PDA

View Full Version : Tickets released buy them now!!

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 01:21 PM
The returned Furman tickets and player family tickets just went in sale. Single endzones available too. Grab them before they are gone. Sideline available http://WWW.gobison.com/tickets or 231-ndsu

EDIT: as of 9:44 am you can get a pair in section 23 row Y

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
No online waiting room either. Easy to jump in and get tickets if one would need them.

grizlandbisonfan
12-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Good tickets left, just had Row N in section 23.

Putz
12-06-2013, 01:50 PM
A few left in Section 5 as well. I just called in to the ticket office and got one there. Only Section 23 was showing up for me on the website.

EC8CH
12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
The returned Furman tickets and player family tickets just went in sale. Single endzones available too. Grab them before they are gone. Sideline available http://WWW.gobison.com/tickets or 231-ndsu

THANKS!

Just picked up two (section 23 row T)

BisonKnight
12-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Let's have our way with these tickets

Jay
12-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Picked Up Two For A Friend. Got Right In. Section 23, Row S.

bisonboone11
12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Is the excitement for this game down compared to the playoffs last year? Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like getting the other team's unused tickets was a lot more difficult last year, and there seem to be way more people selling general admission tickets this year.

Gully
12-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Is the excitement for this game down compared to the playoffs last year? Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like getting the other team's unused tickets was a lot more difficult last year, and there seem to be way more people selling general admission tickets this year.

I think it is....I think we're spoiled as fans and waiting for the "big games". If we win and Montana wins I think there will be a lot of excitement for the Friday night game.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Fans are like "let's wait for the playoffs"
Newsflash it is the playoffs. Win or go home

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
But but but 30,000 seat stadium?????????????? When I brought up the lower demand earlier people said that everyone was waiting for the tickets today. Well what is the excuse now????? Still great demand but I think we can slow the roll on a 30,000 seat stadium.

BisonKnight
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Fans are like "let's wait for the playoffs"
Newsflash it is the playoffs. Win or go home

I always thought each game was a playoff game for us. But then I realized after the South Dakota game it was just a warmup for the playoffs.

EC8CH
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Big Game.... Blowout Game... Whatever.

It's the playoffs and I'll be excited to be at the FargoDome.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Still plenty of tickets section 23 you can get 2 or more

gotts
12-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Still some single sideline tickets section 23

I've got 4 available in Section 1 (50 yd line) due to some people backing out last minute. Please see the thread in the ticket exchange, thanks!

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
But but but 30,000 seat stadium?????????????? When I brought up the lower demand earlier people said that everyone was waiting for the tickets today. Well what is the excuse now????? Still great demand but I think we can slow the roll on a 30,000 seat stadium.

Demand hasn't changed much. These are the tickets Furman didn't use. Close to 500 of them plus family tickets. Travel must be down given the weather. Were not talking chilly weather, were talking insane cold

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Demand hasn't changed much. These are the tickets Furman didn't use. Close to 500 of them plus family tickets. Travel must be down given the weather. Were not talking chilly weather, were talking insane cold

I can't believe I am doing this, but I agree with Gabe. Many people give up when they can't get them right away. My dad had no clue he may still be able to get tickets when he forgot about last weekend. I called him yesterday. Sadly, most folks just don't get how the playoff ticket thing works.

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I can't believe I am doing this, but I agree with Gabe. Many people give up when they can't get them right away. My dad had no clue he may still be able to get tickets when he forgot about last weekend. I called him yesterday. Sadly, most folks just don't get how the playoff ticket thing works.

I have seen many times on here that people say we could instantly fill a stadium with 10,000 to 12,000 more seats. Am I to understand you that there are not 500 people of this mythical pull out of nowhere 12,000 number that want tickets because it is to cold or they don't understand the procedure after 3 years in the playoffs.

I just want to make sure I have the next excuse correct.

Don't get me wrong there is demand but it is not the insanely high numbers that some throw around.

bisonboone11
12-06-2013, 03:14 PM
What time do the doors open tomorrow?

roadwarrior
12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
What time do the doors open tomorrow?

1:00...............

runtheoption
12-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I have seen many times on here that people say we could instantly fill a stadium with 10,000 to 12,000 more seats. Am I to understand you that there are not 500 people of this mythical pull out of nowhere 12,000 number that want tickets because it is to cold or they don't understand the procedure after 3 years in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong there is demand but it is not the insanely high numbers that some throw around.What the hell are you talking about? Lakes counted them. I got the text.

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2013, 05:12 PM

Don't get me wrong there is demand but it is not the insanely high numbers that some throw around.

I never said 30k.... but they should build 30k for the future.

And you are giving the casual fan way to much credit if you think they get it......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
12-06-2013, 05:20 PM
If we ever build a new stadium, I hope they design it so they can easily add seats if/when the demand is there. TCF Bank stadium was built that way.

NDSU92
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM

I agree with you for the most part, but maybe the reason why these tickets aren't going fast is because they aren't really advertising them? I know I'm just a student but other than on BV I haven't heard anything about tickets being available. It's my opinion that most people that don't have season tickets try to get their tix on Aug 1, and if they don't they just say the hell with it and don't try the rest of the year.

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2013, 05:33 PM
i agree with you for the most part, but maybe the reason why these tickets aren't going fast is because they aren't really advertising them? I know i'm just a student but other than on bv i haven't heard anything about tickets being available. It's my opinion that most people that don't have season tickets try to get their tix on aug 1, and if they don't they just say the hell with it and don't try the rest of the year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had posted in another thread the same thoughts; my dad had no idea there would be tickets today.....

Bison03
12-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I am looking forward to the milk drinkers and knitters to be replaced by rabid fans. Always a louder, better atmosphere in December.

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I am looking forward to the milk drinkers and knitters to be replaced by rabid fans.

Come on, calling TAB that is uncalled for and he will be there, I think.

BISONBRI53
12-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Demand hasn't changed much. These are the tickets Furman didn't use. Close to 500 of them plus family tickets. Travel must be down given the weather. Were not talking chilly weather, were talking BAT SHIT CRAZYcold

Fixed it for ya!! :biggrin:

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 06:41 PM
You can still get tickets section 23 sideline. Pairs available

BisonFan02
12-06-2013, 07:06 PM
You can still get tickets section 23 sideline. Pairs available

We decided today at the Turf that you are going to by them all in exchange for a yard sign and hand them out to students. That would be nice of you!

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree with you for the most part, but maybe the reason why these tickets aren't going fast is because they aren't really advertising them? I know I'm just a student but other than on BV I haven't heard anything about tickets being available. It's my opinion that most people that don't have season tickets try to get their tix on Aug 1, and if they don't they just say the hell with it and don't try the rest of the year.

If they were really die hard fans they would have made the calls to find out when tickets become available and purchased them. Casual fans wont go the extra yard especially when it going to be as cold as it is. Many people come to the game because it is now an event and love to socialize and walk around the tailgate lot etc. That will not be the case this weekend. Then you have the fact that many people have never heard of Furman which adds to their GASF.
Makes no difference to me. I will be there.

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2013, 07:35 PM
If they were really die hard fans they would have made the calls to find out when tickets become available and purchased them. Casual fans wont go the extra yard especially when it going to be as cold as it is. Many people come to the game because it is now an event and love to socialize and walk around the tailgate lot etc. That will not be the case this weekend. Then you have the fact that many people have never heard of Furman which adds to their GASF.
Makes no difference to me. I will be there.

Agreed on everything.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
12-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I just checked and you can now only by single seats so it must be nearly sold out.

SDbison
12-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Don't get me wrong there is demand but it is not the insanely high numbers that some throw around. The 7000 ticket backlog to get season tickets is fact. So yes, at this time 25,000 is not a stretch. Also, with a new stadium the interest in going to an event is higher. Some spoiled factor for this playoff game........and many sports at various levels have dips in demand for early playoff games.

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 08:43 PM
The 7000 ticket backlog to get season tickets is fact. So yes, at this time 25,000 is not a stretch. Also, with a new stadium the interest in going to an event is higher. Some spoiled factor for this playoff game........and many sports at various levels have dips in demand for early playoff games.

7000 ticket request by how many people? 7000 tickets divided by 4 tickets = 1750 people.

Mayville Bison
12-06-2013, 09:17 PM
The 7000 ticket backlog to get season tickets is fact. So yes, at this time 25,000 is not a stretch. Also, with a new stadium the interest in going to an event is higher. Some spoiled factor for this playoff game........and many sports at various levels have dips in demand for early playoff games.

How many of those "7000" are people who are already in the dome, though? I would say it's far from fact.

Dips in demand for early playoff games? That must be why FBS goes with bowl games - early playoff games don't draw so let's have meaningless games just for pride....err money!

aces1180
12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
As of 4:15, only SRO tickets are left.

I have a feeling its going to be a great atmosphere tomorrow!

Wally
12-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Got a single in section 3, row M right before they were down to SRO.

SDbison
12-06-2013, 09:41 PM
1750 people still provide tickets for 7000 butts in the seats, doubt people buy them just to say they have tickets.........this is for season ticket sales so it affects every game I did assume 1000 of the current single tickets would become season tickets so only added 6000 to 19000. What is so difficult to understand?
So many anti growth herr........build it and they will come. One thing is for sure, keep the dome for the next 50 years and the most people that will attend Bison football games is 19000. Also, people that are shut out won't help grow the fan base as some will just give up trying to get tickets. Is it impossible to believe ND, FM, and NW MN area can't fill a 25000 to 30000 seat stadium for NDSU football now and in the near future? And I agree the weather, furman name and spoiled fans have made a challenge for filling the dome.......but it will be on saturday!

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 09:47 PM
1750 people still provide tickets for 7000 butts in the seats, doubt people buy them just to say they have tickets.........this is for season ticket sales so it affects every game I did assume 1000 of the current single tickets would become season tickets so only added 6000 to 19000. What is so difficult to understand?
So many anti growth herr........build it and they will come. One thing is for sure, keep the dome for the next 50 years and the most people that will attend Bison football games is 19000. Also, people that are shut out won't help grow the fan base as some will just give up trying to get tickets. Is it impossible to believe ND, FM, and NW MN area can't fill a 25000 to 30000 seat stadium for NDSU football now and in the near future? And I agree the weather, furman name and spoiled fans have made a challenge for filling the dome.......but it will be on saturday!

Anti growth?????????????

SDbison
12-06-2013, 09:47 PM
How many of those "7000" are people who are already in the dome, though? I would say it's far from fact.

Dips in demand for early playoff games? That must be why FBS goes with bowl games - early playoff games don't draw so let's have meaningless games just for pride....err money!

Only about 1500 single game tickets are available to purchase for each game now. 12500 season tickets plus 4000 student tickets plus 500 player family, etc. and 500 visitor leaves only 1500. At most 1000 of those 1500 would pay for all season. So assuming 6000 of the 7000 are new season ticket holders would be pretty much fact.

SDbison
12-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Anti growth????????????? i.e.think small......do I have to explain everything PL?

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 10:33 PM
i.e.think small......do I have to explain everything PL?

Dont think anyone is thinking small. They just look at things in a more pragmatic realistic fashion. When planning for the future what is the REAL demand. I dont think if we had a stadium to hold 35000 that we would fill it. Not even for a playoff game.
NDSU is doing studies to figure this out because they need to plan 10 years out what the stadium will need to be at that time.
I will ask about the 7,000 number the next time I get a chance and see where that number comes from.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Dont think anyone is thinking small. They just look at things in a more pragmatic realistic fashion. When planning for the future what is the REAL demand. I dont think if we had a stadium to hold 35000 that we would fill it. Not even for a playoff game.
NDSU is doing studies to figure this out because they need to plan 10 years out what the stadium will need to be at that time.
I will ask about the 7,000 number the next time I get a chance and see where that number comes from.

I think a short term is to add a thousand in each corner. By having up to 4k more seats it would fill short term demand and give us a better idea. Maybe 23k is perfect? Of course the dome would have to foot the bill... like that will happen

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 11:20 PM
I think a short term is to add a thousand in each corner. By having up to 4k more seats it would fill short term demand and give us a better idea. Maybe 23k is perfect? Of course the dome would have to foot the bill... like that will happen

Of course you will be the first to volunteer to sit right behind the support column?

HerdBot
12-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Of course you will be the first to volunteer to sit right behind the support column?some would be obstructed but most good if they can go high and make them almost touch the end zone and sides
Of course those ugly sound panels go bye bye. Imagine a curved corner. No idea if its possible but certainly worth exploring. I've emailed the dome and authority and they didn't respond

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 12:49 AM
some would be obstructed but most good if they can go high and make them almost touch the end zone and sides
Of course those ugly sound panels go bye bye. Imagine a curved corner. No idea if its possible but certainly worth exploring. I've emailed the dome and authority and they didn't respond

Oh damn you forgot about the fire code. No can do. Which makes sense because the corners are huge choke points right now and to add more people is a disaster in the making. You gotta come up with something better.

Hammersmith
12-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Regarding low demand for tickets at the last minute:

The cold is playing a factor, but consider this. When people didn't get tickets early in the week, they started making other plans to watch the games. Many got groups together to meet at local bars and restaurants. Assuming they found out tickets were available today, they may not want to cancel what they've planned. Getting a group of 7-10 friends together to watch the game as a group with easy access to food and drink might be more appealing than 3-5 of them getting tickets scattered across half the dome. I fell into some tickets this morning and the first friend I called(big Bison fan) couldn't make it work due to kids. Another guy at work was complaining about not getting to go. When shown that good tickets were available, he chose not to pull the trigger due to the stuff he had lined up to watch the game at Gastropub.

Just trying to say that neither side should try to read too much into the fact that the last minute tickets didn't disappear in an instant.

HerdBot
12-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Oh damn you forgot about the fire code. No can do. Which makes sense because the corners are huge choke points right now and to add more people is a disaster in the making. You gotta come up with something better.

With the expansion plans (new arena) maybe its more feasible? If they are doing an addition, seems like a good time to make it a horse shoe. Heck if I know. I just want to know if they have a plan. I've heard about it but only a few bits mentioned by road warrior or yourself

DIBISON
12-07-2013, 12:59 AM
There will be reserved tickets available for sale tomorrow morning at 9:30 am at the FD. There are returned from Furman and player allotments.

A1pigskin
12-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Add a double decker to one of the endzones. Or seats in the corner could work as well, and this is taking into account fire safety. Run a large enough catwalk outside. One of the walls would have to be cut into to install a door and a fire escape that leads down to the ground outside. Of course more engineering work and thought would be needed.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2013, 01:12 AM
So, where to the go go dancers go in the renovation?

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 01:30 AM
With the expansion plans (new arena) maybe its more feasible? If they are doing an addition, seems like a good time to make it a horse shoe. Heck if I know. I just want to know if they have a plan. I've heard about it but only a few bits mentioned by road warrior or yourself

The expansion if they do it will have no effect on football seating is what I heard.

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 01:31 AM
So, where to the go go dancers go in the renovation?

Those poles in the corner are pretty big to dance around. Or Gabes elevated bar, which are in the corners also.

HerdBot
12-07-2013, 01:33 AM
The expansion if they do it will have no effect on football seating is what I heard.

I know but it seems like they are missing a once in our lifetime opportunity to incorporate a horseshoe end zone. Easier to do now than later. The only gained seating will be from the Sky Bar in the south end zone. (They ripped off my idea [purple])

A1pigskin
12-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Those poles in the corner are pretty big to dance around. Or Gabes elevated bar, which are in the corners also.

Who needs those corner poles. They can shake it in the aisle next to me. There's an entire row of poles.

56BISON73
12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Who needs those corner poles. They can shake it in the aisle next to me. There's an entire row of poles.

Now there is a thought. They could work the aisles and give half to Teammakers.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Lets face it, most fans GASF is pretty low for this game. A team most haven't heard about that is a 30+ point dog doesn't exactly peak fan (die-hard or casual) interest.

Now, if SU and Mont. both win this weekend, watch as tickets sell out in a matter of minutes.

On an unrelated topic, I saw Tantanka on KX news in Bismarck. It's official, he is a way bigger attention whore than TAB could ever aspire to be.

GradBison
12-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Lets face it, most fans GASF is pretty low for this game. A team most haven't heard about that is a 30+ point dog doesn't exactly peak fan (die-hard or casual) interest.

Now, if SU and Mont. both win this weekend, watch as tickets sell out in a matter of minutes.

On an unrelated topic, I saw Tantanka on KX news in Bismarck. It's official, he is a way bigger attention whore than TAB could ever aspire to be.

This just makes me laugh... people keep repeating it over and over. They forget that tickets sold out within an hour of going on sale the Sunday after the last game.

This perceived lack of fan interest/being spoiled/poor turn out is all false. The dome will be rocking even if a couple hundred seats go unfilled. Which I doubt will happen. /rant

Tatanka
12-07-2013, 05:32 AM

this is a new revelation? :D

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.