PDA

View Full Version : New NDSU record!

tony
02-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Maddie McClennan destroyed the 5000 meter record tonight. Have to wait for the details though

Buffalo.Rider
02-16-2014, 03:24 PM
42 or second improvement over her prior personal best ... that is about 12-14 seconds per mile of the 3.1 miles in 5000m. That is extremely impressive.

(as you probably know by now), there were other a couple of other records set as well - weight throw, 4x400. On the 4x400 ... just checked the Don Kirby Elite results (where Oregon with Roesler running 2nd leg - ran a 3:30, which lead the NCAA this year and breaks the Oregon school record) ... if the Bison 4x400 would have been in that race,they would have gotten 3rd place. So very impressive and I think they are just getting going. A great group and of this, Milbreath (spelling?) is certainly making a strong contribution early in her Bison career. Fun to see.

Last ... must have been a few people sick or hurt ... didn't see them compete even though they were slated to.

td577
02-16-2014, 03:34 PM
42 or second improvement over her prior personal best ... that is about 12-14 seconds per mile of the 3.1 miles in 5000m. That is extremely impressive.

(as you probably know by now), there were other a couple of other records set as well - weight throw, 4x400. On the 4x400 ... just checked the Don Kirby Elite results (where Oregon with Roesler running 2nd leg - ran a 3:30, which lead the NCAA this year and breaks the Oregon school record) ... if the Bison 4x400 would have been in that race,they would have gotten 3rd place. So very impressive and I think they are just getting going. A great group and of this, Milbreath (spelling?) is certainly making a strong contribution early in her Bison career. Fun to see.

Last ... must have been a few people sick or hurt ... didn't see them compete even though they were slated to.

Mibrath. She is going to be a very good one. Hopefully JK can work with her to reduce injuries so she doesn't spend too many long periods on the shelf.

tony
02-16-2014, 05:04 PM

Yeah, sorry, I didn't see the other records until later. Those are pretty amazing records too. Heck, I'm not sure which record is more amazing - probably a three-way tie.

Congrats to Lesser and Milbrath-Tingelstad-Heinze-Stratioti!

Buffalo.Rider
02-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Yeah, sorry, I didn't see the other records until later. Those are pretty amazing records too. Heck, I'm not sure which record is more amazing - probably a three-way tie.

Congrats to Lesser and Milbrath-Tingelstad-Heinze-Stratioti!

Just did a quick check on both trackandfieldnews.com (lists) and usatf.org (lists), and for all American women here is how NDSU's three records stack up - not including perfomances from this past weekend (of Feb 14-15) because it takes a week or so before the times get verified and added to the lists.

Maddie's 5000 meter: This is probably top 50, maybe top 40. The yearly lists only list the top 19 and the 19th time is 16:27 (versus Maddie's 16:47) So, an excellent time.

Emily's 64 ft Weight toss: She ranks about 35th in their list of throwers (once again, the lists do not include the past weekend's throws).

the women's 4x400: Their time is 11th best (not counting this weekends results). So this is very impressive.