PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Vaadeland Coming Back

ndsansa
01-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Kevin Vaadeland getting another year.

BisonNation11
01-07-2014, 02:07 AM
Kevin Vaadeland getting another year.

Excellent news! All the guy does is catch TD's! And he will add some needed depth and experience to a young team.

CHADSTAUS
01-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Great news.

Hammersmith
01-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Excellent news! All the guy does is catch TD's! And he will add some needed depth and experience to a young team.
I'm glad he and Grant Olson will still be with the team next year. One of my worries is whether the next group of student leaders is ready to go after the outgoing seniors have done the work for the past 3-4 years. Having a couple of them close by as a resource and who can see if things are slipping through the cracks could be the difference between a deep playoff run and a one-and-done.

ndsansa
01-07-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm glad he and Grant Olson will still be with the team next year. One of my worries is whether the next group of student leaders is ready to go after the outgoing seniors have done the work for the past 3-4 years. Having a couple of them close by as a resource and who can see if things are slipping through the cracks could be the difference between a deep playoff run and a one-and-done.

Couldn't agree more.

HerdBot
01-07-2014, 02:44 AM
That's huge!!! Looking at the depth chart, one of my big concerns was TE. Not from a talent standpoint, but experience!!! Now we get a guy who is a 6 year player and it becomes a strength. Wow how does that work. Medical?

Hammersmith
01-07-2014, 03:00 AM
That's huge!!! Looking at the depth chart, one of my big concerns was TE. Not from a talent standpoint, but experience!!! Now we get a guy who is a 6 year player and it becomes a strength. Wow how does that work. Medical?

Only way. No development redshirt year plus two years lost to injury. I don't know the particulars, but that's the way it usually works.

Bisonator98
01-07-2014, 03:01 AM
Sweet. Will be nice seeing Kevin out there again.

Kermit
01-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Only way. No development redshirt year plus two years lost to injury. I don't know the particulars, but that's the way it usually works.

Correct. Vaadeland had a season-ending knee injury (ACL) during summer camp his first year on campus. He had a long, complicated recovery and he was not medically cleared to play during his second year.

Losing 2 seasons to injury is essentially the only way a player can be granted a sixth year to complete four years of competition.

ndsansa
01-07-2014, 03:09 AM
14 returning starters now. That's not too shabby when you think of all of the reps the back-ups got this season too.

CAS4127
01-07-2014, 03:11 AM
14 returning starters now. That's not too shabby when you think of all of the reps the back-ups got this season too.

Leadership and experience will help, but I think his run blocking is even more important then those two things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HandoEX
01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
This is great news for #85 and the Bison!!!