PDA

View Full Version : Do we even know how lucky we are to be Bison fans ? I hope so.

phxbison
01-04-2014, 10:31 PM
In the 53 years I have been following the Bison they have brought me so much joy. I can't think of another team that has provided it's fan base with the kind of excellence that we have enjoyed.
We have been blessed with an abundance of talent both with our players and with our coaches. I want to express my gratitude to each and everyone of them for providing me with immeasurable joy. Now let's start the next chapter. Thanks Bison !

JMB
01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Nope, we don't. I have "visited" different message boards over time and have seen conversations about "best team" ever. Think about USD, their "best team ever" was a team that made it to the D2 National Championship game and lost (to NDSU). Think about New Hampshire, a solid program that has made the playoffs for years, but has never finished the journey. Northern Iowa, a very, very solid program. Sam Houston? To win a championship requires the right talent, the right matchups, and luck. We have been successful, and it is great.

stevdock
01-05-2014, 01:57 AM
You are absolutely right. These last three years have been amazing. To watch these boys grow up in front of us has been fun to watch. 43-2 in the last 3 years, and those 2 were both by 3 points each. Just think we are possibly 6 points away from winning 45 in a row.

Most importantly to me for 15 weekends a year, time gets put aside to not only watch Bison football but also spend time with my family. My son, my dad, and I especially have spent more time together because of all of these extra football games these boys have given us. It's been fun and it'll be fun to watch it continue.

Herd12
01-05-2014, 02:08 AM
It was unbelievable walking out of the stadium today. It was like a flock of people leaving church. No one really said anything it was almost like a business transaction had just been brokered. I know the game was less than entertaining but wow. I didn't go down on to the field this year. Very strange. We are spoiled.

NWNDBison
01-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Here is a link to post-game interview transcripts, followed by a nice summary of how both NDSU and Towson have fared in their entire football history. The NDSU Bison certainly do have an incredible history and I have been fortunate to be a fan for the last 50 years and the most exciting runs:

http://tinyurl.com/kypsueu

Special thanks to CSN (Championship Subdivision News) for putting this together so quickly.

Kent Schmidt, I suspect you had a lot to do with this. Thank you.

I was surprised to learn that the CAA, for all of their bragging about being the toughest FCS conference, only has two national titles.

onbison09
01-05-2014, 04:24 AM
I just told my dad leaving the game "Well, that's probably the best run of dominance that I'll ever have for a team I follow." And leaving the game was weird, nobody really said much. It was kinda like relief that it happen but people expected it to.

Professor Chaos
01-05-2014, 04:34 AM
It was unbelievable walking out of the stadium today. It was like a flock of people leaving church. No one really said anything it was almost like a business transaction had just been brokered. I know the game was less than entertaining but wow. I didn't go down on to the field this year. Very strange. We are spoiled.
I think that while today was a culmination of a dynasty the likes of which we may never see again for NDSU football it was also a sad day in a way because it marked the end of an era. Sure, we'll have fine coaches and fine players next year and for years to come but can we really expect this level of dominance to continue? I don't think so. That's why the mood after the game, I thought, was a mix between jubilation and sadness.

Hammerhead
01-05-2014, 05:48 AM
From posts here, I'd guess everyone was hung over at the end of the game, tired from having to rearrange travel plans around cancelled flights, or both which would explain the mood after the game.

1998braves64
01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I found it quite exciting, there did seem to be less enthusiasm this year? Maybe it was because we essentially had it won by 2nd quarter so most had already "celebrated" plus all the things that were already mentioned.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.