PDA

View Full Version : Bohl/Vigen trip to Oregon the weekend of the New Hampshire game?

DM05
01-07-2014, 02:45 AM
http://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1592136&PT=4&PR=2

"University of Wyoming Athletics Director Tom Burman confirmed that new Wyoming Head Coach Craig Bohl and incoming Wyoming offensive coordinator Brent Vigen both traveled to Oregon and Washington the weekend of December 21st and 22nd to visit both Smith and Thompson, and talk with them about the future of Cowboy Football."

Did the Fargo media know about this? Sure glad he stuck around, only to take Vigen on vacation during the playoffs...should've never finished the season. He has been thinking about the Wyoming job the entire time.

No_Skill
01-07-2014, 02:50 AM

"University of Wyoming Athletics Director Tom Burman confirmed that new Wyoming Head Coach Craig Bohl and incoming Wyoming offensive coordinator Brent Vigen both traveled to Oregon and Washington the weekend of December 21st and 22nd to visit both Smith and Thompson, and talk with them about the future of Cowboy Football."

Did the Fargo media know about this? Sure glad he stuck around, only to take Vigen on vacation during the playoffs...should've never finished the season. He has been thinking about the Wyoming job the entire time.

It's over and time to move on. I got what I wanted...#3

HerdBot
01-07-2014, 02:52 AM

^^ this ^^
In Klieman we trust

stevdock
01-07-2014, 02:53 AM
Yes they went AFTER the New Hampshire game when Bohl and Co. gave everyone time off for Christmas.

ndsansa
01-07-2014, 02:53 AM

Widely reported at the time and obviously didn't affect anything.

EndZoneQB
01-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Business as usual.

dewey
01-07-2014, 02:55 AM

100% agreed! Good luck to Bohl and company at Wyoming.

Dewey

Bisonator98
01-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Old news man try to keep up. We are already working on 2014.

56BISON73
01-07-2014, 02:56 AM

Really??? He multitasked and did a pretty good job of it. Nice try for drama.

SomeBeach
01-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Who the hell cares?! The team was ready, the plans were in place, they won the game... what Bohl did in his spare time is irrelevant.

GOBISON123
01-07-2014, 03:03 AM
Good luck to them , how could you convince a kid to play in a outdoor stadium like this, how can you expect fans to show up, :facepalm:

CAS4127
01-07-2014, 03:10 AM
Yes, we won, but my take is/was that we were not as well prepared on offense as we could and should have been. IMO, lack of total focus on game by Bohl and Vigen was evident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BisonTeacher
01-07-2014, 03:12 AM

Troll alert.

DM05
01-07-2014, 03:20 AM
I agree it makes no difference now, just didn't ever remember hearing anything about it. It does throw some bulls*** on Bohl's whole "I'm not talking about Wyoming, this is about the 2013 Bison" routine. Between this, his players that he allegedly cares so much for finding out on twitter, announcing during the playoffs (Wyoming should be elated to get him, so don't tell me they couldn't wait to announce....how much have we heard about all the things Wyoming is doing and all the recruits they are getting because they have a head coach), and his immature treatment of Klieman, it says alot about Craig Bohl as a person. Almost nothing can tarnish his legacy at NDSU, but he seemed a hell of a lot better 6 weeks ago.

SomeBeach
01-07-2014, 03:30 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;823469]Yes, we won, but my take is/was that we were not as well prepared on offense as we could and should have been. IMO, lack of total focus on game by Bohl and Vigen was evident.

Not disagreeing with you CAS... based on your experience, I respect your opinion... but what did you see/not see that made you feel we weren't as prepared as we should have been?

No_Skill
01-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Purple maybe?

CAS4127
01-07-2014, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;823469]Yes, we won, but my take is/was that we were not as well prepared on offense as we could and should have been. IMO, lack of total focus on game by Bohl and Vigen was evident.

Not disagreeing with you CAS... based on your experience, I respect your opinion... but what did you see/not see that made you feel we weren't as prepared as we should have been?

I felt we lacked rhythm in our play calling, that we were a bit more predictable than we have been throughout PO's, that we didn't stick to things when we appeared to get rolling, and that effing deep reverse we ran could have been a complete disaster, as I TD the other way--y the fuck would you run THAT play when having that field position, and run it to short side of the field. Don't think Brock had the option to check out of it, and had he called a TO, he probably would have got his ass chewed, but he still should have got out of that play somehow.

unbison
01-07-2014, 03:39 AM
I am pretty sure that no purple was intended offense wasn't sharp to start the game........ it worked its over its done and they are gone..............we have youthful enthusiasm in our coaching staff and im excited to see what these guys got for us

unbison
01-07-2014, 03:41 AM
[QUOTE=SunDog;823485]

I felt we lacked rhythm in our play calling, that we were a bit more predictable than we have been throughout PO's, that we didn't stick to things when we appeared to get rolling, and that effing deep reverse we ran could have been a complete disaster, as I TD the other way--y the fuck would you run THAT play when having that field position, and run it to short side of the field. Don't think Brock had the option to check out of it, and had he called a TO, he probably would have got his ass chewed, but he still should have got out of that play somehow.

lakes and I were behind the coaches on that play watched wentz look at his play list on his arm three times and ask the coach a question........ we knew something silly was coming

CAS4127
01-07-2014, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;823491]
lakes and I were behind the coaches on that play watched wentz look at his play list on his arm three times and ask the coach a question........ we knew something silly was coming

And I didn't see u slugs at BoneDaddy's in Sunday... Or 3rd Base. Wtf?!

Also, flee-flicker was not set up properly and there was no need to run it at that point. IMHO of course.

Kermit
01-07-2014, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=SunDog;823485]

Agree, especially about that reverse call. First thing out of my mouth was, "why did we run THAT play NOW?"

GOBISON123
01-07-2014, 04:03 AM
I am pretty sure that no purple was intended offense wasn't sharp to start the game........ it worked its over its done and they are gone..............we have youthful enthusiasm in our coaching staff and im excited to see what these guys got for us

Carson Wentz and team came back to Fargo at 1am Sunday and called our QB coach at 6:30am Sunday saying he was ready for practice, and our new QB coach told him to go back to sleep and come back at 10am....:rofl:

NDSU
01-07-2014, 04:14 AM
I agree it makes no difference now, just didn't ever remember hearing anything about it. It does throw some bulls*** on Bohl's whole "I'm not talking about Wyoming, this is about the 2013 Bison" routine. Between this, his players that he allegedly cares so much for finding out on twitter, announcing during the playoffs (Wyoming should be elated to get him, so don't tell me they couldn't wait to announce....how much have we heard about all the things Wyoming is doing and all the recruits they are getting because they have a head coach), and his immature treatment of Klieman, it says alot about Craig Bohl as a person. Almost nothing can tarnish his legacy at NDSU, but he seemed a hell of a lot better 6 weeks ago.

Post = 6

Nice follow up, troll much or wanna be Bison? Everything you posted is either old news or hearsay!

SomeBeach
01-07-2014, 04:18 AM

Nope. No Purple intended.

I agree that we weren't sharp to start and didn't seem to click in the first quarter... but this isn't the first time this year that that's happened. As brilliant as Brock was in total throughout the year, his passes weren't sharp early on.... do you blame that on the coaches, or on him? All year we've been a team that seems to make adjustments at halftime and then come out and blow the doors off. So, yes, slow to start ... but it didn't seem that atypical to me. Factor in that we were playing a pretty good team who wasn't rolling over... so again to my eyes, things weren't that out of the ordinary pattern for this team.

The goofy reverse? Totally agree. But I just can't label the coaching staff unprepared based on just that alone.

CAS4127
01-07-2014, 04:23 AM

I agree that we weren't sharp to start and didn't seem to click in the first quarter... but this isn't the first time this year that that's happened. As brilliant as Brock was in total throughout the year, his passes weren't sharp early on.... do you blame that on the coaches, or on him? All year we've been a team that seems to make adjustments at halftime and then come out and blow the doors off. So, yes, slow to start ... but it didn't seem that atypical to me. Factor in that we were playing a pretty good team who wasn't rolling over... so again to my eyes, things weren't that out of the ordinary pattern for this team.

The goofy reverse? Totally agree. But I just can't label the coaching staff unprepared based on just that alone.

Here's the thing tho, Towson's D was not as good as many of teams we played this year. Also, our D was the difference once again-->and Brock acknowledged that post-game:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/a6e6apyb.jpg

56BISON73
01-07-2014, 04:29 AM
We did score on our second possession correct? Then we were stopped on a goal line stand instead of taking the 3. I think the zebras were the reason for the poor flow of the game. Not to mention that both teams foot work was pretty tentative until they got used to playing on a dead cow pasture.

Lets also not forget that Towson came to play the game. There were times they played well and had us schemed correctly.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Bohl...........Vigen??? I am only interested in who is coaching the Bison......and they aren't.

Mr. Burgundy
01-07-2014, 05:05 AM

Brock's throw on 3rd and long on the first possession was a deep out to the Towson sideline that was flat out perfect and dropped.sun was in the freshman's eye.

bisonaudit
01-07-2014, 11:03 AM
We did score on our second possession correct? Then we were stopped on a goal line stand instead of taking the 3. I think the zebras were the reason for the poor flow of the game. Not to mention that both teams foot work was pretty tentative until they got used to playing on a dead cow pasture.

Lets also not forget that Towson came to play the game. There were times they played well and had us schemed correctly.

Going for it on 4th and goal was the correct choice. And we got the ball back on a short field and scored a TD on the next possession.

BisoninNWMN
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
We won the game....play calling was fine.

JMB
01-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Fire Vigen, Save........ never mind.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2014, 01:02 PM
The situation was handled fine.Putting in time is not necessarily the answer. Working smart is just as important as working "hard".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gizmo
01-07-2014, 01:50 PM
What if we had lost the NC game?

TransAmBison
01-07-2014, 01:51 PM
We didn't........

westnodak93bison
01-07-2014, 01:51 PM

WhAt if we would have went 3-8

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Why does anybody even care about this anymore? Its over. They are gone. We won. move on.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!

KansasBison
01-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Coaches generally with 2 weeks (may be bye week) of preparation time don't spend every single day on game perpetration and neither do the players. They may get a head start but much of the time they keep a pretty regular routine. Those extra days at a start of a bye week are generally spent recruiting, self evaluation or working on future gameplans/preparations.

It was perfect timing for those going to Wyoming to do a little future business and prepare themselves as a family for a future move. Again had plenty of time to focus and prepare for the game.

gizmo
01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
We didn't........

True. The crucifixion was stayed by the Bison special teams and defense.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Let's get on with something else. That was last season. Klieman has a Natty to win.

TransAmBison
01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
How about this thread gets shut down? Nothing good can come of it...

IBleedYellow
01-07-2014, 02:08 PM
We won. Shut the hell up!

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 02:10 PM
I am about ready to lock this thing............:facepalm:

BisonTeacher
01-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I am about ready to lock this thing............:facepalm:

Please and Thank you!

WYOBISONMAN