PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Coach K

Gully
12-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Rather than continuing all of the other long threads, I thought I'd beat Gabe to the punch and start a thread congratulating "Coach K". #reloading

A1pigskin
12-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I have not heard anything official but if it is true, congratulations to Coach Klieman.

coloradobison
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I have not heard anything official but if it is true, congratulations to Coach Klieman.

you mean like this??

http://gobison.com/news/2013/12/15/FB_1215130513.aspx

bisonfanette
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Coach KLIEMAN!

MHDBisonfan
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
This is a good hire, nice job by Gene for getting it done in a timely manner. Coach K will keep it going.

BisonTeacher
12-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Very Happy. Now...lets get those recruits signed.

WYOBISONMAN
12-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Party like its 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klieman!!! KLIEMAN!!!!!!

http://gobison.com/images/2011/3/8/headshot_2_Chris%20Klieman.jpg

Wally
12-15-2013, 03:07 PM
This is a good hire, nice job by Gene for getting it done in a timely manner. Coach K will keep it going.

Coach K wasn't delivered in 30 minutes or less, but I'll take it :). Seriously though, so happy it was done in a quick and efficient manner and that some continuity will remain. I would assume offensive assistants will be his #1 priority

BismarckBisonFan
12-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Congrats to Coach K. Great fit for Bison. Couldn't be happier. One game at a time so let's win on Friday night.

SDBison92
12-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I'd like to also thank his campaign manager Wyobisonman for his hard work and dedication.

Party like its 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klieman!!! KLIEMAN!!!!!!

http://gobison.com/images/2011/3/8/headshot_2_Chris%20Klieman.jpg

westnodak93bison
12-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Nice! Congrats Coach K!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
12-15-2013, 03:12 PM
So happy I almost pooped my pants.

Wally
12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
https://twitter.com/milkstheone/status/412251042651193344.

It looks like we got a dude named salmon to run the offense

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2013, 03:26 PM

http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=626870&SPID=90703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=205206081&Q_SEASON=2013

Here is his bio if the link works sometimes I can't run this ipad

BisonBryan
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Congrats Coach K!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Jay
12-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K! Coach K!

IBleedYellow
12-15-2013, 03:39 PM
This is going to be a good day.

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-15-2013, 03:44 PM
It's a trap, he is a UNI spy! Just kidding! Congrates coach K glad to hear this will be the move. Bison football will continue to roll!!!

Bison Gal
12-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Congrats Coach K!!! The dynasty continues......Go Bison!!!

BYZEN
12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Way to go GT!! congratulations to Coach K!will !!!!
I'm curious now who be the strength coach since this is the guy that get's to COACH the players until spring ball?

dewey
12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Congratulations coach K! Good to keep some continuity in the program with coach Bohl leaving.

Dewey

A1pigskin
12-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Now that it's official. IMO NDSU is lucky to have CK as the new HC..

SamsRams
12-15-2013, 05:05 PM

speculation or was this announced??

Wally
12-15-2013, 05:06 PM

speculation

A1pigskin
12-15-2013, 05:17 PM

This would be nice....

Rockbear99
12-15-2013, 05:18 PM
So happy I almost pooped my pants.

Just to confirm since that is in purple and says almost, does that mean you actually did poop your pants.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen.. We Got him! Welcome as the newest head coach!

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2013, 05:20 PM
You know what is cool?

Coach K getting the job.

You know what else is cool?

NDSU is on the front page of the NCAAF page on espn with the news. Wow, this program has come a long ways.....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Bisonfan1
12-15-2013, 05:26 PM

Salmon CAS4127 is going to run the offense ? WTF over. Congrats Coach K. Happy day !! Thought we were going after Shotgun Shofstien for OC ? confused.

KyleK
12-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 1m
Correction to early tweet: it's a FIVE year contract for Chris Klieman at #NDSU

Also said compensation would be similar to Bohl

Bison Fin
12-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Chuck the pigskin new OC?

tjamz
12-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Great news indeed! Congrats Coach K!

gizmo
12-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Defense wins championships and we've hired the best DC in the country. This is great news! Congrats to Coach Klieman!!!!

NDSU1980
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
A couple times in church this morning I said a silent prayer that it's Klieman. Thank you Lord for prayers answered.

bisoningrandforks
12-15-2013, 06:14 PM
and whats even better news...(press conf)... coack K said he's keeping the same schemes on both sides of the ball!.....sweet!

NDSU
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Congrats to coach K! Glad the news is now "official".

Swaghook
12-15-2013, 06:20 PM
and whats even better news...(press conf)... coack K said he's keeping the same schemes on both sides of the ball!.....sweet!

When you have an award winning recipe for success you don't go changing it.

BisoninNWMN
12-15-2013, 06:20 PM

Great!!

No spread offense bullshit!

BisoninNWMN
12-15-2013, 06:21 PM

Great!!

No spread offense bullshit!

Gully
12-15-2013, 06:21 PM
is the presser online yet?

NDSUstudent
12-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I just hope he coaches the program in the way he wants to coach it. After this season is over it is Chris Klieman's team and not Craig Bohls.

I love that he wants to keep doing some of the same things but this team has gotten better and better because they have been able to take in some new ideas and work them into what they do. You always need to be evolving.

Bisonguy
12-15-2013, 06:36 PM

I don't believe that really was an option. GT said yesterday that the new coach would need to maintain Bohl's blueprint of a sound defense and a smashmouth/run-based offense.

KyleK
12-15-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't believe that really was an option. GT said yesterday that the new coach would need to maintain Bohl's blueprint of a sound defense and a smashmouth/run-based offense.

"@FGOSPORTSWRITER: NDSU's Tamp 2 defense and West Coast offense will not change under Klieman. He said he'll find the staff to fit those philosophies."

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Tony Almeida
12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I just hope he coaches the program in the way he wants to coach it. After this season is over it is Chris Klieman's team and not Craig Bohls.

I love that he wants to keep doing some of the same things but this team has gotten better and better because they have been able to take in some new ideas and work them into what they do. You always need to be evolving.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

How much more do we need to evolve? I like where we are so I hope nothing changes and we keep winning nattys...

1998braves64
12-15-2013, 07:54 PM
The only thing NDSU needs to improve/change/evolve upon is readying themselves to move up to 2nd tier of football if/when the big 5 leave, which is to continue making runs at national championships and deep runs in playoffs so that you can keep recruiting the leftovers from the BCS teams. Congratulations to Klieman, he was one of the first people I thought of when heard Bohl was gone to Wyoming... was hoping GT would work some NDSU magic on him and get him to stay here, as I've liked how he's assembled our D the last 3 years. Glad to hear he wants to keep the same philosophies.

NDSUstudent
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

How much more do we need to evolve? I like where we are so I hope nothing changes and we keep winning nattys...

If you think our offense and defense remained the same from when Bohl took over until he left you are mistaken. He has made plenty of tweaks and taken on new ideas from the coaches he has brought in and even the teams we played. Heck when we beat Montana State a few years ago, a huge play in the game was put into our playbook because Robert Morris used it successfully against us the week before.

In college football you have to always be evolving and by evolve I am not saying wholesale changes...more like new wrinkles.

Bison_Pride
12-15-2013, 11:42 PM
It seems like only yesterday he was getting initiated into the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J3znu3WuGM

BlueKeyAlum
12-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Sweet. Very nice.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Sweet. Very nice.

Everybody looks so YOUNG in that video. I barely recognized Billy and Grant.

56BISON73
12-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Coach K did a great job for the first time behind the mic.

Gully
12-16-2013, 12:17 AM
If you think our offense and defense remained the same from when Bohl took over until he left you are mistaken. He has made plenty of tweaks and taken on new ideas from the coaches he has brought in and even the teams we played. Heck when we beat Montana State a few years ago, a huge play in the game was put into our playbook because Robert Morris used it successfully against us the week before.

In college football you have to always be evolving and by evolve I am not saying wholesale changes...more like new wrinkles.

That's true. The first year they threw all of those extremely short, quick passes with Tony Staus. I like the current version of the offense much better.

Swaghook
12-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Offensive schemes also have to work with the players you have. Always going to see wrinkles added or taken out over time. Just do not want a wholesale change to the system(unless it is to bring back the option):hide:.

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Coach K stated you only have to look at the semi final games to know what works in FCS football....talking abut how power O and stingy D is a winning formula

IBleedYellow
12-16-2013, 01:38 PM
"He knows the UNI fight song..." lol Coach.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Offensive schemes also have to work with the players you have. Always going to see wrinkles added or taken out over time. Just do not want a wholesale change to the system(unless it is to bring back the option):hide:.

Exactly. This is why we are running more nickel than in the past and throwing more. Our secondary is loaded and Brock knows the offense and has plenty of receivers. As long as we keep the systems in place (terminology and general shit) we will see little or no dropoff. Wentz should know the offense like the back of his hand. He's been in the system for 3 years and will return a ton of receivers

BisonNeil
12-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Exactly. This is why we are running more nickel than in the past and throwing more. Our secondary is loaded and Brock knows the offense and has plenty of receivers. As long as we keep the systems in place (terminology and general shit) we will see little or no dropoff. Wentz should know the offense like the back of his hand. He's been in the system for 3 years and will return a ton of receivers

The only drop off I see next year is in the DL. Bison lose six of eight players in the rotation. Probably a lot of young guys that have talent, but there is no subsitute for experience and the lack of which will hurt.

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Rather than continuing all of the other long threads, I thought I'd beat Gabe to the punch and start a thread congratulating "Coach K". #reloading

You are excited because it's our first coach that when we do look a likes you are the man

Kermit
12-16-2013, 04:24 PM
The only drop off I see next year is in the DL. Bison lose six of eight players in the rotation. Probably a lot of young guys that have talent, but there is no subsitute for experience and the lack of which will hurt.

I agree with you except your math. We will return 3 regular rotation guys in Emanuel, Hardie, and Schaetz. Ambrosius is getting a few snaps, but not nearly as many.

EC8CH
12-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Offensive line loses some important guys next year, and look how the Bison struggled vs UNI this year.

The line on both sides is the biggest question mark next year. Wentz will do just fine provided the Bison can dominate the LOS like they have been.

BisonNation11
12-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I agree with you except your math. We will return 3 regular rotation guys in Emanuel, Hardie, and Schaetz. Ambrosius is getting a few snaps, but not nearly as many.

Isn't there a few guys coming up that had FBS offers? Either way I'm not too concerned about the fresh talent coming up. They play against a very solid o-line at every practice so get great experience there.

Offensive line loses some important guys next year, and look how the Bison struggled vs UNI this year.

The line on both sides is the biggest question mark next year. Wentz will do just fine provided the Bison can dominate the LOS like they have been.

If Plankers wants to be the man at LT, he needs to get a mean side to him. He does a great job when he's in, don't get me wrong, but with his size he needs to develop a "bad a$$" attitude when he's on the field that no one will beat him and he will dominate anyone that gets in his way.

Kermit
12-16-2013, 04:40 PM

Turner and Gimmestad are huge losses. I believe that there is good help on the way. Jesse Hinz has starting experience. Jack Plankers and Landon Lechler are talented redshirt freshmen. I'm told that Austin Kuhnert has been an absolute stud on the scout team. Zach Ziemer is also very good. Finally, I've heard good things about Jeremy Kelly, the transfer from Crookston.

UNI was the worst case scenario. We lost 2 starters within 24 hours of the game. The group that started had never practiced as a unit. I'm not even sure how much Plankers had worked at guard in practice. The offensive line will certainly need work going into the spring, but the future is bright (3 returning starters who are all sophomores) and they have the potential to be very good next year.

I'm a little more worried about the d-line because, although they will have talent, there will likely be a big drop off in experience and depth from this year. DT is loaded with young guys in Farnloff (returning from ACL), Jacobsen, Morgan, and especially Tanguay.

THEsocalledfan
12-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I admit I did not have time to read the previous 6 pages, but one thing in the presser yesterday caught my attention I'd like comment on:

When CK told GT that he only want to focus on beating CC early in the week, is it possible he had decided to go with Bohl, or at least was leaning heavily that way? Or am I reading way to much into it?

By if this is the case, I want to tip my hat to GT. I never did understand why folks assumed, as a given, both coordinators would go with him as it seemed obvious GT would go after one.

56BISON73
12-16-2013, 06:01 PM
I admit I did not have time to read the previous 6 pages, but one thing in the presser yesterday caught my attention I'd like comment on:

When CK told GT that he only want to focus on beating CC early in the week, is it possible he had decided to go with Bohl, or at least was leaning heavily that way? Or am I reading way to much into it?

By if this is the case, I want to tip my hat to GT. I never did understand why folks assumed, as a given, both coordinators would go with him as it seemed obvious GT would go after one.

I think you are reading too much in to it. GT new he was interested but CK wanted to focus on the upcoming game. They could talk after the game.

wildh
12-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Congrats Coack K! Great comment about "Reloading".....best of luck and Go Bison.

Kermit
12-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I think you are reading too much in to it. GT new he was interested but CK wanted to focus on the upcoming game. They could talk after the game.

Agree. We should also remember that we are getting the abridged, and (possibly) cleaned up for public consumption version of events at the press conference. The important thing is Gene got his man and we only waited a week.

Congratulations, Coach Klieman!

SFBison
12-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Great hire! Now Let's go win a title and let's get these recruits signed.