PDA

View Full Version : Bohl News

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

VirginiaBison
02-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Interesting Sports Illustrated Story about Bohl and Wyoming (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140220/craig-bohl-wyoming-cowboys/)

StL Bison Fan
02-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Read the story. Two questions.
1. Is Bohls wife that dumb that she really says this stuff? Or he trying to be folksy and makes her look dumb?

2. What AD makes the comment that he can't believe someone pays money to watch girls bb? ( forget our team stuff. Even Gene would never say this)

Bison 4 Life
02-21-2014, 06:29 PM
1. Is Bohls wife that dumb that she really says this stuff? Or he trying to be folksy and makes her look dumb?

2. What AD makes the comment that he can't believe someone pays money to watch girls bb? ( forget our team stuff. Even Gene would never say this)

No, she's not.

KSBisonFan
02-21-2014, 06:43 PM

She doesn't sound dumb or folksy when she's tweeting as FauxCoachBohl....

marenlee
02-22-2014, 05:34 PM
"I'm pretty sure that on our first day of workouts, at least half the team threw up," said Dominic Rufran

In this day and age :facepalm:, I wouldn't be going out on a limb to say that quote is dangerous.

onbison09
02-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Also, did anyone else think the women's basketball quote was weird?

unbison
02-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Who cares!!!!!

TbonZach
02-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Who cares!!!!!

People who still actually like Bohl?

BisoninNWMN
02-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Good article on him and Wyo.

Hope he does well.

Green1
05-16-2014, 03:43 AM
Another article about Wyoming's new coach and the timing of his decision to move to the FBS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/craig-bohl-fcs-north-dakota-state-plan-to-wyoming-051514

WYOBISONMAN
05-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Meh..... Bohl can go pound sand.

bisonpride4ever
05-16-2014, 04:53 AM
Top 15 program in 5 years? They will be lucky to have 15 wins in 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
05-16-2014, 05:24 AM
Article was pro ndsu and our system. It should show gene and Dean that ndsu belongs in mountain west.

unbison
05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Article was pro ndsu and our system. It should show gene and Dean that ndsu belongs in mountain west.

Sorry dipshitt....

BisoninNWMN
05-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Another article about Wyoming's new coach and the timing of his decision to move to the FBS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/craig-bohl-fcs-north-dakota-state-plan-to-wyoming-051514

Good article!

Bohl will turn Wyoming around but I think he will be gone to another program before too long.

SamsRams
05-16-2014, 11:22 AM

per the article
"Bohl's system is "scary similar" to what Osborne did at Nebraska"

That is not pro NDSU, that says NDSU aint crap without Bohl's system. It blows my mind how you read what you want to read Lakes and ignore the obvious.

I always thought his smile was too genuine after the KState win. This just tells us he was smiling because he could chase his dream. He has 3 decent years in Wyoming and he is gone. Best of luck to him, still wish he wouldve left after the Furman game.

BisoninNWMN
05-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Top 15 program in 5 years? They will be lucky to have 15 wins in 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Bohl is there for 5 years, he will definitely have more than 15 wins. Once he gets his players for the west-coast, Wyo will be very good in the MWC.

tjbison
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
If Bohl is there for 5 years, he will definitely have more than 15 wins. Once he gets his players for the west-coast, Wyo will be very good in the MWC.

I disagree, he ain't gonna beat PAC12 teams for recruits, and I don't see him beating Boise for recruits. sorry but Laramie is a hard place to recruit top talent to...

maybe I'm wrong but I really don't care either he ain't here so whatever. I know I haven't watched a Wyoming game my entire life and I still wont

BisoninNWMN
05-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I disagree, he ain't gonna beat PAC12 teams for recruits, and I don't see him beating Boise for recruits. sorry but Laramie is a hard place to recruit top talent to...

maybe I'm wrong but I really don't care either he ain't here so whatever. I know I haven't watched a Wyoming game my entire life and I still wont

We'll see.

WYOBISONMAN
05-17-2014, 10:07 AM
I

Fargo is no gem to recruit players to either. The thing about Laramie is they have far superior practice facilities when compared to NDSU. Players do look at that. However, I doubt that we will be going head to head with Wyoming for very many recruits.

THEsocalledfan
05-17-2014, 12:30 PM

He only has to excel in MWC to get a big job....no need to beat out PAC 12 for recruits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tjbison
05-17-2014, 02:55 PM
We'll see.

Yes we will, I'm not bitter about bohl he made a career choice fine, but FBS Wyoming is way different world. But again I'm not going to be ordering Wyoming gear

HerdBot
05-17-2014, 02:55 PM
I

Fargo is no gem to recruit players to either. The thing about Laramie is they have far superior practice facilities when compared to NDSU. Players do look at that. However, I doubt that we will be going head to head with Wyoming for very many recruits.

What annoys my about the article is when Bohl said "if you can recruit Fargo, you can recruit anywhere."

To me that's bullshit. Were super close to Minneapolis which is loaded with talent. West of MPLS, were one of the largest metros in the midwest. It's always been that way. It's not tough at all to recruit players like Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, and Cole Jirik being that close to home, especially since they get passed over by the Gophers and watch us beat them.

What's tough is recruiting kids from warm weather climate to come here. Thats why we stick to the midwest footprint

1998braves64
05-17-2014, 04:23 PM
What annoys my about the article is when Bohl said "if you can recruit Fargo, you can recruit anywhere."

To me that's bullshit. Were super close to Minneapolis which is loaded with talent. West of MPLS, were one of the largest metros in the midwest. It's always been that way. It's not tough at all to recruit players like Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, and Cole Jirik being that close to home, especially since they get passed over by the Gophers and watch us beat them.

What's tough is recruiting kids from warm weather climate to come here. Thats why we stick to the midwest footprint

To Fargo community has to be slightly tough especially to the minorities. To NDSU I think is a bit easier though. Really I love Fargo and NDSU but other than the last 5-10 years it really hasn't been on anyone's radar too much. The good thing is NDSU has a big alumni group in Twin Cities and that helps with the recognition. Wyoming has to have a fairly large following too I imagine in the Denver area though? That to me would be the target area is Denver and northern colorado area.

HerdBot
05-17-2014, 06:00 PM
To Fargo community has to be slightly tough especially to the minorities. To NDSU I think is a bit easier though. Really I love Fargo and NDSU but other than the last 5-10 years it really hasn't been on anyone's radar too much. The good thing is NDSU has a big alumni group in Twin Cities and that helps with the recognition. Wyoming has to have a fairly large following too I imagine in the Denver area though? That to me would be the target area is Denver and northern colorado area.

I dunno. The midwest in general is very white. Heck the twin cities is only 6% African American, Lawrence and Manhattan Kansas are 5%, and Fargo Moorhead is 3%. Green Bay is 1%
Omaha is 15%. Iowa as a state is 3% with Desmoines being the most diverse at 10%

Laramie is less than 1% and it's small

I think the culture shock may be a little different if your coming from say Florida or the south east, but in general midwest kids are used to all us crazy white folks :)

I think the weather may be a bigger shock. Imagine coming from an area down south where it's warm and half the population is African American. Tons of white folks everywhere and it's cold :rofl: Trying to put myself in those shoes and it would be tough.
Honestly I think people up here are so NICE minorities seek through it. Besides ndsu campus and the FM metro is more entertaining than most people realize but I get why the perception is the way it is

StL Bison Fan
05-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Think about our last few posters and this one. I think this poster is telling...

@wyoathletics: Hey @wyo_football fans! Check out this year's poster for the #NewBohlEra! #gowyo http://t.co/Cn787uFFcI

gotts
05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Think about our last few posters and this one. I think this poster is telling...

@wyoathletics: Hey @wyo_football fans! Check out this year's poster for the #NewBohlEra! #gowyo http://t.co/Cn787uFFcI

I hope fauxcoachbohl chimes in on this one...

StL Bison Fan
05-21-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope fauxcoachbohl chimes in on this one...

I don't know who he is, but he's funny

KSBisonFan
05-21-2014, 04:17 PM
I don't know who he is, but he's funny

SHE is Bohl's wife.

StL Bison Fan
05-21-2014, 04:18 PM
SHE is Bohl's wife.

And she is writing it in Fargo?

Herd
05-21-2014, 04:33 PM
So, assuming on an equal coaching level (assuming Bohl at Both), who would have the better program in the MWC? Wyoming (at thier current 85 scholarship level) or NDSU (at 85 scholarships)? Would NDSU be better than Wyo as a program in the MWC?

Tatanka
05-21-2014, 05:33 PM

7220 feet... Altitude or actual headcount in stadium?

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

KSBisonFan
05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
7220 feet... Altitude or actual headcount in stadium?
Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

It's FEET so divide by 2 to get headcount....except that one guy only has 1 foot.

El_Chapo
07-03-2014, 03:03 PM
http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/bellevue-west-senior-commits-to-wyoming-as-cowboys-break-ground/article_c56fe92b-89a4-5117-bfb4-593b15ed4d4f.html?mode=jqm#.U7VW2XEmkNg.facebook

Bellevue West wide receiver CJ Johnson committed to Wyoming and the former Nebraska defensive coordinator who coaches them. Bohl, fresh off winning three national titles at North Dakota State, has made a push to offer Nebraska players. Johnson was the first to accept.

Johnson, a three-star prospect according to Rivals, plans on coaxing more local prospects to do the same.

“They’re a great coaching staff, as you can see by how well they did at North Dakota State,” Johnson said Wednesday.

Kid knows about NDSU!! , was #2 prospect in Nebraska.

KTF
07-03-2014, 04:27 PM

That poster reminds me of the 2003-2005 posters that NDSU put out. Remember the "fear has a new face" t-shirts from 2003. Wish them the best of luck in trying to duplicate the success that NDSU has had in the recent years.

StL Bison Fan
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
That poster reminds me of the 2003-2005 posters that NDSU put out. Remember the "fear has a new face" t-shirts from 2003. Wish them the best of luck in trying to duplicate the success that NDSU has had in the recent years.

That poster had the team behind Bohl. Here is another poster: http://t.co/Svm3NYPCCJ
Once again telling. Our posters are of players. Theirs? Coaches.

KTF
07-03-2014, 05:10 PM
I see what they are doing...

WYOBISONMAN
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Craig who? Meh...............

Hail bison
07-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Craig who? Meh...............

It has to get old hearing his name all the time?

JDZ
07-08-2014, 09:48 PM
A group of us went whitewater rafting in Colorado on the 4th. Our guide had a Cowboys bucking horse logo on his helmet and was a Wyoming grad. I asked him if he was a football fan. He was, so I asked how he was feeling about their new coach. He was excited and then asked a bit about NDSU football. It turns out his mom's family is from Bismarck.

LKB
07-12-2014, 04:46 AM
I like Wyoming's addition of Craig Bohl, but he's undoubtedly facing an uphill battle. Their current roster is poor and Wyoming is easily the hardest school to recruit to in the MW, and one of the hardest at the FBS level overall. Cowboy fans will have to patient with him, and definitely keep their heads out of the clouds when comparing Bohl's accomplishments at NDSU to what he'll do at Wyoming. I also hope Bohl is ready for the culture shock....at least from a football stand point. This isn't NDSU....I've been to games at Wyoming that had less than 6K fans in the stands.

Wishing him the best, but Wyoming is a damned tough job. He's not coaching the top dog anymore. He's taken over the Indiana State of the MWC. Patience will be a must.

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2014, 05:56 PM
I like Wyoming's addition of Craig Bohl, but he's undoubtedly facing an uphill battle. Their current roster is poor and Wyoming is easily the hardest school to recruit to in the MW, and one of the hardest at the FBS level overall. Cowboy fans will have to patient with him, and definitely keep their heads out of the clouds when comparing Bohl's accomplishments at NDSU to what he'll do at Wyoming. I also hope Bohl is ready for the culture shock....at least from a football stand point. This isn't NDSU....I've been to games at Wyoming that had less than 6K fans in the stands.

Wishing him the best, but Wyoming is a damned tough job. He's not coaching the top dog anymore. He's taken over the Indiana State of the MWC. Patience will be a must.
If anyone can do it, it is Bohl. He has a knack of finding the overlooked player and has the old Nebraska philosophy. Honestly if he can't do it, it is simply impossible.

HerdBot
07-12-2014, 06:58 PM
If anyone can do it, it is Bohl. He has a knack of finding the overlooked player and has the old Nebraska philosophy. Honestly if he can't do it, it is simply impossible.
I bet nick Saban could pull it off.

LKB
07-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Agreed. If Bohl can't win in Laramie, the Pokes will have achieved lost cause status.

North Side
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Watching Bohl on Root sports should have gone to today's game I had bison gear on at the Friday Rockies game.

WYOBISONMAN
07-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Agreed. If Bohl can't win in Laramie, the Pokes will have achieved lost cause status.

If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department. While I am not rooting for the Cowboys anymore (in fact an implosion would make me laugh), it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

THEsocalledfan
07-14-2014, 03:13 PM
If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department.

I think I may watch some Wyoming games for the first time in my life as I am simply curious as well......I think you are 100% correct.

Bison"FANatic"
07-14-2014, 04:18 PM
If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department. While I am not rooting for the Cowboys anymore (in fact an implosion would make me laugh), it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

I am curious to watch and see what he can build. Nebraska and NDSU both had tradition to work off of, Wyoming not so much seems more of a tradition of losing. I saw a quote from either the Wyoming message board or athletic article with the "those that stay will be champions" quote. Just made me go hmm so I had to look when they last won the championship of the Mountain west and it looks to me that the never have while in the Mountain West. The did have a 3 way tie in the WAC in 93 and won it out right in 87,88 and 66,67 and 68.

The bar is set quite low right now out there so that is a huge plus for the new staff though. Heck just making it to a Bowl and they will be able to eat at THE restaurant in town for free when ever they want :)

El_Chapo
08-12-2014, 01:28 AM
I gotta admit, this is pretty dam cool of him.

Bohl, in his first season in Laramie, could accomplish little without the strength of 24 battle-tested Cowboys at his back.

“Those seniors have gone through an awful lot. They came here, and it’s a whole new coaching staff," Bohl said. "When younger players come in, they’re going to look up to the older guys. Their example, and being able to lead in a meaningful way, is important.”

In time, that sacrifice will be rewarded. Even if Wyoming doesn't take the Mountain West Conference by storm in 2014, Bohl has promised this inaugural group of seniors that when the Cowboys win a title -- whenever that may be -- these 24 leaders will also receive championship rings.

Any skyscraper, after all, could never have reached such dizzying heights without a solid foundation.

“That's so big. It means a lot to us," Claiborne said of Bohl's promise. "It makes us want to play for him. It makes it easy to play for a coach when you know he has your back.

"I like playing for Coach Bohl. I really like Coach Bohl a lot.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-football-seniors-determined-to-help-build-championship-foundation/article_471362f4-cfa0-5971-b9ec-da3c8de15832.html

El_Chapo
08-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Another one, this one tragic.

Wyomings Ethan Woods mom/dad was killed in an airplane crash over the weekend,

Re: Pray For Ethan
by jarhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Just so everyone knows what kind of coach we have now, Coach Bohl personally drove him home to be with his family. My heart aches for this young man. I hope his teammates and his friends rally around him and help support him through this terrible time.

TAILG8R
08-12-2014, 02:35 AM

Bohl, in his first season in Laramie, could accomplish little without the strength of 24 battle-tested Cowboys at his back.

“Those seniors have gone through an awful lot. They came here, and it’s a whole new coaching staff," Bohl said. "When younger players come in, they’re going to look up to the older guys. Their example, and being able to lead in a meaningful way, is important.”

In time, that sacrifice will be rewarded. Even if Wyoming doesn't take the Mountain West Conference by storm in 2014, Bohl has promised this inaugural group of seniors that when the Cowboys win a title -- whenever that may be -- these 24 leaders will also receive championship rings.

Any skyscraper, after all, could never have reached such dizzying heights without a solid foundation.

“That's so big. It means a lot to us," Claiborne said of Bohl's promise. "It makes us want to play for him. It makes it easy to play for a coach when you know he has your back.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-football-seniors-determined-to-help-build-championship-foundation/article_471362f4-cfa0-5971-b9ec-da3c8de15832.html
NCAA violation for promising gifts to players? /sort of purple

El_Chapo
08-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Another one, this one tragic.

Wyomings Ethan Woods mom/dad was killed in an airplane crash over the weekend,

Re: Pray For Ethan
by jarhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Just so everyone knows what kind of coach we have now, Coach Bohl personally drove him home to be with his family. My heart aches for this young man. I hope his teammates and his friends rally around him and help support him through this terrible time.

Or we could focus on this instead of making jokes

TAILG8R
08-12-2014, 02:41 AM
I know I must have screwed up if El Chapo is chastising me for going off topic.

HerdBot
08-12-2014, 02:45 AM

But will he tell them when he accepts another job or will he let them read about it on the web? Since that day I no longer fall for his Bullshit or the shit eating grin.

It's all an act and a great bullshit story

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Or we could focus on this instead of making jokes

I understand where you are at here, Sam.

TAILG8R
08-12-2014, 02:53 AM
My first post wasn't a joke it was actually me wondering if the long arm of the NCAA would take exception to Bohl's plan of giving gifts to his players.

Hammersmith
08-12-2014, 04:05 AM
My first post wasn't a joke it was actually me wondering if the long arm of the NCAA would take exception to Bohl's plan of giving gifts to his players.

You could argue that it would be impossible for that to be a violation. They're seniors. They have one year of eligibility left. If they get rings this year, it will because they earned them. If they get them after that, they won't have any eligibility left so it wouldn't be a violation.

56BISON73
08-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Nothing the matter with your post.

onbison09
08-12-2014, 04:40 AM
But will he tell them when he accepts another job or will he let them read about it on the web? Since that day I no longer fall for his Bullshit or the shit eating grin.

It's all an act and a great bullshit story
I still maintain that he was going to the next morning. He's only guilty of being naive about it not getting out in my book. If he would've said it after the game, people would've bitched about that. While his exit could've been better, I'm rooting for him. That article and the ESPN article are pretty damn cool. Plus he took the program to unimaginable heights.

TbonZach
08-12-2014, 04:59 AM
I still maintain that he was going to the next morning. He's only guilty of being naive about it not getting out in my book. If he would've said it after the game, people would've bitched about that. While his exit could've been better, I'm rooting for him. That article and the ESPN article are pretty damn cool. Plus he took the program to unimaginable heights.

^^ This. Obviously the news didn't break how he wanted it to and I don't really blame him for how it all went down. Basically I view it as the story leaked, people (fans/media) freaked out, and he went into "oh shit" mode. Yeah, his grin and media pandering was cheesy at times but he got the job done when he was here. I wish him nothing but the best at WY.

56BISON73
08-12-2014, 05:14 AM

Gene Taylor and bohl discussed when to tell the kids bohl wanted the kids to enjoy the victory and was going to tell them the next day. Nobody should be blaming gt or bohl. The ass hole who leaked it should be kicked in the nut sack repeatedly.gt has said he regrets not insisting bohl tell the team that night. So Gabe stfu.

1998braves64
08-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Imagine if somehow that news broke during the game, maybe the guy knew that he should wait until late in evening thinking Bohl would tell the team after the game? That could have been a disaster, not that it already wasn't. I remember seeing the thread on here but couldn't get it to open! So took to twitter to find out what I could.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
08-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Gene Taylor and bohl discussed when to tell the kids bohl wanted the kids to enjoy the victory and was going to tell them the next day. Nobody should be blaming gt or bohl. The ass hole who leaked it should be kicked in the nut sack repeatedly.gt has said he regrets not insisting bohl tell the team that night. So Gabe stfu.

Ah... that's what they said to save face. Only suckers buy it.

StL Bison Fan
08-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Bohl probably did want to wait to tell them. But I think that WY was so hot to do the look what we did thing they announced it. No respect for Bohl. Now when Saul took his job, he told the kids and then Ohio announced. Respect.

NorthernBison
08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Bohl probably did want to wait to tell them. But I think that WY was so hot to do the look what we did thing they announced it. No respect for Bohl. Now when Saul took his job, he told the kids and then Ohio announced. Respect.
WY didn't "announce" it. The AD told the President that the job was accepted and it appears the President told somebody else (probably a booster). Once the information got to somebody in the media and hit social media, it moved at the speed of light. Two lessons learned/relearned: If more than one person knows something, it's not a secret AND Social media moves far faster and kids are way more connected than "old people" will ever understand.

56BISON73
08-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Ah... that's what they said to save face. Only suckers buy it.

As usual you are talking out of your ass again.

StL Bison Fan
08-12-2014, 03:06 PM
WY didn't "announce" it. The AD told the President that the job was accepted and it appears the President told somebody else (probably a booster). Once the information got to somebody in the media and hit social media, it moved at the speed of light. Two lessons learned/relearned: If more than one person knows something, it's not a secret AND Social media moves far faster and kids are way more connected than "old people" will ever understand.
Your point is well taken about secrets. But when something is on a sports channel or even social media, it's announced.

56BISON73
08-12-2014, 03:08 PM

It was a media hack.

NorthernBison
08-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Your point is well taken about secrets. But when something is on a sports channel or even social media, it's announced.
I get that. What people don't seem to understand is the extreme pressure that people are under at the top of an organization when changes are being made. When an AD is responsible for filling a prominent coaching position, he can't tell the President NO when asked if the guy they decided to offer has accepted the position. Likewise, in most situations there are demanding donors who want information and to be kept in the loop about what is going on. The question gets asked and an answer is given. Even if there is an admonishment not to tell anybody, people generally tell somebody else with the admonishment not to tell anybody and it spreads quickly from there. That's why I don't blame Wyoming for what happened. The same thing could, and probably will, happen at NDSU. Lord knows there are enough people even on this site demanding information about things they have no business knowing.

StL Bison Fan
08-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I get that. What people don't seem to understand is the extreme pressure that people are under at the top of an organization when changes are being made. When an AD is responsible for filling a prominent coaching position, he can't tell the President NO when asked if the guy they decided to offer has accepted the position. Likewise, in most situations there are demanding donors who want information and to be kept in the loop about what is going on. The question gets asked and an answer is given. Even if there is an admonishment not to tell anybody, people generally tell somebody else with the admonishment not to tell anybody and it spreads quickly from there. That's why I don't blame Wyoming for what happened. The same thing could, and probably will, happen at NDSU. Lord knows there are enough people even on this site demanding information about things they have no business knowing.

This is all true.

BYZEN
08-12-2014, 07:51 PM

NO!?!?!? :eek: Who could that be????:confused::facepalm::confused::facepalm::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WYOBISONMAN
08-12-2014, 11:31 PM
It was a media hack.

I am not sure about that. I got a text from a friend in Cheyenne that it happened the evening before it broke. I texted him back and told him he was full of shit and that Bohl would never go to WYO.

unbison
08-13-2014, 12:54 AM
As usual you are talking out of your ass again. Yeah what the hell everyone should leave that to you and I

bisonpride4ever
08-13-2014, 01:15 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/13/4y9a8y4e.jpg

NDSUBowler
08-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Reading this, Chapo quoted a post by jarhead. Is that NDSU's jarhead (now Wyoming's, I assume)?

If so, what role did he have at NDSU that would then transfer over to Wyoming, where he would be heavily invested in recruiting (as he was a huge poster in the recruiting threads iirc?)

Hammersmith
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Reading this, Chapo quoted a post by jarhead. Is that NDSU's jarhead (now Wyoming's, I assume)?

If so, what role did he have at NDSU that would then transfer over to Wyoming, where he would be heavily invested in recruiting (as he was a huge poster in the recruiting threads iirc?)

Pretty sure they're two different people. Our jarhead is still a regular poster here. Their jarhead is the father of one of their wide receivers.

NDSUBowler
08-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Pretty sure they're two different people. Our jarhead is still a regular poster here. Their jarhead is the father of one of their wide receivers.
Ah cool, thanks.

Bison"FANatic"
08-15-2014, 02:54 PM
I found this quote on the Wyoming message board interesting. They were talking about how the offseason conditioning has went.

"Coach Bohl has said he has only had one team quit because of being out of shape and/or exhausted......and that was against Wyoming a few years back. Because of this, he wants to use the altitude to our advantage"

Civil06
08-15-2014, 03:23 PM
I found this quote on the Wyoming message board interesting. They were talking about how the offseason conditioning has went.

"Coach Bohl has said he has only had one team quit because of being out of shape and/or exhausted......and that was against Wyoming a few years back. Because of this, he wants to use the altitude to our advantage"

Doesn't shock me. Humber was the only defender doing much in the second half and that was chasing guys down from behind.

StL Bison Fan
08-15-2014, 03:25 PM

Who was the coach of said team?

ndsubison1
08-16-2014, 06:43 AM
Bohl is on the front page of the ESPN College Football page. He was interviewed in this:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11359484/college-football-playoff-familiar-feel-coaches-craig-bohl-paul-johnson-bobby-hauck

natstar1
08-16-2014, 09:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2RqVI51.jpg

marenlee
08-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Love how Bohl is in his NDSU gear on the picture with Johnson and Hauck with their current teams.

scottietohottie
08-16-2014, 01:32 PM

That altitude is a real MF when I lived in Laramie and would go out drinking there would be hours that I couldn't remember actually get blacked out drunk. They said it was the altitude and I believe it I still drink all the time and never black out in the low country. First night in Laramie my roommates and I went to a pub and had a beer with supper when we got done eating no one wanted to drive home because everyone felt drunk off a beer.

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Bohl took the ice bucket challenge for a good cause
http://bit.ly/1t93L3c

aces1180
08-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Bohl took the ice bucket challenge for a good cause
http://bit.ly/1t93L3c

Man, do I dislike that guy now.

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Man, do I dislike that guy now.

Last time his players will dump a water cooler on him.

aces1180
08-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Last time his players will dump a water cooler on him.

Nah, when they qualify for and/or win the Fight Hunger Bowl or Belk Bowl, he'll get the bucket.

scottietohottie
08-17-2014, 01:29 AM
He used to have swagger now he's just a sellout I just hope the poor guy doesn't end up on the meth makeover billboard outside of Laramie with a before and after pic.

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2014, 02:57 AM
He used to have swagger now he's just a sellout I just hope the poor guy doesn't end up on the meth makeover billboard outside of Laramie with a before and after pic.

Yeah, he got quite a bit of smugness during his time here. I wonder how long that will last in Laramie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Yeah, he got quite a bit of smugness during his time here. I wonder how long that will last in Laramie

Not long. They will turn on him like a pack of dogs. We expect championships. They expect miracles.

aces1180
08-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Not long. They will turn on him like a pack of dogs. We expect championships. They expect miracles.

He'll retire there with something like a 47-49 record.

I'd be shocked if he ever got a P5 coaching job.

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2014, 03:19 AM
He'll retire there with something like a 47-49 record.

I'd be shocked if he ever got a P5 coaching job.

He'll probably end up at USD in 10 years.

aces1180
08-17-2014, 03:21 AM
He'll probably end up at USD in 10 years.

I say he finishes his career as a head coach in Nebraska...at Wayne State or Kearney, lol.

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2014, 03:28 AM
I say he finishes his career as a head coach in Nebraska...at Wayne State or Kearney, lol.

Wyoming has that effect on coaches, doesn't it?

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Love this from faux Craig Bohl

S/O to Gene Taylor for making it to the B1G before me.
I'll be waiting for the call here at Applebee's when you need me big guy!

56BISON73
08-17-2014, 03:55 AM

Like some Bison fans are doing now?

aces1180
08-17-2014, 03:56 AM

Now? Lol...I turned on him at about 10 pm on Dec. 7.

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 04:13 AM

Naw, we are more like sharks. (It is still shark week)

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 04:15 AM
Best of luck to bohl. He will be tied to NDSU forever no matter how hard some of you try. Deal w it

aces1180
08-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Best of luck to bohl. He will be tied to NDSU forever no matter how hard some of you try. Deal w it

Im proud of what Bohl did at NDSU...I just hope he fails at Wyoming...It's just how I feel as a fan of only the Bison.

BisoninNWMN
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM

Yep.

I think Coach Bohl will do a great job at Wyoming. His hard-nose style of football is totally different to what the MW is used to and that will translate into success IMO. The MW is soft and the power west coast system will work well there.

Gully
08-17-2014, 01:57 PM
I think Bohl and company will get the Pokes to a much improved level and maybe even win a conference championship in time. I think it will be fun to watch for at least two reasons. First, how similar will the schemes be, if they're as similar as I expect, it will be fun to watch the games. Second, how long will it take. My guess is 3-4 years since they probably didn't get much of a successful jump on recruiting despite the anger of some in the Bison camp of their activities.

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2014, 02:20 PM
I think Bohl and company will get the Pokes to a much improved level and maybe even win a conference championship in time. I think it will be fun to watch for at least two reasons. First, how similar will the schemes be, if they're as similar as I expect, it will be fun to watch the games. Second, how long will it take. My guess is 3-4 years since they probably didn't get much of a successful jump on recruiting despite the anger of some in the Bison camp of their activities.

This is true. I don't think Bohl and co will fail. I think it will be difficult for the culture to change in Wy. They expect to wake up the day of the game and have a bowl team ( spelled bowl). NDSU knows what it takes to have a winning tradition. People who know football know it will take time.
Back to my original post. This ice bucket challenge is everywhere. Do you donate somewhere? How does it work

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 02:32 PM
It's for ALS and I doubt anyone follows it up by sending $50 somewhere like the "ice plunge" challenge last spring

Hammersmith
08-17-2014, 02:36 PM
This is true. I don't think Bohl and co will fail. I think it will be difficult for the culture to change in Wy. They expect to wake up the day of the game and have a bowl team ( spelled bowl). NDSU knows what it takes to have a winning tradition. People who know football know it will take time.
Back to my original post. This ice bucket challenge is everywhere. Do you donate somewhere? How does it work

Meant to spread awareness for ALS(Lou Gehrig's). If you take the challenge, you are supposed to put it on social media and challenge others. Sort of a chain mail kind of thing. If you are challenged and refuse to take the bath, you are asked to make a donation to an ALS charity of your choice.

http://www.alsa.org/fight-als/ice-bucket-challenge.html

344Johnson
08-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Yep.

I think Coach Bohl will do a great job at Wyoming. His hard-nose style of football is totally different to what the MW is used to and that will translate into success IMO. The MW is soft and the power west coast system will work well there.

Mountain West has a veer team. I don't know what Boise is running now but I remember them being a balanced team... I think they will fail. Maybe improve some but Wyoming sucks

ndsubison1
08-17-2014, 06:03 PM
I just dont see Bohl doing well at WY. Nothing more than a mediocre bowl team

scottietohottie
08-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Have any of you ever been to Laramie? Who in their right mind would want to go live there to play football? A couple mountain men is all and the town isn't in the mountains it's on the high prairie in between some mountains it's like the size of Jamestown nd the population doubles when they start school no 5 star recruits are heading there I'll tell you that for free.

AKBison
08-18-2014, 12:57 AM

Yep, he brought us three Natty's. Hell I hope he pulls of the miracle of miracles and gets Wyoming into the new P5 Playoff.

THEsocalledfan
08-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Yep, he brought us three Natty's. Hell I hope he pulls of the miracle of miracles and gets Wyoming into the new P5 Playoff.

You could have a Mountain West team play every non conference game against the SEC top teams, win every game, and have about as much chance of making that playoff as having Lakes be rationale and not troll other team's message boards.....

GradBison
08-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Have any of you ever been to Laramie? Who in their right mind would want to go live there to play football? A couple mountain men is all and the town isn't in the mountains it's on the high prairie in between some mountains it's like the size of Jamestown nd the population doubles when they start school no 5 star recruits are heading there I'll tell you that for free.

And how many 5 star recruits are coming to Fargo?

From the reaction to the Bohl deal, I can't begin to imagine the nasty breakups some of you guys must've had. :facepalm:

scottietohottie
08-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Why would a five star recruit come to ndsu? Ndsu is not even in the mountain West. Wyoming does have a home field advantage with the altitude and you win all your home games you'll probably make a bowl game and maybe get an ice bath but besides that I don't see what Wyoming really has to offer thanks for the time as a bison bohl but you either went to Wyoming for money or because your ego is so big you think you can build a national power at Wyoming. I'm done kicking the dead horse let's move on. Let men with no eyebrows be. Almost time for Bison Football.

56BISON73
08-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Why would a five star recruit come to ndsu? Ndsu is not even in the mountain West. Wyoming does have a home field advantage with the altitude and you win all your home games you'll probably make a bowl game and maybe get an ice bath but besides that I don't see what Wyoming really has to offer thanks for the time as a bison bohl but you either went to Wyoming for money or because your ego is so big you think you can build a national power at Wyoming. I'm done kicking the dead horse let's move on. Let men with no eyebrows be. Almost time for Bison Football.

Money
Private Jet
Stepping Stone

runtheoption
08-19-2014, 01:02 AM

Money
Private Jet
Stepping Stone What the shit, Archer? Bohl went to Wyoming?

unbison
08-19-2014, 01:17 AM
What the shit, Archer? Bohl went to Wyoming?

Who is this bohl guy?

OrygunBison
08-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Money
Private Jet
Stepping Stone

I agree. Bohl will be in Wyo for 3 years tops and will make some noticeable improvements in the team on many fronts. At that point, Nebraska or some other school will steal him and he will take the offer and run. There will be no Wyo championships of any sort under his watch. Maybe, however, they end up with such strong momentum so that when Vigen takes over the team in 2017, they continue the improvement and make it all good by winning the MW in 2020.

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Craig who? By the way Orygun.... Great avatar! Neighbor? ;)

THEsocalledfan
08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
I agree. Bohl will be in Wyo for 3 years tops and will make some noticeable improvements in the team on many fronts. At that point, Nebraska or some other school will steal him and he will take the offer and run. There will be no Wyo championships of any sort under his watch. Maybe, however, they end up with such strong momentum so that when Vigen takes over the team in 2017, they continue the improvement and make it all good by winning the MW in 2020.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to stay at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.

BYZEN
08-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to say at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to THEsocalledfan again.

Bison"FANatic"
08-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.

That is where most people have the problem though. Most would agree with you on the rest of the post.

scottietohottie
08-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Go Klieman.

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to say at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.

When someone acts in such a classless way during the departure, I lose respect for them. I just never will view Bohl in the same light, and I am far from alone in that. It would be OK if my kid finally got a decent team to cheer for in Laramie as he has never known what it is like to have a winning FB program at college. But, there is also a part of me that would smirk like hell to see Bohl get clobbered. The coach of my team is Kleiman!

aces1180
08-19-2014, 02:57 PM
When someone acts in such a classless way during the departure, I lose respect for them. I just never will view Bohl in the same light, and I am far from alone in that. It would be OK if my kid finally got a decent team to cheer for in Laramie as he has never known what it is like to have a winning FB program at college. But, there is also a part of me that would smirk like hell to see Bohl get clobbered. The coach of my team is Kleiman!

Yep ^^^^^^

Bisonator98
08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Not this shit again. :facepalm:

THEsocalledfan
08-19-2014, 04:26 PM

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to stay at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.

Dang, post was so popular, I am approaching Robot status on this board.

Tatanka
08-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Dang, post was so popular, I am approaching Robot status on this board.

Did you just quote yourself?

THEsocalledfan
08-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Did you just quote yourself?

Yes I did. need to keep that up!

56BISON73
08-19-2014, 06:13 PM

I think people are totally underestimating the roll his agent played in this. Hes the salesman. Hes pitching to both sides of the fence here.

Bison Gal
08-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Since we are talking about Bohl today, found this article interesting....Michigan State previews Wyoming. Most of article about Bohl. Mentions North Dakota State's #17 Sagarin ranking last year.

http://www.theonlycolors.com/2014/8/19/6032011/michigan-state-football-2014-preview-series-wyoming

NorthernBison
08-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Sometimes people insist on making things complicated. I remember all the talk about what Craig would do and just what sort of job would be enough to drag him away from Fargo. Quite a bit of it seemed reasonable. Most of it was incorrect. I think he was very happy at NDSU and could have easily stayed there until he retired. It was his "safety net". When Wyoming offered him the job, he had a decision to make and he took it. I think it was the one, and only, real offer he got during the 10 years he was in Fargo. I honestly never thought of Craig as anybody other than a good coach who cared about his players and the people he worked closely with but who, ultimately, would always do what benefitted HIM the most. That makes him no worse than 99.9% of the people I've ever met.

344Johnson
08-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Hawaii...a fellow Mountain West program... Has "a real possibility" of dropping football.

tjbison
08-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Hawaii...a fellow Mountain West program... Has "a real possibility" of dropping football.

Well that must be the opening UND needs to move up what say you SS.com??

El_Chapo
08-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Bohl on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11359484/college-football-playoff-familiar-feel-coaches-craig-bohl-paul-johnson-bobby-hauck

You guys can whine all you want he's a ndsu legend

unbison
08-20-2014, 03:03 AM
Bohl on espn.com

Who are you speaking of?

BisoninNWMN
08-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Sometimes people insist on making things complicated. I remember all the talk about what Craig would do and just what sort of job would be enough to drag him away from Fargo. Quite a bit of it seemed reasonable. Most of it was incorrect. I think he was very happy at NDSU and could have easily stayed there until he retired. It was his "safety net". When Wyoming offered him the job, he had a decision to make and he took it. I think it was the one, and only, real offer he got during the 10 years he was in Fargo. I honestly never thought of Craig as anybody other than a good coach who cared about his players and the people he worked closely with but who, ultimately, would always do what benefitted HIM the most. That makes him no worse than 99.9% of the people I've ever met.

This here.

Bohl will do a good job at Wyoming.

AKBison
08-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Bohl on espn.com

Quoted For Truth. The Chapman, Taylor, Miles/Saul, Bohl era forever changed the perception of NDSU. I work in the Ag industry and when attending conferences at Iowa State and UM, I can tell you for a fact that their Ag Alumni look at NDSU in a whole new light. This includes published data and research info. Sometimes perception is reality.

MAKBison
08-21-2014, 03:41 AM
The past 10 years were huge HUGE for SU. Transformed from what was recognized as sleepy teaching college to what is now seen as a high level research Institute. Sports played a big part in that. Hand in Hand with the Ph.D degrees and research $$$$ . Thanks Joe et el!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted For Truth. The Chapman, Taylor, Miles/Saul, Bohl era forever changed the perception of NDSU. I work in the Ag industry and when attending conferences at Iowa State and UM, I can tell you for a fact that their Ag Alumni look at NDSU in a whole new light. This includes published data and research info. Sometimes perception is reality.

westnodak93bison
08-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Great post.

Bison bison
08-24-2014, 12:15 AM
The past 10 years were huge HUGE for SU. Transformed from what was recognized as sleepy teaching college to what is now seen as a high level research Institute. Sports played a big part in that. Hand in Hand with the Ph.D degrees and research $$$$ . Thanks Joe et el!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teaching college?

BadlandsBison
08-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Teaching college?
Teaching...how to party?!

MAKBison
08-24-2014, 01:31 AM
concentrated on just teaching Verses research.

Teaching college?

El_Chapo
08-29-2014, 12:16 AM
BOHL SHOW channel 683 Root sports on now.

also on NOON Friday (tomorrow)

the Bohl "Grin" is there.

unbison
08-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Who cares??+1

El_Chapo
08-29-2014, 12:55 AM
maybe you should "unsubscribe" from this thread. no reason to bark big dog!

ndsubison1
09-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Poster on WYONation:

Vigen had some questionable plays called

:rofl:

NDSUstudent
09-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Poster on WYONation:

Vigen had some questionable plays called

:rofl:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_peegzjCN4I/U29YTjRKHkI/AAAAAAAAQdw/gGcDVGkb52k/s1600/it-begins.gif

StL Bison Fan
09-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Poster on WYONation:

[/FONT][/COLOR]:rofl:

Maybe someone should go over and show them how to start a 'Fire Vigen' thread...

HerdBot
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Maybe someone should go over and show them how to start a 'Fire Vigen' thread...

After a few losses it will come. After they realize the system works it will stop. This year may be tough for Vigs since Wyoming current looks like the 2010 early season Bison team. Jose Moehler is currently the QB

Gully
09-02-2014, 02:20 PM
After a few losses it will come. After they realize the system works it will stop. This year may be tough for Vigs since Wyoming current looks like the 2010 early season Bison team. Jose Moehler is currently the QB

It really was like watching a slow version of NDSU. They'll get it built. It will be fun to watch them progress over the next 2-3 years.

El_Chapo
09-02-2014, 02:51 PM
about 10 minutes into game on their game thread someone said

"ndsu fans warned us about vigen, now i see the annoyances"

TAILG8R
09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
about 10 minutes into game on their game thread someone said

"ndsu fans warned us about vigen, now i see the annoyances"

Wait until the 4-5th time he calls the out pattern from his own 6 yard line.

Bison"FANatic"
09-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I wonder if Montana is going to do to us what they did on Saturday (Same as Georgia Southern round 2). They ran out the same time as Wyoming did. Sounds like it worked and calmed their crowd as they didn't know if they should cheer or boo.

It is interesting reading their board as there are some talking about it seeming like they ran the same 2 or 3 run plays all day. It has to be a huge switch to watch going from a spread to a power we are going to shove it down your throat team. It takes a certain kind of fan base to appreciate that kind of football.

OrygunBison
09-02-2014, 08:11 PM
It takes a certain kind of fan base to appreciate that kind of football.

Maybe the type of fan that likes winning, right?

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2014, 11:26 PM
It really was like watching a slow version of NDSU. They'll get it built. It will be fun to watch them progress over the next 2-3 years.

This here. Montana better bring their A game just to keep it close.

HerdBot
09-02-2014, 11:49 PM

Totally jealous they got that Hill guy for running back. He's PGTs cousin and he reminds me of Marion Barber. Dudes fun to watch run. Fast. Shifty. Strong. Total stud.

A1pigskin
09-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Bohl's wife has some high goals.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Was just on the Wyo boards and they seem to be really fired up on the coaching staff. I wish them well, it will be a long road till success.

Bison"FANatic"
09-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Here is a nice little article about what happens when trying to run a power offense with players recruited for a spread offense. It's going to take some time to get the right players in the system.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/film-room-wyoming-s-power-run-game-struggles-against-air/article_0bbf2772-8b6f-562e-9d36-3c4995001472.html

BisonGT
09-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Article in The Oregonian today calling Bohl/NDSU - FBS Giant Slayers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/09/no_2_oregon_ducks_arent_sleepi.html#incart_related _stories

Tatanka
09-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Article in The Oregonian today calling Bohl/NDSU - FBS Giant Slayers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/09/no_2_oregon_ducks_arent_sleepi.html#incart_related _stories

nope, nobody outside of Fargo knows of or gives a shit about the Bison.

NDSUstudent
09-13-2014, 04:01 AM
nope, nobody outside of Fargo knows of or gives a shit about the Bison.

Even in SEC country the Bison are a hot topic...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/52185851/Lets-talk-about-North-Dakota-State-s-bluprint-to-domination.aspx

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/51977474/Who-would-win--ULL-ULM-Tech-or-North-Dakota-State.aspx

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/51966318/Does-North-Dakota-State-ever-make-the-jump-to-the-FBS.aspx

1998braves64
09-13-2014, 12:38 PM
i still think of North Dakota's Fighting Sioux hockey as the flagship athletic program there...

This guy forgot his purple!!

Bisonator98
09-16-2014, 03:05 PM
This guy forgot his purple!!

"flagship athletic program"??? That has to be one of the HYB members.:rofl:

El_Chapo
09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Leia Bohl was in fargo for gameday. She said it's fun having 2 teams to root for every Saturday. That's really cool I told her. Bravo for her! Wyoming has Florida Atlantic this week (they lost by 40 to Neb & Bama..but killed Tulsa)

TransAmBison
09-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Leia Bohl was in fargo for gameday. She said it's fun having 2 teams to root for every Saturday. That's really cool I told her. Bravo for her! Wyoming has Florida Atlantic this week (they lost by 40 to Neb & Bama..but killed Tulsa)This post is funny.

Hail bison
09-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Leia Bohl was in fargo for gameday. She said it's fun having 2 teams to root for every Saturday. That's really cool I told her. Bravo for her! Wyoming has Florida Atlantic this week (they lost by 40 to Neb & Bama..but killed Tulsa)

Did she ever leave Fargo? Seriously

TAILG8R
09-17-2014, 02:44 AM
Did she ever leave Fargo? Seriously

I don't believe so. She is on the air all the time.

El_Chapo
09-17-2014, 02:45 AM
She's gone, but comes back and forth a lot. (Is on radio here and there )

56BISON73
09-17-2014, 02:49 AM
This post is funny.

Yes it is.

TransAmBison
09-17-2014, 03:08 AM
She's gone, but comes back and forth a lot. (Is on radio here and there )Do you have any clue what you are talking about? For somebody with the connections you have, I would not have thought you would travel this path. I mean, seriously...could you be more wrong?

BisonNation11
09-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? For somebody with the connections you have, I would not have thought you would travel this path. I mean, seriously...could you be more wrong?
He could be but would never admit to it. Oh yeah, no. No, he does not know what he's talking about. It's tough to do remote radio these days... :eek:

El_Chapo
09-17-2014, 03:25 AM
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? For somebody with the connections you have, I would not have thought you would travel this path. I mean, seriously...could you be more wrong?

Just going off her Facebook.she was here Saturday doing her show, so I don't see where the wrong is. ..and no I don't use my connections for ex coaches wives sorry, but I see you do..connect away

TransAmBison
09-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Just going off her Facebook.she was here Saturday doing her show, so I don't see where the wrong is. ..and no I don't use my connections for ex coaches wives sorry, but I see you do..connect awayI see the wrong in it when you blatantly lied. Please see example #1 below:

She's gone, but comes back and forth a lot. (Is on radio here and there ) You just made crap up out of thin air. You really want to continue justifying?

El_Chapo
09-17-2014, 03:45 AM
What the HECK are u talking about, it's all there on her Facebook. Go be friends with her and you can see for yourself... Laramie , Fargo Fargo Laramie. I give up TAB. It's all right there, go friend her big guy. (She was on Fargo radio at GAMEDAY at spicy pie in person). It's this some sort of Jedi mind trick TAB?

CAS4127
09-17-2014, 03:51 AM
Not sure about radio stuff, but I know she comes here often for personal/family things.

My question why does it matter?

She did post on FB recently that she ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Fargo or something like that.

I'm not "friends" with her but have friends who are--that's how I saw her post.

Again tho, who cares?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Did she bring back any recruiting info??????? :)

bisonmike2
09-17-2014, 05:01 PM
What the HECK are u talking about, it's all there on her Facebook. Go be friends with her and you can see for yourself... Laramie , Fargo Fargo Laramie. I give up TAB. It's all right there, go friend her big guy. (She was on Fargo radio at GAMEDAY at spicy pie in person). It's this some sort of Jedi mind trick TAB?

I never trust facebook for tracking. It's not accurate enough. When I want to know where she is, I just pull up the app I installed on her phone. It's accurate up to 25ft although the stupid judge told me I have to stay at least 300ft away.

KINGRANCH
09-17-2014, 05:20 PM

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ONE WEIRD LITTLE STALKER!!!! Please get help, please.

NorthernBison
09-17-2014, 06:16 PM
YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ONE WEIRD LITTLE STALKER!!!! Please get help, please.
Guys, this is one instance where he doesn't deserve the criticism. He's obviously a Facebook friend and if she posts a lot about what she's doing, it isn't even close to "stalking". As CAS said, he has friends who have told him the same things because they see it too. It's not weird.

KINGRANCH
09-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Guys, this is one instance where he doesn't deserve the criticism. He's obviously a Facebook friend and if she posts a lot about what she's doing, it isn't even close to "stalking". As CAS said, he has friends who have told him the same things because they see it too. It's not weird.
running to spicy pie to see her is stalking.

NorthernBison
09-17-2014, 06:47 PM
running to spicy pie to see her is stalking.
LOL. Yeah, there is that. You got me there.

El_Chapo
09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Haha. I didn't "run there". I think YOU guys are insane.
#1 I've known her for 20 years first off.
#2 way to run ANOTHER THREAD BY PERSONALLY ATTACKING ME.

All I wrote was she was in town for GAMEDAY and she obviously likes both teams. So from post 165 on can be deleted. Wow.

NorthernBison
09-17-2014, 06:55 PM

All I wrote was she was in town for GAMEDAY and she obviously likes both teams. So from post 165 on can be deleted. Wow.
Leave me out of it. I actually defended you.

CAS4127
09-17-2014, 06:59 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/d221d28466c76eb99e301938c58ed1c6.jpg

bisonmike2
09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
This thread is getting creepier and creepier.

runtheoption
09-17-2014, 07:18 PM
I never trust facebook for tracking. It's not accurate enough. When I want to know where she is, I just pull up the app I installed on her phone. It's accurate up to 25ft although the stupid judge told me I have to stay at least 300ft away.

What are you wearing right now?

BisonNation11
09-17-2014, 07:19 PM
What are you wearing right now?

The lotion from the basket

unbison
09-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Woo people are banana's

CAS4127
09-17-2014, 07:30 PM

I posted that screen shot to demonstrate she was in town this past weekend as Lakes stated. Like I said, I saw it because her and I have several friends in common, including many who post right here on good old BV.

bisonmike2
09-17-2014, 07:49 PM
I posted that screen shot to demonstrate she was in town this past weekend as Lakes stated. Like I said, I saw it because her and I have several friends in common, including many who post right here on good old BV.

Not judging. My comment was only to point out that we have Lakes talking about her spicy pie and how she used to come all the time but can't anymore. Then I start seeing facebook screenshots. Maybe I'm getting the details mixed up but you get the point.

KINGRANCH
09-17-2014, 08:47 PM

Sooo, you who have been kicked off of here more times than anyone else on earth gets to decide which posts get deleted? crazy seek help.

El_Chapo
09-17-2014, 08:59 PM
No Im Pointing out that since post 165 it's been a personal attack zone . I don't decide anything and your the 1 that threw out slanderous thoughts not me,

Mr. Burgundy
09-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Did she bring back any recruiting info??????? :)

No they took all that to wyomimg

kab1one
09-23-2014, 01:51 AM
And can't you be in one place and broadcast on the radio for another place? Weather guys do it all the time, so Mrs. Bohl doesn't have to be in Fargo to do a fargo radio show.

But she was at spicy pie Game Day.

NDSUstudent
09-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Interesting article about how our staff spent some time at Michigan State while Bohl was here...

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/09/wyoming_offensive_staff_spent.html?utm_medium=twit ter

El_Chapo
09-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Wasn't pat perles the connection? ( I didn't read)

NDSUstudent
09-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Wasn't pat perles the connection? ( I didn't read)

Didn't see Perles mentioned specifically. Just a lot of talk about how our former offensive coaches would go to East Lansing in the summer to talk football with MSU's coaches.

Quote from Bohl...

"Our offensive staff has spent extensive time with the Michigan State staff over the years,'' Bohl said, "so a lot of the schemes are similar.''

scottietohottie
09-24-2014, 02:26 AM
Jamal Spencer has the hook up when it comes to Michigan state.

HerdBot
09-24-2014, 02:50 AM
No they took all that to wyomimg

Hey don't rip on Bohl. But it's OK to rip on President B, the new AD, Troy Goergen, Teammakers, and the entire D2 minded athletic department. But not Craig Bohl (purple font)

El_Chapo
09-24-2014, 03:54 AM
I got Bohls back

scottietohottie
09-24-2014, 11:33 AM
I got Bohls back
Mountain West baby!

WYOBISONMAN
09-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Bohl is gonna get his rear kicked this weekend.......

THEsocalledfan
09-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Bohl is gonna get his rear kicked this weekend.......

I think you are correct. Are Wyoming fans smart enough to know Bohl can't turn this sinking ship around in one year? Best they can hope for is likely one significant upset. Folks forget that after Bohl's big upset in Montana, that team screwed the poach at UN_.......

Loud and Proud Bison fan
09-24-2014, 03:16 PM
I never knew this.. but found it on ESPN..

Mark Dantonio said he and Craig Bohl were both up for an assistant job at North Dakota State back in the day. Bohl got the nod.
— Austin Ward (@AWardESPN) Sept. 23, 2014

Guessin he meant head coaching job. Just think what would have happened if Dantonio would have been here instead of Bohl.

79FCourt
09-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Pretty sure this was an assistant position with Morton's staff.

1998braves64
09-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I never knew this.. but found it on ESPN..

Mark Dantonio said he and Craig Bohl were both up for an assistant job at North Dakota State back in the day. Bohl got the nod.
— Austin Ward (@AWardESPN) Sept. 23, 2014

Guessin he meant head coaching job. Just think what would have happened if Dantonio would have been here instead of Bohl.

maybe referencing the year that bohl was here as an assistant in the 80s I think?

El_Chapo
09-25-2014, 02:03 AM
Yes they'll lose to msu. Then finish middle of MWC in year 1 6-6

ndsubison1
09-25-2014, 04:38 AM
will be interesting to see how they do in conference. already 1-0, but theyve barely been getting by bad teams. that being said not much to work with down there. their RBs are pretty good though in Wick, May, and Hill.

bisonmike2
09-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Michigan State is running all over Wyo.

El_Chapo
09-27-2014, 04:41 PM
So weird seeing bohl on espn2 and not in frisco

HerdBot
09-27-2014, 06:06 PM
So weird seeing bohl on espn2 and not in frisco

Bohl was on espn 4 times last year.

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Article about NDSU/bohl being 12-1 after bye weeks

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-s-bohl-says-team-will-emphasize-rest-fundamentals-in/article_8bcbdfb6-0386-59dc-b5f9-b14d131d6a3f.html

oldmantutters
09-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Article about NDSU/bohl being 12-1 after bye weeks

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-s-bohl-says-team-will-emphasize-rest-fundamentals-in/article_8bcbdfb6-0386-59dc-b5f9-b14d131d6a3f.html
Author of the piece, Mike Vorel, spelled Moorhead wrong so he can go fuck right off.

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Dragonsfan does not approve!

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Dragonsfan does not approve!

What ever happened to "Dragonsfan?" Did he have an ethnic conversion?

JMB
10-02-2014, 10:47 PM
What ever happened to "Dragonsfan?" Did he have an ethnic conversion?

The meds kicked in and he is only down to a couple of personalities.

Bison"FANatic"
10-03-2014, 01:33 AM
The meds kicked in and he is only down to a couple of personalities.

He and standing rock are taking in a few sioux games

SamsRams
10-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Seriously, how long does he last at Wyoming??

http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2014/10/9/6951131/so-you-want-to-replace-tim-beckman

HerdBot
10-12-2014, 09:52 AM
After losing to Hawaii for the first time since 1992, I can feel a meltdown coming.

unbison
10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Good job Hawaii.... Whale of a game fake smile

A1pigskin
10-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Seriously, how long does he last at Wyoming??

http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2014/10/9/6951131/so-you-want-to-replace-tim-beckman

Would he take the Bison crew with?

79FCourt
10-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Cowboys blow an 11 point 2nd half lead and lose to Hawaii. Seems pretty uncharacteristic of a Bohl coached team.

BisonNation11
10-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Cowboys blow an 11 point 2nd half lead and lose to Hawaii. Seems pretty uncharacteristic of a Bohl coached team.

I must say though, that you have to take into consideration two things. 1. Bohl didn't take his D-Coord with him to Wyo. The last two that he has had set a pretty high standard. 2. It's a new system to the kids actually playing the game. It's a difficult defense to learn. That being said, Go Bison!

Bison Gal
10-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I must say though, that you have to take into consideration two things. 1. Bohl didn't take his D-Coord with him to Wyo. The last two that he has had set a pretty high standard. 2. It's a new system to the kids actually playing the game. It's a difficult defense to learn. That being said, Go Bison!

And I'd add......Bohl didn't take the "NDSU - all who stay will be champions" culture with him to Wyoming either. I give Bohl his due credit with the football program, but the football dynasty was not all him.

HerdBoy
10-13-2014, 11:04 PM
That has to be a tough road trip though. How many time zones is that? Then they play the game at night. I watched the entire UNI game and I think it ended at 2 am central time.

bisonpride4ever
10-14-2014, 12:12 AM
They had a bye week before the Hawaii game. They could've prepared some for it. I remember in high school, we played Oak Grove two years in a row at like 7-8 am at the FargoDome. That whole week we had practice before school at 6am everyday to get used to playing at the time of the day. We destroyed them both games. Granted OG was horseshit.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

HerdBot
10-14-2014, 12:17 AM
That has to be a tough road trip though. How many time zones is that? Then they play the game at night. I watched the entire UNI game and I think it ended at 2 am central time.

So tough. That's why it's been 22 years since their last loss to Hawaii (purple)

HerdBoy
10-14-2014, 12:58 AM
So tough. That's why it's been 22 years since their last loss to Hawaii (purple)

Well maybe they got the opportunity to do some surfing.

ndsubison1
10-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Would he take the Bison crew with?

id bet he'd take most of them

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=bisonpride4ever;928351]They had a bye week before the Hawaii game. They could've prepared some for it. I remember in high school, we played Oak Grove two years in a row at like 7-8 am at the FargoDome. That whole week we had practice before school at 6am everyday to get used to playing at the time of the day. We destroyed them both games. Granted OG was

Very similar to traveling to Hawaii. Ha. I kid.

Bison Gal
10-14-2014, 01:01 PM
I just read a little older Denver Post article on Coach Bohl that quotes him saying he forged a relationship with the Wyoming football players by telling them "Those who stay will be champions". I believe that phrase was coined years and years ago at NDSU......not by Bohl......is that correct?

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_26412746/craig-bohl-plans-rebuild-wyoming-football-from-ground

TransAmBison
10-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I just read a little older Denver Post article on Coach Bohl that quotes him saying he forged a relationship with the Wyoming football players by telling them "Those who stay will be champions". I believe that phrase was coined years and years ago at NDSU......not by Bohl......is that correct?

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_26412746/craig-bohl-plans-rebuild-wyoming-football-from-ground

Yes, that was here long before Bohl.

bisonmike2
10-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Yes, that was here long before Bohl.

Yeah, it was Babich that started that, right?:biggrin:

HerdBot
10-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah, it was Babich that started that, right?:biggrin:

Bohl was responsible for the previous 8 National Championships. The cupboard was bare and hhe was left with the shitty reject players Babich recruited like Joe Mays, Steve Walker, Craig Dahl, Rob Hunt, Kyle Steffes, Drago, Frick, Marquis Johnson, Majeski, Burrell, Travis White , and 5 future staples on the oline. There are dozens of other mediocre players like Essler and the Kittleson brothers not worth mentioning. (Purple font )

aces1180
10-14-2014, 03:15 PM

It was coined at the University of Michigan.

CAS4127
10-14-2014, 03:31 PM

And it was being used here before I stepped on campus in the mid-80's.

My favorite quote used by NDSU athletics is the one in the weightroom that states: "Your competition got stronger today. Did you?". That was a motivator for me for whatever reason.

Answer Guy
10-14-2014, 06:45 PM
That was a motivator for me for whatever reason.

Because you were a wimp?

marenlee
10-14-2014, 08:09 PM

Kinda hard to use that there now :rofl:

Jay
10-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Not looking like Kansas... Interesting name on here tho.

@FootballScoop: Really don’t have a good feel for who Kansas is interested in. From coaching circles, the names I hear most are W Fritz, D Doeren & Fuente

ndsubison1
10-23-2014, 08:21 AM
From WyoNation: (Sounds familiar :evil:)

The "lack thereof" of a killer instinct and horrible playcalling in OT, all you have to do is get 1 1st down then work on getting it to the endzone, but 4 straight runs. Our secondary playing 8-10 yards off the ball and playing the receivers from behind, also, turn and look for the ball when it's thrown, etc, etc I could go on and on and on, but we get the just!!!

Also, the QB's uncle posted on the board. Somebody said he got in a students face and swore at said student. Kinda entertaining.

http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11549

The_Sicatoka
10-23-2014, 01:02 PM
The "lack thereof" of a killer instinct and horrible playcalling ...
Our secondary playing 8-10 yards off the ball and playing the receivers from behind, ...

Chris Mussman went to Laramie?

The_Sicatoka
10-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Poke fans want immediate results but the reality is give Bohl two of his recruiting classes and the rest of that conference will rue the day he was hired in Laramie.

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Poke fans want immediate results but the reality is give Bohl two of his recruiting classes and the rest of that conference will rue the day he was hired in Laramie.

Agreed.....also the only reason he lost his one game with UN_. :)

The_Sicatoka
10-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Agreed.....also the only reason he lost his one game with UN_. :)

No. He was overcome by the first live encounter with "The 'stache". Since then Bohl learned how to withstand the power of "The 'stache".

StL Bison Fan
10-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Maybe we can donate our Fire Vigen thread to them?

HerdBoy
10-24-2014, 01:07 AM
WYO is a work in progress. I was going to watch the San Jose State game but spaced it off. It works both ways WYO probably shouldn't have won the Florida Atlantic game. Whacky ending to that game.

HerdBoy
11-01-2014, 06:11 PM
WYO has Fresno State, Utah State, Boise State, and New Mexico left in its schedule. I see 1 more win and the season ending at 4 - 8.

ndsubison1
11-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Wyo does have a few talented players. Just no depth and still need to find the right pieces for their system. They are very good at RB. Just need to fix the OL, FB, QB and a few areas on D

MAKBison
11-02-2014, 04:55 AM
From WyoNation: (Sounds familiar :evil:)

Also, the QB's uncle posted on the board. Somebody said he got in a students face and swore at said student. Kinda entertaining.

http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11549

You share that from their board when 5 post down there is this......WTF!

http://youtu.be/0L8HkPqLkgs