PDA

View Full Version : Towson post game press conf

FFBison
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Anyone have a link to this? Can't seem to find one anywhere.

TigerFan54
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
here it is:

http://www.towsontigers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?SPSID=101455&SPID=12497&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21300&id=3152838&db_oem_id=21300

Jelo
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Other links

http://caafootball.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/caafb-in-frisco-fcs-championship-postgame/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Xn30H5gIk

1bizon1
01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Maybe it's my computer but this is tough to watch as it is constantly buffering......

SoCalBison
01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I read somewhere that the Towson players declined to have their photos taken with the trophy on Friday, because they thought they'd have plenty of time with it, once they won it on Saturday...major miscalculation on their part.

Jelo
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I read somewhere that the Towson players declined to have their photos taken with the trophy on Friday, because they thought they'd have plenty of time with it, once they won it on Saturday...major miscalculation on their part.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78776100/

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
A coach with a friggen earring.

Blocked FG or not, they weren't going to win that game!

loudsilverado
01-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Their coach looks like a douche

moosbah
01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Their coach looks like a douche

You might think so, but if you listen to him, he's actually a really good guy. By far one of the best coaches we've faced this year. He got the earring to show the the players that he can keep a commitment to them, as many are from pretty rough places and had no father figures. Yeah, very douchey. Nice call.

Bison 4 Life
01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
That linebacker said that we only got 4 plays to beat them? I guess he's an optimist but come on, man!

devin45k
01-06-2014, 03:32 PM
People complaining about the other coach is ridiculous IMO. He was nothing but complimentary to NDSU.

GOBISON123
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
That linebacker said that we only got 4 plays to beat them? I guess he's an optimist but come on, man!

His response was similar to what Sam Houston players said after their first loss against us. Not surprising.

EndZoneQB
01-06-2014, 04:08 PM
You might think so, but if you listen to him, he's actually a really good guy. By far one of the best coaches we've faced this year. He got the earring to show the the players that he can keep a commitment to them, as many are from pretty rough places and had no father figures. Yeah, very douchey. Nice call.

In his defense, he did say *looks* not *is* haha

yukon
01-06-2014, 09:15 PM

He was right, only 4 plays from being in it at the end, I think he was talking about the 4 touchdown plays they lost by.

td577
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, if EWU converts a 4th and 2 instead of going downfield with the post pattern, which actually was open so not necessarily a terrible call but bad execution, that game is over. Every game ever played can be dissected to the point where only a few plays actually have the greatest effect, but it is disingenuous for that guy to say the total body of south on Saturday didn't contribute to the success of those few plays.

They are trying to inject confidence in their boosters, team, and everyone else they are not as bad as 28 point loosers. I thought they had a decent gameplan, but they weren't disciplined enough to carry through or good enough to close when they needed to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thunder_Struck
01-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Would be nice to see/hear the entire Towson post game press conference instead of the edited links above. The NDSU post game presser seems to be the entire thing.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Would be nice to see them admit they got their asses handed to them. But no.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Would be nice to see them admit they got their asses handed to them. But no.

We beat them.....I sure don't expect that....the score said that.

cbline
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Heard it all before: butBama, butTripleOption.

New term after Towson: "butTotalYards".

bdg64
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Well he did say some good things before the game and in the press conference after the game, but during his weekly tv show he was a little different:

He said without the blocked FG and the INT they would have been up 17-7. Then he said in the second half that we were scared of their offense that is why we did not snap the ball until there was one second left on the play clock.

http://www.towsontigers.com/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21300&SPLASH_SET=YES&SPLASH_COOKIE_TIME=999999999999&SPLASH_SET=YES

In the TowsonSportsNetwork section click the Tiger Football report - Episode 14 season Finale

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Well he did say some good things before the game and in the press conference after the game, but during his weekly tv show he was a little different:

He said without the blocked FG and the INT they would have been up 17-7. Then he said in the second half that we were scared of their offense that is why we did not snap the ball until there was one second left on the play clock.

http://www.towsontigers.com/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21300&SPLASH_SET=YES&SPLASH_COOKIE_TIME=999999999999&SPLASH_SET=YES

In the TowsonSportsNetwork section click the Tiger Football report - Episode 14 season Finale

ok. whatever makes you feel better.

cbline
01-09-2014, 03:56 PM

This part gave me a good laugh! I guess that's why we did the same thing during the other three playoff blowouts, plus any other game you choose to look at from this past season.

unbison
01-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Wow, you guys are butthurt by a coach looking to put a positive spin on a game?

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
This part gave me a good laugh! I guess that's why we did the same thing during the other three playoff blowouts, plus any other game you choose to look at from this past season.

coachspeak, That's all this guy is is coachspeak. Sure, maybe nice guy or smart or whatever. He's all coachspeak.

BisonNation11
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
coachspeak, That's all this guy is is coachspeak. Sure, maybe nice guy or smart or whatever. He's all coachspeak.

He's a douche. I don't like him. That's my story

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
He's a douche. I don't like him. That's my story

I didn't dislike him before this. His super aloof attitude and half drunk delivery just irritates me.

EndZoneQB
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Wow, you guys are butthurt by a coach looking putting a positive spin on a game?

Yeah, no shit huh? I take it they've never watched the Bohl show lol

TransAmBison
01-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah, no shit huh? I take it they've never watched the Bohl show lolYeah, but we are not used to seeing explanations for losses...

EndZoneQB
01-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but we are not used to seeing explanations for losses...

That's true, lots of Johnny-come-latelys on this board... :)

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
positive spin is one thing. Shit talking the opponent is another.

bri-dog
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I didn't dislike him before this. His super aloof attitude and half drunk delivery just irritates me.

LOL -- I thought the same thing. Messed up hair, 2-day beard, and the way he moves his head makes him look like he just got home from the bar...

EC8CH
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM

"you could watch the demeanor of the opposing team and their fans change greatly after we drove right down the field and scored the first time. It was the... "oh my god they're not intimated by us, they are as good as we are, and this is going to be a football game"... yeah, I was still pretty buzzed at that point, but I don't remember thinking any of that.

"they were scared to death of our offense".... yeah.... sure.

butMoreYards... see two meaningless stalled drives in garbage time against a prevent defense.

Towson was a good team, noticeably more well rounded than other teams the Bison faced during this playoff (good rushing offense and better defense), but don't kind yourself. The 35-7 score perfectly reflects what type of game this was... not even close.

TransAmBison
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
That's true, lots of Johnny-come-latelys on this board... :)
That's okay too. Luckily we have basketball for now, but once that is done we will have less things to talk about and senior posters will quit posting (and post about quitting posting) because of the lack of focused posting, thereby creating the need for new posters to talk about such things as quality of posts, possible need to go FBS (new topic), where was the dance team this year, thoughts on a corner support-less Fargodome, 40-times, etc.

StL Bison Fan
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Everyone who has played the Bison and had Brock run that clock before the snap would think that he is making excuses or is a dolt that didn't watch tape. Pick one-either one is lame

EC8CH
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I'd like to know what he was thinking not calling a timeout on their drive at the end of the first half on second or third, but then calling one on fourth.

Or why he thought it was a good idea to have their backup QB punt the ball instead of.... you know, their punter.

TAILG8R
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM
I'd like to know what he was thinking not calling a timeout on their drive at the end of the first half on second or third, but then calling one on fourth.

Or why he thought it was a good idea to have their backup QB punt the ball instead of.... you know, their punter.

That one was such a terrible call, we ended up with the ball on their 35(give or take). If you don't trust your punter to handle the ball at the goal line or in the end zone at that point in the year, wow! I think there were a few times in the game he "outsmarted himself".

Ndsu84
01-09-2014, 04:41 PM
It is true he was really dumb for trying a field goal with a kicker who can't kick, or punting with a non punter and trying to pass with a qb and receiver who can't do it. So yes, if they had better kicker, punter, receiver, qb, linemen, dbacks, etc, etc, etc. they might have been able to win. But I don't think so, if the Bison were down 28 at half time, they would still win it in the fourth.

Bison bison
01-09-2014, 04:57 PM
This.

Did we need to put another 28 on the scoreboard to let them know they were getting their a##es beat?

cbline
01-09-2014, 05:27 PM
This.

Did we need to put another 28 on the scoreboard to let them know they were getting their a##es beat?

Well, considering how the previous three playoff games went, staying within 28 points WAS an accomplishment. Yes, Towson went toe-to-toe with the Bison!

GRAFTONBISON
01-09-2014, 06:13 PM
This.

After listening to his coachspeak, apparently we did

CivilBison96
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
That's okay too. Luckily we have basketball for now, but once that is done we will have less things to talk about and senior posters will quit posting (and post about quitting posting) because of the lack of focused posting, thereby creating the need for new posters to talk about such things as quality of posts, possible need to go FBS (new topic), where was the dance team this year, thoughts on a corner support-less Fargodome, 40-times, etc.

Tell me more, I had not heard this mentioned before........