PDA

View Full Version : welcome back to Frisco

DFWfootballfan
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
hey guys ive been on here the past two years and i just wanted to say congrats again for making it to the NC game and we couldnt be happier to have you in DFW again.

i hope everyone has safe travels

the area around the stadium is still growing as is frisco. since last time we have added many restaurants and bars to the area and its still growing.

NOLA grill, Jakes Hamburgers, Bull Asian Fusion, 3 square grill, and pizzeria tessa are all new within walking distance of stadium.

also, there is a new indoor skydiving place that just opened last month in frisco and looks to be a lot of fun.

www.iflyworld.com

also, the largest indoor gun range in the US is now open a mile from the stadium. it looks awesome and is a country club environment with a cigar bar, restaurant, and over 43,000 sq feet big

https://www.friscogunclubinc.com/about.php

cant wait to see some Bison fans in and around DFW this week, not sure how the weather is up there but today it was sunny at 65. i think its going to be upper 50s throughout the weekend and sunny

CAS4127
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the info/update. It's always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kab1one
01-01-2014, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=DFWfootballfan;820555]hey guys ive been on here the past two years and i just wanted to say congrats again for making it to the NC game and we couldnt be happier to have you in DFW again.

the area around the stadium is still growing as is frisco. since last time we have added many restaurants and bars to the area and its still growing.

NOLA grill, Jakes Hamburgers, Bull Asian Fusion, 3 square grill, and pizzeria tessa are all new within walking distance of stadium.

also, there is a new indoor skydiving place that just opened last month in frisco and looks to be a lot of fun.

www.iflyworld.com

also, the largest indoor gun range in the US is now open a mile from the stadium. it looks awesome and is a country club environment with a cigar bar, restaurant, and over 43,000 sq feet big

cant wait to see some Bison fans in and around DFW this week, not sure how the weather is up there but today it was sunny at 65. i think its going to be upper 50s throughout the weekend and sunny[/QUOte
what is the name of a very good sushi place located west side of the tollway, north of the galleria, Blue something or another, Might be in Frisco. I was there a few years back, don't know if still there. But good food and atmosphere.

BismarckBisonFan
01-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the info. We are staying just NW of the stadium at the Comfort Suites. Looks like we can grab some beers within walking distance. Getting into Dallas at 8 -9.

DFWfootballfan
01-01-2014, 11:43 PM
ahh, Blue Fish

you have good taste my good man. its one of my favorites as well. very good sushi and great happy hour and atmosphere.

its just west of the tollway on trinity mills in far north dallas. highly recommend. FYI that new bull fusion place next to the stadium and comfort suites has been getting great reviews. its korean bbq and asian fusian and has a full bar.

looks awesome!

kab1one
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
ahh, Blue Fish

you have good taste my good man. its one of my favorites as well. very good sushi and great happy hour and atmosphere.

its just west of the tollway on trinity mills in far north dallas. highly recommend. FYI that new bull fusion place next to the stadium and comfort suites has been getting great reviews. its korean bbq and asian fusian and has a full bar.

looks awesome!
Exactly, lots of neon and ladies of texas were quite fine if I recall.

Was in DT Dallas for business, and client took us there.

Bob's Chop Shop for steak is on the list as well.

Wally
01-02-2014, 12:13 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3573&d=1388625154

BismarckBisonFan
01-02-2014, 12:20 AM
ahh, Blue Fish

looks awesome!

Went to the website for the bull Asian fusion and it looks great. They close at ten o'clock tomorrow night but open till eleven o'clock Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions for tomorrow night in walking distance around the stadium area that would be open later. We don't land in Dallas until eight thirty and then cabbing to Comfort Suites. Thanks

56BISON73
01-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Bartender at the Brickhouse went to UN_.

Tatanka
01-02-2014, 02:29 AM

has to be his version of both best and worst weekend ever

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

56BISON73
01-02-2014, 02:29 AM

She does have nice headlights.

Boy
01-02-2014, 02:30 AM

I hope you got up and left to go to a different bar!

DFWfootballfan
01-02-2014, 02:31 AM
For walking distance I would suggest either burger girl, Londoner or lemon bar

All are open until 11 or 12 tomorrow and all offer full bar and menu

For food Londoner is actually pretty good and is a great atmosphere. All are good. Lemon bar has weakest menu but full bar of course. Burger girl is like a hooters type burger joint

Enjoy

56BISON73
01-02-2014, 02:35 AM

For food Londoner is actually pretty good and is a great atmosphere. All are good. Lemon bar has weakest menu but full bar of course. Burger girl is like a hooters type burger joint

Enjoy

Tried to go to Papas Steak house and Bobs Steak and Chop house tonight but I think they were closed. Couldnt get anyone on the phone. Had to settle for the Cheese Cake Factory. Darn.

BismarckBisonFan
01-02-2014, 02:45 AM

Enjoy

Thanks I looked at the Londoner web site looks like a nice spot to have a few beers tomorrow night

HerdBoy
01-02-2014, 02:50 AM
hey guys ive been on here the past two years and i just wanted to say congrats again for making it to the NC game and we couldnt be happier to have you in DFW again.

www.iflyworld.com

cant wait to see some Bison fans in and around DFW this week, not sure how the weather is up there but today it was sunny at 65. i think its going to be upper 50s throughout the weekend and sunny

Largest indoor gun range in the US? Oh hell yeah!

ndsansa
01-02-2014, 03:35 AM
Pictures form the Frisco welcome committee

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.608421015861638.1073741883.195847673785643&type=3

99Bison
01-02-2014, 03:45 AM
Blue goose mex by the stadium is great btw.

BisonTeacher
01-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Pictures form the Frisco welcome committee

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.608421015861638.1073741883.195847673785643&type=3

I really like mayor maso. We should invite him to fargo next homecoming as honorary grand marshal of the parade

KidZer0
01-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Had dinner tonight at 3 Stacks BBQ, great food and nice beer list. New in Frisco in last 6 months. Try the Texas Firecrackers, jalapeņos stuffed with brisket, wrapped in bacon and smoked. AWESOME!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
01-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Tatanka we'll have to hit up that Nola Grill

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NDSUFan_Sav
01-02-2014, 03:58 AM

Or a huge whooooo

Re

DFWfootballfan
01-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Forgot about 3 stacks. It's legit plus 37 beers on tap

Blue goose is great and right next to hotel. Great margaritas and fajitas. Damn I'm hungry

NDSUFan_Sav
01-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Any good bars in Addisson?

onbison09
01-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Had dinner tonight at 3 Stacks BBQ, great food and nice beer list. New in Frisco in last 6 months. Try the Texas Firecrackers, jalapeņos stuffed with brisket, wrapped in bacon and smoked. AWESOME!!!
This this this this a thousand times this. Kicking myself for not posting it.

DFWfootballfan
01-02-2014, 01:21 PM
yes on Addison, they are known for their restaurants and belt line road is restaurant row , however they have plenty of good bars

A coupld of my favorites

The Londoner- cool english pub
Flying Saucer- over 200 beers and live music
Sherlocks- best all around bar- live music, lots of girls, and good scene
Humperdinks is a great local brewery/restaurant with 100 TVs
Quarter Bar
The Mucky Duck- younger crowd/hip bar
The Back 9- cool scene, great bar and food

they also have all the chains

BWW
Hooters
Twin Peaks

EndZoneQB
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Techno clubs?!

CalBison97
01-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I arrive tomorrow for my 3rd visit in a row. My mom, aunts, and uncles arrived in Frisco today and had the following encounter: while walking in to Twin Peaks with their Bison gear on, the waitress greeted them with the horns \ _ _ / and "Go Bison, Sioux suck!" A group of clever Bison fans who had arrived before had asked her to do this to patrons wearing Bison gear. Great way to hike up that tip percentage!

Pards Rule
01-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Blue goose mex by the stadium is great btw.

Yes partied with my Bison friends here after the win in 2012!

BisonTeacher
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
At irish rover pub across from mall. Every bison fan that walks in gets greeted by cheers from everyone already inside.

Gobison23
01-04-2014, 01:45 AM
I was wondering if they allow cameras for this game this is my first time so I was hoping to take lots of pictures. I know they allow them at the dome, but is this game different?

ND_argicryoll
01-04-2014, 04:25 AM
I was wondering if they allow cameras for this game this is my first time so I was hoping to take lots of pictures. I know they allow them at the dome, but is this game different?

Brought my camera and bag in last year, no problems, you should be good to go.

bisonmike2
01-04-2014, 04:55 AM
Someone should tell Texas that selling only beer and wine does not make you a liquor store. I went to 3 different liquor stores tonight only to find out that they were not actual liquor stores.

EndZoneQB
01-04-2014, 05:07 AM
Someone should tell Texas that selling only beer and wine does not make you a liquor store. I went to 3 different liquor stores tonight only to find out that they were not actual liquor stores.

That county does not sell liquor. Gotta drive a ways to get it bro...

Bison"FANatic"
01-04-2014, 10:50 AM
South to Addison off Belt line road. Had to hit two liquor stores as the first one said Bison fans drank them out of Rumchata. Gotta have our breakfast cereal you know.

DFWfootballfan
01-04-2014, 01:08 PM
for everyone staying in frisco there are 2 very close liquor stores for your needs

Total Wine and Spirits is the biggest and best and is right off 121 and preston in plano, right on the frisco border

also goody goody is off 121 and main in The Colony, 10 minutes from frisco