PDA

View Full Version : FCS vs FBS cost

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Sorry if this been covered. Not so much about wanting to go or not go FBS.

Wondering if anyone knows exactly what makes up the cost difference of FBS teams vs FCS. Bohl is speculated to make around $1 more in base salary at Wyoming than what he was making here. SO what goes into that? Does their Teammakers make more money? Are they getting money from some other type of resources that an institution like NDSU isn't? NDSU has a significantly bigger fanbase than Wyoming, and I won't even go into sales of clothing, and what the fanbase puts into it. It sure isn't the other sports.

This isn't Wyoming vs NDSU. This is lower level FBS teams vs NDSU. Fargo is growing steadily and is an economically great situation along with the State. It has a fanbase that puts money into the program. It sells out 19k every homegame. NDSU beats Wyomings attendance figures (along with many others). SO how come NDSU can't pay coaches like lower level FBS. How can programs like MTSU, NMSU, UNT, Eastern MIchigan, etc, etc, etc, pay coaches significantly more than NDSU. They have no tradition, worse attendance, a fanbase that doesn't even come close to supporting like Bisonnation, etc.

So where does money come from that the lower level FBS teams spend for an FBS program, and is it just too much for NDSU?

I haven't followed this discussion, so I'm sorry if this is coming across as really ignorant.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 05:12 AM
The money likely comes from the student body and state general fund/other school revenue streams.

Wyo has a $30 million athletic budget and a $15.2 million subsidy to go with it.

NDSU has a $16.8 million athletic bdget and a $7.26 million subsidy.