PDA

View Full Version : KFGO- Bohl-Heitkamp

lakesbison
10-19-2006, 02:41 PM
call in 237 5948. 9:30am-11am

Ive called in twice, it bugs the HELL outta heitkamp to pimp the bison.. its hilarious!!!

its like pulling teeth to get KFGO to talk about the game, even though

KFAN is Bison-Gophers NON-STOP!!

Coach Bohl was on, said they are fired up, but execution will win this game, not rowdiness...

RedRiver
10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
They had a segment with Mike Favor, former Bison great, and after the 10:00 hour Tyrone Braxton will be on the show.

RedRiver
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Heitkamp just finished the interview with Tyrone Braxton. Tyrone mentioned the fact that he has THREE National Championship rings and TWO Super Bowl rings. Can you imagine that??

bison_92
10-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Heitkamp and Tank were at the Team makers lunchon. They looked a little out of place.

imabison
10-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Heitkamp and Tank were at the Team makers lunchon. *They looked a little out of place.

I was not there, but just them being there is a show of support for the Bison. NO reason for me to think they would look out of place unless they were in that school up north attire.

BisonWarrior
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Speaking of showing up in UND attire...I wonder how many UND fans will show up to the game on Sat. *in UND gear. * I don't know about anyone else but this is something I just would not do. *I saw it a the Montana Game (4 people in their UND Hockey gear) and then also at the Ball State Game (a couple of people with UND sweatshirts). *Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am not proud as hell to be a Bison and I wear my Bison gear alot but to me this is just plain classless.

lakesbison
10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Heitkamp and Tank looked content... very proud to be NORTH DAKOTAN'S!!

Not too many WDAY jabs.. ha ha...

NDSUstudent
10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Speaking of showing up in UND attire...I wonder how many UND fans will show up to the game on Sat. *in UND gear. * I don't know about anyone else but this is something I just would not do. *I saw it a the Montana Game (4 people in their UND Hockey gear) and then also at the Ball State Game (a couple of people with UND sweatshirts). *Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am not proud as hell to be a Bison and I wear my Bison gear alot but to me this is just plain classless.

If they are wearing UND gear and chearing against NDSU at a game where UND is not playing it is classless. But if they are just being a neutral fan or even(gasp) chearing for NDSU it is alright. I wear my Bison gear up in GF all the time but I am not a classless idiot who chears against UND, instead I just enjoy the game and have a good time.

bisonranch
10-19-2006, 11:51 PM
I'll have some UND folks in my crew, they'll be cheering for the North Dakota team.

Mr._Bill
10-20-2006, 01:11 AM
I've been there at UND hockey games (at Sensors) with friends from the north, trying hard on the outside to show enthusiasm for the ND team. Truthfully, it was very hard, and I am a faker. I am not one of those Bison fans that would ever buy hockey tickets at the ralph. No disrespect to the state intended, I just can't root for und with any enthusiam.

If there are sioux fans at the game that are rooting for the bison, that's great and I appreciate it. If I ever return the favor, I'll probably be faking it.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2006, 01:26 AM
I've been there at UND hockey games (at Sensors) with friends from the north, trying hard on the outside to show enthusiasm for the ND team. *Truthfully, it was very hard, and I am a faker. *I am not one of those Bison fans that would ever buy hockey tickets at the ralph. *No disrespect to the state intended, I just can't root for und with any enthusiam. *

If there are sioux fans at the game that are rooting for the bison, that's great and I appreciate it. *If I ever return the favor, I'll probably be faking it.

I agree, I could never cheer for UND and I don't understand how some Bison fans do it. But I also never cheer against them unless of course they are playing NDSU. Really, I could care less if they win or lose when they aren't playing NDSU.

gwendel
10-20-2006, 02:11 AM
I guess it's all perspective and what happens in your life.

My father attended UND. He was not an athlete, but I gained respect for UND hockey early.

I was an NDSU graduate and got excited by NDSU's early national championships in football.
(I had never seen anyone like Paul Hatchett, who could run right over the top of defenders, and haven't seen anyone like him to this day.)

My daughter graduated from UND. Her stepfather played on a UND hockey team (minor player), and she and I watched UND win a national championship from a hotel room. We hugged when UND won.

Now I have a son whose favorite sport is hockey. We live in a hockey town. there are probably more UND hockey jerseys per capita here than anywhere else in North Dakota.

In the fall we cheer our hearts out for NDSU Bison football. My son hates UND football worse than I do. I'm not sure why. I cheer for the Sioux when they are not playing the Bison, esp. when they are not in the same conference, let alone division. But secretly, I kind of feel good when they lose, too. "Good enough for 'em," I think.

In the winter we cheer our hearts out for UND Fighting Sioux Hockey, and are proud of their accomplishments.

NDSU Bison Football fans.

UND Fighting Sioux hockey fans.

Proud of North Dakota's accomplisments on the college athletic scene.

My son and I see no credibility gap in who we cheer for. (It might be different if NDSU had a D-I hockey team.)

I appreciate the mature attitude of some NDSU Bison football fans and their comments of respect at gopherhole.com.
I appreciate the sincere attitude of a few UND Fighting Sioux fans who have come on our board this week to cheer the Bison on.
Good for them.

Can't we all just get along?

fargo_is_my_home
10-20-2006, 02:17 AM
"If they are wearing UND gear and chearing against NDSU at a game where UND is not playing it is classless " *NDSUstudent

That is as classless as chanting "Sioux Suck" and wearing such attire to games that NDSU plays.

bisonaudit
10-20-2006, 02:28 AM
"If they are wearing UND gear and chearing against NDSU at a game where UND is not playing it is classless " *NDSUstudent

That is as classless as chanting "Sioux Suck" and wearing such attire to games that NDSU plays.

We've all done things that we regret.

SDbison
10-20-2006, 04:48 AM

Yeah, but the Sioux do really SUCK! ;D

TransAmBison
10-20-2006, 04:54 AM

Yeah, but the Sioux do really SUCK! * *;D
Buy that man a drink! I think he's on to something!

SDbison
10-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Thats OK TransAM I probably already had too many tonight. Time to get some shut eye.
BTW, talked to Bisonfan1 tonight. Sounds like we might meet up with you at Rapid Park. Hear you have some keg beer that I could help drink. ;) Take care. See ya soon and go Bison!