PDA

View Full Version : Who loses short term with Bohl leaving?

dgoergs
12-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Let's assume that a majority of the assistant coaches go with Bohl. I'm confident that the remainder of this year will continue as planned and conclude with a three-peat. With that said, this is how I see it:

- Seniors win 3rd championship and go out in glory as they deserve.
- 2014 recruits will know new coach before their final commitment...they will have a choice of what they are getting in to and will be recruited with a purpose in mind of the new coach. NDSU continues having great success.
- Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors came to NDSU in large part because of the program AND Bohl. If a majority of the assistants go with Bohl, they will most likely will be looking at a new offense/defense of a new head coach...a new head coach will be recruiting players that best fit his offense/defense so this group of players will be playing in an offense/defense that doesn't fit them as well as what they were recruited for.

That said, that group of kids (freshman, sophomores, juniors) will do a good job, but my point is i believe they are the biggest losers in this deal because they don't have a choice of who they are playing for and may be considered filler for 2-3 years until the new coach can get the players he needs for the style he plans on running.

344Johnson
12-09-2013, 04:31 AM
Let's assume that a majority of the assistant coaches go with Bohl. I'm confident that the remainder of this year will continue as planned and conclude with a three-peat. With that said, this is how I see it:

- 2014 recruits will know new coach before their final commitment...they will have a choice of what they are getting in to.
- Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors came to NDSU in large part because of the program AND Bohl. If a majority of the assistants go with Bohl, they will most likely will be looking at a new offense/defense of a new head coach...a new head coach will be recruiting players that best fit his offense/defense so this group of players will be playing in an offense/defense that doesn't fit them as well as what they were recruited for.

That said, that group of kids (freshman, sophomores, juniors) will do a good job, but my point is i believe they are the biggest losers in this deal because they don't have a choice of who they are playing for and may be considered filler for 2-3 years until the new coach can get the players he needs for the style he plans on running.

Short-term losers: Teams our guys go against for the remainder of the season.

long-term losers: IMO the freshman/sophs who came with the deciding factor being Bohl.

Short-term winners: NDSU 2013 football team; Craig Bohl
Long-term winners: Coach Bohl's bank account. Coach Bohl's wife. Charities in the Greater Laramie Metro area. Potentially NDSU if we snag someone great who thinks Fargo is the greatest place in the world.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 04:33 AM
I lose short term because I will probably puke the first time I go and see Bohl walking the sidelines in Laramie.:(

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 04:38 AM
The players on the team now have had a chance to see the program win at a high level and have had it embedded in them that Bison Pride isn't about any one person. I'd be surprised if we have more than one or two defections.

ZHerd
12-09-2013, 04:59 AM
The players on the team now have had a chance to see the program win at a high level and have had it embedded in them that Bison Pride isn't about any one person. I'd be surprised if we have more than one or two defections.

Yep. Regardless who comes in to coach, they will inherit a contingent of really good players who know how to prepare, are tough, and have a winner mentality from being a part of this teams culture. They will carry it over.

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Yep. Regardless who comes in to coach, they will inherit a contingent of really good players who know how to prepare, are tough, and have a winner mentality from being a part of this teams culture. They will carry it over.

Exactly. If you're looking for something to appreciate about Coach Bohl's departure, then give him ups for instilling the attitude of team-based play and behavior among everyone on the team. That will feed back in to the next generation of Bison players in his absence and if we get the right coach we won't miss a beat.

natstar1
12-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Short-term losers: Teams our guys go against for the remainder of the season.

long-term losers: IMO the freshman/sophs who came with the deciding factor being Bohl.

Short-term winners: NDSU 2013 football team; Craig Bohl
Long-term winners: Coach Bohl's bank account. Coach Bohl's wife. Charities in the Greater Laramie Metro area. Potentially NDSU if we snag someone great who thinks Fargo is the greatest place in the world.
I'm sure there is a recruit that was swayed because of the coach, but don't you think most of the recruits in the '13/'14 classes are coming here because of the program and success we've had?

StL Bison Fan
12-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Long term 'looser' = Strauss unless Gene finds another sharp dresser

dgoergs
12-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm sure there is a recruit that was swayed because of the coach, but don't you think most of the recruits in the '13/'14 classes are coming here because of the program and success we've had?

Agreed... don't get me wrong, I know the program will continue to be successful, I just think there will be 2-3 transition years for a new coach to get what HE needs in place for success. The kids there now will do a great job and play their hearts out, but may or may not be ideal for the new coaches schemes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
12-09-2013, 05:53 PM

- 2014 recruits will know new coach before their final commitment...they will have a choice of what they are getting in to and will be recruited with a purpose in mind of the new coach. NDSU continues having great success.

What if the players do fit the new coaches system? What if they run the exact same system?

dgoergs
12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
What if the players do fit the new coaches system? What if they run the exact same system?

Very true...I for one hope that is the case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bison56
12-09-2013, 07:16 PM

This is what I am hoping for.

westnodak93bison
12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I lose short term because I will probably puke the first time I go and see Bohl walking the sidelines in Laramie.:(

Why? If you like both programs why aren't you thrilled for WYO?

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Why? If you like both programs why aren't you thrilled for WYO?
I am a Bison fan.......