PDA

View Full Version : Kolpack on Bohl

SoCalBison
02-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Apparently Jeff had more to say after the thread got locked. :facepalm:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/426127/

KSBisonFan
02-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Was it about Fauchs or Hazentine? Care to share a link?

westnodak93bison
02-10-2014, 01:58 PM
We need an enumerated list of Bohl's wrong doing from December on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
02-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Maybe Kolpack is feeling guilty about the stuff he tweeted as fauxCoachBohl .* *Purple implied

HerdBot
02-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I think Bohl is right up there and he is a HOF coach in my opinion. If your level of judgment is National Championships then yes he is #1. I think what sets Bohl apart from the others is he was brilliant at being a CEO of the team. He put together a great PROGRAM from top to bottom. Honestly I don't think he did as much coaching we like to think. It was the assistant coaches, who Bohl hired, and the support given to him by Gene Taylor, marketing, and Chapman/Bres. He was a perfect fit in a perfect situation and I think he gets a little too much credit

But just because he won 3 straight National Championships doesn't mean he's the best. He even said himself, he got the all time wins record because he spent over 10 years at NDSU. The thing about NDSU is we always have awesome coaches, marketing, resources, etc.

Mudra...Erhardt,
Wacker... Morton...Solomonson...Hager
Bohl.. Klieman

How successful would these coaches have been been had he stuck around for 11 years? Anyone see a trend of keeping a program built?

Either way I agree with Kolpack that it's time to move on. Just because Bohl was great doesn't take away what the other legendary coaches did and it doesn't mean we won't have futue success. We will

Klieman will carry the tradition just like the others have done

BadlandsBison
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I give Kolpack credit for not going negative. Point is its time to move on.

dewey
02-10-2014, 03:22 PM
I give Kolpack credit for not going negative. Point is its time to move on.

Agreed. Thanks for your time leading the Bison and good luck in Wyoming Coach Bohl.

Once a Bison, Always a Bison!

Dewey

CivilBison96
02-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Kolpack may need a better research staff......

"You can also pen this status to Bohl’s name: He is one of two coaches that can be considered the best-ever at the school in any sport – equaling Amy Ruley, who won five national women’s basketball titles, including three in a row.

Bohl equaled Ruley’s consecutive national title streak when the Bison defeated Towson University (Md.) last month for their third straight FCS championship."

Last time I checked Ruley had four in a row 1993-1996 and was 2 points away from 6 in a row.

VirginiaBison
02-10-2014, 06:48 PM
I agree with Kolpack that its time to move on.

The transition period between signing on with Wyoming and leaving NDSU was an unfortunate blip in the road of relationships between Bisonvill Fan and Bohl in an otherwise sterling 11 year term. Eleven years and a 3-peat heavily outweight anything that went on or appeared to be going on during the final 6 weeks.

That fact that despite over 1025 comments speculating on "Bohl Recruiting NDSU recruits", not much of substance actually resulted except maybe loss of some goodwill.

Put Bohl in the NDSU hall of fame and move on.

perthbison
02-10-2014, 06:58 PM
I give Kolpack credit for not going negative. Point is its time to move on.I'll go with this assesment too. The other stuff is but a blip on the radar. Our recruiting season looks great, we threepeated, new staff looks very competent and exciting, nothing much to be pissed about.

westnodak93bison
02-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I'll go with this assesment too. The other stuff is but a blip on the radar. Our recruiting season looks great, we threepeated, new staff looks very competent and exciting, nothing much to be pissed about.

Whatever, I heard Bohl even took a handful of university supplied pens and stationary. He even wrote down some notes while talking to a WYO recruit. Gasp. Purple font.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SamsRams
02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Bohl was the 7th best coach on the staff last year. I thank all the other coaches for carrying him through the finish line. Gordie Haug HOF

PaBizon
02-11-2014, 12:04 AM
I'll go with this assesment too. The other stuff is but a blip on the radar. Our recruiting season looks great, we threepeated, new staff looks very competent and exciting, nothing much to be pissed about.

Agreed. As GT said "no big deal".

heckler
02-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Bohl was the 7th best coach on the staff last year. I thank all the other coaches for caring him through the finish line. Gordie Haug HOF

In my opinion Coach K is going for two in a row this year.

BisonNeil
02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
On a slightly off the topic, topic, I just looked at the class Bohl signed at WY. Very interesting.

While it is true a few of the players they signed had been offered by NDSU, what stuck out for me was the lack of other FBS offers for the kids he signed. Hell, I think NDSU signees have more FBS offers than WY class had. Most of WY recruits were being recruited primarily by FCS teams, and some of them not very good ones.

Good luck to him, he is going to need it.

http://www.cowboyaltitude.com/2014/2/5/5378832/2014-wyoming-cowboy-football-recruiting-class

THEsocalledfan
02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
On a slightly off the topic, topic, I just looked at the class Bohl signed at WY. Very interesting.

While it is true a few of the players they signed had been offered by NDSU, what stuck out for me was the lack of other FBS offers for the kids he signed. Hell, I think NDSU signees have more FBS offers than WY class had. Most of WY recruits were being recruited primarily by FCS teams, and some of them not very good ones.

http://www.cowboyaltitude.com/2014/2/5/5378832/2014-wyoming-cowboy-football-recruiting-class

Give him a couple years; very little he could do to improve this years lot considering he took the job in December. Next year will tell the tale on program direction.

HerdBoy
02-17-2014, 11:18 PM

1 from Wyoming?

EndZoneQB
02-18-2014, 12:01 AM
1 from Wyoming?

Why are you surprised by that? It's a smaller state than ND and it's an FBS program...did you expect him to sign 10 kids from Wyo?

SamsRams
02-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Why are you surprised by that? It's a smaller state than ND and it's an FBS program...did you expect him to sign 10 kids from Wyo?

I expected them to sign some PWO's from wyoming. then again maybe they have, problem is no one who covers wyoming recruiting knows was a PWO is

HerdBoy
02-18-2014, 12:53 AM

Maybe more than 1.

SamsRams
02-18-2014, 05:55 AM
Maybe more than 1.

and lets be honest, the one was not someone he wants. There is a reason he went out and got 2 more QB's

seriously how bad do you have to be to have to sign 3 qb's in one class?

Hail bison
02-18-2014, 06:41 AM
and lets be honest, the one was not someone he wants. There is a reason he went out and got 2 more QB's

seriously how bad do you have to be to have to sign 3 qb's in one class?

Both the one and two qb gone, correct? Who's left? Can't see things going well out there

KansasBison
02-18-2014, 12:56 PM
They had no choice but to sign three. One JUCO for immedate mid-year availability and two other high school kids for depth/future. The two remaining QB's on roster aren't that good it seems. I mean come on their two best QB's were no longer there.

56BISON73
02-19-2014, 02:42 AM
They had no choice but to sign three. One JUCO for immedate mid-year availability and two other high school kids for depth/future. The two remaining QB's on roster aren't that good it seems. I mean come on their two best QB's were no longer there.

Would like to know the story on that!

Hammersmith
02-19-2014, 02:50 AM

???

Are you saying you didn't know that two QBs left the Wyo program, or that you knew they left the program but think there's more to the story than what's been released?

56BISON73
02-19-2014, 02:51 AM
???

Are you saying you didn't know that two QBs left the Wyo program, or that you knew they left the program but think there's more to the story than what's been released?

I knew they left. Just wondering why.

CAS4127
02-19-2014, 02:52 AM

One declared for draft and the other transferred to Utah or some similar school. Can you read?! :) #coachvigenlove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
02-19-2014, 02:57 AM
One declared for draft and the other transferred to Utah or some similar school. Can you read?! :) #coachvigenlove

End result I know. Jusy wondering what the whys were. Two QBs leaving town after a new coach is named is strange IMO.

bri-dog
02-19-2014, 02:59 AM
The one that transferred followed his old head coach, who is now the offensive coordinator at Utah...

CAS4127
02-19-2014, 03:03 AM
The one that transferred followed his old head coach, who is now the offensive coordinator at Utah...

And the one that declared did so the Monday after the weekend that Bohl and Vigen went out to visit him. #jussayin

Bisonator98
02-19-2014, 03:06 AM
And the one that declared did so the Monday after the weekend that Bohl and Vigen went out to visit him. #jussayin

Not to mention he was a spread QB that didn't want to spend his Senior year learning a new system. Just say in...

CAS4127
02-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Not to mention he was a spread QB that didn't want to spend his Senior year learning a new system. Just say in...

Not to mention that, had he, his draft # may have improved because of experience--but I'm sure that was mentioned during meet and greet! /purple at last half of that. Go Bison!

Bisonator98
02-19-2014, 03:12 AM
Not to mention that, had he, his draft # may have improved because of experience--but I'm sure that was mentioned during meet and greet! /purple at last half of that. Go Bison!

Or not because his numbers would have dropped.

StL Bison Fan
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Or he wanted to shop at Target instead of just KMart.

EndZoneQB
02-19-2014, 05:33 PM

Or, you know, Bohl told him to not let the door hit his backside on the way out? But, no way that is possible with a man of integrity like Bohl, right Bisonville?

CAS4127
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM

Yes, they likely would have dropped, but for perfectly explainable and understandable reason that NFL scouts would get-->West Coast offense. So, had he stayed, he would have the additional resume builder of playing and understanding both the spread and west coast offense. Just my thoughts . . .

Hail bison
02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Or, you know, Bohl told him to not let the door hit his backside on the way out? But, no way that is possible with a man of integrity like Bohl, right Bisonville?

Please explain

Bisonator98
02-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes, they likely would have dropped, but for perfectly explainable and understandable reason that NFL scouts would get-->West Coast offense. So, had he stayed, he would have the additional resume builder of playing and understanding both the spread and west coast offense. Just my thoughts . . .

Agreed. Could have went either way. Probably wanted a check more then another year in WYO!

Bisonfreak
02-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Craig Bohl, one of the best coaches I know. One of the worst people I know. There is no such thing as integrity in him, just arrogance and attitude!

td577
02-22-2014, 01:16 AM

I was thinking staying would do nothing but increase his stock. He would show he is smart and versatile enough to learn a new offense. Also, that new offense would be more similar to what most of the NFL is utilizing to some degree, so he would be more attractive to more teams. Unless he really feels he can't look good in that offense and would rather collect a paycheck before anyone figures out the limitations. He would have more than made up for any loss in salary for one year with a megadeal next year. Other than breaking some team records, he can't say he has done everything he can do as a college player.

CAS4127
02-22-2014, 01:18 AM
I was thinking staying would do nothing but increase his stock. He would show he is smart and versatile enough to learn a new offense. Also, that new offense would be more similar to what most of the NFL is utilizing to some degree, so he would be more attractive to more teams. Unless he really feels he can't look good in that offense and would rather collect a paycheck before anyone figures out the limitations. He would have more than made up for any loss in salary for one year with a megadeal next year. Other than breaking some team records, he can't say he has done everything he can do as a college player.

This/that was my point, but what do I know?! I'm going to another BB game tomorrow afterall!

td577
02-22-2014, 01:21 AM
This/that was my point, but what do I know?! I'm going to another BB game tomorrow afterall!

Right. I was agreeing with you. Another year would be nothing but good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

CAS4127
02-22-2014, 01:22 AM
Right. I was agreeing with you. Another year would be nothing but good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Great minds think alike. Got anything else?!?😜

BisonNeil
02-22-2014, 04:27 PM
A pretty good article on SI.com about Bohl and his transition at WY. An interesting take on the winter conditioning program by a player. It always amazes me that conditioning programs at FBS programs are not what we are used to seeing at NDSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140220/craig-bohl-wyoming-cowboys/

A1pigskin
02-23-2014, 01:30 AM
A pretty good article on SI.com about Bohl and his transition at WY. An interesting take on the winter conditioning program by a player. It always amazes me that conditioning programs at FBS programs are not what we are used to seeing at NDSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140220/craig-bohl-wyoming-cowboys/

Half the team puked, very interesting conditioning was not at the top of the list with the prior coach.

79FCourt
02-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Pretty sure the prior coach checked out after CSU piss pounded them.

VirginiaBison
02-24-2014, 03:49 AM
"Wyoming seemingly made a great get by prying away North Dakota's Craig Bohl, and according to some coaches they were surprise that Wyoming were able to land Bohl. Most football people felt that if Bohl was going to make the jump to the FBS level it would be for a Midwest job in the Big 12 or Big Ten, so how did Wyoming athletic director Tom Burman land Bohl." Read more here:

How did Wyoming Land North Dakota State's Craig Bohl? (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/12/8/5189176/how-did-wyoming-land-craig-bohl)

SoCalBison
02-25-2014, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE=VirginiaBison;841054]"Wyoming seemingly made a great get by prying away North Dakota's Craig Bohl, and according to some coaches they were surprise that Wyoming were able to land Bohl. Most football people felt that if Bohl was going to make the jump to the FBS level it would be for a Midwest job in the Big 12 or Big Ten, so how did Wyoming athletic director Tom Burman land Bohl." Read more here:

Interesting piece...I know of all the reasons some have said Bohl went to Wyoming, but I'm still...yes, still...surprised that he didn't get an offer (or wait for an offer) from a Big 10 or Big 12 school.

gotts
02-25-2014, 02:37 AM
Interesting piece...I know of all the reasons some have said Bohl went to Wyoming, but I'm still...yes, still...surprised that he didn't get an offer (or wait for an offer) from a Big 10 or Big 12 school.

I think Bohl was too.