless it's a coach from SDSU, I don't want anything to do with another person that coaches in the Summit.

BisonAccountant44
03-06-2014, 09:43 PM

She has been successful at basically every level imaginable for women's basketball both domestically and in Europe, been a part of multiple WNBA championships as a player, coached 1 season at Rice, coached 1 season in the WNBA under Bill Laimbeer. Out of the 30+ names on this list she has to be in the top 5-7 based on her last position alone.

I'm not saying hire her tomorrow just because she has WNBA experience, I'm just saying based on her experience she seems like a pretty decent candidate, and I am a little surprised to see a name like hers on the list.

Bisonionette
03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
She has been successful at basically every level imaginable for women's basketball both domestically and in Europe, been a part of multiple WNBA championships as a player, coached 1 season at Rice, coached 1 season in the WNBA under Bill Laimbeer. Out of the 30+ names on this list she has to be in the top 5-7 based on her last position alone.

I'm not saying hire her tomorrow just because she has WNBA experience, I'm just saying based on her experience she seems like a pretty decent candidate, and I am a little surprised to see a name like hers on the list.

Well certainly doesnt equate to success in coaching and more important... RECRUITING. btw Magic Johnson was a total bust...

GOB1SON
03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Well certainly doesnt equate to success in coaching and more important... RECRUITING. btw Magic Johnson was a total bust...

Magic Johnson coached college basketball?

Bisonionette
03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Bahahahaha so funny what a dip shit...
ok, howz about Micheal Cooper... He sucked at coaching and recruiting as well.. ya frik'n ding dong

BlueKeyAlum
03-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Sherri Coale @ Oklahoma went straight from high school ball into that job and has played in 3 final fours and a national championship game. It's doable.

I just want to see us hire someone that has a lot of charisma and energy, and is a proven winner. I don't care what level they coached at--if you have those 3 intangibles you'll find a way to put a winning product on the floor.
I'll pass on Kip Jones. Unless it's a coach from SDSU, I don't want anything to do with another person that coaches in the Summit.

Coale was an high school coach in Oklahoma....had lots of connections with prep kids when she stepped onto Norman. Around here, it might be the same if Brian Cosgriff (HS girls coach at 2x defending 4A champion Hopkins High) showed interest. Talk about someone with a pulse on the Twin City basketball scene.

VirginiaBison
03-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Why would she be afront runner. Never recruited never coached. Here is the NDSU recruitment ad (http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/6036832/head-women-s-basketball-coach#sthash.wZ01ag4l.dpuf) with desired qualifications

westnodak93bison
03-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Wow. Not one assistant from a "major"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Tatanka
03-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Before anyone freaks out in a good way or a bad way: relax.

It's early in the process. ND Open Records laws have an effect on the timing of many applicants. It doesn't matter whose name is on the list on day one. What matters is who is on the list at the end of the process.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

SlickVic
03-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Bahahahaha so funny what a dip shit...
ok, howz about Micheal Cooper... He sucked at coaching and recruiting as well.. ya frik'n ding dong

Hopefully whoever we hires first order of business is unplugging the computers of our current roster...my goodness

Bisonionette
03-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Amen. ^+^
(__)

SlickVic
03-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Amen. ^+^
(__)

And smart fones...I pods...ps3s and 4s...tablets...anything with access to bisonville should be immediatley banned

StL Bison Fan
03-07-2014, 02:40 AM

It's early in the process. ND Open Records laws have an effect on the timing of many applicants. It doesn't matter whose name is on the list on day one. What matters is who is on the list at the end of the process.

Dead on. They might be talking on the phone but I would not be in a rush to apply. Patience grasshoppers

ndsubison1
03-07-2014, 04:22 AM

yeah we might be seeing some assistants from bigger schools apply as the season winds down

Tatanka
03-07-2014, 07:22 AM
#ChuckThePumpkin????

344Johnson
03-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Early is right.

As a student(who will not get to reap the benefits honestly, im old), I just want someone who can invigorate the program I have deemed unwatchable during my time at 'SU.

If they haven't coached before? Who cares? Really...it can't get worse. I just want something or someone to give us(as students) a reason to go to a woman's game. We suck. We have sucked since I got here. We have sucked for too long a time. Hint....the only reason to ever attend a women's game is if they are winning or have a legitimate shot at winning.....there is a reason people go to men's regardless of their talent level...men are fun to watch generally in comparison to women. Our women suck...why should I go watch?

Give me someone who gives me a reason to watch...and I will watch. I live a frickin' block away.

Elephants Dream?
03-07-2014, 04:12 PM
So you're saying that you are strictly a "fair weather fan" and only support
a team when they are winning, and won't go near a team that is struggling.
You refuse to support the young women that you are going to college alongside.
Make sure you put that on your resume when it comes time to find a job.
Employers will be excited to have you on their team!

Tatanka
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Hear you clucking ED but cut the kid some slack for being honest. I used my season tickets very rarely this year... This kid isn't the only one that deemed the product unwatchable.

TransAmBison
03-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Women's basketball is not a natural draw either. In the 90's I used to go to the women's games because they were more entertaining than the men's games a lot of the time. Now they just are not worth paying to go see.

Castor Troy
03-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I would like to see some more candidates like this one. Am I delusional to think that we can land someone like this? I understand that her name would be most unfortunate for a man and it will garner many humorous quips, but my initial question is a serious one.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30&SPID=25&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=120418&Q_SEASON=2009

1998braves64
03-07-2014, 05:06 PM
So you're saying that you are strictly a "fair weather fan" and only support
a team when they are winning, and won't go near a team that is struggling.
You refuse to support the young women that you are going to college alongside.
Make sure you put that on your resume when it comes time to find a job.
Employers will be excited to have you on their team!

As Tantanka responded many of us had tickets (so essentially did support them financially, but not physically since we didn't show up). The mirror scheduling probably made it worse especially for us coming from Hillsboro, we didn't have time to be in Fargo every weekend. But when something becomes unwatchable (no fault of the girls themselves) people aren't going to watch year in and year out. We'd put up with this for 2 years too long I believe, it's like any product you don't keep it a quality and exciting product people will move on. Believe there would be plenty of women's basketball fans at the BSA if they put a team that consistently wins on the floor. There are so many families with girls that play bball in Fargo area, don't think getting fans back will be a tough draw if they play a full season with consistent wins and make a run at dethroning SDSU.

56BISON73
03-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Women's basketball is not a natural draw either. In the 90's I used to go to the women's games because they were more entertaining than the men's games a lot of the time. Now they just are not worth paying to go see.

Plus its extremely uncomfortable to watch a game at the BSA. So why get beat up twice.

imabison
03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Plus its extremely uncomfortable to watch a game at the BSA. So why get beat up twice.

It WAS, not any longer unless you calling the Benton Bunker uncomfortable seating :)

Hail bison
03-07-2014, 06:05 PM

Agreed, women's basketball is not a natural draw. Thanks for having the balls to say it

CAS4127
03-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Agreed, women's basketball is not a natural draw. Thanks for having the balls to say it

Did you try to do that?!:confused:

Hail bison
03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Did you try to do that?!:confused:

Just came out that way

CAS4127
03-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Just came out that way

LOL!! No skin off my back-->thought it was funny actually!!

Hail bison
03-07-2014, 06:37 PM
LOL!! No skin off my back-->thought it was funny actually!!

Me too after you pointed it out

westnodak93bison
03-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Is this gonna be a find the best available coach hire or best female coach? I'm serious.

Tatanka
03-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Is this gonna be a find the best available coach hire or best female coach? I'm serious.

legitimate question

Hail bison
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know if title 9 affects coaching and staff?

StL Bison Fan
03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
In our title 9 training I have never seen it used for hiring. That would be something else.
Everyone has to take this training. I have absolutely nothing to do with sports or students and still take it
The title 9 stuff is on the web site if you would like to see it.

Castor Troy
03-08-2014, 03:54 PM

At this point, I would say that Lynn's wings have been clipped. She is a HUGE proponent of female coaching for female programs. I know that she gets a lot of credit for the hiring of Ryun Godfrey, but she really fought hiring him. She considered lesser qualified candidates just because they were women. Finally she gave in and is very willing to accept the accolades for hiring him. She will be guided to find the best candidate for the job.

westnodak93bison
03-08-2014, 04:36 PM
The more info I hear about LD the more I'm convinced she has to go. What is preventing her replacement? NDSU afraid to fire a woman?

aces1180
03-08-2014, 04:53 PM
The more info I hear about LD the more I'm convinced she has to go. What is preventing her replacement? NDSU afraid to fire a woman?

Close.....

BisonNation11
03-08-2014, 04:55 PM

Not quite that simple

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
03-08-2014, 05:01 PM

She has been at NDSU for like 40 years, doubt she will be fired.

I'm guessing she is getting close to retiring.

FargoBorne
03-08-2014, 05:02 PM

Lynn Dorn insists that candidates bat for the same team. If a man gets hired, Dorn is on her way out.

Hail bison
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Close.....
:rofl::rofl: Seriously though, she'll be retired soon

westnodak93bison
03-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Not quite that simple

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A female with a certain sexual preference?

Hail bison
03-08-2014, 08:35 PM
A female with a certain sexual preference?

Yep that's it

westnodak93bison
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Yep that's it

OK. I'm a little tired of the sexuality/gender bs. I could care less if someone is gay or what their gender is. Hire the best coach and win.

BlueBisonRock
03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
OK. I'm a little tired of the sexuality/gender bs. I could care less if someone is gay or what their gender is. Hire the best coach and win.

I believe that is the point. The only attribute that should matter is demonstrated capability to recruit and to coach the team to give it their all.

Hail bison
03-08-2014, 10:13 PM

I agree with you. Hire the best candidate. However, this started with you asking why Dorn isn't replaced. Your question was answered IMO if you read it all again

BisoninNWMN
03-08-2014, 10:49 PM
At this point, I would say that Lynn's wings have been clipped. She is a HUGE proponent of female coaching for female programs. I know that she gets a lot of credit for the hiring of Ryun Godfrey, but she really fought hiring him. She considered lesser qualified candidates just because they were women. Finally she gave in and is very willing to accept the accolades for hiring him. She will be guided to find the best candidate for the job.

If this is all true, she needs to go.

Hope GT has a BIG say in this hire.

West Fargo Fanatic
03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Can we see an updated listing?

West Fargo Fanatic
03-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I'd take Kip from IPFW from this first list. He has knowledge of the league, and has roots in the recruiting area.. and he has an idea of the current roster

Yet their team was 37-52 the last three years...

Tatanka
03-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Yet their team was 37-52 the last three years...

they need to play Valley City more often, clearly.

5NDSU8
03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
With a new coach, the players that are returning, and the incoming class… What does bisonville think next years team will look like???

Tatanka
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
With a new coach, the players that are returning, and the incoming class… What does bisonville think next years team will look like???

A lot depends on the coach they bring in, and what players actually return. Can't be much worse than this year, can it?

Mayville Bison
03-13-2014, 02:36 PM
A lot depends on the coach they bring in, and what players actually return. Can't be much worse than this year, can it?

Had to make sure I didn't stumble upon the Hitler Youth Board.

Joking aside - they battled at times throughout the year and kept games close especially against the #2 team in the conference in the tourney. Hopefully, coaching alone can convert a few of those close games into Ws.

Elvis was a Bison
03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Check out Tammy Bagby on Linked in. Extensive experience and an impressive web of contacts that could make for amazing recruiting reach. There may be better applicants, but I am impressed with this one, on paper anyway

5NDSU8
03-15-2014, 12:52 PM
NDSU should look in their backyard at Shannon Nelson..(Formerly Shannon Boldin) played in the Final Four! Coaches at NCTC in Thief River Falls MN. Former gopher standout.. Big 10 defensive player of the year... From Minnesota as well... Has led her team to consecutive NJCAA national tournaments. Thoughts???

BlueKeyAlum
03-15-2014, 01:41 PM
NDSU should look in their backyard at Shannon Nelson..(Formerly Shannon Boldin) played in the Final Four! Coaches at NCTC in Thief River Falls MN. Former gopher standout.. Big 10 defensive player of the year... From Minnesota as well... Has led her team to consecutive NJCAA national tournaments. Thoughts???

1. The NJCAA resume is not overly impressive to me.
2. Does she have connections with the Minnesota AAu programs? Specifically, the programs located in the Twin Cities? That recruiting connection would be key. HEr and her hubby live in Grand Forks so I don't know if that is the case. The kids on her team are mostly Nor'landers.
3. She was a good basketball player in college.
4. She played for Borton at Minnesota so she knows what bad coaching looks like.

GOBISON123
03-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Our Women's AD is so popular we are getting a lot of great resumes....

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
03-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Deb Patterson, the former Kansas State coach, is available. She recruited in the Midwest a lot and I believe she had North and South Dakota players during her career.

HoopsBison
03-21-2014, 10:54 PM
The success of the mens team has to make this job more attractive now, you would think.

BlueKeyAlum
03-22-2014, 02:13 AM
Deb Patterson, the former Kansas State coach, is available. She recruited in the Midwest a lot and I believe she had North and South Dakota players during her career.

Ugh....

On one hand, Patterson impressed....she could get the most out of her players and she had a great run with players like Kendra Wecker, Nicole Olhde, Lori Koehn and Shalee Lehning.

But the last five years were disastrous. On the court.....

Off the court, rumors of mandatory bible studies, mind games, ostracizing players who didn't fit the mold of what she was trying to put together....

There's a slate that comes with this coach.....baggage. I think the opportunity to go with someone fresh is more enticing.

bisonaudit
03-22-2014, 02:39 AM
Ugh....

On one hand, Patterson impressed....she could get the most out of her players and she had a great run with players like Kendra Wecker, Nicole Olhde, Lori Koehn and Shalee Lehning.

But the last five years were disastrous. On the court.....

Off the court, rumors of mandatory bible studies, mind games, ostracizing players who didn't fit the mold of what she was trying to put together....

There's a slate that comes with this coach.....baggage. I think the opportunity to go with someone fresh is more enticing.

its just crazy that coaches at any level get away with crap like that.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
03-22-2014, 04:17 AM
1. The NJCAA resume is not overly impressive to me.
2. Does she have connections with the Minnesota AAu programs? Specifically, the programs located in the Twin Cities? That recruiting connection would be key. HEr and her hubby live in Grand Forks so I don't know if that is the case. The kids on her team are mostly Nor'landers.
3. She was a good basketball player in college.
4. She played for Borton at Minnesota so she knows what bad coaching looks like.
Her team just made a huge run and won the NJCAA Division 3 national title. I remember Shannon when she played at Minnesota. She had a unique one handed release and she was one of my favorite players on the final four team because she always played hard and seemed vocal in timeouts and what not. Very interesting!

Bison bison
03-22-2014, 05:08 AM
The success of the mens team has to make this job more attractive now, you would think.

Yeah.

We should let the candidates know just how lucky they are that we have a successful mens hockey, i mean basketball team.

RedRiver
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
GT said this morning on KFGO that there are around 80 applicants to date. He did not give a timetable for when finalists will be announced or a new coach named.

West Fargo Fanatic
03-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

#NDSU women's basketball opening up to 70 applicants; new names include Micha Thompson, Utah State assistant, coached at Oral Roberts

West Fargo Fanatic
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

Another new applicant for #NDSU WBB job is Doug Porter; assistant coach at North Central College in Illinois

CAS4127
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
GT said this morning on KFGO that there are around 80 applicants to date. He did not give a timetable for when finalists will be announced or a new coach named.

He also said they have had contact from/with coaches who have not officially applied yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDbison
03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
He also said they have had contact from/with coaches who have not officially applied yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk So has anybody worth a crap applied for this job yet? Not somebody from someplace like SE Midwestern Community College?

td577
03-25-2014, 12:26 AM
So has anybody worth a crap applied for this job yet? Not somebody from someplace like SE Midwestern Community College?

Let's not discount a SE Midwestern North Campus Community College if it is a tremendous program and could be a potential pipeline. It doesn't seem that the juco route is as popular with women's athletics though.

Certainly the trend of the list is somewhat disconcerting, but we all know there are coaches who won't apply unless they know they are a finalist for the position. There are a couple of names that are interesting. Bagby seems interesting. Jody Craig seems to have her own personal fan club (http://www.losaltosonline.com/news/sections/sports/191-basketball/45396-parting-shots). Killinger from Marshall seems to earn a lot of praise down in that area of the country but I don't get why he is listed as a Marshall assistant when it looks like he was 4 years ago and has spent the last three as a HC for a junior college. Light apparently has taken a community college in NJ and has turned into a really nice program with tireless recruiting. I don't know if any of them make D1 head coach material, but some should be on someone's list as an assistant in a larger program.

The one thing I can't figure out is why DeVries resigned at VCSU. I don't want someone who has quit a job and has not been coaching college basketball for a year.

BlueKeyAlum
03-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Her team just made a huge run and won the NJCAA Division 3 national title. I remember Shannon when she played at Minnesota. She had a unique one handed release and she was one of my favorite players on the final four team because she always played hard and seemed vocal in timeouts and what not. Very interesting!

Maybe get her onboard as an assistant.

Bisonator98
03-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Is there an updated list anywhere?

I hope GT is handling this hire. Maybe lock Dorn in a closet. Too late? :hide:

Bisonator98
03-25-2014, 02:01 AM
The one thing I can't figure out is why DeVries resigned at VCSU. I don't want someone who has quit a job and has not been coaching college basketball for a year.

I don't know but I see there HC resigned after just 1 year so maybe something with the management out there. I think she deserves an interview at least.

NDSU '96
03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Question: Have we heard anything thus far that is any different from the rhetoric we heard prior to the DeHoff hire?

Loud and Proud Bison fan
03-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Is there an updated list anywhere?

I hope GT is handling this hire. Maybe lock Dorn in a closet. Too late? :hide:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Bisonator98
03-25-2014, 02:02 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Saw that this morning. Not real impressed.

MinotBison
03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Just not a whole lot to be fired up about.

1998braves64
03-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Remember these are only people who officially apply. There could be some that are waiting until last minute to put name in as they want to avoid a potential media circus?

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

CAS4127
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Remember these are only people who officially apply. There could be some that are waiting until last minute to put name in as they want to avoid a potential media circus?

See posts 81 & 84!

imabison
03-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Saw that this morning. Not real impressed.

What is there not to be impressed about?? Absolutely nothing has been released yet. There are only about 50 unknowns on the list, plus unnamed...

Bisonator98
03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
What is there not to be impressed about?? Absolutely nothing has been released yet. There are only about 50 unknowns on the list, plus unnamed...

Was really looking forward to someone like #chucktheroundballgal and reading about her dominance of Pat Summit and the UT Lady Vols in NCAA2KBB on xbox360.

Tatanka
03-25-2014, 04:34 PM
For effs sakes guys. Didn't anyone learn anything about how this stuff works from the football search at un_? :facepalm:

On a side note, if this whole mess results in the hiring of a retread former NDSU assistant, Lucy's got some splainin to do.

1998braves64
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
For effs sakes guys. Didn't anyone learn anything about how this stuff works from the football search at un_? :facepalm:

On a side note, if this whole mess results in the hiring of a retread former NDSU assistant, Lucy's got some splainin to do.

Or reading comprehension is a bit off, if they even read the thread they would understand as it's been mentioned a few times (only reason why I posted what I did). Sometimes you have the lead the blind to water though you know? :biggrin: Don't get me wrong I was grumbling the same things in my head when I posted...

JSUBison
03-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Applications closed at 6pm yesterday, so the final listing should be out soon?

roadwarrior
03-27-2014, 07:44 PM
As Jeff Kolpack said on his video blog, the position is technically open until it's filled. Meaning just because the application isn't on someone's desk doesn't mean they aren't in the running.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
03-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Just another name to throw out there for fun/speculation: Emilee Gusso/Theisen. She was SDSU's recruiting coordinator for several years and recruited the heck out of Minnesota. She is now head coach at MSU-Mankato and has a 80% win percentage which includes reaching the NCAA round of 32 and a 10 point loss to the Gophers in an exhibition last year. Also, I would think Brewster would at least get a call although I'm not familiar enough with that rivalry to know if the Bison would ever hire someone away from UND (lol).

summitfever
03-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Just another name to throw out there for fun/speculation: Emilee Gusso/Theisen. She was SDSU's recruiting coordinator for several years and recruited the heck out of Minnesota. She is now head coach at MSU-Mankato and has a 80% win percentage which includes reaching the NCAA round of 32 and a 10 point loss to the Gophers in an exhibition last year. Also, I would think Brewster would at least get a call although I'm not familiar enough with that rivalry to know if the Bison would ever hire someone away from UND (lol).
This ^^^^ Thiesse would be someone to at least reach out to to gauge interest. Her sister is head coach for USD Coyotes...would make for interesting matchups with them.

BlueKeyAlum
03-28-2014, 01:46 AM
(Cue: purple font) After tonight, Minnesota's Pam Borton may be available.

the Jack Bunnies are beating up the Goophers in WNIT action and the Gopher faithful suspect (HOPE??) that the AD pulls the plug on the Borton experience once the season is effectively over. This involves a contract buyout as outgoing AD Joel Maturi hashed a covert deal where Borton was granted a contract extension prior to his departure in 2013. Norwood Teague has been cryptic in recent comments about the Gopher women and Borton's tenure with the program.

Bisonator98
03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
(Cue: purple font) After tonight, Minnesota's Pam Borton may be available.

the Jack Bunnies are beating up the Goophers in WNIT action and the Gopher faithful suspect (HOPE??) that the AD pulls the plug on the Borton experience once the season is effectively over. This involves a contract buyout as outgoing AD Joel Maturi hashed a covert deal where Borton was granted a contract extension prior to his departure in 2013. Norwood Teague has been cryptic in recent comments about the Gopher women and Borton's tenure with the program.

I can't believe the Jacks are in the elite eight of the NIT. Really hope our program gets turned around and soon.

El_Chapo
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Why isn't the utah st assist (former oral bob coach) not hired yet?

Bisonator98
03-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Why isn't the utah st assist (former oral bob coach) not hired yet?

Probably because we just had a Utah assistant that stunk up the place!

El_Chapo
03-28-2014, 07:01 PM
98 - "STATE" those are better than U 's yes?

Tatanka
03-28-2014, 07:15 PM

Man does have a point.

SanDakotaState
03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Pam Borton is available

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/252943571.html

NDSUstudent
03-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Might be time to move the search along a bit quicker....I think SDSU might be looking for a new coach soon.

Bisonator98
03-28-2014, 08:17 PM

You got me there...:biggrin:

Bisonionette
03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the link. Interesting read

steelbison
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I was told by someone inside the athletic dept this hire was coming soon. Also the name would be a surprise as it would not be someone on the "list".

Also was told Amy does want the job but that's not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BlueKeyAlum
03-30-2014, 07:54 PM
I was told by someone inside the athletic dept this hire was coming soon. Also the name would be a surprise as it would not be someone on the "list".

Well, damn! Jimmy Dykes is off the board !!

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10698030/jimmy-dykes-hired-arkansas-razorbacks-women-basketball-coach

<cue purple font>

tdhbisonfan
03-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

Another new applicant for #NDSU WBB job is Doug Porter; assistant coach at North Central College in Illinois

I wonder if NDSU might be ready for a supercharged offense with record-breaking point production (more than 100 per game???) I checked out Porter's profile as head coach at Olivet (Ill.) and was intrigued: ( https://www.blogger.com/profile/04973458207198381141). Seems his team averaged those ridiculous numbers several times over the last decade (and they won a lot, too!) Could his prolific style bring some fans out? Something to think about....

SlickVic
03-30-2014, 09:38 PM

Huge mistake if true very sad to hear that

SamsRams
03-31-2014, 12:22 AM

What if it is PT Culsvig though? That chick is awesome!!

BlueKeyAlum
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM

Amy needs to stay doing what she's doing. No need to repeat the past.

td577
03-31-2014, 03:15 AM

I don't think it would be a mistake. You can't relive the past. If it had been half a season on an interim basis, that would have been fine. If she wants to get back into coaching, she should go someplace else. This isn't to be mean, it would just create too much of an awkward situation later. If it doesn't work out, you can't fire her and would she be willing to step down again?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
03-31-2014, 04:04 AM
Both Dom and Jeff said that Amy has no interest in coming back.

Hail bison
03-31-2014, 04:33 AM
I know her. Forget about it

SlickVic
03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
What if it is PT Culsvig though? That chick is awesome!!

Its CR and call ur boy at lvh I got 50k well go to mayweathers gym get a random group of 5 u can have tark the shark or coach rice your choice ill take CR and spot ya 10 points...make it happen sams

West Fargo Fanatic
03-31-2014, 11:28 PM
I wonder if NDSU might be ready for a supercharged offense with record-breaking point production (more than 100 per game???) I checked out Porter's profile as head coach at Olivet (Ill.) and was intrigued: ( https://www.blogger.com/profile/04973458207198381141). Seems his team averaged those ridiculous numbers several times over the last decade (and they won a lot, too!) Could his prolific style bring some fans out? Something to think about....

Welcome to Bisonville Doug!

southcliffbison
04-02-2014, 04:46 PM
On a somewhat related note, read in today's Sioux Falls Argus Leader that SDSU's WBB head coach Johnston is a finalist for the U of Minny WBB head coach.

bisonaudit
04-02-2014, 04:48 PM
On a somewhat related note, read in today's Sioux Falls Argus Leader that SDSU's WBB head coach Johnston is a finalist for the U of Minny WBB head coach.

They never should have let Frese get away.

BlueBisonRock
04-02-2014, 07:42 PM

As are Jody Adams and Niele Ivey (http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/253477501.html). The Gophers are moving quickly and appear to be serious. NDSU, not so much.

Bisonionette
04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
La Tech just hired Tyler summit. Pats kid. They fired Teresa Witherspoon. She has an awesome resume. Tyler is 23. Go figure.

SanDakotaState
04-02-2014, 08:26 PM
La Tech just hired Tyler summit. Pats kid. They fired Teresa Witherspoon. She has an awesome resume. Tyler is 23. Go figure.

He's been an assistant at Marquette for the past couple of years. Bright future for him. I was hoping he would end up at Minnesota. Good hire for LA Tech.

El_Chapo
04-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Minnesota doesn't want some shy - poke from El Brookings, Adams is in.

dakotabison
04-02-2014, 10:26 PM
AJ is a lock for the Minnesota job!!!! Magen Vogal will replace AJ at SDSU Big loss for NDSU, still have time to out bid SDSU for vogal. South Dakota can only give one year contracts to coaches. We need pay her the same as DeHoff and give a 6 year contract. that just might be enough to get Vog’s

Bisonator98
04-02-2014, 10:29 PM
AJ is a lock for the Minnesota job!!!! Magen Vogal will replace AJ at SDSU Big loss for NDSU, still have time to out bid SDSU for vogal. South Dakota can only give one year contracts to coaches. We need pay her the same as DeHoff and give a 6 year contract. that just might be enough to get Vog’s

Don't think so. I'm with El Chapo on this one. I bet Adams gets the UM job.

NDSUstudent
04-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Adams is not interested in the job...

http://www.kansas.com/2014/04/02/3381997/wichita-states-jody-adams-not.html

dakotabison
04-02-2014, 11:40 PM
If we can land Vogal, we will be contender next year!!! Any body that has a connection to Jean or Dorn, need to help!!!
SDSU beat Penn State sweet 16, Beat UM four strait times, beat Indiana. All big 10 teams with Minnesota kids that Pam, could not recruit.
Winning the WNIT only helps.

td577
04-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Am I missing something? I don't see anywhere that Vogel has any head coaching experience on any level.

West Fargo Fanatic
04-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Am I missing something? I don't see anywhere that Vogel has any head coaching experience on any level.

She has one year experience as an assistant coach at Wisconsin Green Bay.

The Green Bay women’s basketball team will have a new face on the bench for the 2013-14 season as head coach Kevin Borseth has hired Megan Vogel as an assistant coach on his staff. A 2007 WNBA draft pick, Vogel comes to Green Bay after serving as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Division II St. Cloud State University in Minnesota for the past three seasons.

Bisonator98
04-03-2014, 06:43 PM

Hmmm didn't see that coming....

ndsubison1
04-04-2014, 07:21 AM

coach speak?

southcliffbison
04-05-2014, 01:09 PM

Excuse me, I beg to differ. Mike Jewett, long time assistant for Aaron Johnston, would (I'm not going to say it's a lock) probably be a strong candidate to replace Johnston.

DIBISON
04-06-2014, 05:31 PM
There has been no hire yet and the open has been open for about 7 weeks. What the heck is going on with the athletic department administration. There is absolutely no reason why a head coach isn't hired by now.

HoopsBison
04-06-2014, 05:33 PM
There has been no hire yet and the open has been open for about 7 weeks. What the heck is going on with the athletic department administration. There is absolutely no reason why a head coach isn't hired by now.

Lynn Dorn...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
04-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Penn State assistant Maren Walseth may have an interest in Bison women's basketball job. Grew up in Bloomington, Minn., former pro player.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/452888437377339393

DORMIE
04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Walseth is related to a guy I have coffee with. Would be a good get.

The Lost Dutchman
04-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Courtesy of Jeff Kolpack on twitter, ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
It is my belief NDSU has big interest in SDSU women's asst. Mike Jewett, but also of interest, would he stay to see if A.J. goes to Gophers?

dakotabison
04-07-2014, 02:00 AM
If you think DeHoff was bad, Jewett would be 10 times worse. Come on people, have any of you been around woman’s basketball from D-1 to 15under AAU. They ran this clown out of SW state. You need to do some investigating from staff to player’s and parents.

You want to see HELL!!!! Thats how far this program will fall.

Jewett has done nothing at SDSU. He picks up used water cups during the game.

The Lost Dutchman
04-07-2014, 02:22 AM
If you think DeHoff was bad, Jewett would be 10 times worse. Come on people, have any of you been around woman’s basketball from D-1 to 15under AAU. They ran this clown out of SW state. You need to do some investigating from staff to player’s and parents.

You want to see HELL!!!! Thats how far this program will fall.

Jewett has done nothing at SDSU. He picks up used water cups during the game.

Comparing DeHoff to any SDSU coach is just silly. DeHoff was giving full rides that U Mary wasn't even willing to give full rides to. She was a good person and I'm sure a decent coach, but she couldn't recruit the midwest. You need someone who has proven they can recruit the midwest.

dakotabison
04-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Call Mark Smith, the owner of Minnesota Stars AAU the biggest AAU program in Minnesota. I would be willing to say they will push kids away from NDSU if Jewett is coach. Just a little info the verbal abuse was so bad I think the school was being threatened with law suits.

Google his name. Read his excuse for leaving sw state.

SlickVic
04-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Walseth is related to a guy I have coffee with. Would be a good get.

damn right dormie ++++++++ hail to the lion loyal and true...shed make amy proud thatpenn stater would no doubt about it dude

aces1180
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
It looks like Minnesota is going to hire the VCU coach...My guess is their need for a coach definitely put a delay on the hiring of our own.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/254114721.html

DORMIE
04-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Walseth's cousin told me this morning that her sister played here under Amy for a couple of years after transferring from Colorado State. Her father is an attorney in Bloomington, MN.

SanDakotaState
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
It looks like Minnesota is going to hire the VCU coach...My guess is their need for a coach definitely put a delay on the hiring of our own.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/254114721.html

Official

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040714aaa.html

West Fargo Fanatic
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/452888437377339393

Walseth is in her seventh season at her alma mater, where she is primarily responsible for coaching the post players. In addition to her duties as the post coach, Walseth concentrates on special situations for the Lady Lions, while also playing a significant role in the team's recruiting and opponent scouting efforts. She is also the team liaison for academic advising.

BlueKeyAlum
04-08-2014, 02:07 AM
Lynn Dorn...

Isn't Dehoff still under contract??

DIBISON
04-08-2014, 02:22 AM
Isn't Dehoff still under contract??
Only for 7 more days.......

BlueKeyAlum
04-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Only for 7 more days.......

Probably why a decision hasn't been made.

runtheoption
04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Probably why a decision hasn't been made.True. NDSU has never hired a new coach when the out-going one is still on staff.

CAS4127
04-08-2014, 03:21 PM
True. NDSU has never hired a new coach when the out-going one is still on staff.

Umm, was that supposed to be in purple?!

runtheoption
04-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Umm, was that supposed to be in purple?!If you don't know me by now...

CAS4127
04-08-2014, 04:05 PM
If you don't know me by now...

Unfortunately, I do know you!! :(

My take on what is happening is that this is classic NDSU basketball protocol. Everything always has to be wrapped up in nice wrapping paper with a pretty bow on top. Such as the Erv and Amy retiring but with nice little, well-paying job in the atletic department waiting for them, and now Dehoff being allowed to stick around til the end of her contract, to the detriment of the WBB program who needs a new coach and identity asap.

Just get it done already!! Things don't always have to be perfect to be OK!! Get tiring!!

NDSUstudent
04-08-2014, 05:14 PM
North Dakota State bringing Penn State women's basketball assistant to campus
(http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/431532/group/homepage/)

Bisonator98
04-08-2014, 06:48 PM

No head coaching experience. She's the third rung assistant at Penn State? This has Dorn written all over it.....:facepalm:

bruinbison
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Interesting head-coach prospect - to have on campus - that would be the 3 time Big 10
Regular Season Champs Penn State - Assistant Coach Maren Walseth
Penn State beat Wichita State 1st rd NCAA's & Florida in the 2nd rd before losing to Stanford in the sweet 16.
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/030414aaa.html

I never did understand the lack of upper-midwest connections, for recruiting, (ND, SD, Minn, Wisc etc)
when Carolyn Dehoff was hired.

- Walseth is a Minnesota native, Bloomington Jefferson grad
- was an all-big-10 player at Penn State (6' 2" post player)
- former WNBA player -
http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/maren_walseth/bio.html
- played summer AAU ball for North Tartan (center of Minnesota summertime recruiting)

So the hope is that she is still connected on the Minnesota recruiting scene, esp having played for North Tartan.
She is about 5-6 yrs older than Shannon Nelson (Bolden) and Kelly Roysland, but perhaps knows them from their
also having played for North Tartan (thinking ahead to possible assistant coaches). Roysland has a chance to be
kept on for the Gophers, last I read, but if not, would be interesting to see considered.
Just thinking out loud here, but those 2 and others could help recruiting connections.
Walseth strikes me as the type candidate who is looking for the right opportunity, and I like
that she would consider Fargo. Sure is nice the BSA remodeling project is committed to.

1998braves64
04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
No head coaching experience. She's the third rung assistant at Penn State? This has Dorn written all over it.....:facepalm:

These are the type of candidates to go after if they have decent credentials. Not sure about being 3rd tier assistant? Dave Richman on mens side has no head coach experience either and he's in the mix.
I trust Gene is involved at some level on this hire due to the poor decisions made by Dorn recently.

The Lost Dutchman
04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
These are the type of candidates to go after if they have decent credentials. Not sure about being 3rd tier assistant? Dave Richman on mens side has no head coach experience either and he's in the mix.
I trust Gene is involved at some level on this hire due to the poor decisions made by Dorn recently.

Dave has been Saul's right hand man for the past 7 years, please don't compare "3rd tier" with Dave in the same sentence. With that note, I think NDSU has to due it's due diligence and look at coaches who atleast have ties to the midwest. Coach DeHoff had no idea when it came down to player evaluation in regards being division 1 material. Can't be upset with the fact that atleast they are finally bringing candidates in.

coloradobison
04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Who on this board is knowledgeable of Penn State Women's basketball who could really speak to what kind of a candidate she is other than what is in her bio. We don't know how involved in all aspects of the program she is.

Perhaps someone at http://pennstatehoops.com/talk/index.php/board,2.0.html can provide an answer as to how involved she is, what kind of a head coach she could be, how good of a recruiter she is.

Ndsufan12
04-08-2014, 10:33 PM
I like that she has been in charge of post play--an area in which we are particularly weak. It was tough watching our posts have absolutely no go-to moves. This is something that can definitely be developed, even if our post players are undersized.
I also like that she's been a winner over and over again. We need that attitude to bring a different culture back to our gym.

Bisonator98
04-08-2014, 11:27 PM

Richman was Saul's #1 assistant for 7 years. I would have preferred at least a main assistant.

DORMIE
04-09-2014, 02:03 AM
Like I said in earlier posts, she has relatives in the area, her sister played here and obviously has connections and respect in the cities for recruiting. Gene said on the radio this evening that she had a good visit. Hopes it works out. Could be a diamond in the rough.

td577
04-09-2014, 02:35 AM
I like that she has been in charge of post play--an area in which we are particularly weak. It was tough watching our posts have absolutely no go-to moves. This is something that can definitely be developed, even if our post players are undersized.
I also like that she's been a winner over and over again. We need that attitude to bring a different culture back to our gym.

Get on the block, get position, get pass, power dribble, drop step, and either make an easy two or draw the foul. It is not a difficult game. When the defense starts doubling, start making them pay by kicking out to side open shooters. You don't have to have huge post players to do this. Just post players that know how to use their bodies.

In my opinion, this is how the women's game should be played. You don't have the issue of guys flying over people swatting shots. It is about position and leverage. Men's college bb win with good guard play. The women win with solid post play. It's a different game.

I want a coach who can maximize post play. Then this team will be more consistent and win more often then not.

CAS4127
04-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Get on the block, get position, get pass, power dribble, drop step, and either make an easy two or draw the foul. It is not a difficult game. When the defense starts doubling, start making them pay by kicking out to side open shooters. You don't have to have huge post players to do this. Just post players that know how to use their bodies.

In my opinion, this is how the women's game should be played. You don't have the issue of guys flying over people swatting shots. It is about position and leverage. Men's college bb win with good guard play. The women win with solid post play. It's a different game.

I want a coach who can maximize post play. Then this team will be more consistent and win more often then not.

But can she coach. It's really that simple. I mean, Saul wasn't a post player obviously, so he learned how to coach positions or had help. What's this Coach's answer?! Should we assume Dorn asked and was satisfied with question/answer?!

Personally, I don't assume one effing thing!!

td577
04-09-2014, 03:10 AM
But can she coach. It's really that simple. I mean, Saul wasn't a post player obviously, so he learned how to coach positions or had help. What's this Coach's answer?! Should we assume Dorn asked and was satisfied with question/answer?!

Personally, I don't assume one effing thing!!

As long as dorn isn't doing the asking, I'll be fine with the answer.

1998braves64
04-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Dave has been Saul's right hand man for the past 7 years, please don't compare "3rd tier" with Dave in the same sentence. With that note, I think NDSU has to due it's due diligence and look at coaches who atleast have ties to the midwest. Coach DeHoff had no idea when it came down to player evaluation in regards being division 1 material. Can't be upset with the fact that atleast they are finally bringing candidates in.

I either miswrote something in my post (likely) or you misunderstood my point. I wasn't trying to compare Richman and Walseth directly. I was stating that Richman has no head coach experience (fact no?). Just because someone hasn't been a head coach doesn't mean they can't excel at it in their first gig (Tim Miles did we all know how that ended up, and yes I know he started at Mayville). Everyone has to start somewhere eventually. On the women's side I have to imagine it's hard to find coaches with head coaching experience that want to come to NDSU. As I stated I trust that Gene is involved in some of this process (at least he's stated he is so he's either flat out lying to us or he's involved in some form).

Richman was Saul's #1 assistant for 7 years. I would have preferred at least a main assistant.

Unfortunately we can't force our dream applicants to apply for the NDSU job, otherwise we'd all get exactly what we want. She has the local connections (or would hope there is some left over anyway), has had playing experience at all levels, and has coached, granted as a lower tier assistant but also at a high major school too though. Am I sold 100% no not really but I'm willing to give someone a shot. Nobody knows what the future holds, nobody can say for sure she will pan out.

DORMIE
04-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Was just out to the BSA and ran into Coach Richman. Congratulated him and wished him success. Also met Walseth. Very impressive. Dressed for success and very businesslike. Doesn't appear that she'd just roll the balls out. Wished her good luck going forward.

RedRiver
04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Was just out to the BSA and ran into Coach Richman. Congratulated him and wished him success. Also met Walseth. Very impressive. Dressed for success and very businesslike. Doesn't appear that she'd just roll the balls out. Wished her good luck going forward.
So Walseth is still in town today? Does that mean the parties are negotiating the contract for head coach?

Tatanka
04-10-2014, 12:45 AM

:hide:

:rofl:

KC Bison
04-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Well, there are some traditions on the women's side of the athletic department.

DORMIE
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
One tradition that would change is that Dorn wouldn't hire the assistant coaches. I hope that with her reputation she doesn't fuck this one up. I guess the staff was really impressed. By the way Tatanka, you dipshit, it's a playground term.

ndsubison1
04-10-2014, 07:15 PM
the coach didnt decide who the assistants were?

Tatanka
04-10-2014, 07:16 PM
One tradition that would change is that Dorn wouldn't hire the assistant coaches. I hope that with her reputation she doesn't fuck this one up. I guess the staff was really impressed. By the way Tatanka, you dipshit, it's a playground term.

Indeed it is. And yes, it's also quite likely that I'm a dipshit. Thanks for noticing. :D

roadwarrior
04-10-2014, 07:23 PM
One tradition that would change is that Dorn wouldn't hire the assistant coaches.

If this was true, there is your recipe for disaster.

DORMIE
04-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I was told from a reliable source this morning that Carolyn didn't even know Jamie Berry when she was hired as an assistant. Hopefully Gene was able to answer any questions she had before she left and we get a positive support form Kelly Roysland, an obvious friend of hers. The new BSA could have a lot to do with her decision. Even though she wasn't looking for the job and we went after her, and the fact that her family and sister are in Bloomington, maybe she'll feel it's time to come home. We can only hope. Would hate to see this one get away.

The Lost Dutchman
04-13-2014, 05:53 AM
So sad with the lack of any type of development with this head coaching search. What the heck is going on behind the scenes and what the bleep are they waiting for??? Takes SU 2 or 3 days to name a replacement for men's hoops and football, but yet they can't even come up with a final 3 after a month or two with women hoops?? What the hell is Dorn doing???

td577
04-13-2014, 06:55 AM
So sad with the lack of any type of development with this head coaching search. What the heck is going on behind the scenes and what the bleep are they waiting for??? Takes SU 2 or 3 days to name a replacement for men's hoops and football, but yet they can't even come up with a final 3 after a month or two with women hoops?? What the hell is Dorn doing???

I think they haven't found the right match for the job. I would rather take some time and do it right.

unbison
04-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Job isn't vacant yet.....may is when the old coaches contract expires
Just sayin

Tatanka
04-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Just sayin

might have to repeat this a couple times so it sinks in. Big difference between coach leaving, coach fired, and coach not having contract renewed.

CAS4127
04-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Coulda swore I read DeHoff Contract was done in early April, like the 9th or so!???

Edit: Found it: Contract ends 4/15.

td577
04-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Coulda swore I read DeHoff Contract was done in early April, like the 9th or so!???

Edit: Found it: Contract ends 4/15.

I thought it was over last week. Two more days won't kill anyone, just someone's job. I don't think anyone will mess around. I say there will be announcement this week.

I always figured they would wait until dehoff's contract was done, I just thought that was earlier this month too.

ndsubison1
04-14-2014, 02:56 AM
Just sayin

this is an epic fail :facepalm:

JSUBison
04-14-2014, 03:19 AM
So they didn't cut Dehoff a check and send her off early, hey enjoy the paid time off? What has she been doing the past month while still employed besides working on her resume? They honestly can't hire someone until the other body is out the door? They can't hire someone and say "here is our new coach effective April 16th"? What do they do when someone is nearing retirement, act all surprised when they don't show up to work the next Monday after their retirement party? I guess it's time to announce Professor XXXX's job now, derp. I know things are a bit different for coaches but still SMH.

Wouldn't it be something if Dehoff ends up as an assistant at someplace in the Summit, and speculation would be what school was she really working for? I almost hope that happens for the shitshow we'll see here.

imabison
04-14-2014, 04:07 AM
So they didn't cut Dehoff a check and send her off early, hey enjoy the paid time off? What has she been doing the past month while still employed besides working on her resume? They honestly can't hire someone until the other body is out the door? They can't hire someone and say "here is our new coach effective April 16th"? What do they do when someone is nearing retirement, act all surprised when they don't show up to work the next Monday after their retirement party? I guess it's time to announce Professor XXXX's job now, derp. I know things are a bit different for coaches but still SMH.

Wouldn't it be something if Dehoff ends up as an assistant at someplace in the Summit, and speculation would be what school was she really working for? I almost hope that happens for the shitshow we'll see here.
With the poor attendance at the end of the season, the financials may have prevented the early hire. Just sayin

Ferd
04-14-2014, 01:03 PM
When I was employed as a manager at NDSU we were unable to fill a position until the old one was actually empty. Two people cannot hold the same position at the same time. Carolyn resigned effective the last day of her contract, April 15. It's a State personnel policy... maybe a state law.

Let's see what happens after the 15th.

Tatanka
04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
When I was employed as a manager at NDSU we were unable to fill a position until the old one was actually empty. Two people cannot hold the same position at the same time. Carolyn resigned effective the last day of her contract, April 15. It's a State personnel policy... maybe a state law.

We have a winner!!!

Bison bison
04-14-2014, 02:37 PM
But you can make a hire, just delay the start.

tony
04-14-2014, 02:39 PM

So the decision could already be made and we're just waiting for the announcement, right?

StL Bison Fan
04-14-2014, 02:40 PM
But you can make a hire, just delay the start.

Nope. The above is correct.
Can't even think about two people having the same job/ employee number

Although we don't know what is not on paper...

coloradobison
04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Walseth to be hired, per Kolpack.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/455752916377559042

Tatanka
04-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Good luck Coach Walseth....

HoopsBison
04-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Game on, time to get behind Coach Walseth and the program and get it back on track!

The Lost Dutchman
04-14-2014, 06:20 PM

So much for that logic.

StL Bison Fan
04-14-2014, 06:25 PM
So much for that logic.

Announcing and filling out paperwork are two different things

Tatanka
04-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Announcing and filling out paperwork are two different things

Precisely.

imabison
04-14-2014, 07:02 PM