PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Class

SamsRams
01-07-2014, 02:07 AM
So unconfirmed reports (aka Izzo) have
Riley in Nebraska
Polasek in Wisconsin
Entz in Twin Cities

Goeser is recruiting coordinator and no specific location named but he has been Wisconsin and that state can use 2 guys

Seen nothing on Hedberg but reports of him in the St Louis and KC area

Cain seems to be all over the place but I wouldnt be surprised if he took an outlying state like Cali or Florida

I have a strong feeling this staff will consider FBS transfers more seriously than the previous staff.
Name to keep in mind, seeing King Frazier has left Nebraska

Kermit
01-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Riley in Nebraska
Polasek in Wisconsin
Entz in Twin Cities

Goeser is recruiting coordinator and no specific location named but he has been Wisconsin and that state can use 2 guys

Cain seems to be all over the place but I wouldnt be surprised if he took an outlying state like Cali or Florida

I have a strong feeling this staff will consider FBS transfers more seriously than the previous staff.

Klieman said in the press conference today that Hedberg would recruit ND and "western" Minnesota.
Cain recruited Missouri and Northern California for Wyo.

GOBISON123
01-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Riley in Nebraska
Polasek in Wisconsin
Entz in Twin Cities

Wyoming recruited mainly from Cali area and it did not work out for them, when they hired Bohl one of the main intangibles that was mentioned frequently was that his strong midwest recruiting skills. I dont think its a good idea to search in Cali for kids to continue the strong Missouri valley Defense first tradition.

Tony Almeida
01-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Wyoming recruited mainly from Cali area and it did not work out for them, when they hired Bohl one of the main intangibles that was mentioned frequently was that his strong midwest recruiting skills. I dont think its a good idea to search in Cali for kids to continue the strong Missouri valley Defense first tradition.
Agree. Stick with midwest.

NDSUstudent
01-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Florida and Cali can be a good place to get some skill guys this area of the country doesn't produce in vast quantities. I like that we've at least tried to get players from these areas under Bohl...with our recent success and expsoure we also aren't a complete unknown in these areas either.

Bisonwinagn
01-07-2014, 02:31 AM

They would only be going for the fast kids in CA similar to what they were doing in FL this year. They would only be going after a few recruits a year not a whole team.

Hammersmith
01-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Polasek was here for the bad years, right? If so, he has personal experience in what happens if you bring in too many "projects" at the same time. (hint: Best Buy & petitiongate)

GOBISON123
01-07-2014, 02:40 AM
They would only be going for the fast kids in CA similar to what they were doing in FL this year. They would only be going after a few recruits a year not a whole team.

Florida and Cali can be a good place to get some skill guys this area of the country doesn't produce in vast quantities. I like that we've at least tried to get players from these areas under Bohl...with our recent success and expsoure we also aren't a complete unknown in these areas either.

Its all good as long as we keep our core tradition intact , cuz...these kids ball till their shoulder separate, knee shreds into pieces or hamstring rips out (Beck, Jirik, Ryan Smith, Grant Olson...). You bring somebody from Cali all you gonna get is bitichin about the weather as soon as it goes +40

EndZoneQB
01-07-2014, 02:42 AM
I, too, think we can hit some of the outlying states for athletes we don't see around here. We aren't an unknown quantity anymore.

SamsRams
01-07-2014, 05:28 AM

So you will eat your words if Dereck Boles gets offered?

talent is talent, whether its big or small, whether is Orlando or Cavalier. If a kid is interested in NDSU and has the ability and drive to be a successful student athlete at NDSU he will get a chance. The core of the team needs to be midwest, I totally agree, but to say they should not recruit big men from Florida is not a fair statement.

td577
01-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Who is recruiting Wyoming? There has to be some talent there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

EndZoneQB
01-07-2014, 06:20 AM
So you will eat your words if Dereck Boles gets offered?

talent is talent, whether its big or small, whether is Orlando or Cavalier. If a kid is interested in NDSU and has the ability and drive to be a successful student athlete at NDSU he will get a chance. The core of the team needs to be midwest, I totally agree, but to say they should not recruit big men from Florida is not a fair statement.

Kid certainly looks the part playing at a powerhouse like Lakeland. Interesting. Do you think its imminent?

jarhead
01-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Riley in Nebraska
Polasek in Wisconsin
Entz in Twin Cities

I would love to see King Frazier toting the rock for the Herd. Get it done!!

SamsRams
01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Kid certainly looks the part playing at a powerhouse like Lakeland. Interesting. Do you think its imminent?

Gotta believe they want 2 DT's and a hybrid DT/DE so if one of three current guys with an offer doesn't choose ndsu i believe he is on the short list to be the next offer. I say this because Goeser contacted him recently. I don't see them reaching out to Florida kids at this point unless there is serious interest to offer.

EndZoneQB
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Gotta believe they want 2 DT's and a hybrid DT/DE so if one of three current guys with an offer doesn't choose ndsu i believe he is on the short list to be the next offer. I say this because Goeser contacted him recently. I don't see them reaching out to Florida kids at this point unless there is serious interest to offer.

Good point, this late in the game, it's the wrong time to be kicking tires, really.

Weird too, looking at their rivals profile for Lakeland, it doesn't even look like they have any superstars but were very good still.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Who is recruiting Wyoming? There has to be some talent there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nobody lives here..........and our antelope can run like hell but have no eligibility...... ;)

daddy daycare
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Can Grant Olson "recruit" for the program? I can't imagine a better person to be sitting in front of a HS SR. Sorry might be a dumb question, just not familiar with how it works.

BadlandsBison
01-07-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm curious if we'll start seeing more fbs transfers with the new staff. Can be good and bad I guess. Check our siu's website roster, good grief they are loaded with fbs transfers but can't reach the playoffs

BisonNeil
01-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Polasek was here for the bad years, right? If so, he has personal experience in what happens if you bring in too many "projects" at the same time. (hint: Best Buy & petitiongate)

You do remember don't you that the Best Buy fraud was the brain child of a kid from a well-to-do family from Minnetonka, right? Not sure he qualifies as a project.

Bison bison
01-07-2014, 11:41 PM
impossible - only poor people (==morally corrupt) steal.

MontBison
01-09-2014, 03:10 AM
I would love to see King Frazier toting the rock for the Herd. Get it done!!

We want Frazier! We want Frazier! Where you at wyo lets get this going

SamsRams
01-15-2014, 03:03 AM

Offer no longer coming for Boles as he just got offered and verballed to Boise.