PDA

View Full Version : 1/25 @sdsu

NDSUstudent
01-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Rabbit week is here! The Bison travel to Frost on Saturday for a 4 p.m. tip-off. Game is on Midco and Fox College Sports.

Would be huge to kick off this three game road swing with a win at Frost. Should be a fun game to watch.

Tatanka
01-19-2014, 05:35 PM
In.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

HoopsBison
01-19-2014, 06:45 PM
I hope we beat em by 50.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

jacks1
01-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I hope we beat em by 50.

If we play like we did vs. Omaha, your wish will be fulfilled...

NDSUstudent
01-20-2014, 12:36 AM
It is only Sunday and I'm pumped up for this game.

HandoEX
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
If we play like we did vs. Omaha, your wish will be fulfilled...

What happened in that game? Shocking to see you guys lose at home like that to a team the Bison embarrassed.

imabison
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
What happened in that game? Shocking to see you guys lose at home like that to a team the Bison embarrassed.

I would wonder myself, if the rabbits got in foul trouble, or just were not prepared for the UNO push every time down the floor.
I noticed that Western Ill was a much better team than UNO for the 1st half I saw of the Western game.

Kermit
01-21-2014, 01:35 AM

Matchups? The Bison always dominate Omaha. We always struggle with WIU, but the bunnies have had their way with them.

jacks1
01-21-2014, 01:40 AM
Matchups? The Bison always dominate Omaha. We always struggle with WIU, but the bunnies have had their way with them.

Probably true to an extent....but the Jacks played like hot garbage against Omaha. The effort and energy level is what upset me most.

notThereallakesbison
01-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Pump it up!!!!!!

DjKyRo
01-21-2014, 05:07 AM
What did the father buffalo say to the younger buffalo?

"F**k the Jacks"

Sent from my microwave.

jacks1
01-21-2014, 01:58 PM
What did the father buffalo say to the younger buffalo?

"F**k the Jacks"

Sent from my microwave.

You stay up all night thinking of that one?

THEsocalledfan
01-21-2014, 02:40 PM
I need you guys to cheer hard without me; work meeting came up for Saturday, so TSCF and family will not be there like last year. Then, the dang USD game the next week has to be at 7, so I can't make that either since a school night..... URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kermit
01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I need you guys to cheer hard without me; work meeting came up for Saturday, so TSCF and family will not be there like last year. Then, the dang USD game the next week has to be at 7, so I can't make that either since a school night..... URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Travel hackers have work meetings? Who knew?

Tatanka
01-21-2014, 02:51 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

gotts
01-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Sounds like someone's life hacked them.

Tatanka
01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Sounds like someone's life hacked them.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/batman-and-robin-enjoying-music-batmobile.gif

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2014, 02:34 AM
HMD chants over and over will be said

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
01-22-2014, 09:13 AM
no idea how this will go but think we come out and win by 6-7 pts

unbison
01-22-2014, 12:00 PM
no idea how this will go but think we come out and win by 6-7 pts
Tray has almost always scored in bunches down there I'm predicting a career high for the young fella on saturday

Tatanka
01-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Tray has almost always scored in bunches down there I'm predicting a career high for the young fella on saturday

hope for a big game from him on Saturday...

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2014, 02:21 PM
hope for a big game from him on Saturday...

Hope?? Sir you will witness a big game.

dragonsfan
01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Must win for ndsu at SDSU ? 4-1 or 3-2 makes a big difference in standings and attitude

SDbison
01-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Excuses, excuses...........always something for a so called fan.........ha ha.

SDbison
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
As for me I will be watching this game at home with a bunny fan from Sioux Falls. No fun going to games in Brookings with bunches of delusional bunny basketball fans as they think their team is Gods gift to basketball. Also no confidence in this Bison team to justify the ticket and 50 mile drive to that shit hole in brookings. Will stay home and drink all the beer I want and hopefully give the bunny fan crap when they lose. If not I can kick the guy out of the house afterwards and realize this Bison basketball team is as inconsistent as feared.

Bison Dan
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
As for me I will be watching this game at home with a bunny fan from Sioux Falls. No fun going to games in Brookings with bunches of delusional bunny basketball fans as they think their team is Gods gift to basketball. Also no confidence in this Bison team to justify the ticket and 50 mile drive to that shit hole in brookings. Will stay home and drink all the beer I want and hopefully give the bunny fan crap when they lose. If not I can kick the guy out of the house afterwards and realize this Bison basketball team is as inconsistent as feared.Get a picture of our 3 NC trophies and show him that if we lose. That should shut him up.

SDbison
01-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Get a picture of our 3 NC trophies and show him that if we lose. That should shut him up. Oh, he knows all about Bison football. I worked with him for 12 years and of course he had fun when Bison choked a few times in football games against SDSU. He has also played pool in my Bison room!

80ALUM
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Hostile environment for sure but I believe the Bison will prevail!

wow
01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
As for me I will be watching this game at home with a bunny fan from Sioux Falls. No fun going to games in Brookings with bunches of delusional bunny basketball fans as they think their team is Gods gift to basketball. Also no confidence in this Bison team to justify the ticket and 50 mile drive to that shit hole in brookings. Will stay home and drink all the beer I want and hopefully give the bunny fan crap when they lose. If not I can kick the guy out of the house afterwards and realize this Bison basketball team is as inconsistent as feared.

If Frost is a shit hole, how would you describe the BSA? LOL

THEsocalledfan
01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

I have to admit, I was thinking the same thing as Wow, but figure he is talking about the town, not the facilities. I will say, Frost does have a big problem with sight lines on the visitor side of the building and can't figure out why they have cheap bleechers over there, so wow, it ain't like Frost is God's gift to basketball. The Sioux Falls arena, even though a shit hole, is better for watching Bball.

wow
01-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Get a picture of our 3 NC trophies and show him that if we lose. That should shut him up.

YEAH! A strong buttfootball argument will definitely shut him up! Unless he comes back at you with something equally unrelated...

In which case, the obvious next step is to talk about the oil fields!

Yes, hit him with buttfootball, then hit him with buttoil. If you are concerned he may leave before the buttoil can be applied, use it first. And remember to wait until after the Bison lose before using buttoil. Using buttoil prior to the Bison winning could be adding insult to injury.

wow
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
I have to admit, I was thinking the same thing as Wow, but figure he is talking about the town, not the facilities. I will say, Frost does have a big problem with sight lines on the visitor side of the building and can't figure out why they have cheap bleechers over there, so wow, it ain't like Frost is God's gift to basketball. The Sioux Falls arena, even though a shit hole, is better for watching Bball.

The firm that installed the bench side bleachers screwed up (I heard the design engineer was let go after that project). The sight lines were corrected over the summer, although I haven't been back for a bball game this year. I assume the sight lines on the ends are still bad when the student section is standing though. As to the old wooden bleachers, they will be on the top of the priority list once our $100 million worth of football upgrades are complete in two years. They are just as dangerous if not more-so than the football bleachers.

I'm definitely not saying Frost is GREAT. Just found it odd that a Bison fan would put down our basketball facilities. Pretty classic pot/kettle argument, IMO.

HoopsBison
01-22-2014, 06:46 PM
YEAH! A strong buttfootball argument will definitely shut him up! Unless he comes back at you with something equally unrelated...

In which case, the obvious next step is to talk about the oil fields!

Yes, hit him with buttfootball, then hit him with buttoil. If you are concerned he may leave before the buttoil can be applied, use it first. And remember to wait until after the Bison lose before using buttoil. Using buttoil prior to the Bison winning could be adding insult to injury.

Or we could lose to Omaha at home...wait nvm.

Hope their is Bucks game on Saturday for all you bunny fans, because you will be leaving frost disappointed.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2014, 06:49 PM

Well there is a reason why in just a few months the BSA will be completely gutted.

THEsocalledfan
01-22-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm definitely not saying Frost is GREAT. Just found it odd that a Bison fan would put down our basketball facilities. Pretty classic pot/kettle argument, IMO.

Fair enough. Looks like we agree. The BSA IS a shithole, Frost is better, but has its own issues.

SDbison
01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
If Frost is a shit hole, how would you describe the BSA? LOL Actually I was referring to all of Brookings, SDSU included. I am confident this will stir you up even more!

Tatanka
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Fair enough. Looks like we agree. The BSA IS a shithole, Frost is better, but has its own issues.

This. It starts with the team playing there. :D

ndsubison1
01-22-2014, 10:18 PM
still no game thread at sdsu fans about this game. was looking forward to reading some posts there about it. thought sdsu bball was Gods gift?

HandoEX
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
still no game thread at sdsu fans about this game. was looking forward to reading some posts there about it. thought sdsu bball was Gods gift?

We aren't the only fans that know that SDSU basketball sucks.

No SDSU fans, men's basketball :facepalm:

HoopsBison
01-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Should be a tough game, jacks are tough at frost, but we are the better team.

Just glad Chad White graduated last year and we don't have to worry about him.

SanDakotaState
01-23-2014, 04:59 AM

Chad White is a senior this year....Only Tony Feigen and Nate Wolters graduated from last years team. Really looking forward to the Larson/Bjorklund matchup! Best bigs in the league IMO. Look for the Jacks to come out strong this game because of their poor performance against UNO.

Elephants Dream?
01-23-2014, 05:05 AM

I'm guessing many of you haven't been to some of the other gyms in the Summit?
The BSA/Frost are fairly similar, except Frost has been improved along the way, while the BSA hasn't. You need to check out some of the other gyms, and you probably wouldn't call the BSA a shithole. There are worse out there.

ndsubison1
01-23-2014, 05:21 AM

hes been mostly a non-factor vs us

HoopsBison
01-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Chad White is a senior this year....Only Tony Feigen and Nate Wolters graduated from last years team. Really looking forward to the Larson/Bjorklund matchup! Best bigs in the league IMO. Look for the Jacks to come out strong this game because of their poor performance against UNO.

Yup, was trying to be funny since chad has really struggled. Hope he stays cold.

NDSUstudent
01-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Really need a solid game from Felt. I think this is the kind of game where he needs to play more, get that extra shooter out there and make it more difficult to double Marshall.

ndsubison1
01-23-2014, 10:23 PM
bjorklund vs larson should be interesting. jack fans are saying he likes to run the court and will prolly try to utilize that

SanDakotaState
01-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Yup, was trying to be funny since chad has really struggled. Hope he stays cold.

I should have known that. That one went right over my head. Chad White has been a no show pretty much all season. Time for a break out game from him!

EndZoneQB
01-24-2014, 05:08 AM
hes been mostly a non-factor vs us

Feigen murdered us, however. haha

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm guessing many of you haven't been to some of the other gyms in the Summit?
The BSA/Frost are fairly similar, except Frost has been improved along the way, while the BSA hasn't. You need to check out some of the other gyms, and you probably wouldn't call the BSA a shithole. There are worse out there.

So the average Summit gym is what NDSU and SDSU should aspire to? Sorry, my tastes are slightly more refined than yours. The BSA is a shithole.

Tatanka
01-24-2014, 02:51 PM
So the average Summit gym is what NDSU and SDSU should aspire to? Sorry, my tastes are slightly more refined than yours. The BSA is a shithole.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120320232553/glee/images/thumb/9/90/Neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png/1280px-Neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png

Kermit
01-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Sorry, my tastes are slightly more refined than yours. The BSA is a shithole.

Speaking of your refined tastes, please share some more info on bathing in airport sinks. IALTO.

http://savagehenrymagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/pinky.jpg

I do agree about the BSA. ;)

Elephants Dream?
01-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Should we aspire to that level? Absolutely Not!
I'm saying that there are a number of 'lower quality' gyms in the Summit/elsewhere.
I believe people in Fargo THINK/Believe the BSA is in the lower realm of gyms.
It isn't. People around here have been told for a number of years that the
BSA is horrible, and many believe it. Most haven't been to many other gyms in
the Summit or elsewhere. How many people on this board have been to more than
one or two other places? I'll bet darn few! More people need to roadtrip and see what other places look like on the inside.

Tatanka
01-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Speaking of your refined tastes, please share some more info on bathing in airport sinks. IALTO.

http://savagehenrymagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/pinky.jpg

I do agree about the BSA. ;)

^^^^^ That just happened.

Rep the man.

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Should we aspire to that level? Absolutely Not!
I'm saying that there are a number of 'lower quality' gyms in the Summit/elsewhere.
I believe people in Fargo THINK/Believe the BSA is in the lower realm of gyms.
It isn't. People around here have been told for a number of years that the
BSA is horrible, and many believe it. Most haven't been to many other gyms in
the Summit or elsewhere. How many people on this board have been to more than
one or two other places? I'll bet darn few! More people need to roadtrip and see what other places look like on the inside.

It is all relative.

NDSU football has actually jaded me. When I grew up, it was always, "Well NDSU is not big enough to compete with the big boys." "This is the best we can do in North Dakota." Well, NDSU football has exposed all the lies and opened my eyes.

The fact of the matter is we are a state supported, land grant institution and we need to start acting like it. Similar institutions in other states play in conferences called the Big 10, Big 12, etc, not the Summit. Those are our peers and we need to start acting like it. That is who I compare the basketball facility to.

Remember, we are not a directional school and should have never been D2. I really torks me off that someone at NDSU dropped the ball in the late 70's. That was a blunder that set NDSU, SDSU, and USD back a generation in facilities.

Mr. Burgundy
01-24-2014, 09:59 PM
It is all relative.

NDSU football has actually jaded me. When I grew up, it was always, "Well NDSU is not big enough to compete with the big boys." "This is the best we can do in North Dakota." Well, NDSU football has exposed all the lies and opened my eyes.

The fact of the matter is we are a state supported, land grant institution and we need to start acting like it. Similar institutions in other states play in conferences called the Big 10, Big 12, etc, not the Summit. Those are our peers and we need to start acting like it. That is who I compare the basketball facility to.

Remember, we are not a directional school and should have never been D2. I really torks me off that someone at NDSU dropped the ball in the late 70's. That was a blunder that set NDSU, SDSU, and USD back a generation in facilities.

Let me know when the conf invite shows up. Until then, keep bitching.

HoopsBison
01-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow, Bison going to dominate the bunnies.

#BeatSDSU

coldspot
01-24-2014, 10:22 PM
anybody know which FCS the channel is going to be on? I'm not seeing it listed on DirecTV anywhere.

NDSUstudent
01-24-2014, 10:23 PM
anybody know which FCS the channel is going to be on? I'm not seeing it listed on DirecTV anywhere.

Channel 608

56BISON73
01-24-2014, 10:31 PM
It is all relative.

Football is just a very small part of the equation.

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Let me know when the conf invite shows up. Until then, keep bitching.

Great post, Burgundy. I said nothing about a conference invite. I said in the late 70's NDSU made a collosal mistake not going in D1; that put us back a generation in facilities. I never made any mention of a Big 10 invite.

Please read my posts before being an asshole just to piss me off.

SDbison
01-24-2014, 11:52 PM
The renovated BSA is a joke compared to what a state DI school like NDSU should have for a basketball arena. Too bad the state legislature takes no pride in seeing what is presented on TV that representing their state.

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Football is just a very small part of the equation.

Hell, PL, I think BBall may even be more of an argument why NDSU should have never been D2, so I don't follow your argument at all. I just don't understand why NDSU ended up like a directional school in other states.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Hell, PL, I think BBall may even be more of an argument why NDSU should have never been D2, so I don't follow your argument at all. I just don't understand why NDSU ended up like a directional school in other states.

I blame hockey. Being aligned with a bunch of hockey loving schools in the NCC set us back for decades. Sadly we didn't even have hockey so we got pretty much nothing out of that arrangement when it comes to exposure for our school.

At least we are catching up to where we should be rather quickly. The new BSA will be one of the nicer facilities in the region.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2014, 12:10 AM
The new BSA will be one of the nicer facilities in the region.

Yep, we are coming. I really think when that gets done, and I pray it is nicer than Frost, we have an opportunity to dominate the Summit.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Yep, we are coming. I really think when that gets done, and I pray it is nicer than Frost, we have an opportunity to dominate the Summit.

I think it will be a game changer. Bison Illustrated had a really solid article highlighting the project this month anyone that wants to know more about the project should check it out. No Summit facility will have everything it has.

1998braves64
01-25-2014, 07:12 AM
Let me ask would you trade 5 national football championships and 5 women's bball national championships to have moved to DI in 70s?? Probably would not have those if we did.

Now I think they could easily done it, but it wasn't as much of a disaster of not doing it as it was in the 90s in my mind, we can't dwell on the past and what could have beens because we are moving forward and to be concerned that BSA --> SHAC renovation is going to be a flop or not as good as frost arena you have to remember they are putting $41 million into a building that essentially becomes a $55-60 million facility. The only thing staying is steel structure and west side seating and portion of second floor under the seating.

Nobody in Summit will have what we will have. Would a flashy brand new bball arena $50 million + have been nice? Yes but then you're left with an old crummy BSA that most if not all sports would still be using. It gives all sports a common ground to interact with each other. Think of all the friendships between athletes that have been forged by having a common area for all sports. Woodside (and others) made several tweets regarding NDSU football during their 3peat football playoff run. How much does this happen at other schools, former star for one sport caring enough to support accomplishments of another sport? I don't see it much, not saying it doesn't and maybe way more than I think it does, but I found it refreshing. Think he even tweeted Brock a direct congratulations if I remember right.

I'm very intrigued by what little I've seen with renderings and plans but seems like there will be so much more than what has been "publicized". I for one am excited to walk in to it in 2 years and start exploring! And any chair back seating will be better than freaking bleachers.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

unbison
01-25-2014, 09:20 AM
The renovated BSA is a joke compared to what a state DI school like NDSU should have for a basketball arena. Too bad the state legislature takes no pride in seeing what is presented on TV that representing their state.

are you serious what do you think they should have?

1998braves64
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM
are you serious what do you think they should have?

I can answer for SDBison, a 10,000+ seat stand alone arena with all the amenities.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Hansel
01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Channel 608

What package is that in? I have the directv sports pack- but the channel is currently shown as "dark" on my guide

NDSUFan_Sav
01-25-2014, 04:51 PM
I think we're somewhere by the summit they don't know how to clean their roads.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/arahaze2.jpg

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
What package is that in? I have the directv sports pack- but the channel is currently shown as "dark" on my guide

Sports pack, it says NDSU at SDSU on my guide.

Tatanka
01-25-2014, 05:04 PM
There is currently a line forming to the left of Sav at Cubby's, patiently waiting to hold his dick.

Kermit
01-25-2014, 05:13 PM
There is currently a line forming to the left of Sav at Cubby's, patiently waiting to hold his dick.

Pictures of the mammalians encountered in said establishment/village will not be required. Thank you.

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2014, 05:29 PM
I think we're somewhere by the summit they don't know how to clean their roads.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/arahaze2.jpg

Didn't Luke Skywalker grow up on that planet?

Tatanka
01-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Didn't Luke Skywalker grow up on that planet?

no, but I would have liked to have had an At-At walker just north of Watertown.

Tatanka
01-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Pictures of the mammalians encountered in said establishment/village will not be required. Thank you.

Request granted.

SDbison
01-25-2014, 08:06 PM
I can answer for SDBison, a 10,000+ seat stand alone arena with all the amenities.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone. Actually 7000 to 8000 capacity would have been nice and a bit bigger footprint for the facilities.......those locker rooms are really small. Can't imagine how squeezed the seating will be, but I am sure the 200 people in the suites will be comfy. The pillars will still be there on the west side, and the ceiling is still way too low. To summarize, 10lbs in a 5lb bag. 5700 capacity is a joke. Period.

onbison09
01-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Is this streamed anywhere?

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Lets go Bison!

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Is this streamed anywhere?

http://gofirstrowus.eu/sport/basketball.html

perthbison
01-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Does Dish have this one and which channel?

BisonTeacher
01-25-2014, 09:09 PM
anyone have a link to the stream? MIdco stream link isnt working. Or is it for anyone else?

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 09:12 PM
SDSU shooting well, Bison down by and Marshall at the line for two at first media timeout.

344Johnson
01-25-2014, 09:14 PM
first row link not working for me

SDbison
01-25-2014, 09:17 PM
first row link not working for me Same here.......this sucks. WTF I usually can get the FCS channels on DirecTV, but not today. Does Midco block this locally in Sioux Falls?

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Braun for THREEE! bison up 2

westnodak93bison
01-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Kory Brown playing well. Nice rebound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

onbison09
01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Maybe this is bad but I hate the Don's carwash commercials. Scotty calls a hell of a basketball game.

onbison09
01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Same here.......this sucks. WTF I usually can get the FCS channels on DirecTV, but not today. Does Midco block this locally in Sioux Falls?
Probably. Don't know for sure.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:25 PM
LA is playing really well.

344Johnson
01-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Lots of points being scored...from the look of the gamecast.

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 09:30 PM
SDSU shooting the three well, we arent doing a great job defending it though.

BisonTeacher
01-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Midco stream working now. Not tge best quality...but its working

onbison09
01-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Damn that announcer is annoying. Now I know how people feel about our PA announcer.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
damn wifi at skyclub in atlanta is horrible.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Terrible travel call on Marshall.

Gully
01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Bad call on the travel on Marshall. He's done that 1,000 times with no travel called. Should have been a hoop +1. It seems like they're calling it tight this year....except when Marshall has the ball.

Gully
01-25-2014, 09:39 PM
We need to stop leaving their big guy open on the perimeter. He's soft and slow, make him do something besides shoot wide open jump shots.

BYZEN
01-25-2014, 09:39 PM
We're watching Billy, can't get the BB game. What's the score?

3 Pete!!!

Gully
01-25-2014, 09:40 PM
We need to stop leaving their big guy open on the perimeter. He's soft and slow, make him do something besides shoot wide open jump shots.

and so they leave him open again. ugh.

Hammersmith
01-25-2014, 09:41 PM
We're watching Billy, can't get the BB game. What's the score?

3 Pete!!!

35-all
2:00 left in half

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Horrific call on that charge. Just a joke of a call. An absolute joke.

Gully
01-25-2014, 09:46 PM
he was not set. calls definitely favoring the home team.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:47 PM
These refs are just a joke, they had to review to see who the foul was on.

Gully
01-25-2014, 09:49 PM
oh wow, I thought for a second they weren't going to call that foul on the rebound. once Braun fell down they had to but they were going to let them get away with it. so much for cleaning up the physical play.

80ALUM
01-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Nagy. What a whiner.

Hammersmith
01-25-2014, 09:50 PM
41-37 NDSU
half

westnodak93bison
01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Nagy. What a whiner.

Has a weird look to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 09:54 PM
LA 9 points
Bjorklund 8
Braun 8 and 4 assists
Felt 6
Kading 5, 2 fouls
Wright 3
Brown 2, 2 fouls

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Bison need to defend the three a bit better in the second half.

heckler
01-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Nagy. What a whiner.

Self at kansas is the same way.

Gully
01-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Bison blowing it open.....13 point lead.

NDSUstudent
Bison come out of the gates firing. NDSU up 13!

Hammersmith
Bison on an 11-2 run to start the half.

52-39

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Perfect start, were a handful when we are playing our best.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2014, 10:15 PM
how much would it suck to call Brookings home?

80ALUM
01-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Surprised Dupree hasn't been in yet. Is he injured?

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Surprised Dupree hasn't been in yet. Is he injured?

He struggled vs WIU. Huge game, I didn't really expect him to play much today. Needs to get more confident.

344Johnson
01-25-2014, 10:18 PM

January Jones is originally a Brookings resident I think

heckler
01-25-2014, 10:19 PM

2nd to last place on Earth.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Somebody shoot the "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" who has to be sitting right by the mic

80ALUM
01-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Somebody shoot the "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" who has to be sitting right by the mic
Yes! Annoying.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 10:40 PM
These refs are a complete and total clown show. Huge game and they don't even know it is a 1 and 1...cost us the arrow.

Bisonator98
Score?....

NDSUstudent
Score?....

70-61 Bison

NDSU1980
01-25-2014, 10:42 PM
70-61 Bison
I can't wait to tell my Bunny wife.

heckler
01-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Saul should just shave his head.

Bisonator98
70-61 Bison

Thanks.....

AjaxTheMighty
I can't wait to tell my Bunny wife.

Playboy bunny or SDSU bunny?

HandoEX
01-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Back to whipping these bunny wabbits. Huge few minutes to close a big, big win! Go Bison!!!

tcbison
01-25-2014, 10:50 PM
25 for Braun. He is showing why he is the best in the Summit League.

AjaxTheMighty
01-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Bunnies making it interesting...

NDSU1980
01-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Playboy bunny or SDSU bunny?
Back when she graduated, she looked like both. :D

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 11:00 PM
We got this! Huge....Huge win!

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 11:01 PM
NDSU 85 SDSU 77 FINAL

Taylor Braun 30 points

coldspot
01-25-2014, 11:01 PM
nice try, Suckrabbits

80ALUM
01-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Yes! Big win!

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Great win, keep racking up the road wins!

Kermit
01-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah baby! Sweet road victory! Rivalry!

HandoEX
01-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Great road win. This team's gonna be dancing!!!

Bisonator98
01-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Nice! Good win boys!

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Great road win. This team's gonna be dancing!!!

Oh, please let that be true. I bought tickets last year in the hope I get to see that.

HoopsBison
01-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Taylor Braun was special in the 2nd half, lots big shoes to fill next year, need to capitalize this season. Today was big for this team.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-25-2014, 11:48 PM
HMD rabbits. Their reaction when we got the ball after that one and one screw job was priceless.

HerdBot
01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Nice win on the road

Gully
01-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Very nice road win

unbison
01-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Was a very fun game to watch I think this team will be dancing

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2014, 01:36 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/uvuga3un.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/e9y6e4ab.jpg

HoopsBison
01-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Drive safely!

AjaxTheMighty
01-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Drive safely!

I hope the driver wasn't taking and posting those pics...:confused:

HoopsBison
01-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Wish we could have found a couple minutes for Dupree tonight, tough environment for a freshman but that's how kids grow. Tough to do when Taylor and LA are going good just wish we could get a few mins for him.

marenlee
01-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Drive safely!

Ah. Quite possibly the worst roads in the Union.

BisonTeacher
01-26-2014, 02:41 AM
While watching today ...saw a bunny fan make the following hand gesture. He put the bunny ears behind the bison horns. For those that have been to sdsu for a game...do they always make that gesture? And do the camera people know what it means?

wow
01-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Congrats on the win Bison.

Curious on your thoughts, Braun is great but does Bjorklund make the team great?

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2014, 03:04 AM
I hope the driver wasn't taking and posting those pics...:confused:

Definitely not the driver. Had idiots in front of us constantly hitting their brakes. Now it's freezing rain and its below 10°

Kermit
01-26-2014, 03:06 AM

Curious on your thoughts, Braun is great but does Bjorklund make the team great?

It isn't one or the other, it is the combination. Braun and Bjorklund are both extremely difficult match-ups at our level. Braun is a fast, athletic, 6-7 guard who can take it to the rim or shoot the jumper. Bjorklund is a 6-8 horse with a tremendous old-school low post game. Take nothing away from the others--the pieces are fitting together very nicely.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2014, 03:06 AM

Well we don't beat Notre Dame without Marshall. That said we saw what happened last year when Taylor went down. It is really the combo of both is what makes us so good. Both are very hard to defend and work well together.

HoopsBison
01-26-2014, 05:07 AM
Video highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyI1iWtQyw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUo9BmRwSGifLu8jCbOgOK1w

MN_BISON
01-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Here's a link to the post game presser.
http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

ndsubison1
01-26-2014, 10:19 PM
23-28 FT? That was a huge difference in the game!

THEsocalledfan
01-27-2014, 01:25 PM
It isn't one or the other, it is the combination. Braun and Bjorklund are both extremely difficult match-ups at our level. Braun is a fast, athletic, 6-7 guard who can take it to the rim or shoot the jumper. Bjorklund is a 6-8 horse with a tremendous old-school low post game. Take nothing away from the others--the pieces are fitting together very nicely.

After really getting my best look at quality Bison play for the first time this year (the Un_ game simply cannot count when NDSU collectively decided not to rebound), I can't help but wonder if they team has the potential to be a better TEAM than the Woodside team. Let's face it, that team did not really have a solid banger inside and if not for Woodside driving and dishing, there was not much they could due consistently. While I am not sure Braun is at Woodside's level, having Bjorklund banging around inside changes everything. It makes it so much easier on the shooting guards to get good looks, and tough on defenses guarding Braun when he drives. If I am the opposing team, my whole strategy would be to take Bjorklund away, likely by playing a traditional zone, but then it is likely NDSU runs wild on the outside with good ball movement.

I'm saying, I liked what I saw as I did not think SDSU was horrible. This team really has a chance to win that prime time game on national TV....

PaBizon
01-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Hats off to the coaching staff!!!

ndsubison1
01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
After really getting my best look at quality Bison play for the first time this year (the Un_ game simply cannot count when NDSU collectively decided not to rebound), I can't help but wonder if they team has the potential to be a better TEAM than the Woodside team. Let's face it, that team did not really have a solid banger inside and if not for Woodside driving and dishing, there was not much they could due consistently. While I am not sure Braun is at Woodside's level, having Bjorklund banging around inside changes everything. It makes it so much easier on the shooting guards to get good looks, and tough on defenses guarding Braun when he drives. If I am the opposing team, my whole strategy would be to take Bjorklund away, likely by playing a traditional zone, but then it is likely NDSU runs wild on the outside with good ball movement.

I'm saying, I liked what I saw as I did not think SDSU was horrible. This team really has a chance to win that prime time game on national TV....

the 08-09 had 4 consistent shooters on the floor the majority of the time

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2014, 01:43 PM
the 08-09 had 4 consistent shooters on the floor the majority of the time

But no consistent inside game which is precisely why they got schooled by Kansas.....I'd take a solid inside game over more shooters 10 out of 10 times.

ndsubison1
01-28-2014, 07:15 PM
But no consistent inside game which is precisely why they got schooled by Kansas.....I'd take a solid inside game over more shooters 10 out of 10 times.

if collins doesnt go off and get some of the bounces he did would have been a much different result too. but it is what it is

gotts
01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Also, if we would have scored more points, we would have won.

unbison
01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
yeah them jayturd butt turds scored more then us dammit

Tatanka
01-28-2014, 11:53 PM

Were you there, or were you sitting in a living room 45 miles away?

unbison
01-29-2014, 12:11 AM
id say stick with travel hacking

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2014, 06:02 PM
id say stick with travel hacking

You note how inside game carried ndsu last night? :fight:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

unbison
02-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Korey brown was the difference in that game

DjKyRo
02-08-2014, 07:29 PM

There wasn't an inside game we could've fielded that would've given us a chance against Cole Aldrich. Bjorklund/Aaberg/Kading would rack up 15 fouls in a hurry against the inside game we faced vs. Kansas and our shooters (Woodside/Nelson/Winks) are precisely what kept us competitive in that game.

THEsocalledfan
02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
There wasn't an inside game we could've fielded that would've given us a chance against Cole Aldrich. Bjorklund/Aaberg/Kading would rack up 15 fouls in a hurry against the inside game we faced vs. Kansas and our shooters (Woodside/Nelson/Winks) are precisely what kept us competitive in that game.

So basically no inside presence is better? I no follow logic.

DjKyRo
02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
So basically no inside presence is better? I no follow logic.

I don't follow the logic of putting words in peoples' mouths. Not saying we shouldn't have an inside presence. Obviously we want an inside presence and to assert that that's what I'm saying is completely juvenile. Why do you think that what I'm saying?

You're obviously just here looking for an argument. What you posted is the equivalent of saying "I like Bud Light, we should have it at the exclusion of all other beers." Someone else responds "I don't know, Miller Lite is pretty good too. Bud Light doesn't satisfy my learned beer palette quite as well." Your response? "So we should just never bother with Bud Light then?" Doesn't that strike you as argumentative and not at all pursuing any meaningful dialog on what you see as a pretty big issue? What kind of responses do you think you're going to get when your approach is to just stuff words in peoples' mouths when they have a viewpoint that differs from yours?

Now, to address your point. Quality big men are hard to find at the level NDSU plays at, and that's why we have to make do with what we can get (which, if it's guys like Ben Woodside, suits me fine). Small-school big men like Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga), Omar Samhan (St. Mary's) or even Oakland's Keith Benson don't come around often and when they do they're snapped up by the bigger schools, in our case the Minnesotas and Wisconsins of the world. At our level, we even compete with schools like Green Bay or other conference schools because our basketball team doesn't have the profile our football team does - we're not a slam dunk when our competition for a recruit is schools like SDSU, Western Illinois, Northern Iowa or another midwestern mid-major team. Height in basketball is just like speed in football - if you have the physical gifts that teams want, odds are you aren't going to go to a school like NDSU. Somewhere bigger will want you, and can you blame a college kid for going elsewhere?

Burgundy has made this point several times and it's one that bears repeating; the guys we get at the level NDSU plays at are going to have some kind of flaw. We're starting to recruit at a level where we're going after guys with talent, but that talent, unfettered, isn't coming here if another school comes calling. Our basketball program just isn't high-profile enough, and no amount of message board bullheadedness is going to change that. Look at TrayVonn - insane athleticism, can step out and hit jumpers, etc. and yet just can't pack mass on. Lawerence ALexander is a good scorer and shows flashes of good passing ability but he's never going to be a true point guard. This is going to be true of any big man we get here at NDSU - if they have the talent to play here, they're going to have some flaw in their game that scares off a bigger school.

Now, should we, as you say, not go for bigs? Absolutely not. That's like saying we shouldn't go after a running game for the football team - to anyone who knows anything about the game that's a completely preposterous position, and if you think that's what I'm saying then you're just looking for an argument at the expense of actual conversation. So the question, then, is how do we capitalize on the bigs we can get? We surround them with talented shooters. Having a guy like Braun that can step up and hit a three or dead-eye marksmen like Felt open things up inside and I think that's a big part of why Marshall Bjorklund has been so successful - he frequently finds himself one-on-one and his talent is that he can just destroy people in that scenario. Even so, as I said earlier, he has his flaws - cannot stay out of foul trouble, and while he's a great rebounder I don't see him altering shots as often as the great college centers. If he did, he wouldn't be here, period. That's OK.

Look at the past few years' big upset-special mid-major teams. Last year's Florida Gulf Coast team had athleticism to spare, an agile center and a point guard that was one of the best passers in the tournament last year. They got hot at the right time and it led to a great story and a stunner over Gonzaga. Virginia Commonwealth won games the past few years with some great shooting and a pace that rivals Western Illinois in terms of sheer slowness and grittiness. Butler flew out of nowhere with Gordon Hayward (a guy with a PF's height and a point-guard's game). None of these schools "didn't recruit bigs" but rather adapted the style of basketball they play to the recruits they're able to land. We're recruiting who we can recruit - Saul isn't sitting there in his office going "I like shooters more than bigs, so I'm going to recruit shooters." That's complete hogwash and you should know that. Rather, Saul is extending offers to who he wants, and then doing some talent evaluation to see who fits well together based on who commits.

Shooters are the key to any mid-major team that wants to win in the big dance. Jay Bilas, Andy Katz, Joe Lunardi, Bill Raftery, every college analyst you'll find will say this because the three-point shot is the great equalizer in college basketball. If your response to this is that I don't like Marshall Bjorklund or if you're just looking for an argument, then I won't bother responding. Look beyond the black-and-white, because that's not how the real world works.

Sent from my microwave.

THEsocalledfan
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't follow the logic of putting words in peoples' mouths. Not saying we shouldn't have an inside presence. Obviously we want an inside presence and to assert that that's what I'm saying is completely juvenile. Why do you think that what I'm saying?

You're obviously just here looking for an argument. What you posted is the equivalent of saying "I like Bud Light, we should have it at the exclusion of all other beers." Someone else responds "I don't know, Miller Lite is pretty good too. Bud Light doesn't satisfy my learned beer palette quite as well." Your response? "So we should just never bother with Bud Light then?" Doesn't that strike you as argumentative and not at all pursuing any meaningful dialog on what you see as a pretty big issue? What kind of responses do you think you're going to get when your approach is to just stuff words in peoples' mouths when they have a viewpoint that differs from yours?

Now, to address your point. Quality big men are hard to find at the level NDSU plays at, and that's why we have to make do with what we can get (which, if it's guys like Ben Woodside, suits me fine). Small-school big men like Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga), Omar Samhan (St. Mary's) or even Oakland's Keith Benson don't come around often and when they do they're snapped up by the bigger schools, in our case the Minnesotas and Wisconsins of the world. At our level, we even compete with schools like Green Bay or other conference schools because our basketball team doesn't have the profile our football team does - we're not a slam dunk when our competition for a recruit is schools like SDSU, Western Illinois, Northern Iowa or another midwestern mid-major team. Height in basketball is just like speed in football - if you have the physical gifts that teams want, odds are you aren't going to go to a school like NDSU. Somewhere bigger will want you, and can you blame a college kid for going elsewhere?

Burgundy has made this point several times and it's one that bears repeating; the guys we get at the level NDSU plays at are going to have some kind of flaw. We're starting to recruit at a level where we're going after guys with talent, but that talent, unfettered, isn't coming here if another school comes calling. Our basketball program just isn't high-profile enough, and no amount of message board bullheadedness is going to change that. Look at TrayVonn - insane athleticism, can step out and hit jumpers, etc. and yet just can't pack mass on. Lawerence ALexander is a good scorer and shows flashes of good passing ability but he's never going to be a true point guard. This is going to be true of any big man we get here at NDSU - if they have the talent to play here, they're going to have some flaw in their game that scares off a bigger school.

Now, should we, as you say, not go for bigs? Absolutely not. That's like saying we shouldn't go after a running game for the football team - to anyone who knows anything about the game that's a completely preposterous position, and if you think that's what I'm saying then you're just looking for an argument at the expense of actual conversation. So the question, then, is how do we capitalize on the bigs we can get? We surround them with talented shooters. Having a guy like Braun that can step up and hit a three or dead-eye marksmen like Felt open things up inside and I think that's a big part of why Marshall Bjorklund has been so successful - he frequently finds himself one-on-one and his talent is that he can just destroy people in that scenario. Even so, as I said earlier, he has his flaws - cannot stay out of foul trouble, and while he's a great rebounder I don't see him altering shots as often as the great college centers. If he did, he wouldn't be here, period. That's OK.

Look at the past few years' big upset-special mid-major teams. Last year's Florida Gulf Coast team had athleticism to spare, an agile center and a point guard that was one of the best passers in the tournament last year. They got hot at the right time and it led to a great story and a stunner over Gonzaga. Virginia Commonwealth won games the past few years with some great shooting and a pace that rivals Western Illinois in terms of sheer slowness and grittiness. Butler flew out of nowhere with Gordon Hayward (a guy with a PF's height and a point-guard's game). None of these schools "didn't recruit bigs" but rather adapted the style of basketball they play to the recruits they're able to land. We're recruiting who we can recruit - Saul isn't sitting there in his office going "I like shooters more than bigs, so I'm going to recruit shooters." That's complete hogwash and you should know that. Rather, Saul is extending offers to who he wants, and then doing some talent evaluation to see who fits well together based on who commits.

Shooters are the key to any mid-major team that wants to win in the big dance. Jay Bilas, Andy Katz, Joe Lunardi, Bill Raftery, every college analyst you'll find will say this because the three-point shot is the great equalizer in college basketball. If your response to this is that I don't like Marshall Bjorklund or if you're just looking for an argument, then I won't bother responding. Look beyond the black-and-white, because that's not how the real world works.

Sent from my microwave.

I will remember the purple font next time, but I am not good at that on my phone.

With that said, the point I am trying to make is I am still quite certain that NDSU would have done even better against kansas with the big men they have this year, than at the time. We also have guys that can shoot now, so I don't see this as a one or the other. With a guy like Cole Aldrich, you still would not stop him, but they would have had a better chance of slowing him down which they never did. You simply get in his face, and don't try to block shots; simply go straight up and make him shoot over you knowing he will miss a few and hope for the best. This keeps you out of foul trouble against the stellar players.

This team really has a chance as they are balanced. When they are cooking, they are down right scary and I will not write off that first game if they make it. I never thought I'd see another NDSU team maybe as good as the Woodside team, but these guys have a chance. The USD, Denver, and IUPUI games were very telling to me. NDSU did not have their A game in any of those games, yet they went 2-1 and even made a run in the Denver game. That IUPUI game was remarkable how numerous players stepped up inside and literally won that game for NDSU. This team really has balance; I really think that will keep them in any game they play. While I acknowledge the premium of getting the best big guys, these big guys are pretty good.

GRAFTONBISON
02-10-2014, 04:46 PM
I will remember the purple font next time, but I am not good at that on my phone.

With that said, the point I am trying to make is I am still quite certain that NDSU would have done even better against kansas with the big men they have this year, than at the time. We also have guys that can shoot now, so I don't see this as a one or the other. With a guy like Cole Aldrich, you still would not stop him, but they would have had a better chance of slowing him down which they never did. You simply get in his face, and don't try to block shots; simply go straight up and make him shoot over you knowing he will miss a few and hope for the best. This keeps you out of foul trouble against the stellar players.

This team really has a chance as they are balanced. When they are cooking, they are down right scary and I will not write off that first game if they make it. I never thought I'd see another NDSU team maybe as good as the Woodside team, but these guys have a chance. The USD, Denver, and IUPUI games were very telling to me. NDSU did not have their A game in any of those games, yet they went 2-1 and even made a run in the Denver game. That IUPUI game was remarkable how numerous players stepped up inside and literally won that game for NDSU. This team really has balance; I really think that will keep them in any game they play. While I acknowledge the premium of getting the best big guys, these big guys are pretty good.

Unfortunately, all I remember of Aldrich from that game was him dunking alley oop after alley oop. Pretty tough to go straight up on those. :hide:

I do agree with your points though.

ndsubison1
02-10-2014, 06:39 PM

both teams obviously have their strengths and weaknesses. the 09 teams didnt have a post presence but had a lot of consistent shooters. this years team i think can match up with a lot of teams better with our athleticism, length, and versatility. but this team is not a consistent shooting team. but we do have a presence down low with bjorklund like you said

THEsocalledfan
02-10-2014, 06:53 PM
both teams obviously have their strengths and weaknesses. the 09 teams didnt have a post presence but had a lot of consistent shooters. this years team i think can match up with a lot of teams better with our athleticism, length, and versatility. but this team is not a consistent shooting team. but we do have a presence down low with bjorklund like you said

I'd go a step further. It is not just Bjorklund, even though I admit he is the key. Aaberg and Kading are solid players which have helped when Bjorklund needs to go out. I have to admit, I've started to wonder who is more of a forward; Wright or Brown. Brown has played remarkably well inside.

HoopsBison
02-10-2014, 07:15 PM
As much as Aldrich gave us trouble the bigger factor was letting Collins get hot and going off. Aldrich was going to get his.

NDSUstudent
02-10-2014, 07:24 PM
KU basically scored at will on us. Woody played the game of his career but it wasn't enough, in the big dance you have to be able to get stops to win games.

Bison bison
02-10-2014, 08:00 PM
This team really has balance; I really think that will keep them in any game they play.

Great thought, but the game they're playing is basketball.

THEsocalledfan
02-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Great thought, but the game they're playing is basketball.

Solid point.