PDA

View Full Version : The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

JMB
12-13-2013, 10:48 PM
I am not an NDSU to FBS guy. I enjoy what we are doing now and let the chips fall where they may. But as I was thinking about this week, it occurred to me that NDSU may have some work to do.

IF the rumblings come to be, and the FBS splits and the Big 5 take their ball and leave, I think most of us feel that NDSU should be in that second level of football. And although we feel like we could field a competitive team but what about the institution? Think about it guys, Wyoming just took our coach because we couldn't compete financially. If the split happens, these guys will be our peers, not a level up. We just got our lunch money taken by one of our possible future competitors. I think we got some work to do.

unbison
12-13-2013, 11:15 PM
I am not an NDSU to FBS guy. I enjoy what we are doing now and let the chips fall where they may. But as I was thinking about this week, it occurred to me that NDSU may have some work to do.

IF the rumblings come to be, and the FBS splits and the Big 5 take their ball and leave, I think most of us feel that NDSU should be in that second level of football. And although we feel like we could field a competitive team but what about the institution? Think about it guys, Wyoming just took our coach because we couldn't compete financially. If the split happens, these guys will be our peers, not a level up. We just got our lunch money taken by one of our possible future competitors. I think we got some work to do.
if that happens wyoming won't share in the bcs money and peers we will b

JMB
12-13-2013, 11:21 PM
if that happens wyoming won't share in the bcs money and peers we will b

Does much BCS money flow down to them? I honestly don't know.

gumby013
12-13-2013, 11:26 PM

BCS money is peanuts compared to TV contract money. Mountain West TV contract is crap compared to the Big 5.

Putz
12-13-2013, 11:28 PM

And what happens with their bigger salaries if they don't receive that money?

NDSUstudent
12-13-2013, 11:46 PM
BCS money is peanuts compared to TV contract money. Mountain West TV contract is crap compared to the Big 5.

BCS/Playoff money does flow down to them. Not sure on the amounts though.

gumby013
12-13-2013, 11:51 PM
BCS/Playoff money does flow down to them. Not sure on the amounts though.

BCS game payouts are about $17M, but get split up between conference teams.

TV contract payouts are $20+ per school for the Big 5. The SEC will be at around $30M each for the upcoming year for TV alone.

The Mountain West TV contract I think ends up being about $1.2M per member.

JMB
12-14-2013, 02:41 AM
So the BCS kicks in about 1.5 million. Hey it pays for a coach. Is that only happen if Boise St. gets there?

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2013, 02:58 AM
The State of Wyoming kicks a lot into the athletc department.

Bisonwinagn
12-14-2013, 04:09 AM
TV contracts are the big money maker. Each team in the Big ten received $25M from the Big Ten network last year. Kinda nice I would say.

unbison
12-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Aha but much better then mvfc tv contract

reformedUNDfan
12-14-2013, 07:18 AM

its 90 million split ~50 ways in the next contract.

870XPRS
12-14-2013, 10:12 AM
They are the only 4 year school in the state. Nd spreads their money all over the place........6 four year schools.

JMB
12-14-2013, 01:14 PM
They are the only 4 year school in the state. Nd spreads their money all over the place........6 four year schools.

That's a legitimate excuse, but still the reality of the situation is that someday we may be in the same level of college football as the lower level fbs teams, right now from budget comparison we are not competitive.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
That's a legitimate excuse, but still the reality of the situation is that someday we may be in the same level of college football as the lower level fbs teams, right now from budget comparison we are not competitive.

If that day ever comes in our current situation. We will either need to be on that third tier or deal with the fact that we just cant compete on a comparative resource level as those others.

Not much you can do when your expense is far greater than what you can possibly bring in.

NDSUstudent
12-14-2013, 10:12 PM
If this tier thing happens budgets might be changing a bit.

With that said if you look at the MAC or Sun Belt NDSU isn't that far off if you look at budgets.

El_Chapo
07-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Watching the mountain west media coverage right now, so this is relevant, not trying to start a holy war.

Bohl is still a charmer, mentioning NDSU a lot in interviews.

Question for you all: where would NDSU finish in this preseason poll.

MWC Media Poll:

Mountain:
Boise St
Utah St
CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico
Air Force

I'd say 3rd, what say you.

ZHerd
07-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Watching the mountain west media coverage right now, so this is relevant, not trying to start a holy war.

MWC Media Poll:

Mountain:
Boise St
Utah St
CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico
Air Force

Imo, this years NDSU team is pretty much unpredictable. Too many question marks. As a fan makes it both scary and exciting.

56BISON73
07-22-2014, 07:07 PM

You are correct. We did lose our coach. But by moving up how does that change anything? It doesnt unless NDSU figures out a way to bring in an additional 10 million a year EVERY YEAR.

NDSU1980
07-22-2014, 07:10 PM

MWC Media Poll:

Mountain:
Boise St
Utah St
CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico
Air Force

I'd say 3rd, what say you.I'd say first in the Missouri Valley Football Conference is better. We'll go FBS when the time comes and not before. Who wants to be third?

344Johnson
07-22-2014, 07:28 PM
I'd say first in the Missouri Valley Football Conference is better. We'll go FBS when the time comes and not before. Who wants to be third?

Are you saying winning the valley is tougher or am I misreading this?

Hammersmith
07-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Are you saying winning the valley is tougher or am I misreading this?

You're misreading. Winning the Valley means a conference championship, an autobid to the tourney, a likely top-4 seed in the tourney, and a probable deep run in the tourney. A third place in the MWC means a lower tier bowl game and that's it. That was his point.

JMB
07-22-2014, 07:46 PM
You are correct. We did lose our coach. But by moving up how does that change anything? It doesnt unless NDSU figures out a way to bring in an additional 10 million a year EVERY YEAR.

I still agree as I did when I wrote it orginally. Having a good record at FCS and being ready for the next level are too entirely different discussions.

HerdBot
07-22-2014, 09:10 PM
We could never compete dollar wise vs the big 5 but 10 million more per year would put us on the top of the mac conference and would pull us to Wyomings current level. The question is could we raise the money?

We can obviously do more with less but we MUST increase coaches salaries to protect the program

BisonNation11
07-22-2014, 09:24 PM
We could never compete dollar wise vs the big 5 but 10 million more per year would put us on the top of the mac conference and would pull us to Wyomings current level. The question is could we raise the money?

We can obviously do more with less but we MUST increase coaches salaries to protect the program

Fire inflation, save coaches!

reformedUNDfan
07-22-2014, 10:28 PM
step by step.

tjbison
07-23-2014, 01:24 AM

I want nothing to with being compared to Wyoming at its current level.......

ZHerd
07-23-2014, 01:31 AM
I know some (ok maybe one) have let their desire be well known for NDSU to join the mountain west. I was just reading on a MWC teams forum and it was mentioned that of the 12 teams only Air Force has a coach who has been there 4 years or more. That seems like insane turnover. Is that a normal rate of turnover for FBS conferences? If not, I don't know if I would want to join into that kind of instability

reformedUNDfan
07-23-2014, 01:43 AM
I know some (ok maybe one) have let their desire be well known for NDSU to join the mountain west. I was just reading on a MWC teams forum and it was mentioned that of the 12 teams only Air Force has a coach who has been there 4 years or more. That seems like insane turnover. Is that a normal rate of turnover for FBS conferences? If not, I don't know if I would want to join into that kind of instability

three long tenured coaches recently left jobs at Boise state, Fresno state, and Nevada.

ZHerd
07-23-2014, 01:45 AM
three long tenured coaches recently left jobs at Boise state, Fresno state, and Nevada.

Ok so it fairly coincidental. I knew about Petersen but have not followed the other two schools much.

SamsRams
07-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Typical MWC fans. they dont understand football or math. Hauck is entering year 5 at UNLV

El_Chapo
11-22-2017, 03:57 PM

NDSU record in Mountain West would be 11-1 according to FCS analyst Steve Pugh (who has a computer program with Sagarin/Massey)

a picture says a thousand words

El_Chapo
12-18-2017, 07:24 PM
I did some research:

NDSU to Mountain West: TV deal pays $1.6 million to each school. CFP money pays $5 million to each school. March madness $1.5 million to each. NDSU = $8 million more in revenue

Lets do this already

southcliffbison
12-20-2017, 03:37 AM
I did some research:

NDSU to Mountain West: TV deal pays $1.6 million to each school. CFP money pays $5 million to each school. March madness $1.5 million to each. NDSU = $8 million more in revenue

Lets do this already

Man, you're forgetting the GoDaddy.com/Meinicke CarCare bowl invite. Gee Whiz, Chappie. Bump this thread when a G5 school is included in the CFP.

unbison
12-20-2017, 11:29 AM
I did some research:

Lets do this already
8million isn’t enough
Most competitive teams in the mountain west have athletic budgets in the mid 40 million range
With donor support in the 10 million range
Your math as usual isn’t very good

Professor Chaos
12-20-2017, 11:52 AM
I did some research:

Lets do this already
Where is this $5M number from the CFP coming from? Unless NDSU actually makes a New Years 6 Bowl that's part of the CFP they just get the scraps that are shared amongst the G5 conference which, while significant are nowhere near $5M annually. Last year the entire CUSA (14 teams) got $13.9M to share from the CFP. The Notre Dame got $2.9M. No team in the MWC is sniffing close to $5M from the CFP.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/952646001

Honeybooboo
12-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Where is this $5M number from the CFP coming from? Unless NDSU actually makes a New Years 6 Bowl that's part of the CFP they just get the scraps that are shared amongst the G5 conference which, while significant are nowhere near $5M annually. Last year the entire CUSA (14 teams) got $13.9M to share from the CFP. The Notre Dame got $2.9M. No team in the MWC is sniffing close to $5M from the CFP.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/952646001

Dont give lakes facts, it wont matter

JMB
12-20-2017, 12:59 PM
I saw this thread this morning and thought, "Great who the hell started another thread about this discussion?" Then I realized it was me...... Three years ago.

BattleBorn
12-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Can someone point out where "allowed to have an opinion on FBS" sits on this chart before I comment further? Thanks.

bisonmike2
12-20-2017, 02:10 PM

Can someone point out where "allowed to have an opinion on FBS" sits on this chart before I comment further? Thanks.

It's actually not on that chart. It's to the right of "Full Scholarship" and the donation level is $200 million. That would cover a 35,000 seat new stadium, a practice facility, increased travel cost and the increases in scholarships in both the football program and matching title 9 sports.

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Don't worry. All the 30k millionaires who don't donate a dime are never afraid to express their opinion.

KNOW IT ALL
12-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Don't worry. All the 30k millionaires who don't donate a dime are never afraid to express their opinion.

Yep, because anybody that has any opinion about the "possibility" of going up knows nothing about the future state of the Bison?? AND guess who will be the first HOMER to waive his banner when NDSU does eventually move up? YOU!, and your 30K millionaire buddies who own the Bison :fight:

KNOW IT ALL
12-20-2017, 02:38 PM
If you would have asked me 3 years ago about moving up I would have said "NO", Today I would say "Maybe" it is something NDSU should keep on the table moving forward. Look at some of the competition the Bison have faced in the FCS playoffs the past few years, San Diego?, Go thru the list of teams that made the field? If JMU should move up in the near future there aren't a lot of schools out there to compete for a title, other than MVFC teams. I mean really Sam Houston is a perennial power, Did you watch that game?

bisonmike2
12-20-2017, 03:22 PM
If you would have asked me 3 years ago about moving up I would have said "NO", Today I would say "Maybe" it is something NDSU should keep on the table moving forward. Look at some of the competition the Bison have faced in the FCS playoffs the past few years, San Diego?, Go thru the list of teams that made the field? If JMU should move up in the near future there aren't a lot of schools out there to compete for a title, other than MVFC teams. I mean really Sam Houston is a perennial power, Did you watch that game?

I think I'm in the same boat. I wasn't for a FBS move at first but now we are in the championship game 6 of 7 years and there are really only 1 or 2 teams that can challenge us. I do think the only way it's fiscally possible is to have the MVFC move up to FBS with us, I just don't think that's viable for most of the institutions.

tjbison
12-20-2017, 03:28 PM
I think I'm in the same boat. I wasn't for a FBS move at first but now we are in the championship game 6 of 7 years and there are really only 1 or 2 teams that can challenge us. I do think the only way it's fiscally possible is to have the MVFC move up to FBS with us, I just don't think that's viable for most of the institutions.

and the fact they CAN'T, NCAA has a mandate that conferences cannot move up as a whole. I'm sure it could be asked for a waiver but ISU-B, WIU, SIU for sure couldn't do it, hell SDSU and USD probably cant

KNOW IT ALL
12-20-2017, 03:40 PM
We also beat a NON Scholarship team in the SECOND round of the playoffs. The fact is, there is some really poor competition in the FCS, I know the team I see on Gate City Field on Saturdays is capable of better and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Im not saying FCS isn't a good fit, but, im not naïve enough to think were not FBS capable as a program, community, region. Larimie Wyoming??? Really?

tjbison
12-20-2017, 03:48 PM
We also beat a NON Scholarship team in the SECOND round of the playoffs. The fact is, there is some really poor competition in the FCS, I know the team I see on Gate City Field on Saturdays is capable of better and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Im not saying FCS isn't a good fit, but, im not naïve enough to think were not FBS capable as a program, community, region. Larimie Wyoming??? Really?

Wyoming gets every dollar the state has for Higher ed, its THE only university in the state, ND has 11 yes 11 freaking institutions. Without State backed money Wyoming is NOT in the FBS hell many schools are not in the FBS spending that money

NDSU like it or not is going to be at the second level for a Long long time, now what in the future will the second level consist of? Who knows but I predict the P5 if they make the playoff larger will not include the G5 and they will start to crumble as their over inflated TV contracts diminish with ESPN hemorrhaging they wont pay that for football that people care about the same as FCS. Out side the FBS top 25 games people do not get pumped to watch Wyoming and New Mexico play at 11pm Eastern time.

its a tough spot for NDSU to be, just take a look east GSU, APPy, and people forget Old Dominion was on track to be a kick ass FCS school and they haven't really don't anything in FBS, Coastal Carolina?? they wont be anything al this is my opinion

Professor Chaos
12-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Wyoming is a tiny state in terms of population just like ND but they also don't have like 27 other four year public universities slurping up higher ed funding and anchoring the flagship.

tjbison
12-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Wyoming is a tiny state in terms of population just like ND but they also don't have like 27 other four year public universities slurping up higher ed funding and anchoring the flagship.

Yep,

State of Wyoming 585,501 - 1 University
State of ND - 757,952 - 11 Universities
State of SD - 865,454 - 6 Universities
State of MT - 1.03 Mil - 16 universities
State of MN - 5.55 Mil - 37 State Institutions

ND is just nuts with higher ed

Christopher Moen
12-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Yep,

State of SD - 865,454 - 6 Universities
State of MT - 1.03 Mil - 16 universities
State of MN - 5.55 Mil - 37 State Institutions

ND is just nuts with higher ed

Don't forget with MN, that there is just one DI school and is a highly taxed state (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehhij/no-43-minnesota/#4a6ee60b6ff9), and therefore, has a lot more higher education funds.

North Dakota, on the other hand, is a lot more tax-friendly (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehhij/no-18-north-dakota/#5d51bc494115) with a low population. It amazingly ridiculous to have that many higher education institutions.

tjbison
12-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Don't forget with MN, that there is just one DI school and is a highly taxed state (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehhij/no-43-minnesota/#4a6ee60b6ff9), and therefore, has a lot more higher education funds.

North Dakota, on the other hand, is a lot more tax-friendly (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehhij/no-18-north-dakota/#5d51bc494115) with a low population. It amazingly ridiculous to have that many higher education institutions.

correct, I was just showing overall Higher Ed for DI it would be:

1 - WY
2 - ND
2 - SD
2 - MT
1 - MN

KNOW IT ALL
12-20-2017, 04:30 PM
I would agree with the earlier take in regard to a big change coming in the college Football landscape. Over saturation of sports on tv as a whole is starting to swing the pendulum the other way. ESPN and its financial woes is a great barometer. Oddly enough, the P5 football schools will run off with a Tier one system, leaving all other D1 Schools to fend for themselves. At that time we will probably see another D1AA for all other schools, none P5. "The wheel on the bus goes round and round, round and round". Leaving us with P5 and D1AA, no FCS.

KC Bison
12-20-2017, 06:25 PM
But, but, but, you're forgetting all those DI hockey schools in Minnesota. After all, I've been told by a number of people that hackey is as important as football.

23Bison
12-20-2017, 06:37 PM
So we’re not going fbs?

runtheoption
12-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Yep,

That's pretty misleading.

If you are going to count Bismarck State College, NDSCS, Williston State, Dakota College at Bottineau, and Lake Region State College as part of North Dakota's "11 universities," then you should also count the 7 community colleges in Wyoming, and change their number to "8 Universities."

Either way, there is too much constitutionally mandated higher ED in North Dakota.

BisonTeacher
12-20-2017, 07:44 PM
CFP money pays $5 million to each school.

= Hush money. ie....you'll never sniff a championship...but heres some money to keep quiet about it.

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2017, 07:54 PM
I did some research:

Lets do this already

You know FBS teams have much more diligent compliance departments.

MankatoBison
12-21-2017, 03:34 PM
You know FBS teams have much more diligent compliance departments.

hahaha nice

bruinbison
12-21-2017, 04:05 PM
I did some research:

Lets do this already

Could you please provide some links to recent articles that show any Mountain West Conference interest in expanding with NDSU.
Am genuinely interested in seeing these and you must be be aware of them from your research.

UND-92
12-21-2017, 05:53 PM
I did some research:

Lets do this already

Is the $1.5M from March Madness guaranteed or is that just for the team(s) that make it? What do UND/NDSU get from March Madness if the play or don't play?

UND-92
12-21-2017, 06:12 PM
After looking at the Mountain West Website. Once again Geography seems to be the biggest sticking point. I see no way the teams in the MW conference will want to travel to Fargo ND. the MVFC is really the best spot for any of the Dakota schools, Geographically speaking, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

Christopher Moen
12-21-2017, 06:18 PM
After looking at the Mountain West Website. Once again Geography seems to be the biggest sticking point. I see no way the teams in the MW conference will want to travel to Fargo ND. the MVFC is really the best spot for any of the Dakota schools, Geographically speaking, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

In my conversation with them last year about the upcoming Iowa game during a luncheon, they showed absolutely no interest in adding NDSU. They viewed us as a cute school though, which is probably more than how they viewed the other Dakota schools.

UND-92
12-21-2017, 07:00 PM
In 2017 MWC had I team in March Madness, Nevada, play 1 game. So the Conference receives $1.71MM paid to the conference (over a 6 year period). Not sure how the conference splits that up. So the $1.5 MM quoted above is false.

HerdThat!
12-21-2017, 07:36 PM

A few years IIRC Hawaii was going to or strongly considering dropping their athletics programs- is that something they are still considering??

Herd
12-21-2017, 09:18 PM
I hear a lot of people (FBS fan bases) say that NDSU has no interest in moving up. I disagree with that statement in general. The official word from NDSU is “we are happy where we are.” Well dah, what are they supposed to say. That’s the only words you’ll hear officially until there’s a formal agreement in place. I trust NDSU is watching their situation closely.

westnodak93bison
12-22-2017, 12:24 AM
How is Hawaii in the Mountain West if they are concerned about geography? Who is their basketball travel partner? San Diego State or Guam Community College?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

marenlee
12-22-2017, 12:34 AM
How is Hawaii in the Mountain West if they are concerned about geography? Who is their basketball travel partner? San Diego State or Guam Community College?

Hawaii is in the MW for football only. They are in the Big West for all others. Which still doesn’t change a thing since there are no other major athletics besides UH here. UH does have a healthy local following and I have not heard any rumblings about dropping athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjbison
12-22-2017, 12:47 AM

LOL, I was talking this over with a friend of mine in Nevada, he said NDSU would be a good add but its to far away so I brought up Hawaii, and he said.."shit everyone forgets about them hell your right"

El_Chapo
12-22-2017, 05:06 AM
travel? yea it's called planes. Fargo to Denver. Fargo to Vegas not that complicated folks!!

my numbers came from mountain west website, Google probably has it to.

NDSU needs to go AFTER the mountain west... solicit them! instead of this passive business. no one gets anywhere in life being passive. Fargo is a big city now, time to grow up and stretch these legs. get a new teammakers executive and get the ball rolling. heck at Frisco there should be people from teammakers walking around with empty barrels and filling them with cash from the tailgating

KNOW IT ALL
12-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Im not sure Hawaii is a great example, Ive always wondered why Hawaii doesn't play all its games at home. What a great destination for schools to travel (non-conference). NDSU should look into that one. Play early in the year with a cup cake at home on the backside. Not a bad recruiting tool either. :)

imabison
12-22-2017, 02:30 PM
Im not sure Hawaii is a great example, Ive always wondered why Hawaii doesn't play all its games at home. What a great destination for schools to travel (non-conference). NDSU should look into that one. Play early in the year with a cup cake at home on the backside. Not a bad recruiting tool either. :)

I once heard about 5 years ago that teams going to Hawaii typically lose their next game in more than something like 90% of the cases. At that time people felt it would be a curse for NDSU to go to Hawaii depending on the end of season record.

thunderingherd
12-22-2017, 02:40 PM
I assume the Mountain West views adding NDSU about the same as the MVC looking at adding northwest Missouri state. both powerhouses in their division of football.

devin45k
12-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Mountain West would probably want NDSU over Hawaii in the long run. There is no way it will happen with the stadium we have right now.

Gary Hansen
12-22-2017, 02:55 PM
I think UNI played Hawaii a couple years ago. I remember them talking about the travel week. Sounded brutal. I have also heard that Hawaii at times will travel to the continental US for a game and stay the week for another away game. Then they would travel back to Hawaii. Not sure how true that is. Sounds like a nightmare.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Mountain West would probably want NDSU over Hawaii in the long run. There is no way it will happen with the stadium we have right now.

And it won't happen when the time comes when we have trouble filling even 3/4 of the stadium, if that. This championship run isn't going to last forever, and I remember going to games as a kid in the early 2000's. Lots of empty seats. What would be the point in building a 40k capacity stadium and then when we have a 3-8 year or whatever, we can barely fill 20k in the stadium? I'm more then fine at where were at now instead of playing for some worthless bowl game.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-22-2017, 03:04 PM

And it won't happen when the time comes when we have trouble filling even 3/4 of the stadium, if that. This championship run isn't going to last forever, and I remember going to games as a kid in the early 2000's. Lots of empty seats. What would be the point in building a 40k capacity stadium and then when we have a 3-8 year or whatever, we can barely fill 20k in the stadium? I'm more then fine at where were at now instead of playing for some worthless bowl game.

bisonaudit
12-22-2017, 03:51 PM
I think UNI played Hawaii a couple years ago. I remember them talking about the travel week. Sounded brutal. I have also heard that Hawaii at times will travel to the continental US for a game and stay the week for another away game. Then they would travel back to Hawaii. Not sure how true that is. Sounds like a nightmare.

Seems like staying on the mainland would be the smart approach. Eagles stayed on West coast when they had consecutive Pacific time zone games a few weeks ago. I recall the 49ers doing so for eastern time zone games in the past as well.

BraxtonT
12-22-2017, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=#1BISONFAN ASHLEY;1254483]And it won't happen when the time comes when we have trouble filling even 3/4 of the stadium, if that. This championship run isn't going to last forever, and I remember going to games as a kid in the early 2000's. Lots of empty seats. What would be the point in building a 40k capacity stadium and then when we have a 3-8 year or whatever, we can barely fill 20k in the stadium? I'm more then fine at where were at now instead of playing for some worthless bowl game. QUOTE]

Other than a disastrous coaching hire when Klieman leaves, IMO, there is nothing to support this doomsday prediction. The FCS is a collection of schools that are generally more interested in the sport of basketball. NDSU is a football first school that offers FCOA as a major incentive. There are very few schools in the FCS that emphasize football the way NDSU does. With Ga. Southern, Appalachian State, Old Dominion, etc... leaving, the only saving grace in staying in this division is the MVFC provides great, competitive games.

MankatoBison
12-22-2017, 06:21 PM

Other than a disastrous coaching hire when Klieman leaves, IMO, there is nothing to support this doomsday prediction. The FCS is a collection of schools that are generally more interested in the sport of basketball. NDSU is a football first school that offers FCOA as a major incentive. There are very few schools in the FCS that emphasize football the way NDSU does. With Ga. Southern, Appalachian State, Old Dominion, etc... leaving, the only saving grace in staying in this division is the MVFC provides great, competitive games.[/QUOTE]

We don't "have trouble filling 3/4 of the stadium which would equal only 14,025 people. That is not the issue. we FLIP OUT when we only fill 91% of the stadium like we did for Wofford with 17,000 people (and that is exclusively on the students not general fans). I don't know what the overall demand is for tix, but when your entire regular season sells out in 7 minutes for nearly a decade in a row- you officially have more demand then supply so your point on "barely filling 3/4 of the stadium" is a gross exaggeration. I don't think 40k would be appropriate but we could more than likely use 25-30 fairly well

I would be SHOCKED if we were to become irrelevant in the FM area. We have such an advantage amongst our peers at our level that we will be top1-5 teams for a good, good chunk of time. People need to stop pretending that we're on the brink of irrelevancy in the FCS.

Not saying we should jump to FBS but to say that we just don't have the demand for more tickets/seats, and feign that our fan base has "recency bias" as far as their passion is concerned.

VirginiaBison
12-23-2017, 01:04 AM
NDSU could have been in the Idaho Harvest Potato Bowl on the blue field playing Coach Bohl and the Cowboys today....., but's stuck playing for another National Championship in Frisco instead. No 1,800 mile drive to TX. And season over today. More time for recruiting. :hide:

Wonder how tailgating is at the Harvest Potato Bowl. Traditions!

Honeybooboo
12-23-2017, 03:00 AM
NDSU could have been in the Idaho Harvest Potato Bowl on the blue field playing Coach Bohl and the Cowboys today....., but's stuck playing for another National Championship in Frisco instead. No 1,800 mile drive to TX. And season over today. More time for recruiting. :hide:

Wonder how tailgating is at the Harvest Potato Bowl. Traditions!

you see the crowd? I bet there were all of 6K there, so all of Western Wyoming made it

natstar1
12-23-2017, 05:21 AM
We don't "have trouble filling 3/4 of the stadium which would equal only 14,025 people. That is not the issue. we FLIP OUT when we only fill 91% of the stadium like we did for Wofford with 17,000 people (and that is exclusively on the students not general fans). I don't know what the overall demand is for tix, but when your entire regular season sells out in 7 minutes for nearly a decade in a row- you officially have more demand then supply so your point on "barely filling 3/4 of the stadium" is a gross exaggeration. I don't think 40k would be appropriate but we could more than likely use 25-30 fairly well

I'm curious to see how many fans would show up if we're in the MW with a 6-2, 5-3 record with no chance of a conference championship and the game is a Thursday night game or late Saturday night game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think part of the allure now is every game matters. A win or a loss will affect your playoff positioning.

Bison"FANatic"
12-23-2017, 10:44 AM
Well we didn't even sell out a win or go home playoff game this year. And I thought the demand was yyyyyyyuuuuuuugggggeeeee!!!!!!!

Twentysix
12-26-2017, 05:05 AM
I'm curious to see how many fans would show up if we're in the MW with a 6-2, 5-3 record with no chance of a conference championship and the game is a Thursday night game or late Saturday night game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think part of the allure now is every game matters. A win or a loss will affect your playoff positioning.

Probably a lot.

CaBisonFan
12-26-2017, 05:30 AM
Well we didn't even sell out a win or go home playoff game this year. And I thought the demand was yyyyyyyuuuuuuugggggeeeee!!!!!!!I wonder if some fans just decided to stay home because getting tickets can be difficult...and I suppose, expensive. Especially during the holiday season. In other words..."why even try to get tickets...it's on espn...let's stay home and enjoy good seats."

GSUsTALON
12-26-2017, 05:36 AM

MWC Media Poll:

Mountain:
Boise St
Utah St
CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico
Air Force

You'd start at 3rd but end up 2nd or 1st! IMO

56BISON73
12-26-2017, 05:44 AM

How many would travel for the away games? After the first two years the novelty is going to wear off.

GSUsTALON
12-26-2017, 06:08 AM
How many would travel for the away games? After the first two years the novelty is going to wear off.

How many NDSU fans travel now?

GSUsTALON
12-26-2017, 06:12 AM

IF NDSU were 6-2 or 5-3 in FCS would it affect your home attendance?

56BISON73
12-26-2017, 06:18 AM

Depend on where its at. Ive been to games where there is 2-3k. Others may be 500. A lot more mile in the MWC and the WAC. Our fans will show up in numbers to an away game on the coast once a year. But 4-5? If its with in 2-3 hours we will show up in force if there are tickets to be had.

56BISON73
12-26-2017, 06:19 AM
IF NDSU were 6-2 or 5-3 in FCS would it affect your home attendance?

Not much.........

Christopher Moen
12-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Depend on where its at. Ive been to games where there is 2-3k. Others may be 500. A lot more mile in the MWC and the WAC. Our fans will show up in numbers to an away game on the coast once a year. But 4-5? If its with in 2-3 hours we will show up in force if there are tickets to be had.

Personally for me, getting to the away games would be much easier with USAFA, CSU, Wyoming and New Mexico being fairly short drives. With that said, I'm not sure the MW office would be too happy allowing a FCS school in their conference and having them dominate fairly quick. It would prove that they are not at the same level as the elite P5 schools as they want to believe.

scottietohottie
12-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Well we could get rid of Lee Timmerman pretty easy with every away game starting after his bedtime.

StL Bison Fan
12-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Sometimes more of us than home team fans.
Illinois state for sure. Indiana state also.
Outside the stadium at siu more of them. Inside, more of us.

Honeybooboo
12-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Personally for me, getting to the away games would be much easier with USAFA, CSU, Wyoming and New Mexico being fairly short drives. With that said, I'm not sure the MW office would be too happy allowing a FCS school in their conference and having them dominate fairly quick. It would prove that they are not at the same level as the elite P5 schools as they want to believe.

MWC has a pretty inflated picture of themselves that's for sure

westnodak93bison
12-26-2017, 06:45 PM
MWC has a pretty inflated picture of themselves that's for sureThe are FBS

Christopher Moen
12-26-2017, 07:01 PM
The are FBS

True, but in reality most of their teams are not much better than the teams in the MVFC.

Their budgets, however, are much better.

El_Chapo
12-26-2017, 07:23 PM

kind of like sdsu? there was only 1200 bison fans therr this year . NDSU vs a Power 5 team in a bowl game would be amazing

bruinbison
12-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
I did some research:

Lets do this already

Could you please provide some links to recent articles that show any Mountain West Conference interest in expanding with NDSU.
Am genuinely interested in seeing these and you must be be aware of them from your research.

Bump......

CaBisonFan
12-26-2017, 08:23 PM
The only two footprints that make any sense for travel are the Big 10 West and the Big 12. This is for both the teams and the fans. Not holding my breath.

BlueBisonRock
12-26-2017, 10:55 PM
The only two footprints that make any sense for travel are the Big 10 West and the Big 12. This is for both the teams and the fans. Not holding my breath.

This ^^^^^!

Christopher Moen
12-26-2017, 11:02 PM

https://i.imgur.com/bW8Jfxe.gif

Twentysix
12-28-2017, 02:38 PM
In 2017 MWC had I team in March Madness, Nevada, play 1 game. So the Conference receives $1.71MM paid to the conference (over a 6 year period). Not sure how the conference splits that up. So the $1.5 MM quoted above is false.They have one team play at least 1 game every year, some years they have 2 teams, some years they win some games. All of this equals more cash. They take in a lot more than the summit for CBB. However, they don't take in enough money from this to make the kind of difference ndsu would need. Also it's super shitty to spend mbb money on football imo.

Also you should assume all of the numbers are made up unless he posts articles.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KNOW IT ALL
12-28-2017, 08:04 PM

Agreed, NDSU football could fit in at the Big 10 west level of play and recruit, develop and compete. Any other sport??? BBall is a different athlete, The Gophers may have some talent this year but over the past 20 years they struggle to attract good BBall recruits. Can you imagine NDSU trying to bring Big 10 BBall talent to Fargo? Will Not Happen!!! IF NDSU had D1 Hockey it might be a fit, again, Will Not Happen!!! . Football without any other competitive sport "Will Not Happen". Big 10 network money isn't coming to a one sport U.

Twentysix
12-29-2017, 11:17 PM
Agreed, NDSU football could fit in at the Big 10 west level of play and recruit, develop and compete. Any other sport??? BBall is a different athlete, The Gophers may have some talent this year but over the past 20 years they struggle to attract good BBall recruits. Can you imagine NDSU trying to bring Big 10 BBall talent to Fargo? Will Not Happen!!! IF NDSU had D1 Hockey it might be a fit, again, Will Not Happen!!! . Football without any other competitive sport "Will Not Happen". Big 10 network money isn't coming to a one sport U.Sadly the sports are irrelevant. Academics are the first impassable bar for the B1G. Market is second. Quality of non football sports doesn't even matter because of the other things that make it impossible.

devin45k
12-30-2017, 02:37 AM
Nothing will happen with the stadium we have. I don't see that situation changing anytime in the near future

Twentysix
12-30-2017, 04:23 AM
The only real route to big time fb for NDSU is MWC to Big XII. And that's going to take decades and progress and money and luck.

The B1G will never happen because of academics. We could win every single mbb wbb softball and football NC for 10 years straight and have a 50,000 seat indoor football stadium that we sell out every game and the B1G will still be completely uninterested. They are the public ivy league and we aren't worthy. That's the reality no matter how much it sucks to hear. The big XII on the other hand has much more lax academics.

Also, NDSUs academic profile has sadly gone backwards slightly in the last year, after gaining tons of ground over the last 15 years.

BamaBison1
12-30-2017, 06:30 AM
I think a good goal would be giving ourselves the ability to make the decision rather than having it made for us due to inadequate facilities or funding. DII went downhill pretty quickly around the time when we left, and getting caught up in a similar situation would not be a good thing. A giant new stadium probably doesn't make sense right now, but there are some Fargodome expansion options that would get us close to Montana's seating and keep us moving forward.

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-30-2017, 01:11 PM
^ Both posts (26 and Bama) are spot on. Sit tight, keep growing the ‘Bizon’ brand, and try to expand the Fargo Dome a bit. That’s all we can do. If CSU is unworthy of the Big XII right now, NDSU has a ways to go to even get a whiff. Keep making the most of what we have. And after watching some of these lesser bowl games, I don’t want anything to do with the MAC. MACtion is gross …

Also have to try to stop the bleeding academically. NDSU lost several good faculty these past few years to other schools. It appears nobody had a plan for when oil tanked and earmarks disappeared, and the limiting-by-design structure of ND Higher Ed is becoming painfully obvious. Visionary leadership on this front – especially research – is AWOL at NDSU right now, and that’s a big part of the equation.

2011BisonAlumni
12-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Nothing will happen with the stadium we have. I don't see that situation changing anytime in the near future

I think the original Dome plans had like 30k seats. Man that would have been sweet.

RonMexico
12-30-2017, 07:01 PM
you see the crowd? I bet there were all of 6K there, so all of Western Wyoming made it

6,000 people...Wow...bet that was an incredible environment....much better than 17,000 and a natty on the line. I mean they were playing for the Idaho Potato Harvest Bowl championship in front of 6,000 people. That's something to tell the grand-kids about.

RonMexico
12-30-2017, 07:03 PM
The are FBS

And their teams have about as good a chance of playing in the FBS title game as NDSU currently does.

westnodak93bison
12-30-2017, 07:21 PM
And their teams have about as good a chance of playing in the FBS title game as NDSU currently does.But they are fbs

Bisonator98
01-02-2018, 02:08 PM
UCF goes 13-0 and wins the Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl, beating a team that beat both Georgia and Alabama and gets to put this in their trophy case: http://www.ajc.com/rf/image_large/Pub/p7/AJC/2016/12/21/Images/pbowl.jpg

Meanwhile 2 teams from the SEC with those losses to Auburn get to play for the Championship again. The CFP is a sham.

CalBison97
01-02-2018, 04:27 PM
UCF goes 13-0 and wins the Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl, beating a team that beat both Georgia and Alabama and gets to put this in their trophy case: http://www.ajc.com/rf/image_large/Pub/p7/AJC/2016/12/21/Images/pbowl.jpg

Meanwhile 2 teams from the SEC with those losses to Auburn get to play for the Championship again. The CFP is a sham.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180102/c8a72b7413e29617c5c4ff3709841aa4.jpg

IndyBison
01-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Talked to a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and is involved with game operations. He was around the teams all week and at the game. He said UCF was all in for the game while Auburn was going through the motions. They were less than enthused about returning to the site where they lost the conference championship a couple weeks earlier. The UCF section was full and the Auburn section had several open sections of seats. The school/conference bought up several seats so it would remain a sellout. Even with that, Auburn was close to tying the game at the end. He's a very knowledgeable football coach and he guessed UCF would maybe be in the middle of the SEC at best. In his opinion they had no business being in the playoff.

This doesn't say a lot about the current bowl system either. That was a NYE6 bowl and a top SEC team wasn't overly excited playing in it. The more players who bow out of playing in major bowl games also lessens their value. I only heard of a couple this year, but I'm sure there were more.

ZHerd
01-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Talked to a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and is involved with game operations. He was around the teams all week and at the game. He said UCF was all in for the game while Auburn was going through the motions. They were less than enthused about returning to the site where they lost the conference championship a couple weeks earlier. The UCF section was full and the Auburn section had several open sections of seats. The school/conference bought up several seats so it would remain a sellout. Even with that, Auburn was close to tying the game at the end. He's a very knowledgeable football coach and he guessed UCF would maybe be in the middle of the SEC at best. In his opinion they had no business being in the playoff.

This doesn't say a lot about the current bowl system either. That was a NYE6 bowl and a top SEC team wasn't overly excited playing in it. The more players who bow out of playing in major bowl games also lessens their value. I only heard of a couple this year, but I'm sure there were more.

That kind of conjecture, accurate or not, is, or at least should be completely worthless. Even an 8 team playoff would make a huge difference. These things need to be proven in playoffs, not by conjecture and/or computers

El_Chapo
09-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Mountain West is BACK!!
Mountain West “aggressively exploring” options to play 8-game fall season, culminating w/Dec. 19 MW title game, sources told

@Stadium

. This would allow league to be eligible for NY6 bowls. Not all schools might play w/Hawaii, Fresno & Air Force biggest unknowns for full season

El_Chapo
09-17-2020, 02:31 PM
Could MWC replace NDSU for 1 year waiver to fill in for (hawaii, fresno or air force?)

kab1one
09-17-2020, 02:46 PM
Could MWC replace NDSU for 1 year waiver to fill in for (hawaii, fresno or air force?)

I will give you credit.

You aren't a quitter.

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2020, 06:01 PM

I'll tell you what, that is a solid idea. If there is a year the NCAA would grant a crazy waiver like this, this is the year.

CalBison97
09-17-2020, 06:21 PM
This assumes NDSU wants to play. We seem to be content with a single game.

gumby013
09-17-2020, 06:24 PM
Get your foot in the door.

SomeBeach
09-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Mountain West is BACK!!
Mountain West “aggressively exploring” options to play 8-game fall season, culminating w/Dec. 19 MW title game, sources told

@Stadium

. This would allow league to be eligible for NY6 bowls. Not all schools might play w/Hawaii, Fresno & Air Force biggest unknowns for full season

Of course, that would be wonderful for NDSU. But we can't just call the NCAA and demand accommodation.

Why would the MWC and its members want to do this? So a team they see as inferior (FCS) could come in and potentially slap around the majority of its teams, and possibly take a bowl bid from them? Not gonna happen.

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2020, 06:30 PM
Of course, that would be wonderful for NDSU. But we can't just call the NCAA and demand accommodation.

Why would the MWC and its members want to do this? So a team they see as inferior (FCS) could come in and potentially slap around the majority of its teams, and possibly take a bowl bid from them? Not gonna happen.

They have trouble filling conference schedules.....that is the best aruegment. Your points are strong, however.

TAILG8R
09-17-2020, 07:29 PM
Plus like I said last time old chapo brought up a similar idea, what happens to the relationship between ndsu and the mvfc or fcs for that matter. What happens next year when the FBS doesn't want us or we don't want to move up and we've burned all the bridges?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison bison
09-17-2020, 08:42 PM
A game in front of 30 people in logan utah? Where do we sign up?

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2020, 10:56 PM
Plus like I said last time old chapo brought up a similar idea, what happens to the relationship between ndsu and the mvfc or fcs for that matter. What happens next year when the FBS doesn't want us or we don't want to move up and we've burned all the bridges?

Torch away. FCS are pud losers.

NDSUstudent
09-17-2020, 11:13 PM

If we did that our FCS days would be over but this idea is about as far fetched as the fantasies from Siouxvolley on SS.com.

TAILG8R
09-18-2020, 03:00 AM
If we did that our FCS days would be over but this idea is about as far fetched as the fantasies from Siouxvolley on SS.com.

Totally agree just trying to bring some sane discussion to an idea that's as looney as bugs and daffy.

marenlee
09-18-2020, 03:24 AM
I started playing NCAA Football 14 on the Xbox 360 again recently. I replaced San Jose State with NDSU. A guy can dream?

Rock
09-18-2020, 03:43 AM

NDSU is the MVFC/FCS- not sure how or why they would not see this as a benefit to improve their image. Be like the FCS being upset NDSU scheduled Oregon.

Beyond that- at what point does NDSU act somewhat upset that the MVFC isn't playing when the Big Ten is?... Yeah yeah, spring schedule (minus a decent number of our seniors). NDSU just flames back that they did it for them. Good for NDSU recruiting as well- that they care about football, not being pushed around, and care about their players.

El_Chapo
09-18-2020, 04:01 AM
I started playing NCAA Football 14 on the Xbox 360 again recently. I replaced San Jose State with NDSU. A guy can dream?

funny on the MWC board, that's been mentioned a few times. Just replace SJSU w NDSU asap.

sorry, this isn't a far fetched idea, NDSU has Cred right now and a marketing gorilla in Trey Lance/Dillon Randunz that could be utilized to HELP created revenue for this university that is hemorrhaging revenue now

123Gobison
09-18-2020, 05:24 AM
Only when people have ambition in life anything of significance can be achieved. Currently we have an administration that is very bad. They are just riding on the coat tails of a very successful Football program. Student enrollment is down (http://ndsuspectrum.com/enrollment-rates-fall-first-year-student-rates-rise/). No FBS games on schedule. No interest in moving to D1 level where exposure and opportunities are bigger and better. Currently the only thing we have is a very successful Football program, largely due to a bunch of highly motivated and outstanding 18-20 year olds and Football coaches. The top management is just lazy , overfed and very uninspiring.

SlickVic
09-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Only when people have ambition in life anything of significance can be achieved. Currently we have an administration that is very bad. They are just riding on the coat tails of a very successful Football program. Student enrollment is down (http://ndsuspectrum.com/enrollment-rates-fall-first-year-student-rates-rise/). No FBS games on schedule. No interest in moving to D1 level where exposure and opportunities are bigger and better. Currently the only thing we have is a very successful Football program, largely due to a bunch of highly motivated and outstanding 18-20 year olds and Football coaches. The top management is just lazy , overfed and very uninspiring.

get the waiver-----------------NOW!!!!!

El_Chapo
09-18-2020, 01:26 PM

Reality slapping the face.

elevating NDSU by using the football program as a springboard was what elevated NDSU in the 1st place paging Joe Chapman/Gene Taylor

Snowgoose
09-18-2020, 01:49 PM
I agree we needed to try harder to play some FBS games. We needed to play at least 3 games this fall. It would have been unbelievable to play an independent type schedule this year. I have not been onboard to jumping unless it makes total logical sense, but we clearly are not an FCS program. Although, I lived thru the 90's as a fan and we went backwards thanks to D2 taking away scholarships and FCS is headed clearly in that direction right now.

El_Chapo
09-18-2020, 03:18 PM
I agree we needed to try harder to play some FBS games. We needed to play at least 3 games this fall. It would have been unbelievable to play an independent type schedule this year. I have not been onboard to jumping unless it makes total logical sense, but we clearly are not an FCS program. Although, I lived thru the 90's as a fan and we went backwards thanks to D2 taking away scholarships and FCS is headed clearly in that direction right now.

this is what i'm fearing as well, with covid as an excuse, alot of fcs programs will be hurting (they already were and are!) so what a perfect time to decrease scholarships grrr

HerdBot
09-18-2020, 08:05 PM

Yep I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon of moving up. We are clearly not an FCS program anymore. FCS teams don't beat Iowa or K State.

Kevin
09-18-2020, 09:06 PM
Let's crowd source a budget and pay these FBS pansies to play us in their house. Think about the press from that? FCS school pays FBS school for road game. Beats them by double digits. This is once in a century like opportunity.

National brand over night.

El_Chapo
09-19-2020, 12:54 PM
Let's crowd source a budget and pay these FBS pansies to play us in their house. Think about the press from that? FCS school pays FBS school for road game. Beats them by double digits. This is once in a century like opportunity.

National brand over night.

exactly. take a risk, think outside the box.

Whore yourself out

Honeybooboo
09-19-2020, 03:20 PM
exactly. take a risk, think outside the box.

Whore yourself out

What's the benefit?

CalBison97
09-19-2020, 11:45 PM
What's the benefit?

Watching Trey Lance play in a bison uniform more than one final time.

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2020, 11:52 PM
What's the benefit?

Actually playing games. If teams can't afford to play now due to testing, it will be the same in the Spring. We are like the kids following the pied piper forgetting we are nothing like most of those other pud loser schools.

bisonaudit
09-20-2020, 12:17 AM
Actually playing games. If teams can't afford to play now due to testing, it will be the same in the Spring. We are like the kids following the pied piper forgetting we are nothing like most of those other pud loser schools.

Maybe we’ll get our shit together and cheap, fast antigen tests will actually be broadly available in 5 months.

NDSU92
09-20-2020, 01:31 AM
Maybe we’ll get our shit together and cheap, fast antigen tests will actually be broadly available in 5 months.

Or vaccines, or better information on how fragile non-bubble leagues are

Bisonwinagn
09-20-2020, 06:08 AM

Or just forget about testing and move on with life. I don't recall everyone being tested for the flu. It's a complete waste of time and money.

bisonaudit
09-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Or vaccines, or better information on how fragile non-bubble leagues are

Or all of that. There isn't one single magic bullet that is going to do the trick.

bisonaudit
09-20-2020, 08:32 AM
Or just forget about testing and move on with life. I don't recall everyone being tested for the flu. It's a complete waste of time and money.

COVID isn't the flu. It's more deadly in the short run and we know next to nothing about long-term risks.

El_Chapo
09-20-2020, 12:31 PM
NDSU has the program in place to make a jump now. in 5 years we might look back and wish we jumped. just like I wish we jumped in 2013.

THEsocalledfan
09-20-2020, 01:00 PM

Already are. And these pud losers still aren't playing.

Honeybooboo
09-20-2020, 08:37 PM
Watching Trey Lance play in a bison uniform more than one final time.

I thought he was thinking NDSU playing them would help secure an FBS spot, which it wouldn't, I agree with you guys

El_Chapo
09-22-2020, 04:38 AM
Mountain west is BACK!!

Snowgoose
09-22-2020, 02:43 PM
Mountain west is BACK!!

Everyone is coming back. Even MN high school football is back. Everybody but us. This is a virus to take seriously as I have a close friend in the ICU, but at the same time it has little to no effect on young people and our lives need to move forward. There was what I thought was a great interview with the LSU coach on 60 minutes and they are taking it seriously but at the same time lots of their players have had it and have had almost no symptoms. Time to play games and start life again.

southcliffbison
09-22-2020, 03:22 PM
Everyone is coming back. Even MN high school football is back. Everybody but us. This is a virus to take seriously as I have a close friend in the ICU, but at the same time it has little to no effect on young people and our lives need to move forward. There was what I thought was a great interview with the LSU coach on 60 minutes and they are taking it seriously but at the same time lots of their players have had it and have had almost no symptoms. Time to play games and start life again.

How dare you go against the conventional wisdom !!! How dare you !!!

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2020, 04:58 PM

I simply don't get it. If they are worried about being blamed for a super spreader event, simply play two road games if you can find them.

Kevin
09-22-2020, 05:08 PM
We will look back on this (in)decision to not play as a terrible decision.

Even worse by the fact that it could have been a defining moment for the program. A chance to grow a booming brand and position for the next step up.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Folks, keep sending polite emails to Mr. Larson. At some point, he'll put down the sniffing glue.

Kevin
09-22-2020, 05:19 PM
Folks, keep sending polite emails to Mr. Larson. At some point, he'll put down the sniffing glue.

No. Won't work.

Instead sign my petition to make Lakes AD.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2020, 05:27 PM
No. Won't work.

Instead sign my petition to make Lakes AD.

Hey, that was my idea!

Kevin
09-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Hey, that was my idea!

My entire business model is around stealing and improving* smarter people's ideas. So take it as a compliment.

*improving via cheaper/less reliable parts and offshore labor

southcliffbison
09-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Hey, that was my idea!

Yes, TSCF said that a month ago. C'mon guys !!

El_Chapo
09-23-2020, 03:43 AM
Man NDSU could of been a trendsetter

Twincitybizon
09-27-2020, 04:44 PM

I'm not an expert but I believe they approved a 5 $ test semi recently so costs may actually have come down

IndyBison
09-27-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm not an expert but I believe they approved a 5 $ test semi recently so costs may actually have come downI would be very leary the accuracy of cheap tests. This is very complex, scientific work being done by the companies developing them. There's a difference between a $5 test and a test that costs you $5 because someone else is underwriting the costs.

Fast
Quality
Cheap

You can get 2 of the 3 but never all 3

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Twincitybizon
09-27-2020, 06:27 PM
I would be very leary the accuracy of cheap tests. This is very complex, scientific work being done by the companies developing them. There's a difference between a $5 test and a test that costs you $5 because someone else is underwriting the costs.

Fast
Quality
Cheap

You can get 2 of the 3 but never all 3

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I get you're applying common sense here, but it sounds like you have as much expertise as any other layperson. Here is a link to the product including info on accuracy.

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-08-26-Abbotts-Fast-5-15-Minute-Easy-to-Use-COVID-19-Antigen-Test-Receives-FDA-Emergency-Use-Authorization-Mobile-App-Displays-Test-Results-to-Help-Our-Return-to-Daily-Life-Ramping-Production-to-50-Million-Tests-a-Month