PDA

View Full Version : Names on Jerseys

ACECON
01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Has NDSU ever done this, thought about it?

TransAmBison
01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Has NDSU ever done this, thought about it?Never. The name on the front of the jersey is what counts.

Tatanka
01-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Never. The name on the front of the jersey is what counts.

this

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

WFBisonFan
01-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't doubt if it had been brought up..........but no way it will happen. It's never happened in football, and I don't believe it's ever been in basketball either. Anyone know for sure?

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2014, 01:11 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OHwG7qwD5Aw/UCLLA7MZGYE/AAAAAAAAAa8/k-pW1Of9Y8Y/s0-d/ConsuelaFromFamilyGuy

17>1
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
gabe, is that you?

devin45k
01-11-2014, 02:29 PM
I love that they dont have names on the back of the jersey

A1pigskin
01-11-2014, 02:32 PM
This has been brought up before. The answer has been no so far.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I love that they dont have names on the back of the jersey

Me to. Its about the team and respect for the history of the program.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gully
01-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Not picking on ACECON because he's a new poster, but I wonder how many times this has been brought up on here? It has to be in the dozens. I hope the answer always stays "NO". Looks at the teams with the big stars and stats and compare them to NDSU's TEAM. I'll take NDSU's system every time.

A1pigskin
01-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Not picking on ACECON because he's a new poster, but I wonder how many times this has been brought up on here? It has to be in the dozens. I hope the answer always stays "NO". Looks at the teams with the big stars and stats and compare them to NDSU's TEAM. I'll take NDSU's system every time.

It has been several and the answer was very logical.

bisonhp330
01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Has NDSU ever done this, thought about it?

NO AND NO. Next question.

Synergism: the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
TEAM not individuals.

cbline
01-11-2014, 02:54 PM
"No" on the question about names, and "No" on any potential questions about retiring jersey numbers. To paraphrase Gen. MacArthur: it's all about "the team, the team, the team."

SafeTeeJ
01-11-2014, 03:02 PM
...pride...

marenlee
01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Northern Iowa has names on their jerseys. Look where that has gotten them! :D

coldspot
01-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Northern Iowa has names on their jerseys. Look where that has gotten them! :D

a garage door and some paint on the wall in an oversized wrestling facility

SoCalBison
01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Best thing about the Bison is the "team" ethos...and no-name jerseys may contribute to that, so NO!

Herd
01-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Putting names on Jerseys and chasing the next crase of uniform designs go together, and I hope that is never pursued by NDSU. We'll leave that to wannabees like Northern Illinois. While I love the USA, Northerms unis in 2013 were gad awful.

Rest assured that Wymoming's days of chasing uniforms are over too. ha-ha, Bohl won't have any of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the names were gone at WY too.

HerdBot
01-11-2014, 04:07 PM
No names in jerseys ever!

heffray
01-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Putting names on Jerseys and chasing the next crase of uniform designs go together, and I hope that is never pursued by NDSU. We'll leave that to wannabees like Northern Illinois. While I love the USA, Northerms unis in 2013 were gad awful.

Rest assured that Wymoming's days of chasing uniforms are over too. ha-ha, Bohl won't have any of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the names were gone at WY too.

I agree about UNI's jerseys, but I have to say that I love their matte finish helmets.

NDSU1980
01-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Never. The name on the front of the jersey is what counts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^MegaDIttos on this.^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's about the team, not individuals.

Pyroshane
01-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Rest assured that Wymoming's days of chasing uniforms are over too. ha-ha, Bohl won't have any of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the names were gone at WY too.I think it was Gene Taylor at an event that I heard say one time that they put the "name on jersey" option up to the team every season, and it gets voted down every season, but if the majority of the players wanted it, the names would be on the jerseys.

56BISON73
01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
I think it was Gene Taylor at an event that I heard say one time that they put the "name on jersey" option up to the team every season, and it gets voted down every season, but if the majority of the players wanted it, the names would be on the jerseys.

Have never heard that one before. If anything I have heard the exact opposite.

mnriverbison
01-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Have always thought that the "name on front is more important than the name on back" line was dumb. Many of the people saying this and talking about respect for the program were saying similar stuff about gold jerseys. Can anyone name an instance in history where a team regressed into selfishness because of the jerseys they wear?

TransAmBison
01-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Have always thought that the "name on front is more important than the name on back" line was dumb. Many of the people saying this and talking about respect for the program were saying similar stuff about gold jerseys. Can anyone name an instance in history where a team regressed into selfishness because of the jerseys they wear?
I'm all for the gold jerseys, but have never been for names on the back. Just the name on the back will not make players selfish, but it is one piece to the puzzle. Make sure all signs point to the team, not the individual. Look at how players even do their interviews. Think about Jensen deflecting praise to the defense. I remember a young Ojuri talking about himself and his accomplishments...he was reprogrammed and became a better player/teammate because of it.

CivilBison96
01-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Case in point, after the Florida State player returned the kick for a touchdown in the BCS championship game on the sideline he was hamming for the cameras turned and pointed to his name on the back of his jersey. Any real fan will know the player by there number, no need for a name in my opinion.

marenlee
01-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Let me start off by saying I don't want the names on the jerseys either. However with kids today, they want that recognition. They want the cool alternate jerseys, the names, and whatever else they can show off. It's sad that so many teams out there are going that route now (FBS). And a lot of schools are making uniforms more ridiculous to stand out. We probably won't see that at the FCS level anytime soon but it's the nature of the beast. I love that NDSU stays traditional and keeps the "old" ways. There are FBS programs out there like that too for the most part. I don't think we'll see any glow in the dark jerseys for USC, Alabama, Penn State or other traditional powers anytime soon. At least I hope not. Football has already changed so much in the past few years I really hate to see more shit hit the fan. Done rant. Need another Beam and Coke.

FFBison
01-12-2014, 01:02 AM
a garage door and some paint on the wall in an oversized wrestling facility

But did you see all their "made the playoffs" banners? :rofl:

marenlee
01-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Butt33conferencetitles