PDA

View Full Version : 2/6 iupui

NDSUstudent
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
The Bison are back at home on Thursday, hosting the Jaguars of IUPUI. Tip off is at 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on Midco and Fox College Sports.

Hope to see a fast start so we can get Braun some rest and some playing time for Dupree.

unbison
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Be there or be square
PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!

344Johnson
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Pump it up. F'real.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Big week...must sweep at home.

HandoEX
02-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Gonna have to miss this one, but I'll take the Bison by 20+.

Tatanka
02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Will be in Bismarck. Is this one on metv?

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

unbison
02-03-2014, 08:21 PM
That's 2 squares

NDSUstudent
02-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Will be in Bismarck. Is this one on metv?

Its on Midco and Fox College Sports.

Tatanka
02-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Its on Midco and Fox College Sports.

Even better. Who's up for BWW in Bismarck?!

westnodak93bison
02-04-2014, 03:37 AM
Even better. Who's up for BWW in Bismarck?!

Maybe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
02-04-2014, 05:10 AM
5 of last 7 are at home. great chance to finish the season on high note heading into Summit tourney play

bisonfan08
02-04-2014, 02:23 PM
I unfortunately have to miss this one, first home game this season I won't see. That being said I do have 4 tickets available for this game so message me if you'd like them. I'm taking the Bison big in this one 89-66.

heckler
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Bison should roll this team hopefully we can play our bench more.

gotts
02-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Slow start but things are turning around. Aaberg looking solid tonight.

heckler
02-07-2014, 12:49 AM
28 - 22 Bison lead at half.

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Bison not having much success on 3 pointers.

Need to keep forcing the IUPUI bigs into perimeter jumpers.

30-27 NDSU 16:45 to go

HoopsBison
02-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Love the way korey brown competes, kid gets it.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Aaberg = en fuego

bri-dog
02-07-2014, 01:28 AM
The last few minutes have sure been fun to watch!

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:29 AM
The last few minutes have sure been fun to watch!

The rims have absolutely been abused tonight.

HoopsBison
02-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Korey brown is a boss.

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:35 AM
0-10 from 3 pt range, but still shooting 50% from the floor. Only 4 TO's. IUPUI keeps hitting some threes to linger.

57-48 Bison 3:52 to go.

HoopsBison
02-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Marshall is just off tonight.

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Marshall is just off tonight.

Aaberg and Brown have been there to contribute offensively, good sign for this team.

On another note, the rim on the south hoop may need to be replaced.

HoopsBison
02-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Defense been very sloppy at the end, playing down to IUPUI, most of the game has felt like coasting aside from couple min stretches.

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Defense been very sloppy at the end, playing down to IUPUI, most of the game has felt like coasting aside from couple min stretches.

Too many open looks from 3 for IUPUI.

NDSU having trouble not only from 3, but from the FT line (8-15 so far).

64-60 Bison, less than 20 seconds left.

gotts
02-07-2014, 01:54 AM
66-60 Bison win.

Aaberg and Brown were bright spots offensively tonight. Team looked a half step slow at times on defense. Ugly win with plenty to improve upon.

In the end, a win is a win and a likely-dejected IPFW squad is coming to town Saturday.

heckler
02-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Got to win the ugly ones and we did.

steelbison
02-07-2014, 01:58 AM
UGLY!!!! That's all......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Side
02-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Liked how Bruan finished it off with a JAM! Saturday will be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSU1980
02-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Good win even if it's ugly. Gotta improve though

344Johnson
02-07-2014, 02:12 AM
Lol dunks....

NDSUstudent
02-07-2014, 02:16 AM
I bet the shot chart is interesting, I think half our points in the second half came on dunks. Not sure I've ever see a team shoot worse...free throws clanks and o-fer from three...first time since 1993 the Bison didn't make a three point shot. We did get the win but it was tough.

Tatanka
02-07-2014, 02:22 AM
Quite a display of the shall we say high percentage shots. That said, bison will need to bring their a game on Saturday because ipfw if they're worth a shit will be pissed of after getting seal clubbed in Brookings.

ndsubison1
02-07-2014, 02:48 AM
we have to defend the perimeter better. were 315th in the nation in 3 pt FG defense. opponents are shooting 37.9 from 3 against us. need to win on Saturday

unbison
02-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Korey brown was spectacular tonight..... aa berg was good.....The rest meh

Bisonator98
02-07-2014, 02:57 AM
They have to play better then this by tourney time. Huge game Saturday, just win baby!

HerdBot
02-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Were playing shitty right now. Hope we didn't peak too early.

gotts
02-07-2014, 03:22 AM
Were playing shitty right now. Hope we didn't peak too early.

Is your seat on the bandwagon getting a little cold?

HerdBot
02-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Is your seat on the bandwagon getting a little cold?

You can't deny between the 2nd half of the USD game, Denver, and this game we look like shit. If were playing like this come the Summit League tournament its going to be a quick exit

gotts
02-07-2014, 04:29 AM
You can't deny between the 2nd half of the USD game, Denver, and this game we look like shit. If were playing like this come the Summit League tournament its going to be a quick exit

Good thing it's not the SL tourney right now then.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2014, 04:36 AM
College hoops is a marathon, not a sprint. We are not playing well but we are grinding.

We need to play through this offensive funk.

HerdBot
02-07-2014, 04:39 AM
Good thing it's not the SL tourney right now then.

Or we would be one and done. Still time. We need some bench help but that's stating the obvious. Saul was on the radio saying he may consider pulling a redshirt

ndsubison1
02-07-2014, 05:10 AM
College hoops is a marathon, not a sprint. We are not playing well but we are grinding.

We need to play through this offensive funk.

true this is the time we need to be playing well tho so gabe has a point.

anyways, i think brown is our x-factor. if he can get us some solid production it will just be another offensive threat for us. it could push us over the top. just making the defense account for him can open things up. but at the same time if were not hitting from the outside then its a moot point

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Or we would be one and done. Still time. We need some bench help but that's stating the obvious. Saul was on the radio saying he may consider pulling a redshirt

Interesting. Wonder if he is being serious, and redshirted the wrong player. Would be huge mistake to burn a shirt now, imo.

Team just needs to keep working. All good teams go through a little funk that needs to be worked out. This veteran team knows the regular season is a formality anyways and it's all about the tournament.

ndsubison1
02-07-2014, 05:59 AM
i know its all about winning the conference tourney. but anything less than a 1 seed would be a big disappointment with this group. theres been so many ups and downs with this group. it's do or die time. looking forward to saturday

jacks1
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
true this is the time we need to be playing well tho so gabe has a point.

anyways, i think brown is our x-factor. if he can get us some solid production it will just be another offensive threat for us. it could push us over the top. just making the defense account for him can open things up. but at the same time if were not hitting from the outside then its a moot point

Yup...kinda like Bittle is the Jacks x-factor. If NDSU gets production from Brown and SDSU gets production from Bittle, it makes both teams extremely difficult to beat.

bisonfan08
02-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Based on the highlight video and what's been said here sounds like a missed a night of solid rim rattling action, glad we still got the W. 0-fer from the arc is not like this team and they won't shoot that poorly from 3 pt land again, if we get even 2 of those to fall it's a double digit victory. What is more concerning is our FT shooting seems to have taken a dive the last few games, need to get that corrected down the stretch. FT's win games, let's get this thing fired back up and get a big win on Saturday!

unbison
02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Interesting. Wonder if he is being serious, and redshirted the wrong player. Would be huge mistake to burn a shirt now, imo.

Team just needs to keep working. All good teams go through a little funk that needs to be worked out. This veteran team knows the regular season is a formality anyways and it's all about the tournament.
It would not matter to you if it was November you always want them to redshirt it gets old

tcbison
02-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I have often wondered because VandenBergh is completely unavailable this year if that would mean that A.J. Jacobson would need to play. I agree that pulling a redshirt at this time is not ideal but I would have to assume they believed that VandenBergh would be available at some point. Since that is not the case Saul might not have much of an option.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2014, 02:10 PM
It would not matter to you if it was November you always want them to redshirt it gets old

Yea that must be why I've said time and time again that Jacobson prolly shouldn't have redshirted.

Bisonator98
02-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Is there some reason Felt isn't playing or shooting much? I know he is never going to be a huge point scorer but he seems to be non-existent the last several games. Injured?

coloradobison
02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Is there some reason Felt isn't playing or shooting much? I know he is never going to be a huge point scorer but he seems to be non-existent the last several games. Injured?

Having been at the DU game and watching some of the game last night, it looks to me like his confidence is gone. I certainly could be wrong, but if he isn't injured, that is what it seems like to me.

coloradobison
02-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Yea that must be why I've said time and time again that Jacobson prolly shouldn't have redshirted.

If Jacobson is the one that Saul was alluding to, who's minutes is he going to chew into? Does he become the first non big (Aaberg, Kading) off the bench over Felt?

roadwarrior
02-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Taking AJ's redshirt off now would be a big mistake in my opinion. Would he help? Most likely. But with 6 games left?

coloradobison
02-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Taking AJ's redshirt off now would be a big mistake in my opinion. Would he help? Most likely. But with 6 games left?

I agree no doubt but making the NCAA tourney has to be the ultimate goal and this year might be the best chance at that for a couple years and that might be the thinking.

Maybe it was just something Saul said to try to get more out of a few guys. I hope he doesn't burn any redshirts with this few games left.

roadwarrior
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Dupree has played a grand total of 135 minutes this season so far in 15 games. That might be a waste of a redshirt year also.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Too late imo for Jacobsen. I think that would be a waste of that young man'a season.

I've always said if a guy is good enough to get minutes he shouldn't redshirt. But like what has been said, dupree isn't playing. At all.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Having been at the DU game and watching some of the game last night, it looks to me like his confidence is gone. I certainly could be wrong, but if he isn't injured, that is what it seems like to me.

I was at denver too. The guy works so hard to get open. I still cant believe they dont set screens for him. He's responsible for getting open himself.

coloradobison
02-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I was at denver too. The guy works so hard to get open. I still cant believe they dont set screens for him. He's responsible for getting open himself.

He played so little in Denver also, may be tough for him to get warm or into the game. Agreed also that they don't work to get him open specifically for shots.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Saul needs to set Felt up early in the game, get him a good look and if he makes it just might start a fire. That said Mike could drive or try to get a mid-range shot, right now both he and Tray have been hanging around the arc too much.

coloradobison
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM
If Jacobson is the one that Saul was alluding to, who's minutes is he going to chew into? Does he become the first non big (Aaberg, Kading) off the bench over Felt?

Based on this it sounds like it was Vandenburgh that coach was talking about.

http://740thefan.com/upload/2-7-14phillips.mp3

HerdBot
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm bent on pulling AJs redshirt. Long term its stupid. Short term missing out on the big dance is stupid. If he is the difference than I reluctantly say let's do it. Could he really make that much of a difference? Your trading your worst year for your best year. Kid will only play 1 year in the SHAC instead of 2. I hate that shit. Even in football. Pulling a redshirt on PGT and Ambrosious was a big time waste.

Bisonator98
02-07-2014, 07:18 PM
If this team plays like it's capable there is no reason to pull a RS. Get it together!

SDbison
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
If this team plays like it's capable there is no reason to pull a RS. Get it together!
Other than the Notre Dame game I have been waiting for this team to play like they are capable of........I am starting to think it's a case where expectations are higher than reality. If SDSU keeps on playing the way they have for the past several games they will beat NDSU at the Summit Tourney. Just watch, the Bison will likely struggle with IPFW on Saturday (and possibly lose). Compare that with how SDSU beat Denver in a close game, then stomped IPFW. Where is the fire on this Bison team? Lack of consistency out of the starters and most of the time the bench is nonexistent.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Other than the Notre Dame game I have been waiting for this team to play like they are capable of........I am starting to think it's a case where expectations are higher than reality. If SDSU keeps on playing the way they have for the past several games they will beat NDSU at the Summit Tourney. Just watch, the Bison will likely struggle with IPFW on Saturday (and possibly lose). Compare that with how SDSU beat Denver in a close game, then stomped IPFW. Where is the fire on this Bison team? Lack of consistency out of the starters and most of the time the bench is nonexistent.

Bison may be getting tired. Alot of minutes going around on them.

I certainly am not scared of SDSU. They played well their last game, had to play great to beat 2 ho hum team by 2 points, and lost 2 out of 3 leading up to that. I think what I'm concerned about is being burnt out during the tournament and just having that bad game against whomever.

There's nobody more talented than the Bison in the conference. That certainly doesn't mean they will win.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2014, 10:48 PM
It is probably a combination of minutes and travel. Thankfully our schedule has finally turned around and it favorable in regards to travel.

I'm not sure what can be done in regards to minutes. I'd say our rotation is pretty much set.

This team has played plenty of great basketball but we are in a funk now. Three crappy games in a row, need to bust out of it. The effort is there, the team is playing hard but there are some consistency issues that need to be worked out.

unbison
02-07-2014, 10:53 PM
It is probably a combination of minutes and travel. Thankfully our schedule has finally turned around and it favorable in regards to travel.

I'm not sure what can be done in regards to minutes. I'd say our rotation is pretty much set. Mi

This team has played plenty of great basketball but we are in a funk now. Three crappy games in a row, need to bust out of it. The effort is there, the team is playing hard but there are some consistency issues that need to be worked out.

Did you really feel the effort was there last night I came away saying where is the desire

NDSUstudent
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Did you really feel the effort was there last night I came away saying where is the desire

Well Kory was definitely playing with a ton of desire. I did think we came out really flat though.

HoopsBison
02-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Last night was tough, for a lot of the game it felt like we were coasting. Credit to IUPUI they slowed it down and made it a low possession game and capitalized on our mistakes.

Need a better effort on Sat, I certainly expect a good result.

ndsubison1
02-08-2014, 09:01 AM

the expectations are not too high. everybody knows what this team is capable of. if they miss the dance saul deserves the shit storm. we beat sdsu two weekends ago. were still the favorite and hopefully they get it done when it matters today. the bench concerns are real but a loss tmrw and i will be highly concerned again. lets see how they respond when it matters most. its time to get it done

ndsubison1
02-08-2014, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure what can be done in regards to minutes. I'd say our rotation is pretty much set.

yep. its almost mid feb. the rotation is pretty much set in stone

HerdBot
02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
the expectations are not too high. everybody knows what this team is capable of. if they miss the dance saul deserves the shit storm. we beat sdsu two weekends ago. were still the favorite and hopefully they get it done when it matters today. the bench concerns are real but a loss tmrw and i will be highly concerned again. lets see how they respond when it matters most. its time to get it done

Whenever this team is told they are so good they seem to flop.the next game

BYZEN
02-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Whenever this team is told they are so good they seem to flop.the next game

okay, I'll bite....this team is flat, they need motivation, they need to get their shots to fall, both from outside and from the line.
Think that will help gabe? Hide

unbison
02-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Here is a quote of your take on the team last year I saw you ask for a quote