PDA

View Full Version : ***Check for flights now.****

Bisonfaithful
12-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Just pulled up 4 first class plane tickets out of MSP on Jan 1 to DFW and coming back on Jan 5 for $267 TOTAL. Check Delta website and/or Expedia. it let me do it on both. not sure if its a sale or a computer glitch. Better hurry if you don't have tickets yet. much cheaper than driving. shitty thing is i have my tickets already, just trying to help the other fans get there on the cheap.

imabison
12-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Just pulled up 4 first class plane tickets out of MSP on Jan 1 to DFW and coming back on Jan 5 for $267 TOTAL. Check Delta website and/or Expedia. it let me do it on both. not sure if its a sale or a computer glitch. Better hurry if you don't have tickets yet. much cheaper than driving. shitty thing is i have my tickets already, just trying to help the other fans get there on the cheap.

I did not check but KFGO was reporting last week that Delta Airlines was adding 2 flights to Dallas that week and American Airlines were going to be flying larger
aircraft making more space available for Bison Fans.

That info came to them from Doberstein at the airport.

HandoEX
12-26-2013, 03:40 PM
This is what I got when I tried to confirm four roundtrip tickets for $72 each...

Price Change

Your ticket price changed from $287.12 to $4,522.80. The airline could not confirm the original price due to pricing or availability changes that occurred after we posted the latest prices on our site. Continue booking or look for a different flight.

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 03:41 PM
This is what I got when I tried to confirm four roundtrip tickets for $72 each...

Price Change

Your ticket price changed from $287.12 to $4,522.80. The airline could not confirm the original price due to pricing or availability changes that occurred after we posted the latest prices on our site. Continue booking or look for a different flight.
Seems reasonable.

HandoEX
12-26-2013, 03:47 PM
And Delta's site is crashed on my PC and phone. Oh well.

BisonNation11
12-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Mine too. Stupid computers

BisonTru
12-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Must of been a computer glich at Delta. Tried to get a $90 flight from Billings for my brother jumped to 1100 when I was ready to check out. Delta's website is up now with regularly high prices.

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2013, 04:07 PM

Price Change

I did the same thing and the tickets were listed at $48 to and $50 from. Then jumped to $1800 when selected! Foolishness!

Bisonfaithful
12-26-2013, 04:12 PM
sounds like they found/fixed the problem. However, my buddy did get 4 tickets out of MSP to DFW for $276 total. Now they are all saying "price change" when we try to pull them up. guess the window of opportunity is closed. sorry to get everybody all jacked up, just thought some would get lucky.

imabison
12-26-2013, 04:16 PM

Price Change

Delta has a fare war going this morning for sure. Am not seeing anything related to Dallas but Atlanta and some east cities $ 27.93 per ticket round trip...

heckler
12-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Called Delta and they said they have a pricing error. They will NOT honor the tickets that were priced incorrectly.

bisonmike2
12-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Called Delta and they said they have a pricing error. They will NOT honor the tickets that where priced incorrectly.

The part of me that works in IT is saying, sucks to be them and I understand sometimes shiat happens.

the part of me buying plane tickets says, I don't f*cking care if it's a pricing error, you published it, now own up to the price.

imabison
12-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Called Delta and they said they have a pricing error. They will NOT honor the tickets that were priced incorrectly.

I just checked it appears to have started around 9:30 CST and the last great price I saw issued was 10:39 AM

$ 47.33 round trip Boston to Kansas City. not bad :)

imabison
12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
And Fargo to Frisco on DL Nonstop flights just around $ 780 this morning.
best possible UA connecting in ORD $ 748.

03 Jan - 05Jan

aces1180
12-26-2013, 04:35 PM
I got lucky and locked in a flight on Sunday morning from MSP-ATL-DFW on 1/2, returning 1/5 from DFW-ATL-MSP for $445...That was by far the lowest price I have seen since NDSU was guaranteed the trip to Frisco.

HandoEX
12-26-2013, 04:43 PM

Isn't this illegal? Aka: bait & switch?

bisonnation1
12-26-2013, 04:51 PM
had 3 seats from MSP to DFW for only 240!

entered CC information and then site crashes!

Called Customer Service and they said they would not honor the rate due to a error in the system! (how is that legal?)

bisonmike2
12-26-2013, 04:52 PM

I don't know how it is with airlines but we have disclaimers that cover our ass if we publish a pricing error. It doesn't happen often and if it's not a huge f*ck up will just honor the published price. But I know that we have had to call customers back and say that we it was a mistake.

Bison bison
12-26-2013, 05:57 PM

Bait and switch? Do you know what that means?

It's obvious they made a pricing error.

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2013, 06:11 PM
sounds like they found/fixed the problem. However, my buddy did get 4 tickets out of MSP to DFW for $276 total. Now they are all saying "price change" when we try to pull them up. guess the window of opportunity is closed. sorry to get everybody all jacked up, just thought some would get lucky.

Welcome to the travel hacker's world of mistake fares; I am sure that is what this was, and congrats to everyone who got in, as new FAA rules require Delta to honor it. You will get bonus miles and MQM......

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't know how it is with airlines but we have disclaimers that cover our ass if we publish a pricing error. It doesn't happen often and if it's not a huge f*ck up will just honor the published price. But I know that we have had to call customers back and say that we it was a mistake.

New FAA rules that went in place last year require them to honor them..... :)

JDZ
12-26-2013, 06:14 PM

Pricing error? Do you know what that means?

It's obvious they pulled a bait and switch.

:biggrin:

Bison bison
12-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Yes, because they publicized a sale and then pushed you to buy a higher priced product once in the door...

???

imabison
12-26-2013, 06:23 PM
New FAA rules that went in place last year require them to honor them..... :)

I think the FAA rule that applies has been in effect for years, not just last year, or the airlines have typically
honored their mistakes...

imabison
12-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I think the FAA rule that applies has been in effect for years, not just last year, or the airlines have typically

Now if OTHER retailers had to follow that example, Walmart and their $ 33 treadmills very recently is an example. No we will
not ship it, but you will get a $ 10 walmart gift card for playing...

Jay
12-26-2013, 06:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/delta-glitch-posts-super-low-mistake-fares/story?id=21340372

Delta's contract of carriage states that in the event of an "erroneous" fare, " Delta reserves the right to cancel the ticket purchase and refund all amounts paid by the purchaser or, at the purchaser's option, to reissue the ticket for the correct fare." But rules set forth by the Department of Transportation state otherwise, saying that an airline must honor a purchased ticket, mistake fare or not.

roadwarrior
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
That rumbling sound you hear isn't thunder. It's heads rolling at Delta's headquarters.

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Sorry, it was a little more than one year 2012:

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/rules/EAPP_2_FAQ_01-11-2012final.pdf

http://upgrd.com/matthew/an-update-on-the-burma-business-class-fare-sale.html

Airlines MUST honor them now; there was a choice in the past and yes, they usually did honor them, but there are also examples where they did not.

LikeMothers
12-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Delta is honoring the fares.

http://www.startribune.com/business/237329731.html

bisonmike2
12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Delta is honoring the fares.

http://www.startribune.com/business/237329731.html

Love that article

It's likely that the airline tried to tweak its fares with a $10 or $20 system-wide change and a junior programmer made a mistake or two, he said

Sure blame it on the "junior" programmer. I've seen plenty of senior programmers also make colossal f*ck ups.

12th man
12-26-2013, 08:28 PM
I had planned on driving but decided to check flights this morning. I managed to get a direct flight to DFW from Fargo for $72 and change. Talk about luck!

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2013, 08:32 PM
I had planned on driving but decided to check flights this morning. I managed to get a direct flight to DFW from Fargo for $72 and change. Talk about luck!

Regular price, as of later today, is over $800. I'd say you did well and make a travel hacker like me embarrassed. Wish I'd checked this; I'd have redeposited by miles and paid cash.....

aces1180
12-26-2013, 08:36 PM

You lucky bastard!

tjbison
12-26-2013, 08:39 PM

What Airline and are you sure they are honoring it?? If so good for you i paid $400 more than you

THEsocalledfan
12-26-2013, 08:49 PM
What Airline and are you sure they are honoring it?? If so good for you i paid $400 more than you

See previous page; they have to honor it.

HandoEX
12-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Bait and switch? Do you know what that means?

Yes, I always ask questions (a "?" means it's a question) when I already know the answer :facepalm:

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, I always ask questions (a "?" means it's a question) when I already know the answer :facepalm:

What do you mean?

Did I do it right?

BadlandsBison
12-26-2013, 09:05 PM

You would kick ars at Jeopardy

EndZoneQB
12-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Damnit. I would have been going to Frisco had I seen this like 10 mins sooner. FML.

Bison bison
12-26-2013, 10:44 PM

Hando. This mistake is clearly on you. You need to be more precise. The Internet is very Serious Business.

What if I posted "Hot Dog?" on here?

Am I asking

Does someone have a hot dog?
What is a hot dog?
For what is Izzy going to be arrested (but ultimately acquitted) in Frisco?

Tatanka
12-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Hando. This mistake is clearly on you. You need to be more precise. The Internet is very Serious Business.

What if I posted "Hot Dog?" on here?

Am I asking

Does someone have a hot dog?
What is a hot dog?
For what is Izzy going to be arrested (but ultimately acquitted) in Frisco?
Clearly, you're asking if you should be excited about something. Unless you're offering me a hot dog. Then, no.

imabison
12-27-2013, 12:31 AM

Good for you, for that price I would have gone again this year. WDAY said that Delta will be honoring the tickets that were sold during the 2 hours of the glitch.
People that held and did not purchase right way are out of luck. I had one go from $47.37 held to $410.86 at the issue price. They snoozed and lost.

MNLonghorn10
12-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Big ups to those who cashed in. woulda been damn nice!

BlueBisonRock
12-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Clearly, you're asking if you should be excited about something. Unless you're offering me a hot dog. Then, no.

Nice retort Bubba.

Tatanka
12-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Nice retort Bubba.

OK Schweigert.

12th man
12-27-2013, 01:37 AM

The airline was Delta. They will be honoring all discounted airfares. Every news outlet has reported so.

Bison bison
12-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Hot dog?