PDA

View Full Version : NDSU, top 25 finish hopes

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Call me a dreamer, but I want NDSU to finish in the AP top 25. Bowling Green is currently up on Northern Illinois for the MAC championship. I am routing for Bowling Green as that has to help NDSU's cause. Thoughts? Can NDSU do the unthinkable?

(By the way, for those who think the MAC is a step up (which I firmly reject), note they are playing on Friday night, not Saturday for their premier game of the season....)

JMB
12-07-2013, 01:44 AM
It would be cool, but I would be shocked if it happened. If I had a vote I don't think I would vote for us. 1) We are a different level of football, we have our own poll. 2) we haven't played FBS competition week in and week out. I think we are an excellent team and could compete very well in the non-bcs conferences, but we haven't proven it on the field.

Call me a dreamer, but I want NDSU to finish in the AP top 25. Bowling Green is currently up on Northern Illinois for the MAC championship. I am routing for Bowling Green as that has to help NDSU's cause. Thoughts? Can NDSU do the unthinkable?

(By the way, for those who think the MAC is a step up (which I firmly reject), note they are playing on Friday night, not Saturday for their premier game of the season....)

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM
It would be cool, but I would be shocked if it happened. If I had a vote I don't think I would vote for us. 1) We are a different level of football, we have our own poll. 2) we haven't played FBS competition week in and week out. I think we are an excellent team and could compete very well in the non-bcs conferences, but we haven't proven it on the field.

So, NIU is playing at a higher level of competition? That is simply false. Sagarin exposes all lies.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Bowling Green is up 31-13 right before halftime.

Hammersmith
12-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Bowling Green is up 31-13 right before halftime.

NIU's BCS bowl dreams are dead with a loss, correct?

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2013, 01:52 AM

Ya, pretty sure they are.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 01:57 AM

Sure looks like they are in my research. hoping they fall out of top 25 and create a new spot for you know who....

tjbison
12-07-2013, 02:29 AM

should be out no matter what

DjKyRo
12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
I think NDSU is definitely one of the top 25 teams in college football. Incredibly unlikely that they crack the top-25. Way more likely they finish with like 5 votes or something.

JMB
12-07-2013, 02:36 AM
So, NIU is playing at a higher level of competition? That is simply false. Sagarin exposes all lies.

Yes they are, they are playing in a higher division, the division that the poll is measuring. Hey I love it when we receive votes. It is awesome and I brag like hell about it. However I am not going to fault anyone who doesn't think we belong in there.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Yes they are, they are playing in a higher division, the division that the poll is measuring. Hey I love it when we receive votes. It is awesome and I brag like hell about it. However I am not going to fault anyone who doesn't think we belong in there.

So higher division means more scholarships? I think that is an extremely poor way to define a "higher level of play." I fault them.

And where does it say the top 25 is not the top 25? I guess I don't get your point.

tjbison
12-07-2013, 02:41 AM

the MAC isn't good, but I get what your saying

tjbison
12-07-2013, 02:41 AM
So higher division means more scholarships? I think that is an extremely poor way to define a "higher level of play." I fault them.

And where does it say the top 25 is not the top 25? I guess I don't get your point.

I agree with this also

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 02:42 AM

Sagarin? Really doesnt expose anything. We dont play in that division. We dont belong in the poll.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 02:42 AM
the MAC isn't good, but I get what your saying

I don't. I think folks who think that way have never thought it through and are dumb. I am NOT calling JMB dumb as he is just making the point on their logic.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2013, 02:46 AM
they said the MAC loses like 8 million if NIU loses this game

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 02:54 AM
Sagarin? Really doesnt expose anything. We dont play in that division. We dont belong in the poll.

Can you explain how, PL? Mathematics are a heck of a lot more accurate than opinion and if it is the best 25 teams, NDSU should be in it. It has nothing to do with perceived scholie level that I can find. FCS is a subdivision, not lower division.

JMB
12-07-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't. I think folks who think that way have never thought it through and are dumb. I am NOT calling JMB dumb as he is just making the point on their logic.

Ah the joys of polls. Imagine that is how they used to hand out national championships... Now they just use a slightly less screwed up system... :)

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Can you explain how, PL? Mathematics are a heck of a lot more accurate than opinion and if it is the best 25 teams, NDSU should be in it. It has nothing to do with perceived scholie level that I can find. FCS is a subdivision, not lower division.

Its the same reason why FSU, Auburn or Ohio St aren't #1 in the FCS polls.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 03:14 AM

But you are wrong on that. Those polls are specifically for FCS. Can you point out to me where it says the AP top 25 is only for FBS?

Fundamentally different. (hey guys, I realize that the voters probably are this dumb, but I am trying to point out how stupid this is and how it shits on NDSU.)

JMB
12-07-2013, 03:14 AM

Plus a lot of the national media isn't familiar with NDSU at all. I was listening to a radio show on the way home tonight and someone called in and asked about NDSU. they mentioned Brock's performance at Kansas State and asked the hosts their thoughts on Craig Bohl getting a chance at the next level. The hosts went on and on about how if Craig Bohl is good enough he could be a free agent signing for an NFL team....

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Plus a lot of the national media isn't familiar with NDSU at all. I was listening to a radio show on the way home tonight and someone called in and asked about NDSU. they mentioned Brock's performance at Kansas State and asked the hosts their thoughts on Craig Bohl getting a chance at the next level. The hosts went on and on about how if Craig Bohl is good enough he could be a free agent signing for an NFL team....

You know its sad but true....

tjbison
12-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Bowling green vs NIU game is proof of AGS.....

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 03:18 AM

Really? Renaming the division was a marketing---identity thing with the NCAA. The label wont change the fact that we are in a lower division. Do I think we are better than some teams in the BCS? Yes. But we were also better than some of those teams when we were in D2. We are what we are and we are who we are. Be proud of that.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Really? Renaming the division was a marketing---identity thing with the NCAA.

No, it is not. It is fundamentally different than D1 vs D2. Everyone of our other teams plays for the same national title every other d1 program plays for. That is simply not the case if D2 which is truly a lower division. That does make the football situation very different.

Think about it; our games count for FBS schools. They also count for us. The only difference is the scholies. We should be in the top 25 and anyone who does not at least consider that NDSU is a legit top 25 school is extremely small minded. ESPN would have never come if we were in a "lower division." Nor would we play K St, Col St, MN, etc.

westnodak93bison
12-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Sagarin is all that matters. It is the unbiased gold standard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Really? Renaming the division was a marketing---identity thing with the NCAA. The label wont change the fact that we are in a lower division. Do I think we are better than some teams in the BCS? Yes. But we were also better than some of those teams when we were in D2. We are what we are and we are who we are. Be proud of that.

I would say we don't belong in the FBS poll just like a FBS or D2 doesn't belong in the FCS poll. But Sagarin is for all D1 football. I think its generally pretty accurate. Unfortunately nobody in the general public outside of rubes follows it or cares

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 03:29 AM
I would say we don't belong in the FBS poll just like a FBS or D2 doesn't belong in the FCS poll. But Sagarin is for all D1 football. I think its generally pretty accurate. Unfortunately nobody in the general public outside of rubes follows it or cares

Can someone show me where the AP top 25 poll is only for FBS? I keep asking this yet no one answers. Cricket, cricket, cricket....

By the way Gabe, do you want ndsu to give back their vote they are getting?

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 03:54 AM

Yeah. I cant look at those numbers and really justify in my mind that we are really better than another team based on a mathematic formula to make me feel good about who we are. I cant go there.

tjbison
12-07-2013, 03:56 AM
let's all just be happy with the results NDSU puts on the field the hell with a ranking. if we bring 3 rings to these seniors that's mission accomplished in my eyes

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2013, 04:03 AM
But you are wrong on that. Those polls are specifically for FCS. Can you point out to me where it says the AP top 25 is only for FBS?

Fundamentally different. (hey guys, I realize that the voters probably are this dumb, but I am trying to point out how stupid this is and how it shits on NDSU.)
Its the AP poll. who the hell cares. I didnt think anybody in the world put actual stock into it. But we found the only one. go ahead SoCalledFan...lose sleep over a bunch of beat writers not giving NDSU props.

marenlee
12-07-2013, 12:58 PM
I'd like to see NDSU in the AP poll, not because I think they belong there, only because it's just more publicity for the school and the team. That is all.

semobison
12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Playoffs and our quest for the 3 peat begin today and we have a thread about polls?

A1pigskin
12-07-2013, 01:49 PM
IMO being in the top 25 will help recruiting.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Its the AP poll. who the hell cares. I didnt think anybody in the world put actual stock into it. But we found the only one. go ahead SoCalledFan...lose sleep over a bunch of beat writers not giving NDSU props.

Yep, I do care; I care a lot about this. Is it a bit silly? You bet, but for some selfish reason, I want to see people recognize, nationally, what NDSU has done. Honestly, I think finishing in the AP Top 25 may generate more press than the actual winning of the 3rd title.

As I said to a bunch of people before Brock plunged into the endzone against K St. Few will remember if we win a third national title, but many more will remember if we can win this game.

tcbison
12-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I am hoping that NDSU ends up being the only undefeated team in DI football when it is all said and done this year. I agree with socalledfan that if that happens NDSU should get votes in the top 25.

reformedUNDfan
12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Can someone show me where the AP top 25 poll is only for FBS? I keep asking this yet no one answers. Cricket, cricket, cricket....

By the way Gabe, do you want ndsu to give back their vote they are getting?

the ap poll allows you to vote for any ncaa football team.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2014, 03:49 PM
So, since we have clearly established that this poll if for the legit top 25 teams regardless of division, subdivision, can NDSU crack it tomorrow? My heart says yes, but my brain, and knowing irrational FBS bias, says no.

Herd12
01-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't think we're going to crack it sadly, but I think we'll be receiving more than a few votes.

riceweb
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
So, since we have clearly established that this poll if for the legit top 25 teams regardless of division, subdivision, can NDSU crack it tomorrow? My heart says yes, but my brain, and knowing irrational FBS bias, says no.

Probably need to start spamming AP voters on Twitter, to try and sneak the Bison in.

Although, "sneak" makes it sound like the Bison haven't earned it, even though I think they've earned it far more than Fresno St or NIU ever did, and NDSU is still undefeated and has been dominant in each victory.

DjKyRo
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Would love for it to happen, know it won't. Votes are very possible though; 5, maybe?

Sent from my microwave.

Gully
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Sagarin is the best indicator I've seen. Nothing is perfect but Sagarin does the best at comparing the relative strength of teams.

reformedUNDfan
01-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Would love for it to happen, know it won't. Votes are very possible though; 5, maybe?

Sent from my microwave.

so you are saying that NDSU will lose votes? :(

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2014, 04:30 PM
so you are saying that NDSU will lose votes? :(

Thought we were at 4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
01-06-2014, 04:36 PM
We did get 4 votes in the last regular season poll.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Others receiving votes: USC 74, Iowa 48, Miami (FL) 47, Vanderbilt 25, Texas 22, Cincinnati 11, Bowling Green 10, Washington 9, Rice 7, North Dakota State 4, Minnesota 2

gizmo
01-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Top 25? LOL!!! At this point in time the Bison should be in the top 10. But, since the FBS poll is Just a meaningless beauty contest...like that farce they call a "championship game" tonight. Why should we give a damn?
The NDSU Bison are the True National Champions who earned it on the field.
After talking to some knowledgeable Towson fans...former football coaches and college players who saw Towson play LSU this year, they had no doubt that NDSU's team was as good or better than LSU.
I agree.

GOB1SON
01-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Top 25? LOL!!! At this point in time the Bison should be in the top 10. But, since the FBS poll is Just a meaningless beauty contest...like that farce they call a "championship game" tonight. Why should we give a damn?
The NDSU Bison are the True National Champions who earned it on the field.
After talking to some knowledgeable Towson fans...former football coaches and college players who saw Towson play LSU this year, they had no doubt that NDSU's team was as good or better than LSU.
I agree.

Well there you go....

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2014, 05:11 PM
The NDSU Bison are the True National Champions wcho earned it on the field.
After talking to some knowledeable Towson fans...former football coaches and college players who saw Towson play LSU this year, they had no doubt that NDSU's team was as good or better than LSU.
I agree.

Giz, you are certainly correct but a top 25 story will give ndsu much more coverage in national media than title #3......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SamsRams
01-06-2014, 05:53 PM

Others receiving votes: USC 74, Iowa 48, Miami (FL) 47, Vanderbilt 25, Texas 22, Cincinnati 11, Bowling Green 10, Washington 9, Rice 7, North Dakota State 4, Minnesota 2

I don't know a lot about their poll but when i think 4 votes i think 4 people voted for ndsu. I do not believe this is the case. Saying usc got 74 votes can't be right since i don't believe their are 78 voters. I believe they got 4 points and 2 voters. Meaning one guy had them better than 25th. Am i way if base?

reformedUNDfan
01-06-2014, 05:57 PM

oops i thought it was eight

Hammersmith
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't know a lot about their poll but when i think 4 votes i think 4 people voted for ndsu. I do not believe this is the case. Saying usc got 74 votes can't be right since i don't believe their are 78 voters. I believe they got 4 points and 2 voters. Meaning one guy had them better than 25th. Am i way if base?

4 points is small enough that we can easily do all five possible combinations.

1 voter: 22nd(1)
2 voters: 23rd(1) + 25th(1); 24th(2)
3 voters: 24th(1) + 25th(2)
4 voters: 25th(4)

EndZoneQB
01-06-2014, 06:12 PM

As far as I know, you get 25 points for each first place vote, so you should get 1 for every 25th vote you get. It might be that two people had us at 24, but more likely that 4 had us at 25.

Edit: Hammer beat me to it. I should really refresh before I post on a stale page :)

semobison
01-06-2014, 06:28 PM

I believe their are around 60 voters in the AP poll. These guys are writers for newspapers and magazines around the country. 97% of these guys will never vote for a FCS team but there is usually one vote every year in the final poll for the FCS champion! We will end up in the also receiving votes category. We probably deserve better but folks, most likely a top 25 just ain't going to happen!

ndsansa
01-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I believe their are around 60 voters in the AP poll. These guys are writers for newspapers and magazines around the country. 97% of these guys will never vote for a FCS team but there is usually one vote every year in the final poll for the FCS champion! We will end up in the also receiving votes category. We probably deserve better but folks, most likely a top 25 just ain't going to happen!

I posted this earlier in a different thread. Here is the link to the 65 AP voters. I don't see how we can't make it, but it might not hurt reminding them.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/externa...rs.php?SITE=AP

westnodak93bison
01-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Sagarin is the best indicator I've seen. Nothing is perfect but Sagarin does the best at comparing the relative strength of teams.

Agree. The Gold Standard!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BisManBison
01-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Some love on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. Talking NDSU could finish as high as 15!!!

riceweb
01-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Some love on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. Talking NDSU could finish as high as 15!!!

Any idea what hour of the show?

Hammerhead
01-06-2014, 08:09 PM
7 of the teams ranked 11 - 25 lost their bowl game to that might not be too far off. Sagarin might have us at #15, but I think there are too many voters who think FCS is light years behind FBS.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2014, 08:10 PM

As much as I love hearing this, I just don't think the voters are smart enough to do this. Now, if we could get some 15 votes, I admit it would sure as heck help since they'd be worth more points!

riceweb
01-06-2014, 08:12 PM
As much as I love hearing this, I just don't think the voters are smart enough to do this. Now, if we could get some 15 votes, I admit it would sure as heck help since they'd be worth more points!

Probably need at least half of the voters putting us somewhere 20-25.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2014, 08:15 PM
All of this does beg a serious question and I don't know the answer:

In the age of social media, have teams tried to manipulate the voters? If so, how? Is NDSU doing anything to promote themselves? Should all of us be doing something? I admit, I am a social networking moron, so could use some step by step intructions.

riceweb
01-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Chris Murray and Bill Rabinowitz are the two that have voted for NDSU:

http://www.pollspeak.com/component/option,com_psreport/Itemid,3/lang,en/p,54/r,T/s,21/t1,275/v,/w,16/

Likely going to need to flip at least 10 to have a shot.

EightyfourBison
01-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Craig Bohl

North Dakota State

Under Coach Bohl in his 11th year, the Bison have gone undefeated at 15-0 with a big road win against defending Big 12 champions, Kansas State, in their opening game of the season, and a big win over Clemson in the FCS National Championship. The 2013 playoffs were their third win in a row under Coach Bohl who has also overseen the Bison’s latest 23-game win streak. Allowing their opponents an average of only 11.5 points per game, and an unmatched record of 42-2 over the past three seasons, the Bison are arguably the most dominant team in all of college football. This year, Coach Bohl was named the Missouri Valley Football Conference Coach of the Year, while eight of his players were also named first-team all-MVFC. Along with their success on the gridiron, the Bison also had six players named to the MVFC All-Academic Team.*

Hell, we beat Clemson. That should get us some votes.

*From Coach Bohl's bio on the Liberty Mutual award

EightyfourBison
01-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Chris Murray and Bill Rabinowitz are the two that have voted for NDSU:

http://www.pollspeak.com/component/option,com_psreport/Itemid,3/lang,en/p,54/r,T/s,21/t1,275/v,/w,16/

Likely going to need to flip at least 10 to have a shot.

Chris Fowler is one of the voters. He should be able to give us some love.

thebootfitter
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Sagarin is all that matters. It is the unbiased gold standard.

In a sense it is unbiased, but it does have some limitations. Given that it treats all sub-DI opponents the same and given there are limited FBS-FCS match ups to include in the data, there have to be assumptions that are made to mitigate these issues. The nature of these assumptions can introduce some bias.

It is my opinion that these factors have relatively little impact on the overall ratings and that FCS teams are generally placed about where they should be among FBS teams, but that's just a gut feel. I don't have any data to back that up.

One thing that is interesting is when you look across multiple rating systems, each with their own unique assumptions and biases, and yet you still see NDSU consistently #1 in the FCS and somewhere around #20-30 among all Division I teams. That gives the computer model argument a little more weight than only using one model. (Even if it happens to be arguably the best-established among them.)

VirginiaBison
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
One thing that is interesting is when you look across multiple rating systems, each with their own unique assumptions and biases, and yet you still see NDSU consistently #1 in the DC and somewhere around #20-30 among all Division I teams. That gives the computer model argument a little more weight than only using one model. (Even if it happens to be arguably the best-established among them.)

Is there a model that takes all the data from existing models at the end of the season and generates a concensus output?

thebootfitter
01-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Is there a model that takes all the data from existing models at the end of the season and generates a concensus output?
Not that I'm aware of, though some of the computer models (including the GPI) take the rankings from various sources and compile them to come up with their own consensus rankings. But even in that context, some assumptions need to be made, such as which of the rankings are "valid enough" to consider in the compilations.

thebootfitter
01-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Sagarin hasn't yet updated his figures (he will after tonight's game), but Massey (http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590) currently shows the Bison as #17 in all of Div I football. With the #5 ranked defense. Pretty impressive!

bdg64
01-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Did not make the top 25, but received 17 votes.

thebootfitter
01-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Did not make the top 25, but received 17 votes.

Yes, that's an FCS team with more votes than Texas Tech, Georgia, Iowa, Ole Miss, and Kansas State, to name a few others that actually received votes. Not to mention the likes of Michigan, Oregon State, and Boise State, none of which received any love at all in the poll.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2014, 10:53 AM
NDSU would be 29.

Hammerhead
01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Compughter ratings has NDSU at #19

http://www.compughterratings.com/CFB

Herd12
01-07-2014, 01:17 PM
We finished with 17 votes. 29th in AP. Not an accurate represenation of the quality of this team, but for a bunch of crusty old dudes it ain't bad.

HerdBot
01-07-2014, 01:22 PM
All of this does beg a serious question and I don't know the answer:

In the age of social media, have teams tried to manipulate the voters? If so, how? Is NDSU doing anything to promote themselves? Should all of us be doing something? I admit, I am a social networking moron, so could use some step by step intructions.

Start regionally... I shared the #17 sagarin with Ruesse , Paul Allen, and the kfan crew

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Start regionally... I shared the #17 sagarin with Ruesse , Paul Allen, and the kfan crew

The poll is out. too late for what I was talking about.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 02:32 PM
But..........I am sure that is by far the highest vote total a FCS team has ever received. It really is pretty incredible.

NDSU '96
01-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Per Izzo, highest ever FCS Sagarin finish was 1996 Marshall at #14.

Very good company.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Very good company.

Ahh.......good research......

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Very good company.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/randy%20moss%20marshall.jpg

SamsRams
01-07-2014, 04:17 PM

Sharing with people who don't vote doesn't really help. I did my best with twitter feed to promote this to actual ap voters. I feel it made some steps forward but there are just too many voters who refuse to consider a fcs team.

Sad part is i don't think any of the gameday crew voted ndsu. All the hype they gave only to turn their back on ndsu when it mattered

JDZ
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
To receive 17 votes, I'm guessing 17 people didn't vote NDSU at 25. So at least some of those who voted, gave NDSU a higher ranking.

NDSUstudent
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM
To receive 17 votes, I'm guessing 17 people didn't vote NDSU at 25. So at least some of those who voted, gave NDSU a higher ranking.

A reporter from Columbus voted NDSU 19th.

NDSUBowler
01-07-2014, 07:45 PM
These are the people that voted for NDSU and where they voted NDSU at.

http://vvcap.net/db/3DzV0eptgZSlHw_HmPWE.png

http://www.pollspeak.com/component/option,com_psreport/Itemid,3/lang,en/p,54/r,T/s,21/t1,275/v,/w,17/

Hammerhead
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
When the D1 transition started, I would have said you are crazy if you predicted that people would be comparing NDSU to FBS top 25 teams in just 10 years. :)

We finished with 17 votes. 29th in AP. Not an accurate represenation of the quality of this team, but for a bunch of crusty old dudes it ain't bad.

JSUBison
01-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Hits and misses in the AP Poll by bleacher report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1913935-ncaa-football-rankings-hits-and-misses-from-final-ap-top-25-poll/page/8

THEsocalledfan
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Hits and misses in the AP Poll by bleacher report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1913935-ncaa-football-rankings-hits-and-misses-from-final-ap-top-25-poll/page/8

They should have been ranked higher; he missed that part.