12-24-2013, 05:24 PM
NDSU is wearing gold in TX.

Bisonfan1
12-24-2013, 05:38 PM
NDSU is wearing gold in TX.

PL going to blow a head gasket :biggrin:

Hammerhead
12-24-2013, 05:44 PM
The captains or the entire team chooses which jersey to wear, right? I guess it's only weird if it doesn't work.

MNLonghorn10
12-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Sweet. Ill be in green.

BisonEngrGirl
12-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Players and fans both wearing gold? NDU held a poll on fb asking if we should wear green or gold. They said however the fans voted would be the official fan color scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BisonNation11
12-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Players and fans both wearing gold? NDU held a poll on fb asking if we should wear green or gold. They said however the fans voted would be the official fan color scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Facebook page says they are telling fans to wear gold, so I'm assuming it's just going for the fans.

westnodak93bison
12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
We are undefeated in the gold.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

UncleBuck
12-24-2013, 07:23 PM
From Facebook:

Bison Nation has let their voice be Herd! We're asking NDSU fans to wear Gold in Frisco!

Go Bison!

Bisonfan1
12-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Sweet. Ill be in green.

Me too, no since switching now and messing up the mojo. maybe next year. (did wear yellow once in 2012, got so much crap went back to green) Next - who really cares what the fans wear as long as school colors, think back to 3/4 of the Fargodome in plaid and orange from deer hunting. Mean green for me, with a splash of yellow !!

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Damn it!

I look pretty awesome in green. Luckily I only have a gold NDSU shirt so it will be under my Griz jacket in Frisco.

56BISON73
12-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Ive worn green every year. Not going to change now and mess up the streak.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-24-2013, 10:24 PM

Yeah, but I saw you in yellow in Kansas. It blended in well with your red face. :biggrin:

AjaxTheMighty
12-24-2013, 10:27 PM
I was really hoping for gang green so we would have one championship with each color. Dang!

Da Bison
12-24-2013, 11:04 PM

It's only weird........................ if it doesn't work:biggrin:

Prime Power
12-24-2013, 11:14 PM
I am wearing GREEN....and YELLOW!!!!

BisonNation11
12-24-2013, 11:26 PM
I was really hoping for gang green so we would have one championship with each color. Dang!

They didn't say anything about what the team is wearing. The only thing they announced was for the fans to wear gold/yellow. And for what it's worth, it's Code Green...

aces1180
12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
They didn't say anything about what the team is wearing. The only thing they announced was for the fans to wear gold/yellow. And for what it's worth, it's Code Green...

They deleted the post earlier that had a photo of the gold #3 in the locker. Initially, the post said it was a Gold Rush with that photo.

BisonNation11
12-24-2013, 11:37 PM
They deleted the post earlier that had a photo of the gold #3 in the locker. Initially, the post said it was a Gold Rush with that photo.

I missed that one. All I've seen is the post with the helmet held in the air. I'm guessing the team will wear green, but that's just my uneducated, very slanted guess.

56BISON73
12-24-2013, 11:45 PM

I like it!!!!

Bisonfan1
12-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Gang Green, Code Green, Mean Green, Me thinks the team wears Green !! Go Bison !

SafeTeeJ
12-25-2013, 02:36 AM
Gang Green, Code Green, Mean Green, Me thinks the team wears Green !! Go Bison !

Green machine, green machine!

BisonTeacher
12-25-2013, 02:40 AM
How cool would it be if they came out in green and kept it quiet until then.

56BISON73
12-25-2013, 02:41 AM
gang green, code green, mean green, green is mean ,me thinks the team wears green !! Go bison !

fify.......

Bison03
12-25-2013, 03:17 AM
14-0 in the yellow, 10-0 in the playoffs wearing yellow. Me thinks they will be wearing yellow.

MAKBison
12-25-2013, 03:19 AM
only fitting since we started it with a Gold Rush

TransAmBison
12-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Would be cool if they warmed up in green and entered for the game in gold. I know it won't happen for a variety of reasons (they aren't Cher or PL), but it would be cool.

Ndsu84
12-25-2013, 04:17 PM
TAB, a friend of mine had a trans am identical to yours. He let me drive it for a day and bet me I couldn't light up all 3 turbo lights without easing off. Was not easy to do...if that car was mine...awesome!

MankatoBison
12-26-2013, 05:19 AM

Thats the spirit! why would anyone do what the team wanted us to do? Love the D2 attitude my man! Mean Code Green!

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Thats the spirit! why would anyone do what the team wanted us to do? Love the D2 attitude my man! Mean Code Green!

Will this have a material effect on the out come of the game? What is a D2 attitude? And what does t-shirt color have to do with D2?

tjamz
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM

I've worn the exact same clothing every single game for the past 3 years... gold rush or not. Seems to have worked out pretty well the past 3 years for us and the team doesn't seem to mind too much either.

A1pigskin
12-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Another Gold tidal wave to Frisco.

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 01:19 PM
If NDSU asks their fans to wear a certain color to a game, I have no trouble doing so. It has no effect on the game, but it certainly adds to the gameday atmosphere.

It's a shame some won't do as they're asked by their team, but to each their own I guess. I'm sure many people like that still actively support the Bison... it's just that they blend in with those who don't.

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
If NDSU asks their fans to wear a certain color to a game, I have no trouble doing so. It has no effect on the game, but it certainly adds to the gameday atmosphere.

It's a shame some won't do as they're asked by their team, but to each their own I guess. I'm sure many people like that still actively support the Bison... it's just that they blend in with those who don't.
+freaking+

aces1180
12-26-2013, 01:35 PM
It does't matter what color fans wear, as long as they reference NDSU or the Bison in one way or another.

Green, yellow, gold, black, white - It's the message that unites us.

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 01:46 PM
It does't matter what color fans wear, as long as they reference NDSU or the Bison in one way or another.

Green, yellow, gold, black, white - It's the message that unites us.
Sure, fans can wear whatever they want...but the fact remains they were asked to wear a certain color. #teamplayer

daddy daycare
12-26-2013, 01:51 PM
It's football who gives a sh*t what's in the crowd? I've worn a green jersey and the Bison haven't lost for 35 straight games I've attended in person, like ill switch now.

BisonNation11
12-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Sure, fans can wear whatever they want...but the fact remains they were asked to wear a certain color. #teamplayer

It's only weird if it doesn't work. #3wolvesshirt

EC8CH
12-26-2013, 01:56 PM

Do those come in yellow?

Better yet #3bisonmoonshirt (seems appropriate for a possible 3-peat championship game)

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 01:56 PM
sure, fans can wear whatever they want...but the fact remains they were asked to wear a certain color. #teamplayer

bullshit!!!! So those that dont subscribe to wearing yellow arent team players?

I suggest you go back and look at the evolution of this gold rush thing. Then you will realize this has all been about marketing (of which many say is a failure at NDSU) but its obvious that you and others have fallen in to its trap.

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 01:58 PM
bullshit!!!!
I see you took a lot of time to put together a well thought out response. :D

aces1180
12-26-2013, 02:02 PM

I'm superstitious as hell...I agree 100%

runtheoption
12-26-2013, 02:09 PM
bullshit!!!! So those that dont subscribe to wearing yellow arent team players? PL, that is what TAB is saying about you. He also sent me a PM saying "PL's sausage is inedible. He can't hunt or fish, either."

Just doing my part to help tear down TOHBTC, because you guys are just terrible people, with terrible tents, terrible food, terrible beer, in a terrible tailgate spot. Just terrible, Bisonville, they're terrible.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 02:11 PM
It's football who gives a sh*t what's in the crowd? I've worn a green jersey and the Bison haven't lost for 35 straight games I've attended in person, like ill switch now.

I think some have forgotten that the team and the game is on the field.

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 02:13 PM
PL, that is what TAB is saying about you. He also sent me a PM saying "PL's sausage is inedible. He can't hunt or fish, either."

Just doing my part to help tear down TOHBTC, because you guys are just terrible people, with terrible tents, terrible food, terrible beer, in a terrible tailgate spot. Just terrible, Bisonville, they're terrible.

Get ready for some terrible yard decorations.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 02:13 PM
I see you took a lot of time to put together a well thought out response. :D

Why write a paragraph when one word wraps it up so nicely.:rofl:

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 02:14 PM
bullshit!!!! So those that dont subscribe to wearing yellow arent team players?

I suggest you go back and look at the evolution of this gold rush thing. Then you will realize this has all been about marketing (of which many say is a failure at NDSU) but its obvious that you and others have fallen in to its trap.:rofl: Isn't justification a wonderful thing? :rofl: Still, the fact remains we were asked to wear a certain color. Why should running backs block? They were recruited to run the ball. Why should Thorton be a linebacker? He was recruited to play qb.

The main reason for not wearing yellow has been, "I don't wear yellow. If they don't like it they can go #### themselves!" Even poor Bisonfan1 got made fun of once and can't/won't wear yellow anymore. Poor li'l guy is sensitive.

Seriously though, anything beats the flannel/non-team stuff some still wear.

aces1180
12-26-2013, 02:18 PM
:rofl: Isn't justification a wonderful thing? :rofl: Still, the fact remains we were asked to wear a certain color. Why should running backs block? They were recruited to run the ball. Why should Thorton be a linebacker? He was recruited to play qb.

The main reason for not wearing yellow has been, "I don't wear yellow. If they don't like it they can go #### themselves!" Even poor Bisonfan1 got made fun of once and can't/won't wear yellow anymore. Poor li'l guy is sensitive.

The message unites us!

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 02:21 PM
:rofl: Isn't justification a wonderful thing? :rofl: Still, the fact remains we were asked to wear a certain color. Why should running backs block? They were recruited to run the ball. Why should Thorton be a linebacker? He was recruited to play qb.

I am actually looking for some flannel NDSU stuff to go with my flannel NDSU lounging--PJ bottoms. Would they be appropriate for tailgating?

TransAmBison
12-26-2013, 02:24 PM
I am actually looking for some flannel NDSU stuff to go with my flannel NDSU lounging--PJ bottoms. Would they be appropriate for tailgating?
You want to wear PJ's to tailgate? You wear "bottoms"?

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
You want to wear PJ's to tailgate? You wear "bottoms"?

Of course I dont wear bottoms. Hence my question about PJ bottoms being appropriate. Geeez.
May be I better just call Red Green. Opps there goes that green thing again.

Bisonfan1
12-26-2013, 02:32 PM
I dont know why, but I always find this subject hilarious. Everyone please carry on. I will be wearing GREEN at the Natty because Tranny made fun of me once for wearing yellow at a gold rush marketing game. Years of counseling and I still havent recovered. ( real reason, havent gotten fat enough to outgrow 30 years of GREEN Bison gear, getting dangerously close now though)

BlueBisonRock
12-26-2013, 03:38 PM
PL, that is what TAB is saying about you. He also sent me a PM saying "PL's sausage is inedible. He can't hunt or fish, either."

Speaking of terrible, you left out that guy who drives the knoephla express but offers no knoephla soup to cold and lonely visitors. Ya betcha, that is terrible!

runtheoption
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Speaking of terrible, you left out that guy who drives the knoephla express but offers no knoephla soup to cold and lonely visitors. Ya betcha, that is terrible!My apologies, that was rude of me. It was cooking away in the bus, ready to be eaten. If it helps any, it was really tasty.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 04:58 PM

Hes a tailgate snob and doesnt eat sausage at tailgate so what does he know? Nothing! Harummph!!

Bisonfan1
12-26-2013, 05:29 PM
RTO's influence couldnt even get Eric Shofstien hired to the coaching staff. If he pulls off getting Bill Brasky on, then I may change my opinion on him. Until then, Im with PL - Harummph !!! I heard RTO knows Bill Brasky !

dgoergs
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I know this isn't the correct thread to post this, but I didn't want to start a new one. ..anybody have a copy of the NDSU video with Morgan Freeman? Real bad ass and I would love to watch again!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

runtheoption
12-26-2013, 06:01 PM
RTO's influence couldnt even get Eric Shofstien hired to the coaching staff. If he pulls off getting Bill Brasky on, then I may change my opinion on him. Until then, Im with PL - Harummph !!! I heard RTO knows Bill Brasky !

I truly believe Eric "Shotgun" Shofstien as the OC will do amazing things with his constant 4 and 5 wide-out, spread-type of offense. It really will work well in our domed stadium, where weather does not dictate the offense you run. It will be a slight culture change for NDSU, but I think the fans are ready for that type of offense. We've seen how well it works for other schools, which would be amazing to see coupled with our traditionally strong defense. Hopefully Wentz can adjust to never being under center. I could even see Thorton taking some snaps, as he would be a dangerous runner out of the spread.

You can stop with Bill Brasky. Everyone knows that is made up.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 06:04 PM
I know this isn't the correct thread to post this, but I didn't want to start a new one. ..anybody have a copy of the NDSU video with Morgan Freeman? Real bad ass and I would love to watch again!

If you dont know where or how to start an appropriate thread may i suggest you read "Gabes" Introduction to Message Board Etiquette 101. If you contact him personally I am sure he will be more than happy to tutor you in private so you can see the master at work up close and in his element.

Bisonfan1
12-26-2013, 06:09 PM
And thread drift 101 by Gabe. I better study it again. Wearing Green - back on topic. Back off topic - So there still is a chance on Shofstien ? I can read between the lines RTO - good news.

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 06:12 PM
And thread drift 101 by Gabe. I better study it again. Wearing Green - back on topic. Back off topic - So there still is a chance on Shofstien ? I can read between the lines RTO - good news.

We were so close! May this time??????:praying::praying:

runtheoption
12-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Back off topic - So there still is a chance on Shofstien ? I can read between the lines RTO - good news. Yep. Close to a done deal.

Tatanka
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Yep. Close to a done deal.

I got the text from SDBison. Can't wait! Going to make #chuckthepigskin look like three yards and a cloud of dust.

aces1180
12-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Speaking of Gabe, is this him?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152447699838275&set=pb.23465078274.-2207520000.1388093700.&type=3&theater

56BISON73
12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Doesnt look like him.

Kermit
12-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Speaking of Gabe, is this him?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152447699838275&set=pb.23465078274.-2207520000.1388093700.&type=3&theater

Gabe is a bot. You can't photograph a bot. Amirite?

BisonTeacher
12-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Gabe is a bot. You can't photograph a bot. Amirite?

Not true. You can photograph bots. the real question is do bots see the reflection of their sombrero in a mirror?

56BISON73
12-27-2013, 04:39 AM
Not true. You can photograph bots. the real question is do bots have a reflection in a mirror?

If you shoot their ass with a silver bullet they sure do.:biggrin:

MankatoBison
12-27-2013, 06:22 AM
I would wear freaking pink if we were asked to.. I don't understand why some are so diametrically opposed to this idea. Check the attitude and quit deliberately choosing not to follow simple displays of support like this. It's not about you trying to prove a point or whatever, it's about the program, and if the program wants us to do something as simple as wearing a yellow shirt to visually show our support, then I'm damn sure gonna do it.

Do you also not wear the tux your daughter wants you to wear for the wedding? There's not really a difference except you can "match your wedding party" for less than 15$... C'mon guys

Bison4Life302
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM

This was the game they did Code Green at the Fargo Dome! It looks like everyone is in street clothes. Wearing GOLD is a NO BRAINER!!!!

TransAmBison
12-27-2013, 10:57 AM

This was the game they did Code Green at the Fargo Dome! It looks like everyone is in street clothes. Wearing GOLD is a NO BRAINER!!!!Agreed. All green in the stands did not look good.

aces1180
12-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I would wear freaking pink if we were asked to.. I don't understand why some are so diametrically opposed to this idea. Check the attitude and quit deliberately choosing not to follow simple displays of support like this. It's not about you trying to prove a point or whatever, it's about the program, and if the program wants us to do something as simple as wearing a yellow shirt to visually show our support, then I'm damn sure gonna do it.

Do you also not wear the tux your daughter wants you to wear for the wedding? There's not really a difference except you can "match your wedding party" for less than 15$... C'mon guys

Closet UN_ fan? I knew it!

Bisonfan1
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Mankato - Everyone has a yellow t-shirt, The day will start out in Frisco at 36 degrees, extended forecast showing 57 and rain showers now. I will have a yellow t-shirt under my GREEN windshirt and or Team Makers jacket. If it comes down to it, Im not going to shiver in the stands to satisfy the fashion police. What I am getting at is you see alot more green outerwear than yellow outerwear when the temp dips. not everyone is going to run out and buy a $60.00 yellow sweatshirt or $100.00 bucks on a yellow jacket. I know PL's position is that yellow is very intimaditing to the opposing team and all that, but i feel upping my Team Maker contribution this year and last was more important than a wardrobe change and the small amount of royality that NDSU recieves off of the gold rush marketing campain. Team colors is better than 5-6 years ago when over half wore neither green or yellow.

TransAmBison
12-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Mankato - Everyone has a yellow t-shirt, The day will start out in Frisco at 36 degrees, extended forecast showing 57 and rain showers now. I will have a yellow t-shirt under my GREEN windshirt and or Team Makers jacket. If it comes down to it, Im not going to shiver in the stands to satisfy the fashion police. What I am getting at is you see alot more green outerwear than yellow outerwear when the temp dips. not everyone is going to run out and buy a $60.00 yellow sweatshirt or $100.00 bucks on a yellow jacket. I know PL's position is that yellow is very intimaditing to the opposing team and all that, but i feel upping my Team Maker contribution this year and last was more important than a wardrobe change and the small amount of royality that NDSU recieves off of the gold rush marketing campain. Team colors is better than 5-6 years ago when over half wore neither green or yellow.When we had custom t-shirts made for our group there were quite a few that refused yellow shirts but were willing to buy green. Same as when a new round of t-shirts were going to be made...just sayin'...

Bisonfan1
12-27-2013, 02:49 PM
When we had custom t-shirts made for our group there were quite a few that refused yellow shirts but were willing to buy green. Same as when a new round of t-shirts were going to be made...just sayin'...

Still hard to get over Bob Babich on the billboards screaming yellow. just sayin'

StL Bison Fan
12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Just pick the color that makes you yell the loudest.

bdg64
12-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Green jackets, Gold jackets who gives a shit.

BisonNation11
12-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Just pick the color that makes you yell the loudest.

I would have to say my favorite color is whatever alcohol is in my glass before the game!

StL Bison Fan
12-27-2013, 03:12 PM
I would have to say my favorite color is whatever alcohol is in my glass before the game!
Isn't most beer yellow? Case closed :biggrin:

BisonNation11
12-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Isn't most beer yellow? Case closed :biggrin:

Morgan is not yellow, dark beer is not yellow, whiskey is not yellow, Ice Hole is not yellow, I could keep going but I will just give you more sh!t at the game (And possibly a shooter)!

Bison55
12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a lucky sweatshirt that I bought just before the Eastern Washington game back in 2010- I took it off at half time of that game to go to a dinner party ( we lost)
The next year I didn't wear it during the Youngstown game because I was hauling grain (we lost)
The next year I didn't wear it to the Indiana State game (we lost)
This year I wasn't wearing it during the K-State game.. then went and put it on at halftime
So, although it goes against the gold rush order I will be wearing my lucky green sweatshirt- don't take it to mean that I am not supportive of "wearing gold" ,I'm just superstitious!:)

dgoergs
12-27-2013, 03:32 PM
I have a lucky sweatshirt that I bought just before the Eastern Washington game back in 2010- I took it off at half time of that game to go to a dinner party ( we lost)
The next year I didn't wear it during the Youngstown game because I was hauling grain (we lost)
The next year I didn't wear it to the Indiana State game (we lost)
This year I wasn't wearing it during the K-State game.. then went and put it on at halftime
So, although it goes against the gold rush order I will be wearing my lucky green sweatshirt- don't take it to mean that I am not supportive of "wearing gold" ,I'm just superstitious!:)

"It's only crazy if it doesn't work"

StL Bison Fan
12-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Morgan is not yellow, dark beer is not yellow, whiskey is not yellow, Ice Hole is not yellow, I could keep going but I will just give you more sh!t at the game (And possibly a shooter)!

I drink bloody Mary's, dark beer and bourbon. None yellow. And I do like ice hole in various colors. So no harm- no foul.

Jay
12-30-2013, 04:03 AM
@NDSUequipment: The gold jerseys are back from the seamstress w/ the #FCSChamp patches, will wear them with green pants. #Goldrush. http://t.co/DrD0i0i1y8

bandit218
12-31-2013, 02:45 AM
This will be my first year in Frisco. Do they have team gear for sale down there?

SafeTeeJ
12-31-2013, 02:47 AM
This will be my first year in Frisco. Do they have team gear for sale down there?

Yes. At the pep fest for sure.

TAILG8R
12-31-2013, 02:51 AM

Yes they do. During the pep fest and at the hotel in Plano. Check the ndsu alumni web site for details.