PDA

View Full Version : Oral Roberts officially back

Hambone
12-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Sounds like its official.....

tony
12-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Sounds like its official.....

Dang, Hambone, you even beat us to the punch. :)

Denver+SDSU+NDSU+OralRoberts=Not a bad basketball conference.

Tatanka
12-05-2013, 11:29 PM
"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

--The Summit League

And Mark Twain. :D

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

HerdBot
12-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Wtf? I have never been more surprised than I am now!

HoopsBison
12-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

Great news.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
http://www.newson6.com/story/24149314/oral-roberts-to-return-to-summit-league

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/articles/2013-14/releases/120413-orujoins

roadwarrior
12-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I hope Douple can find one more school! I wonder how UMKC is liking their travel?

Bisonator98
12-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Yep, Gene was just on Dizzo's den and confirmed it! Oral Roberts back to Summit in all sports!:biggrin:

Evolution Prime
12-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope Douple can find one more school! I wonder how UMKC is liking their travel?

Do you really want them back in the league? I sure don't.

HerdBot
12-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Do you really want them back in the league? I sure don't.

Do you have a cock or a vagina? You should change your picture and add the text: SDSU: We fear competition. And your profile pic is the Dakota Marker victory in Fargo? Wow you guys need some bigger wins!

JSUBison
12-05-2013, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGlY3ubGzUY

Evolution Prime
12-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Do you have a cock or a vagina? You should change your picture and add the text: SDSU: We fear competition

I'm talking about UMKC. I'm all for Oral Roberts being back.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm talking about UMKC. I'm all for Oral Roberts being back.

haha sorry I read that wrong. I think they have vaginas but geographically they really tie the conference together

jacksfan29
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM

Just say NO to UMKC. There are far better options. Think south and east. UALR are the only non-FB playing school left in a FB first conference. EIU is an up and coming FB program playing in an atrocious conference. YSU are wanting an invite to the CAA. Even a D2 school moving up looks far better then UMKC? I guess we could even discuss north though I would rather not.

Evolution Prime
12-06-2013, 12:03 AM
haha sorry I read that wrong. I think they have vaginas but geographically they really tie the conference together

Most decidedly that UMKC has smooth crotches.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Just say NO to UMKC. There are far better options. Think south and east. UALR are the only non-FB playing school left in a FB first conference. EIU is an up and coming FB program playing in an atrocious conference. YSU are wanting an invite to the CAA. Even a D2 school moving up looks far better then UMKC? I guess we could even discuss north though I would rather not.

I would take EIU in a heartbeat but only if we get them in football too!

Actually a perfect setup for the Summit would be EIU and UMKC. EIU solidifies Illinois and gives WIU a travel partner. Get a D2 transitional team out of Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa. Solidifies the conference.

EDIT: just realized a perfect team would be South East Missoui State. They would give Missouri State an in state rivalry in football and give UMKC a travel partner in other sports. Plus being in the KC Market has some advantages

Check out the Summit map: You can see where it's missing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/The_Summit_League_map.svg

North Side
12-06-2013, 12:17 AM
so... why move to the Summit Leauge? I mean it is cheaper right to fly to schools in Texas and Louisanna than to fly to Fargo or Siouxfalls?
Is it because the Southland has 14 teams and Summit only 8? Odds of making the big dance are way better in the Summit than the Southland.
What is the real reason... I am guessing bottom line it has to deal with money in some way.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 12:23 AM
so... why move to the Summit Leauge? I mean it is cheaper right to fly to schools in Texas and Louisanna than to fly to Fargo or Siouxfalls?
Is it because the Southland has 14 teams and Summit only 8? Odds of making the big dance are way better in the Summit than the Southland.
What is the real reason... I am guessing bottom line it has to deal with money in some way.

in the release they said that the split conference hurt them as it didn't give them the travel opportunities nor rivals. I see their attendance wasn't very good. I think hadn't they gone to 14 teams and a split division, they would still be there. Maybe.

Golden Eagle
12-06-2013, 12:32 AM

The Southland does offer an easier path to the dance... but they are adding such power house schools as Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, & Incarnate Word :facepalm2:. So, that probably guarantees a play-in game vs. the SWAC champion.

HandoEX
12-06-2013, 12:36 AM
The Southland does offer an easier path to the dance... but they are adding such power house schools as Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, & Incarnate Word :facepalm2:. So, that probably guarantees a play-in game vs. the SWAC champion.
Welcome back ORU! This is almost shocking but great to have a program like ORU's back every year! They always had a bball team full of studs with athleticism rarely seen in the BSA.

tjbison
12-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Wtf? I have never been more surprised than I am now!

what if you woke up with your head sewn to the carpet?

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 02:10 AM
OK---where did they go and why are they coming back so quickly?????

56BISON73
12-06-2013, 02:11 AM
what if you woke up with your head sewn to the carpet?

Christmas Vacation!

tjbison
12-06-2013, 02:17 AM
OK---where did they go and why are they coming back so quickly?????

left for the Southland (SHSU) found it it was worse and came back

and yes Christmas Vacation

DIBISON
12-06-2013, 02:19 AM
This is great news for the Summit.

ORU has quality teams in all sports.

The addition of Denver and ORU will further strengthen the Summit RPI for basketball and entice other quality schools to consider our conference.

I can't help and think about all of the naysayers and bashers of the Summit and Douple when there were a couple of departures a few years ago. Those in the know always believed that the Summit would not only survive but strengthen. That has happened with Oral Roberts and some pending additions in the future.

tjbison
12-06-2013, 02:39 AM

The addition of Denver and ORU will further strengthen the Summit RPI for basketball and entice other quality schools to consider our conference.

I can't help and think about all of the naysayers and bashers of the Summit and Douple when there were a couple of departures a few years ago. Those in the know always believed that the Summit would not only survive but strengthen. That has happened with Oral Roberts and some pending additions in the future.

removed Centenary and UMKC

gained Denver and ORU back

I'd say that's a plus all around

Hammersmith
12-06-2013, 02:45 AM
removed Centenary, UMKC & SUU

gained Denver, USD and ORU back

I'd say that's a plus all around

FYP

Major net gain with those three exchanges. Only bad loss now was Oakland.

zooropa
12-06-2013, 03:26 AM
FYP

Major net gain with those three exchanges. Only bad loss now was Oakland.

And even that loss is tempered by the notion that the Summit could not have possibly kept Oakland. They didn't 'screw up' and lose Oakland.

Answer Guy
12-06-2013, 03:43 AM
How long since you guys last had Oral?

CAS4127
12-06-2013, 03:45 AM
How long since you guys last had Oral?

When UND born Enztion was here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MN_BISON
12-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Where's the all knowing Sicbag now? Can't wait to see how he and his group of "conference experts" try to spin this one. That's a whole lot of spinning for one prick to have on his plate, ORU back to The Summit, a drunk as a volleyball coach and having to find a coach to play catch up to the Herd(good luck with that). Toss that in with a curling team that isn't winning and a basketball team that dropped off after their Super Bowl game.

ndsubison1
12-06-2013, 04:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYDhOV3WqY

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Wow!!!! Great news for all the Dakota schools ....... or at least the ones that matter. The fat girl at the dance just lost a bunch of weight! The Summit looks a lot nicer!

BlueBisonRock
12-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Where's the all knowing Sicbag now? Can't wait to see how he and his group of "conference experts" try to spin this one. That's a whole lot of spinning for one prick to have on his plate, ORU back to The Summit, a drunk as a volleyball coach and having to find a coach to play catch up to the Herd(good luck with that). Toss that in with a curling team that isn't winning and a basketball team that dropped off after their Super Bowl game.

I really wish you hadn't disparaged Curling. Hockey yes. ButtCurling?

SlickVic
12-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Beetlejuice Morrison we want you boy dang bible boys going down again in the bsa

MN_BISON
12-06-2013, 06:12 AM
I really wish you hadn't disparaged Curling. Hockey yes. ButtCurling?

Ah crap BBR, sorry about that, I always get those Canadian games played on ice confused. Hockey is the one with the brooms and curling has sticks...or is the other way around? Either way, I'll get it straight, hit Google up and mark it down for future reference. Buttcurling, haha!

KSBisonFan
12-06-2013, 12:54 PM

I think UMKC would jump at the chance to come back. I heard an ad yesterday for their game Saturday against Youngstown State: "Don't miss your chance to see the only game of the year played on campus at the Swinney Gym Saturday against Youngstown!" If you've been in that place, you're probably laughing right now.
All their other games are being played at the renovated Municipal Auditorium downtown so they are trying.....team still is bad though.

Glad to see ORU back!

I think there are some DII MIAA schools (NW Missouri, Lindenwood, Washburn, MO Western, Pitt State) that would fit in the Summit/MVFC but I don't know if the finances are there to make the transition.

aces1180
12-06-2013, 01:19 PM

Don't encourage that POS to post here.

DePereBisonFan
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow. That was fast.

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
But but I thought some people to the north were crowing that our Baseball conference was dead????????? This musn't be true is it?????????

WELCOME BACK ORU WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 02:57 PM
But but I thought some people to the north were crowing that our Baseball conference was dead????????? This musn't be true is it?????????

WELCOME BACK ORU WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

they are experts and legends in their own minds

KC Bison
12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I was thinking about basketball with ORU but I forgot about the baseball angle. Am looking forward to seeing games in Tulsa again.

imabison
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
http://www.newson6.com/story/24149314/oral-roberts-to-return-to-summit-league

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/articles/2013-14/releases/120413-orujoins

I wonder if they retain the previous status as a long time member, or if they are not considered new membership again.

Not important, just curious.

RedRiver
12-06-2013, 03:32 PM

How true.....

bisonbuddy
12-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't encourage that POS to post here.

He's busy right now. Faison has him in his office going over the list of football coach applicants.

aces1180
12-06-2013, 08:00 PM
He's busy right now. Faison has him in his office going over the list of football coach applicants.

I figured he was in Michigan with teh hockies strategizing with the Hak for tonights match-up with the Broncos.

bisonbuddy
12-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I figured he was in Michigan with teh hockies strategizing with the Hak for tonights match-up with the Broncos.

Update, he was seen with -arrell testing new pizza toppings.

Hammersmith
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM
This is hilarious. Star is over on ss trying to spin ORU rejoining the Summit. He references ORU's messageboard.

Oral Bob board is talking they need to be in the Slummit to get a MVC bid. The MVC wants a Midwest school in a Midwest conference for their next pick.
By joining the Slummit, they can replace Mo St so Wichita State it not an island.

Now I've been following the thread on the ORU board, so this looked a little funny to me. I figured new posts had been added since I checked it this morning. Nope. Of all the posts in the thread, only 3 mentioned the MVC in any way. One was a throwaway post. One said that ORU was looked at favorably by the ADs, but the presidents turned them down due to geography. The third post about the MVC does include a mention about using the Summit as a stepping stone to the MVC.

92EagleFan Matt B:

I just wonder if that is the major factor or Mike Carter still would like to get into the Missouri Valley Conference someday and thinks that being is a stronger basketball conference (based on league RPI) would aid in that goal.

Notice that the reasoning given by this poster is to join the Summit because it's a better basketball conference? So let's consider what star did here. He gives the impression that the whole ORU board is discussing something when really only two people have added minor thoughts. He takes a comment, but since the reasoning is complimentary toward the Summit, he deletes the part he doesn't like and adds some cobbled together nonsense that vaguely references another post.

And some people over there are going to buy it. It's just hilariously funny. I have to give credit to his ability to twist things into pretzels within pretzels.

Hammersmith
01-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Oral Roberts forced to forfeit 2 MBB games.

http://www.southland.org/news/2014/1/7/GEN_0107142949.aspx

DI rules state you can only schedule 4 non-DI games of any type. That includes exhibitions. ORU scheduled 2 non-DI exhibition games, 2 non-DI OOC games, and has 2 non-DI conference games scheduled(early transitional schools). Since the first four games have already been played, ORU has to forfeit their conference games versus Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word to remain in DI compliance. Bet ORU can't get out of the Southland fast enough.

tony
01-07-2014, 10:53 PM
This is hilarious. Star is over on ss trying to spin ORU rejoining the Summit. He references ORU's messageboard.

Heh, I didn't see this until now.

That makes absolutely no sense (i.e. Oral Roberts coming to the Summit to get into the MVC.) Of course, we're talking about star2city.

MVC: Sorry, Oral Roberts, we want a midwest school and you are in the Southland.
ORob: How about if we move to the Summit first?
MVC: Oh, that changes everything!
ORob: We thought so. And we can pay two conference exit fees too! Brilliant!

Hammersmith
01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Oral Roberts forced to forfeit 2 MBB games.

http://www.southland.org/news/2014/1/7/GEN_0107142949.aspx

DI rules state you can only schedule 4 non-DI games of any type. That includes exhibitions. ORU scheduled 2 non-DI exhibition games, 2 non-DI OOC games, and has 2 non-DI conference games scheduled(early transitional schools). Since the first four games have already been played, ORU has to forfeit their conference games versus Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word to remain in DI compliance. Bet ORU can't get out of the Southland fast enough.

Wow, this is taking off. It turns out ORU was only one of a bunch of schools playing too many non-DI teams. As of now, the list is ORU, SFA, NJIT, Alabama St, Miss Valley St, Maine, Vermont, & SELA women. Four Southland games are being cancelled/forfeited: ORU/ACU, ORU/UIW, SFA/UIW, and SELA/ACU(WBB).