PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Thoughts

IowaBisonToo
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Way to many posts so I'm starting my own thread with my comments. *Sorry for any repetition.

AWESOME GAME!!!! :D *One of the best game experiences I've ever had. *Bison are truly a team to be taken seriously. *To bad the NCAA wouldn't make an exception for letting a team into the playoffs. *Bison to the Nat'l Champ game!

The atmosphere on the plaza before the game was incredible! *A lot of green and a lot of fun with the Gopher fans that were there.

NDSU fans were awesome! *My sister and her family (Gopher fans) were in the upper deck above the band and she said the Bison fans were louder than the Gopher fans. *My brother-in-law was more than embarassed being a Gopher fan on Saturday. *He said the Bison are a team to be taken seriously throughout college football.

On a sour note (this I'm sure is the exception, not the rule) there were 2 Gohper fans sitting a few rows below us and were rooting for their team like a true fan should. *However, there was a Bison fan that kept throwing profanity-laced comments their way late in the game - and extremely poor representation of a Bison fan. *Thankfully, he was the only one in our section like that.

Media thoughts: Glad to see Sid eating some crow in the paper yesterday. *On the radio, Mike Max was saying he would much rather see a regional game with NDSU/SDSU in the future than games against schools like Temple. *After looking at the attendance figures somebody else posted earlier, Maturi better be thinking the same thing. *Let's see, 45K for Temple or 62K for NDSU??? :-/

Funniest part of the day - Gopher athletes jumping up and down as time expired like they won the Rose Bowl. *Second funniest - Gopher student section cheering for their team after the win. *However, as Mason was walking towards the tunnel, they all quit cheering, cupped their hands to their mouths and booed Mason with as much ferver as I've ever seen. *What a riot ;D

Can't wait to go back next year!!!!!!!!!!

bincitysioux
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Hats off to NDSU for playing a solid game this weekend against a Big 10 opponent. :)

IowaBison
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Hats off to NDSU for playing a solid game this weekend against a Big 10 opponent. :)

C'mon, people now. Smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another right now.

:)

PartTime
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
My weekend thoughts? I was impressed! I was able to watch about 3/4 of game on Saturday. The Bison moved the ball well. It's been a few years since I've seen the Bison play, different look to them than years past, different style of play. Anyways, congrats NDSU! you did North Dakota and NDSU proud.

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Almost all of the UND fans have been very gracious and complimentary of the Bison. *They have a few assholes, but so do we. *Hell, most of us are North Dakotans or Minnesotans at either place......do people get any better than that?!?!

Hell No!