PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming press conference

FFBison
12-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Not sure what happened to the Wyoming press conference on KVLY...anyone find a link to the video?

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:04 AM
I forgot about this. I will have to look.

southcliffbison
12-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Not sure what happened to the Wyoming press conference on KVLY...anyone find a link to the video?

Well wasn't that swell; a supposed big time program and don't have the wherewithall to stream a news conference. Yup, Big Time, Coach Bohl I hope you go O for the decade.

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:06 AM
It's on KFGO 790 right now. The band is playing.

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2013, 12:06 AM
You can see it at their website, it's already archived.

What did I learn? Wyoming's fight song is stupid.

Bison Fin
12-09-2013, 12:07 AM
http://www.gowyo.com/videos/#

Cant get it to work right tho

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2013, 12:07 AM
He choked up HARD at the beginning talking about the players and GT.

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Coach Bohl is crying right now on the radio after mentioning NDSU and the players. It was heart felt.

Billings
12-09-2013, 12:11 AM
here is the archive

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120813aaa.html

stars at 4 minute mark

I did not realize he had been recruited to play at Wyo years ago

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:11 AM
I wish Coach Bohl all the best.

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Him choking up almost made me choke up. I think the decision was hard for him.

onbison09
12-09-2013, 12:15 AM
I wish Coach Bohl all the best.
Me too. Last night I was too emotional to be posting probably. Some hall of shame material from me.

Go Cowboys!

MNLonghorn10
12-09-2013, 12:16 AM
tom burman, direct of athletis

morons.

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:19 AM
There are five stages of grief.

I am at the 5th stage. Acceptance. The 1st is denial and the 2nd anger. A lot of angry people this morning and I hope we are all past this and move on. I could see us playing Wy soon.

cbline
12-09-2013, 12:22 AM
There are five stages of grief.

I am at the 5th stage. Acceptance. The 1st is denial and the 2nd anger. A lot of angry people this morning and I hope we are all past this and move on. I could see us beating Wy soon.

There. Fixed it for you! :)

A1pigskin
12-09-2013, 12:24 AM
There. Fixed it for you! :)

Good fix.....

Bisonator98
12-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Him choking up almost made me choke up. I think the decision was hard for him.

Me too until I realized he would be taking our entire coaching staff with him. :mad:

Bison Fin
12-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Me too until I realized he would be taking our entire coaching staff with him. :mad:

I'm right there with you. bohl and company better give their heart and soul to the rest of the 2013 season because if they don't; they will mostly be remembered as the coaches that gave up on the team during a chance to go down in the history books

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2013, 12:50 AM
God damn, Wyoming has an ugly color scheme.

and I went to Fargo South.

HoopsBison
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Sure was weird seeing a Wyoming logo behind coach Bohl, have no doubts he will be a winner there, just sucks hes leaving us.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Bisonfan1
12-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Now it is totally real. Posting in SDbison fashion - Cowboy Joe Blows. - Good luck Coach , Thanx for the 11 years.

FFBison
12-09-2013, 01:08 AM
That is just absolutely surreal to watch that press conference. I don't know what else to say. Weird to see their logo, hear their band, their school song...and then to hear our current coach speak. I know Gene Taylor saw this coming, but just like the eminent death of a sick, elderly family member, it still shocks you when it happens and you don't know quite how to react. Its just been such an enjoyable run these past few seasons and to see a major part of that success leave is difficult. But, we move on.

onbison09
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Can you blame him for taking the coaching staff? He knows they can get the job done, knows their personalities, they know him and love him by all accounts.

Professor Chaos
12-09-2013, 01:23 AM
I'd encourage anyone who thinks about booing Coach Bohl on Saturday to watch the first few minutes of this press conference. This had to have been an incredibly tough decision for him and it's evident that he's not taking the team and university he's leaving behind lightly.

BisBison
12-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Can you blame him for taking the coaching staff? He knows they can get the job done, knows their personalities, they know him and love him by all accounts.

New head coach hires his own staff. Anyone staying behind is at risk, unless the new head coach is already one of the assistants.

FFBison
12-09-2013, 01:31 AM
It will be interesting to see how that shakes out. But I have to think that if Klieman or Vigen are offered the head coaching job, wouldn't you think they would stay over being a coordinator at Wyoming? We'll certainly lose some, but it will be interesting to see who goes.

perthbison
12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
New head coach hires his own staff. Anyone staying behind is at risk, unless the new head coach is already one of the assistants.correct .....

coloradobison
12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Bohl on his new coaching staff: “I think you’re going to see the lion’s share of our staff at North Dakota State come here.”

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/409863026766905344

TateMosersneighbor
12-09-2013, 01:40 AM
I'd encourage anyone who thinks about booing Coach Bohl on Saturday to watch the first few minutes of this press conference. This had to have been an incredibly tough decision for him and it's evident that he's not taking the team and university he's leaving behind lightly.

I think 99 percent of the fan base will be cheering as loud as ever for the intro on Saturday.

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 01:41 AM
I know I'll be leaving the Dome on Saturday with absolutely no voice. They better bring in engineers to do the sound measurement again.

Yellow
12-09-2013, 01:47 AM
What was the decibel level on Saturday? Did they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kingbison
12-09-2013, 01:51 AM
They said115 was the loudest after the 2nd touchdown

FFBison
12-09-2013, 01:55 AM
I thought that as well when GT indicated in his press conference that he asked the assistants that he needed them to focus on the rest of this season...seemed like he got the word that the majority of them would be leaving for Wyoming.

Bison Fin
12-09-2013, 01:57 AM
What was the decibel level on Saturday? Did they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I heard 113... i really hope we hit 120 against the beach cocks

NorthernBison
12-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I heard 113... i really hope we hit 120 against the beach cocks

That was on the first goal line stop. It hit 115 later. So, 115 is the max.

ZHerd
12-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Wow. I just checked Wyomings fan forum and, for the most part, I don't think those folks have any idea that they are getting something really special. They are clueless. One fan even stated that he didnt like the idea of taking our assistants because a number of them don't have FBS experience...lol. I guess their beat downs of FBS teams don't count on their resume. Apparently football at fbs level just turns into some mystically higher form of....something....that our guys have not attained to. That's fine, I would love to keep them.

IBleedYellow
12-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Damn I'm going to miss that guy. Just look at how he carries himself with professionalism. Once a Bison, always a Bison!! I'm worried about our replacement HC, how the hell do you step into the shoes that he is going to leave? I'm very glad to see the Wyoming faithful realize just how great of a coach they are going to be getting.

Wish you the best Coach Bohl, you gave us great memories and you'll always be my favorite coach.

bison93
12-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Wish Bohl and the coaches the best.. They gave us a hell of a ride the last couple of years. Let's finish this thing out and bring home another championship. I have faith in Gene hiring a great coach. For the record, the Cowboy band sucks bronco balls.. watching their AD grimace while they were playing.. priceless.. :rimshot:

NDSUstudent
12-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Wow. I just checked Wyomings fan forum and, for the most part, I don't think those folks have any idea that they are getting something really special. They are clueless. One fan even stated that he didnt like the idea of taking our assistants because a number of them don't have FBS experience...lol. I guess their beat downs of FBS teams don't count on their resume. Apparently football at fbs level just turns into some mystically higher form of....something....that our guys have not attained to. That's fine, I would love to keep them.

CSU fans wanted Miles fired after two years...some fanbases just don't get it.

344Johnson
12-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Am I the only one who cant get this damn thing to work?

56BISON73
12-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Am I the only one who cant get this damn thing to work?

Put your cusor on the slide and move over to the 3-4 minute mark and it started up for me.

bisonboone11
12-09-2013, 03:52 AM
This.......

tjbison
12-09-2013, 03:55 AM
are people seriously thinking about throwing boo bombs at our coach Saturday??!

my god what an all time low

Bison56
12-09-2013, 03:56 AM
I suggest a throat punch to anyone who drops a boo.

MAKBison
12-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Thats why Admin dont look at sports forums to make decisions

BisonEngrGirl
12-09-2013, 04:40 AM
No boos, maybe clapping mixed with muffled sobs? We aren't losing a coach, we are losing an NDSU legend. He is still a Bison and I don't think he wants anything more than to lead this groups of men to one more NC. Although, very weird to hear him talk about Wyo as "his" team.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

natstar1
12-09-2013, 05:01 AM
are people seriously thinking about throwing boo bombs at our coach Saturday??!

my god what an all time low
have you not read bisonville over the last 24 hours? There have been a number of posters that had suggested they are going to do this.

DjKyRo
12-09-2013, 05:04 AM
If Coach Bohl leaving hasn't given recruits enough to second-guess their commitment to NDSU then a crowd-wide booing of the coach who has given them everything over the past decade sure will. We need to show our recruits and future coaching staff that the "Once a Bison, Always a Bison" motif applies even if it hurts.

GOBISON123
12-09-2013, 05:06 AM
I cannot imagine anybody booing HC of Wyoming but may be some clapping like BisonEngrGirl mentioned.

MAKBison
12-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Yeah A Lot changed in 24 hours. When it first broke it was that he did not tell his players and was leaving on a 9am plane to never return. Hwever the truth finally came out!

If you are pissed at CB now after absorbing the situation you are not being realistic. Sure its hard, sure it sucks, but at the end of the day just be thankful for the ride.

have you not read bisonville over the last 24 hours? There have been a number of posters that had suggested they are going to do this.

ZHerd
12-09-2013, 05:10 AM
I can understand the irrational responses for the last 24 hours because of the magnitude of the news. Emotionally charged people say and do things they normally wouldn't. I WON'T understand however if this uncalled for, absurd hostility still exists come Saturday. I would feel terrible if anyone booed

reformedUNDfan
12-09-2013, 05:51 AM

they are a very ignorant fan base. They didn't even have a clue about the number of recruits Wyoming has lost to NDSU over the years. They'll be screaming for his head in a year, because honestly their roster would struggle in the MVFC.

reformedUNDfan
12-09-2013, 05:59 AM
wow thats wyoings school song? thats hillaribad

roadwarrior
12-09-2013, 12:24 PM
No mention of whales!

roadwarrior
12-09-2013, 12:26 PM
wow thats wyoings school song? thats hillaribad

Now I know for sure how to spell cowboys. And I thought Minnesota had the only spelling lesson in their fight song.

MN_BISON
12-09-2013, 01:19 PM
A couple things I took from watching the presser in WY. First off, did they have the local elementary school band come in and play that abortion of a song? Christ, I thought I was at a high school pep rally, Bohl had to be thinking damn, I did have it good at NDSU, well beside the fact that they can put a lot more zeros in your check at lone 4 year college U. Also, I realize he's moved on, good for him, but something about wearing that cowboy pin on his jacket really bothered me. I know, it's his new gig but if I were a current player and saw that, I'd be like F you coach, put it on AFTER our work here is done. Probably a bit of an over reaction on my part but what the hey, that's what we do here.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
A couple things I took from watching the presser in WY. First off, did they have the local elementary school band come in and play that abortion of a song? Christ, I thought I was at a high school pep rally, Bohl had to be thinking damn, I did have it good at NDSU, well beside the fact that they can put a lot more zeros in your check at lone 4 year college U. Also, I realize he's moved on, good for him, but something about wearing that cowboy pin on his jacket really bothered me. I know, it's his new gig but if I were a current player and saw that, I'd be like F you coach, put it on AFTER our work here is done. Probably a bit of an over reaction on my part but what the hey, that's what we do here.

I didn't like the pin either...

And for the record, I don't think he should be coaching the Bison this weekend, you took a different job, see ya. You can't tell me he is going to be focused on the Bison and the Bison alone!

BisonCardinal
12-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Seriously, what was he supposed to wear, a Bison pin to a Wyoming press conference? I am extremely glad he is going to finish out the season with the Bison. Finish what you start. I have no doubt that he is committed to a third NC. Besides, a 50% Bohl is still better than bringing in a different coach at this stage of the game.

Those of you that are saying derogatory things about Bohl are probably the same dumb-asses that spewed your infinite wisdom about Gameday broadcasting from downtown.

I wish Bohl success in Wyoming.

Bison bison
12-09-2013, 01:42 PM
bohl's emotion made think of a guy who walks out on his family and then cries to his new lover how much he misses his kids

CalBison97
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM

Hence the tears.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Seriously, what was he supposed to wear, a Bison pin to a Wyoming press conference? I am extremely glad he is going to finish out the season with the Bison. Finish what you start. I have no doubt that he is committed to a third NC. Besides, a 50% Bohl is still better than bringing in a different coach at this stage of the game.

Those of you that are saying derogatory things about Bohl are probably the same dumb-asses that spewed your infinite wisdom about Gameday broadcasting from downtown.

I didn't say anything negitive about Bohl. He took the job in Wyoming, he is the coach of Wyoming now. But if you really think his sole focus is going to be the Bison (like it should be), or like it would have if he didn't take the job, you are wrong. He can say all the right things, but his mind is not going to be were it should be. He caused this distraction, he should now remove himself.

Your going to move your family after 11 years in a place, and be focused on your old job, not going to happen.

StL Bison Fan
12-09-2013, 01:50 PM
I didn't like the pin either...

And for the record, I don't think he should be coaching the Bison this weekend, you took a different job, see ya. You can't tell me he is going to be focused on the Bison and the Bison alone!
I don't know if they still get their bonuses or not for winning but,
I think maybe more expectations now for the coaches. Now they have Wy expecting that they hired a winner. (We hired this guy and his staff and now they lose?) I may be wrong but somehow I think there's more riding on this now.

MN_BISON
12-09-2013, 02:01 PM

What is derogatory about saying I didn't like the pin? I didn't like it, so f'n shoot me, how about his for an idea, don't wear one at all. Get off your high horse, nothing in my post said anything bad about Bohl or that I wished him ill at WY. The band was weak, felt like something out of a low grade 1980's movie. Hey, how about this, go f yourself, dumb ass. Don't try and make more out of my comment than what it was, an observation. I didn't like it, there will be many days ahead where coach Bohl can dress in all the Cowboy gear he wants, hell he can wear boots and spurs for all I care but until the job is finished, he's still a Bison in my book.

Professor Chaos
12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I didn't say anything negitive about Bohl. He took the job in Wyoming, he is the coach of Wyoming now. But if you really think his sole focus is going to be the Bison (like it should be), or like it would have if he didn't take the job, you are wrong. He can say all the right things, but his mind is not going to be were it should be. He caused this distraction, he should now remove himself.

Your going to move your family after 11 years in a place, and be focused on your old job, not going to happen.
And him leaving wouldn't be a distraction? The players wouldn't notice that the guy who's been their head coach for every game of their Bison careers isn't there? Would it be less of a distraction having Klieman or Vigen coach the team when it's pretty much common knowledge that they're planning to follow Bohl to Wyoming? Would Klieman and Vigen have their sole focus on NDSU knowing that the university said no to their guy when he wanted to continue coaching? No one can argue that this is an ideal situation but given the circumstances, this is an advantageous situation for NDSU. If the playoff run is still going when Taylor hires the new coach the transition will be all the smoother with the current staff still in place. If anyone is getting the shaft here, it's Wyoming because they may not have a coach working full time for them until early January.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
And him leaving wouldn't be a distraction? The players wouldn't notice that the guy who's been their head coach for every game of their Bison careers isn't there? Would it be less of a distraction having Klieman or Vigen coach the team when it's pretty much common knowledge that they're planning to follow Bohl to Wyoming? Would Klieman and Vigen have their sole focus on NDSU knowing that the university said no to their guy when he wanted to continue coaching? No one can argue that this is an ideal situation but given the circumstances, this is an advantageous situation for NDSU. If the playoff run is still going when Taylor hires the new coach the transition will be all the smoother with the current staff still in place. If anyone is getting the shaft here, it's Wyoming because they may not have a coach working full time for them until early January.

He already left. The focus is the head coach, we all know that some of the asstaint coaches are going to, but the head coach is the head of the program. He is now a head coach for another team!

Like I said before, it's never a good time for a coach to leave, he just picked the worst time. It not about what he has done in the past, he isn't the head coach of the bison anymore in my mind. And you know what, I'm sure a lot of the players feel the sameway. I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for what he has done for the program, but it's a lot different being a lame duck coach for a bowl game, versus a playoff run.

Kyle

Hammerhead
12-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe the contract is worded so that if we tell Bohl to leave now that would nullify his $100,000 buyout clause.

Professor Chaos
12-09-2013, 02:48 PM
He already left. The focus is the head coach, we all know that some of the asstaint coaches are going to, but the head coach is the head of the program. He is now a head coach for another team! Like I said before, it's never a good time for a coach to leave, he just picked the worst time. It not about what he has done in the past, he isn't the head coach of the bison anymore in my mind. And you know what, I'm sure a lot of the players feel the sameway. I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for what he has done for the program, but it's a lot different being a lame duck coach for a bowl game, versus a playoff run.

Kyle
So your saying shoot a giant hole in your season in the middle of a playoff run? Fact is the best chance for the 2013 Bison to win a national championship is for Bohl and staff to stay on. Recruiting is in flux regardless. This is the best way to give this team a fair shake the rest of the year given the circumstances.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
So your saying shoot a giant hole in your season in the middle of a playoff run? Fact is the best chance for the 2013 Bison to win a national championship is for Bohl and staff to stay on. Recruiting is in flux regardless. This is the best way to give this team a fair shake the rest of the year given the circumstances.

Pretty sure the giant hole is already there. I know the whole staff can't leave, and I'm not saying that. But I do think Bohl should leave.

If the Bison can keep 50% of the kids that have already given a verbal, that would be a big win. Recruiting is going to take a hit this year, no way around it.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
What is derogatory about saying I didn't like the pin? I didn't like it, so f'n shoot me, how about his for an idea, don't wear one at all. Get off your high horse, nothing in my post said anything bad about Bohl or that I wished him ill at WY. The band was weak, felt like something out of a low grade 1980's movie. Hey, how about this, go f yourself, dumb ass. Don't try and make more out of my comment than what it was, an observation. I didn't like it, there will be many days ahead where coach Bohl can dress in all the Cowboy gear he wants, hell he can wear boots and spurs for all I care but until the job is finished, he's still a Bison in my book.

Hmmmm........my Christmas list..........One bucking horse and rider pin for MN_Bison.......time to go shopping!

MN_BISON
12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Hmmmm........my Christmas list..........One bucking horse and rider pin for MN_Bison.......time to go shopping!

LOL!! You want me to text you my address or should we just have a late gift exchange in Frisco? :cheers:

onbison09
12-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure the giant hole is already there. I know the whole staff can't leave, and I'm not saying that. But I do think Bohl should leave.

If the Bison can keep 50% of the kids that have already given a verbal, that would be a big win. Recruiting is going to take a hit this year, no way around it.
Who would coach the team then? Everyone saying he should leave hasn't said a peep about that.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
LOL!! You want me to text you my address or should we just have a late gift exchange in Frisco? :cheers:

We will see you in TX!!!!!

BisonCardinal
12-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Boomer and MN Bison, I am sorry if you felt I was singling you out for the dumb-ass comment. As you will note, I did not "quote" either one of you. My dumb-ass comment was more meant for the fans that were mad he was leaving, than it seemed like 2 hrs later they are mad because he is staying. Unfortunately, I chose this thread to vent, probably because we are talking about something as minor as a lapel pin.

As far as f'ng myself, I tried that once when I was younger. The length was not a problem, but it hurts to bend it at that sharp of an angle when it is hard. Haven't tried it since, don't plan to try it again now.

Merry Christmas
Peace.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Who would coach the team then? Everyone saying he should leave hasn't said a peep about that.

One of the assistants, my guess Vigen or Klieman, sounds like GT wants to talk with a couple of them about the HC job anyway. Nothing is offical about any of them leaving yet, so why not let one of them lead the team in the playoff run. And who knows, you might find your next HC. Maybe GT has talked with them already and they said they are going to follow Bohl to Wyoming, but none of us know if that has happend or not.

We can all have ideas about what should happen, it really doesn't matter, GT is going to do what he thinks is best for the program and I'm fine with that. All I'm doing is putting my thoughts out there, for what thats worth!

Kyle

onbison09
12-09-2013, 04:15 PM
One of the assistants, my guess Vigen or Klieman, sounds like GT wants to talk with a couple of them about the HC job anyway. Nothing is offical about any of them leaving yet, so why not let one of them lead the team in the playoff run. And who knows, you might find your next HC. Maybe GT has talked with them already and they said they are going to follow Bohl to Wyoming, but none of us know if that has happend or not.

We can all have ideas about what should happen, it really doesn't matter, GT is going to do what he thinks is best for the program and I'm fine with that. All I'm doing is putting my thoughts out there, for what thats worth!

Kyle
Yeah that wouldn't be more of a distraction.

But in reality there's no good options.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah that wouldn't be more of a distraction.

But in reality there's no good options.

Listen, none of us know what going on in the Bison locker room at the moment. But in my opinion, it would be a hell of a lot less of a distraction than someone leading the team that was standing in front of a podium Sunday night accepting a HC job at the University of Wyoming. Either way, it sucks for the players, we as fans have it easy.

Kyle

JSUBison
12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Listen, none of us know what going on in the Bison locker room at the moment. But in my opinion, it would be a hell of a lot less of a distraction than someone leading the team that was standing in front of a podium Sunday night accepting a HC job at the University of Wyoming. Either way, it sucks for the players, we as fans have it easy.

Kyle

Some do. I'm not saying I'm in the loop, but there are other posters here that have blood in that locker room/program or are connected in more ways than you know.

KyleK
12-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Some do. I'm not saying I'm in the loop, but there are other posters here that have blood in that locker room/program or are connected in more ways than you know.

I guess I should have said "most of us", but I think you understand what I'm getting at.

BTW, does anyone know what time the HC of NDSU/Wyoming got to the office this morning to get ready for the game this weekend? I know the answer... :)

coloradobison
12-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I guess I should have said "most of us", but I think you understand what I'm getting at.

BTW, does anyone know what time the HC of NDSU/Wyoming got to the office this morning to get ready for the game this weekend? I know the answer... :)

He must be telecommuting today...

KyleK
12-09-2013, 05:40 PM
My bad, I didn't think of that :)

He must be telecommuting today...

coloradobison
12-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I only said that because the delay of his press conference and it might have been a little sarcasm toward his dedication to get back to work for SU.