PDA

View Full Version : An Omen

CaBisonFan
10-21-2006, 06:21 PM
True story...

...so I wake up in my usual fog on a Saturday morning, and my wife is having a "ladies" gathering at our house today during the game. *No matter...my computer is in an office area, so I can hide out and go crazy during the game...literally. *I'm going to watch the game on espn gameplan on my computer.

But I decide to put on a polo shirt because of the company coming instead of my usual Saturday grubby clothes. *I grabbed one blindly out of a collection of about 50....I collect t-shirts and polo shirts.....call it a fetish if you will.

I go out to run a few errands...finally look at what I'm wearing...and it's my Bison green shirt...the only one I have.

It's an omen. *Good things are about to happen. *

Actually....I'm hoping for a "game." *

GO BISON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show the Gophers and their fans what a bunch of North Dakota players and non-gopher recruits from Minnesota can do *!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwendel
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
The stars are aligned! :)

kchats
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
We don't need no stinking stars aligned. NDSU wins this game today. Here is what I wrote in response to Jeff Kolpack's blog today.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/index.cfm

Jeff,

NDSU's athletic program isn't like everybody else's programs in division I-AA or division II when we were division II. NDSU cares about being successful in all sports, not just the marquee sports. NDSU is a football school and it gives a bit of emphasis to that program and has hired a great coaching staff. It just shows how great the job Coach Bohl has done in building this program has been. If you ask Coach Bohl he will still tell you NDSU isn't where he wants them to be, so when he gets NDSU to that level NDSU will be scary good. There is less difference between division I-A and division I-AA in scholarship levels than between division I-AA and division II. Why should it be such a shock that a top 5 division I-AA team could beat a bottom of the barrel Big Ten team? NDSU was down 27 scholarships to Montana when the Bison beat the Grizzlies. If you remember that was Coach Bohl's first season and the Bison were 2-8 the year before. These players have bought into the system and believe in Coach Bohl. Bison win by 3 points or less and control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Bison also hold Minnesota to under 100 yards rushing.

Don't expect a UND vs NDSU reunion anytime soon. If NDSU gets into the Gateway for football they will have 8 games on their schedule from that and if you throw in Cal-Poly, UC-Davis and a division I-A game that is 11 games. I say play the schools that helped NDSU in the transition not the schools that spit on you.