PDA

View Full Version : NDSU gets IPF!

thebigund
12-26-2013, 06:29 PM
In Grand Forks. Did the get to ride the bullet train from Fargo?

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2013, 06:31 PM
In Grand Forks. Did the get to ride the bullet train from Fargo?

I'm not sure if you're proud or embarrassed that all you are good for is a practice facility.

Your guys should hang around and pick up some tips.

bisonmike2
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
First time in a long time that there is an actual defense on that field. If I were UN_ I'd take lots of pictures and make a recruiting pamphlet or something. Alerus Center - Home* of 3 time defending FCS champions!

*for 2 days in December

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Is NDSU busing up their own scout team or are they just going to use the one than normally plays in the Alerus?

Professor Chaos
12-26-2013, 06:48 PM
It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but Taylor did say on the Coach's Show last Sunday that after the SHAC is comleted an indoor practice facility is the athletic department's next priority.

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Is NDSU busing up their own scout team or are they just going to use the one than normally plays in the Alerus?

They'd want at least a tough team to work against. Maybe GF Central can come in during break.

HerdBot
12-26-2013, 06:50 PM
More buthurt need to get as many moral victories as possible! GT has said now that the SHAC is funded it will be a priority.
We all want one but one but let's face it.. we have the dome which is on campus that is available most of the time . Were doing just fine! :rofl:

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 06:52 PM
They'd want at least a tough team to work against. Maybe GF Central can come in during break.

They'd probably have to bring in at least a few. With all the players transferring out that scout team that plays in the Alerus probably couldn't field a full team right now.

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Are you going to have your usual number of fans there? Is that guy that runs around with the flag in cowboy boots available to lead the team out?

TAILG8R
12-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Are you going to have your usual number of fans there? Is that guy that runs around with the flag in cowboy boots available to lead the team out?

I would assume it is a closed practice, so yes same number of fans.

thebigund
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but Taylor did say on the Coach's Show last Sunday that after the SHAC is comleted an indoor practice facility is the athletic department's next priority.

But you guys already have one with 18000 seats. No prpl because plenty of you actual believe that

Hansel
12-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Do the und players have to clean the facility when ndsu is done?

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I would assume it is a closed practice, so yes same number of fans.

Probably more.

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Will teh un_ players be shoveling the sidewalks in advance of our arrival? Will they be wearing weather-appropriate footwear? Will they be allowed to use teh hockies players lounge in the Ralph to get some hot chocolate after a hard days' work?

EDIT--- Hansel beat me to it.

Bison55
12-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Will there be coke or pepsi in the fridge for our players?

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2013, 07:13 PM
They are having a little fun about this over on SS. I'm pretty sure they don't get that they've been reduced to a warehouse with turf.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 07:13 PM
This has to be quite a feather in UN_ cap. Great recruiting pitch also---- The 2 time Football National Champions North Dakota State practices here. Just think you may get to see them!!!!!!

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 07:25 PM
They are having a little fun about this over on SS. I'm pretty sure they don't get that they've been reduced to a warehouse with turf.

Probably a welcome distraction for their typical discussions during playoff season... Coaches getting canned, top players transferring, etc, etc....

tjamz
12-26-2013, 07:26 PM
How long will un_ players have to stand in line to get Bison autographs?

A long time. All the guys with teh crazy speeds have already transferred out... now it's just the slow guys left, and those that aren't first in line will likely be screwing around in line, holding it up even more.

No_Skill
12-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Hopefully none of the terrible rubs off on us.

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 07:28 PM

^^^

This is a legitimate concern.

BisonNation11
12-26-2013, 07:32 PM

Muss is gone and he took it all with him

CaBisonFan
12-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm glad that there's a practice facility within driving distance.

StL Bison Fan
12-26-2013, 07:33 PM

Good move by the coaches :This will be motivation to play harder and be thankful they play for NDSU.

bisonbuddy
12-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Will they move the stored boats and RV's outside for this?

HerdBot
12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Actually I didn't see that were practicing in Grand Forks so I guess its not buthurt! Crazy we're practicing in Grand Forks. Weird but it works

westnodak93bison
12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Probably a welcome distraction for their typical discussions during playoff season... Coaches getting canned, top players transferring, etc, etc....

And a new coach named Bubba

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2013, 07:40 PM
And a old coach named Bubba

FIFY

10char

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 07:40 PM

the _ND RedHeads... GO GINGERS!

North Dakota's red headed step child of a football program no one wants to acknowledge.

Bison55
12-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Will the Bison player just run around the piles of sugar beets being stored in there?

bisonmike2
12-26-2013, 07:41 PM

You know, I've heard people say that Bubba is going to bring a defense back to Grand Forks. Two days on the job and he's already kept his word.

gumby013
12-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Bubba's going to be pleased when he sees his team at practice.

td577
12-26-2013, 07:57 PM
How long will un_ players have to stand in line to get Bison autographs?

Shouldn't take too long with only 6 left.

dgoergs
12-26-2013, 08:03 PM

If they want a good work out, best to use our scout team. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2013, 08:10 PM
How about a new rule: if bigundies starts a thread we have to give it serious consideration for hall of shame before we respond? Reasonable?

runtheoption
12-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Now us Bison fans won't be so pissed off when the NCAA accidentally sends the next championship banner thingy to Grand Forks.

GT to Faison and Grand Forks city officials: "Keep it. Thanks for letting us practice there. We have quite a few, and will win some more."

Maybe this is the dawning of warming relations between FU and GFU. Messiers Faison and Taylor, tear down that wall! Bullet train from Fargo to GF, so students can take classes at either school.* Red Peppers at every exit between the 2 towns. FU players signing autographs for GFU students, while the FU players get the GFU students to sign petitions. Everyone getting drunk, stealing flip flops from new clothing rack at Best Buy, and wearing them into snow banks. Drunk underage players showing their junk to people in bars, then getting into fights that are caught on camera. Either nobody or everybody gets their day in court. Blob Portly eats himself to death, like Pizza the Hut.

*Would this add 14,000+ students to GFU's official enrollment numbers?

BisonNeil
12-26-2013, 08:26 PM
You know, I've heard people say that Bubba is going to bring a defense back to Grand Forks. Two days on the job and he's already kept his word.

That and as pointed out in another thread, he promised to bring championship football back to GF. Mission accomplished!

BlueBisonRock
12-26-2013, 08:28 PM
RTO @ da tailgate.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2013%20Football/New%20Hampshire/DSC_7249_zps659656b5.jpg

RTO on Drugs...

Now us Bison fans won't be so pissed off when the NCAA accidentally sends the next championship banner thingy to Grand Forks.

GT to Faison and Grand Forks city officials: "Keep it. Thanks for letting us practice there. We have quite a few, and will win some more."

Maybe this is the dawning of warming relations between FU and GFU. Messiers Faison and Taylor, tear down that wall! Bullet train from Fargo to GF, so students can take classes at either school.* Red Peppers at every exit between the 2 towns. FU players signing autographs for GFU students, while the FU players get the GFU students to sign petitions. Everyone getting drunk, stealing flip flops from new clothing rack at Best Buy, and wearing them into snow banks. Drunk underage players showing their junk to people in bars, then getting into fights that are caught on camera. Either nobody or everybody gets their day in court. Blob Portly eats himself to death, like Pizza the Hut.

*Would this add 14,000+ students to GFU's official enrollment numbers?

BadlandsBison
12-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Put Red River Valley SWAT on alert. There will be a hostage situation at the alerus.

"We demand an every year contract to play football. Every hour on the hour we will count a Bison player as an online student until our demands are meet...we also demand every championship banner be sent to Grand Forks for a day or so."

KilldeerBison
12-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Put Red River Valley SWAT on alert. There will be a hostage situation at the alerus.

"We demand an every year contract to play football. Every hour on the hour we will count a Bison player as an online student until our demands are meet...we also demand every championship banner be sent to Grand Forks for a day or so."

Also, put Bison bus drivers on alert for intoxicated volleyball coaches and the potential for a hit and run!

Herd80
12-26-2013, 09:16 PM

I don't care who you are...this is freaking outstanding. Kudo's and rep

aces1180
12-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I think _arrel is going to commit a Harry Carey.

twinterfun
12-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Would NDSU even have to talk to UND to use the facility? Isn't it city owned so they would just talk to the city and pay whatever it costs to rent the facility.

reformedUNDfan
12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
whats this about?

td577
12-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Would NDSU even have to talk to UND to use the facility? Isn't it city owned so they would just talk to the city and pay whatever it costs to rent the facility.

I was thinking the same thing and then saw your post. I don't think this anything to do with un_.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

imabison
12-27-2013, 12:35 AM
That would be my thoughts also, and if you consider the cost to clear the practice field, its probably not much less or similar to the Alerus rental, and what 3 buses.

Hammerhead
12-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Do they even need to practice before the natty?

gumby013
12-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Dedeted>>>>>>

VanClubPres
12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
This thread is full of much awesomeness.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2013, 04:06 PM
This thread is full of much awesomeness.

Not nearly as awesome as the SS thread about it. It's just dripping with bitterness.

aces1180
12-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Not nearly as awesome as the SS thread about it. It's just dripping with bitterness.

Agreed..._arrel seems like he wants to kill somebody.

thebootfitter
12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
RTO @ da tailgate.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2013%20Football/New%20Hampshire/DSC_7249_zps659656b5.jpg

RTO on Drugs...
Kyle?

Living out of state, I miss out on all the tailgating fun, but I have always suspected I know at least a few of the "old guard" here on BV.

runtheoption
12-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Kyle?

Used to be you could say stuff on the internet anonymously, but these kids with their social media addictions and incessant need to post every picture on the information superhighway. What's next...are people going to start exchanging naked pictures with each other via text message on the cellular devices? If so, what would be a good name for this?

Tis me. Who dis? May be better if you send me a PM, assuming you are in the witness protection program if you know me from long ago.

Herd12
12-27-2013, 04:47 PM
So much bitterness, so much envy. I love that they assume that the sky is falling here because Bohl is gone. The gap between UN_ and NDSU football is astronomical. The Bison are proving week and in week out that they are at least 17-21 points than the best programs in FCS. The UN_ football program was 3-8 this season and lost every competent contributor they had. 0-12 is a real possibility. There would have to be a PRECIPITOUS drop in level of recruits, coaching, strength and conditioning, and fan support for UND to catch NDSU any time in the next decade. Klieman's resume is vastly better than Schweigert's even without his SU tenure, Kramer is still here, Bison football is still North Dakota's football team, and BisoNation is bigger than ever with no interest in Canadian Ice Hockey. UN_ fans can point to the fact that the BSA took so long to get approved to say that NDSU won't be getting an IPF any time soon, but they are wrong for two reasons: there is more money now (NDSU ath. budget 3x what it was when GT took over) and more than anything football is king. It's going to take less time to round up money for a football idea than a basketball idea.

td577
12-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Well if the whioux ever go UNO in football, we can just put the alerus on a truckbed and we have an IPF right here in Fargo.

Hammersmith
12-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Did I hear correctly that UND formally introduced Bubba as head coach at the Alerus on the same day the Bison were practicing there?

PaBizon
12-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Did I hear correctly that UND formally introduced Bubba as head coach at the Alerus on the same day the Bison were practicing there?
Yes. That's pretty funny.

JSUBison
12-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes. That's pretty funny.

Imagine Bubba walking into that practice. He mentions to Faison, "Man, these are some fine looking players. What a dedicated group practicing on there own even after the season is over! I am confident I can get UND to the playoffs next year".

Faison turns beet red and stammers out to Bubba these are NDSU players practicing. Bubba's face turns white as a ghost and tries to leave but the "Old Boy Sioux Network" has the exits blocked. They are armed with hockey sticks, and Bubba is forced to remove his shoes. There is no escape. Bubba is placed in front of the cameras like those POW's in Iraq back in the day to read the script written for him to tell the media how great everything is.

Must have been a hell of a day up there.

civilguy
12-27-2013, 09:24 PM
I prefer the Fighting Suzie's! with a red header girl in double pony tails!

or the "Charging Cavalry"