PDA

View Full Version : Dom Izzo twitter about possible 12th game

tony
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
According to Dom, Maine has an open date it's looking to fill that matches NDSU's open date.

If you are a fan of a challenging game, the defending CAA champs would fit the bill. They generally play very tough, hard-hitting defense.

HandoEX
01-22-2014, 10:57 PM
According to Dom, Maine has an open date it's looking to fill that matches NDSU's open date.

If you are a fan of a challenging game, the defending CAA champs would fit the bill. They generally play very tough, hard-hitting defense.
A make-up game from 2001. This would be awesome! Go get 'em Gene!

HerdBot
01-22-2014, 10:58 PM

Considering we haven't lost a home non conference game since going D1 I would love to see a non conference schedule of Montana and Maine.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Make it happen

runtheoption
01-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Wow, this would be 1 of the toughest schedules for us in quite a long time! I'll let you guys debate if it is good or bad.

SamsRams
01-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Not gonna happen. But hear we go with Dom and his conference realignment and 12th game nonsense. snooze

not saying a 12th is impossible, but just dont see a trip that far in the mix (assuming they want a home and home)

TAILG8R
01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Considering we haven't lost a home non conference game since going D1 I would love to see a non conference schedule of Montana and Maine.

Even if we got this game it would most definitely be an away game as part of a home and home correct?

EndZoneQB
01-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Even if we got this game it would most definitely be an away game as part of a home and home correct?

Yep, no doubt. We have our 6 home games...save the extra home game for a leaner year.

Tatanka
01-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Bring 'em on. Hopefully an away game with a return game next year or down the road.

marenlee
01-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Lets do it! Maine ruined my chance to host a Maine vs NDSU party for the playoffs last season. A bud of mine is a Maine "fan." I dont get the chance to mingle with many FCS fans around here. :(

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Not gonna happen. But hear we go with Dom and his conference realignment and 12th game nonsense. snooze

not saying a 12th is impossible, but just dont see a trip that far in the mix (assuming they want a home and home)

A little birdie told me that Coach K has a totally different view on playing 12 games than Coach Bohl did.

Not saying Maine is going to happen but 12 is under serious consideration.

SamsRams
01-23-2014, 12:28 AM
A little birdie told me that Coach K has a totally different view on playing 12 games than Coach Bohl did.

Not saying Maine is going to happen but 12 is under serious consideration.

totally agree, my opinion is Maine is too far. Lots of great options closer to home. if they are going to play on the east coast, hope they pick a school closer to NYC or south of that so east coast bison fans can get a taste.

CAS4127
01-23-2014, 01:03 AM
totally agree, my opinion is Maine is too far. Lots of great options closer to home. if they are going to play on the east coast, hope they pick a school closer to NYC or south of that so east coast bison fans can get a taste.

My understanding is that Maine is looking for a game and whether home or away is not a biggie for them. Could be wrong tho ... I'll try to check on things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamsRams
01-23-2014, 01:05 AM
My understanding is that Maine is looking for a game and whether home or away is not a biggie for them. Could be wrong tho ... I'll try to check on things.

Yeah if they want a paycheck and not a return trip, do it....LOVE IT. Same goes for any FCS school, even the idiots up north. Its the return trip that makes things tricky

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 01:20 AM
We have very few options out there. Especially with programs who have post-season dreams. Last year Gene apparently threw some offers out there that were incredibly generous. No takers.

Like I posted in the IW thread, this could set us up with a future quality home game since we already have 6 scheduled.

The only way scheduling gets easier is if we drop off significantly and I don't see that happening.

CAS4127
01-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Well, well, here is where I read it-->same source as OP's:
Dom Izzo (@DomIzzoWDAY)
1/22/14, 4:19 PM
Possible landing spot for #NDSU on 9/6? RT@FCS_Gameday Maine announces its looking to fill an open date on Sept 6, 2014 Open to Home or Away

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

tjbison
01-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Yeah if they want a paycheck and not a return trip, do it....LOVE IT. Same goes for any FCS school, even the idiots up north. Its the return trip that makes things tricky

I'll bet we see those idiots up north sooner than later, which I'm fine with. I for one wish last years team would have played them and gave the epic beatdown they would have cried about for years

Bison 4 Life
01-23-2014, 01:22 AM
We have very few options out there. Especially with programs who have post-season dreams. Last year Gene apparently threw some offers out there that were incredibly generous. No takers.

Like I posted in the IW thread, this could set us up with a future quality home game since we already have 6 scheduled.

The only way scheduling gets easier is if we drop off significantly and I don't see that happening.

This.

There's a reason that EWU/UNI H/H was a huge story. Elite teams tend to shy away from one another OOC.

A1pigskin
01-23-2014, 01:24 AM
You would think there is something closer.

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 01:46 AM
You would think there is something closer.

Geography is not our friend.

CAS4127
01-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Well, well, here is where I read it-->same source as OP's:
Dom Izzo (@DomIzzoWDAY)
1/22/14, 4:19 PM
Possible landing spot for #NDSU on 9/6? RT@FCS_Gameday Maine announces its looking to fill an open date on Sept 6, 2014 Open to Home or Away

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

Did you peeps miss the ending of this?

BisonNeil
01-23-2014, 01:50 AM
Lots of great options closer to home.

Such as?????????????

tjbison
01-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Did you peeps miss the ending of this?

nope but my uneducated guess is they would rather play a cupcake over us.....but I could be totally wrong

I might add I wouldn't mind a trip to the NE in Sept

NDSUstudent
01-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Wouldn't mind a game with a Big Sky school.

Not sure how big of a deal distance is, no matter what we'll be flying charter. Obviously though it would be nice to get a game that more fans and alumni can get to...Maine isn't ideal from that standpoint.

PlainsBison
01-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Probably too early to go to the northeast and see the leaves turning, either before or after the football game. Could be a great trip and a chance to visit a part of the country that many of us haven't been to.

It would be a bonus, that whatever non-conf away game we have, if the other team has good tailgating. That's what made it fun to go to KState. It's not as much fun playing another school where the fans aren't into the entire game day.

SoCalBison
01-23-2014, 02:06 AM
As an NDSU grad and former UMaine employee, I'd love to see this game...heck, if it's in Orono, I might even make the road trip!

westnodak93bison
01-23-2014, 03:16 AM
I'm OK with home and home with Maine. I like playing east coast teams. Only way to beat the east coast bias is to kick their ass repeatedly. That is the only way they get it. I'd make the trip to Maine. Fly into Boston, do some sight seeing. I could live with that.
Northern Arizona and the Grand Canyon would be cool as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
01-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Wow, this would be 1 of the toughest schedules for us in quite a long time! I'll let you guys debate if it is good or bad.

lol. im only for it if the first one is a home game then we play there in 2015 since we dont have an FBS scheduled for that year. @ISU, Montana and Maine would be a daunting task after losing the senior class we had. Not to mention the MVC slate isnt very ideal this season. just hope ppl dont bitch too much if we go 1-2 in those 3 games (thats if it happens of course)

SamsRams
01-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Geography is not our friend.

same could be said for Orono Maine. have a friend from that state and I asked her about Orono back when NDSU was in their bracket. she cringed and said "that is the middle of nowhere and I have never been there" again she is from Maine

JustinTyem
01-23-2014, 07:58 AM
A make-up game from 2001. This would be awesome! Go get 'em Gene!I totally agree,if Gene doesn't try and get them here this year,and there Next year,I think Gene has dropped the soap.

BYZEN
01-23-2014, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;830363] Maine announces its looking to fill an open date on Sept 6, 2014 Open to Home or Away. QUOTE]

I caught it. Just have them come here for a seventh home game. That would be great with me. More Tailgating!

TransAmBison
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
I think I would rather have an away game with a good FCS team that has them come here a following year...with a MASSIVE buy out clause.

BYZEN
01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
I would prefer an Away then Home. As would Gene...(per presser last week). But if a team like Maine is only interested in a game this year I say make them travel here.
(Okay, I'm being kinda selfish here...i may be busy with harvest and not have the time to travel that far.)

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I would prefer an Away then Home. As would Gene...(per presser last week). But if a team like Maine is only interested in a game this year I say make them travel here.
(Okay, I'm being kinda selfish here...i may be busy with harvest and not have the time to travel that far.)

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....

First of all, if Maine really is willing to do a single game deal and will come to Fargo for a reasonable guaranty. That is a no-brainer.

However, if they want a home and home, Gene would be better served to agree to go there first this year to lock up a future home game (I'm assuming he would insist on a buyout large enough to ensure their performance on the back end).

A home and home starting this year with a game in Fargo leaves us with TWO future away games (remember that we will owe Montana). I don't think that is a real great idea.

I find it interesting that somebody mentioned NAU. I don't think it is a huge secret that Gene offered them a sweet deal last season when we were desperate to get an 11th game and they "chickened out". The deal was a game in Flagstaff, no return, and we didn't want a check (maybe travel costs?). Other than getting beat at home, that was a fantastic offer that isn't made very often at this level. It should shed some light on the difficulty Gene faces in getting these OOC games scheduled.

Bisonator98
01-23-2014, 01:35 PM
How high would a buyout clause have to be to insure a return game of a H/H? $250,000? $300,000??

Tatanka
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
How high would a buyout clause have to be to insure a return game of a H/H? $250,000? $300,000??

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072.png

Multiply that by eleventy for a Big Fluffy team.

BisonTeacher
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
performance on the back end

We just lost Izzy.

southcliffbison
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
First of all, if Maine really is willing to do a single game deal and will come to Fargo for a reasonable guaranty. That is a no-brainer.

Not only that, but also it would/should prove to any casual fan how chicken shit the Pig Sty Conference really is, other than the Montana Grizzles of course.

However, if they want a home and home, Gene would be better served to agree to go there first this year to lock up a future home game (I'm assuming he would insist on a buyout large enough to ensure their performance on the back end).

A home and home starting this year with a game in Fargo leaves us with TWO future away games (remember that we will owe Montana). I don't think that is a real great idea.

I find it interesting that somebody mentioned NAU. I don't think it is a huge secret that Gene offered them a sweet deal last season when we were desperate to get an 11th game and they "chickened out". The deal was a game in Flagstaff, no return, and we didn't want a check (maybe travel costs?). Other than getting beat at home, that was a fantastic offer that isn't made very often at this level. It should shed some light on the difficulty Gene faces in getting these OOC games scheduled.

Wow ! I did not know that. GT really bent over backwards on the NAU deal. This would/should prove to even the causal fan how chicken shit the Pig Sty Conference really is........other than the Montana Grizzlies of course.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Wow ! I did not know that. GT really bent over backwards on the NAU deal. This would/should prove to even the causal fan how chicken shit the Pig Sty Conference really is........other than the Montana Grizzles of course.

The Griz backed out once

Professor Chaos
01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
If it does end up being a H&H with Maine I don't think we'll need to worry too much about them buying out. I'm sure Taylor will make sure the buyout is significant but Maine is not Montana St (or Montana) when it comes to doling out cash to buy out games. Last year they averaged a shade over 6000 fans per game with a top 5 team a good portion of the year so they don't have the revenue stream to begin with. On top of that they haven't hard more than one regular season OOC home game in a long time, maybe ever. They've had H&H deals with the likes of Bryant, Albany, and Monmouth over the last 5 years so I think it's safe to say they'll honor the back end of the deal if one is made.

southcliffbison
01-23-2014, 02:52 PM
The Griz backed out once

That is true; however, they do have a different coach and different Athletic Director now........ the mindset is different now; at least I hope it is.

tcbison
01-23-2014, 02:52 PM
The Griz backed out once

The Griz have never backed out on NDSU but they really screwed over SDSU when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and then Montana bought out their contract before coming to SDSU. Pretty sure they did that with another school as well.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM
The Griz have never backed out on NDSU but they really screwed over SDSU when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and then Montana bought out their contract before coming to SDSU. Pretty sure they did that with another school as well.

Didn't we have a home and home when we played out there in 2003?

aces1180
01-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Didn't we have a home and home when we played out there in 2003?

No...That was a one-time deal.

southcliffbison
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Also, the crap dumped on MSU by Grizzlie fans on the bobcat board amounted to epic proportions..........Alphagriz1 made mention of the shitstorm that would occur if the Griz backed out this fall.

DjKyRo
01-23-2014, 04:21 PM
lol. im only for it if the first one is a home game then we play there in 2015 since we dont have an FBS scheduled for that year. @ISU, Montana and Maine would be a daunting task after losing the senior class we had. Not to mention the MVC slate isnt very ideal this season. just hope ppl dont bitch too much if we go 1-2 in those 3 games (thats if it happens of course)

Lol. Bisonville will complain to the point of being asinine that our schedule isn't a gauntlet of horror by god forbid we actually lose one of those tough games. Those same people would be the first to question what the f#%^ Gene was thinking scheduling team X when teams Y and Z were already scheduled.

Sent from my microwave.

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Wow ! I did not know that. GT really bent over backwards on the NAU deal. This would/should prove to even the causal fan how chicken shit the Pig Sty Conference really is........other than the Montana Grizzlies of course.

We were desperate as heck to get an 11th game and I believe it was a 12th game for them. The only slack I can cut them is that anybody in FCS could see how stacked the 2013 Bison were. NAU had their sights set on a playoff selection and possibly a seed. If I was their coach, I wouldn't get real excited about getting bitch slapped at home by NDSU either. I could see the AD with dollar signs in his eyes thinking of the ticket sales to be had. I'm not sure if they ever got real serious about making a deal or what they might have to fork out for travel costs if that was part of what we were offering.

Right now, Gene is caught in a position where every quality program in FCS doesn't really want to tangle with the Bison (regardless of where the game is played) and the programs like Incarnate Word want upwards of $200,000 to come to Fargo. Not exactly an easy position to be in.

SDbison
01-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Lol. Bisonville will complain to the point of being asinine that our schedule isn't a gauntlet of horror by god forbid we actually lose one of those tough games. Those same people would be the first to question what the f#%^ Gene was thinking scheduling team X when teams Y and Z were already scheduled.

Sent from my microwave. So if a poster disagrees with the group think at bisonville then they are labeled as complainers and will switch sides just to argue the opposite? Where do you get this shit? I honestly believe the bison should always schedule as tough as they can. And I only disagree with doing two FBS games more than now and then because the FBS team always gets a home game. To be the best play the best. If a team loses more than 3 games they shouldn't be in the playoffs. When NDSU is tested and comes through they will make a run in the playoffs. Just making the playoffs in a 24 team field and only plying one or two games sucks.

Answer Guy
01-23-2014, 05:56 PM
GT really bent over backwards

Entzion used to do that regularly.

bisonmike2
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Entzion used to do that regularly.

You miss those long picnics you guys used to take together, don't you?:biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
01-23-2014, 06:15 PM
So if a poster disagrees with the group think at bisonville then they are labeled as complainers and will switch sides just to argue the opposite? Where do you get this shit? I honestly believe the bison should always schedule as tough as they can. And I only disagree with doing two FBS games more than now and then because the FBS team always gets a home game. To be the best play the best. If a team loses more than 3 games they shouldn't be in the playoffs. When NDSU is tested and comes through they will make a run in the playoffs. Just making the playoffs in a 24 team field and only plying one or two games sucks.

haha, exactly! love how someone here knows how you'll view a thought, just because you have different opinions than the majority.

ZHerd
01-23-2014, 06:23 PM
So if a poster disagrees with the group think at bisonville then they are labeled as complainers and will switch sides just to argue the opposite? Where do you get this shit? I honestly believe the bison should always schedule as tough as they can. And I only disagree with doing two FBS games more than now and then because the FBS team always gets a home game. To be the best play the best. If a team loses more than 3 games they shouldn't be in the playoffs. When NDSU is tested and comes through they will make a run in the playoffs. Just making the playoffs in a 24 team field and only plying one or two games sucks.

There is no group think on this issue. A bunch of people complain about scheduling cupcakes, and others complain about too difficult of a schedule. It's a no win situation for Gene.

NorthernBison
01-23-2014, 06:36 PM
There is no group think on this issue. A bunch of people complain about scheduling cupcakes, and others complain about too difficult of a schedule. It's a no win situation for Gene.

Exactly.

What's even better is both groups DEMAND 6 home games PLUS an FBS game annually.

Reality check: NOT POSSIBLE....unless you live in a dream world.

For the record, I'm more in the SDbison camp on scheduling.

56BISON73
01-23-2014, 06:40 PM

So you would be ok with the Bison missing the playoffs if they played the #2-3 and 4 team in the nation? You would sit home and not bitch about it?

heckler
01-23-2014, 06:50 PM
So you would be ok with the Bison missing the playoffs if they played the #2-3 and 4 team in the nation? You would sit home and not bitch about it?I think SD would bitch about the real reason: losing. Bring on the competition. Most of you made fun of the Griz scheduling two cupcakes year in and year out. Different tune I guess.

NDSU1980
01-23-2014, 06:52 PM
So you would be ok with the Bison missing the playoffs if they played the #2-3 and 4 team in the nation? You would sit home and not bitch about it?

^^^Post of the day right here^^^^ It just amazes me how people can think we should be playing the absolute toughest teams in the country week after week without a break and our guys aren't supposed to get banged up. I've said it before, I'm happy to be playing Incarnate Word, and I don't think we should play a 12th game, but if we do, it should be another cupcake. We need to be in good shape heading into the playoffs and that won't happen if we're the Walking Wounded.

56BISON73
01-23-2014, 06:58 PM
I think SD would bitch about the real reason: losing. Bring on the competition.

If there was no playoffs I would agree. Bring it on---BUT--- Scheduling is now strategically important to make a run for the playoffs. Look what happened to UNI a few years back. Not pretty. Getting your ass kicked through the season just to claim moral victory doesnt play well with anyone. Not the fans or the recruits.

heckler
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
If there was no playoffs I would agree. Bring it on---BUT--- Scheduling is now strategically important to make a run for the playoffs. Look what happened to UNI a few years back. Not pretty. Getting your ass kicked through the season just to claim moral victory doesnt play well with anyone. Not the fans or the recruits.If we can't get into a watered down playoff of 24 than we have bigger problems than scheduling hard opponents. I guess everyone else should credit the Griz because this is their MO.

56BISON73
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
If we can't get into a watered down playoff of 24 than we have bigger problems than scheduling hard opponents. I guess everyone else should credit the Griz because this is their MO.

Yes everyone made fun of them but now we are in the same boat.

heckler
01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes everyone made fun of them but now we are in the same boat.Funny how that works.

Bisonator98
01-23-2014, 07:05 PM
I like the way GT has been scheduling and it seems to be working well for us. An FBS game, a quality FCS and a weaker team OOC. I do think he is going to have to try to get more H/H deals in order to get the quality FCS games like UM this year. Just needs to figure out those buyout clauses so the MSU situation never happens again. Either make it ramp up the closer to the season or make it equivalent to an FBS payout.

ZHerd
01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
If we can't get into a watered down playoff of 24 than we have bigger problems than scheduling hard opponents. I guess everyone else should credit the Griz because this is their MO.

You can be a solid FCS team and still miss playoffs...come in 3rd in the MVC and you are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

JMB
01-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Or another consideration, you might make the playoffs, but be on the road...

TransAmBison
01-23-2014, 07:31 PM
I wonder if the off-season crabbiness is due to the crappy weather, or the crappy weather is due to the off-season crabbiness?

56BISON73
01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Or another consideration, you might make the playoffs, but be on the road...

Whats the fans have to determine is---what is BEST for the TEAM and NDSU in this scenario. The fans need to check their ego at the door. They aint playing the game.

A few years back I was of the same mind set because I love competition. But now playoff scenarios for the team have now over ruled my initial thoughts. GT is trying to find a balance with having a FBS game and competitive OOC games who will come to Fargo before we go in to the meat grinder conference schedule.

tjamz
01-23-2014, 07:56 PM
I wonder if the off-season crabbiness is due to the crappy weather, or the crappy weather is due to the off-season crabbiness?

Of course it is!

Bisonator98
01-23-2014, 08:11 PM

F... OFF!

:biggrin:

TransAmBison
01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
F... OFF!

:biggrin:How D-II of you! :)

THEsocalledfan
01-23-2014, 09:03 PM
How D-II of you! :)

Good grief; remember, all D-II comments are to be directed at Answer Guy, not Bison fans.

Da Bison
01-23-2014, 09:45 PM

Yes.................

17>1
01-23-2014, 09:56 PM

Crabbiness and thread drift seem to be recurring themes so far this offseason. What's going to happen after signing day? Could be really interesting....

Ndsu84
01-24-2014, 01:34 AM
The players need a break. 4 sudden death, high pressure games added on the end make for a hell of a season. We as fans shouldn't ask for more.

Besides, we're already the drunkest city, what will happen with another home game??

DjKyRo
01-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Besides, we're already the drunkest city, what will happen with another home game??

Same answer as why we keep playing football even though we already won three national championships: "Title defense."

SoCalBison
01-24-2014, 02:10 AM
same could be said for Orono Maine. have a friend from that state and I asked her about Orono back when NDSU was in their bracket. she cringed and said "that is the middle of nowhere and I have never been there" again she is from Maine

Obviously she must be from southern Maine. Any true Downeaster will tell you that "Maine" doesn't include the New Hampshire adjacent areas. Having lived in both Fargo and Bangor, I can tell you they're not all that different. Bangor, 10 miles south of Orono, is a little smaller, but offers a lot of natural beauty with the great Penobscot River, and the rugged Maine coast just 45 minutes away. September is a little early for fall leaf peeping but the weather is almost perfect at that time...and the tourists have all gone home. It would be a treat to see the Bison play there.

westnodak93bison
01-24-2014, 03:39 AM
I've always wanted to visit Maine and maybe Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island. Come on Gene give me an excuse!

NDSUKurt
01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Monmouth could be a possibility for a 12th game as well:

"Monmouth has the first of two open dates on September 6th, but Callahan has not ruled out the possibility of adding a 12th game there."

http://www.gomuhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=67823&SPID=7664&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209361567&DB_OEM_ID=14300

It would be a little ironic if NDSU played Monmouth this year - the reason that Montana State cancelled on us last year was because they (Montana State) got $300,000 from SMU to play them, which Montata State then used $200,000 to pay Monmouth for their guarantee game in Billings last year.

SamsRams
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Monmouth could be a possibility for a 12th game as well:

"Monmouth has the first of two open dates on September 6th, but Callahan has not ruled out the possibility of adding a 12th game there."

http://www.gomuhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=67823&SPID=7664&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209361567&DB_OEM_ID=14300

It would be a little ironic if NDSU played Monmouth this year - the reason that Montana State cancelled on us last year was because they (Montana State) got $300,000 from SMU to play them, which Montata State then used $200,000 to pay Monmouth for their guarantee game in Billings last year.
I think monmouth was already on schedule and instead it was a non counter

NDSUKurt
01-24-2014, 12:05 PM
I think monmouth was already on schedule and instead it was a non counter

Yeah, they were already on the schedule for Montana State before Montata State bought out.. I had read somewhere that Montana State needed to get the $200,000 for the contract, and that was where SMU came in (with the $300,000 guarantee). $1000,000 to NDSU for the buyout, $200,000 to Monmouth for the game, and then Montata State made money from their ticket sales, concessions, and parking.

stevdock
01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Yeah, they were already on the schedule for Montana State before Montata State bought out.. I had read somewhere that Montana State needed to get the $200,000 for the contract, and that was where SMU came in (with the $300,000 guarantee). $1000,000 to NDSU for the buyout, $200,000 to Monmouth for the game, and then Montata State made money from their ticket sales, concessions, and parking.

Wow if NDSU got that much for the buyout there shouldn't have been any complaining then ;)

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Good grief; remember, all beastiality comments are to be directed at Answer Guy, not Bison fans.

myp.....................