PDA

View Full Version : Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Per a re-tweet from Easton Stick..
Blake Williams ‏@Williams1Blake 11m
Just committed to play football for North Dakota State University and could not be more excited! #BisoNation #NDSU

Welcome to NDSU Mr Williams!!!

HEre is the link to Sam's page..
http://bisonation.info/dl-blake-williams-romeo-mi-2014-offer/

Other Offers: FCS: SIU, WIU, ISU-blue, Lehigh, Robert Morris, Austin Peay
HS: Romeo
Height: 6’4″
Weight: 250
Prim. Position: DT
Sec. Position: TE
40 Yard Dash: 4.9

GOBISON123
01-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the Bison Nation Blake !:welcome:

Herd890
01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome to Code Green and Bison Nation Blake!!!!

BismarckBisonFan
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Blake Williams welcome to NDSU!!!!!

bisoningrandforks
01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
I am stoked!!.......welcome to Bisonation Blake!

jarhead
01-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Same here Blake, glad to have you on board!! Dinner will be served in the pocket every Saturday afternoon.

HerdBot
01-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Awesome stuff!! Reload baby!

A1pigskin
01-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Welcome to NDSU Blake.

VirginiaBison
01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Blake, welcome to the 4Peat challenge!

HerdBoy
01-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Looks like a big kid.

SamsRams
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM
MAKBISON asks a good question about his position. I list him as a DT. He has strength to play inside and quickness to play DE. really versatile and a great addition

Herd12
01-12-2014, 11:23 PM
MAKBISON asks a good question about his position. I list him as a DT. He has strength to play inside and quickness to play DE. really versatile and a great addition

Needs to get with Coach Kramer if he's going to play inside, but he looks and sounds like a great addition to the Bison.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-13-2014, 02:06 AM

I could see him as a DE.. but I am not always the best at judging talent. He seems to have a great burst off of ball movement. I would agree if he is a dt, he needs to add some pounds. Either/or Great explosiveness and cant wait see him in a bison jersey!

tjbison
01-13-2014, 02:12 AM
I trust the coaches to pick positions great weekend for the Herd, love the bond these kids made this weekend

pumped up Go Bison

westnodak93bison
01-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Curious to know how he got connected with NDSU. Not exactly in our traditional recruiting foot print.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MAKBison
01-13-2014, 02:17 AM
I can see him adding a lot of muscle, he has the frame for it. Could see him being on the end after a rs year.

HerdBot
01-13-2014, 02:24 AM
I could see him as a DE. Wasn't Perry originally listed as but I am not always the best at judging talent. He seems to have a great burst off of ball movement. I would agree if he is a dt, he needs to add some pounds. Either/or Great explosiveness and cant wait see him in a bison jersey!

He reminds me of Leevon Perry but right now is a prototypical sized DE. Leevon was 6-3 255 as a freshman and listed as a DE but moved inside later. We have some good DTs with Tanguay, Morgan, and Jacobson who spent a year with Kramer. Tough to say. Schaetz is the only rotation guy returning next year in the middle and he has played well but he's going to have to have his best off season if he's going to be the #1 guy.

Coaches will have a plan and I trust them.

NDSUstudent
01-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Blake said on Dizzo's Den that he had offers from Akron and Eastern Michigan. I definitely think he could fit the Perry mold once Kramer and the coaches get a hold of him.

tony
01-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Blake said on Dizzo's Den that he had offers from Akron and Eastern Michigan. I definitely think he could fit the Perry mold once Kramer and the coaches get a hold of him.

I was lucky enough to catch Dizzo's Den last night but it cut out a lot of the web. Sounds like his preliminary position is DT - he was talking about three-technique (and how he played it when he weighed 185.)

His size isn't an issue. I mean, coming in as a freshman Matt Gratzek was 6-3, 250 and people were talking about him being a LB. And then he played as a true freshman. Of course, Matt was a throwback.

Of all the positions on the team, the interior of the DL seems the most untested, so the young folks need to step up (hopefully Farnlof will have recovered completely - really want to see him play.)

coloradobison
01-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Curious to know how he got connected with NDSU. Not exactly in our traditional recruiting foot print.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Polasek was recruiting him to NIU but they were full at TE so he said to check NDSU. Ertz was recruiting him to WIU right before he got the job here. He laid that out on Dizzo's Den last night and it's in Kolpacks column today.

coloradobison
01-14-2014, 01:50 PM
I was lucky enough to catch Dizzo's Den last night but it cut out a lot of the web. Sounds like his preliminary position is DT - he was talking about three-technique (and how he played it when he weighed 185.)

His size isn't an issue. I mean, coming in as a freshman Matt Gratzek was 6-3, 250 and people were talking about him being a LB. And then he played as a true freshman. Of course, Matt was a throwback.

Of all the positions on the team, the interior of the DL seems the most untested, so the young folks need to step up (hopefully Farnlof will have recovered completely - really want to see him play.)

Saw some tweets (twits?) from him that made it sound like he was ready to go. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Mr. Burgundy
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Saw some tweets (twits?) from him that made it sound like he was ready to go. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Farnlof gets cleared on the 13th. Expects that to go well and he is full go from here on out. Tough injury, but he feels healthy and ready to go. He weighs 281. Built like an ox. He is thick.

BisonNeil
01-14-2014, 05:31 PM

No, he didn't. Matt redshirted.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1688&path=football

tony
01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
No, he didn't. Matt redshirted.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1688&path=football

Hey, do not let facts stand in the way of a me making a point here. :)

People are too fixated on height and weight.

SamsRams
01-14-2014, 09:43 PM
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/92399/group/Sports/

Interesting to hear the shout out he gave to bisonation

HerdBot
01-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Farnlof gets cleared on the 13th. Expects that to go well and he is full go from here on out. Tough injury, but he feels healthy and ready to go. He weighs 281. Built like an ox. He is thick.

Good to hear. Same size as Brian Schaetz. Heck he could probably be closer to 300 come August. It will been 15 months since the injury come fall camp so hopefully his will be full strength. This is a good opportunity for him. He's needed

Bison 4 Life
01-14-2014, 11:30 PM

That was a really good bit. Good job!

FFBison
01-15-2014, 03:04 AM
So awesome that Polasek had recruited him at NIU...didn't work out there, but his Bison roots got him to talk to NDSU. If I have the timing right, this was long before Polasek would have realized that there would be an opportunity for him back at NDSU. Once a Bison, Always a Bison!!

Herd890
01-15-2014, 09:40 AM

Awesome interview and story of how Blake got here. Agree on the Bisonation Twitter plug as well and shows how this work impacts recruits!

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2014, 12:58 PM
So awesome that Polasek had recruited him at NIU...didn't work out there, but his Bison roots got him to talk to NDSU. If I have the timing right, this was long before Polasek would have realized that there would be an opportunity for him back at NDSU. Once a Bison, Always a Bison!!

Seriously, could this staff have come together any more perfectly?

EC8CH
01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Seriously, could this staff have come together any more perfectly?

A lot yet to be proven, but on paper it seems the Bison have made it through Bohl's leaving in the best way possible.

The new coaching staff looks like the best case scenario, and if all the recruits who have verbalized come through it would seem that recruiting will not have missed a step.

Kudos to Taylor and the staff that has stayed for making the most out of a difficult situation.

Herd12
01-15-2014, 02:12 PM
The Geneus will lead us.

Kermit
01-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Blake Williams just tweeted that he was invited to play in the Michigan vs Ohio all-star game!

westnodak93bison
01-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Blake Williams just tweeted that he was invited to play in the Michigan vs Ohio all-star game!

Now that is impressive! I did a quick search to see if the roster was available but didn't find one. Would be cool to see the roster with each player's school of choice.

BisonNeil
01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
I posted this in the summary, but my sources in Michigan tell me that Williams just got re-offered by Northern Illinois (perhaps they got a de-commit?) and Miami. Not sure if the later is Florida or Ohio. The Michigan people say Florida but I seriously doubt that.

Who's the next DT on the board?

EC8CH
01-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Hope he stays committed to the Bison, but I can see why he is getting other FBS offers as his highlights are very impressive. Looks very smart and assignment sound.

dragonsfan
01-22-2014, 03:30 PM
FBS vs NDSU battle again huh

Bison Dan
01-22-2014, 04:18 PM
I posted this in the summary, but my sources in Michigan tell me that Williams just got re-offered by Northern Illinois (perhaps they got a de-commit?) and Miami. Not sure if the later is Florida or Ohio. The Michigan people say Florida but I seriously doubt that.

Who's the next DT on the board? Hope Williams asks NIU how many fans they brought to their bowl game!

dragonsfan
01-22-2014, 04:28 PM
At the orange bowl in 2013? Sorry but orange bowl is slightly better than fc dallas

56BISON73
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
At the orange bowl in 2013? Sorry but orange bowl is slightly better than fc dallas

You would think so. But not really. Ever been there?

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 04:48 PM
You would think so. But not really. Ever been there?

I wouldn't think so. Bowl games are just an extra non-conference game. In the big picture they are completely meaningless and are propped up only by the media and tradition.

56BISON73
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't think so. Bowl games are just an extra non-conference game. In the big picture they are completely meaningless and are propped up only by the media and tradition.

Its really not all thats it cracked up to be. Plus Miami sucks. 5 lanes of traffic going one way at a dead stop 12:30 am. Really. Car got broke in to.
Tailgate town you paid 20.00 to get in then you had to pay for shit cold food. The whole set up was bad. Tailgate was meh.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2014, 05:10 PM
First of all, this is Miami of Ohio. Second of all, you guys are talking about Miami and parking prices, cold food....you know what recruits are being sold to the REAL Miami? SOUTHBEACH! These guys are 18.....not retired. Back to the context of this thread, because I am that guy, it does appear we are trying to firm up his commit with these recent offers. Impressive young man. Plenty of options. Getting that invite to the Ohio/Michigan game didn't help our cause.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 05:11 PM

And I should add that it's a stupid tradition not a good one. The whole bowl joke would quickly be forgotten if a real FCS style playoffs were installed.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Stick around Blake and play for something with an end goal (championship). Also over the course of your career at NDSU you would get to play more games and a lot more football than at any FBS school in the country due to all the extra playoff games. Recent Bison grads played close to a seasons more football than most FBS programs.

EC8CH
01-22-2014, 05:19 PM
I was curious how the NIU atmosphere compared to the Fargodomes....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xzry1834eQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not so much.

The atmosphere at their Christmas plant bowl game compared equally well to this years FCS Championship game.

EndZoneQB
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
First of all, this is Miami of Ohio. Second of all, you guys are talking about Miami and parking prices, cold food....you know what recruits are being sold to the REAL Miami? SOUTHBEACH! These guys are 18.....not retired. Back to the context of this thread, because I am that guy, it does appear we are trying to firm up his commit with these recent offers. Impressive young man. Plenty of options. Getting that invite to the Ohio/Michigan game didn't help our cause.

Yeah, and that should say something to him. He wasn't good enough for them the first time around, invited to all-star game "Oh hi Blake, we have an offer for you". I know that's how it works, but as a kid, that would chap my ass.

Mayville Bison
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Stick around Blake and play for something with an end goal (championship). Also over the course of your career at NDSU you would get to play more games and a lot more football than at any FBS school in the country due to all the extra playoff games. Recent Bison grads played close to a seasons more football than most FBS programs.

You realize most teams that played for a conference championship play 14 games a year, right? Yes, 15>14, but NIU has played a total of 3 less games in that stretch. Agreed on your first statement though. Playoffs>Bowl any day

Yeah, and that should say something to him. He wasn't good enough for them the first time around, invited to all-star game "Oh hi Blake, we have an offer for you". I know that's how it works, but as a kid, that would chap my ass.

Completely agree. I would think those that were around the entire time would have a huge advantage, but money/FBS status speaks louder than that commitment with a lot of these kids. Like you said, that's just how it works

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
You realize most teams that played for a conference championship play 14 games a year, right? Yes, 15>14, but NIU has played a total of 3 less games in that stretch. Agreed on your first statement though. Playoffs>Bowl any day

Completely agree. I would think those that were around the entire time would have a huge advantage, but money/FBS status speaks louder than that commitment with a lot of these kids. Like you said, that's just how it works

I know NDSU has played more football games in the past few years than any other D1 team. I didn't check NIU but a few weeks ago I added up and compared us against a Big10 team in that span that went to 2 bowl games and we had played 7 more games. Most college teams don't play for conference championships and even fewer teams do so every season. Many don't even make bowl games thus I do think it is worth bringing out the fact that Bison players get to play more football in their college experience than guys at FBS schools.

westnodak93bison
01-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Final Sagarin. NDSU #17 with 86.38 rating , Miami-Ohio #224(one above UN_) with 35.24 rating - NDSU is 51 points better! No brainer decision imho.
Northern Illinois #59 with 71.86 rating - NDSU is 14 points better.

Mayville Bison
01-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I know NDSU has played more football games in the past few years than any other D1 team. I didn't check NIU but a few weeks ago I added up and compared us against a Big10 team in that span that went to 2 bowl games and we had played 7 more games. Most college teams don't play for conference championships and even fewer teams do so every season. Many don't even make bowl games thus I do think it is worth bringing out the fact that Bison players get to play more football in their college experience than guys at FBS schools.

I used NIU as the example because it appears that Williams' decision is between NDSU and NIU. For those kids deciding between Minnesota, SDSU, Wyoming, etc. and NDSU, sure you can make that argument. But for Williams, the argument isn't valid.

If a coach can convince a recruit that NDSU will always be in the championship game, he should have already won - no need to bring up playing 7 more games over 4 years especially if you are going against a school that doesn't qualify for a bowl game regularly. If a recruit wants to play for a perennial 5-7 team over a 3x national champ, NDSU never had a shot to begin with as they eliminated FCS from the discussion a long time ago.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
I used NIU as the example because it appears that Williams' decision is between NDSU and NIU. For those kids deciding between Minnesota, SDSU, Wyoming, etc. and NDSU, sure you can make that argument. But for Williams, the argument isn't valid.

If a coach can convince a recruit that NDSU will always be in the championship game, he should have already won - no need to bring up playing 7 more games over 4 years especially if you are going against a school that doesn't qualify for a bowl game regularly. If a recruit wants to play for a perennial 5-7 team over a 3x national champ, NDSU never had a shot to begin with as they eliminated FCS from the discussion a long time ago.

I guess it depends on the person's mentality. Personally I would want to play more games. It's 4 years and most of them will not play a down of pro ball (though there is nothing wrong with working toward that) so give me every last practice, game, and down possible alongside my buddies. I don't really understand the FBS fervor. If stacked side by side what do most FBS teams offer that Ndsu does not? I know I do think differently though than many kids coming out of highschool...starting with the fact that FBS doesn't impress me at all. I do enjoy playing them to show they arent all theyre cracked up to be but I honestly have very mixed emotions about moving up. Unless they get a real playoff I don't think I would want us to.

Mayville Bison
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I guess it depends on the person's mentality. Personally I would want to play more games. It's 4 years and most of them will not play a down of pro ball (though there is nothing wrong with working toward that) so give me every last practice, game, and down possible alongside my buddies. I don't really understand the FBS fervor. If stacked side by side what do most FBS teams offer that Ndsu does not? I know I do think differently though than many kids coming out of highschool...starting with the fact that FBS doesn't impress me at all. I do enjoy playing them to show they arent all theyre cracked up to be but I honestly have very mixed emotions about moving up. Unless they get a real playoff I don't think I would want us to.

Completely agree with everything you just said - comradarie angle is a little different than where I thought you were going.

dragonsfan
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't really understand the FBS fervor. If stacked side by side what do most FBS teams offer that Ndsu does not?
You're 17-18 and watch ESPN everyday of course you want the allure of FBS , being in the highest level you can reach. NIU was in the orange bowl and had 3 games on ESPN (not U or espn3.com) it's really that simple for a 17-18year old, they talk to thier buddy's brag that they got a FBS offer.

Kermit
01-22-2014, 09:25 PM
NDSU has signed quite a few kids with MAC offers in recent years. I don't recall that we've landed a kid with an offer from NIU, but there is always a first.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 10:33 PM
You're 17-18 and watch ESPN everyday of course you want the allure of FBS , being in the highest level you can reach. NIU was in the orange bowl and had 3 games on ESPN (not U or espn3.com) it's really that simple for a 17-18year old, they talk to thier buddy's brag that they got a FBS offer.

I know for a fact typical fbs allure isnt true for all 18 year olds because I thought much about it (including bowl games) was dumb. It is a media created perception that I'm going to freely criticize even if no one listens. Reality is that no one will remember or care about those few games they played in on national tv. When the smoke clears Bison players will have gotten to do more of what recruits will crave to do more of once their time is up...play football. Supposed fbs "advantages" are largely a mere media created mirage. I guarantee the college experience of current Bison players has been fuller, more football active and exciting than most fbs experiences. When all is said and done and FBS season has ended, FBS players all across the country get to sit on their duffs watching NDSU on espn playing for the only legitimate championship in D1. And NDSU has gotten air time but it has been earned by play on the field not conference affiliation ;)

56BISON73
01-22-2014, 10:39 PM
I know for a fact typical fbs allure isnt true for all 18 year olds because I thought much about it (including bowl games) was dumb. It is a media created perception that I'm going to freely criticize even if no one listens. Reality is that no one will remember or care about those few games they played in on national tv. When the smoke clears Bison players will have gotten to do more of what recruits will crave to do more of once their time is up...play football. Supposed fbs "advantages" are largely a mere media created mirage. I guarantee the college experience of current Bison players has been fuller, more football active and exciting than most fbs experiences. When all is said and done and FBS season has ended, FBS players all across the country get to sit on their duffs watching NDSU on espn playing for the only legitimate championship in D1. And NDSU has gotten air time but it has been earned by play on the field not conference affiliation ;)

Well done!

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:02 PM
To 18 year old kids, FBS will always be the holy trinity over FBS. Hell, most of those kids honestly think FBS is like a Division 2.

Sure you have exceptions, but I don't understand why, within the argument of 1 or the other, people try to rationalize with what they would want individually, and not what a general perception of 18 year old kids want. I know I would get more games at NDSU, I know it's quality football and there are still prospects for the NFL, I know we could bring out the can of whoop-ass on the majority of FBS teams, I know we have the playoffs and actually play for championship, but I also know that an 18 year old kid isn't going to give jack shit about stuff like that.

steelbison
01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
NDSU has signed quite a few kids with MAC offers in recent years. I don't recall that we've landed a kid with an offer from NIU, but there is always a first.

Kermit. I believe Joe Horvath rec a NiU offer a week before signing day. He mentioned it when he did his first interview on KFGO I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

CAS4127
01-22-2014, 11:06 PM
To 18 year old kids, FBS will always be the holy trinity over FBS. Hell, most of those kids honestly think FBS is like a Division 2.

Sure you have exceptions, but I don't understand why, within the argument of 1 or the other, people try to rationalize with what they would want individually, and not what a general perception of 18 year old kids want. I know I would get more games at NDSU, I know it's quality football and there are still prospects for the NFL, I know we could bring out the can of whoop-ass on the majority of FBS teams, I know we have the playoffs and actually play for championship, but I also know that an 18 year old kid isn't going to give jack shit about stuff like that.

IMO you are correct provided the scholly offer is the same. THAT does make a difference for a lot of kids who don't come from money. I know it did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 11:14 PM

Why would I run with a perception just because its a more commonly accepted perception? Especially if its a dumb perception? I have influenced others perceptions on occasion by offering mine...can't hurt to try. I think more people all the time grow dissatisfied with the FBS postseason (or lack thereof) and a 4-gamer isn't going to solve the issue. Why not state why I think FCS is better?

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:14 PM
IMO you are correct provided the scholly offer is the same. THAT does make a difference for a lot of kids who don't come from money. I know it did for me.

Agreed. I don't think kids don't think they would like NDSU, all think with all things equal they will look up to that FBS offer. If they don't get one they would be happy to be in a program like NDSU.

steelbison
01-22-2014, 11:16 PM

Couldn't disagree more. If that was the case we would get zero players with FBS offers and we have had several play at NDSU

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Why would I run with perception just because its a more commonly accepted perception? Especially if its a dumb perception? I have influenced others perceptions on occasion by offering mine...can't hurt to try. I think more people all the time grow dissatisfied with the FBS postseason (or lack thereof) and a 4-gamer isn't going to solve the issue. Why not state why I think FCS is better?

I don't think kids give a second thought to the playoffs or bowl game argument, otherwise we would see more 2 star calibur players spurn FBS for FCS. That has yet to happen, even with the little push that App St experienced in recuriting after their 3peat that diminshed after about 2 years.

Also, I get your opinion about FCS being greater than FBS. I agree with it mostly myself. I don't for one second think kids even give it a thought. FCS is like a second division to them. I've worked with them far too long in a coaching capacity to know they will never get past the diamonds and emeralds argument of style over substance.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Couldn't disagree more. If that was the case we would get zero players with FBS offers and we have had several play at NDSU

What would you say the ratio is of kids with both an NDSU offer and FBS offer have chosen NDSU over FBS? And this ratio obviously wouldn't even include probably the countless number of kids NDSU gave up recruiting knowing it would have no chance against FBS offers in the past.

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't think kids give a second thought to the playoffs or bowl game argument, otherwise we would see more 2 star calibur players spurn FBS for FCS. That has yet to happen, even with the little push that App St experienced in recuriting after their 3peat that diminshed after about 2 years.

Also, I get your opinion about FCS being greater than FBS. I agree with it mostly myself. I don't for one second think kids even give it a thought. FCS is like a second division to them. I've worked with them far too long in a coaching capacity to know they will never get past the diamonds and emeralds argument of style over substance.

The more people point out the error of that mentality the more it is likely to change...especially when they see schools like NDSU dish out beat downs of FBS schools. Maybe kids read or hear conversation like this one and it gets them thinking a bit...ya never know

steelbison
01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
What would you say the ratio is of kids with both an NDSU offer and FBS offer have chosen NDSU over FBS? And this ratio obviously wouldn't even include probably the countless number of kids NDSU gave up recruiting knowing it would have no chance against FBS offers in the past.

Just so I'm clear. If it is a BCS conference very little chance. Looks line Easton will be the first. Other conferences? Not sure the percentage but the last few years we have added several.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
The more people point out the error of that mentality the more it is likely to change...especially when they see schools like NDSU dish out beat downs of FBS schools. Maybe kids read or hear conversation like this one and it gets them thinking a bit...ya never know

My hope is someday NDSU could be special in regards to the argument - they have pulled in some pretty impressive kids, like Stick and others. Sustained success would certainly create a pipeline through that thought.

steelbison
01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Back on topic. Best if luck to Blake. He will make the best decision for himself and his family!

ZHerd
01-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Just so I'm clear. If it is a BCS conference very little chance. Looks line Easton will be the first. Other conferences? Not sure the percentage but the last few years we have added several.

That number will hopefully grow due to NDSU's success and atmosphere and hopefully some perception change as well.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM

Yes I do think there's always exceptions to the rule. We've seen kids spurn NDSU for D2 or 3 although those are fewer and farther between. I think kids may think about NDSU a little more when comparing different class offers. I think the other FCS schools not so much.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Best of Luck to Blake. Hope he agrees to become a Champion.

EndZoneQB
01-22-2014, 11:40 PM

The first with BCS offers? Yeah, no lol. We've beaten Pittsburgh(x2, maybe 3?) and Colorado. And now Rutgers.

I think NDSU gets different consideration because of it's traditions and fanbase. It's a big time fanbase...some kids are just as happy in front of 19k loud fans as they are in a bigger stadium with less atmosphere. Most of these kids love playing ball, but it's no secret that it's entirely way more fun when you are good and have awesome fans. Losing blows, but sometimes the kid will look at it as a chance to turn around a team(whether they look at other recruits or not) instead of getting lost in a tradition. On the flipside, if, like in the case of this class, the class is self-aware of it's potential to be great, it can recruit itself and snowball into something bigger than you can imagine.

The fact NDSU is still in the conversation is good enough for me, honestly. He'll make his decision based on what's best for him.

Kermit
01-23-2014, 12:14 AM
Kermit. I believe Joe Horvath rec a NiU offer a week before signing day. He mentioned it when he did his first interview on KFGO I believe.

Great, there is a precedent! Thanks.

Kermit
01-23-2014, 12:16 AM

Justin Juckem had offers from Washington State and Boston College.

EndZoneQB
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Justin Juckem had offers from Washington State and Boston College.

Theres the one I missed.

BisonNeil
01-23-2014, 01:53 AM

That's not true. Justin Juckem had a BCS offer, also BC I think. Ambrosius this past year turned down Pitt, as did Collins this year. I may have the names wrong for the schools, but Stick is certainly not the first.

NDSUstudent
01-23-2014, 02:10 AM
Klieman at Blake's basketball game...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeohF1FIUAAViLM.jpg

https://twitter.com/Williams1Blake/status/426189499144867841

Herd890
01-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Wow. Couldn't ask for a better sign of commitment than this photo. Great to see. Really excited about seeing this kid run out of the helmet on Saturdays!

Herd12
01-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Blake just tweeted a picture of him with Klieman at his basketball game. I don't see a decommitment imminent

SamsRams
01-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Blake just tweeted a picture of him with Klieman at his basketball game. I don't see a decommitment imminent

Fully stands by ndsu. Prefers the fbs dont get reported

unbison
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
the thing one has to remember when neil reports something is that he usually has pretty solid info .................he just is a glass half empty type of fella

Herd12
01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
the thing one has to remember when neil reports something is that he usually has pretty solid info .................he just is a glass half empty type of fella

I'm not discrediting what he said, as it seems SamsRams is saying that the other offers are legitimate, though Blake doesn't want them publicized. It just appears that the coaching staff and Blake are committed to each other.

Side note- f*ck yeah Coach K! I really hope I'm not wrong on this guy but I think he "gets it"

steelbison
01-23-2014, 01:30 PM
That's not true. Justin Juckem had a BCS offer, also BC I think. Ambrosius this past year turned down Pitt, as did Collins this year. I may have the names wrong for the schools, but Stick is certainly not the first.

You are correct. I thought I typed in b10. Should always double check your post. Great pic on Blake! Can't wait to watch him play!!

Kermit
01-23-2014, 02:31 PM

Minor correction, and it doesn't change Neil's point, but it was Nick Jacobsen, not Brad Ambrosius, who had an offer from Pitt last year.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Jacobsen-133230

BisonNeil
01-25-2014, 05:13 PM

Ha!

I do really want this kid. Love his videos and the aggression. Prototypical Bison DL kind of guy.

As I posted in the recruiting thread, perhaps the biggest threat isn't the FBS offers from MAC schools, but the PWO offer from Michigan. Sure hope he signs with the Bison.

Herd12
01-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Any update on Blake this offseason? I know he was very highly regarded. Was listed in the program this season as being 242 lbs. To be considered for part of the DT rotation I would say he would need to a minimum of 260. Anyone hearing anything as far as his performance in practice/weight gain this season?

BisonNeil
01-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Any update on Blake this offseason? I know he was very highly regarded. Was listed in the program this season as being 242 lbs. To be considered for part of the DT rotation I would say he would need to a minimum of 260. Anyone hearing anything as far as his performance in practice/weight gain this season?

He had a severe high ankle sprain coming into fall camp he sustained playing lacrosse (something he was not supposed to do after he signed) which really hindered his development on the field and in the weight room. That is all I know. I hope the kid sticks though. None of the other MI kids have but the Bison need to develop depth on the DL like they used to have.

HerdBot
01-20-2015, 07:40 PM
He had a severe high ankle sprain coming into fall camp he sustained playing lacrosse (something he was not supposed to do after he signed) which really hindered his development on the field and in the weight room. That is all I know. I hope the kid sticks though. None of the other MI kids have but the Bison need to develop depth on the DL like they used to have.

The kid looks like a beast on tape and I was super excited when we signed him. Let's hope he has an amazing off season

westnodak93bison
01-29-2015, 03:56 AM
The kid looks like a beast on tape and I was super excited when we signed him. Let's hope he has an amazing off season
Anyone knows how he is doing "in the weight room/food intake dept"?

Jay
12-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Nice article here by Kolpack on Blake and his family -

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/932603-Fargo-has-been-second-home-for-Bison-defensive-lineman-Williams-and-his-family

Alsen
12-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Another really great story. Thanks man.

Thank God he is a full go Friday night. I just re-watched the earlier game against SDSU and Blake Williams had a huge game against them. Huge! You don't notice the dirty work DT's do inside all that often, but he was doing all that and making some pretty amazing plays outside as well.

We need him strong and healthy. Pray for him if you do that kind of thing. God Bless Blake Williams!