PDA

View Full Version : Trivia question

admin
01-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Over the last 50 years, NDSU has gone 445-126-4 for a winning percentage of .777.

Only one team in DI can top NDSU's number of wins and winning percentage. Which team is that?

Just thought I'd bring this up because of the coaching staff change.

ZHerd
01-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Obviously wyoming because that was the only clear step up from here ;)

HerdBoy
01-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Hola
01-05-2014, 03:27 AM
Oklahoma? Related to Bohl? Nebraska:)

ndsubison1
01-05-2014, 03:30 AM
michigan...

ndsansa
01-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Michigan or Notre Dame???

344Johnson
01-05-2014, 03:44 AM
The Ohio State

stevdock
01-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Nebraska with either 499 or 500. I don't know if they won their bowl game.

tony
01-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Bingo! Ohio State and Oklahoma are close.

roadwarrior
01-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Another trivia question. How many games has NDSU won during my streak of 387?

bisoningrandforks
01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
this is a guess without looking it up (at work)...300?

No_Skill
01-05-2014, 01:10 PM

I'm going with 77.7% of that, so 300.699 games.

tony
01-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Holy carp, could it be 300, as in 300-85-2?

Kind of amazing how consistent NDSU is at winning because that'd be a .778 winning percentage - almost identical to NDSU's 50-year winning percentage.

We've got some good guessers on Bisonville, btw.

roadwarrior
01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
this is a guess without looking it up (at work)...300?

We have a winner!

roadwarrior
01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
300-85-2. I calculate .775 winning percentage.

tony
01-05-2014, 03:25 PM
300-85-2. I calculate .775 winning percentage.

I calculate win pct as (wins + .5 * ties) / total games so 301/387. Not sure if that is correct, but I like it because your percentage that way works out to be 7.7777777777777etc which seems kinda neat.

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Nebraska with either 499 or 500. I don't know if they won their bowl game.

Joe pa won 409 in less than that same span....what ever tho 85% grad rates and what not...Concordia college in Moorheads football team struggles to meet them grad rates let alone 409 wins...F U dude...wait till Pacino comes out with that bio pic then get on that bandwagon u brainwashed fu k ... Give me liberty or give me death who said that Patrick Henry and joeseph Vincent paterno dude

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 10:13 AM
https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=cqffUrOnD4KVygHXm4HYDg&q=paterno+graduation+rate&oq=paterno+gradu&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0i22i30l5.5985.12677.0.15212.14.14.0.3.3.0. 736.3443.0j7j4j1j1j0j1.14.0....0...1c.1.32.mobile-gws-hp..0.14.2467.X91-c8-TU48

Whoops I lied...sup Steve dock

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Where's that 4 million dollar library bohl osbourne lee hey bowden spirrior mack brown pete carrol bob stoops coach k lute olson rick pitino dan Devine ect ect donated oh wait there's not one my bad dude

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Joe pa was reagons and or George hw bushes selection to be Vice President of the United States not some sleaze bag state senator or house representitive were talking 1 heart beat away from being what's known as POTUS aka president of the United States...he had a dominant mind both on and off the field...what'd you live in a fn cave for the last 60 years Steve dock 4 million dollar library vice presidential nominee 90 percent graduation rate 409 wins wtf don't you understand or does al Pacino and Hollywood have to spell it out 4 u this summer like every other brain dead dumb mother f er

MNLonghorn10
01-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I like how the cult member tells us we're brain washed.

Keep calm...don't tell anyone & win football games.

If Mack Brown knew he had a real child molester using his facilities even long after the events he'd be dead too. From gun shot wounds. No library donation would be a band aid cover up either...but then again, Texas football isn't a cult ran by one who's friends with a child molester

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
I like how the cult member tells us we're brain washed.

Keep calm...don't tell anyone & win football games.

If Mack Brown knew he had a real child molester using his facilities even long after the events he'd be dead too. From gun shot wounds. No library donation would be a band aid cover up either...but then again, Texas football isn't a cult ran by one who's friends with a child molester

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The investigation was in the hands of a world class university and law inforcement thanks to joe pa and no one else not even the fn witness himself u dumb ass

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 11:14 AM
And Sandusky was a tenured professor which had nothing to do with joe pa aka him issuing whatever facilities he wanted on campus weather it be the 4 million dollar library paterno donated or a concert recital hall or an athletic building as a tenured professor he had access to any building on campus anytime he chose wtf was paterno supposed to do about it Jerry ran one of the most well funded and respected charities in the state supported by the governor and a whole slew of other influential people not named paterno where's the investigation into that you know since that's where all the victims actually met and were granted alone time with jerry...penn state had absolutely nothing to do with that organization zero nota

MNLonghorn10
01-22-2014, 11:32 AM
The investigation was in the hands of a world class university and law inforcement thanks to joe pa and no one else not even the fn witness himself u dumb ass

WTF did your dumbass just spew?

MNLonghorn10
01-22-2014, 11:35 AM
And Sandusky was a tenured professor which had nothing to do with joe pa aka him issuing whatever facilities he wanted on campus weather it be the 4 million dollar library paterno donated or a concert recital hall or an athletic building as a tenured professor he had access to any building on campus anytime he chose wtf was paterno supposed to do about it Jerry ran one of the most well funded and respected charities in the state supported by the governor and a whole slew of other influential people not named paterno where's the investigation into that you know since that's where all the victims actually met and were granted alone time with jerry...penn state had absolutely nothing to do with that organization zero nota
Yes. Penn St-Spanier, Curley, Paterno etc. had nothing to do with it. LOL. They all fuckin knew and 15 years later the guy finally gets arrested, meanwhile they were all employed by Penn St and received their paychecks as long as they rode it out. Now ones dead, thank god, and the others are in the courts. Good choice to keep quiet, scumbags.

Idiots like you and Franco Harris are the laughing stock of the entire country, still. Nobody outside of PSU believes your shit and we never will.

GCWaters
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Paternoster had tenure, though not as a professor....Sandusky did not.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCWaters
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Paternoster had tenure, though not as a professor....Sandusky did not.....

Clarification, Paterno had the title of professor but, to the best of my knowledge, never served in that capacity.....

HerdBoy
01-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Over the last 50 years, NDSU has gone 445-126-4 for a winning percentage of .777.

Only one team in DI can top NDSU's number of wins and winning percentage. Which team is that?

Just thought I'd bring this up because of the coaching staff change.

There was a stretch where Nebraska was ranked in the top ten every week for like 20 years straight back in the heyday of Osborne. Some crazy sh*t like that anyways.

tony
01-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Joe pa won 409 in less than that same span....what ever tho 85% grad rates and what not...Concordia college in Moorheads football team struggles to meet them grad rates let alone 409 wins...F U dude...wait till Pacino comes out with that bio pic then get on that bandwagon u brainwashed fu k ... Give me liberty or give me death who said that Patrick Henry and joeseph Vincent paterno dude

I'll run the numbers for Penn State later today. Vacating wins is an inane punishment.

stevdock
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
I don't know how all this stuff got pointed at me since I was just answering the question, but PSU's record in games played since 1963 is 443-160-3 if I did my math right. That is a 73.5% winning percentage, so the answer of Nebraska still holds.

tony
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
I don't know how all this stuff got pointed at me since I was just answering the question, but PSU's record in games played since 1963 is 443-160-3 if I did my math right. That is a 73.5% winning percentage, so the answer of Nebraska still holds.

That's what I'm seeing (except I think that if you count 1963, the would be 51 seasons.) Penn State has a pretty amazing football program.

SlickVic
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes. Penn St-Spanier, Curley, Paterno etc. had nothing to do with it. LOL. They all fuckin knew and 15 years later the guy finally gets arrested, meanwhile they were all employed by Penn St and received their paychecks as long as they rode it out. Now ones dead, thank god, and the others are in the courts. Good choice to keep quiet, scumbags.

Idiots like you and Franco Harris are the laughing stock of the entire country, still. Nobody outside of PSU believes your shit and we never will.

3 years and they still haven't had their day in court whys that where's the national outrage on that one....luckily paterno will and it ant gonna be pretty for the ncaa you can bet on that one me boy....2 words Sedgwick sollers baby aka as wick

All the plaintiffs are still able to pursue the civil conspiracy claims, or the allegation that the NCAA and the investigators on Louis Freeh’s team worked together to hurt Penn State.

The judge wrote: The “plaintiffs’ allegations that (the) defendants and the Freeh firm recklessly disregarded (the) plaintiffs’ procedural rights in imposing sanctions in a criminal matter unrelated to recruiting and athletic competition, accepted the flawed Freeh report knowing it was not the result of a reliable investigation, and falsely accused (the) plaintiffs of enabling and causing child sex abuse are sufficient to allege malice.”

SlickVic
02-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Penn State was sued Wednesday by the family of Joe Paterno and their supporters that include four university trustees as they modified their lawsuit against the NCAA to reverse the sanctions for the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

“We do not seek any monetary damages from Penn State, nor do we ask that the court order Penn State to take any action,” Sollers said. “We ask only for a declaration that the plaintiffs have rights under the NCAA rules that were violated, and that the consent decree imposed by the NCAA is null and void.”

“This lawsuit is extremely important to everyone who wants to know the truth about the mishandling of the Sandusky matter by the NCAA and the university,” said Sollers, the Paterno lawyer, on Wednesday. “In short order we expect to gain access to the documents and records in this case and begin deposing the key parties. We welcome the opportunity to explore the record in a full, fair and transparent manner.”

SlickVic
02-14-2014, 07:19 AM
j sedwick the third aka wick sollers baby...when alls said and done he could parlay this into a 2020 run vs Hillary and that's no purple

bisonaudit
02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Penn State was sued Wednesday by the family of Joe Paterno and their supporters that include four university trustees as they modified their lawsuit against the NCAA to reverse the sanctions for the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

“We do not seek any monetary damages from Penn State, nor do we ask that the court order Penn State to take any action,” Sollers said. “We ask only for a declaration that the plaintiffs have rights under the NCAA rules that were violated, and that the consent decree imposed by the NCAA is null and void.”

“This lawsuit is extremely important to everyone who wants to know the truth about the mishandling of the Sandusky matter by the NCAA and the university,” said Sollers, the Paterno lawyer, on Wednesday. “In short order we expect to gain access to the documents and records in this case and begin deposing the key parties. We welcome the opportunity to explore the record in a full, fair and transparent manner.”

The idea that they're trying to redefine the "mishandling of the Sandusky matter" to mean something other than the fact that Penn St covered child abuse for decades would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

KSBisonFan
02-14-2014, 08:04 PM
j sedwick the third aka wick sollers baby...when alls said and done he could parlay this into a 2020 run vs Hillary and that's no purple

Could you hit the 'Hold' button and put that other guy on who hacked your account?

UTH
02-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Could you hit the 'Hold' button and put that other guy on who hacked your account?

It seems to appear that the gentleman known to this fine medium of amicable mass communications of bovinous wanderers of the prairie as "SlickVic" is again an emancipated man. Welcome home, Slick!