PDA

View Full Version : Mason's best excuse to date!

drewaely
10-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I was listening to the geriatric show (also known as Sid's radio show) and Mason said (and he prefaced it the statement that he wouldn't have mentioned it if they lost) but he said that the throwback jerseys that the Gophers wore yesterday added a level of "distraction" that the team shouldn't have had to deal with....

I just about fell out of my chair when I heard that. What a loser. In my opinion that is a fireable offense!

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Im not so sure about that. Anything that takes them out of their routine is a distraction. There was some talk about this before the game. Several people the knew BISON football felt that might be the tipping point because the teams looked evenly matched.

The_Chip
10-22-2006, 03:42 PM
a caller mentioned that on Sunday Sermon and Dan B's head was about to explode. He wants Mason gone. It's all about alibis with Mason. ::)

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Mason has his problems to be sure, but Im just saying he is not the only one that thought the uniforms were a bad idea, or if you are a BISON fan, a good idea. After all it was a BISON fan that mentioned it to me BEFORE the game.

The_Chip
10-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah. I think the big deal is Mason slips a comment in there about the unis AFTER the game on his show. I don't think he was prompted either.

But for a team in it's "developmental" stages, I can see how that sort of thing could be a distraction.

drewaely
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
For a coach of a big time program, things like throwback uni's should NEVER be a distraction. Mason's job is to prepare the team for each game. If the team's psychi is that fragile then there are more serious problems with the program.

Any thoughts on bringing back a throwback uni sometime... That would be fun!

No_Skill
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
We'll have to play the Gophers a few more times before we can afford to put throwbacks into the buget.

The_Chip
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I completely agree, drew, it's not like they were asked to wear leather helmets. *THAT would have been a distraction.

go_bison
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree. When you are a head coach at a major college program, you have to deal with stuff like that. Even if it was a distraction, Glenn doesn't have to announce it to the public. Keep your mouth shut. Glenn Mason is an idiot and should be fired.

sambini
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Focus Mason my son.

scottheck
10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Why should they be a distraction? Player comes into the locker room to get dressed for the game and puts on the jersey hanging in his locker placed their by the equipment mgr. How is this a distraction to anyone? Doesn't take any more work, still has the same number he wore last week and will next week. This is preposterous and the lamest excuse yet. ::) ::)

kchats
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey remember those old Tampa Bay uniforms? If an NFL team can play in those things you should be able to play in what Minnesota did yesterday.

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Minnesota did play in them and they won! Thats what is so strange about the whole discussion. He didnt need an alibi. His team won. Sid had it right when he said nobody knew how good NDSU was. Thats why it was only a 1 point win for them.

Bisonfan1
10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree. *When you are a head coach at a major college program, you have to deal with stuff like that. *Even if it was a distraction, Glenn doesn't have to announce it to the public. *Keep your mouth shut. *Glenn Mason is an idiot and should be fired.

Wait until AFTER October 20th, 2007 before firing Mason ;)

IowaBison
10-23-2006, 02:56 AM
It's absolute horsesh%t, if you ask me.

Those uniforms should be a point of pride, something Glen apparently knows nothing about. Now the Bison program on the other hand..........................