PDA

View Full Version : 1/16 Omaha

NDSUstudent
01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
The Bison take on Omaha at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday. Omaha currently has the second highest RPI in the Summit, they do have a nice win on the resume at Nevada and they gave a very talented Iowa team all they could handle on the road earlier this season.

The Mavs are ranked 18th in the nation in scoring, averaging over 83 points per game. Should be a fun game to watch so get out to the BSA this Thursday!

ndsubison1
01-15-2014, 12:20 AM
omaha looks improved and this could be a very competitive game

ndsansa
01-15-2014, 12:56 AM
The game will be broadcast in North Dakota on MeTV. Should be a fun to watch.

344Johnson
01-15-2014, 02:26 AM
I'll be there

AjaxTheMighty
01-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Sounds like the weather is going to suck...again.

bisonfan08
01-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Omaha was a team that could score in bunches last year but just couldn't stop anybody, looks like they are improving in that area. Should be a good game and bad weather or not I'm in plus 3.

HandoEX
01-15-2014, 01:28 PM
I have a bet on this game with a Gopher fan. He said UNO looked great when he saw them.

I'll be there. Go Bison!

goldenshower
01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
I have a bet on this game with a Gopher fan. He said UNO looked great when he saw them.

I'll be there. Go Bison!

Gopher fans are so stupid. Go bison

Bison03
01-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Its time (if you havn't already, and if you havn't...where the hell have you been!!) to jump on board an get excited and pack the stands for this bball team. This is the best team we have had since Woody and the boys. The road to the dance starts now!! Students and everyone else need to get out to the BSA and support this team as much as they do the football team. Let's pump it up Bison Nation!!!

P.S- Did you like rushing the field in Frisco? It's just as fun rushing the floor in Sioux Falls!!!

Ferd
01-16-2014, 01:12 AM
With the school closed tomorrow will we still have a game?????

NDSUstudent
01-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Fargo schools canceled but not everything shut down, NDSU and Omaha men's basketball game Thursday still on as scheduled.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/423639519980978176

roadwarrior
01-16-2014, 01:37 AM
For those living in Fargo, this "blizzard" will be another non event.

Bison bison
01-16-2014, 01:47 AM
I agree completely.

Just like last Sunday they made the call too early (for no good reason).

Right now the forecast is for a little wind, but that's it.

It's ridiculous that they announced tomorrow's NDSU closure an hour ago for this.

ndsubison1
01-16-2014, 02:30 AM
its gonna be overblown

Tatanka
01-16-2014, 02:44 AM
its gonna be overblown

what you did there. I see it.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

North Side
01-16-2014, 05:01 AM
wait out the blizzard by watching the basketball game on MeTV!

dragonsfan
01-16-2014, 05:20 AM
Good that the game stays on maybe the 2000+ kids in dorms can walk over right?

1998braves64
01-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Good that the game stays on maybe the 2000+ kids in dorms can walk over right?

Be too drunk and hung over to make that cold windy walk!!

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

imabison
01-16-2014, 04:44 PM
For those living in Fargo, this "blizzard" will be another non event.

I would not want to be out in the country driving. KFGO said Deputy in Clay County this morning at site of semi that was
blown over by the wind, had to use a GPS to find his exactly location due to visibility.

This is good for us in the city.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/423772/group/Sports/
Saying good-bye to the Bison Sports Arena

1998braves64
01-16-2014, 05:22 PM
I would not want to be out in the country driving. KFGO said Deputy in Clay County this morning at site of semi that was
blown over by the wind, had to use a GPS to find his exactly location due to visibility.

This is good for us in the city.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/423772/group/Sports/
Saying good-bye to the Bison Sports Arena

Can't speak for the 3-8am crowd driving and currently, but came in an hour late and it obviously wasn't optimal but drove 50-60 most of hte way south on I-29 (somewhat traveling with the wind so that makes it reasonably easier to drive). Worst thing to watch out for were sporadic icy spots from last night when it warmed up to nearly 40 degrees.

imabison
01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Can't speak for the 3-8am crowd driving and currently, but came in an hour late and it obviously wasn't optimal but drove 50-60 most of hte way south on I-29 (somewhat traveling with the wind so that makes it reasonably easier to drive). Worst thing to watch out for were sporadic icy spots from last night when it warmed up to nearly 40 degrees.

The sporadic icy conditions makes me laugh, about something I heard yesterday on KFGO, and they were reading the release of course, but it said to
watch your driving ICY conditions MAY exist. OMG people its the middle of winter OF COURSE icy conditions may exist :)

1998braves64
01-16-2014, 05:32 PM
The sporadic icy conditions makes me laugh, about something I heard yesterday on KFGO, and they were reading the release of course, but it said to
watch your driving ICY conditions MAY exist. OMG people its the middle of winter OF COURSE icy conditions may exist :)

Hah yeah get a kick out of that, but do believe there are some absolutely clueless people out there occasionally.. Saw one person driving with hazards on this morning (ok with that as driving slower... helps us other drivers know that you're going slower) but they were talking on a cell phone. :confused:

Bison"FANatic"
01-16-2014, 10:00 PM
I have 4 tickets for tonight's game to give away if anyone is interested. You just have to pick them up in West Fargo. Wife has some work stuff and I am not going to load up the kids.

I am going to go clean driveway now so if anyone is interested PM with a phone number and I will give you a call when I come in from outside.

BYZEN
01-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Hah yeah get a kick out of that, but do believe there are some absolutely clueless people out there occasionally.. Saw one person driving with hazards on this morning (ok with that as driving slower... helps us other drivers know that you're going slower) but they were talking on a cell phone. :confused:

WORST BLIZZARD EVER......purple

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....

perthbison
01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
metv is apparently only on city cable, not dish. Is this right? Can this game be web streamed?

North Side
01-16-2014, 10:49 PM
metv is apparently only on city cable, not dish. Is this right? Can this game be web streamed?

I am picking up MeTV with my over air antenna.

It is on cable or rabbit ears no dish as far as I know....

SDbison
01-16-2014, 11:08 PM
This.............Want to watch bison basketball tonight........any free access on web?

80ALUM
01-16-2014, 11:16 PM
This.............Want to watch bison basketball tonight........any free access on web?

Looks like it is playing on first row sports. Also on All Access.

HoopsBison
01-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Going to be a little crowd tonight.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Tatanka
01-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Trapped in Bismarck tonight. Gonna hunker down in the bdubs and see if anyone can find the game or spell MeTV. Wish me luck.

1998braves64
01-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Decent student turnout but considered they probably sick of sitting in dorm rooms fair amount of fans in bleachers.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

HoopsBison
01-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Crowd filled in quite nicely actually!

Go bison

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 12:05 AM
The look on the waitresses' face when I said metv was priceless

SDbison
01-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Anybody else trying to watch on first row sports?........no video yet.

Mr Meaty
01-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Omaha wants to run

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Omfg, success!!! Ghetto production but its on tv at Bismarck bdubs.

coldspot
01-17-2014, 12:14 AM

no dice here either.

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Looks like a nice crowd

Mr Meaty
01-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Omfg, success!!! Ghetto production but its on tv at Bismarck bdubs.

Bison nation in Capital city is great

HerdBot
01-17-2014, 12:44 AM

Can't find you have a link?

SDbison
01-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Can't find you have a link? The link for this game went away. Must not be any available video.

marenlee
01-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Ugly end to the half for both teams.

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Bison making a lot of uncharacteristic turnovers. Lots of missed passes. That's the only thing that appears to be keeping Omaha in the game right now. Bison up 10 @half.

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Few things make me smile more than watching Jamal pretend to give a shit when the proseed dude is on at halftime. Jamal is a trooper!

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Klieman on air now with Jamal. Can't hear what's going on but just want to say its great having bison basketball statewide on an over the air free channel even if it is metv

bri-dog
01-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Watching on my computer -- is that roadwarrior sitting in the front row?

BadlandsBison
01-17-2014, 01:32 AM

Lol I'll give you 2 guesses, but you should only need one ;)

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 01:35 AM
11 blocked shots today for the bison... So far. Holy shitballs

thundarsdaddy
01-17-2014, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=Tatanka;828240]11 blocked shots today for the bison... So far. Holy shitballs

Thats...Holy Shitballs Batman!

Take 2!!!

Also Mr Tatanka, I uploaded that video in the football thread...kinda interesting.

CAS4127
01-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Good game Bison!! Listened to entire game. Need to keep that intensity going!! Booyah!! #excitedabit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80ALUM
01-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Good game Bison! Like I said, I was never worried about Omaha.

IBleedYellow
01-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Wow we played well as a team tonight.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
01-17-2014, 02:06 AM

Of course it is!

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Wow, was that a fun game to watch. We flat out dominated that game. Felt was on fire from the floor when he had the shot. Great win.

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Nice victory in front of what looked like a solid crowd. I will be there on Saturday!

HoopsBison
01-17-2014, 03:06 AM
Nice victory in front of what looked like a solid crowd. I will be there on Saturday!

Great crowd, just wish we were more vocal.

Great team win, thought everyone played well for us.

TAILG8R
01-17-2014, 03:09 AM

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd tonight. Fun game to be at, for a while there Omaha had to wonder if they were ever going to get a shot off without it getting blocked. My favorite was the big from Omaha going up to throw it own hard early in the game only to have it shoved right back in his face.

80ALUM
01-17-2014, 03:17 AM

I will be there on Saturday too. Any other Bison fans watching at Bismarck bdubs tonight?

Tatanka
01-17-2014, 03:18 AM
I will be there on Saturday too. Any other Bison fans watching at Bismarck bdubs tonight?

Gotts and the lovely Mrs. Gotts were able to join for a bit. Other than that Bdubs appeared to be devoid of NDSU fans.

herdmember
01-17-2014, 03:20 AM
This kind of felt like the football team vs the MVFC this year, hopefully this becomes a trend. Clinic!!

On another note, we were sitting looking at who all returns next year. I know this has been covered and then some, but please give at least one big with those last two schollys, thank you!!

NDSUstudent
01-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Great win tonight, Bison got in control and never let Omaha get back in the game. Taylor was solid as always, nice to see Felt put together two solid games and gotta give some credit to Aaberg stepping up and giving us some solid minutes when Marshall was in foul trouble.

NDSUstudent
01-17-2014, 03:25 AM
Gobison Highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dANCwixi52c&feature=youtu.be

80ALUM
01-17-2014, 03:30 AM
Gotts and the lovely Mrs. Gotts were able to join for a bit. Other than that Bdubs appeared to be devoid of NDSU fans.

I watched a game there during the Woody era. Sioux fans kept trying to change the channel and were complete jerks. Vowed to only watch from home thereafter if I can't watch in person.

gotts
01-17-2014, 01:02 PM
I watched a game there during the Woody era. Sioux fans kept trying to change the channel and were complete jerks. Vowed to only watch from home thereafter if I can't watch in person.

It was legit last night.

Good to see Tatanka again.

bisonfan08
01-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Great game by the guys last night, blocks and dunks were in abundance. Still too many unforced turnovers but other than that a very very solid performance. Look forward to seeing another one on Saturday! The crowd may not have been very vocal last night but at least there was a solid turnout, good to see support for this team and I can tell you anybody that was at the game last night will definitely want to see them again, a lot of fun to watch this team.

TAILG8R
01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Great game by the guys last night, blocks and dunks were in abundance. Still too many unforced turnovers but other than that a very very solid performance. Look forward to seeing another one on Saturday! The crowd may not have been very vocal last night but at least there was a solid turnout, good to see support for this team and I can tell you anybody that was at the game last night will definitely want to see them again, a lot of fun to watch this team.

Ironically there were more than a few times I wish they would have recognized when to slow things down. Being able to determine when you have the advantage in transition was lacking at times. All in all solid game though.

What I couldn't believe is the Omaha coach continuing to put the ball in #10's hands. He was out of control almost every time he brought the ball up court. I don't know how many times he would break for the basket or end line and end up dribbling the ball off his leg when the pressure got there.

HandoEX
01-17-2014, 03:54 PM
We have a lot to be happy about after last night. I loved our defensive tenacity. Guys really got after it and worked their tails off. We had 11 blocked shots to UNO's 1 :)

Mr. Burgundy
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I think the pace of place caught up with us at times and we started to play too fast, like Omaha wanted...and we turned it over a couple times. LA just had a couple bad passes on back to back possessions, but overall, he was the key to keeping the tempo where we wanted it. Scoring 80 plus points, leading the country in FG%...hey, I think our offense is doing ok.....

Braun will be missed. last night I thought he was toying with people. He is so smooth. Comfortable out there with the ball in his hands. That kid can play. Marshall had a move last night htat should go in a highlight film on footwork alone. You either have that or you don't. He is a once in a lifetime player. Bigs like that don't go to mid majors anymore. They just don't. We are going to have to find other ways to score. Nobody else has a Marshall, and we lose him next year. Tray extended the floor early, hit some big jumpers and they stepped on their throat. Sometimes they let a big lead slip, this time they just dominated from the get go and kept it going. Impressive win. Continue to dominate at home and at worst get splits on the road and we are in great shape. Saturday is an absolute must. get out there and support!

GRAFTONBISON
01-17-2014, 05:04 PM
I think the pace of place caught up with us at times and we started to play too fast, like Omaha wanted...and we turned it over a couple times. LA just had a couple bad passes on back to back possessions, but overall, he was the key to keeping the tempo where we wanted it. Scoring 80 plus points, leading the country in FG%...hey, I think our offense is doing ok.....

Braun will be missed. last night I thought he was toying with people. He is so smooth. Comfortable out there with the ball in his hands. That kid can play. Marshall had a move last night htat should go in a highlight film on footwork alone. You either have that or you don't. He is a once in a lifetime player. Bigs like that don't go to mid majors anymore. They just don't. We are going to have to find other ways to score. Nobody else has a Marshall, and we lose him next year. Tray extended the floor early, hit some big jumpers and they stepped on their throat. Sometimes they let a big lead slip, this time they just dominated from the get go and kept it going. Impressive win. Continue to dominate at home and at worst get splits on the road and we are in great shape. Saturday is an absolute must. get out there and support!

Very interested to see if they can handle their business against a tough, physical team on Saturday. Wish we could be in Fargo to support them but not in the cards this weekend.

Go Bison!!

HoopsBison
01-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Loved watching Jordan last night. Kid has had what some could call bad luck battling back issues and playing behind the best big man in program history, but never has he let that bother him. Were lucky to have him.

Bison03
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I think we did a good job of taking their fast paced full court game and shove it right back at them. There were numerous transition points coming of steals and missed shots. Great performance from the bench which is what we need more of. I think that when the lead is a 17-20 points for most of second half, the crowd just sort of lulls because the games is in hand; a lot like many football games this year.

Stat of the night: 11 blocked shots!!!

TAILG8R
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM

There were a few times last night where just when you thought that 13-14 point lead was dwindling away they would step on the gas and take control.

80ALUM
01-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Really like the Saturday afternoon game times. Much more conducive to traveling from out of town for a game. We have season tickets but the weeknight games don't work well for traveling.