PDA

View Full Version : Redshirts

Herd12
12-17-2013, 03:11 PM
now that we're moving in to this transition from Bohl to Coach K it's going to be interesting to see where Klieman and his staff slot some of the recruits that we have current commitments from. A lot of that will matter on where the team requires depth both now and down the line. Who from last year's class has lost their redshirt? I can think of Ambrosius, DeLuca, PGT and Morlock. Is that it?

Kermit
12-17-2013, 03:13 PM
now that we're moving in to this transition from Bohl to Coach K it's going to be interesting to see where Klieman and his staff slot some of the recruits that we have current commitments from. A lot of that will matter on where the team requires depth both now and down the line. Who from last year's class has lost their redshirt? I can think of Ambrosius, DeLuca, PGT and Morlock. Is that it?

Just those four.

tjbison
12-17-2013, 06:09 PM
I Still question why we pulled those, but whatever

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2013, 07:09 PM

DeLuca got time in games and Morlock is the presumptive #2 behind Crockett next year so he needed game reps.

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2013, 07:27 PM

Really wished PGT could have redshirted. He's such a good looking player, would have loved to see him redshirt, learn for a year under Beck/LittleJohn, and then start for 3 years.

tjbison
12-17-2013, 07:35 PM
DeLuca got time in games and Morlock is the presumptive #2 behind Crockett next year so he needed game reps.

Chase has not had anything close to career building reps, I just think with quality we had this year we did not need to waste a year of these guys but I'm not mad just my opinion

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Chase has not had anything close to career building reps, I just think with quality we had this year we did not need to waste a year of these guys but I'm not mad just my opinion

It's a 2 back system. I would much prefer Morlock's first hit not coming at the beginning of a game that mattered.

HerdBot
12-17-2013, 08:07 PM

DeLuca has 22 tackles so that was the right move. Next year he will be more prepared
Pierre Gee Tucker played in 8 games either on ST or linebacker. Had he not been injured he would be seeing the field right now. It's just a case of bad luck.
Morlock has been solid on special teams and has shown he's a capable ball carrier. More than I thought he would as a freshman
Ambroscious - Little bummed he lost his redshirt but it looked like Gordon was going to be out for the year so we needed him. Turns out he is still playing. Ambroscious will be in the rotation next year so getting some playing time now will help with that.

gumby013
12-17-2013, 08:11 PM

It's not like they no longer have a red shirt. They can always use it later.

17>1
12-18-2013, 01:08 AM
It's not like they no longer have a red shirt. They can always use it later.

That doesn't sound right. Once a red shirt has been placed on a player and then it's been removed, it's gone for good. I have heard of a situation, and the LB from KState comes to mind, where he used a red shirt between his junior and senior year. Not sure how that works though.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2013, 01:19 AM
That doesn't sound right. Once a red shirt has been placed on a player and then it's been removed, it's gone for good. I have heard of a situation, and the LB from KState comes to mind, where he used a red shirt between his junior and senior year. Not sure how that works though.

U are incorrect

17>1
12-18-2013, 01:23 AM
U are incorrect

Ok, it happens occasionally.

So is it a deal then where they have 5 years to use 4 years of eligibility?

SamsRams
12-18-2013, 01:25 AM

yeah its not like at the beginning of the year the team has to indicate who is redshirting to the NCAA. You are never officially red shirted until the year is over and you have not played

17>1
12-18-2013, 01:27 AM
yeah its not like at the beginning of the year the team has to indicate who is redshirting to the NCAA. You are never officially red shirted until the year is over and you have not played

Right on. I learn something new every day.

EndZoneQB
12-18-2013, 01:28 AM
It's a 2 back system. I would much prefer Morlock's first hit not coming at the beginning of a game that mattered.

He had a 41 yarder in a playoff game...think how much more confident he's going to be next year? Sure it was in mop-up duty, but it's experience.

Gully
12-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Is PGT out for the year? We might need DeLuca in a bigger way before this year is over. Pretty thin at LB.

BisonNation11
12-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Is PGT out for the year? We might need DeLuca in a bigger way before this year is over. Pretty thin at LB.

Yes, PGT is out for the year. I think it depends on who we see in Frisco. We might need DeLuca to help stop West if Towson makes it.

twinterfun
12-18-2013, 11:58 PM
PGT had surgery and has been in a sling for a while.

Personally think we wasted a year for PGT and BA but I would have never guessed Gordon could be effective at DE with a partially torn ACL. Deluca is a stud on special teams and even with the work Morlock has gotten, hard to see the value in not redshirting him this year.

What happened with Darious Anderson? He's fifth string even behind morlock.

BisonNation11
12-19-2013, 12:01 AM

Personally think we wasted a year for PGT and BA but I would have never guessed Gordon could be effective at DE with a partially torn ACL. Deluca is a stud on special teams and even with the work Morlock has gotten, hard to see the value in not redshirting him this year.

I wouldn't say "what happened to him". I'm sure he's doing great with everything, but his running style and size aren't exactly typical of a "power running game".

SamsRams
12-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Morlock brings more to special teams, that is why he dresses

As for PGT is it still a waste if he would not go to NDSU if he was going to redshirt?

MAKBison
12-19-2013, 12:49 AM
YOU play to win this season not next season. Also, if you are ready to play, no sense sitting on the bench, come out and compete in whatever role that is (mop up, spot duty, back up or a starter) CM is one play away from being a huge contribute, do you really want his first snap being in the middle of the game after an injury.
PGT was just bad luck with the injury, he was lights out on ST and had some crushing tackles when he was in on D. Good reps, he will be better for it next year.

BTW, the key to ensuring you have talent is to keep recruiting talent. NO need to RS someone if the guy behind him can fill the void after he is done. Coach K said it best, we don't rebuild we reload!

westnodak93bison
12-19-2013, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't say "what happened to him". I'm sure he's doing great with everything, but his running style and size aren't exactly typical of a "power running game".

Neither was Mike Singers and he got some carries?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
12-19-2013, 05:16 AM
the game experience will help these guys