PDA

View Full Version : Not ndsu!

KyleK
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm sure it will get better with Bohl, don't think it could get much worse.

https://twitter.com/Jaybartley34/status/409837464337928192/photo/1

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 12:52 AM
This Jay Bartley guy sees it clearly.

MNLonghorn10
12-09-2013, 12:57 AM
the fuck is the copper bowl?

Gully
12-09-2013, 01:01 AM
This Jay Bartley guy sees it clearly.

Never heard of him.

natstar1
12-09-2013, 01:02 AM
http://www.gowyo.com/facilities/jonah-field-war-memorial-stadium.html

With the crowd noise, elevation and outstanding Cowboy teams, Wyoming's home field has long been one of the most feared places to play in college football.
mmmhhhhhhmmmm

Bison Fin
12-09-2013, 01:03 AM
How do these assholes have more money than us!

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2013, 01:03 AM

There is no Wyoming State.

Swaghook
12-09-2013, 01:04 AM

They are the only game in the state unlike ND with several state schools all needing state funds.

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 01:06 AM

Similar situation to Minnesota, only lots of public money and relatively few people to spend it on. This means that despite the school's general athletic ineptitude it still swings a sizable dick compared to an FCS school.

BisBison
12-09-2013, 01:15 AM

MW TV contract with ESPN and the revenue sharing from the bowls.

Swaghook
12-09-2013, 01:16 AM
lots of public money and relatively few people to spend it on. ND has lots of money as well but chooses to bank it rather then spend it. Would not mind seeing more money for NDSU for athletics but then UND would also have to be funded higher as well as all the other state schools. I doubt we will ever see ND spending money like Wyoming on athletics.

Bison Fin
12-09-2013, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=DjKyRo;804140]Similar situation to Minnesota, only lots of public money and relatively few people to spend it on. This means that despite the school's general athletic ineptitude it still swings a sizable dick compared to an FCS school.[/QUOTE

Well I hope with the next round of hires we can get some extenze and swing a little bigger dick.

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 01:53 AM
ND has lots of money as well but chooses to bank it rather then spend it. Would not mind seeing more money for NDSU for athletics but then UND would also have to be funded higher as well as all the other state schools. I doubt we will ever see ND spending money like Wyoming on athletics.

North Dakota also has a ton of public education institutions that get a slice of the pie. Wyoming does not.

No_Skill
12-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Of all our FBS games that is certainly one we should have won. I can't believe I'm going to watch them now. :facepalm:

Good luck coach.

bkit29
12-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Well I hope with the next round of hires we can get some extenze and swing a little bigger dick.[/QUOTE]

That stuff doesn't work.......... I mean......Does that stuff really work?

Hammerhead
12-09-2013, 02:22 AM
The Copper Bowl is now the BWW bowl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Wild_Wings_Bowl

Hammersmith
12-09-2013, 02:28 AM
the fuck is the copper bowl?

You beat egg whites in it.

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2013, 02:31 AM
You beat egg whites in it.

After you go 7-4 and then you paint a number on a wall

coach going to the MWC isn't going to change my thoughts on it.

NWNDBison
12-09-2013, 03:06 AM
I noticed on the Tom Burman (AD at UW) bio page at UW athletics website, one of his accomplishments was to increase football season ticket holders:

http://www.gowyo.com/genrel/burman_tom00.html

"Ticket revenue has dramatically grown, including a 63 percent growth in football season tickets since 2007.
•In the summer of 2011, season-ticket sales for Wyoming Football surpassed the 10,000 season-ticket mark for the first time in school history."

NDSU surpassed 12,000 season ticket holders this year.

Tom Burman's tenure at UW remarkably parallels Gene Taylor's tenure at NDSU in terms of what they have accomplished.
Biggest difference: Athletics budget of $27 M compared to NDSU's $15 M. That and Cowboy Joe Club grew from $2.1 M to 4.2 M while NDSU Team Makers from $750,000 to 2.3 M.

http://www.gobison.com/staff.aspx?staff=63

The GT bio seems more up-to-date than the TB bio at Wyoming. Most NDSU info is from 2012. Much of the info at the UW bio page is 2010-2011.

bisonfanette
12-09-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm sure it will get better with Bohl, don't think it could get much worse.

https://twitter.com/Jaybartley34/status/409837464337928192/photo/1

Tell me this isn't true... this is a joke correct? If not, I can't imagine leaving NDSU for this.

BisonEngrGirl
12-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Tell me this isn't true... this is a joke correct? If not, I can't imagine leaving NDSU for this.

He wants to retire in 5-6 yrs. It's all about the benjamins.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

bisonfanette
12-09-2013, 03:31 AM
The handful of fans in their stadium is absolutely pathetic... I really thought this was a joke.

(And the NDSU students from Breck Mn are thinking...
first Wyoming threatens to sue our high school over the Breck Cowboy logo... and now they take our college fb coach.)

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 03:34 AM
The handful of fans in their stadium is absolutely pathetic... I really thought this was a joke.

(And the NDSU students from Breck Mn are thinking...
first Wyoming threatens to sue our high school over the Breck Cowboy logo... and now they take our college fb coach.)

When teams like Boise, Virginia, Texas and Nebraska come to War Memorial it is a sell out. If the Pokes hit a bowl game or two the passions will be high out here. They are not use to winning and WYO is the ONLY FB team in the state.....

HerdBot
12-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Wyoming has one heck of an indoor practice facility that Bohl was raving about. It turns out Wyoming has a matching gift program for building donations. Private donors raised 5.5 million and the state matched it. The end result is this (of course our state won't pay for anything)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/genrel/auto_player/7858017.jpeg
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/7858016.jpeg

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Our president and the other powers that be need to start laying the groundwork for a move to FBS. They need to take it to the Governers office and make the case. Over time, I feel it can be done.

We are wasting our time in this crap division playing crap schools. When a shitty program like Wyoming can out spend us, it is time to move on.

Wyoming is a place where coaches go to die. RIP coach Bohl. Your career is effectively over.

heckler
12-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Our president and the other powers that be need to start laying the groundwork for a move to FBS. They need to take it to the Governers office and make the case. Over time, I feel it can be done.

We are wasting our time in this crap division playing crap schools. When a shitty program like Wyoming can out spend us, it is time to move on.

Wyoming is a place where coaches go to die. RIP coach Bohl. Your career is effectively over.

They are out spending us because they have the money. We do not. I don't understand why people think money will magically appear if we move up.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 01:13 PM

I agree 100%. My wife and I moved from ND because of the oil, but the state now has more money then it knows what to do with. I don't care if they have 50 universities to fund, NDSU football is a huge positive for the state. Money should be spent to allow it to compete on the next level. No reason programs like Wyoming can compete on that level and NDSU can't. ZERO

CalBison97
12-09-2013, 01:15 PM
They are out spending us because they have the money. We do not. I don't understand why people think money will magically appear if we move up.

BCS Conference money...at least for now.

heckler
12-09-2013, 01:22 PM
BCS Conference money...at least for now.

Where are we getting the money to move up in the first place? What conference is going to invite NDSU? How is team makers going to fund more scholarships? Who is going to fund a new stadium? I guarantee we can't afford a bigger indoor stadium.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Where are we getting the money to move up in the first place? What conference is going to invite NDSU? How is team makers going to fund more scholarships? Who is going to fund a new stadium? I guarantee we can't afford a bigger indoor stadium.

You really don't think the state and city of Fargo could afford a new stadium?

I would agree with the conference and scholarship hurdle, but not the funding of a stadium. If they really wanted to build it, they could.

heckler
12-09-2013, 01:35 PM
You really don't think the state and city of Fargo could afford a new stadium?

I would agree with the conference and scholarship hurdle, but not the funding of a stadium. If they really wanted to build it, they could.

That's because they don't want to fund it. They already have the fargodome. Why would they build another indoor facility? They will also not fund an outdoor stadium. It will only benefit 30k 6 games out of the year. So now, where does the money come?

kab1one
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
ND has lots of money as well but chooses to bank it rather then spend it. Would not mind seeing more money for NDSU for athletics but then UND would also have to be funded higher as well as all the other state schools. I doubt we will ever see ND spending money like Wyoming on athletics.

Not true, ND has "banked" very little of its oil, gas and coal royalties until just recently. The legacy fund is relatively new, the school fund has substantial savings but that isn't for NDSU or secondary athletics.

One of the biggest fallacies with ND is the fact they saved any of the surpluses of the past 10 years, they would have a surplus then spend it the next legislative session. One of ND's dirty secrets. If the price of oil or the rate of oil produced dropped 20-25%, ND is very quickly in a bad financial position since they have grown the government so much in the past five years.

I think this also shows how far behind NDSU is in fundraising compared to FBS and the reality is we may never have the funds to compete at that level.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Stadiums can and do get replaced, the dome won't last for ever. Fargo doesn't need two big indoor stadiums, but they could replace the fargodome. I would agree, the outdoor stadium would be a lot harder to sell.

heckler
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Stadiums can and do get replaced, the dome won't last for ever. Fargo doesn't need two big indoor stadiums, but they could replace the fargodome. I would agree, the outdoor stadium would be a lot harder to sell.

You are right. Give it another 20 years.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Read my post again. Never said money would magically appear. I said university president needs to take it to the governer. Initially it will go over like a lead balloon, but with enough political pressure from various sources, over time I think the idea will take hold with the state.

FCS is a black hole.

heckler
12-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Read my post again. Never said money would magically appear. I said university president needs to take it to the governer. Initially it will go over like a lead balloon, but with enough political pressure from various sources, over time I think the idea will take hold with the state.

FCS is a black hole.

I'll say this and leave you guys to dream. NDSU will NEVER move up. The state will NEVER fund it. NDSU will wait and see if the BCS splits off and the lower schools go down a level and NDSU would be included in the lower tier division.
Basically a glorified FCS.

NDSU doesn't have the money and ND will never give it to them.

Black hole or not NDSU is stuck. Get used to playing furman and the like.

SDbison
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Going to post this here and not sure if this has been commented elsewhere.........I hate that Wyoming thinks they can buy thier football program success off the back of NDSU. Not yet known how many assistants go with Bohl, but if it ends up being 5 or 6 I will despise these Cowboy losers forever. Build up your own program in pieces rather than robbing the entire succesful coaching staff of an FCS team.

mnriverbison
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Similar situation to Minnesota, only lots of public money and relatively few people to spend it on. This means that despite the school's general athletic ineptitude it still swings a sizable dick compared to an FCS school.

Except MN has a top 15 media market to offer advertisers while WY has a bunch of literal sheep and cows.

semobison
12-09-2013, 02:04 PM

FCS is a black hole.

Political pressure from different sources? You do realize that any state government spending will be split up with some going to UND, Minot St., Dickinson State etc... That's why Wyoming has a big advantage compared to NDSU. Its the only college in the state! Money for an FBS move for NDSU has to come from within.

StL Bison Fan
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Going to post this here and not sure if this has been commented elsewhere.........I hate that Wyoming thinks they can buy thier football program success off the back of NDSU. Not yet known how many assistants go with Bohl, but if it ends up being 5 or 6 I will despise these Cowboy losers forever. Build up your own program in pieces rather than robbing the entire succesful coaching staff of an FCS team.

We bought our championships. Just ask Farley.

mnriverbison
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
People who see Wyoming's empty stadium as a reason not to coach there are nutty. Bohl, like virtually every over-achiever, doesn't see what it is but rather sees what could be. You have selective memory if you think the current Fargodome atmosphere (inside the building and out) are anything like what it was before Bohl was here. He built that. Complaining to Bohl that Wyoming doesn't have a great crowd is like telling a brilliant painter not to start with a blank canvas. Doesn't even make sense.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 02:10 PM
People who see Wyoming's empty stadium as a reason not to coach there are nutty. Bohl, like virtually every over-achiever, doesn't see what it is but rather sees what could be. You have selective memory if you think the current Fargodome atmosphere (inside the building and out) are anything like what it was before Bohl was here. He built that. Complaining to Bohl that Wyoming doesn't have a great crowd is like telling a brilliant painter not to start with a blank canvas. Doesn't even make sense.

The reason I posted was to show he has a long road ahead. I'm sure he will do a great job and build the program into a winner. It can only go up.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Well put. This place is starved for success and if the is success you will see large increases in the gates and big increases in donors.

semobison
12-09-2013, 02:13 PM

College football is a business SD. Most coaching moves are followed by the coach moving taking most of his assistants with him. Wyoming is not doing anything that dozens of other schools haven't already done. It just sucks when it happens to your team!

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 02:18 PM

You are not thinking with you head on that one. That is what happens to schools that are stepping stones and NDSU is a stepping stone. The next bigger fish in the food chain eats the smaller fish. We just don't have the money to compete for coaches with almost any FBS program save a few.

heckler
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM
If Bohl gets offered a BCS job Wyoming is a stepping stone. There are only a few college coaching jobs that aren't stepping stones.

Civil06
You are not thinking with you head on that one. That is what happens to schools that are stepping stones and NDSU is a stepping stone. The next bigger fish in the food chain eats the smaller fish. We just don't have the money to compete for coaches with almost any FBS program save a few.

Lots of truth here. Fact is, Wyoming is also a stepping stone if they can win. If not, it's just another place to get fired. All winning programs are stepping stones except for the top few. Even Alabama has to fight off Saban to Texas rumors.

mnriverbison

So of course you think the Bison, instead of poaching a successful coach from a school with a smaller financial stick, should just magically turn an unproven coach out of thin air into the next HC? Crazy.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Well put. This place is starved for success and if the is success you will see large increases in the gates and big increases in donors.

What makes you think Bohl can do what no other coach has been able to do at Wyoming? Not going to happen. Wyoming will forever be stuck at the bottom of FBS, just like NDSU will forever be stuck in FCS.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Lots of truth here. Fact is, Wyoming is also a stepping stone if they can win. If not, it's just another place to get fired. All winning programs are stepping stones except for the top few. Even Alabama has to fight off Saban to Texas rumors.

And if you get fired at WYO after 5 years you have probably earned between $7.5 and $8 million. Not a bad gig. It is all about the money. Nothing else.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-09-2013, 02:28 PM
And if you get fired at WYO after 5 years you have probably earned between $7.5 and $8 million. Not a bad gig. It is all about the money. Nothing else.

You are 100% correct on this post.

SDbison
12-09-2013, 02:29 PM
So of course you think the Bison, instead of poaching a successful coach from a school with a smaller financial stick, should just magically turn an unproven coach out of thin air into the next HC? Crazy.
Bison and most tams in all of college football dont take a coach and the entire staff. HC and maybe one or two assistants is typical. Read my entire post, look at how many teams have taken a HC and 5 or 6 assistants and then tell me how often that occurs.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
You are 100% correct on this post.

Agreed, it's all about the $$$

mnriverbison
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
What makes you think Bohl can do what no other coach has been able to do at Wyoming? Not going to happen. Wyoming will forever be stuck at the bottom of FBS, just like NDSU will forever be stuck in FCS.

Why won't it happen? What about Wyoming makes it a tougher job than NDSU? NDSU quite literally started at the bottom of 1-AA when Bohl arrived, has no real local talent pool to draw from, no great TV revenue, etc etc.

Civil06
Bison and most tams in all of college football dont take a coach and the entire staff. HC and maybe one or two assistants is typical. Read my entire post, look at how many teams have taken a HC and 5 or 6 assistants and then tell me how often that occurs.

It's not real common, but Northern Illinois continued improving after Kill took everybody to Minnesota. I hope we can do the same.

WYOBISONMAN

Because Wyoming can access way more money than NDSU. This season, NDSU would probably be in the top 3 for MWC Football. If Bohl could do that in Fargo with the budget and scholies at NDSU, he has a good chance of doing it in Laramie. I think all assistants will follow. If they are successful at WYO, some of the assistants may be able to jump directly to HC positions at FBS schools. That is a pretty attractive career track if you are a guy like Vigen.

Also, while all of us surely prefer Fargo over Laramie, remember that most of the nation considers North Dakota as just a frozen after thought. Laramie does have the appeal of being in the Rockies and a more (all though not a lot) moderate climate that Fargo. It is a Podunk town but it is also under an hour from Fort Collins, that is a pretty damn nice place. To a football recruit, Laramie could well have more appeal that Fargo with Bohl at the helm of the Cowboys. Better facilities, bigger budget, a shot (long one) at a BCS game some day, the ONLY NCAA team in the state.

oldmantutters
12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
PA just touched on the Bohl to Wyoming topic in his "Sports Essentials" segment. Granted, he really isn't in the know about anything NDSU, but he basically said what I have been thinking about all of this. Can't believe that this is a step up (I understand it's more money), and that the thought Bohl had built up enough equity for a job at a more glamorous school.

All due respect, and I admit I haven't looked into the contract that he signed but, if he is fired after 5 years my guess is he isn't really hitting the bonuses to bring his salary up to the $1.5 mil/yr. range. Probably looking more like $3.75m - $5m range still more than the ~$1.75m he would have earned at NDSU in that time so I do agree that it is about the money.

mnriverbison
12-09-2013, 02:36 PM

It isn't "the bison" who will take or not. It is up to the HC to hire his assistants. And it is up to them to accept the job or not. And it is up to the AD to offer the old OC or DC a job if he wishes. So yeah, it goes any number of ways. But it isn't a morality play. Every actor in this play acts in their own self interest. The WY AD, Bohl, his assistants, Taylor, the AD whose coach we hire, his assistants, etc etc etc. I'm sorry if this is distasteful to you but to pretend that there is any moral high ground to be had is either naive or reaching for straws during a difficult time.

bruinbison
12-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Agree with this -

And Remember all those empty seats in the FargoDome when Coach Bohl arrived on campus.
If I remember correctly, Coach Bohl had attendance increase bonuses built into his original NDSU contract.
Why not do that in your Wyoming contract also?
Get the money upfront for your assistants, and even more for yourself than the 750 base in bonuses later on......

So that blank canvas is perhaps even more attractive to start with

southcliffbison
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Wyoming has one heck of an indoor practice facility that Bohl was raving about. It turns out Wyoming has a matching gift program for building donations. Private donors raised 5.5 million and the state matched it. The end result is this (of course our state won't pay for anything)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/genrel/auto_player/7858017.jpeg
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/7858016.jpeg

Bohl had an indoor practice facility at Nebraska; trouble was the HC (Osbourne) didn't use it (chose not to use it)........wanted his players acclimated to the elements that they played in. Bohl, being the good disciple he is, probably won't either.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Bohl had an indoor practice facility at Nebraska; trouble was the HC (Osbourne) didn't use it (chose not to use it)........wanted his players acclimated to the elements that they played in. Bohl, being the good disciple he is, probably won't either.

If he wants them outside, War Memorial is right next to the indoor practice facility.