PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Football Team Loaded with Bison

The Gopher Report
01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
http://go4report.com/gophers-football/2013-ncaa-all-minnesota-team/

More NDSU players than any other school. Congrats on the incredibly successful program that you guys have built!

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Interesting read.. Thanks!

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2014, 04:36 PM

More NDSU players than any other school. Congrats on the incredibly successful program that you guys have built!

But, we are not good enough to play B1G teams like the Gophers......

DakotaKid
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM

As far as the Gophers are concerned, I think we became too good. Those early-season non-conference games are expected to be easy wins that will help them become bowl-eligible. They now know they're not going to get that out of the Bison.

Mr. Burgundy
01-28-2014, 04:47 PM

I absolutely hate this comment. A gopher fan was nice enough to come on here and post a fantastic article. Like it or not, the Gophers are going to be better than NDSU. It might not have been last year, but they are in the Big Ten. They play in amazing venues each and every week. When we are at Indiana State, they are at Penn State, Nebraska, etc. Lets stop sounding like sour pusses. Get over the fact that we are in the smaller pond. Maybe someday things will shake up differently. We have many players that can play at U of M. Several. Just like Duluth probably has a few kids that could play at NDSU. The landscape isn't even lose. 85 vs 63 scholarships, massive TV contracts, massive stadium, massive alumni support, just because we kicked their ass 2 of 3 times and should have won all 3 doesn't mean they aren't at a SUPERIOR situation to recruit, etc. Sorry for venting, just get so tired of the short man syndrome. Coach Kill is doing a fantastic job rebuilding from rock bottom. They are doing a heck of job with this recruiting class. Congrats to him and his staff, and we are doing just fine ourselves, this can be mutually beneficial.

KyleK
01-28-2014, 04:50 PM
I absolutely hate this comment. A gopher fan was nice enough to come on here and post a fantastic article. Like it or not, the Gophers are going to be better than NDSU. It might not have been last year, but they are in the Big Ten. They play in amazing venues each and every week. When we are at Indiana State, they are at Penn State, Nebraska, etc. Lets stop sounding like sour pusses. Get over the fact that we are in the smaller pond. Maybe someday things will shake up differently. We have many players that can play at U of M. Several. Just like Duluth probably has a few kids that could play at NDSU. The landscape isn't even lose. 85 vs 63 scholarships, massive TV contracts, massive stadium, massive alumni support, just because we kicked their ass 2 of 3 times and should have won all 3 doesn't mean they aren't at a SUPERIOR situation to recruit, etc. Sorry for venting, just get so tired of the short man syndrome. Coach Kill is doing a fantastic job rebuilding from rock bottom. They are doing a heck of job with this recruiting class. Congrats to him and his staff, and we are doing just fine ourselves, this can be mutually beneficial.

:judges: :judges:

Bisonator98
01-28-2014, 04:54 PM

His point is we should be good enough to play UM in OOC games. But according to the B1G we are not....

DakotaKid
01-28-2014, 04:55 PM

Ron is right (of course). I realize now my response is basically sour grapes, as well. I agree U of M is in a superior situation. I love Coach Kill and think he has the program heading in the right direcition. I guess I just hate the superiority complex the Big 10 had adopted. Makes no sense why we can't play them every once in a while.

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2014, 04:55 PM

Great, I am glad you hated that comment. I must have done something right today.

NDSU is the superior program at this time. I agree, Kill is going a good job, but I will cede no ground to the U of M just because they are in the B1G. Until they beat NDSU on the field again, or the programs go in markedly different directions, I will continue to have "short man's syndrome."

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
His point is we should be good enough to play UM in OOC games. But according to the B1G we are not....

Bingo, we have someone who gets it.

TransAmBison
01-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Great, I am glad you hated that comment. I must have done something right today.

NDSU is the superior program at this time. I agree, Kill is going a good job, but I will cede no ground to the U of M just because they are in the B1G. Until they beat NDSU on the field again, or the programs go in markedly different directions, I will continue to have "short man's syndrome."
I agree with your statements, but maybe it wasn't the right thread to put it in after he posted the article for us...

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2014, 04:59 PM
I agree with your statements, but maybe it wasn't the right thread to put it in after he posted the article for us...

Well, I pissed off Burgandy, so some good came out of it.

tony
01-28-2014, 05:05 PM

Pretty easy to see how important Minnesota kids are too NDSU's football success.

Kermit
01-28-2014, 05:05 PM
...Like it or not, the Gophers are going to be better than NDSU. It might not have been last year, but they are in the Big Ten...Coach Kill is doing a fantastic job rebuilding from rock bottom. They are doing a heck of job with this recruiting class. Congrats to him and his staff, and we are doing just fine ourselves, this can be mutually beneficial.

I've long thought that a strong program at Minnesota could indirectly help NDSU.

First, they wouldn't have to recruit borderline FBS players. I think this is happening now. The caveat is that their walk-on program will also get stronger as we are also now seeing.

Second, a strong program at the U of M would help grow interest in college football throughout Minnesota and the region. This might also help improve the quality of regional high school football.

unbison
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
I've long thought that a strong program at Minnesota could indirectly help NDSU.

First, they wouldn't have to recruit borderline FBS players. I think this is happening now. The caveat is that their walk-on program will also get stronger as we are also now seeing.

Second, a strong program at the U of M would help grow interest in college football throughout Minnesota and the region. This might also help improve the quality of regional high school football.

I have also thought this for a long time................... the rest is just sour grapes whiney crap...............I will say this with all sincerity the best fans I met this year are bison fans the worst fans I met this year are bison fans

HerdBoy
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
A good number of the Bison from the Minneapolis area.

HerdBot
01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
What's odd is we seem to be focusing less on Minnesota the last few years. Not sure if its due to talent but its interesting. Wish we could have years like 2010 with vraa, Olson, Littlejohn, Turner, and Crockett

BlueBisonRock
01-28-2014, 05:35 PM
A hearty 'Thank you' to The Gopher Report for posting this link. It was a good read and provided a nonBison point of view regarding Minnesota players. As I looked through the report, I saw a few former Bison who were having success elsewhere and I saw an excellent core of Minnesota players.

I also shook my head, then agreed with Burgandy. SoCalled, Don't consider this a calling out as there are a number of others who immediately jump down a non BV poster's throat when they visit the board. Just a few days ago, Talon got a major ass reaming when he politely inquired about the Bison future. Frankly, I was embarrassed then and I was embarrassed with the response on this thread.

I know we (BV) can do better than this. Lets drop our feisty 'fight the world' crap. This only makes our fanbase look like a bunch of arrogant and ungrateful jerks. A lot of us like to take certain ex-posters to task for the same reason.

From my standpoint, I do want to see the Gophers have success and I believe Coach Kill can do the job. I also believe its time for our fanbase to step up and bring a level of maturity and respect to the table.

tcbison
01-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the link and welcome to Bisonville!

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2014, 06:20 PM

http://replygif.net/i/1437.gif

Look out now. Dont tread the line of being called a closet gopher fan by a selected few here because you actually know that the UM is superior to NDSU, and absolutely refuse to accept it.

BisonTeacher
01-28-2014, 06:28 PM
there are a number of others who immediately jump down a non BV poster's throat when they visit the board. Just a few days ago, Talon got a major ass reaming when he politely inquired about the Bison future. Frankly, I was embarrassed then and I was embarrassed with the response on this thread.

Sorry rock. Two very different situations. Its obvious this poster had good intentions. Talon and that other thread...not so much.

TransAmBison
01-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Sorry rock. Two very different situations. Its obvious this poster had good intentions. Talon and that other thread...not so much.Sorry...you are wrong. Talon is a good guy, but he isn't going to put up with crap. I haven't gone back to reread the whole thing, so you might have been caught in the crossfire, but he was attacked pretty much right from the beginning.

BisonTeacher
01-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry...you are wrong. Talon is a good guy, but he isn't going to put up with crap. I haven't gone back to reread the whole thing, so you might have been caught in the crossfire, but he was attacked pretty much right from the beginning.

I will pm you...not gonna start it again here.

The Gopher Report
01-28-2014, 07:28 PM
What's odd is we seem to be focusing less on Minnesota the last few years. Not sure if its due to talent but its interesting. Wish we could have years like 2010 with vraa, Olson, Littlejohn, Turner, and Crockett

Seems to be the case.

You guys are getting some excellent players in Hawkins, Ejiya, and Menard by the way. Do you guys have any idea what position Ejiya will play at NDSU? Maybe as a strong-side linebacker?

Herd12
01-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Seems to be the case.

You guys are getting some excellent players in Hawkins, Ejiya, and Menard by the way. Do you guys have any idea what position Ejiya will play at NDSU? Maybe as a strong-side linebacker?

Currently listing Ejiya at RB. LB would be his second position if the team feels like he isn't going to play RB.

HandoEX
01-28-2014, 08:15 PM
25 posts in and no mention of Hakeem Bourne-McFlarlane? Lol

RET/AP: Hakeem Bourne-McFlarlane – Bloomington Kennedy – Augsburg – SR

Offense: Caught 3 passes for 17 yards and 2 touchdowns

Defense: Recorded 48 tackles, 1.5 TFLs, 5 interceptions, and 12 passes defended

Returning: Returned 7 punts for 172 yards (24.6 ypr) and 1 touchdown; returned 12 kicks for 384 yards (32.0 ypr) and 2 touchdowns

Division III All-American First Team

WYOBISONMAN
01-28-2014, 08:27 PM

No reason to be a prick about it. I am glad the Gopher fan stopped by and let us in on that article. This behavior just make us all look stupid and petty.

westnodak93bison
01-28-2014, 08:27 PM
25 posts in and no mention of Hakeem Bourne-McFlarlane? Lol

Wow. Seems like 10yrs ago when he left fall camp

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tony
01-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow. Seems like 10yrs ago when he left fall camp

Good to see that he's turned it around. He got booted from Winona State's team too.

Herd
01-28-2014, 10:16 PM

The last time I checked, they actually play the games. They don't award the win to the team that plays in the B1gger league or has the most money. The game is played between the lines. Take away the crowd, the venues, the money . . . and just look at the product on the field. Most years from 2006-2013, NDSU has the better team on the field vs. MN . . . just a fact. That's all that really matters. Maybe MN will be the better team from 2014-2020, but we will never know. Having more does not mean your team on the field it superior, it just mean you have more money and a bigger stadium.

MN = Recruit # of Stars behind name, we are B1G attitude, collection of Individuals, culture of losing (this is changing with Kill)
NDSU = Recruiting & Player Development, Team, Winning, Team, Culture of Winning

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2014, 10:47 PM
The last time I checked, they actually play the games. They don't award the win to the team that plays in the B1gger league or has the most money. The game is played between the lines. Take away the crowd, the venues, the money . . . and just look at the product on the field. Most years from 2006-2013, NDSU has the better team on the field vs. MN . . . just a fact. That's all that really matters. Maybe MN will be the better team from 2014-2020, but we will never know. Having more does not mean your team on the field it superior, it just mean you have more money and a bigger stadium.

MN = Recruit # of Stars behind name, we are B1G attitude, collection of Individuals, culture of losing (this is changing with Kill)

thats a lot of words for trying to tapdance around how NDSU isn't in a better situation overall than Minnesota.

BTW, has any other NDSU team beat Minnesota in anything besides football between 2006-2013?

Wally
01-28-2014, 11:14 PM

Totally forgot about Willie Mobley from EP.....didn't even realize he was still playing.....after reading the article, he's had quite the journey since signing at Ohio St

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24009227/gophers-football-minnesotan-willie-mobley-travels-long-road

17>1
01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
thats a lot of words for trying to tapdance around how NDSU isn't in a better situation overall than Minnesota.

BTW, has any other NDSU team beat Minnesota in anything besides football between 2006-2013?

Baseball?

10char

JMB
01-28-2014, 11:25 PM

Every argument the Gophers use against playing NDSU, we use for not playing UND.

unbison
01-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Every argument the Gophers use against playing NDSU, we use for not playing UND.
and not wanting to play incarnate word…..it is somehow different though right?????

NDSUstudent
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM

WBB, softball and baseball I think has wins.

Bisonwinagn
01-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Bisonville sure has its share of Sherman's....I'm not going to name names, but there are plenty.

perthbison
01-29-2014, 02:10 AM
I will continue to have "short man's syndrome."This puts me in a bad spot socalled. I am even shorter than you are.

Wally
01-29-2014, 02:53 AM
Bisonville sure has its share of Sherman's....I'm not going to name names, but there are plenty.

http://youtu.be/QaTbErVDQ40

Herd12
01-29-2014, 01:20 PM
WBB, softball and baseball I think has wins.

All true. Wrestling and Men's basketball are basically the only revenue producing sports that have not beaten Minnesota in the last decade.

MankatoBison
01-29-2014, 05:13 PM

Here Here!! I agree with both sides in alot of ways... but mainly this one haha

X-Factor
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Sorry...you are wrong. Talon is a good guy, but he isn't going to put up with crap. I haven't gone back to reread the whole thing, so you might have been caught in the crossfire, but he was attacked pretty much right from the beginning.

I agree. Shameful amount of disrespect in that thread for a guest on Bisonville.

heckler
01-30-2014, 11:15 AM
A hearty 'Thank you' to The Gopher Report for posting this link. It was a good read and provided a nonBison point of view regarding Minnesota players. As I looked through the report, I saw a few former Bison who were having success elsewhere and I saw an excellent core of Minnesota players.

I also shook my head, then agreed with Burgandy. SoCalled, Don't consider this a calling out as there are a number of others who immediately jump down a non BV poster's throat when they visit the board. Just a few days ago, Talon got a major ass reaming when he politely inquired about the Bison future. Frankly, I was embarrassed then and I was embarrassed with the response on this thread.

I know we (BV) can do better than this. Lets drop our feisty 'fight the world' crap. This only makes our fanbase look like a bunch of arrogant and ungrateful jerks. A lot of us like to take certain ex-posters to task for the same reason.

From my standpoint, I do want to see the Gophers have success and I believe Coach Kill can do the job. I also believe its time for our fanbase to step up and bring a level of maturity and respect to the table.

I agree with all of this. No wonder every fan base hates us.

SamsRams
01-30-2014, 11:24 AM
. Just a few days ago, Talon got a major ass reaming when he politely inquired about the Bison future. Frankly, I was embarrassed then and I was embarrassed with the response on this thread.

. He came on to stir the pot and ask questions he new were stupid questions. I responded with two stupid questions and he told me to gfy. Pleading ignorance and lack of understanding on how a message board works is far from polite. I am embarrassed that you cant see through his crap. If i tried that same approach on their board i would get the same response.

TransAmBison
01-30-2014, 12:15 PM
. He came on to stir the pot and ask questions he new were stupid questions. I responded with two stupid questions and he told me to gfy. Pleading ignorance and lack of understanding on how a message board works is far from polite. I am embarrassed that you cant see through his crap. If i tried that same approach on their board i would get the same response.Sorry dude, he's a good guy and you jumped the gun.

heckler
01-30-2014, 01:28 PM

Like it or not we are in a lower division. I don't blame them for not wanting to play us. If I was them I'd be wanting higher profile games from the FBS. Why play a FCS team? Sorry but we are big time in the FCS and small time to everybody else. Hell, I don't want to play Incarante Word and they are in the same division as us.

BlueBisonRock
01-31-2014, 12:42 AM
. He came on to stir the pot and ask questions he new were stupid questions. I responded with two stupid questions and he told me to gfy. Pleading ignorance and lack of understanding on how a message board works is far from polite. I am embarrassed that you cant see through his crap. If i tried that same approach on their board i would get the same response.

John, I love your posts and the recruiting information you bring. Its easy to see that you work your ass off. Thank you.

I have also noted that you are sensitive to certain approaches. I doubt that you are nearly as sensitive in your job or when you have a discussion with a recruit. All I am suggesting is that you (and God knows a lot of others on the board) take a deep breath before engaging perceived slight.