PDA

View Full Version : Not only the recuiting of players

Kingpin
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I agree with the posts about how its going to be easier for NDSU to recruit players after their impressive showing against the Gophers. The other side of the coin is, Coach Bohl could recieve a lot of attention for his successful program and get offers to coach at the division 1A level. I have no idea if thats a goal of his, but if the money is big enough, it could be a tough decision.

Bison_Pride
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I think Bohl will only leave if it's to accept an offer from a BCS team of his liking, and so the question is does he have enough on his resume to convince people he's the guy? I think many teams are reluctant to hire a head coach from a lower division. Would NDSU accept a head coach from somewhere like Winona State? Everyone would ask, "but can he coach and recruit on this level?" We know that he can, and it's in our favor that he likes it here, and he likes winning.

WYOBISONMAN
10-22-2006, 04:51 PM
When you look at the money at a non-BSC school, such as the ones in the Mountain West, I think the pay differential is huge. *With incentives Joe Glenn at Wyoming exceeds $450,000 annually. *NDSU is nowhere near that mark. *And, even with salaries like that, WYO and Utah still loose coaches to BCS programs. *My guess is when Bohl moves it will be to a program on the level of WYO or Utah unless NDSU is in the position to dramatically increase comp.

Here is a link to an article on Joe Glenn's contract extension from this summer.....

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061306aaa.html

Bison_Pride
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I dunno, I kinda respectfully disagree WYO. What advantage would he have at schools like Utah or Wyoming, other than money? Bohl has stated numerous times that's it's not about money with him, if it was he would have taken the Stanford job. (It obviously ain't the weather) I think that after what happened to him at Nebraska he is determined to make sure he never gets put in a position where he has to take the blame for the shortcomings of others. At NDSU he has one of the best support teams behind him with Chapman, Taylor, and the others in the Bison family.