12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
This would make no sense for anyone involved. Just saying

CalBison97
12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure I'd even want him to.

Kevin
12-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Another tweet from McFeely:

As per @footballscoop, Bohl has offered jobs at Wyoming to five of his current staff at NDSU. Vigen, Klieman, Burns, Standard, Fuchs.

NDSU
12-08-2013, 02:39 PM
As per Mike McFeely tweet. I guess we'll find out in an hour

I hope GT had CB belongings out along the curb waiting for him. I hope an asst. would at least have the integrity to stick around and play it out.

heckler
12-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure I'd even want him to.

Yup if he runs out of the tunnel I will boo.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2013, 02:41 PM
i hope the team let the Wyoming Cowboy run out of the tunnel by himself, then the rest of the NDSU bison run out together.

Hammerhead
12-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd be happy if he stays until the playoff run is over. Let's face it, there is no good time for a coach to announce he's leaving. If he waited until January, people would bitch that he left us hanging and should have let us know earlier.

mnriverbison
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Agreed it makes no sense, but if true a lot of long-time posters here will have some nastygrams to delete from the boards soon.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I hope he finishes out too, and also hope the assistants that are gonna leave let GT know ASAP so that a new HC is named before PO's are over.

This needs to be done correctly or this could result in a 2-3 blow for NDSU football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

NDSUstudent
If his replacement is on the staff there is no reason for him to coach out the playoff run.

99Bison
Should be interesting which assistants end up going as well. For the top assistants WY seems pretty risky since it's bottom barrel. While there's a good probability they could be the HC at NDSU. For Bohl it's about a retirement paycheck and assistants aren't going to get that. IMO Hazelton will end up at WY or NDSU out if this.

Mesabison
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
IF Coach Bohl is able to finish out the season and the championship run, my feelings about all this changes
It surely wasn't planned for the press leak...can't drop that on him.
And really, who can blame the guy. Its a H U G E promotion that me , you, and anybody else would never turn down.

Coach Bohl,
I'm glad you spent the time at NDSU that you did. You have helped make wonderful things happen in this small market way up north. I wish for you nothing but success with your new position and the next step in life.
signed,
a Bison for Life

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gully
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I can't understand some of the opinions on this. I'm sure no one else would leave to another job for a 5X increase. Purple. I get the timing sucks but if he waited too long the jobs would be gone.

I'm happy for coach Bohl, he's earned it.

Moving on, we'll be just fine. Excited to see who the next coach will be.

A1pigskin
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Good grief. If this is true, there are basically no coaches. How does this affect going into CC game this Saturday. Right now NDSU AD and President needs to have a game plan for Monday to coach the players.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Per Dom Izzo Bohl has left the team meeting and has no comment. GT is addressing the team now per Kolpack.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Here is something's peeps are not considering re: timing. Apparently WYO was naming its coach today regardless of who it was, so, if Bohl, then the timing of the leak really makes no dif, as it was either last night or this morning, or about a 12 hour dif.

BadlandsBison
Get Tim Polasek back in here

jimmyptubas
I don't think all the coaches will be leaving before the playoffs....Bohl would leave for recruiting bit maybe he will stick around as well...

Bisonator98
12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
IMO GT should tell Bohl thanks but no thanks. Promote one of the coordinators now and let the others decide if they are with us or not and move on immediately. There is no way I would want a coach for another team on my staff!

bisonmike2
12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
If his replacement is on the staff there is no reason for him to coach out the playoff run.

This. I'd rather we both moved on.

heckler
12-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Why would you let him stay and coach the remaining games? His heart and head are elsewhere. Time to sackup and win without him.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Why would you let him stay and coach the remaining games? His heart and head is elsewhere. Time to sackup and win without him.

Yeah I don't know how he can effectively coach two programs at the same time. I also don't know how it would work with recruiting...are you going to bring recruits in here and have them talk to a guy that is not even really the head coach anymore? It would just be an awkward situation.

BisonFan02
12-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Would the players, especially the seniors or captains, have any input on this subject at the 9am meeting?

Bison Dan
12-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I can't understand some of the opinions on this. I'm sure no one else would leave to another job for a 5X increase. Purple. I get the timing sucks but if he waited too long the jobs would be gone.

I'm happy for coach Bohl, he's earned it.

Moving on, we'll be just fine. Excited to see who the next coach will be.+++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I have absolutely no issues with Bohl leaving after the season ends. As CAS said---he needs to finish what he started this year. You just dont walkout.

GFBison
12-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Why would you let him stay and coach the remaining games? His heart and head are elsewhere. Time to sackup and win without him.

So he can collect his bonuses!

heckler
12-08-2013, 03:11 PM
So he can collect his bonuses!

That's exactly what my wife said. Her quote was, "that money hugging thug shouldn't get any bonuses."

G_Funky
12-08-2013, 03:11 PM
The absurdity on this board is at an all time high...with each post comes a laugh out loud followed by a feeling of sympathy for those who are ripping their hair out with every piece of "reported" info...

Bisonator98
12-08-2013, 03:12 PM
I have absolutely no issues with Bohl leaving after the season ends. As CAS said---he needs to finish what he started this year. You just dont walkout.

Eff that. He is coaching another team already. He should be gone immediately!

loudsilverado
12-08-2013, 03:18 PM
A lot of professional companies will immediately let a person go if they put in their 2-4 week notice, especially if they are going to a "competitor". Not unheard of, regardless of staying to finish the job mentality.

Yellow
12-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Recruit tweets sure don't look promising...

bandit218
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
The problem I have is not that he's leaving. It's that he knew what was coming and seemed to hide in a closet and let twitter break the news to his players. He doesn't owe me or anybody on this board an explanation but he sure as hell should have had enough respect towards the players, that gave him this "payday", to tell them man to MEN.

coloradobison
12-08-2013, 03:29 PM

like what? examples...

Grizzled
12-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Good for him but keeping him around only hurts our recruiting for next year. If a majority of the staff goes with him are they recruiting these kids for here or WY? Same caliber recruits.

Also, this answers my question about Leevon. I noticed he got in trouble again a few weeks ago. Was worried he'd maybe miss a game.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Hall of shame worthy. Time to move this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aces1180
12-08-2013, 03:36 PM
I hope the fans boo the shit out of Bohl...What a terrible person.

tjamz
12-08-2013, 03:38 PM
A lot of professional companies will immediately let a person go if they put in their 2-4 week notice, especially if they are going to a "competitor". Not unheard of, regardless of staying to finish the job mentality.

While true, it also happens that occasionally a CEO will announce that he is leaving one company for another in a couple of months and they let him finish out the fiscal year/quarter. Saw it happen a few times with companies I've worked for. Heck, they were even leaving for direct competitors and we let them stay on.

Maybe he doesn't start active coaching duties for UW until after the 2013 championship?

I knew Bohl wouldn't be here forever, and I'm 100 percent positive that he didn't intend for the leak to happen. It sucks that it did, but what can be said about it that hasn't already been said?

Either way I will be cheering my ass off for this team regardless of who is at the helm.

1998braves64
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM
I am "happy" that he is planning to stay and finish NDSU's season (if you consider knowing a coach is leaving). I'm happy for the 2 national championships he's gotten us. Hopefully in 4 weeks it will be 3. Bohl is creating a big challenge for himself taking on 2 jobs at once. Obviously NDSU wanted him to stick around to the end of the season and seemingly he wants to finish this season from his show. I hope that recruits realize that they aren't coming here because of Bohl they're coming here because of NDSU as a program. I'm sure assistants have been offered job, but think if you take an NDSU HC job you will have the opportunity to be a HC at a FBS/BCS school if you put in a good 6-8+ years as Bohl has. So that would have to appeal to some of the assistants, even if WY job is more money how soon do you get a shot at HC job at FBS/BCS while as an assistant at a school like WY?

I know this isn't ideal and didn't seem that Bohl wanted it to go down like it did last night my guess was he was going to address the team this morning (as he did) someone did their reporter job at WY and got the news out of someone prior to when it should have been announced there, can't blame him for not having control over that.

Yes he's going for money but who wouldn't take a job for 3 times what you're making now? Not one person here.. So those saying he's greedy get off your high horse for a second and really think about that.

Congrats on moving up Bohl, good luck in WY you're going to need it.

NDSU will survive and we will continue. We support the program as a whole whoever is involved and not any one singular person.

GO BISON!

MHDBisonfan
12-08-2013, 03:56 PM
While true, it also happens that occasionally a CEO will announce that he is leaving one company for another in a couple of months and they let him finish out the fiscal year/quarter. Saw it happen a few times with companies I've worked for. Heck, they were even leaving for direct competitors and we let them stay on.

Maybe he doesn't start active coaching duties for UW until after the 2013 championship?

I knew Bohl wouldn't be here forever, and I'm 100 percent positive that he didn't intend for the leak to happen. It sucks that it did, but what can be said about it that hasn't already been said?

Either way I will be cheering my ass off for this team regardless of who is at the helm.

Agreed 100%. I don't cheer for Coach Bohl, I cheer for the NDSU football team, as I have since 1983.

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Anyone else feel like we are the underdog again? Or am I overreacting?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM

I've personally been on the receiving end of that policy.

bisonhp330
12-08-2013, 03:59 PM
So he is staying on.....that was the most political non informational pile if shit interview I have seen....grow some balls Jorgensen......I'm not a mcfeeley fan...but at least he would have nailed shit down

Mesabison
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I am "happy" that he is planning to stay and finish NDSU's season (if you consider knowing a coach is leaving). I'm happy for the 2 national championships he's gotten us. Hopefully in 4 weeks it will be 3. Bohl is creating a big challenge for himself taking on 2 jobs at once. Obviously NDSU wanted him to stick around to the end of the season and seemingly he wants to finish this season from his show. I hope that recruits realize that they aren't coming here because of Bohl they're coming here because of NDSU as a program. I'm sure assistants have been offered job, but think if you take an NDSU HC job you will have the opportunity to be a HC at a FBS/BCS school if you put in a good 6-8+ years as Bohl has. So that would have to appeal to some of the assistants, even if WY job is more money how soon do you get a shot at HC job at FBS/BCS while as an assistant at a school like WY?

I know this isn't ideal and didn't seem that Bohl wanted it to go down like it did last night my guess was he was going to address the team this morning (as he did) someone did their reporter job at WY and got the news out of someone prior to when it should have been announced there, can't blame him for not having control over that.

Yes he's going for money but who wouldn't take a job for 3 times what you're making now? Not one person here.. So those saying he's greedy get off your high horse for a second and really think about that.

Congrats on moving up Bohl, good luck in WY you're going to need it.

NDSU will survive and we will continue. We support the program as a whole whoever is involved and not any one singular person.

GO BISON!

You said it perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Well, this is all starting to make sense:

1. Clearly Bohl had no intention of this breaking last night; he was going to meet with the players this morning, but it broke. Social media sucks. People questioning not telling his players first were clearly out of line.
2. No doubt, he will take a lot of coaches, but why is everyone assuming Vigen and Klieman will go with him? Whoever would have an inside track at the job should stay. I would be almost prohibitive NOT to hire him. Think about it; they have a stellar recruiting class coming it and Gene/boosters will want to keep this. This is not time for an outside hire even though I am sure there will be a national search.
3. I am very glad he is staying. I have little doubt the team will rally around and finish this. It will be EPIC.

Only issue I still wonder about is timing, but as CAS stated, suspect Wyoming insisted.

SamsRams
12-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Any coach that wants to coach at Wyoming next year needs to be packed and on the road in under an hour. This staying through the season helps no one and turns this into an even bigger circus act. You want Laramie.............then get gone

natstar1
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Any coach that wants to coach at Wyoming next year needs to be packed and on the road in under an hour. This staying through the season helps no one and turns this into an even bigger circus act. You want Laramie.............then get gone

I'm guessing this happens fairly often. Coach takes a "better" job, assistants coach the bowl game, assistants move with head coach.

Bison Fin
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
If bohl says that its still all about 2013 bison football, I have to believe it. I think it would be worse for the team if he just packed up and left. Its just too bad that somebody slipped up and reported it before he could talk to the team.

A1pigskin
12-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Do we know for a fact Coach is staying for the rest of the playoffs? I heard he is coming back on Monday but does that mean to coach the Bison or to pack up his household things? I hope it's to Coach the Bison through the rest of the playoffs.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2013, 04:29 PM
If bohl says that its still all about 2013 bison football, I have to believe it. I think it would be worse for the team if he just packed up and left. Its just too bad that somebody slipped up and reported it before he could talk to the team.

and you believed that? Hes wyomings coach...why do we want him on NDSU's sideline, especially now? I hope GT told him thanks but no thanks.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Do we know for a fact Coach is staying for the rest of the playoffs? I heard he is coming back on Monday but does that mean to coach the Bison or to pack up his household things? I hope it's to Coach the Bison through the rest of the playoffs.

Kolpack said it is undetermined right now...GT will make an announcement later this afternoon.

I think GT has to tell him to move on.

heckler
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
why would wyo allow him to keep coaching NDSU?

tony
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM

Really?

We owe it to the guys on the team to give them the best opportunity to succeed. If you are saying that all the coaches who are going to Wyoming should go now out of spite, you have forgotten who that would hurt. Suppose the whole staff left, who would coach the team?

JMB
12-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Kolpack gets the tweet of the day.... "Maybe I'll be able to watch practice now."

SamsRams
12-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Roehl feeney hansen and olson. Its not spite its common semse to me. How do you motivate someone when they know you don't wanna be there. How can you let someone use your resources to recruit players to a different school.

JMB
12-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Since he is likely offering at least some (5) assistant coaches. We probably need someone around to coach the team, unless we are going to go "Varsity Blues" on it.

A1pigskin
Kolpack said it is undetermined right now...GT will make an announcement later this afternoon.

I am wondering if Bohls meeting with the WY AD today will be the deciding factor of him finishing the playoffs out or not. I am assuming here but this could be one of the questions Bohl asks. Whatever the answer that's when GT makes the announcement. This is speculation only.

JMB

Since he is likely offering at least some (5) assistant coaches. We probably need someone around to coach the team, unless we are going to go "Varsity Blues" on it.

1st&TennBison
12-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope you decide not to go to the game and boo him, your a terrible person if you did. What kind of fan would do that.
My opinion has changed quite a bit now that he is staying until the season is over. FYI though, it is not because Bohl will be here till the playoffs are over, but because our coaching staff will remain intact until that time. My first thought was that Bohl was gone and he was going to take people with him within the first 24-48 hours and gut the coaching staff during the playoff games. So now Bohl is basically doing what any other person in life would do, and that is he is giving his 2 week notice.

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Finish what you started!

Bison Fin
12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
and you believed that? Hes wyomings coach...why do we want him on NDSU's sideline, especially now? I hope GT told him thanks but no thanks.

Yes. If Wyoming allows him to stay with NDSU all the way to the end of the season, that tells me that Bohl made it known to Wyo that he wants to be here until the end of the season.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Roehl feeney hansen and olson. Its not spite its common semse to me. How do you motivate someone when they know you don't wanna be there. How can you let someone use your resources to recruit players to a different school.

Agree with this 100%.

GT needs to name either Vigen or Klieman the interim head coach with opportunity to become the head coach.

Bohl staying here benefits one person and that is Craig Bohl. In my view it does nothing for NDSU but create a very awkward situation.

BisonNation11
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Really?

We owe it to the guys on the team to give them the best opportunity to succeed. If you are saying that all the coaches who are going to Wyoming should go now out of spite, you have forgotten who that would hurt. Suppose the whole staff left, who would coach the team?

Bisonville, duh...

Sorry, I'm really torn with this whole situation and terrible, sarcastic humor is my only way of dealing with it.

unbison
12-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Yep get to getting

1st&TennBison
12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
No doubt your recruiting work is top notch, but you need lots of help on this subject. Yeah, lets boot a staff that is basically giving 2 week notice just like 90% of the decent people do when they leave a job. You would have all the big pieces of the staff if not all of them leave five days before the next game basically guaranteeing a loss. You have some serious screws loose on this matter. The biggest fear people should have had was that Bohl and the assistants were going to do what you suggested, I know that was mine and it looked like that was going to happen. Be happy the staff is staying to the end, it gives the players a way better chance to go all the way.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Bohl needs to go. His interests are not aligned with NDSU any longer.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM
No doubt your recruiting work is top notch, but you need lots of help on this subject. Yeah, lets boot a staff that is basically giving 2 week notice just like 90% of the decent people do when they leave a job. You would have all the big pieces of the staff if not all of them leave five days before the next game basically guaranteeing a loss. You have some serious screws loose on this matter. The biggest fear people should have had was that Bohl and the assistants were going to do what you suggested, I know that was mine and it looked like that was going to happen. Be happy the staff is staying to the end, it gives the players a way better chance to go all the way.

I'm fine with the assistants staying...I am in no way fine with coach Bohl staying. He is Wyoming's coach right now, not NDSU's.

Time for GT to give either Klieman or Vigen a shot to step up.

Bisonator98
12-08-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm fine with the assistants staying...I am in no way fine with coach Bohl staying. He is Wyoming's coach right now, not NDSU's.

This^^^^^.

unbison
12-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Lots of people are shown the door when they give their 2 weeks

BisonNation11
12-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Give me a defense any day. It will keep you in every ball game. Really hoping they give Klieman the opportunity if he wants it.

On a side note, we went out for dinner last night and were going to be at Lucky 13. Turns out all the assistants were there (I didn't see Bohl but didn't really notice them until we were leaving). The wait was too long for the rest in our party so we moved on. Boy, would I have loved to have been there last night when the news broke... That's the last time I let the women decide what we're doing.

CalBison97
12-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Agreed. I found it weird listening to him even talk about next week's opponent when I know he is no longer part of the future of the Bison.

EC8CH
12-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Bohl is done at NDSU. An interim coach should be appointed. I guess college football is business, and business is business.

Decide which assistant coach you want to try and hold onto and make a move.

StL Bison Fan
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Bohl said at half time the players make adjustments with their respective coaches. Bohl probably should go to Wy as he is their coach now. But whatever it takes to keep the guys calling the plays and working with the players needs to be done.
Weren't there two coaches from SHSU that were going somewhere else that coached the championship game?

Wally
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I wonder how much say the players will have in deciding whether or not Bohl stays on the sidelines for the remainder of the year. Especially the seniors.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I wonder how much say the players will have in deciding whether or not Bohl stays on the sidelines for the remainder of the year. Especially the seniors.

Well based on Kolpack's and Dom's tweets it seemed like he talked to the players for a long time, especially the captains.

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
The team will figure out a way for this year but the thing that concerns me is recruiting. Its not like this is a small class. A major miss this year could set us back hugely. Hopefully Gene gets our next leadership in position to continue to reload and keep the recruits we have that have verbaled to us. It's about the program, the program the program.

OCBison
12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
You'll boo?

Really?

Because the man is successful?

Wow!

EC8CH
12-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Taylor should decide what's best for NDSU and make the call. Bohls decision to leave now was made based on his best interests in minds. NDSUs should be made similarly.

Bisonwinagn
12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
I would leave it up to the players to decide if the coaches stay or go since they are the ones impacted. Either way is fine with me. I will be curious though how many people boo next week. Although emotions will likely change by then.

ZHerd
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
This time of year is often when FBS schools make coaching change overs, and of course Wyoming is going to announce it and try to get the new staff in and working. It just so happens that he is a good enough coach that his team routinely wins playoff games thus making there no really perfect time to do this for all parties. I really do wish him the best. He has brought many great years and memories to this program and given us not just one (which is excellent) but 2 championships, and a very fun team to watch. I appreciate the work he has put in and I really find it sad that some of you would turn on him like this and actually boo this man after the integral peice has been to this program this past decade. That is pretty shameful.

natstar1
12-08-2013, 05:18 PM
+1

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2013, 05:20 PM
You'll boo?

Really?

Because the man is successful?

Wow!

i wont boo, i also wouldn't cheer on Wyomings head coach either. he did well here and moved on with his life...and we do too.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Get Polasek back here, hopefully keep Kliemann or would hazelton come back?

HerdBot
12-08-2013, 05:21 PM
If keeping him on staff improves our chances of winning, keep him. If it hurts, let him leave.

VanClubPres
12-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I said it on twitter and I'll say it here,

People are going to boo. After tailgating 5 hours and the emotions of the day, it is going to happen. That is why that if indeed Bohl stays, he doesn't lead the team out. I don't think the players need to hear that shit.

bruinbison
12-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Found the tone of the Jeremy Jorgenson questions to Coach Bohl very interesting, as well as Coach Bohl's aswers to his status. My interpretation of his carefully chosen words were clearly putting his status right back to the person who is in charge -
Athletic Director Gene Taylor.
And, yes, GT is in charge of this decision.
So, to me it was very diplomatic on CB's part, and I was glad to hear him as willing to finish the season.
Now Gene Taylor has that tough decision to make, should CB finish the season, or have one new interim head coach, or perhaps
co-head-coaches - both coordinators handling their units.

Would there be an advantage to the new HC also then having coached the Bison to playoff success?
Someone from within the current staff, of course.
If the team wins it all, the National Championship would then be on their resume.
I remember this happening at Michigan years ago in basketball, with Steve Fischer taking over going into the NCAA's. Michigan did win it all, but Fischer's career at Michigan was still rocky after that, so I haven't a strong opinion on my own question.

Anyways, enough rambling, thanks Coach Bohl for the 11 years, and good luck in Wyoming!
And most importantly, go Bison! Ron Erhardt also left for new challenges and better paying jobs.....
And NDSU has much beloved history in the times since his storied career in Fargo.

OCBison
12-08-2013, 05:27 PM

Come on! That's a bit extreme.

He's not a terrible person. He just had an opportunity presented to him that he though was better than the one he currently had.

Folks on this board have had no problem calling for the head of various coaches. A decision that would obviously have serious negative consequences on the coach and their family.

Now Coach Bohl makes a decision that he hopes will have a very a positive impact on his future and, yes, his bank account, and everyone gets all twitterpated and says that he's a terrible person.

College sports is a BUSINESS and these are the sorts of things that happen in business. Ya better get used to it because it's going to keep happening again and again and again.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 05:30 PM

GT needs to get out in front of this and make some decisions. He also needs to let the players know what the hell is actually going on/gonna happen. Doing so would also benefit us fans.

Swaghook
12-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Booing is not the answer. The team does not need to hear it. Coach Bohl will not deserve it. He deserves a thank you for the 11 years he did give us. It's not easy to go through change but change is inevitable it is how one handles such a change which is most important. This is a program that was built long before many of us even knew Bohl existed, it is a program that will continue long after this has passed into Bison lore. Stand and cheer for your team they deserve that much from the fans.

HerdBot
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
i wont boo, i also wouldn't cheer on Wyomings head coach either. he did well here and moved on with his life...and we do too.

I won't boo if he wants to finish the job. Last night we thought he was gone already and gutted our staff. He didn't. Hopefully lessons are learned about the power of social media. I feel better about the situation today

td577
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Come on! That's a bit extreme.

He's not a terrible person. He just had an opportunity presented to him that he though was better than the one he currently had.

Folks on this board have had no problem calling for the head of various coaches. A decision that would obviously have serious negative consequences on the coach and their family.

Now Coach Bohl makes a decision that he hopes will have a very a positive impact on his future and, yes, his bank account, and everyone gets all twitterpated and says that he's a terrible person.

College sports is a BUSINESS and these are the sorts of things that happen in business. Ya better get used to it because it's going to keep happening again and again and again.

It only keeps happening again and again if this program is successful. That is a good thing. Until we are FBS and playing in a BCS conference, NDSU will be and should be a stepping stone for larger opportunities. While I could see Bohl doing another 10 years and retiring from here, I mostly don't want to see coaches who are satisfied with anything but trying to reach the pinnacle of their profession. This might be the pinnacle of FCS, but not the pinnacle of college coaching. Being a stepping stone can be a very good thing if handled properly. We hire coaches who are hungry and good, on the verge of great looking to leave a positive lasting mark. If CB said that was his entire gameplan here at NDSU, he followed it perfectly to land an opportunity with even greater rewards. All the while, leaving this program in better shape then how he found it 11 years ago.

The_Sicatoka
12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure which would be a bigger distraction to your team:

- Bohl on the sideline vs. CC
- Bohl not on the sideline vs. CC

Taylor has a tough call to make.

td577
12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
GT needs to get out in front of this and make some decisions. He also needs to let the players know what the hell is actually going on/gonna happen. Doing so would also benefit us fans.

I would venture to guess GT is as far in front of this as he can be with like 16 hours of notice. I would also guess he is all about getting the players on board with the plan before he goes public with his decisions. If this was 20 years ago, we would be prisoners to the waiting game because the only outlet we would have is the coffee shop and the local news. Now we get the instantaneous ability to comment 24/7 about anything while wanting everyone else to be on the same schedule. Today was a scheduled off day for the players and I am sure when they are scheduled to go back to practice, their direction will be set.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I would venture to guess GT is as far in front of this as he can be with like 16 hours of notice. I would also guess he is all about getting the players on board with the plan before he goes public with his decisions. If this was 20 years ago, we would be prisoners to the waiting game because the only outlet we would have is the coffee shop and the local news. Now we get the instantaneous ability to comment 24/7 about anything while wanting everyone else to be on the same schedule. Today was a scheduled off day for the players and I am sure when they are scheduled to go back to practice, their direction will be set.

Normal routine is not Sunday off.

Swaghook
12-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

We're seeing a lot of the classic signs of the 5 stages of loss. Can we just hurry up and get to #5 and let the team do what the team does best....Win!

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Totally agree just add in recruits with the players. They are still wondering on Twitter what is going on and when they are going to be contacted. They have came together so well as a class already if we can get the communication going we may just keep a lot of them in the PROGRAM!!!!!

No_Skill
12-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Anyone else think it goes down like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQ62B8xdJc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

roadwarrior
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I will be highly embarrassed to be a Bison fan if I hear any booing next Saturday. We need to support our TEAM more than ever now. Booing has never had a place in Bison football as long as I have watched it.

ACECON
12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Was this interview live TV or a radio broadcast? Is there a link to it?

EC8CH
12-08-2013, 06:14 PM
At this stage in the season how important is Bohls presence to the success of the team?

Yes there is no good timing for coaching changes, but there is timing that would be better for NDSU and timing that would be better for Wyoming. Make no doubt in this case it is the latter and that is why it is being announced during the Bisons playoff run and not after. As of today Bohls biggest asset is as a recruiting tool for Wyoming. NDSU should cut him loose now and put their future HC on the sidelines for the rest of the season, not Wyoming's

Why let the guy who is leaving dictate the terms when his future employer dictated the announcement to be made at such a bad time for NDSU. Its a bad deal, but it has been forced by the timing that best suits Bohl and his future employer, so it is left to NDSU to make the best of it for themselves as best they can.

Sorry to see him go, but NDSU needs to look forward.

bisoningrandforks
12-08-2013, 06:15 PM
thank you road... I agree!

td577
12-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Normal routine is not Sunday off.

Ok, whatever routine they are on doesn't really matter. At this point, whatever their Sunday routine is can be lead by seniors.

The main point is there has to be a little more patience than expecting GT to have a plan for the fans within moments of piecing everything together on his end. Just because the internet has conditioned us for immediate response, it is perfectly reasonable to let the man develop a plan, share it with the team, and then share it with the fans and boosters. An expectation for an immediate response is very unreasonable.

I pretty much always agree with you, but I am pretty sure when you present everything to a judge you don't seriously expect an immediate response when they tell you it will come in due time. In GT we should trust. He didn't create the mess.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 06:17 PM

You always give your players the resources to be successful. Your list doesnt accomplish that. The people that are in place are the reasons we are where we are. This is whats best for the team. Gutting the coaching staff does nothing but throw the team to the wolves.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Ok, whatever routine they are on doesn't really matter. At this point, whatever their Sunday routine is can be lead by seniors.

The main point is there has to be a little more patience than expecting GT to have a plan for the fans within moments of piecing everything together on his end. Just because the internet has conditioned us for immediate response, it is perfectly reasonable to let the man develop a plan, share it with the team, and then share it with the fans and boosters. An expectation for an immediate response is very unreasonable.

I pretty much always agree with you, but I am pretty sure when you present everything to a judge you don't seriously expect an immediate response when they tell you it will come in due time. In GT we should trust. He didn't create the mess.

I didn't mean it the way you are interpreting it; i.e., immediate response. I meant he needs to collect info, analyze and make decisions as soon as he possible can and get that message out to ALL who may be and are connected to program-->players, fans, recruits, etc.

td577
12-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I didn't mean it the way you are interpreting it; i.e., immediate response. I meant he needs to collect info, analyze and make decisions as soon as he possible can and get that message out to ALL who may be and are connected to program-->players, fans, recruits, etc.

Yes. I completely agree.

onbison09
12-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Damn I really hope the assistants will stay.

No_Skill
12-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Damn I really hope the assistants will stay.

I don't see how we won't be raided. Not a pleasant thought indeed.

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I will be highly embarrassed to be a Bison fan if I hear any booing next Saturday. We need to support our TEAM more than ever now. Booing has never had a place in Bison football as long as I have watched it.

Well said Road!!!!!

If he decides to stay and coach why would you boo?????? :facepalm:

onbison09
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't see how we won't be raided. Not a pleasant thought indeed.
I've heard they love him. It'd be easy to see why.

IBleedYellow
12-08-2013, 06:43 PM
We will be a gutted deer when this is done. It's going to hurt.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM

You are dead on Road. This is about OUR University, Not Bohl. NDSU deserves to be cheered on as they take to the field on Saturday. No one is more irritated about how this came down than me, but while Bohl handled this poorly, that is not the fault of NDSU or our team. I am a proud alumnus of NDSU and will always cheer the Herd on!

BisBison
12-08-2013, 06:45 PM
If Bohl is booed after all he's done for us I will be embarrassed beyond belief. If he wants to stay the year and the players want him to stay and GT is agreeable that means our best chance for a championship is for him to stay. (That is what we're shooting for isn't it?) Who could blame him for leaving for that kind if $$$? $1.2M more every year for the next 4 years is about $5 million by my math. He can set his family up for several generations with this. Who wouldn't take that deal? Did we really think he was going to stay forever? Grow effing up!

dewey
12-08-2013, 06:49 PM
You are dead on Road. This is about OUR University, Not Bohl. NDSU deserves to be cheered on as they take to the field on Saturday. No one is more irritated about how this came down than me, but while Bohl handled this poorly, that is not the fault of NDSU or our team. I am a proud alumnus of NDSU and will always cheer the Herd on!

Well said WY! I will make sure that everyone in our group is cheering.

Dewey

Bison Gal
12-08-2013, 06:51 PM
We can hire new coaches (Scottie Hazelton sounds fantastic to me)........the dynasty will continue. My biggest concern right now is the 2014 recruiting class. Hopefully someone is contacting them and reassuring them they've made an excellent choice.....

Go Bison!!!

NDSUBowler
12-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I will likely have strong words for anyone that boos on Saturday. Support your team, dammit.

walknroehl
12-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Everyone calling for boos is NOT a Bison fan. That's plain and simple. I think you people would be butt hurt if this didn't come out until after the season too. People really aren't being fair. I get that some are upset the players found out at the same time as the rest of us but if there was a leak I can't jump on Bohl for that.

Another thing about wanting him gone now. What is technically official or "legal"? He is not WY coach officially yet. If GT says to move on now are we technically firing him or breaking our side of the contract and now have to pay him a buyout? I mean we don't have any performance reasons to fire him. Did Wyoming leak this to try stirring up drama so we would fire him and get them out of covering the $400k buyout?

These may be stupid questions of course but don't fault me I am but a lowly internet poster not a contract lawyer.

Herd
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
To quote Bo Schembeckler curcuit 1989, "a Michigan Guy will coach Michigan". bye bye Bill Frieder.

344Johnson
12-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Might be a great time to take the Wyoming thing out of your signature block....just sayin<----

We can hire new coaches (Scottie Hazeltine sounds fantastic to me)........the dynasty will continue. My biggest concern right now is the 2014 recruiting class. Hopefully someone is contacting them and reassuring them they've made an excellent choice.....

Go Bison!!!

Hazelton would be great. I'm sure Gene will do an excellent job.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Might be a great time to take the Wyoming thing out of your signature block....just sayin<----

Well, it is still where I live.........

tony
12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
The day a person considers booing when the Bison come through the tunnel is the day that person should reconsider their outlook on life. :)

marenlee
12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
There. It should be settled. The players wanted CB to finish.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM

Source.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

99Bison
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Um, you watching the press conference?

UncleBuck
12-08-2013, 07:13 PM

My take:

If the players want him to finish, let him, they are the ones that put in all the time working with him. Respect their decision
Bohl has done a lot for NDSU, just look at the national attention this year, this is the best time, for him, to move up. The timing just wasn't opportune.
This could be a motivating factor, to finish, undefeated, and three-peat national champions. Win it all one last time for old baldy.
Don't boo him, be classy, give him a classy sendoff. Show the country and football fans that Once a Bison, always a Bison is more than just a saying.
Recruiting, I don't know what the NCAA recruiting rules are, but if Bohl can't recruit for NDSU anymore, why can't Gene bring in a recruiting task force to retain recruits obtained under Bohl.
If the rumor pans out that Wyoming will join Big 12, Bohl is shrewd.
Bison fans all knew this day was coming. It's here.

onbison09
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
My take:

If the players want him to finish, let him, they are the ones that put in all the time working with him. Respect their decision
Bohl has done a lot for NDSU, just look at the national attention this year, this is the best time, for him, to move up. The timing just wasn't opportune.
This could be a motivating factor, to finish, undefeated, and three-peat national champions. Win it all one last time for old baldy.
Don't boo him, be classy, give him a classy sendoff. Show the country and football fans that Once a Bison, always a Bison is more than just a saying.
Recruiting, I don't know what the NCAA recruiting rules are, but if Bohl can't recruit for NDSU anymore, why can't Gene bring in a recruiting task force to retain recruits obtained under Bohl.
If the rumor pans out that Wyoming will join Big 12, Bohl is shrewd.
Bison fans all knew this day was coming. It's here.

How can we enforce the recruiting clause though?

reformedUNDfan
12-08-2013, 07:17 PM

i don't think we have to worry too much. Wyoming has vastly different needs on the recruiting trail and getting people to Laramie will not be as easy as Fargo.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 07:17 PM

I don't think we can....it is bs......what would be the penalty?

heckler
12-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm ok if people boo. I don't care one way or the other. But I think our captains should lead our team on the field vs bohl.

Sun Bison
12-08-2013, 07:21 PM
This makes no sense. He can't both be Wyoming's head coach and win the FCS national championship. Cut him loose. Let him buy a ticket if he wants to be there so badly.

heckler
12-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Questions I have:

Who is recruiting for us then? Who would be recruiting for wyo? When do we hire a coach and his staff for recruiting and getting things ready for next year?

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Questions I have:

Who is recruiting for us then? Who would be recruiting for wyo? When do we hire a coach and his staff for recruiting and getting things ready for next year?

It seems to me that WYO has basically given up a lot of recruiting opportunity so Bohl can finish out at NDSU. But, what timing and what a shit show.

Tatanka
12-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Questions I have:

Who is recruiting for us then? Who would be recruiting for wyo? When do we hire a coach and his staff?

1) Damn good question
2) Good question
3) Per GT presser, he's checking into university policy and procedure, and whether or not the position needs to be opened up (which has procedure attached to it just like up at un_) or whether an "emergency hire" is an option. GT is no dummy. He's got a short list already, and the rest of the conversation is a matter of procedure.

Bison 4 Life
12-08-2013, 07:28 PM
I don't think we can....it is bs......what would be the penalty?

It could be in the contract. GT doesn't seem worried.

heckler
12-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Will we hire right away and have two teams of coaches and staff? Seems really weird.

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Questions I have:

Between now and his departure. GT I am sure will talk with Bohl and find out who he will offer to go with him. GT will then talk with those coaches and find out who will be going. That will give him the information on who needs to be replaced and possibly who might be our new head coach if it comes from within.

GradBison
12-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Will we hire right away and have two teams of coaches and staff? Seems really weird.

GT said that's a possibility, new coach hired while Bohl finishes the run.

td577
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
i don't think we have to worry too much. Wyoming has vastly different needs on the recruiting trail and getting people to Laramie will not be as easy as Fargo.

While I agree with having to recruit a different type of player, I don't think it would be any more difficult to get a kid to go to Laramie vs. Fargo. Nice area, close to a few different population centers.

I do think if we lose current recruits it will be to regional programs for those kids, not Wyoming.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
This makes no sense. He can't both be Wyoming's head coach and win the FCS national championship. Cut him loose. Let him buy a ticket if he wants to be there so badly.

I feel this will create a lot of rift within the team. But GT said, it was the team captains that decided Bohl should stay until the end of the season.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 07:35 PM
I feel this will create a lot of rift within the team. But GT said, it was the team captains that decided Bohl should stay until the end of the season.

But in reality you have no clue about the team dynamics......just like the rest of us.

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Not so much!!!! (I know am getting old and its been a while) I took a visit and came close to being a Cowboy----NICE: Area, campus, town----Not so much

While I agree with having to recruit a different type of player, I don't think it would be any more difficult to get a kid to go to Laramie vs. Fargo. Nice area, close to a few different population centers.

I do think if we lose current recruits it will be to regional programs for those kids, not Wyoming.

gumby013
12-08-2013, 07:40 PM
In case anyone wants to track the plane...

http://www.flightradar24.com/N62GT

aces1180
12-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't like idea that he is staying to coach, but it's not my decision...If any of you think any booing is intended for the players, you are pretty clueless...Any booing will be towards Bohl and I won't have any issue with it. I doubt I will, but I won't harass those that do.

GradBison
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't like idea that he is staying to coach, but it's not my decision...If any of you think any booing is intended for the players, you are pretty clueless...Any booing will be towards Bohl and I won't have any issue with it. I doubt I will, but I won't harass those that do.

And the reason for the booing would be?

td577
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Not so much!!!! (I know am getting old and its been a while) I took a visit and came close to being a Cowboy----NICE: Area, campus, town----Not so much

It's not that far from nice areas. Not everyone feels Fargo is this bastion of incredible beauty either. One of the features always mentioned about Fargo is how it's close to the lakes area. Laramie is close to nice areas.

NDSUBowler
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
All booing is clueless and embarrassing.

Bison56
12-08-2013, 07:49 PM
All booing is clueless and embarrassing.

If you are going to boo stay home. If the players are glad he is staying that's all that matters.

heckler
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't care if people cheer, stand and do nothing, or boo but I think the captains of the team should lead them out and not bohl.

ndsubison1
12-08-2013, 07:53 PM

easton stick tweeted: "Should have played baseball." I see some decommits in the future

aces1180
12-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't care if people cheer, stand and do nothing, or boo but I think the captains of the team should lead them out and not bohl.

Well said...I'm at the game for the players and the team.

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Why it was the captains who made the decision for him to remain...it seems like on this Team they decide. I support their decisions

ndsubison1
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM

:facepalm: i hope not. i hope fans dont but some prolly will. its the nature of the beast. theres no right time to leave in college football. this is proticol in FBS

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
easton stick tweeted: "Should have played baseball." I see some decommits in the future

I think we are in deep on this front.

heckler
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Why it was the captains who made the decision for him to remain...it seems like on this Team they decide. I support their decisions

You just made my point. The captains decided, they are the true leaders of this team. That's why they should lead them out of the tunnel.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Nobody is talking about what our players are going through and everybody is worried about Bohl. Lets talk about how to rally our players and support them in this 3peat process.

I like to see Brock leading the players out of the tunnel.

BISONFAN4LIFE
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
If the players wanted Bohl to remain, he should lead the team out. For those of you that want to boo, stay home! Did anyone rip Tim Myles apart when he left? All the experts need to shut up, cheer the team on, and see how this plays out.

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
What like Gangland....ahhhh, I mean Denver. Having had embarked yearly on a pilgrimage to the fine city of Laramie and across the great waste land that is WY (throughout my formative years); I tend to disagree. But I concede that its all in the eye of the beholder.

(No offense to my Wyoming friends.....I have a lot of fond memories)

It's not that far from nice areas. Not everyone feels Fargo is this bastion of incredible beauty either. One of the features always mentioned about Fargo is how it's close to the lakes area. Laramie is close to nice areas.

td577
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Nobody is talking about what our players are going through and everybody is worried about Bohl. Lets talk about how to rally our players and support them in this 3peat process.

Regardless of what coaches are doing, I don't think there is any question about where the player's focus is at. I am sure GT and the seniors have impressed on all that their business is about right now. The long term coaching stuff will get taken care of by the administration.

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I think there are more than a few threads talking about this!

MAKBison
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Right, unless they want CB to do it....Its there call not yours or mine. Thats my point.

You just made my point. Th

e captains decided, they are the true leaders of this team. That's why they should lead them out of the tunnel.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
I think this team can still win if bohl and staff stay through playoffs. If not, i think we dont 3 peat without consistent team direction. Would love nothing more than for bohl to leave and the players to prove me wrong.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
If the players wanted Bohl to remain, he should lead the team out. For those of you that want to boo, stay home! Did anyone rip Tim Myles apart when he left? All the experts need to shut up, cheer the team on, and see how this plays out.

Wyoming is going to use this opportunity and say, "Look our Head Coach is leading the Bison Nation to victory" and use that as a recruiting advantage.

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2013, 08:19 PM

We really need to start damage control with the recruits ASAP. Let them know that our program and traditions are strong and we intend to move forward and be the team to beat for many years to come. What a cluster.

Ndsu84
12-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we all could keep our old girlfriend after we announce to the world that we have a new and better one.
Why would bohl consider leaving before the 3-peat.

Whatever the players want is best. Honestly everything the head coach does to win is already done. I think we 3 peat without bohl as long as we have the coordinators still in place.

aces1180
12-08-2013, 08:25 PM
We really need to start damage control with the recruits ASAP. Let them know that our program and traditions are strong and we intend to move forward and be the team to beat for many years to come. What a cluster.

Who is we? Fans/boosters can't be contacting recruits. Does Taylor and other staff do so?

heckler
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM

that's why you need a new coach in place

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2013, 08:32 PM
that's why you need a new coach in place

I agree.

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Who is we? Fans/boosters can't be contacting recruits. Does Taylor and other staff do so?

Ok, when I say "we", I mean NDSU. Obviously I'm not going to hit the road with a clipboard and NDSU cap and do my best Craig Bohl impression. But SOMEONE needs to reach out to those recruits and make sure they feel confident in the program's future.

Bison bison
12-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Somebody contact LAKES!!!

VanClubPres
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Somebody contact LAKES!!!

See some of our fans twitter accounts. There is already much stalking going on.

Swaghook
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Ok, when I say "we", I mean NDSU. Obviously I'm not going to hit the road with a clipboard and NDSU cap and do my best Craig Bohl impression. But SOMEONE needs to reach out to those recruits and make sure they feel confident in the program's future.

The program has a long history of success with many coaches the recruits that are worth having are the ones that have the maturity to know it is not one man that makes a program like NDSU's successful.

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
The program has a long history of success with many coaches the recruits that are worth having are the ones that have the maturity to know it is not one man that makes a program like NDSU's successful.

I agree, but I wouldn't expect a lot of high school kids with limited knowledge of NDSU to know that off hand. I think some of them feel left out to dry.

BisonTru
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
I have no problem with Bohl moving on. But we need to move on today and that means we need a new coach today albeit an interim. Give Bohl a plane ticket to Wyoming and say thanks and good bye.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Re: CCU @ NDSU Pregame Discussion
« Reply #89 on: Today at 03:03:41 PM »
NDSU AD just announced Bohls will continue to coach before leaving for Wyoming. What a mess. I truly believe this is the worst case scenario for that program.

http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57283.75

walknroehl
12-08-2013, 08:55 PM
"should have pwayed basebwall :(" ??

Yeah he sounds like a baseball player.

yukon
12-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I think NDSU has a little more class than this, there is no reason why Bohl shouldn't be able to coach thru the playoff run. Some of you posters need to take the blinders off, 95% of coaching jobs are stopovers, we should feel fortunate we had Bohl as long as we did. He deserves finishing the season. Remember, once a Bison always a Bison.

westnodak93bison
12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I think NDSU has a little more class than this, there is no reason why Bohl shouldn't be able to coach thru the playoff run. Some of you posters need to take the blinders off, 95% of coaching jobs are stopovers, we should feel fortunate we had Bohl as long as we did. He deserves finishing the season. Remember, once a Bison always a Bison.

Agree. We need to support the team. Period! Stay classy Bison Nation!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Well Bohl runs out with the team, how do you plan on separating the two when you cheer them coming out of the helmet. Unless for some reason Bohl comes out before the team and is waiting for them on the sideline when they come out.

ndsubison1
12-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Urban Meyer left Utah around this time for Florida. He continued to coach in their bowl game vs Pitt which was a BCS game btw and they still won big. I think the reason Bohl is staying is because hes taking assistants with him. Otherwise he would be gone and Vigen or Klieman would have been named interim coach. Somebody has to coach the team. Wyoming wanted to announce their new coach for obvious reasons

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
There was a time when coaches never left there teams when they were playing post season.
I have always hated seeing teams have great seasons and go to a bowl with out there head coaches because they left.

Ex Pat
12-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Stop the booing talk, it's bush league. He's one of the most important and successful figures in NDSU history. And he's leaving. We have the unique opportunity to enjoy the next three games while being aware of the gravity of the situation. Let's check the butt-hurt at the door and cheer our lungs out for the NORTH DAKOTA STATE BISON!

bisonhurdler
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
FBS teams hire in December. If the coach doesn't accept, they move onto their next choice. Since NDSU is usually playing in playoffs, there would never be good timing for a coach to leave. If the team is ok with him continuing to coaching them, then so am I. The only way for a coach to leave NDSU with good timing is if we are not playing in December, I don't think I like that option.

Kermit
12-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Urban Meyer left Utah around this time for Florida. He continued to coach in their bowl game vs Pitt which was a BCS game btw and they still won big. I think the reason Bohl is staying is because hes taking assistants with him. Otherwise he would be gone and Vigen or Klieman would have been named interim coach. Somebody has to coach the team. Wyoming wanted to announce their new coach for obvious reasons

You nailed it.

Bison Gal
12-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Great news - Marcus Collins just tweeted he is 100% committed to NDSU.... And wants the fans to know that.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Great news - Marcus Collins just tweeted he is 100% committed to NDSU.... And wants the fans to know that.

Awesome, Bison Nation fired up.

TheBisonIllustrated
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Swaney wrote a nice article about his thoughts on Bohl.

Read it below. (Feel free to move this to whatever thread it fits in)

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/2013/12/still-bison/

saltyshaker
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
In case anyone wants to track the plane...

http://www.flightradar24.com/N62GT
why would you want to do that unless you were planning to try to shoot it down with a missle.

JSUBison
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
why would you want to do that unless you were planning to try to shoot it down with a missle.

(Puts arm around shoulder) My friend, let me tell you little bit about bisonville.....

That flight tracker will be getting used pretty heavily by us rubes, lol.

NDSU
12-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Bohl gets 5 years @ 750k annually plus incentives....

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 10:45 PM
FBS teams hire in December. If the coach doesn't accept, they move onto their next choice. Since NDSU is usually playing in playoffs, there would never be good timing for a coach to leave. If the team is ok with him continuing to coaching them, then so am I. The only way for a coach to leave NDSU with good timing is if we are not playing in December, I don't think I like that option.

Exactly!!!!

56BISON73
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM

Agree with everything but the bold.

CalBison97
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM

FINALLY something positive since the Furman game ended. Thanks, Gal, I needed that!

99Bison
12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
FINALLY something positive since the Furman game ended. Thanks, Gal, I needed that!

Props to him for recognizing it's important to fans and posting that. For one thing it shows he understands it's the program and that's some good leadership for others to see.

Bison bison
12-08-2013, 11:12 PM

Awesome.

Thanks for posting that.

CivilBison96
12-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I am happy that he and the assistants are staying on for the duration of the playoffs, however I am in the camp that Bohl should not be the one to lead the team out of the locker room and the tunnel walk. I want to see 16 and 34 be the first ones through that door. Every game all the other coaches make it to the sidelines (and pressbox) without the crowd ever seeing them on the video boards, Bohl needs to take the same path as those assistants from this point on.

I hope if there is any evidence of boos that the crowd cheering raises their effort level to drown those idiots out.

IzzyFlexion
12-08-2013, 11:48 PM

Mr. Collins.
If you're following Bisonville, thanks for honoring your commitment and talking a bunch good Bison fans off of the ledge.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 11:52 PM
So is Bohl still going to be doing Bison feedback? If so we might be in for an interesting show tomorrow.

Hammerhead
12-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind that even if NDSU was in the MWC, we'd still be a stepping stone -- see Chris Peterson going from Boise State to Washington. Then again, U Dub, is a stepping stone to USC!

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Keep in mind that even if NDSU was in the MWC, we'd still be a stepping stone -- see Chris Peterson going from Boise State to Washington. Then again, U Dub, is a stepping stone to USC!

Only until we are in the SEC!

bisonmike2
12-09-2013, 05:20 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

I take it you are enjoying watching NDSU's latest run in the playoffs. How's UNI doing? Have you guys started off season workouts yet?