PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Bohl for being a dbag

HerdBot
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Me along with others said some pretty stupid things on Saturday. I should have waited for facts to emerge and I shouldnt have believed them. Serious I actually thought he left the team with no notice, intentionally didn't tell the players, and left us with no coaches essentially screwing us over. I was wrong and after watching Bohl for a decade I should have know he has integrity.

Sorry to everyone especially Craig Bohl. Not that he cares what I think but I'm a d bag and I feel like a jerk

I may not call him the best of all time but he is near the top and my favorite.

If you said some d bag comments like me, feel free to join me! :)

Go Bison!

aces1180
12-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Me along with others said some pretty stupid things on Saturday. I should have waited for facts to emerge and I shouldnt have believed them. Serious I actually thought he left the team with no notice, intentionally didn't tell the players, and left us with no coaches essentially screwing us over. I was wrong and after watching Bohl for a decade I should have know he has integrity.

Sorry to everyone especially Craig Bohl. I'm a d bag and I feel like a jerk

I may not call him the best of all time but he is near the top and my favorite.

If you said some d bag comments like me, feel free to join me! :)

Go Bison!

No need to apologize... If we didn't freak out or care, that would be a lot worse. I'm glad I was wrong about things and am okay with the way it turned out.

HerdBot
12-09-2013, 11:16 PM
No need to apologize... I we didn't freak out or care, that would be a lot worse. I'm glad I was wrong about things and am okay with the way it turned out.

Yeah that's what sucks about social media. The board basically crashed and the comments added fuel to the fire. Too many read them. I'm going on a deleting spree. But I do care

reformedUNDfan
12-09-2013, 11:16 PM
plus repping gabe for probably the first and last time :hide:

MAKBison
12-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I think the both sides of the argument, CB, SU and everyone else gets a pass on this one. Well Except for WY...dicks :-)

Gully
12-09-2013, 11:37 PM
I think a lot of people are backtracking. I've learned the hard way to try not to email or speak when I'm emotional....but I fail regularly.

What's worse though is not admitting when you were wrong, quickly and emphatically. Another thing I've learned the hard way :)

I'm happy to say I was reserved in my reaction (other than the obvious dissappointment) to this and tried to let it play out before reacting.

BisonTeacher
12-09-2013, 11:46 PM
I think a lot of people are backtracking. I've learned the hard way to try not to email or speak when I'm emotional....but I fail regularly.

What's worse though is not admitting when you were wrong, quickly and emphatically. Another thing I've learned the hard way :)

I'm happy to say I was reserved in my reaction (other than the obvious dissappointment) to this and tried to let it play out before reacting.

Lol if by reserved you mean you couldnt get on bisonville i would agree with you :biggrin:

Gully
12-09-2013, 11:51 PM
I mean I wasn't critical of Bohl......I wanted to wait for it to play out. We discussed how it might have played out.....but yes, my phone went dead and I couldn't get on Bisonville!!!!!!!!

MAKBison
12-09-2013, 11:56 PM
There is no need to backtrack.....the information was that CB was living at 9am taking some assistance and did not tell his team.....calling him a DB to do that is fine. It happened not to be true, so changing your mind is fine. Personally I dont think anyone has to feel bad, backtrack or apologize about anything.

Bisonator98
12-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Apologies for what I was thinking anyway. :biggrin:

BisonTeacher
12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I mean I wasn't critical of Bohl......I wanted to wait for it to play out. We discussed how it might have played out.....but yes, my phone went dead and I couldn't get on Bisonville!!!!!!!!
I knew what you meant. Just giving you crap.

Gully
12-10-2013, 12:00 AM
There is no need to backtrack.....the information was that CB was living at 9am taking some assistance and did not tell his team.....calling him a DB to do that is fine. It happened not to be true, so changing your mind is fine. Personally I dont think anyone has to feel bad, backtrack or apologize about anything.

Well I'm not being critical of you or anyone else but if you read your post again, you kind of made my point. Sometimes your "information" can be bogus, smarter to wait until all the facts come out before passing judgement. How would you like to be the one attacked based on false "information"?

Anyway, I wasn't telling you or anyone else what to do, just noting there has been a lot of backtracking. There is a bunch of it on the board today.

Gully
12-10-2013, 12:01 AM
I knew what you meant. Just giving you crap.

Jackass! Oh, wait, after thinking about that more, you're not a jackass. :)

BisManBison
12-10-2013, 12:09 AM
The only thing I'm still not afraid to be critical of is not telling the players, and I'm sure both CB and GT both regret how this played out. My wife kept telling me he wanted the players to be able to enjoy the win, and as true as that may be, I don't think it turned out that way. Anyway, hindsight is 20/20, the players seem to have gotten over it and so have I.

MAKBison
12-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I get what your saying and generally agree. MY point is that a lot of what was going around was coming form the media and while it was all based on interpretation, it came across as fact. Most people cant or do not understand that most radio and or media is opinion (NOT HARD NEWS). Because of this I give them a pass... I also cautioned people to wait before rushing to judgment then, but I still get.

Well I'm not being critical of you or anyone else but if you read your post again, you kind of made my point. Sometimes your "information" can be bogus, smarter to wait until all the facts come out before passing judgement. How would you like to be the one attacked based on false "information"?

Anyway, I wasn't telling you or anyone else what to do, just noting there has been a lot of backtracking. There is a bunch of it on the board today.

MAKBison
12-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Agreed!.........................

the only thing i'm still not afraid to be critical of is not telling the players, and i'm sure both cb and gt both regret how this played out. My wife kept telling me he wanted the players to be able to enjoy the win, and as true as that may be, i don't think it turned out that way. Anyway, hindsight is 20/20, the players seem to have gotten over it and so have i.

HerdBot
12-10-2013, 12:26 AM

I do because we should have let facts come out. Now if they WERE real facts I would still be pissed, but they were false so it doesn't matter. We should have known Bohl would do that.

MAKBison
12-10-2013, 12:31 AM
It comes with experience :-) Funny how Humans have to experience things before we learn them

I do because we should have let facts come out. Now if they WERE real facts I would still be pissed, but they were false so it doesn't matter. We should have known Bohl would do that.

natstar1
12-10-2013, 12:40 AM
So if you heard "information" that your wife or significant other was cheating on you you would just throw her under the bus and not wait to hear her side of the story?

bisonhp330
12-10-2013, 12:43 AM
For all of you........

MAKBison
12-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Is the Media-(plural) reporting it in such a fashion that its being presented as fact? NOt sure your analogy is apples to apples, but you get my point!

So if you heard "information" that your wife or significant other was cheating on you you would just throw her under the bus and not wait to hear her side of the story?

Elvis was a Bison
12-10-2013, 12:49 AM
It comes with experience :-) Funny how Humans have to experience things before we learn them

A wise man (Actually, Billy Joel, the Piano Man) once said "Experience is the name we give our mistakes"

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Ha,

Had to go back and read my posts to make sure I didn't rip on Bohl. I didn't because I always knew this day was coming. However, I was, and still am, perplexed by Wyoming as his choice. I always thought he would be recruited by a larger BCS school, but apparently no one else came calling so he took the best available offer. I can't blame him for that.

Actually it was a good thing the BV server was on overload or there would be a lot more people apologizing for their meltdown. Chalk it up to the internet age.

Gully
12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
For all of you........

That's some funny shit right there!

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm sure other schools would like to have our problems and yes we Bison fans sure do have melt downs. But I don't see a thread here titled 'How do we get people to come to games' (even playoff games) or ' Hey, did you know they fired our coach or do you care'.

MAKBison
12-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Amen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GOBISON123
12-10-2013, 01:42 AM
I am more worried about our team derailing and not reaching Frisco. If this happens then things will get crazy again and people will start blaming Bohl again, so I think we should focus on motivating our seniors and keeping them focused and not flip flop from one emotion to another.

IzzyFlexion
12-10-2013, 01:50 AM

I would not.............................I would go with a John Deere 4 wheel drive tractor.

natstar1
12-10-2013, 01:58 AM
I am more worried about our team derailing and not reaching Frisco. If this happens then things will get crazy again and people will start blaming Bohl again, so I think we should focus on motivating our seniors and keeping them focused and not flip flop from one emotion to another.
Maybe focus will be an issue, but I don't think motivation will be. If the Vikings can find a way to be motivated week to week when they're playing for little or nothing I think this football team will be more than motivated.

I do believe if we don't win the NT it won't be because of what happened this weekend.

AjaxTheMighty
12-10-2013, 02:05 AM
It was interesting to see Bisonville blow up like it did. Was there something like 1,000 people on here on Saturday night? There was a lot of talking going on across the state of North Dakota. I was getting texts from Hazen, Devils Lake, and the cities. It was crazy. Is there a coach that impacted the entire state quite like CB? I don't think so and I don't think it is even close to be honest.

td577
12-10-2013, 02:09 AM
When I was in leadership schools in the service, there is a lot of discussion about the degradation of combat effectiveness. For example, one basic formula is your troops can't be hungry, tired, and cold at the same time. It puts combat effectiveness near 0. You can be any of the two at any given time and effectiveness is diminished, but performance is still acceptable.

So with the advent of the internet (thanks Al Gore), I have decided there is a basic formula for computer usage that should be followed. I think with social mediums like facebook out there with immediate access with your phone, tablet, or computer it is starting to look like there are three things that can't go together at the same time. A social medium, drinking, and anger. You can not have all three going on at the same time without some serious fallout happening. You can have any 2 of the 3 and generally just look stupid, but probably not make a complete ass out of yourself. Like drunk and Bisonville without anger and you get on a "I love you guys" rant. That is probably even short of stupid and likely to get very positive responses. You can get angry and get on Bisonville without drinking and the rants become very specifically what you are angry about but generally people can follow the reasoning. If you are drunk, angry, and on facebook; I can not think of any scenario that looks good in the end. For instance, if you are angry at a girl and get drunk with access to facebook, you might get a visit by your local heroes in blue the next morning. If I am going to be angry and drinking, no facebook. If I am going to be drinking and facebook, do not get angry. You get the idea.

Another lesson learned here is anger and the internet is one thing, but add misinformation and that could be the same effect as drinking. It sends people over the edge. No information is just as bad as misinformation. There were too many people with knowledge of this situation that let it go for almost 12 hours with no information to add so people had no choice but to start filling in the blanks. Misinformation, anger, the internet, and for some all day of drinking; no apologies are needed. Let's just rack this one up as everyone has some blame and move on from there.

By the way, I do have one rule I follow religiously and haven't had to use it much over the past couple of years. You will not see me on Bisonville for 24 hours after a loss. I absolutely know I will say something that will make me eventually look like a complete ass, which I don't need anger to help me with.

semobison
12-10-2013, 02:28 AM

That's funny! We, the fans should focus on keeping the players focused!

GOBISON123
12-10-2013, 02:51 AM
That's funny! We, the fans should focus on keeping the players focused!

media :uhyeah::uhyeah:

75NOVA
12-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Why is the ass that leaked from Wyoming getting a free pass? If coach would have told the team Sunday mourning without the leak would that make a difference to the Bohl bashers?

56BISON73
12-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Why is the ass that leaked from Wyoming getting a free pass? If coach would have told the team Sunday mourning without the leak would that make a difference to the Bohl bashers?

Most of the angst was in regards to misinformation that Bohl was leaving in the middle of the playoff run and not informing his players he was leaving.

75NOVA
12-10-2013, 04:37 AM
He planned to tell them Sunday morning.......the leak messed that up. Like everyone else I wasn't pleased. I'm good now and looking forward to Saturday, and the next, and Frisco.