PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Joe and Gene

THEsocalledfan
02-28-2014, 04:57 PM
For taking NDSU Division 1. I admit I did not have the foresight to realize this would arguably have a bigger impact on the basketball program than the football program.

Herd
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
For taking NDSU Division 1. I admit I did not have the foresight to realize this would arguably have a bigger impact on the basketball program than the football program.

I'm done thanking Chappy, he kinda violated the trust on his way out. Bescani has my full support, and has NDSU on the right financial path in DI. Its actually scarry to think where NDSU would be today if Chappy was still at the helm. Thank goodness Bescani came in when he did. Chappy was putting NDSU at risk in his final years.

NDSUstudent
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Basketball is definitely the sleeping giant at NDSU, with the new arena it should really take off.

CaBisonFan
03-02-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm done thanking Chappy, he kinda violated the trust on his way out. Bescani has my full support, and has NDSU on the right financial path in DI. Its actually scarry to think where NDSU would be today if Chappy was still at the helm. Thank goodness Bescani came in when he did. Chappy was putting NDSU at risk in his final years.We hired a gunslinger, and knew it. It's scary to think where we'd be if Chapman hadn't been at the helm. When Chapman's enemies found a way to get him, we said..."oh my, Chapman's a gunslinger. He has to go."

No Chapman...no three-peat.

THEsocalledfan
03-03-2014, 12:43 AM
We hired a gunslinger, and knew it. It's scary to think where we'd be if Chapman hadn't been at the helm. When Chapman's enemies found a way to get him, we said..."oh my, Chapman's a gunslinger. He has to go."

No Chapman...no three-peat.

I never cease to be amazed that when someone makes a mistake, people want to throw them to curb and forget all the good they did. (see Joe Chapman, Craig Bohl, etc.)

Herd
03-04-2014, 03:05 AM
I never cease to be amazed that when someone makes a mistake, people want to throw them to curb and forget all the good they did. (see Joe Chapman, Craig Bohl, etc.)

Chapman made a great decision to move NDSU to division I, and for that he should be thanked. With regard to NDSU finances, spending, and some key projects at NDSU, Chapman showed a serious lack of judgement in some cases, and was putting the university at risk.

The person that deserves some serious thanks for pushing Bismarck to turn the funding formulas around and restore NDSU to a position of economic strength is Brescani. To think where the university would be today financially without Brescani is sobering. Chapman was responsible for putting NDSU in that position, so I hope you understand my trepidation with showering too much praise on Champman.

56BISON73
03-04-2014, 03:16 AM

I think it has more to do with the fact many have already done their thank yous etc. and why go do that again after other facts have come to light. Has nothing to do with kicking anyone to the curb.

Bisonator98
03-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Chapman deserves credit for pushing for the D1 move but I think Gene's leadership has been the one that made it the huge success it has been. Thank you Gene!!!

Bison"FANatic"
03-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Well Chapman may have taken us to the brink financially but It really was a good calculated risk. We could still have been sitting back where we were going "Oh thank you almighty legislature for not underfunding us even more. We will now be able to have butter on our bread in stead of it being just plane." The increase in enrollment and showing what NDSU could be if resources were put into it was a huge risk and luckily it is paying off. Now hopefully with equitable funding from the legislature NDSU can reach closer to its full potential and become the economic engine that it can be for the state. Someone had to have the balls to stand up and lead and take the risk. Imagine if our leader would have been Dick Hansen instead during the early 2000's.

Bisonator98
03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Well Chapman may have taken us to the brink financially but It really was a good calculated risk. We could still have been sitting back where we were going "Oh thank you almighty legislature for not underfunding us even more. We will now be able to have butter on our bread in stead of it being just plane." The increase in enrollment and showing what NDSU could be if resources were put into it was a huge risk and luckily it is paying off. Now hopefully with equitable funding from the legislature NDSU can reach closer to its full potential and become the economic engine that it can be for the state. Someone had to have the balls to stand up and lead and take the risk. Imagine if our leader would have been Dick Hansen instead during the early 2000's.

Or that Kupofjello guy! :rofl:

aces1180
03-04-2014, 02:23 PM

Ask the people here in Bemidji what they think of that guy...

Bison"FANatic"
03-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Or that Kupofjello guy! :rofl:

I am sorry I am out of the office and unavailable for comment on that one.

Herd
03-04-2014, 11:25 PM

Your quote was . . . "And now with equitable funding".

You do realize that equitable funding didn't happen on its own, right? That was Brescani's leadership. You do realize that we would still have the old funding formula if Chapman was still at NDSU, right? No way that Chapman, with his reputation for not being cooperative, would have got that work done. No way.

Bison"FANatic"
03-05-2014, 02:37 AM
Your quote was . . . "And now with equitable funding".

You do realize that equitable funding didn't happen on its own, right? That was Brescani's leadership. You do realize that we would still have the old funding formula if Chapman was still at NDSU, right? No way that Chapman, with his reputation for not being cooperative, would have got that work done. No way.

I am saying if chapman hadn't pushed the university through increased research and enrollment Bresciani wouldn't have been in position to push for the equitable funding and we would of still have been playing second fiddle and picking up Un_ scraps as they found ways to keep our funding low. It will be interesting how the funding pans out in the next 4 years

CAS4127
03-05-2014, 02:47 AM
I am saying if chapman hadn't pushed the university through increased research and enrollment Bresciani wouldn't have been in position to push for the equitable funding and we would of still have been playing second fiddle and picking up Un_ scraps as they found ways to keep our funding low. It will be interesting how the funding pans out in the next 4 years

Agreed! Chapman opened the gates and we are still appreciating the effects. Peeps need to try to avoid getting swept up in the media and popular agenda. All were in his side until he pushed more and resultantly became controversial, and then most ran for cover! Typical of weak minded, non confident people/followers IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LikeMothers
03-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Sounds like, in Joe's case, sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there.

(And why is autocorrect trying to change "Joe's" into "Jose"? Maybe there's some meaning in that too)

http://mimg.ugo.com/201108/4/2/8/205824/cuts/stranger_480_poster.jpg

TransAmBison
03-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Joe was a gunslinger for sure. I shake my head at anybody who disparages the man. He did more for the university than any other single person.

Bison bison
03-05-2014, 02:43 PM
It will be interesting how the funding pans out in the next 4 years

Dude.

The funding mechanism has been finalized. It's unnecessarily complex, but known.

Now we'll just see Bismarck sending 4x the capital spending allocation to Grand Forks. UND will have beautiful underutilized buildings a student body 2/3 the size of NDSU's in ten years.

Bison"FANatic"
03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Dude.

The funding mechanism has been finalized. It's unnecessarily complex, but known.

Now we'll just see Bismarck sending 4x the capital spending allocation to Grand Forks. UND will have beautiful underutilized buildings a student body 2/3 the size of NDSU's in ten years.

I guess we will see won't we. We are going in the right direction. Control what we can and let UN_ do what they do. Funding for us is better than what it was. I know there are still quite a few legislators concerned about on campus vs. off campus students. Slowly slowly slowly we continue to get better.