PDA

View Full Version : How did we get blown out by UN_? Yuck!

XUBison
12-30-2013, 05:55 AM
The Grungy UNDies fell to 3-8 after losing to Northern Colorado by 18 today. What an embarrassing blemish that loss will be on our tourney resume. In fact, the selection committee may just disqualify us from consideration altogether, regardless if we win the Summit tourney... I'm sure they have some "for the good of the game" clause, or something they can invoke. Perhaps the "you lost to UN_, so you are automatically banned from the tournament" clause? We would have been better off losing to Valley City St.

I have come to grips with the reality that we will be playing them in all non-football sports for the foreseeable future, but we can NEVER play them in football! There is absolutely nothing for NDSU to gain from this so-called rivalry. God, they suck!

56BISON73
12-30-2013, 06:03 AM
The Grungy UNDies fell to 3-8 after losing to Northern Colorado by 18 today. What an embarrassing blemish that loss will be on our tourney resume. In fact, the selection committee may just disqualify us from consideration altogether, regardless if we win the Summit tourney... I'm sure they have some "for the good of the game" clause, or something they can invoke. Perhaps the "you lost to UN_, so you are automatically banned from the tournament" clause? We would have been better off losing to Valley City St.

I have come to grips with the reality that we will be playing them in all non-football sports for the foreseeable future, but we can NEVER play them in football! There is absolutely nothing for NDSU to gain from this so-called rivalry. God, they suck!

Wow trolling pretty hard there dude. Keep stirring the pot. Or you forgot the purple?:biggrin:

Tony Almeida
12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow trolling pretty hard there dude. Keep stirring the pot. Or you forgot the purple?:biggrin:

How's he trolling? That loss was an embarrassment or still is...

Again, I think you're the one stirring the pot. Did you forget the purple?

BisonCountry
12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Stop dwelling on one loss and enjoy our current victories and the upcoming Summit League play. The rest of the season from now on is what really matters. Also stop caring about what the "other team" is or isn't doing....makes you look like....well a UN_ fan.

HandoEX
12-30-2013, 07:11 PM
How's he trolling?

The In fact, the selection committee may just disqualify us from consideration altogether, regardless if we win the Summit tourney... I'm sure they have some "for the good of the game" clause, or something they can invoke. Perhaps the "you lost to UN_, so you are automatically banned from the tournament" clause? We would have been better off losing to Valley City St.
You're both idiots and I'm ashamed that we have fans like this.

Tony Almeida
12-30-2013, 07:18 PM
You're both idiots and I'm ashamed that we have fans like this.
Little more passionate when it comes to losing to the undies, or maybe I should have just resorted to name calling like you did. I'm ashamed of you.

NDSUstudent
12-30-2013, 07:21 PM
We played like garbage and lost. It happens and people need to get over it.

Fortunately the team used that loss as motivation to get better...Getting better is all I care about.

The Big Dance is our goal.

Civil06
12-30-2013, 07:22 PM
We played like garbage and lost. It happens and people need to get over it.

Fortunately the team used that loss as motivation to get better.

And adapted their defense to play within the new rules while stepping up on the offensive end. I couldn't be more proud of how they responded to that loss.

HandoEX
12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Little more passionate when it comes to losing to the undies, or maybe I should have just resorted to name calling like you did. I'm ashamed of you.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I get worked up when our "fans" spoil NDSU's success with this garbage. The UND loss is terrible, but this team is playing as good as any Bison team I've seen. This is no different than when the Bison team that win the Summit lost to Southern Utah. There's no reason to hold on to one game when the team is dominating.

HerdBot
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Initially I thought UN_ was good but I've since realized it was their Superbowl. We had a bad game vs a team we hate to lose to but if we were to play now, I would like our chances. Of course the odds of your 4 starters fouling out is rare

We have bigger fish to fry. They already had their epic win.

HandoEX
12-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Since Sprint got 4G, my phone has had no lag at all at the Dome during games. Up until a few months ago, I couldn't access the internet at all from my phone during Bison games.

Tony Almeida
12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry. I get worked up when our "fans" spoil NDSU's success with this garbage. The UND loss is terrible, but this team is playing as good as any Bison team I've seen. This is no different than when the Bison team that win the Summit lost to Southern Utah. There's no reason to hold on to one game when the team is dominating.

Wow, to compare that game with the undie game...man You have no idea how I feel toward the school up north...

Some fans handle situations differently and hold grudges differently and to suggest they should handle it one way or your way is a little closed minded.

Am I holding on to any other losses in the season...ahhh no.

Am I still a huge fan...ahhh yes and that is all that should matter.

Time to change your pull ups old man.

Tony Almeida
12-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Initially I thought UN_ was good but I've since realized it was their Superbowl. We had a bad game vs a team we hate to lose to but if we were to play now, I would like our chances. Of course the odds of your 4 starters fouling out is rare

We have bigger fish to fry. They already had their epic win.

And that was perfectly said. We would beat up on them now. They'll be watching while we're dancing.

reformedUNDfan
12-30-2013, 09:03 PM

more likely they will be completely incredulous that NDSU lost, and just pretend it didn't happen.

BlueBisonRock
12-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Wow, to compare that game with the undie game...man You have no idea how I feel toward the school up north...

Some fans handle situations differently and hold grudges differently and to suggest they should handle it one way or your way is a little closed minded.

Am I holding on to any other losses in the season...ahhh no.

Am I still a huge fan...ahhh yes and that is all that should matter.

Time to change your pull ups old man.

Hando is old??? Word I hear is experienced. And damn good! (love that haircut dude!)

56BISON73
12-30-2013, 10:15 PM
How's he trolling? That loss was an embarrassment or still is...

Again, I think you're the one stirring the pot. Did you forget the purple?

Yes it was embarrassing. But since that time we have a few quality wins including Notre Dame. Its just A little far down the line to start beating that dead horse again dont ya think?

ndsubison1
12-30-2013, 11:03 PM

well we are a much better team since then

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2013, 06:49 PM
People still holding on to the UND loss are comparable to the UND fans that are "enjoying" their basketball season because they beat NDSU and haven't won a game since.

BadlandsBison
12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
No reason to be stuck on this loss, or any of our wins for that matter! Lots of basketball left.

Herd
01-02-2014, 01:34 PM
To the team, it was one game, and an OOC loss . . . they have moved on positively. That's all that matters. Would I rather have beat UNDwho and lost to UNDirish? No, that one worked out good!

semobison
01-02-2014, 02:25 PM
To the team, it was one game, and an OOC loss . . . they have moved on positively. That's all that matters. Would I rather have beat UNDwho and lost to UNDirish? No, that one worked out good!

Agree, it was an early season OOC loss. End of story. No need for this thread.