PDA

View Full Version : just broke down on I29 @ exit 26 vermilion

runtheoption
01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
SO The Knoephla Express Just TooK A Crap. Anyone Coming Up I29 That Has Room For 2 PEople TO wAtertown And 7 More To FM Area? Call OR Text Me At 701 214 7943
WE Are At The Coffee Cup.

Pards Rule
01-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I'll send some USD coeds out to help 10-4!

Gully
01-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Stay safe.

BisonTeacher
01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Stay safe.

Omg....that sucks. Get home safe and get ma and pa home safe too!!

IzzyFlexion
01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I just lost my transmission on the Kansas Turnpike at exit 76 (about 70 miles north of Wichita)
Anyone coming up behind me anywhere?

runtheoption
01-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Got My Brother And His wife a Ride To Watertown. Still Looking For Help For My Parents, My Wife And Three Kids.

A1pigskin
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Got My Brother And His wife a Ride To Watertown. Still Looking For Help For My Parents, My Wife And Three Kids.

Are you staying warm?

StL Bison Fan
01-05-2014, 11:01 PM
We got a call from our friend mitch needing ride for a group His phone died. Is this you?

Mayville Bison
01-05-2014, 11:24 PM
SO The Knoephla Express Just TooK A Crap. Anyone Coming Up I29 That Has Room For 2 PEople TO wAtertown And 7 More To FM Area? Call OR Text Me At 701 214 7943

WE Are At The Coffee Cup.

just sent a text. Let me know if you need a ride for a few. If we can rearrange stuff in the back, maybe 3 people.

Sent from my WP8 using Tapatalk

IzzyFlexion
01-05-2014, 11:46 PM
finally found a tow to El Dorado, KS.
Wheeeee!!

Mayville Bison
01-06-2014, 12:22 AM
RTO and crew are good now. He wanted to say thanks to Bisonville!

MNLonghorn10
01-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Wheeeee!!

deep in the heart of meth country!

*clapclapclapclap*

BisonTeacher
01-06-2014, 12:38 AM

Thank you for letting us know. Safe travels to everyone else. Izzy too!!!

StL Bison Fan
01-06-2014, 12:41 AM

Great! Good to hear
As we were talking to him we had a flat. Right near a truckstop. Bison luck i guess.

Pards Rule
01-06-2014, 12:48 AM
WTF is going on out there!?!?!? And ANOTHER from DJRyko from another thread: Welp, blew a tire just outside of Stillwater. Limping back to town to get a hotel and stay the night, hopefully find a place to replace it and the other one that's basically shot tomorrow. Anybody passing by on I-35?

1st&TennBison
01-06-2014, 01:12 AM
Did RTO get picked up ?????

Gully
01-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Did RTO get picked up ?????

Yes, they are taken care of. I'm not sure who helped them, but they're good.

tjamz
01-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Longhorn, fire up the Frisco Cruiser and help these fools that chose unreliable methods of transportation! I would, but I'm in Texas.... and warm

Swaghook
01-06-2014, 01:28 AM
We learned our lesson last year when a bearing in our transmission went out in Sioux Falls, SD. Rented a car this year was a well spent $200.00

loudsilverado
01-06-2014, 01:30 AM
Quit driving shit boxes on bald tires and this kind of crap wouldn't happen.

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2014, 02:13 AM

Oh thank God. After not having heard it in at least a month, I almost forgot how fucking wealthy you are.

HandoEX
01-06-2014, 02:35 AM

Or stay home and talk shit about other's method of transportation?

MontBison
01-06-2014, 02:52 AM

Haha. Hando makes a good point too.

loudsilverado
01-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Or stay home and talk shit about other's method of transportation?

Dude, you are definitely in the running for biggest douche on BV, such a dick.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2014, 02:55 AM

I thought your line was funny..but so was his.

KSBisonFan
01-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Happy New Year, Bisonville!

CAS4127
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Happy New Year, Bisonville!

Thanks a lot, Jason. I haven't worked since before New Year, and then u have to go remind me. Hope my "rental unit" gets me to the airport on time in the morning. That one if the reasons I rentered her afterall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HandoEX
01-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Let's fight in the West Lot on Ssturday!

unbison
01-06-2014, 03:50 AM

I'll officiate ..... And loud silverdouche didn't make it

nfinn1728
01-06-2014, 04:47 AM
We learned our lesson last year when a bearing in our transmission went out in Sioux Falls, SD. Rented a car this year was a well spent $200.00
A thousand times this. Figure the maintenance required after a 2000 mile trip and the depreciation it's more than worth the $100 my buddy and I spent on our rental.

gobison
01-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Wheeeee!!
If you're handy, you can use your tire jack to take out the tranny yourself.

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
If you're handy, you can use your tire jack to take out the tranny yourself.

Tried it......
But if you'll recall, since my lifting device got wedged under the vehicle on Saturday I'm having trouble getting the jack off.

loudsilverado
01-06-2014, 01:19 PM

I wouldn't waste my time

X-Factor
01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
I saw enough vehicles broken down on the 20 minute drive from the airport. Stay save Bison

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

runtheoption
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Thanks to Bisonville for helping us out. The volume of offers for help (via phone calls, text messages, and PM's) from 1 post on here was amazing, and humbling.

I am going to name a few people here, and I hope they don't mind me putting this out there:

Thanks to Dennis Tweed of Tolna (and the rest of his crew), for picking up my brother and his wife and getting them to their vehicle in Watertown. All you Tolna and Larimore guys have been great to my family over the years (even Herd Mentality). That was very kind, as my bro had to get back to the Twin Cities so that the folks watching their kids could get to work on Monday.

Thanks to the Dura guys (assume they are brothers) + 1 other gentlemen that I didn't catch the name of...these guys happened to walk into the Coffee Cup, and I approached them and asked if they had room to get some people up north. They quickly responded with a "whatever you need", and made room for my Mom, my wife and our three kids. Knowing that they were in good hands was a good feeling. I know the Dura's 1st cousin, and they definitely represented their family very well!

Last, but not least, thanks to Mayville Bison, Mrs. Mayville Bison, and his M-I-L and F-I-L for making room for my Dad and I. These guys would not let us pay for any gas, and we had to practically fight with them to allow us to pay for their food in Sioux Falls. They insisted we pay it forward, which we will, and we will make sure you get all the knoephla soup you can handle the next time we serve it.

THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1998braves64
01-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Went swaghook route too after hearing their issues last year plus slightly better gas mileage more than made sense. Just over $200 comes out to $.10 a mile plus around $200 in gas works out to a total just over $.20 a mile!

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

1998braves64
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Tire issues probably stem from drastically different temps from Fargo to Dallas, tire pressure monitor system was reading 3-4 psi (driving) in Dallas.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Still in Wichita........

http://quixotando.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/planes-trains-automobiles-taxi.jpg?w=1024

56BISON73
01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Izzy
Keep us apprised of how you are doing. You need anything?

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Much appreciated PL.
So far, keepin' it together.
Gettin' more and more frustrating, but......gotta battle through.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Much appreciated PL.

Fingers crossed you start having some luck bud. Please keep us posted.

Bison Gal
01-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Hope you make it home safely and soon, Izzy.

bisonfanette
01-06-2014, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=IzzyFlexion- Gettin' more and more frustrating, but......gotta battle through.[/QUOTE]

I know it's not much, but if you need any help from the Hankinson area north... give a call.
(Or we could go to Watertown/Brookings to help you. We have vehicles.)

56BISON73
01-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Much appreciated PL.

If you need anything let me know.

CalBison97
01-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Much appreciated PL.

Frustrating I'm sure, bro, but luck will change soon! Here's hoping it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2014, 03:01 AM
Fingers crossed you start having some luck bud. Please keep us posted.

Hope you make it home safely and soon, Izzy.

I know it's not much, but if you need any help from the Hankinson area north... give a call.
(Or we could go to Watertown/Brookings to help you. We have vehicles.)

Frustrating I'm sure, bro, but luck will change soon! Here's hoping it does!

thanks y'all. (said in my best Texas drawl)

Bisonfan1
01-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Izzy, hope you got the " Eagles Live " 8 track out of the deck of the van before they crush it ? Also if you need anything ill do my best to help you out.

56BISON73
01-07-2014, 04:14 AM
Izzy, hope you got the " Eagles Live " 8 track out of the deck of the van before they crush it ? Also if you need anything ill do my best to help you out.

I may have to get the truck ready for a rescue mission.

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Should be leaving Wichita by 10 am.
Thanks to all that extended encouragement and offers of assistance.
Very much appreciate the support.

TransAmBison
01-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Drop the hammer!

Mayville Bison
01-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks to Bisonville for helping us out. The volume of offers for help (via phone calls, text messages, and PM's) from 1 post on here was amazing, and humbling.

I am going to name a few people here, and I hope they don't mind me putting this out there:

Thanks to Dennis Tweed of Tolna (and the rest of his crew), for picking up my brother and his wife and getting them to their vehicle in Watertown. All you Tolna and Larimore guys have been great to my family over the years (even Herd Mentality). That was very kind, as my bro had to get back to the Twin Cities so that the folks watching their kids could get to work on Monday.

Thanks to the Dura guys (assume they are brothers) + 1 other gentlemen that I didn't catch the name of...these guys happened to walk into the Coffee Cup, and I approached them and asked if they had room to get some people up north. They quickly responded with a "whatever you need", and made room for my Mom, my wife and our three kids. Knowing that they were in good hands was a good feeling. I know the Dura's 1st cousin, and they definitely represented their family very well!

Last, but not least, thanks to Mayville Bison, Mrs. Mayville Bison, and his M-I-L and F-I-L for making room for my Dad and I. These guys would not let us pay for any gas, and we had to practically fight with them to allow us to pay for their food in Sioux Falls. They insisted we pay it forward, which we will, and we will make sure you get all the knoephla soup you can handle the next time we serve it.

THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad we were able to help out RTO. Can't believe I passed on the opportunity for the case of Yuengling though - I guess I figured you had enough to worry about that the beer would be more important for you than me :)

Glad to hear you will be back on track, Izzy! Stay warm and be careful the closer you get to Fargo.

BisonTeacher
01-07-2014, 01:41 PM

There's (724) miles to (Fargo), we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybsc8CPpb1qgj4zoo2_r1_500.gif

LikeMothers
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Time to pop this in the 8-track!

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/110247/4ac188eb8f208_110247n.jpg

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2014, 04:07 PM
and............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
another major glitch.
fml
Hey UTH.....Your review of Baby Dolls in Topeka = noted.
Can you provide an opinion of the one in Wichita.??
I'm fixin' to go get schnockered!

Bisonfan1
01-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Time to pop this in the 8-track!

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/110247/4ac188eb8f208_110247n.jpg

OK LikeMothers, I have been blaming Izzy all year for lifting my "Frampton Comes Alive" 8 track, even returning his "Eagles Live" 8 track in hopes of a return favor. Now all along it was YOU !! You were the last person I suspected. Thats ok though, I lifted your "Aerosmith Rocks" cassette tape from your vehicle at tailgate this year. So there !!

Herd Mentality
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Pretty heart warming to hear stories like this. Not sure of a fanbase that would go so far out of their way to help somebody else they've never met. I was trapped in MSP for two days until I met 3 other people and without hesitation we all decided to rent a car and drive to Bismarck even though none of us knew each other, or even knew people in common. Hope everyone gets home soon who is still stranded out there.

EC8CH
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Pretty heart warming to hear stories like this. Not sure of a fanbase that would go so far out of their way to help somebody else they've never met. I was trapped in MSP for two days until I met 3 other people and without hesitation we all decided to rent a car and drive to Bismarck even though none of us knew each other, or even knew people in common. Hope everyone gets home soon who is still stranded out there.

Sure you guys know people in common:

Brock Jensen, Billie Turner, Grant Olsen.. etc etc etc :)

runtheoption
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Heartwarming, yes, but not knowing people in common? C'mon man, you weren't trying hard enough. I don't know if I've ever been in conversation with a NoDak'er, and failed at "1 degree of separation."

"Oh, you are from McClusky? Do you know.....from Denhoff?"

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Monday night I was like:

http://tinselblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/scarface-still-hr-6.jpg?w=300&h=200

Yesterday in the morning I was like:

http://tinselblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/scarface-still-hr-4.jpg?w=1052&h=

Last night I was like:

https://sangreallarp.wikispaces.com/file/view/cocaine-scarface-tbi.jpg/358600703/cocaine-scarface-tbi.jpg

This morning I was like:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDMF27F2CCpcaSOXKPK2Ym6Fcoj4RRx SvorD4a1XzLVZeWntIV7A

In about 20 minutes I'm gonna be like:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyv32cU2R11r5roieo1_500.gif

Tatanka
01-08-2014, 04:27 AM
You're gonna tell her to say hello to your little friend? Nice!

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

TateMosersneighbor
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM

I suppose the three others were Senators and you met them in the restroom? Weird.

Bisonfan1
01-08-2014, 11:57 PM
and............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
another major glitch.
fml
Hey UTH.....Your review of Baby Dolls in Topeka = noted.
Can you provide an opinion of the one in Wichita.??
I'm fixin' to go get schnockered!

Poor Izzy, had to wait for a windshield to come in before he got out of Witchita today, departed, and NOW we found out that he was accosted by a wandering transvestite by Kansas City about 1600 hours , and is now hostage in some bar called the BLUE OYSTER. All those men in black leather are not law enforcement Izzy, they are not your friends ! :biggrin:

IzzyFlexion
01-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Poor Izzy, had to wait for a windshield to come in before he got out of Witchita today, departed, and NOW we found out that he was accosted by a wandering transvestite by Kansas City about 1600 hours , and is now hostage in some bar called the BLUE OYSTER. All those men in black leather are not law enforcement Izzy, they are not your friends ! :biggrin:

So....are you saying that when that one gentleman asked me if I wanted to see his night stick...............................

TILIS-BisonFan
01-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Was it the newer clean model

56BISON73
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM

I thought it was a tranny problem?

IzzyFlexion
01-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Oh.........that was just chapter 1.:ranting:

56BISON73
01-09-2014, 05:39 AM

Cant wait to here this one.:biggrin:

LikeMothers
01-09-2014, 02:42 PM

Chapter 2

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/likem/bisonville%20misc/2013-09-20_ESPN_GameDay_8045_zpscce173b4.jpg

IzzyFlexion
01-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Got home late this afternoon.....plenty of time to hit the nudey bar.
Thanks for comin out SAV you gigantic muscular chunk of man meat!

Tatanka
01-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Chapter 2

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/likem/bisonville%20misc/2013-09-20_ESPN_GameDay_8045_zpscce173b4.jpg

looks more like chapter "number 2" to me.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.