PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Football ready for #1 North Dakota State in FCS Playoffs

KyleK
12-11-2013, 08:47 PM
FYI

http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/story.aspx?id=982126

If you have 16 min of free time, worth the watch. Around the 9 min mark, it really gets good.

BisonFan02
12-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Seems that the HC for Coastal knows who our new HC will be. :). Serious note, I'm a fan of this guy....solid coach and team/program.

bison once
12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Seems to be a very confident bunch!

Loved the comment about MWill!

bisonboone11
12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Seems to be a very confident bunch!

Loved the comment about MWill!

I am also a fan of their coach. That comment about Marcus was funny.

SafeTeeJ
12-11-2013, 09:34 PM
what a character.

takin' six big jets take the seats out, running stretchin' and if big enough, throw the ball around.

Love how he handles the media.

Hail Coach Klieman!:biggrin:

Civil06
12-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I could listen to this guy all day.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
i like that guy

Tatanka
12-12-2013, 01:26 AM
need more of this guy and less of stig

heckler
12-12-2013, 01:32 AM
need more of this guy and less of stig

Stig for Bohl's recruiting coordinator!

RowdyRabbit
12-12-2013, 01:35 AM
This guy reminds me so much of Coach Kampe it's not even funny. What a character!

Good luck this saturday, Bison! Hoping for an NDSU EIU showdown.

bisonranch
12-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Very logical and straightforward guy. Easy to see why he's a successful businessman and coach. I sure coaching is a lot more fun.

stevdock
12-12-2013, 11:02 AM
"Montana was louder than South Carolina, but there's no one that thinks there's anything louder than this one, except maybe the superdome."

CC is in good shape for the future, and he will build a consistent winner.

btcharpied
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
"Montana was louder than South Carolina, but there's no one that thinks there's anything louder than this one, except maybe the superdome."

CC is in good shape for the future, and he will build a consistent winner.

Thanks :) We appreciate the kind words. You guys are infinitely better than the Montana jackwagons we dealt with last week. You guys are the cream of the crop and where all other FCS programs hope to get to. We think our guy, Moglia, can get us there.

TAILG8R
12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks :) We appreciate the kind words. You guys are infinitely better than the Montana jackwagons we dealt with last week. You guys are the cream of the crop and where all other FCS programs hope to get to. We think our guy, Moglia, can get us there.

Does your school have the support and backing to make this happen? The one thing that NDSU has that seems to be lacking at almost every FCS school is fan support and $$.

btcharpied
12-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Does your school have the support and backing to make this happen? The one thing that NDSU has that seems to be lacking at almost every FCS school is fan support and $$.

Yes and no. I believe our athletics budget is second in the conference to Liberty, but Liberty is quite different in that it is financed through 'religion' and they boast a 90,000 student online program. Completely different animal with them. (Honestly, Liberty should be embarrassed to no end for not winning every sport every season with the money they spend and how much more they have then everyone else).

We're still growing and gaining our independence (from a psychological standpoint). As a state school, our state government despises us because we're mostly northerners. Something like 65% of students originate from out-of-state and a portion of those convert to in-state tuition after a year (that's what I did). Out-of-state runs about $30,000 so we always have a big inflow of OOS tuition coming in. The state only funds 3% of our entire budget which is atrocious. My understanding is that the next closest in the state is 8% of their budget and that is a private school no less. So yeah, we're funded less than private schools by our state. So be it. Columbia (capitol) can kiss our teal colored asses.

So we're much more of a cash-based university than most, I think. We do remarkably well for our small endowment (~$17M v. yours being over $100M) and unlike most schools that lean heavily on OOS tuition, our university proved to be highly inelastic during the recession. So while other schools were pausing efforts or even downsizing, we were still bringing the usual cash in and during the recession (which had cheaper building costs), we started building like crazy.

Our fan base is still very small but that is because we're still primary working on first generation Chanticleers and are only just now experiencing second generation Chanticleers. We're so young that we're quite happy to be where we are but also believe that we've made enough of a name for ourselves that the trend line will continue upward. Our campus is gorgeous and while I know many will say this about their own schools, I'll put our campus layout and architecture up against any comparable school.

All in all, we're moving in the right direction.