PDA

View Full Version : @und

HoopsBison
12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Late to the party here but the bison lead UND 54-51 in the second half.

Go Bison!

344Johnson
12-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Late to the party here but the bison lead UND 54-51 in the second half.

Go Bison!

well thats neat eh?

ndsubison1
12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
bison up 3 with 11 min left. finish strong

HoopsBison
12-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Bison up 8 with 7 minutes left.

HoopsBison
12-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Well we are giving this one away now...

Tied 81 with 2 mins left.

HoopsBison
12-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Bison lose 88-83.

North Side
12-14-2013, 08:58 PM
I would be pretty upset right now...good thing i really don't care a lot about women's basketball and we won in football.

Elephants Dream?
12-14-2013, 10:02 PM
You can't afford to give up 37 to Buck. Defense; What defense?
10 free throw chances to 24. They had more steals and blocked shots.
Up by 8 with 7 min. to go and lose by 5. That's a 13 point turnaround in seven minutes.
Collapse of defense plus various other miscues.
They did play well for 33 minutes, too bad it's a 40 minutes game.

ndsubison1
12-14-2013, 10:17 PM
ready for comments how und has dominated us in D1 and they've past our athletic program :facepalm2:

Tatanka
12-14-2013, 10:21 PM
ready for comments how und has dominated us in D1 and they've past our athletic program :facepalm2:

They're already crowing about 2013 being he year of the Bison Beatdown. This from the un_ official facebook page.

1998braves64
12-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Already seen the facebook post... :facepalm:

southpaw
12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
They're already crowing about 2013 being he year of the Bison Beatdown. This from the un_ official facebook page.

It kinda of is though. To lose every single game against a team 70 miles away that started the transition 5 years after the Bison seems kinda embarrassing.

Tatanka
12-15-2013, 09:49 PM
It kinda of is though. To loose every single game against a team 70 miles away that started the transition 5 years after the Bison seems kinda embarrassing.

Fixed your post. And whatever. Would I prefer the Bison win? sure. But they didn't this year.

Enjoy the super bowl wins... I'm sure they were all on their way to conference championships, right?

southpaw
12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Fixed your post. And whatever. Would I prefer the Bison win? sure. But they didn't this year.

Enjoy the super bowl wins... I'm sure they were all on their way to conference championships, right?

What exactly did you fix other than change lose to loose? Is that your Bison education showing?

Good to know UND is undefeated in the Super Bowl this year.

The butthurt is strong in Fargo.

BlueBisonRock
12-15-2013, 10:48 PM
What exactly did you fix other than change lose to loose? Is that your Bison education showing?

Do you not understand the difference between lose and loose? Do your research, then come back with your troll response. And just remember to Chuck the Pigskin!

And this one wants to talk about embarrassing...

NDSUstudent
12-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Congrats to UND...you just beat our version of Muss.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM

And they wonder why there has not been a football game scheduled. Their leadership needs to look squarely right in the mirror to see why. Keep the comments coming out of the "official" correspondence mediums and that piece of paper about the phone message you left for the football schedule will keep getting shuffled to the bottom of the to do list.

Tatanka
12-15-2013, 10:53 PM

Butthurt? Pfffft. How about no.

If this is what it takes to help you feel even a teensy bit relevant, please, by all means, have at it.

I do however look forward to your reply about all the championships your "superior" teams must be winning, even in a statistically weaker conference.

southpaw
12-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Do you not understand the difference between lose and loose? Do your research, then come back with your troll response. And just remember to Chuck the Pigskin!

And this one wants to talk about embarrassing...

Yeah, I understand the difference between lose and loose which is why his change made no sense. If he thought I meant loose then he should have changed it to "Too loose." Shortening it up: "To lose to UND seems kinda embarrassing."

As for Tatanka's post about championships,one of the two fall teams that beat NDSU won the conference regular season championship. The other team only won two games all season. How bad must NDSU's team be if they count for half of the wins for the women's soccer team?

344Johnson
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I understand the different between lose and loose which is why his change made no sense. If he thought I meant loose then he should have changed it to "Too loose." Shortening it up: "To lose to UND seems kinda embarrassing."

As for Tatanka's post about championships,one of the two fall teams that beat NDSU won the conference regular season championship. The other team only won two games all season. How bad must NDSU's team be if they count for half of the wins for the women's soccer team?

My sister brought up the Fb post. Said she thought life must be good for NDSU when a local rival wants to showboat about beating us in women's athletics.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Football comes first. Men's basketball comes second. Any other sports' success is gravy, I want them to do well, but at the end of the day, it'll probably be a cold day in Hell before I attend those events regularly. (feel free to hate on my attendance or lackadaisical attitude regarding non-revenue sports)

southpaw
12-15-2013, 11:21 PM
My sister brought up the Fb post. Said she thought life must be good for NDSU when a local rival wants to showboat about beating us in women's athletics.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Football comes first. Men's basketball comes second. Any other sports' success is gravy, I want them to do well, but at the end of the day, it'll probably be a cold day in Hell before I attend those events regularly. (feel free to hate on my attendance or lackadaisical attitude regarding non-revenue sports)

I feel the same about UND's sports. 1) Hockey, 2) football, 3) men's bball. Obviously, volleyball and women's soccer aren't major sports at either university. The basketball teams are top 4 sports for both schools. The UND/NDSU games will always be circled by fans and likely the teams for the sole reason that the two schools are 70 miles apart.

Tatanka
12-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I understand the difference between lose and loose which is why his change made no sense. If he thought I meant loose then he should have changed it to "Too loose." Shortening it up: "To lose to UND seems kinda embarrassing."

Nope, you still don't get it, looser.

Tatanka
12-15-2013, 11:23 PM
I feel the same about UND's sports. 1) Hockey, 2) football, 3) men's bball. Obviously, volleyball and women's soccer aren't major sports at either university. The basketball teams are top 4 sports for both schools. The UND/NDSU games will always be circled by fans and likely the teams for the sole reason that the two schools are 70 miles apart.

So why are you here again, exactly?

southpaw
12-15-2013, 11:25 PM
So why are you here again, exactly?

Just to piss you off :)

Tatanka
12-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Just to piss you off :)

:) Well, you're failing at that, as well. I do applaud your effort.

td577
12-15-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't even pay attention to other sports until after the football season. For two reasons. The first is obvious, I love football. The second is because the other sports don't really start their conference schedule until the second semester. Those are the games that really count and everything up until then is just working the kinks out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

aces1180
12-16-2013, 12:14 AM

Congratulations?

Get back to us when one of your non-hockey teams plays in the NCAA postseason.

southpaw
12-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Congratulations?

Get back to us when one of your non-hockey teams plays in the NCAA postseason.

If we're removing each school's top sport when was the last time an NDSU team made it to the NCAA postseason? I honestly don't know, so I'm generally interested. I'm assuming softball and wrestling probably have. Did volleyball ever make it? Outside of the Woodside team(08? 09?), has NDSU basketball (men or women) made the tournament?

Tatanka
12-16-2013, 01:09 AM
If we're removing each school's top sport when was the last time an NDSU team made it to the NCAA postseason? I honestly don't know, so I'm generally interested. I'm assuming softball and wrestling probably have. Did volleyball ever make it? Outside of the Woodside team(08? 09?), has NDSU basketball (men or women) made the tournament?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22852-The-Hall-of-Champs(NDSU-teams-that-have-won-DI-conference-titles)&p=465025#post465025

aces1180
12-16-2013, 01:12 AM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22852-The-Hall-of-Champs(NDSU-teams-that-have-won-DI-conference-titles)&highlight=hall+champions

2012 for softball...The VB team last appeared in 2011.

southpaw
12-16-2013, 01:19 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22852-The-Hall-of-Champs(NDSU-teams-that-have-won-DI-conference-titles)&p=465025#post465025

Thanks. Surprised that outside of football, NDSU hasn't advanced to the second round in any NCAA postseason play since softball in 2008. That's not intended as smack as UND hasn't even made the tournament in the one and a half years of eligibility. Just surprised.

I guess that's the life of smaller athletic programs in D1. UND's in the same boat outside of hockey (and eventually football imho). Making the tournament is the goal because anything can happen but to win that first round it would be an upset.

ndsubison1
12-16-2013, 01:24 AM
It kinda of is though. To lose every single game against a team 70 miles away that started the transition 5 years after the Bison seems kinda embarrassing.

the series is 13-13-1 and thats without playing in fball or sball. plus our advantage in conference titles

Hammersmith
12-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks. Surprised that outside of football, NDSU hasn't advanced to the second round in any NCAA postseason play since softball in 2008. That's not intended as smack as UND hasn't even made the tournament in the one and a half years of eligibility. Just surprised.

I guess that's the life of smaller athletic programs in D1. UND's in the same boat outside of hockey (and eventually football imho). Making the tournament is the goal because anything can happen but to win that first round it would be an upset.

The problem is geography and the strength of the Gopher's women's programs. First/second rounds are hosted by seeded teams. The Gophers are almost always seeded in volleyball and often in soccer. Guess where NDSU goes if we win the Summit tourney? The same thing will happen to your women's teams if they win the Big Sky tourney. Gophers softball isn't that good, so NDSU gets to travel to other sites in that sport.

Tatanka
12-16-2013, 01:34 AM
The problem is geography and the strength of the Gopher's women's programs. First/second rounds are hosted by seeded teams. The Gophers are almost always seeded in volleyball and often in soccer. Guess where NDSU goes if we win the Summit tourney? The same thing will happen to your women's teams if they win the Big Sky tourney. Gophers softball isn't that good, so NDSU gets to travel to other sites in that sport.

^^^^^^This.

nodak651
12-16-2013, 06:12 PM
We SHOULD be happy to see BOTH d1 schools in ND do well. It would strengthen the perception of competitiveness in the dakotas and would help both schools in the long run. Wish we could be friends :/

ndsubison1
12-16-2013, 10:31 PM
i only want to see ndsu do well

344Johnson
12-16-2013, 10:46 PM
We SHOULD be happy to see BOTH d1 schools in ND do well. It would strengthen the perception of competitiveness in the dakotas and would help both schools in the long run. Wish we could be friends :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Myff5xAZM