PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Recruiting NDSU Recruits

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SamsRams
12-28-2013, 05:25 AM
the Recruiting Summary has turned into a gong show and as much as I agree with the frustration, might be better we take all the grief to a separate thread and leave that thread for NDSU recruiting news

With that I dive into this drama with a new Recruiting Updates Article (http://bisonation.info/?p=3780&preview=true)

SamsRams
12-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Napoleon Maxwell (http://bisonation.info/olb-napoleon-maxwell-saint-petersburg-fl-2014-offer/) picks up a Wyoming offer. Had a visit scheduled to NDSU at one point, no word if he still plans on coming up

Jay
12-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Steve Hallstrom will be discussing on today's show.

@SteveHallstrom: @NDSUfootball fans should not be surprised that Craig Bohl is recruiting kids to WY that he offered at NDSU. We will talk on tomorrows show.

A1pigskin
12-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Without getting into details of the contract. Whoever the "wordsmith" was should have done a better job. Too many cracks and grey areas, these get you every time.

daddy daycare
12-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Puts a dent in his legacy if you ask me. That being said, in Coach K we trust. GFY Wyoming. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BisonNeil
12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Bottom line is this is not ethical but it doesn't surprise me, that is the way Bohl has always been. You don't think he got that creepy smile by accident do you?

GT should withhold his bonus for a long period of time, long enough that it makes Bohl uncomfortable so that he knows how unethical behaviour feels.

WYOBISONMAN
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
If Bohl is indeed doing this, his ethics suck. He is essentially coaching this team and while at the same time damaging the future of football at NDSU. I will be waiting and watching before rendering a decision on the Craig Bohl legacy.

unbison
12-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Did you guys honestly think he wouldn't recruit kids that had been contacted by ndsu?

td577
12-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Did you guys honestly think he wouldn't recruit kids that had been contacted by ndsu?

I was hoping he wouldn't but I figured if he did, he would wait until he completely left.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tjbison
12-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I was hoping he wouldn't but I figured if he did, he would wait until he completely left.

lets be honest he is doing double duty, he needs to get his shit together in Wyo and still keep pace here, he is not 100% committed to ndsu right now.

if we win a 3rd NC who cares, no matter what he was going to contact the cream of the crop in this class one way or the other doesnt mean they all go to that shithole in Laramie

Mr. Burgundy
12-28-2013, 02:39 PM
lets be honest he is doing double duty, he needs to get his shit together in Wyo and still keep pace here, he is not 100% committed to ndsu right now.

if we win a 3rd NC who cares, no matter what he was going to contact the cream of the crop in this class one way or the other doesnt mean they all go to that shithole in Laramie

It's sad to say but he's doing one job and one job only right now. He's coaching for Wyoming. That's it. Not ndsu. He's recruiting for Wyoming while in the ndsu offices while our small staff is coaching, planning and recruiting. Ethics left his house the week he took the Wyoming job. It's pretty sad. Can't wait to see the fake smile

jimmyptubas
12-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Fargo isn't the center of college football by any means but i don't see Laramie getting game day any time soon....

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 02:45 PM

Yeah the silver lining for us is even though Wyoming has a lot more money to spend on a their coaching staff, does not make Laramie a more attractive campus or a more attractive place to play football. Some students probably like NDSU for our academics, and some players may wish to play before a good number of fans instead of playing before an empty Wyoming crowd.

Grizzled
12-28-2013, 02:47 PM
My biggest issue is we have current coaches on our staff who are talking to kids about Wyoming when they should be talking to them about NDSU. We have current players who are discussing Wyoming. Gene could have at least made a point on who's team this was by telling Craig thank you and good luck. It wouldn't have stopped Wyoming from offering but at least it wouldn't be NDSU footing the bill for them recruiting to their new school.

Grizzled
12-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Fargo isn't the center of college football by any means but i don't see Laramie getting game day any time soon....

And NDSU won't be playing in the MWC anytime soon. Gameday was great, but 7 or 8 out of 10 kids are going to pick an FBS offer over an FCS offer.

jimmyptubas
12-28-2013, 02:57 PM
And NDSU won't be playing in the MWC anytime soon. Gameday was great, but 7 or 8 out of 10 kids are going to pick an FBS offer over an FCS offer.

I'm not so sure that's as true as it was ten years ago. If rather be a star in Fargo than second string in Laramie despite being an fbs player.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not so sure that's as true as it was ten years ago. If rather be a star in Fargo than second string in Laramie despite being an fbs player.

That is true but even if you are the top string at Laramie will you be better than the top string at NDSU? We beat K-State and K-State > WYO.

IzzyFlexion
12-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah the silver lining for us is even though Wyoming has a lot more money to spend on a their coaching staff.

Just in terms of their budget (specifically football), I gotta wonder where all of their money comes from in order to run year in and year out with a losing program. Same w, Idaho, et al. It just doesn't seem that it could be done without some tremendous strain.

I'm no economics expert, but I would think that they are annually running that thing in the red.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Just in terms of their budget (specifically football), I gotta wonder where all of their money comes from in order to run year in and year out with a losing program. Same w, Idaho, et al. It just doesn't seem that it could be done without some tremendous strain.

The state of Wyoming subsidizes the athletic department a significant amount and the TV contract for the WMC also brings in a lot of money for the U of Wyo.

ZHerd
12-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Sometime, when i have some time, I'm going to start a thread on why FCS should be more attractive than FBS from a recruits standpoint. But briefly just consider that most of these kids want to play football, and few of them have a good chance of playing pro ball. I would assume then, that in their last four years of getting to play ball that they would desire to play as much as possible. A top tier recruit has a better chance of starting, starting early in career at fcs and, on a team such as NDSU, gets to play in MANY more games than at FBS. NDSU's senior class has played way more football than any FBS team could dream of playing. There are many more features such as this and I frankly don't know why recruits have such love fests with FBS programs. It's a false mindset that has become nationally ingrained.

bri-dog
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM

I'm no economics expert, but I would think that they are annually running that thing in the red.

It's Wyoming. They have lots of sources.

http://jessewoodsonjames.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/0/8/12083819/839169195_orig.jpg?304

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cmNIi_uN5-o/TUiwOBmUIDI/AAAAAAAAAxY/210bK4XLtOU/s1600/IH158348.jpg

MontBison
12-28-2013, 03:48 PM
You guys make yourself look way less intelligent than you are when you get into the whole Larmie sucks/ndsu at fcs is better than Wyoming at fbs. What makes you think fargo is so great? Applebee's, the mall, or perhaps Scheels top that list? Also we've had pretty good success the last few years but I think you guys are all crazy to think we will be better than the majority of the FBS teams forever

56BISON73
12-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Keep this in mind---nobody goes to school to be second string. Somebody is going to start and star at WY, IA, Mich etc.

56BISON73
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Well I was kind of hoping he wouldnt. But you know what they say---you cant put hope in one hand and shit in the other and you will find out which one fills up first.

IzzyFlexion
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
You guys make yourself look way less intelligent than you are when you get into the whole Larmie sucks/ndsu at fcs is better than Wyoming at fbs. What makes you think fargo is so great? Applebee's, the mall, or perhaps Scheels top that list? Also we've had pretty good success the last few years but I think you guys are all crazy to think we will be better than he majority of he FBS teams forever

Holy shit.........

MNLonghorn10
12-28-2013, 03:55 PM
So had NDSU not allowed him to come back, then he couldn't offer rides to Wyo to players who he gave rides to NDSU?

I was first against Bohl coming back. I thought he was Wyomings coach and not NDSU's anymore so I wish he would've stayed in Laramie the day of his presser.

then the captains and players wanted their coach to ride it out...so I was all for that because who the fuck am I?

looks like i was burned, that's for sure.

NDSUstudent
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Laramie does suck but I've always said that they have the whole MWC/FBS thing going for them.

HerdBot
12-28-2013, 04:28 PM
I would let AJ cooper go today. These are happening in his territories. He is obviously Bohls whipping boy. You don't see other coaches like Fuchs or Vigen doing this the week of the championship game. Fire AJ Cooper, save recruiting

dewey
12-28-2013, 04:33 PM
What does the contract that NDSU had with Bohl exactly? I remember there being language about taking a different job and recruiting NDSU recruits. I am disappointed that CB is doing this but not surprised. He is doing what is best for him and Wyoming. He know the recruits that he was after at NDSU so it is no surprise to me that he is going after them. Are the ethics questionable if this is true? Yes, but I am not surprised he is hired to win games at Wyoming.

I would be very interested in reading the exact contract if anyone knows where to find it. It should be open to the public records but I am not sure where to look.

I have no doubt that Cb and the assistants will have the team ready to go and win a third national title next week. Remember what we always say "Once a Bison, Always a Bison".

Good luck at Wyoming CB!

Go Bison!

Dewey

SlickVic
12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Yo I have said it 3 times now bohls contract says he can't recruit current verbals, said nothing about going after interest or offered kids you guys need to shut up or go FBS and not have this problem my boy

unbison
12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
In my mind the real question is where does bohl end up in 3 or 4 years Montana's or north Colorado Wyoming is where coaches go to die

BisonEngrGirl
12-28-2013, 04:49 PM
In my mind the real question is where does bohl end up in 3 or 4 years Montana's or north Colorado Wyoming is where coaches go to die

He'll be retired or close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2013, 04:50 PM
The only issue I have is what kind of compensation is Bohl getting from the playoffs? The most telling thing for me is that a heart and soul of the Bison team wants Bohl here for their playoff run, which regardless of any recruiting, should be the most important thing and priority #1. Whatever time Bohl has been splitting with Wyoming and NDSU during this has obviously not affected the team, and could even argue being something good considering how they have ran over teams. If it happens again in the Championship game this should not be an issue.

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2013, 04:52 PM
He'll be retired or close to it.

He'll be sitting in his million dollar ranch with earnings in 5 years of what he would have made in 15-20 years at NDSU.

HerdBot
12-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Yo I have said it 3 times now bohls contract says he can't recruit current verbals, said nothing about going after interest or offered kids you guys need to shut up or go FBS and not have this problem my boy

If we were FBS it would still be happening

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2013, 04:53 PM
If we were FBS it would still be happening

If we were FBS I don't think we would have lost Bohl to Wyoming.

No_Skill
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Recruiting battles and shenanigans won't happen if we are fbs? Sweet! Sign us up!

Bisonator98
12-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't have an issue with it. If kids don't want to come to NDSU for the school and program then they probably wouldn't anyway or at least not stay. If they are just going to WY because of Bohl then they aren't the kind of kids you want anyway. If I were a recruiter for NDSU I would ask those kids what will they do when Bohl leaves WY in 2-3 years because it's gonna happen.

BisonNation11
12-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Recruiting during the FBS dead period? Weird

GOBISON123
12-28-2013, 05:11 PM

He can claim that since he is still with Bison he is still FCS. In all this mess Coach K is taking the hit from both the ends.

td577
12-28-2013, 05:12 PM
You guys make yourself look way less intelligent than you are when you get into the whole Larmie sucks/ndsu at fcs is better than Wyoming at fbs. What makes you think fargo is so great? Applebee's, the mall, or perhaps Scheels top that list? Also we've had pretty good success the last few years but I think you guys are all crazy to think we will be better than the majority of the FBS teams forever

Generally speaking, people live in areas they like. So it should make a lot of sense for someone in Fargo to not understand why someone would want to live in Laramie over Fargo. I now live in the F/M area and while I am sure there are much greater places to live in the country for other people, this has everything I like. Solid education. Well above national averages for safety. On the other hand, Laramie probably has a lot to offer for someone who would like the things that city has to offer.

As far as schools, Wyoming is smaller, NDSU offers around 20 more undergraduate and graduate degree programs each, and by sheer advantage in numbers, offers more social opportunities. As far as football programs, the whole reason Wyoming hired Bohl was to bring his success here to there. So at the moment, it isn't a stretch NDSU's football program has been more successful than Wyoming. The only thing from the outset that is an advantage for Wyoming is the potential factor being FBS. Right now it is only potential. As far as opportunities for football players to play at the next level, it is almost even. Wyoming has 6 in the NFL and NDSU has 4.

So what is the package a recruit is looking for? Academic opportunities? Edge NDSU. Social opportunities? Edge NDSU. Football opportunities? Presently the edge is NDSU. Future NFL opportunities? Slight edge and almost a push but to Wyoming. National exposure? I can't answer this effectively because I don't know Wyoming's side. History? Edge NDSU. Wyoming has had 21 winning seasons in the past 50 years and only 8 nine win season or better in their entire history. That is a lot of culture to change.

There are a couple of things that are certain. NDSU will cycle out of this high level at some time but history has shown it will cycle back in. Building from a position of success is easier than building from the ground up. I think eventually, there is no reason why Wyoming and NDSU both can't have successful programs. Their recruiting footprints will be different and their recruiting goals will eventually be different. We just have to weather the storm for now because Bohl is going with what he knows and should eventually adapt to what he learns. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Lastly, the Laramie vs. Fargo stuff is mostly in jest for people here. We all know there are people who love Laramie. We also know there are people who certainly think Fargo sucks. Usually these viewpoints are derived from misconceptions, but there is no denying they are out there. In the end, I just hope the recruits are making the best decision based on their own individuals goals and aspirations and not based on misguided attacks on how Laramie or Fargo sucks. I am also certain 4 applebees to 1 is not anyone's measuring stick.

Jay
12-28-2013, 05:25 PM

You can call them once a week.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 05:39 PM
My prediction is that Bohl has 2 or 3 years in Wyoming. His first recruits won't get to finish with him as coach. If he has some success at Wyoming...he gone.

HerdBot
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Why is everyone giving aj Cooper a pass? He's been the NDSU recruiter for almost every guy Wyoming has offered. Not only is he offering them, he hasn't contacted any of our Florida recruits at all. He didn't even contact a Florida recruit after a scheduled visit was cancelled so he verballed to Sanford. Yeah he works for Bohl but you don't see coaches like Fuchs and Vigen doing unethical shit. Its on Cooper. You know what they say about Karma.

GOBISON123
12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
My prediction is that Bohl has 2 or 3 years in Wyoming. His first recruits won't get to finish with him as coach. If he has some success at Wyoming...he gone.

:rofl: That is true.

MontBison
12-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Generally speaking, people live in areas they like. So it should make a lot of sense for someone in Fargo to not understand why someone would want to live in Laramie over Fargo. I now live in the F/M area and while I am sure there are much greater places to live in the country for other people, this has everything I like. Solid education. Well above national averages for safety. On the other hand, Laramie probably has a lot to offer for someone who would like the things that city has to offer.

As far as schools, Wyoming is smaller, NDSU offers around 20 more undergraduate and graduate degree programs each, and by sheer advantage in numbers, offers more social opportunities. As far as football programs, the whole reason Wyoming hired Bohl was to bring his success here to there. So at the moment, it isn't a stretch NDSU's football program has been more successful than Wyoming. The only thing from the outset that is an advantage for Wyoming is the potential factor being FBS. Right now it is only potential. As far as opportunities for football players to play at the next level, it is almost even. Wyoming has 6 in the NFL and NDSU has 4.

So what is the package a recruit is looking for? Academic opportunities? Edge NDSU. Social opportunities? Edge NDSU. Football opportunities? Presently the edge is NDSU. Future NFL opportunities? Slight edge and almost a push but to Wyoming. National exposure? I can't answer this effectively because I don't know Wyoming's side. History? Edge NDSU. Wyoming has had 21 winning seasons in the past 50 years and only 8 nine win season or better in their entire history. That is a lot of culture to change.

There are a couple of things that are certain. NDSU will cycle out of this high level at some time but history has shown it will cycle back in. Building from a position of success is easier than building from the ground up. I think eventually, there is no reason why Wyoming and NDSU both can't have successful programs. Their recruiting footprints will be different and their recruiting goals will eventually be different. We just have to weather the storm for now because Bohl is going with what he knows and should eventually adapt to what he learns. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Lastly, the Laramie vs. Fargo stuff is mostly in jest for people here. We all know there are people who love Laramie. We also know there are people who certainly think Fargo sucks. Usually these viewpoints are derived from misconceptions, but there is no denying they are out there. In the end, I just hope the recruits are making the best decision based on their own individuals goals and aspirations and not based on misguided attacks on how Laramie or Fargo sucks. I am also certain 4 applebees to 1 is not anyone's measuring stick.

Do you honestly think that a recruit uses that thought process?? It's obviously different when a grown adult thinks through those issues, but honestly and I'm sure I'll get ripped for this, Fargo doesn't have a lot of stuff to offer college age kids and most ppl who live there wouldn't have a clue untill they saw something else. I would have absolutely no problem rasing a family there though.

NDSUstudent
12-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm sure most recruits think FBS/MWC offer...sweet...get to play Boise State/Fresno/UNLV, get to play on ESPN...etc...etc...etc. Laramie probably doesn't even hardly come into the equation.

I do think Fargo offers college aged kids plenty, it is a nice college town. Laramie meanwhile seems like Brookings west.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm sure most recruits think FBS/MWC offer...sweet...get to play Boise State/Fresno/UNLV, get to play on ESPN...etc...etc...etc. Laramie probably doesn't even hardly come into the equation.

I do think Fargo offers college aged kids plenty, it is a nice college town. Laramie meanwhile seems like Brookings west.
I've heard it compared more favorably to Pierre, SD. Have you been to Pierre? It's even more isolated.

gizmo
12-28-2013, 06:26 PM
As usual, the Bisonville rumor mill goes into meltdown over something totally unsubstantiated.

Recruits choose their college primarily to have a good chance to play at a high level with a winning program. Academics are secondary and the school's location usually means very little if anything. Right now, if I was Craig Bohl I wouldn't want to be going head to head with NDSU for the same recruits. He may be able to take one or two away but no more, IMO.

Ndsu84
12-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Bohl is going to Nebraska. He just has to go to why oming for a year so Bo lini has a little more time to be a dumbass. Then Nebraska can say they stole an FBS coach and their fans have more time to forget the stupid shit bohl did there.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Bohl is going to Nebraska. He just has to go to why oming for a year so Bo lini has a little more time to be a dumbass. Then Nebraska can say they stole an FBS coach and their fans have more time to forget the stupid shit bohl did there.This might be accurate. His 'dream job' will come up and he'll be gone.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 06:43 PM
This might be accurate. His 'dream job' will come up and he'll be gone.

I think that is Nebraska it is his alma matter after all, and he probably wants some redemption from his time coaching there.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I think that is Nebraska it is his alma matter after all, and he probably wants some redemption from his time coaching there.I agree with you. It would probably be his dream job. That would make Wyoming a quick stepping stone. It's also why Bohl & Vigen flew out to Oregon to try and keep their QB for another year.

CalBison97
12-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Bohl is going to Nebraska. He just has to go to why oming for a year so Bo lini has a little more time to be a dumbass. Then Nebraska can say they stole an FBS coach and their fans have more time to forget the stupid shit bohl did there.

Pelini will get fired this year. CB may miss out on Nebraska.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 06:51 PM

I'd say that Bohl is potentially Wyoming's version of Sarkasian...regarding his time at Washington.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 06:59 PM

Who knows if Bo can survive a few more years Bohl's timing might be perfect.

SomeBeach
12-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't have an issue with it. If kids don't want to come to NDSU for the school and program then they probably wouldn't anyway or at least not stay. If they are just going to WY because of Bohl then they aren't the kind of kids you want anyway. If I were a recruiter for NDSU I would ask those kids what will they do when Bohl leaves WY in 2-3 years because it's gonna happen.

Exactly this. A guy chooses to come play for NDSU (or anyone else, for that matter) due to a combination of factors, including - the school, the program, opportunities to play, and the coaches who are in place at that time. The importance of each of those factors (and several others, I would imagine) differs by person. If a guy put a lot of weight on who the coaches are at the time of his decision, and then that changes, I have no problem with a guy changing his mind.

And, why are we all assuming that it's Bohl reaching out to the kids, instead of the other way around?

td577
12-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Do you honestly think that a recruit uses that thought process?? It's obviously different when a grown adult thinks through those issues, but honestly and I'm sure I'll get ripped for this, Fargo doesn't have a lot of stuff to offer college age kids and most ppl who live there wouldn't have a clue untill they saw something else. I would have absolutely no problem rasing a family there though.

The good news is a few recruits in the past have picked NDSU over other schools because of academic reasons. Hopefully this will hold true some of the time.

I completely get what you are saying. I do think the only time it is going to be NDSU vs. Wyoming issue in a recruiting struggle is right now. I don't think this will come in play in the future as Bohl learns who he has to recruit.

As far as finding a school for the recruits, I do look back to my own experiences looking at colleges. I wasn't being recruited by D1 programs, but I was by a few D2 programs for a couple of different sports. Even at that level I remember sitting down with the coaches and discussing what I wanted out of college. My academic goals, my athletic goals, and how both they and I seeing how I would fit on campus. I remember it was factors like housing, proximity to classes, the social scene, and of course the number of pretty girls didn't hurt. I know it was completely different for me because I knew if was to pursue college athletics, that was the last stage for me. It wasn't confidence about playing beyond college, it was reality. I was a 5'9" shooting guard who liked to pass more than shoot and was known for defense more than offense. If you are strictly a role player at the college level, your physical attributes better line up to be able to fit that role at the next level. While I did end up running track, being a sprinter at the college level realizing that a 10.7 100M puts you in the top 1% of the population it is the bottom 10% of all college sprinters. So I do appreciate my experiences in the college recruiting game is a whole lot different than these kids playing either level of D1 football.

What I am getting at is what is the criteria these kids are looking for? I hope it is something like this:

1. Football program --> How do I fit into their 4-5 year plans and what are they going to do to help me grow as a player individually.
2. Academics --> Since the reality is even if I do play at the next level, there is still 40 some years of employment after that which needs to be prepared for. Does this school offer programs that fit my interests and will develop that foundation to hit the workforce running.
3. Social interaction --> Are there enough programs and activities going on at this school that will help me grow socially. Believe it or not, partying is part of this. Hopefully a small part though.
4. Family and community --> Does this institution support the values I hold dear and will I feel like this becomes an extension of my family and community I am leaving behind.

There are probably 100 more factors, but those are ones I hope someone is telling those kids they should be looking at. I also don't think a school is responsible for fitting the needs of every possible student that would consider coming here, otherwise there is no need for multiple academic institutions across the country. I do think NDSU offers a package for the right recruit and can fit the needs of those recruits looking for this experience. Then it goes back to what others are saying about if a recruit is going to sacrifice all of those things that fit for them because of a head coach, especially when the new coach has said there will not be any philosophical differences in the program, then maybe no one should want them there.

My only regret looking back at my experiences of college at 18 is that maybe I should have been one to leave athletics in the rear view mirror and look more at the school for the other factors. I think it would have been pretty cool to go to a college in a strictly college town like Iowa City and the University if Iowa, for example. I love visiting there and seeing the absolute madness about the college everywhere you turn around. Here in the F/M area the madness isn't about NDSU so much as it is about Bison football. We will take what we can get, but it isn't everything for everybody. It just has to be right for the right people.

ndsubison1
12-28-2013, 07:13 PM

theres a better chance of him being fired there than moving onto a place like nebraska or Iowa. hopefully wyoming fans are patient cuz i think he will struggle the first few years

ndsubison1
12-28-2013, 07:16 PM

you can still contact recruits its just limited to like one phone call a week or something

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I think that is Nebraska it is his alma matter after all, and he probably wants some redemption from his time coaching there.
A whole lot of big time boosters are gonna have to die for him to go back there. They have not forgotten. To this day I get grief from Neb friends about him.

PaBizon
12-28-2013, 07:20 PM
A whole lot of big time boosters are gonna have to die for him to go back there. They have not forgotten. To this day I get grief from Neb friends about him.

Agreed. They don't want him back

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
A whole lot of big time boosters are gonna have to die for him to go back there. They have not forgotten. To this day I get grief from Neb friends about him.I think that a more likely job would be Kansas State or Kansas.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Maybe Kansas or K-State (after Snyder decides to leave). But I still see his dream job as Nebraska. He may take a Big 12 job as a springboard to get back to Big Red.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Maybe Kansas or K-State (after Snyder decides to leave). But I still see his dream job as Nebraska. He may take a Big 12 job as a springboard to get back to Big Red.No doubt he'd like the Big Red job...but the politics are probably too heavy there.

90 BISON
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
No doubt he'd like the Big Red job...but the politics are probably too heavy there.

That is why he needs success at a Big 12 job first. Either way he probably will not be at Wyoming long.

onbison09
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Do you guys honestly think he can't put together a game plan (especially in 2 weeks) when he can only call a recruit once a day? It's not like he has no idea who these people are. I understand being disappointed but I don't get the fact this is going to stop him from game planning. However, I know he's been flying around talking to people like their QB. We should be more worried about that IMO.

SamsRams
12-28-2013, 07:53 PM
As usual, the Bisonville rumor mill goes into meltdown over something totally unsubstantiated.

Recruits choose their college primarily to have a good chance to play at a high level with a winning program. Academics are secondary and the school's location usually means very little if anything. Right now, if I was Craig Bohl I wouldn't want to be going head to head with NDSU for the same recruits. He may be able to take one or two away but no more, IMO.
What is unsubstantiated in the article?

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2013, 07:56 PM
What did Bohl do so bad at Nebraska that they wouldn't want him back under any circumstance?

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 08:06 PM
What did Bohl do so bad at Nebraska that they wouldn't want him back under any circumstance?
In yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36. The Huskers dropped from No. 2 to No. 6 in the wire service polls. In the ensuing days, No. 2 Florida lost to Tennessee, the Colorado Buffaloes went on to win the Big 12 Championship Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Football_Championship_Game) over No. 3 Texas, and in the SEC Championship Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game), No. 2 Tennessee was stunned by LSU. This left Miami as the undefeated and undisputed No. 1 team in the country but a host of other teams vying for #2. The BCS computers did not take into account at which point a team's loss came during the season. There were also components for strength of schedule, quality win, and margin of victory. With this calculation, one-loss Nebraska came out ahead of two-loss Colorado and one-loss, second-ranked Oregon.

Miami laid 37 on the Huskers in the championship game at the Rose Bowl.

Bohl was out of a job following this. Not sure if the whole staff went, or just him. He was the DC.

My source is wiki.

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
In yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36. The Huskers dropped from No. 2 to No. 6 in the wire service polls. In the ensuing days, No. 2 Florida lost to Tennessee, the Colorado Buffaloes went on to win the Big 12 Championship Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Football_Championship_Game) over No. 3 Texas, and in the SEC Championship Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game), No. 2 Tennessee was stunned by LSU. This left Miami as the undefeated and undisputed No. 1 team in the country but a host of other teams vying for #2. The BCS computers did not take into account at which point a team's loss came during the season. There were also components for strength of schedule, quality win, and margin of victory. With this calculation, one-loss Nebraska came out ahead of two-loss Colorado and one-loss, second-ranked Oregon.

Miami laid 37 on the Huskers in the championship game at the Rose Bowl.

Bohl was out of a job following this. Not sure if the whole staff went, or just him. He was the DC.

I'm not sure why Nebraska fans would completely disown him for that, he did win a NC with them I believe didn't he? If the guy proves he can coach at Wyoming I'm not sure why Nebraska wouldn't look at him if the opportunity comes up. Looks like he had a bad season under Solich - I do believe Solich was fired the next year also.

Bison"FANatic"
12-28-2013, 08:21 PM
All this makes me as unhappy as everyone else but we have less than one week left until we take the field to defend the 2 national championships and secure the third and put us in elite company. When your on top one of the few things that can take you down is internal conflict. We will have all off season to hash and rehash this over and over but until the championship game is over can we as boosters and rubes celebrate and enjoy what we have happening right now and not add to any controversy happening. One week isn't going to hurt and we have lots and lots of partying and tailgating and celebrating to do this week. No sense stirring the pot of controversy until this job is finished. The program is bigger than a few coaches and a few contacted recruits. It's about The Program The Program The Program.

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure why Nebraska fans would completely disown him for that, he did win a NC with them I believe didn't he? If the guy proves he can coach at Wyoming I'm not sure why Nebraska wouldn't look at him if the opportunity comes up. Looks like he had a bad season under Solich - I do believe Solich was fired the next year also.
Off the field issues that no one needs to talk about and I for one don't care to hear about anymore from Neb friends.

HerdBot
12-28-2013, 08:25 PM
All this makes me as unhappy as everyone else but we have less than one week left until we take the field to defend the 2 national championships and secure the third and put us in elite company. When your on top one of the few things that can take you down is internal conflict. We will have all off season to hash and rehash this over and over but until the championship game is over can we as boosters and rubes celebrate and enjoy what we have happening right now and not add to any controversy happening. One week isn't going to hurt and we have lots and lots of partying and tailgating and celebrating to do this week. No sense stirring the pot of controversy until this job is finished. The program is bigger than a few coaches and a few contacted recruits. It's about The Program The Program The Program.

^this^
After we three peat, rush the field in Frisco, and gain more exposure... we will get our coaches hired and finish off the recruiting class with a vengeance. Last years class was phenomenal and this years class is looking great so far. Just because Wyoming is OFFERING players doesn't mean they have COMMITTED. Big difference.

SamsRams
12-28-2013, 09:39 PM

crazy, but once again you are completely speaking out your ass. I can sit around and wait for you to provide the actual wording. I already know it, so it will be interesting to see how much you make up.

What does the contract that NDSU had with Bohl exactly? I remember there being language about taking a different job and recruiting NDSU recruits. I am disappointed that CB is doing this but not surprised. He is doing what is best for him and Wyoming. He know the recruits that he was after at NDSU so it is no surprise to me that he is going after them. Are the ethics questionable if this is true? Yes, but I am not surprised he is hired to win games at Wyoming.

Try the first post in this thread. actually always advised to read the first post in a thread

BISON Thunder
12-28-2013, 09:40 PM
http://trib.com/opinion/columns/the-attendance-numbers-don-t-lie-for-wyoming-football/article_3cbc3ea7-e94d-582e-ac93-35c1649238c0.html

I apologize in advance if the above link has already been posted. The link should lead to an editorial by Darrell Ehrlick of the Casper Star Tribune. The editorial was written about a year ago just after the last football season.

I have no idea the attendance figures for the Wyoming Cowboys this season or if the program advanced from the previous year. I respect Coach Bohl and the others leaving NDSU for UW...they have many reasons why the may want to move on. But after reading the editorial, I question why any recruit would want to choose to play football for the Cowboys over having an opportunity to play for the Bison. Maybe the allure of playing FBS football in front of 10,000 is something my simple mind cannot comprehend.

td577
12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
This time next week, the circus is over and the gloves can come off. No more Coach K worrying about stepping on toes, it will fully be his program. No secret meetings to secure recruits going on anymore in the offices. Straight up commitments from our staff and those recruits who want to come here. The Bohl era will end with a bang and it would only be fitting if he already planned on his own ride home. Time for Coach K to put the line in the sand 1 minute after the final gun. You are either with us or against us. The outgoing players can celebrate for the rest of their lives, after earned celebration time the returning players can get back to the business of winning, and new players can be invited along for the journey of a lifetime.

One coach, one recruit, or one off season will not define this program nor its direction.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2013, 10:14 PM
This time next week, the circus is over and the gloves can come off. No more Coach K worrying about stepping on toes, it will fully be his program. No secret meetings to secure recruits going on anymore in the offices. Straight up commitments from our staff and those recruits who want to come here. The Bohl era will end with a bang and it would only be fitting if he already planned on his own ride home. Time for Coach K to put the line in the sand 1 minute after the final gun. You are either with us or against us. The outgoing players can celebrate for the rest of their lives, after earned celebration time the returning players can get back to the business of winning, and new players can be invited along for the journey of a lifetime.

One coach, one recruit, or one off season will not define this program nor its direction. Good one td577.

semobison
12-28-2013, 10:19 PM
http://trib.com/opinion/columns/the-attendance-numbers-don-t-lie-for-wyoming-football/article_3cbc3ea7-e94d-582e-ac93-35c1649238c0.html

I apologize in advance if the above link has already been posted. The link should lead to an editorial by Darrell Ehrlick of the Casper Star Tribune. The editorial was written about a year ago just after the last football season.

I have no idea the attendance figures for the Wyoming Cowboys this season or if the program advanced from the previous year. I respect Coach Bohl and the others leaving NDSU for UW...they have many reasons why the may want to move on. But after reading the editorial, I question why any recruit would want to choose to play football for the Cowboys over having an opportunity to play for the Bison. Maybe the allure of playing FBS football in front of 10,000 is something my simple mind cannot comprehend.

According to the NCAA Wyoming averaged 20,000 plus in 2010, and 22,000 plus in 2011 and 2012. We averaged 15,000 and change in 2010!

westriver bison
12-28-2013, 10:22 PM

One coach, one recruit, or one off season will not define this program nor its direction.

Outstanding ...................

HerdBot
12-28-2013, 10:24 PM
According to the NCAA Wyoming averaged 20,000 plus in 2010, and 22,000 plus in 2011 and 2012. We averaged 15,000 and change in 2010!

If you take out the Thanksgiving weekend playoff game in 2010 that killed our average we were higher in 2010

Hammerhead
12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Wyoming's average home attendance has been around 20,000 +- 2,000 over the past few years.
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Stats/Football/Attendance/

1978Bison
12-28-2013, 10:43 PM

Agreed - let's enjoy the excitement of the next 7 days of anticipation, tail gating, cheering, and the possible third championship, and leave the controversy until 1/5/14.

BYZEN
12-28-2013, 10:53 PM

Just out of curiosity, do you know what UN_ reported for attendance the last 2 years? The Fargo area high schools have better attended games IMO from looking at shots of the stands in the "new Bison Indoor Practice Facility" to the North.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

BISON Thunder
12-28-2013, 11:04 PM

I think the point the writer is trying to make in the article is that there is a vast difference in "the announced, the paid, and the ticket scanned" attendance at the Cowboy football games (refer to the table in the article). I realize most schools do likewise...but no way UW averages near the number of fans at their football games (in recent years) than NDSU. They have games where only 6000 fans actually attend.

td577
12-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you know what UN_ reported for attendance the last 2 years? The Fargo area high schools have better attended games IMO from looking at shots of the stands in the "new Bison Indoor Practice Facility" to the North.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

They don't bother reporting it.

aces1180
12-28-2013, 11:05 PM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29987-2014-Recruiting-prospects&p=817065#post817065

The Virginian
12-29-2013, 01:26 AM
theres a better chance of him being fired there than moving onto a place like nebraska or Iowa. hopefully wyoming fans are patient cuz i think he will struggle the first few years

If recent experience holds true, then there is a five to six season window. Joe Glenn went six seasons with a record of 30-41 and one bowl appearance beating UCLA. Dave Christensen went five seasons with a record of 27-35 and two bowl appearances, beating Fresno State and losing to Temple. I think most Wyoming fan understand that Bohl has a building project on his hands. As long as he's demonstrating progress towards being competitive in the MWC then out fans will stand behind him.

As for the relative isolation of Laramie, there's actually more people within a 150-mile radius of Laramie than Fargo - I looked it up. Besides, we have this in our backyard...

http://www.skipharper.com/images/SScenic10a.jpg

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2013, 01:32 AM
If recent experience holds true, then there is a five to six season window. Joe Glenn went six seasons with a record of 30-41 and one bowl appearance beating UCLA. Dave Christensen went five seasons with a record of 27-35 and two bowl appearances, beating Fresno State and losing to Temple. I think most Wyoming fan understand that Bohl has a building project on his hands. As long as he's demonstrating progress towards being competitive in the MWC then out fans will stand behind him.

As for the relative isolation of Laramie, there's actually more people within a 150-mile radius of Laramie than Fargo - I looked it up. Besides, we have this in our backyard...

150 miles? So you get to count Denver. Big deal

How about 50 miles?

The Virginian
12-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Actually counting Denver, Colorado Springs, Cheyenne, Casper, Fort Collins, Boulder, Greely, Aurora, Golden, Steamboat Springs, Longmont, Vail, Aspen, Breckenridge, to name a few. Fifty miles in Wyoming is just a trip to the Seven-Eleven...:)

EndZoneQB
12-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Actually counting Denver, Colorado Springs, Cheyenne, Casper, Fort Collins, Boulder, Greely, Aurora, Golden, Steamboat Springs, Longmont, Vail, Aspen, Breckenridge, to name a few. Fifty miles in Wyoming is just a trip to the Seven-Eleven...:)

Haha, exactly. 50 miles to my summer weekend home.

CaBisonFan
12-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Actually counting Denver, Colorado Springs, Cheyenne, Casper, Fort Collins, Boulder, Greely, Aurora, Golden, Steamboat Springs, Longmont, Vail, Aspen, Breckenridge, to name a few. Fifty miles in Wyoming is just a trip to the Seven-Eleven...:)Breckenridge is 176 miles away...Aspen is 261 miles away...Colorado Springs is 213 miles away...Denver is 145 miles away. But I like optimism.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2013, 01:58 AM

That sounds like a total pain in the ass to me. Which is why, as I have stated before, I'm glad we got an opportunity besides Wyoming.

MAKBison
12-29-2013, 02:00 AM
What???? obviously you never been to Laramie. BTW Do you think Kmart will be the new wardrobe sponsor for CB---its about all the got.

The Virginian
12-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Breckenridge is 176 miles away...Aspen is 261 miles away...Colorado Springs is 213 miles away...Denver is 145 miles away. But I like optimism.

Yeah, my bad, I bolo'ed the distance to Aspen and Breckenridge. When I went there they didn't seem that far away. We always left real early in the morning to make sure we got there when the lifts opened.

The trips to the CS didn't seem all that bad when we went down to see the Cowboys play the Falcons.

The Virginian
12-29-2013, 02:58 AM
What???? obviously you never been to Laramie. BTW Do you think Kmart will be the new wardrobe sponsor for CB---its about all the got.

Coach Bohl probably already knows where all the great men's wear stores are in Denver. It's true, you don't go to Laramie for high fashion, I never did and I don't know anyone else who did either. That's not Laramie's thing. Whatever. If if makes you feel better by bashing away at the Gem City of the Plains, go ahead. No one there really cares what people in North Dakota think of them or any other place for that matter.

tcbison
12-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Part of me thinks that Wyoming offering the same people that NDSU is offering is just being lazy or desparate on the Pokes side. Funny how NDSU is considered a subdivision lower but yet they are recruiting a lot of the same players. Also you would think that being in the Mountain West would open more doors to different recruits. Maybe not so much in Wyomings case. I suppose Bohl knows what type of recruit helped him win at NDSU so he is going after the same type of players. However, you would think his recruiting grounds would change a little.

SamsRams
12-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Part of me thinks that Wyoming offering the same people that NDSU is offering is just being lazy or desparate on the Pokes side. Funny how NDSU is considered a subdivision lower but yet they are recruiting a lot of the same players. Also you would think that being in the Mountain West would open more doors to different recruits. Maybe not so much in Wyomings case. I suppose Bohl knows what type of recruit helped him win at NDSU so he is going after the same type of players. However, you would think his recruiting grounds would change a little.

It will change as he will have to go more west. but let's remember the Cowboys only had 4 verbals when he took over and NDSU had 13. He was way behind on filling their 2014 class

GOBISON123
12-29-2013, 04:03 AM
Apparently WYO not too happy about a FBS school competing with FCS for recruits. :rofl:
---------------------------------------------------------
bjc ‏@BCasavan
@mikevorel so competition with ndsu for recruits....not sure we should be excited about that...

Mike Vorel ‏@mikevorel
@BCasavan must consider that NDSU is a much better team than Wyoming right now.

bjc ‏@BCasavan
@mikevorel ouch.....

@mikevorel just concerns me ...obviously I assume he knows what he is doing...but rather see him fighting-stealing stealing FBS recruits

-------------------------

sbark
12-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Appears Bohl is loosing his starting QB....declared for the NFL.
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/brett-smith-qb-wyoming.278142/

RECENT NEWS
Wyoming junior QB Brett Smith declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.
The Wyoming football program is undergoing a bit of change with the firing of Dave Christensen, now Utah's offensive coordinator, and the hiring of North Dakota State's Craig Bohl. Smith is a very intriguing talent, utilizing a combination of mobility and quick release. It might sound crazy now, but we wouldn't be surprised if some teams rank Smith over Johnny Manziel. Dec 27 - 9:44 PM

NDSUSR
12-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Bohl is a good coach, too bad he doesnt practice what he preaches to the players.
Its still academia. Ethics and morals still count. #SHADY

ndsubison1
12-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Coach Bohl probably already knows where all the great men's wear stores are in Denver. It's true, you don't go to Laramie for high fashion, I never did and I don't know anyone else who did either. That's not Laramie's thing. Whatever. If if makes you feel better by bashing away at the Gem City of the Plains, go ahead. No one there really cares what people in North Dakota think of them or any other place for that matter.

oh shit! they dont care what we think of them you guys!

HerdBot
12-29-2013, 07:59 AM

Yeah if you want a 2 1/2 hour drive. It's like Fargo people driving to Minneapolis

MAKBison
12-29-2013, 08:21 AM
CMON... I have spent a lot of time there....was almost a cowboy myself. In all, I am not really bashing it. The truth of the matter is that its not a great place, its dirty, its windy (yes more than Fargo even) and there is dick for things to do there. For those who do not know, Its a lot like Moorhead (Without the rest of the F-M) at least in sight and stature...a little smaller actually. Now with saying all of that, if someone likes living there good for them. I am not trying to change anyone's mind or to compare F-M to Laramie. I Am just giving a perspective from someone who thought about calling the place home. That is All!

As for the clothing call out, it was more about me making fun of the NY times article concerning CB and his deal with the local Strauss (IMO it makes CB sound like he is a High society prick---nothing wrong with liking your suits, just my perception of how that whole ordeal comes off. However, There new commercial about CB leaving for Laramie and using their online services is kinda funny. But whatever who gives shit!

Jem of the Prairie my ass, that's like Fargo claiming to be the gate way to the west.

BisonHorns
12-29-2013, 01:30 PM

Wow you have that! Come to Fargo and we can show you what we have.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/731109/getting-punched-snl-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/731109/getting-punched-snl.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

BisonNeil
12-29-2013, 03:11 PM
CMON... I have spent a lot of time there....was almost a cowboy myself. In all, I am not really bashing it. The truth of the matter is that its not a great place, its dirty, its windy (yes more than Fargo even) and there is dick for things to do there. For those who do not know, Its a lot like Moorhead (Without the rest of the F-M) at least in sight and stature...a little smaller actually. Now with saying all of that, if someone likes living there good for them. I am not trying to change anyone's mind or to compare F-M to Laramie. I Am just giving a perspective from someone who thought about calling the place home. That is All!

As for the clothing call out, it was more about me making fun of the NY times article concerning CB and his deal with the local Strauss (IMO it makes CB sound like he is a High society prick---nothing wrong with liking your suits, just my perception of how that whole ordeal comes off. However, There new commercial about CB leaving for Laramie and using their online services is kinda funny. But whatever who gives shit!

Jem of the Prairie my ass, that's like Fargo claiming to be the gate way to the west.

I actually get a kick out of Straus's recent radio ad, have you heard it?

Rick Straus starts out congratulating the Bison and HC Craig Bohl and wishing him well in his new job at WY, then says how pleased they have been to have served Bison athletics by suiting up Bohl although they had no idea that when they fitted him for his most recent brown suit it was for his introduction at a press conference in Laramie. Then Rick says he looked up Laramie and found no men's clothing stores there that sell fine men's clothes but then tells Craig to check out Straus' new website where he can order anything he wants on line, after all, they have all his measurements.

I thought it was pretty original, and funny.

Bison bison
12-29-2013, 04:35 PM
The commercial is hilarious.

Especially if you listen at the very end where the guy quietly asks his assistant if he's got any smallpox blankets left over from the 1880's to make Bohl a handkerchief out of.

BlueBisonRock
12-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Gateway to the west? Last billboard I saw with that claim stated Mandan, which is believable as they are the first city you see when you go west river. Loved the Strauss commercial!

td577
12-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Gateway to the west? Last billboard I saw with that claim stated Mandan, which is believable as they are the first city you see when you go west river. Loved the Strauss commercial!

I thought St. Louis is the gateway to the west.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2013, 06:21 PM

That's what the seal of Fargo used to say. Not sure where they got the motto.

BlueBisonRock
12-29-2013, 06:22 PM

To the rest of the world (outside of west river), I believe this is true.

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2013, 06:34 PM
To the rest of the world (outside of west river), I believe this is true.

To the Real world this is correct. Dickinson is the 'Western Edge'

MAKBison
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Agreed it is funny.
I actually get a kick out of Straus's recent radio ad, have you heard it?

Rick Straus starts out congratulating the Bison and HC Craig Bohl and wishing him well in his new job at WY, then says how pleased they have been to have served Bison athletics by suiting up Bohl although they had no idea that when they fitted him for his most recent brown suit it was for his introduction at a press conference in Laramie. Then Rick says he looked up Laramie and found no men's clothing stores there that sell fine men's clothes but then tells Craig to check out Straus' new website where he can order anything he wants on line, after all, they have all his measurements.

I thought it was pretty original, and funny.

MAKBison
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
The Mts. are fun to look at, fun to visit, suck to live in. Surprised anyone form WY would actually claim half of those places you listed in CO---not very compatible. Also, your numbers are a bit lite, gangland is a bit difficult for the Census folks to accurately measure.

Wow you have that! Come to Fargo and we can show you what we have.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/731109/getting-punched-snl-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/731109/getting-punched-snl.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

MAKBison
12-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah and every border town in MT uses Gate way to the west for the Motto as well.

IzzyFlexion
12-31-2013, 03:09 AM
we have this in our backyard...

You have a fairly good sized backyard......

Facts
12-31-2013, 03:12 AM
Anyone else check out the live chat last night with izzo, kolpack, and big e? Interesting convo on the current situation.

Ndsu84
12-31-2013, 03:14 AM
What was most interesting ?

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Anyone else check out the live chat last night with izzo, kolpack, and big e? Interesting convo on the current situation.

Saw it. All had the same take on it. They asked about it in the press conference today. Bohl saiid he couldn't talk about recruits.
http://youtu.be/e0IqiWQ88Zk

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2013, 03:37 AM
Saw it. All had the same take on it. They asked about it in the press conference today. Bohl saiid he couldn't talk about recruits.
http://youtu.be/e0IqiWQ88Zk

He was clearly uncomfortable when Jeff asked it..... and he did not look happy. It was easy to dodge since he can't really about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
12-31-2013, 03:43 AM
You have a fairly good sized backyard......

I've been to his house, the backyard is huge but in front he barely has room for the mailbox between the front step and the street.

westnodak93bison
12-31-2013, 04:01 AM
He was clearly uncomfortable when Jeff asked it..... and he did not look happy. It was easy to dodge since he can't really about it.

Did you catch the part where Bohl said him and CK have talked about recruits?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

td577
12-31-2013, 04:08 AM
Did you catch the part where Bohl said him and CK have talked about recruits?

I bet those have been interesting conversations.

1998braves64
12-31-2013, 04:13 AM
Maybe Klieman has his type of players he wants in his system and gave Bohl the green light to "pursue" the ones he doesn't want?

[slightly purple]

MontBison
12-31-2013, 04:30 AM
Well according to bohl in his presser there hasn't been any conflicts.

BisonFan02
12-31-2013, 04:35 AM
Well according to bohl in his presser there hasn't been any conflicts.

That sure clears things up.....what else was he supposed to say?

SamsRams
12-31-2013, 05:30 AM

It was easy to dodge if you dont ask the right question. I love Koplack, but he didnt really nail the question. Yes if is against rules to talk about specific recruits, it is not against any rules to discuss recruiting philosophies. What areas to you plan to pursue for Wyoming? Do you see any conflict in offering players who are being recruited by Klieman? Will you share the data you gathered on athletes while working for NDSU with the staff that will be staying at NDSU? Have the coaches who are leaving with you, touched base with the players they offered while at NDSU, to explain the situation?

Now we all know he wont answer any of that, but at least he cant use the BS line, "I cant talk about recruiting" No coach you cant talk about recruits, you can talk about recruiting

BisonNation11
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Here's a read with a little of something we already figured was going on. Kudos to the players for keeping their focus on the game and not the circus that surrounds them.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/bohls-long-departure-from-ndsu-becoming-ugly-behind-the-scenes/

mnriverbison
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Careful out there, it's a harsh world once you step out of the Fargo bubble.

mnriverbison
12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Part of me thinks that Wyoming offering the same people that NDSU is offering is just being lazy or desparate on the Pokes side.

Happens all the time. NDSU didn't recruit those players, Bohl and his staff did on behalf of NDSU...because they like those players. They looked all around the HS football ranks for players who will thrive in their system. What should they do, delete their memories and start from scratch when they move to WY?

I can't believe the butthurt of Dec 7 has come back full circle again.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Here's a read with a little of something we already figured was going on. Kudos to the players for keeping their focus on the game and not the circus that surrounds them.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/bohls-long-departure-from-ndsu-becoming-ugly-behind-the-scenes/

Couple observations, if we can trust McFeely with unnamed sources (he must love being out of the newspaper......):

1. I think Klieman had not made up his mind when Gene first talked to him. (Remember, he put Gene off initially based on the teleconference.) I am sure he knew even talking to Gene was likely "picking sides." Wonder if Bohl was pressing him?
2. McFeeley did an excellent, excellent job talking about why keep Bohl was the right decision despite all this:

"For those who say Taylor should've told Bohl to leave, sources say Taylor couldn't do that because Vigen and other key assistants would've also left, leaving NDSU with a skeleton staff to try and win a national title. "The assistants are under contract until the end of the year, but there is nothing keeping them here. They would have just left," one person said."

I must say the way McFeeley wrote the article is almost exactly how I feel. I feel incredibly indebted to Craig Bohl for what he did in righting this great program. I also shared incredible concern about the recruiting situation, even if I firmly thought he needed to stay. I feel it was the "least bad option." Sure sound like that is the opinions of the folks he interviewed.

Edit: One last comment: I was shocked that Kolpack as a very, very tough question of bohl, even if not asked the best way as Sams pointed out. Can't help but wonder if he is hearing exactly the same things as McFeely.

A1pigskin
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM

They need to stay focused, too big of game to piss it all away.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Well if I were to do something like this in my profession, it would be considered theft. Any work, effort and/or the results of said effort belongs to the person that paid me for said services.

Happens all the time. NDSU didn't recruit those players, Bohl and his staff did on behalf of NDSU...because they like those players. They looked all around the HS football ranks for players who will thrive in their system. What should they do, delete their memories and start from scratch when they move to WY?

mnriverbison
12-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Well if I were to do something like this in my profession, it would be considered theft. Any work, effort and/or the results of said effort belongs to the person that paid me for said services.

Yeah I bet your employment contract (assuming you have one since you are comparing your job to that of a college football coach) is probably pretty clear on that.

So what of plays that Bohl thought of while coaching the Bison? Do you suppose those are now the intellectual property of the State of North Dakota? Should the state as rightful owner share them with the new UND coach?

And how do you feel about the intellectual property from Bohl's past jobs that he stole to help succeed at NDSU? Does the 3 peat feel like less fun knowing that Bohl stole secrets from past employers to win them? And surely the coordinators we are "stealing" from other MVFC schools will be brainwashed upon arrival in Fargo so we don't steal any IP from those rival schools.

Where do you draw the line with this nonsense? His job isn't like yours. At all. This is standard order stuff for any college football coach. The only loss of "honor" in this situation is the honor that Bisonville had in our heads about how our past gains have been won. It's a cutthroat business and we have been lucky to have a throat slasher in our corner the past decade. Hopefully Coach K isn't the kind of pansy you all thought Bohl was. I want another 10 years of (figurative) throat slashing.

westnodak93bison
12-31-2013, 02:29 PM
That sure clears things up.....what else was he supposed to say?

Could it be the truth?

td577
12-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah I bet your employment contract (assuming you have one since you are comparing your job to that of a college football coach) is probably pretty clear on that.

So what of plays that Bohl thought of while coaching the Bison? Do you suppose those are now the intellectual property of the State of North Dakota? Should the state as rightful owner share them with the new UND coach?

And how do you feel about the intellectual property from Bohl's past jobs that he stole to help succeed at NDSU? Does the 3 peat feel like less fun knowing that Bohl stole secrets from past employers to win them? And surely the coordinators we are "stealing" from other MVFC schools will be brainwashed upon arrival in Fargo so we don't steal any IP from those rival schools.

Where do you draw the line with this nonsense? His job isn't like yours. At all. This is standard order stuff for any college football coach. The only loss of "honor" in this situation is the honor that Bisonville had in our heads about how our past gains have been won. It's a cutthroat business and we have been lucky to have a throat slasher in our corner the past decade. Hopefully Coach K isn't the kind of pansy you all thought Bohl was. I want another 10 years of (figurative) throat slashing.

There doesn't have to be a line drawn. He signed a contract saying he would not reach out to recruits already contacted by NDSU if he left for the period stipulated in the contract. How does the line get any more clear than that?

So he should be excused because unethical behavior has been needed to win the championships? That is plain ludicrous. I thought the reports have always been we run a clean program and can win football games doing things the right way. So now on his way out, this contractually agreed upon misbehavior is acceptable because college is a cutthroat business?

The only way your excuses work for Bohl is to blur the lines and to come up with the rationale this is the way college football does business. Even if that is true, he agreed he would not be part of that. In a freaking contract. If that part isn't so important, maybe there are other parts not so important either, like playoff bonuses.

Until someone from the school says there was an agreement made for some of those recruits, there is no excuse for Bohl's behavior. He knows better.

kab1one
12-31-2013, 03:05 PM

You see it all the time. People leave job; whether is a bank, insurance, tech sale, law firm. What do they do? Take clients. That is why they are contacted by the next company. Coaching is no different.

Non compete, non contact rule with recruits? Try and enforce. You can't. Non compete are difficult at best to defend.

Is it the honorable thing not to contact coaches and NDSU recruits? Sure it. Is it reality and do you expect Coach Bohl to not do everything he can to win at the next level? I would expect him to take anything and everything he can. That is why, whether its business, coaching, relationships, when its over its over. Someone quits the bank, for a new bank, you don't get to put in two weeks, you are walked out. I am surprised that the friction discussed hasn't come up earlier.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 03:12 PM
I really dont think the academic side is so different than the sports side, but that's here nor there. On one hand its really not all that complicated and at the same time yes there are a lot of shades of grey. If your recruiting for one school while getting paid by another your in violation....pretty simply. Playbooks, notes, etc. are no different than a customer list. No different, than the notes conclusions made by the X university department while working on y project. And I agree, that's why in most places when your done, you are locked out and escorted off..... so you cant take client lists, notes etc. At the same time, if you know you are leaving and start the process of collecting information, making copies, etc because you know you are leaving and your intent is to use these materials in your new job then your in violation.

Let me ask a question.....do you really think CB deiced the day of the game to take the WY job. if you answer yes---CMON! He and staff knew well in advance. Don't you find interesting that the kids asked to come in on for that game (right before the day he announces he is moviing to WY) are the same kids he targets for WY...HMMMMM! So who was he recruiting for us or them? IDK the answer to that, but if its the later and If I and most everyone else where to do something like that, it would be a theft.

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2013, 03:13 PM

That is complete BS. What Bohl is doing is unethical as hell. Let's let these kids win another Natty and then I say to Bohl, Vigen, Cooper and the others............don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Bohl had a gun to the head of NDSU with his timining. I suspect he is getting paid from both schools and stayed on to pocket the extra cash from the playoff wins. He may wear green and gold on Saturday, but it is evident he is really working for the brown and gold.

HerdBot
12-31-2013, 03:17 PM
You see it all the time. People leave job; whether is a bank, insurance, tech sale, law firm. What do they do? Take clients. That is why they are contacted by the next company. Coaching is no different.

Non compete, non contact rule with recruits? Try and enforce. You can't. Non compete are difficult at best to defend.

Is it the honorable thing not to contact coaches and NDSU recruits? Sure it. Is it reality and do you expect Coach Bohl to not do everything he can to win at the next level? I would expect him to take anything and everything he can. That is why, whether its business, coaching, relationships, when its over its over. Someone quits the bank, for a new bank, you don't get to put in two weeks, you are walked out. I am surprised that the friction discussed hasn't come up earlier.

A friend of mine is a CPA. He tried to take clients with him to his new firm and forgot it was in the contract. Ended up settling outside of court in ND. Big difference between intellectual property, no compete, and other provisions. On the flip side a decade ago I went to work for a competitor and it was laughable when I got the letter in the mail. Different situation

gotts
12-31-2013, 03:22 PM
A friend of mine is a CPA. He tried to take clients with him to his new firm and forgot it was in the contract. Ended up settling outside of court in ND. Big difference between intellectual property, no compete, and other provisions. On the flip side a decade ago I went to work for a competitor and it was laughable when I got the letter in the mail. Different situation

There's more than one place that employs bots around town?

westnodak93bison
12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
I think we need to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. We obviously don't know the whole story. Remember there are always two sides to every story and getting all butt hurt about a few recruits is stupid.
IMHO, the recruits are smart enough to know about the contract stuff. For all you guys worrying about the blurry ethical stuff what do you think about a recruit going with Bohl even though they probably know all the contract details? Do we really want that kid? Maybe the only reason the kid was interested in NDSU was because of Bohl? Do you blame them for now having interest in WY?

This is kind of an unprecedented situation. Relax and let the shit settle out. It will be over on Saturday afternoon, hopefully with another WIN.

HerdBot
12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
I think we need to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. We obviously don't know the whole story. Remember there are always two sides to every story and getting all butt hurt about a few recruits is stupid.
IMHO, the recruits are smart enough to know about the contract stuff. For all you guys worrying about the blurry ethical stuff what do you think about a recruit going with Bohl even though they probably know all the contract details? Do we really want that kid? Maybe the only reason the kid was interested in NDSU was because of Bohl? Do you blame them for now having interest in WY?

This is kind of an unprecedented situation. Relax and let the shit settle out. It will be over on Saturday afternoon, hopefully with another WIN.

I think McFeely is looking for some website hits. Yeah there is probably some tension but the reality is every workplace has some tension. I do applaud Bohl for sticking around or we may not even be back in Frisco. Both coaches are in a tough spot. The recruiting is a bi product of an odd situation.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2013, 03:36 PM

that pretty much sums it up. Let's get through Saturday, and this pretty much goes away, other than probably every NDSU recruit getting a Wyo offer at that point. (and good luck enforcing that too, even though a more blatant contract violation)

kab1one
12-31-2013, 03:37 PM

Unless you are an owner or shareholder, for all practical purposes non compete's in ND aren't enforceable. I bought a client list fo $700,000. Seller, moved to Grand Forks, contacted all the clients. Took about half of them back.

On the CPA side, you leave one firm and go to another, although you may have a non compete, they aren't enforceable in ND. The old firm will send you a nasty letter and threaten but at the end of the day, you won't win.

Now, if your friend, settled and in essence bought the client list, that is a different deal.

With Bohl and his contract, the one way NDSU could potentially collect is if they owe him bonus money for winning the national championship, attendance, but that is a fine line to walk on NDSU's part, as that is a compensation and its very hard to withhold compensation from an employee. So NDSU may have difficulty enforcing anything in regards to the contacting of recruits. Very hard to prove.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 03:40 PM
I dont think anyone needs to be butt hurt about any of this. It is what it is! As soon as everyone gets out of the same building and moves on, it will be forgotten. Some recruits will go to WY most will come to SU. someday CB Come back to be inducted into the Bison Hall...guess what, we will all clap and reminisce how awesome the last few years have been (BTW I think can go to the NC 4 years in a row, buts thats a different thread) My point, I am not being butt hurt, but I do find the technicalities of the issue fascinating.

westnodak93bison
12-31-2013, 03:40 PM
I hope NDSU does not try and withhold payment to any of the coaches leaving. IMHO, that would be childish at best.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 03:43 PM
I agree, if they wanted to go through the pain of determining how much effort he put into WY while employed they could do that---might win. Maybe get reimbursed the expense of a few specific recruits. Would SU do that nope! If SU decided to do it, would WY pay up---I bet they would. In reality your talking pennies!

Unless you are an owner or shareholder, for all practical purposes non compete's in ND aren't enforceable. I bought a client list fo $700,000. Seller, moved to Grand Forks, contacted all the clients. Took about half of them back.

On the CPA side, you leave one firm and go to another, although you may have a non compete, they aren't enforceable in ND. The old firm will send you a nasty letter and threaten but at the end of the day, you won't win.

Now, if your friend, settled and in essence bought the client list, that is a different deal.

With Bohl and his contract, the one way NDSU could potentially collect is if they owe him bonus money for winning the national championship, attendance, but that is a fine line to walk on NDSU's part, as that is a compensation and its very hard to withhold compensation from an employee. So NDSU may have difficulty enforcing anything in regards to the contacting of recruits. Very hard to prove.

HerdBot
12-31-2013, 03:45 PM

They went to court and settled out of court. Not sure how much but they must have felt they had a case. In my separate situation, my employer said I couldn't work for a competitor. Unenforceable because you can't tell someone they can work in their career field. I just laughed and tossed the letter in the trash. Never heard from them... but I didn't bring any clients with me either. But at the end of the day, Bohl isn't offering our current verbals anyway so I just don't think it's a big deal. I'm really not concerned since we're 4 days away and the attention will quickly shift to recruiting. Debating the legality of it is lame anyway. Besides do we want players who are not committed? Hell no

kab1one
12-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I hope NDSU does not try and withhold payment to any of the coaches leaving. IMHO, that would be childish at best.

I don't think you can legally withhold compensation. If someone leaves and you owe them compensation, but feel you have a claim for other matters against, the state, North Dakota in this case will side with employee. The other issues you have with employee are settled by the lawyers.

So what recourse NDSU would have in the matter of violating the non recruit clause, would be to sue him. What else, don't really know.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 03:47 PM
I am not a fan of the MC, but I think his article was pretty good. YOU gotta remember, he does not care about SU, he cares about ratings. As long as he is not making things up then I am fine with it....I dont think he is making things up. He is just airing laundry some might not want him to air.

QUOTE=gabe;819656]I think McFeely is looking for some website hits. Yeah there is probably some tension but the reality is every workplace has some tension. I do applaud Bohl for sticking around or we may not even be back in Frisco. Both coaches are in a tough spot. The recruiting is a bi product of an odd situation.[/I am not a fan of QUOTE]

kab1one
12-31-2013, 03:47 PM
They went to court and settled out of court. Not sure how much but they must have felt they had a case. In my separate situation, my employer said I couldn't work for a competitor. Unenforceable because you can't tell someone they can work in their career field. I just laughed and tossed the letter in the trash. Never heard from them... but I didn't bring any clients with me either. But at the end of the day, Bohl isn't offering our current verbals anyway so I just don't think it's a big deal. I'm really not concerned since we're 4 days away and the attention will quickly shift to recruiting.

Aren't there enough recruits to go around? Obviously if some NDSU recruits don't come here its a loss of time and money to recruit, but you would think others are willing to come. Plus you always have the issue of how many will wash out, not make the grade, etc...

Bison 4 Life
12-31-2013, 03:49 PM
God damn, lets just get through the next 4 days. Give him what he's owed and tell him happy trails. We have a great coaching staff shaping up and a ton of returning talent. Our recruits will make their decisions and we will be just fine.

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 03:49 PM
I think in the end you get the kids that want to be at NDSU. TO me that is much better!

Aren't there enough recruits to go around? Obviously if some NDSU recruits don't come here its a loss of time and money to recruit, but you would think others are willing to come. Plus you always have the issue of how many will wash out, not make the grade, etc...

Kermit
12-31-2013, 03:58 PM
I dont think anyone needs to be butt hurt about any of this. It is what it is! As soon as everyone gets out of the same building and moves on, it will be forgotten. Some recruits will go to WY most will come to SU. someday CB Come back to be inducted into the Bison Hall...guess what, we will all clap and reminisce how awesome the last few years have been (BTW I think can go to the NC 4 years in a row, buts thats a different thread) My point, I am not being butt hurt, but I do find the technicalities of the issue fascinating.

Bohl's actions may not be illegal in ND or anywhere else, but I believe they are highly unethical. Recruiting directly against NDSU while he is sitting in his NDSU office and being paid by NDSU doesn't sit right with me. I don't think NDSU has any recourse. They could fire him immediately, but that would probably not be in the best interest of the current players and their interest should come first. I am idealistic but not naive. I fully realize that many others would probably do exactly what Bohl is doing. That doesn't make it right and I won't overlook it. The Chris Klieman era is about to begin.

There is a game to be played on Saturday. There is a group of young men that have been preparing for this moment for a long time--in many cases for a lifetime. May the best team win, and Go Bison!

MAKBison
12-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Just to introduce some reality.... our discussing has nothing to do with this team/weeks game and or how the team preforms. It is perfectly fine for this discussion to take place, just as it perfectly fine for differing opinions.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Just to introduce some reality.... our discussing has nothing to do with this team/weeks game and or how the team preforms. It is perfectly fine for this discussion to take place, just as it perfectly fine for differing opinions.

Here, here, and honestly, the opinions don't diverge that much, honestly. I feel very similar to Kermit, other than I will never dwell on the negative with Bohl. Life is too short.

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Remember.......Bohl ought to be loyal as hell to Gene and NDSU. When Gene tooka chance on hiring Bohl as a head coach, he was a fired DC from a failing Nebraska program. Bohl was also exiting Nebraska with a nasty divorce and some less than stellar behavior with young women. Yes, Bohl is a hell of a coach, but, NDSU gave him the opportunity to resurect a career that was on life support.

Bohl has been well paid and treated very well in Fargo. NDSU and the Bison fans deserve a classy exit. Unfortunately, because of Bohl's ethics we are getting less than that.

westnodak93bison
12-31-2013, 04:14 PM
You have to admit Bohl is kind of in a pickle. Trying to keep both sides happy. I don't envy his position. He has obligations to both schools and some cross over recruiting is inevitable. I highly doubt he has a nice list of potential recruits from his predecessor that will fit his style of play on either side of the ball. If he would have went to a big time school the NDSU recruits may not have been in the picture or maybe only as a walkon. It will be difficult for him to get "better" athletes to Laramie. We will compete with WY for years to come imho.

HerdBot
12-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Bohl's actions may not be illegal in ND or anywhere else, but I believe they are highly unethical. Recruiting directly against NDSU while he is sitting in his NDSU office and being paid by NDSU doesn't sit right with me. I don't think NDSU has any recourse. They could fire him immediately, but that would probably not be in the best interest of the current players and their interest should come first. I am idealistic but not naive. I fully realize that many others would probably do exactly what Bohl is doing. That doesn't make it right and I won't overlook it. The Chris Klieman era is about to begin.

There is a game to be played on Saturday. There is a group of young men that have been preparing for this moment for a long time--in many cases for a lifetime. May the best team win, and Go Bison!

Well said!
4 more days. No reason to get the panties in a bunch because we won't see much movement in the next 4 days anyway. Time of focus on Frisco and putting our names into the history books. Then we can deal with the recruits. If they can't wait a week...

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Here is a column from Mike Vorel of WY.
http://bit.ly/1dkD99q
It's different when it's you...

td577
12-31-2013, 05:08 PM
I know I am not butthurt over all of this, but I do find it very interesting. This is a business ethics class going on in front of our eyes. Is it right or wrong? Does a preached value system take a back seat to competition? If a person finds a loophole in a contract, does that make those follow up actions ethical, by default? Does the worst case scenario, that all of these allegations are true, stain Bohl's legacy? Does it make it ok because these kids haven't committed to anything yet even if the contract states a different standard? If this is the "normal" way of doing business, why have those stipulations in the contract to begin with? What level of communication with a recruit constitutes contact?

I agree with most, it is what it is, but I do get slightly bothered by some who are trying to justify his actions if they are, in fact, egregious as reported.

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Here is a pretty good post about this whole thing. Bohl will leave and when we talk about it will will start with 'remember that circus during the playoffs?'. But when we talk about these players, good memories. I am gonna have the time of my life and cheer on my team. And when it's over I'm not gonna worry about the guys who left.

http://bit.ly/1ckxFqr

tjbison
12-31-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope people start to worry less about Bohl and start to support COACH Klieman, he will be a great leader

Bohl is the past and CK is the future get on the damn bandwagon

kab1one
12-31-2013, 06:06 PM
I know I am not butthurt over all of this, but I do find it very interesting. This is a business ethics class going on in front of our eyes. Is it right or wrong? Does a preached value system take a back seat to competition? If a person finds a loophole in a contract, does that make those follow up actions ethical, by default? Does the worst case scenario, that all of these allegations are true, stain Bohl's legacy? Does it make it ok because these kids haven't committed to anything yet even if the contract states a different standard? If this is the "normal" way of doing business, why have those stipulations in the contract to begin with? What level of communication with a recruit constitutes contact?

I agree with most, it is what it is, but I do get slightly bothered by some who are trying to justify his actions if they are, in fact, egregious as reported.

Is, has Coach Bohl been on too high of pedestal for too long? As Charles Barkley noted, he isn't a role model, so should the Coach be considered one? For too long it has been presented "trust Coach Bohl", "Coach Bohl signed the contract so he is staying", etc. Whereas he did what he had the right to do.

Is it right? I don't know. Timing is bad, but it is, what it is. At the end of the day we can only worry about what we can do and if you think Coach Bohl is a role model, use it as a teaching lesson. My kids are of the age that they asked "why did Coach Bohl Leave"? Because that is the options he has available to him. Wish him the best.

underdawg
12-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Is, has Coach Bohl been on too high of pedestal for too long? As Charles Barkley noted, he isn't a role model, so should the Coach be considered one? For too long it has been presented "trust Coach Bohl", "Coach Bohl signed the contract so he is staying", etc. Whereas he did what he had the right to do.

Is it right? I don't know. Timing is bad, but it is, what it is. At the end of the day we can only worry about what we can do and if you think Coach Bohl is a role model, use it as a teaching lesson. My kids are of the age that they asked "why did Coach Bohl Leave"? Because that is the options he has available to him. Wish him the best.

Yeh as an SIU fan I was POed when Kill left for Northern Illinois. He recruited some players we were at SIU but that happens. Now we are more worried about getting current recruits and some new coaches to replace those going to the Dakotas. So on the end, Bison fans will get over it and realize what Bohl has done for the program. He was a great coach---Go Bison!

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Wish him the best.

Well, I live in WYO, have watched this shit show develop. And you are right.....Bohl is just a coach. I am a BISON fan. I don't wish him the best once he is no longer doing anything for the Bison.......I don't really give a fuck what happens to him. His lack of ethics has shown how he really operates. Fake smile and all.

It was a whale of a run..............

Da_Bison
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Well, I live in WYO, have watched this shit show develop. And you are right.....Bohl is just a coach. I am a BISON fan. I don't wish him the best once he is no longer doing anything for the Bison.......I don't really give a fuck what happens to him. His lack of ethics has shown how he really operates. Fake smile and all.

well said.......+1

kab1one
12-31-2013, 06:23 PM

But honestly, is the next guy going to be any different? He is going to say the right things, fake smile and hopefully win.

Coach Bohl made you feel good about the program. I remember it was the Van Halen Halloween Concert, I ran into him in a suite. I congratulated him about the prior day's victory. It was an Illinois team, and the Bison beat the hell out of them in the second half. I made the comment, best half of Bison football in years. And he was just excited about what he was going to bring. I left the concert and said wow, I can't wait for more.

He had a job, he did it well, its time to move on.

dragonsfan
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
until bohl takes a verballed player who cares shut up let everyone play the year out unreal

tjbison
12-31-2013, 06:37 PM
But honestly, is the next guy going to be any different? He is going to say the right things, fake smile and hopefully win.

Coach Bohl made you feel good about the program. I remember it was the Van Halen Halloween Concert, I ran into him in a suite. I congratulated him about the prior day's victory. It was an Illinois team, and the Bison beat the hell out of them in the second half. I made the comment, best half of Bison football in years. And he was just excited about what he was going to bring. I left the concert and said wow, I can't wait for more.

He had a job, he did it well, its time to move on.

wonder if he will get to any concerts in Laramie??

lol I had to

tjbison
12-31-2013, 06:39 PM
until bohl takes a verballed player who cares shut up let everyone play the year out unreal

seems to me you should be tracking MSUM, is Aaron staying around?

dragonsfan
12-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Aaron is happy, in fact everyone should ease up on coach bohl in case Aaron wants to transfer across the river, think people before you tar and feather a legend that build ndsu up.

kab1one
12-31-2013, 06:56 PM
wonder if he will get to any concerts in Laramie??

lol I had to

Frontier Days in Cheyenne, great Country and Western Shows in the summer. Kid Rock/Tim McGraw one night. Brad Paisley, Rodayo many days of the event. Giddy UP.

onbison09
12-31-2013, 06:56 PM
You have to admit Bohl is kind of in a pickle. Trying to keep both sides happy. I don't envy his position. He has obligations to both schools and some cross over recruiting is inevitable. I highly doubt he has a nice list of potential recruits from his predecessor that will fit his style of play on either side of the ball. If he would have went to a big time school the NDSU recruits may not have been in the picture or maybe only as a walkon. It will be difficult for him to get "better" athletes to Laramie. We will compete with WY for years to come imho.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Also, I doubt he's spending hours per day recruiting. Calling people doesn't take that long.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM

Hmmm, add some caps, and i think the poster is likely clear.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Aaron is happy, in fact everyone should ease up on coach bohl in case Aaron wants to transfer across the river, think people before you tar and feather a legend that build ndsu up.

This.

I could give a f about ethics, I want a Championship program that doesn't break the rules. Bohl's time here the program hasn't been squeaky clean (that I'm aware of) and we were ok with that because it's right on par with other CHampionship programs and it abided by the rules. I would imagine it will be run the same way moving forward with CK and we will be happy.

As far as this contractual language, if it was in the contract and people are upset about that then I would imagine there will be some sort of lawsuit for breach of contract. If it wasn't in there I could care less he's going after "our" recruits. As long as they have no been committed, who cares. It's a dog eat dog world.

I'm grateful for what Bohl has done for the program. I am also grateful that he is sticking around to help us 3peat.

SamsRams
12-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Dont see a difference. Offering a player who has only been offered by ndsu and now gets a Wyoming offer from a coach employed by NDSU is the same as offering a verbal to ndsu. Neither player is committed and both have ndsu as their top option. Verbal players are just as committed as non verbals as neither have signed

Bison"FANatic"
12-31-2013, 11:01 PM
i was hoping Klieman could flip Vega to us and now he will get to go against Wyoming as they offered him.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 12:19 AM

Wrong. Non competes are easily enforceable. Especially when there are lawyers involved. I've seen it happen

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Remember.......Bohl ought to be loyal as hell to Gene and NDSU. When Gene tooka chance on hiring Bohl as a head coach, he was a fired DC from a failing Nebraska program. Bohl was also exiting Nebraska with a nasty divorce and some less than stellar behavior with young women. Yes, Bohl is a hell of a coach, but, NDSU gave him the opportunity to resurect a career that was on life support.

Bohl has been well paid and treated very well in Fargo. NDSU and the Bison fans deserve a classy exit. Unfortunately, because of Bohl's ethics we are getting less than that.

Yes he was given a chance but I think he more than delivered on what anyone expected. That in itself means they made the right decision, he delivered on the expectations and EARNED the right to make this move. IMO NDSU owes him as much as you think he owes them. Let him go however it happens as we got 2 and maybe 3 titles out of it. A trade if everyone had a chance to make ahead of time would have taken.

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Wrong. Non competes are easily enforceable. Especially when there are lawyers involved. I've seen it happen

Depends on jurisdiction. Any labor lawyer in North Dakota will pretty much laugh at you if you try to write a non-compete into a contract. Non-competes are totally invalid in North Dakota (North Dakota law specifically prohibits any contract "by which anyone is restrained from exercising a lawful profession, trade, or business of any kind" between employers and employees.), with exceptions on dissolution of partnership and sale of a business. Montana, Oklahoma, Nevada are similar.

A contract that restrains someone from exercising a lawful profession, trade, or business is void except:

1. a seller of a business' goodwill can agree to refrain from carrying on a similar business in specified county, city, or part of one of them if the buyer carries on a like business in that area, and

2. partners dissolving a partnership can agree that one or more of them will not carry on a similar business within the city (or a part of it) where the partnership transacted business (N.D. Code § 9-08-06).

IP protection clauses, on the other hand, are very enforceable if they're set up properly, and you document appropriately.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2014, 12:33 AM

Not in North Dakota. I remember very vividly when Clear Channel bought Ingstad Broadcasting all the on-air talent had to sign non-competes, mostly because it was in their standard paperwork. I consulted a lawyer friend of mine before I signed anything and he said that ND law prohibits non-compete clauses so it was absolutely unenforceable.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Not in North Dakota. I remember very vividly when Clear Channel bought Ingstad Broadcasting all the on-air talent had to sign non-competes, mostly because it was in their standard paperwork. I consulted a lawyer friend of mine before I signed anything and he said that ND law prohibits non-compete clauses so it was absolutely unenforceable.

So if you work for a company that is in more than nd then what?

westnodak93bison
01-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Non competes are a joke.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Depends on jurisdiction. Any labor lawyer in North Dakota will pretty much laugh at you if you try to write a non-compete into a contract. Non-competes are totally invalid in North Dakota (North Dakota law specifically prohibits any contract "by which anyone is restrained from exercising a lawful profession, trade, or business of any kind" between employers and employees.), with exceptions on dissolution of partnership and sale of a business. Montana, Oklahoma, Nevada are similar.

IP protection clauses, on the other hand, are very enforceable if they're set up properly, and you document appropriately.
Very much about documentation and intent

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 12:50 AM
It's gone quiet. Must be some research going on :)

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 12:58 AM

Other states provide differing protection for employers and employees.

South Dakota, for example, has quite strong provisions for non-compete clauses.

An employee can agree (1) not to engage directly or indirectly in the same business or profession as the employer for up to two years from the termination of the agreement and (2) not to solicit the employer's existing customers within a county, town, or specified area for up to two years if the employer continues to carry on a like business there (S.D. Codified Laws § 53-9-11).

Texas (another state I have direct experience in with this sort of thing) is a little different, but if you set things up right to begin with you can enforce Non-Competes

A covenant not to compete is enforceable if it contains reasonable limits on the time, geographic area, and scope of activities to be restrained and imposes no greater restraint than necessary to protect goodwill or other business interests. Additional conditions apply to covenants with physicians. The law also provides details on the burden of proof and allows the court to reform an agreement (Texas Business and Commerce Code § 15.51).

Wisconsin is very employer friendly.

An employee can agree to a covenant not to compete during or after employment within a specific territory and for a specific time if the restrictions are reasonably necessary to protect the employer (Wis. Stat. § 103.465).

As for a company that spans states, it generally depends on the state of record in the contract. However, a general rule to apply is that if a contract is drawn in a "restrictive" state (i.e. a state that allows an employer to restrict employees via a non-compete) for an employee that lives and works in a "less-restrictive" state, the less-restrictive state's laws apply. California law for example specifically calls this situation out and says that California law applies, trumping a more restrictive state, and invalidating the non-compete clause. Since ND law pretty much invalidates non-competes (with those small exceptions), an employee in ND can't be held to a non-compete.

All of this is the legal side of things. Ethically, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 12:59 AM
It's gone quiet. Must be some research going on :)

Sorry, can only type so fast :)

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Very much about documentation and intent

for IP protection, yes indeed.
For non-compete clauses, ND law renders documentation and intent moot.

NodakGreg
01-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Hey Fellas,
Lets let this Thread go as stated by SamsRams. Lets enjoy the this team we have any worry about 2014 in 5 days. If any kid who has been offered a visit to NDSU or scholarhship and goes else where doesn't deserve to be on this team. You can't get a better program in the country that has shown national dominance on the FCS level as the Bison over the past 3 years outside of Big FBS schools which only a very few ever get to play in a legitimate national championship.
Its time to let the cards fall where they do for these new recruits in the next few months and trust the good ones will want to be part of a winning tradition!
Be Herd! Stampede those Tigers all the way back to Baltimore!

Nodak Greg.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Other states provide differing protection for employers and employees.

South Dakota, for example, has quite strong provisions for non-compete clauses.

Texas (another state I have direct experience in with this sort of thing) is a little different, but if you set things up right to begin with you can enforce Non-Competes

Wisconsin is very employer friendly.

As for a company that spans states, it generally depends on the state of record in the contract. However, a general rule to apply is that if a contract is drawn in a "restrictive" state (i.e. a state that allows an employer to restrict employees via a non-compete) for an employee that lives and works in a "less-restrictive" state, the less-restrictive state's laws apply. California law for example specifically calls this situation out and says that California law applies, trumping a more restrictive state, and invalidating the non-compete clause. Since ND law pretty much invalidates non-competes (with those small exceptions), an employee in ND can't be held to a non-compete.

All of this is the legal side of things. Ethically, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

So if you work for a company based in Florida and you have a territory encompassing 5-6 different states how long will you be tied up in litigation (not to mention how much it will cost) before you win?

BTW the company I work for is based in Texas and they have the ahead of time covered or they have a lot of money and really good lawyers to scare you off

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Hey Fellas,
Lets let this Thread go as stated by SamsRams. Lets enjoy the this team we have any worry about 2014 in 5 days. If any kid who has been offered a visit to NDSU or scholarhship and goes else where doesn't deserve to be on this team. You can't get a better program in the country that has shown national dominance on the FCS level as the Bison over the past 3 years outside of Big FBS schools which only a very few ever get to play in a legitimate national championship.
Its time to let the cards fall where they do for these new recruits in the next few months and trust the good ones will want to be part of a winning tradition!
Be Herd! Stampede those Tigers all the way back to Baltimore!

Nodak Greg.

Agreed. Accept where we're at and keep trying to make it better

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 01:12 AM
So if you work for a company based in Florida and you have a territory encompassing 5-6 different states how long will you be tied up in litigation (not to mention how much it will cost) before you win?

:rofl: well, it depends. If you're an ND resident, the law is on your side. Now how long it takes and how much it costs to defend your rights? That's where it might be better to just bail. But it doesn't mean the non-compete is enforced--it means you voluntarily surrendered your rights. :D

NodakGreg
01-01-2014, 01:12 AM
I agree with SamsRam. Lets get off the Coach B recruiting thing for now and focus on our team who is about to tie the national record for FCS Championships in 3 days after stampeding the Tigers!
I won't burn any energy on negative talk about Bohl and only say Thanks for the memories and let him move on into the sunset......... and look forward to tradition continuing in 2014.
By the way this kid looks darn good. Lets hope he and his parents have a brain and want to be a part of the soon to be 3 Time National Champions.

Be Herd, The March is on to Frisco, lets make some noise!
Nodak Greg.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 01:17 AM
:rofl: well, it depends. If you're an ND resident, the law is on your side. Now how long it takes and how much it costs to defend your rights? That's where it might be better to just bail. But it doesn't mean the non-compete is enforced--it means you voluntarily surrendered your rights. :D
My point exactly. You would burn up whatever severance you got to sign to fight it. You won't win in the long run.

Tatanka
01-01-2014, 01:31 AM
My point exactly. You would burn up whatever severance you got to sign to fight it. You won't win in the long run.

Isn't labor law just a hoot?

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Isn't labor law just a hoot?

And potentially very expensive :). Just like the Bohl situation it's all about how bad you want to win.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Non competes are a joke.

If your rich..... Maybe

Mayville Bison
01-01-2014, 01:18 PM

I signed a noncompete while working in Fargo for a company HQd in another state and moves to another company in ND HQd in another state. Lawyer said the noncompete wasn't valid mostly due to the ND laws but there was a little more to it.

For what it's worth, both of the new states had very different views on employer/employee relationships when compared to ND.

Sent from my WP8 using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422468/

That is all.

Bisonator98
01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422468/

That is all.

IMO Coach Bohl has earned the right to take a few recruits. Thanks Coach!

tjamz
01-01-2014, 03:20 PM

BTW the company I work for is based in Texas and they have the ahead of time covered or they have a lot of money and really good lawyers to scare you off

I used to work for simplexgrinnell (a Tyco fire & security company) and covered ND, SD and MN and signed a non-compete when I started there. When I left I went for a parallel position with Nardini Fire they never even attempted to enforce it. However when I life there for IFS the company lawyers sent me a nasty letter. My lawyers sent them a letter telling them to get fucked and that was the end of that.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I used to work for simplexgrinnell (a Tyco fire & security company) and covered ND, SD and MN and signed a non-compete when I started there. When I left I went for a parallel position with Nardini Fire they never even attempted to enforce it. However when I life there for IFS the company lawyers sent me a nasty letter. My lawyers sent them a letter telling them to get fucked and that was the end of that.

Was there a severance involved?

THEsocalledfan
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
IMO Coach Bohl has earned the right to take a few recruits. Thanks Coach!

If I had to choose between loosing a couple recruits and getting national title number 3, I take the title every time and would gladly give up a couple recruits for that. So, when people who are bashing Bohl say they are taking the "long view," I simply think this is not a time to take the long view and clearly Gene agreed.

PaBizon
01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Anyone would have traded what's happening now for a chance at 3 straight titles

tjamz
01-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Was there a severance involved?

In each case yes

gizmo
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Bison alumni, fans and the people of North Dakota would like to thank coach Bohl for all he's done. Let's win the Natty and then the coach can pack up his stuff and move on. By the way, those recruits belong to NDSU and NOT the University of Wyoming!

It's Go Bison!!!! now and forever. Wyoming? Good luck.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Bison alumni, fans and the people of North Dakota would like to thank coach Bohl for all he's done. Let's win the Natty and then the coach can pack up his stuff and move on. By the way, those recruits belong to NDSU and NOT the University of Wyoming!

They are people and don't belong to anyone. Also, they haven't signed a LOI yet so technically they can change their mind.

DIBISON
01-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Congrats to Coach Bohl for the award. This award has nothing to do with recruiting. The recruiting fiasco has brought out the other side of Bohl and I do not like it. A lack of professionalism and integrity.

Bisonwinagn
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
If I had to choose between loosing a couple recruits and getting national title number 3, I take the title every time and would gladly give up a couple recruits for that. So, when people who are bashing Bohl say they are taking the "long view," I simply think this is not a time to take the long view and clearly Gene agreed.

If Wyoming was paying him and he was working for free at NDSU then he can recruit NDSU recruits all he wants. He has no right or responsibility to be working for Wyoming until after the Championship game. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEsocalledfan
01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
If Wyoming was paying him and he was working for free at NDSU then he can recruit NDSU recruits all he wants. He has no right or responsibility to be working for Wyoming until after the Championship game. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've stated many times, I agree, but many think he should be fired, immediately. However, NDSU has little choice in the matter unless you want the men to coach themselves. I am not defending Bohl's behavior, just stating it was the least bad option, and if I was Gene, even with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, I'd make the same decision, again, and again, and again, and again.....

1998braves64
01-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Ironically I think many people said the same to him trying to build NDSU into a Div I AA (at the time FCS now) powerhouse too. Wyoming is a bit different animal but if someone can turn it around it's him. I wish him the best on this endeavor and will be following Wy football closer now.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

SamsRams
01-01-2014, 06:53 PM
No proof this was a choice. This team would curb stomp everyone with 3 coaches.
If I had the choice of paying someone to work for me or paying someone to work for someone else, I would want to pay them to work for me. Once they leave and get paid by someone else, I could care less what they do

Grizzled
01-01-2014, 07:00 PM
No proof this was a choice. This team would curb stomp everyone with 3 coaches.
If I had the choice of paying someone to work for me or paying someone to work for someone else, I would want to pay them to work for me. Once they leave and get paid by someone else, I could care less what they do

Agreed, I'm also convinced Vigen, Fuchs and Cooper would not have left right away. As the article mentioned they are all under contract until the end of the season and with their alumni ties, I don't see them doing anything to hurt NDSU. Unless they were directed by Bohl, which would have been much harder to do if they weren't all still working in the same office. There would have been an almost full coaching staff.

The things Bohl is doing are inexcusable regardless.

SlickVic
01-01-2014, 07:19 PM
in my a iverson voice we talkin bout recruits we talkin bout recruits bla bla

SamsRams
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
in my a iverson voice we talkin bout recruits we talkin bout recruits bla bla

nope we are talking about paying someone to do a job. But then again this is coming from the guy who gets pumped up about basketball recruits from Lake Region who could never be academically eligible

SlickVic
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
ndscs but you bitchin bout integrity ok mel kiper of twitter lol its kids who cares ndsu will be fine dude chill

SamsRams
01-01-2014, 07:33 PM
ndscs but you bitchin bout integrity ok mel kiper of twitter lol its kids who cares ndsu will be fine dude chill

Would love for you to point out where I or anyone has said NDSU is screwed. Sorry you dont understand what I am saying. I will use my SlickVic translator.
Whens sombodies pay em for them jobbies use shouldem do that actually jobbies or thems persons may get upsety

mtoutfitter
01-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Would love for you to point out where I or anyone has said NDSU is screwed. Sorry you dont understand what I am saying. I will use my SlickVic translator.
Whens sombodies pay em for them jobbies use shouldem do that actually jobbies or thems persons may get upsety

Now that is HILARIOUS!!!

Montana Bison
01-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Bohl maybe a great coach and have a great public image, the real Bohl is a dirtbag tool. He is ethically challenged. From the the stuff that happened in Nebraska, to trying to pull the SU recruits to Wyo, to other questionable things in his personal life that people hear about in Fargo that will undoubtably surface at somepoint. I for one will not be sad to see him go on his way after the game Saturday.

Bisonator98
01-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Bohl maybe a great coach and have a great public image, the real Bohl is a dirtbag tool. He is ethically challenged. From the the stuff that happened in Nebraska, to trying to pull the SU recruits to Wyo, to other questionable things in his personal life that people hear about in Fargo that will undoubtably surface at somepoint. I for one will not be sad to see him go on his way after the game Saturday.

You know what I don't give a fuck! All this shit coming out now just makes everyone else look like fucking tools. The man spent 11 fucking years giving his all for NDSU and Bison football! If you all want to piss all over that because he decided to take another job and a few recruits you really are a bigger piece of shit then he will ever be. JMNSHO!

BisonNeil
01-01-2014, 08:45 PM

You mother failed you on two counts.

First, "loosing" is the act of making something loose. Losing is the act of getting a loss. What is it with you people who don't understand the difference? Even after the billion or so times others on BV have made fun of people like you who continue to use the word "loosing" in wholly inappropriate ways.

Second, your mother should have taught you to never count your chickens before they are hatched. NDSU has not won a third national championship yet, and I am quite certain Towson will have something to say about that since the game has yet to be played.

BisonNeil
01-01-2014, 08:46 PM
You know what I don't give a fuck! All this shit coming out now just makes everyone else look like fucking tools. The man spent 11 fucking years giving his all for NDSU and Bison football! If you all want to piss all over that because he decided to take another job and a few recruits you really are a bigger piece of shit then he will ever be. JMNSHO!

Seriously? Wow. Just wow.

CalBison97
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM

You mad, bro?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/287756/you-mad-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/287756/you-mad.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

WYOBISONMAN
01-01-2014, 08:58 PM

What a bunch of garbage. Bohl is displaying the ethics of a tramp in regards to the recruiting issue and his pissing on Kleiman for taking the coaching job. You are so blind to it you are the one sounding like a tool.....Bohl's tool. Take off the colored glasses and give this an honest look from an ethics perspective. He is staying at NDSU for all the additional cash and prestige another title will bring him. He ought not be screwing over the recruiting of the University that is paying him right now and brought him to this point. There is a classy way to end this and go out a hero......and there is a way to bring it to a close and go out looking like a shit bag. Unfortunately, Bohl has taken the later path.

THEsocalledfan
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
You mother failed you on two counts.

First, "loosing" is the act of making something loose. Losing is the act of getting a loss. What is it with you people who don't understand the difference? Even after the billion or so times others on BV have made fun of people like you who continue to use the word "loosing" in wholly inappropriate ways.

Second, your mother should have taught you to never count your chickens before they are hatched. NDSU has not won a third national championship yet, and I am quite certain Towson will have something to say about that since the game has yet to be played.

Nice work typo police.

KyleK
01-01-2014, 09:02 PM
What a bunch of garbage. Bohl is displaying the ethics of a tramp in regards to the recruiting issue and his pissing on Kleiman for taking the coaching job. You are so blind to it you are the one sounding like a tool.....Bohl's tool. Take off the colored glasses and give this an honest look from an ethics perspective. He is staying at NDSU for all the additional cash and prestige another title will bring him. He ought not be screwing over the recruiting of the University that is paying him right now and brought him to this point. There is a classy way to end this and go out a hero......and there is a way to bring it to a close and go out looking like a shit bag. Unfortunately, Bohl has taken the later path.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

westnodak93bison
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM

How are you and others so sure about what is really going on? How could you possibly know?

Montana Bison
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Exactly, well said.

NDSUstudent
01-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Tim Miles will always have my respect for how he left NDSU...can't say the same for Bohl.

Love what he did here and I'm glad he was our coach for so long but I won't give a damn if he ever wins another game after Saturday.

344Johnson
01-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Looks like we found which poster is coach Bohl.

Bisonator98
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM

You don't know what's going on, you are just buying the BS everyone else is spewing. Unless you are a mouse in the corner you have no clue what's going on behind closed doors. Everyone just seems to run with whatever BS someone else decides to come up!

WYOBISONMAN
01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
You don't know what's going on, you are just buying the BS everyone else is spewing. Unless you are a mouse in the corner you have no clue what's going on behind closed doors. Everyone just seems to run with whatever BS someone else decides to come up!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McFeely isn't going to make that stuff up and post it. KFGO would hang his ass if he did. There are also rumblings from a hell of a lot of other places including the recruits themselves saying they were contacted on behalf of WYO by the current NDSU staff. Like I said.....get your blinders off and give this a real look.

Oops........Mrs. Bohl...........is that you?????????

KyleK
01-01-2014, 09:19 PM

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

A lot of mice in corners that you don't know of. Believe what you want, enjoy the cool-ad. :banghead:

tjbison
Sorry to burst your bubble, but McFeely isn't going to make that stuff up and post it. KFGO would hang his ass if he did. There are also rumblings from a hell of a lot of other places including the recruits themselves saying they were contacted on behalf of WYO by the current NDSU staff. Like I said.....get your blinders off and give this a real look.

no not her, she is in Laramie decorating, heard her account at boot barn is friggin huge!

Bisonator98

McFooley is an asshole. If you want to believe what he spouts go for it. Just shows what kind of person you are too. And fuck off with the Mrs. Bohl comments DICK!

NDSUstudent
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM

There are people that I trust saying things, people that who have told me things before and are always 100% spot on.

tjbison
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM
McFooley is an asshole. If you want to believe what he spouts go for it. Just shows what kind of person you are too. And fuck off with the Mrs. Bohl comments DICK!

calm down, good god

westnodak93bison
01-01-2014, 09:23 PM

When everyone knows a contract doesn't hold water why get all worked up about it? Why not shut the f up and let water flow under the bridge? Let the professionals handle it instead of stirring up a bunch of shit on blogs and social media? What good could that possibly do?
What if a recruit was interested in NDSU only because of Bohl? They don't have to take the call. You guys are sounding like a bunch of middle school girls.

Bisonator98
01-01-2014, 09:23 PM
There are people that I trust saying things, people that who have told me things before and are always 100% spot on.

That's fine. I have the same. But I don't see why everyone has to drag someone thru the mud on rumors either. But hey that's just me you guys keep up with the circle jerk if it makes you all feel better about yourselves. I'm out...

WYOBISONMAN
01-01-2014, 09:28 PM
When everyone knows a contract doesn't hold water why get all worked up about it? Why not shut the f up and let water flow under the bridge? Let the professionals handle it instead of stirring up a bunch of shit on blogs and social media? What good could that possibly do?
What if a recruit was interested in NDSU only because of Bohl? They don't have to take the call. You guys are sounding like a bunch of middle school girls.

Because I am a NDSU Alumnus and Bison fan.........and it is wrong how Bohl has conducted himself in these final weeks. I will rip on anyone that does this to NDSU.

EndZoneQB
01-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Go home Neil, you're drunk.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Because I am a NDSU Alumnus and Bison fan.........and it is wrong how Bohl has conducted himself in these final weeks. I will rip on anyone that does this to NDSU.

A kid should go where he wants and not be limited by some wording in a contract due to a coaching change.

KyleK
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
A kid should go where he wants and not be limited by some wording in a contract due to a coaching change.

Agreed, but the adult that signed that contract should!

WYOBISONMAN
01-01-2014, 09:40 PM

It is about the ethics, and it is about Bohl's actions.....not a kid making a choice. It is about working for the competition while supposedly still working for and being well paid by your current employer. I used to teach Business Ethics and Craig Bohl does not pass the sniff test.

CAS4127
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
All this talk about non-competes is off base. This is not an employment issue, it's a clause in a contract precluding him from contacting recruits. How did u slugs get off on such a tangent--I mean, WTF!! I just hope there is a penalty clause that goes along with violating contract provisions. If not, then whoever drew up the contract is braindead.

Kermit
01-01-2014, 09:56 PM
That's fine. I have the same. But I don't see why everyone has to drag someone thru the mud on rumors either. But hey that's just me you guys keep up with the circle jerk if it makes you all feel better about yourselves. I'm out...

I understand that this might look like "rumors" but multiple people with first-hand knowledge of happenings inside the athletic department are telling the same tale. This is a story with legitimate sources.

I am going to focus on the kids playing the game for the rest of the week.

Go Bison!!

The Lost Dutchman
01-01-2014, 09:59 PM
It is about the ethics, and it is about Bohl's actions.....not a kid making a choice. It is about working for the competition while supposedly still working for and being well paid by your current employer. I used to teach Business Ethics and Craig Bohl does not pass the sniff test.

Should we really be shocked by this with Bohl though? I get everyone holds him to a higher standard because of everything he did with the Bison program, but Craig is all about Craig..... Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. You really have to look out for yourself......

SamsRams
01-01-2014, 10:07 PM
That's fine. I have the same. But I don't see why everyone has to drag someone thru the mud on rumors either. But hey that's just me you guys keep up with the circle jerk if it makes you all feel better snout yourselves. I'm out...
Valid point but it could also be said i dont know why some people wanna jerk him off no matter what. He helped ndsu and ndsu helped him just as much. One is separating the relationship with class and respect for the other. And the other is taking his ball and going home with little consideration for how many bridges he burns on the way out. I love bohl and would give him a kidney if he needed one, same goes for my family. At the same time if my family tried to f#ck me over i would call them out. You reap whatyou sew