PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't the A.D. Commented on Bohl

FarSouth Bison
12-08-2013, 04:25 AM
For the life of me,I don't understand why G.T. hasn't commented on Bohl leaving?

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 04:29 AM
For the life of me,I don't understand why G.T. hasn't commented on Bohl leaving?

GT probably has a lot on his plate right now...I'd expect an announcement in the morning.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Sitting here in Orlando wondering the same thing.....my complete speculation:

1. I bet Gene did not know. Thought I read that somewhere.....was it Kolpack?
2. Gene has his hands full. In my mind, since he's the boss, he needs to make some quick decisions. I am sure he had a long talk with Bohl when the cat was out and they quickly planned a transition. I have to think they discussed who will eventually go with him; if I'm Gene, he gets no coaches until the playoffs are complete. I would think Gene also asked him who, internally, is ready to be a head coach, not to mention who should be interim. Gene has to look out for NDSU so no matter who Bohl plans to take with him, if I'm Gene I start a hard press to get one high profile assistant to not leave with Bohl promising a fair shot at the head job. He also needs that person to settle down recruits
3. After this, he would still need to process this. I am sure he also got advice from peers who have been through this.
4. At that point, he needs to make some quick decisions. This has to then vet it with the President.
5. Finally, to put together a formal statement takes time. He won't put that out until he has his plan. He will also probably need to plan a press conference for tomorrow.

Its going to be a late night for Gene.

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Gene Taylor is under lot of stress right now

FarSouth Bison
12-08-2013, 04:51 AM
I hope GT helped Bolh clean out his office tonight. Rumors have it he is taking the whole staff with him, I just wonder if the former coach has any remorse in the way things went down. And if Kolpack or Izzo will get a one on one interview?

DIBISON
12-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Two reasons. #1 GT did not know until the story broke and #2 there is a team meeting at 9 am Sunday. Why should he comment to the public before those affected the most are talked to?

GOBISON123
12-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Two reasons. #1 GT did not know until the story broke and #2 there is a team meeting at 9 am Sunday. Why should he comment to the public before those affected the most are talked to?

My thoughts Exactly.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Honestly folks, when coach leaves, they often take assistants with them. That is normal. Why is this dickish?

And, honestly, do any of you really think any of those coaches will leave before the playoff run is complete? I'll take that bet.

Blair
12-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Listening to Gene on KFGO on the ride home, I thought he sounded short, and more easily irritated. It was the first red flag when I heard the news about Bohl going to Wyoming.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 05:06 AM

I thought Bohl was gonna be on a plane to WYO in the morning. U mean he is gonna let GT tell the team?! Classless if that is the case.

SUmthin' don't smell right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Strommer10
12-08-2013, 05:09 AM
This is probably not realistic, but I hope the assistants stay through playoffs. If they don't, were in trouble.:(

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2013, 05:11 AM
This is probably not realistic, but I hope the assistants stay through playoffs. If they don't, were in trouble.:(

gee you think?

Bison03
12-08-2013, 05:17 AM
Hire Grant Olson, save season!!

onbison09
12-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Every good AD has a short-list in mind and I'm sure GT worked the phones as soon as he heard.

CalBison97
12-08-2013, 05:38 AM
In Gene I Trust.

onbison09
12-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Still, it's weird he got blindsided?

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2013, 05:43 AM

Why would they leave. Bohl is staying through the playoffs.

CalBison97
12-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Still, it's weird he got blindsided?

I am willing to bet he had an emergency plan. I am also willing to bet he NEVER would have thought he would have to enact it during an in-season/playoff run.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Why would they leave. Bohl is staying through the playoffs.

Bohl can't be the head coach of two programs...it just won't work.

bisonhp330
12-08-2013, 05:46 AM
I will tell you why....GT is also leaving

onbison09
12-08-2013, 05:49 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Everybody_d72014_61779.gif

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 05:49 AM

If this is the case, there has been a well-kept secret at NDSU that we have yet to hear about, BHP.

Watcha got??

North Side
12-08-2013, 05:51 AM

get rid of your sig......

bisonhp330
12-08-2013, 05:59 AM
If this is the case, there has been a well-kept secret at NDSU that we have yet to hear about, BHP.

Watcha got??

get rid of your sig......

way ahead of u ns....had to switch to the computer

as far as the rest I'm not playing chicken little....I sought to dispel the Bohl rumor....instead I confirmed it.....and was thrown the other little tidbit

heffray
12-08-2013, 06:01 AM

as far as the rest I'm not playing chicken little....I sought to dispel the Bohl rumor....instead I confirmed it.....and was thrown the other little tidbit

So it's true?

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 06:02 AM

Where is he going?! And, if true, then he was more than smug with his comment that he knew nothing of Bohl leaving.

Also if true, I sense something is amiss at NDSU, and it is not good at all.

unbison
12-08-2013, 06:05 AM
who cares no 1 person is bigger than this program. Relax and go coach kliemann and caruso!

Herd
12-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Dorn and DeHoff are in charge of the FB program until Saul gets back late Wed night.

CAS4127
12-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Was WYO in need of a AD also?! If so, bhp may be on to something here that is bigger than we want it to be.

bisonhp330
12-08-2013, 06:08 AM
who cares no 1 person is bigger than this program. Relax and go coach kliemann and caruso!
Agreed...sr leadership...grant olson.....talked to a player his reply was 'we have the formula to win' regardless of who the coach is. I chooseto believe that.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Was WYO in need of a AD also?! If so, bhp may be on to something here that is bigger than we want it to be.

No Wyo has an AD that is in desperate need of making a home run hire.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm very surprised there's not a statement on go bison.com at this point. I know it's real but its still surprising that they don't have a statement out yet .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

missingnumber7
12-08-2013, 12:43 PM
It stipulates he would owe NDSU a $100,000 buyout if he takes another NCAA head coaching position. In a Forum story in late September, Taylor said, “I don’t see coach looking at any opportunities, I really don’t. I feel the reason he wanted to (sign an extension) so he didn’t have to worry about that stuff.”Gene either has his head in the sand or has been fooled twice by coaches going to the MWC. Because I believe he honestly thought Miles wasn't going to leave until they took that Senior class to the dance.

westnodak93bison
12-08-2013, 01:05 PM
This is weird. Someone pissed off someone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cbline
12-08-2013, 01:06 PM
This is weird. Someone pissed off someone.

Could you explain your speculation some more? Thanks.

westnodak93bison
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Not sure. Just a gut feeling. Something had to happen for this to shake out like it did.

Civil06
12-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Well Craig, enjoy the new company you chose. You know darn well that Gene wouldn't have disrespected you and leaked to the media.

KC Bison
12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Not really sure it matters if it was leaked out last night or formally announced this morning. Wyoming is supposed to have a press conference this morning. I would say Bohl coached his last Bison game. I did notice last night right near the end of the game that Bohl walked around and shook a lot of assistant coaches hands. At the time, it didn't mean anything to me but I do know this isn't his normal end of the game routine.

missingnumber7
12-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Not really sure it matters if it was leaked out last night or formally announced this morning. Wyoming is supposed to have a press conference this morning. I would say Bohl coached his last Bison game. I did notice last night right near the end of the game that Bohl walked around and shook a lot of assistant coaches hands. At the time, it didn't mean anything to me but I do know this isn't his normal end of the game routine.

This evening actually, but wouldn't it be absolutely hilarious if it was April 1st?

HerdBoy
12-08-2013, 02:01 PM
He is currently under sedation.

A1pigskin
12-08-2013, 02:23 PM
From the sounds of it, the AD didn't know either.