PDA

View Full Version : Quick Laugh

Herd12
12-04-2013, 03:50 PM
If anyone needs a quick laugh here's an article posting the 41 applicants that UN_ currently has for their head football coach position.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/279497/

My 3 favorite:

3. Michael Markusson- "former assistant coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College"
2. Larry Willis- "South Carolina Sports Radio Analyst"
1. Anthoney Hill- "Assistant Coach with Colorado Ice Indoor Football Team"

none of that was a typographical error.

bisonmike2
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
If anyone needs a quick laugh here's an article posting the 41 applicants that UN_ currently has for their head football coach position.

My 3 favorite:

3. Michael Markusson- "former assistant coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College"

I think Anthoney Hill has the inside track. He coaches for a team with the name ICE in it. They love all things ice in Grand Forks. I could see the fan base being confused by that and thinking they were actually hiring a hockey coach to coach the football team. What's not to love about that if you are a UN_ fan?

aces1180
12-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm still waiting for Rev BOb's application to show up.

natstar1
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Camm Richmond, last position, teacher at Mechanicsburg High School, Pa.
He seems qualified.

HandoEX
12-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Holy crap that list is terrible! UND fans have got to be embarrassed by this. Lmao!

bisonmike2
12-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Can I submit applications on behalf of people? I'd like to put Lakes' up for the job.

bisonsupporter
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM

My 3 favorite:

These 2 stood out also.....

Brian Bottenfield, Client Liaison, Aetna, Plymouth, Minn

gumby013
12-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Mike Markuson is somewhat known. He used to be the o-line coach under Houston Nutt at Arkansas back when Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis were tearing things up. He went with Nutt to Ole Miss after being chased out of Fayetteville. When Nutt got the axe in Oxford, he stayed there and coached at the community college.

GOB1SON
12-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Who gives a shit?

CaBisonFan
12-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Talk about looking for a diamond in the rough. Un....ing believable.

Gully
12-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Who gives a shit?

Not me, as long as we're no longer playing them :)

bisonmike2
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Is Gene Masseth on the list?

Heywood Jablowme?

missingnumber7
12-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Almost makes me want to throw my application in there just to see what happens.

Herd80
12-04-2013, 06:19 PM
I may be (probably am) in the minority that doesn't find that much amazing about the list. Considering the fact that it's a down program...much more limited interest than it might be under better circumstances. Plus, think about some of the names that show up on nearly any high profile public office early given the open records requirements. Plus, there are a couple or more names with decent qualifications...especially Pfulgrad who did a pretty damn good job at Montana. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they nabbed him.

BlueBisonRock
12-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Almost makes me want to throw my application in there just to see what happens.

Two problems with applying for this position.

1) You might just get it.

2) You would need to live in el Forko Grande

2+) You would not be able to attend or follow Bison FB live.

TransAmBison
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM

2+) You would not be able to attend or follow Bison FB live.I wonder if Rev B could run teh program online? He is awfully tempted to apply...

missingnumber7
12-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Even if I got it...how fun would it be to just run the program further into the ground. Although I'm a Defensive guy and that wouldn't be easy to be a defensive guy in the Big Fluffy. I could win the conference just by playing defense.
It would make the wife happy, her parents live there (Air Force)
I think I could make it work, I think they changed the rules for electronics on the sideline...I could just call the same plays that Bohl calls and see if that works for me.

I did take the FB coaching class my last year at NDSU, and I was an assistant LB's coach at Crown College, I officiate so I know the rules ( which is more than 90% of most coaches can say), and I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night (not really but I tried)

gotts
12-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I did take the FB coaching class my last year at NDSU, and I was an assistant LB's coach at Crown College, I officiate so I know the rules ( which is more than 90% of most coaches can say), and I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night (not really but I tried)

Obviously fabricated. Those who apply at _ND have only been to some sort of Clown College.

Mayville Bison
12-04-2013, 07:49 PM

You could during the playoffs....

Herd12
12-04-2013, 07:51 PM
You could during the playoffs....

Bazinga!!!!!!

JSUBison
12-04-2013, 07:55 PM
These 2 stood out also.....

Brian Bottenfield, Client Liaison, Aetna, Plymouth, Minn

Saying "last position" sounds a lot better than unemployed I guess.

Lacy McBeath, teacher/coach, Neshoba County School District, Philadelphia, Miss
UN_ is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.

Maurice Drayton, former assistant at Southern Mississippi
"Some people call him the space cowboy"

Michael Kelly, former head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL
Might not be the defensive answer. "Good job guys, we held them on 2nd down, now they have to punt"

abc123
12-04-2013, 08:19 PM
That list is hilarious!
the way the whioux fans all talked, ther were gonna get some big time coach?? :rofl:

It's gotta make Muss-turd feel pretty bad knowing that he could be replaced by a radio network analyst or a high school coach!

Had you bothered to read anything besides the list, it has been pointed out in multiple places that due to North Dakota open record laws, they are not expecting some of the more serious candidates to apply until right before the December 10th deadline.

And you think it is in the realm of possibility that UND will hire a radio network guy or high school coach? Did you know that at least one high school coach applied for the NDSU job when it was open in 2003?

TransAmBison
12-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Had you bothered to read anything besides the list, it has been pointed out in multiple places that due to North Dakota open record laws, they are not expecting some of the more serious candidates to apply until right before the December 10th deadline.

And you think it is in the realm of possibility that UND will hire a radio network guy or high school coach? Did you know that at least one high school coach applied for the NDSU job when it was open in 2003?Well, they did hire Muss...

dragonsfan
12-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Edit: Knock it off, Lakes. Another of these and you'll have to come up with a new alter ego. You could at least make an effort like this guy:

http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Roger's_Disguises

Tatanka
12-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Well, they did hire Muss...

Man has a point.

A1pigskin
12-05-2013, 12:56 AM
When you read the applicants, sometimes you have to say "what, are you serious".

tony
12-05-2013, 01:58 AM
When you read the applicants, sometimes you have to say "what, are you serious".

Well, anybody can apply. In the end, you only need one good applicant accept the job.

Before we mock them too much, might want to step into the Way-Back/Where-are-they-now Machine:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?5163-Bison-Coaching-Race-heating-up

- Bill Bleil, offensive coordinator, University of South Dakota <- Now the assistant head coach at Iowa State
- Chris Boden, offensive assistant, Valdosta State (Ga.) <- As a Villanova QB, he passed for over 10,000 yards, now he's head coach at ASA College in NY (and, no, I'm not familiar with it)
- Craig Bohl, former defensive coordinator, Nebraska <- Now head coach at NDSU
- Casey Bradley, acting head coach, NDSU <- Now head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL
- Warren Buirch, assistant coach Rowan University (N.J.) <- now a teacher
- Dale Carlson, head coach, Tri-State University (Ind.) <- Just got fired from Valpo, now applying for the UND job
- Dennis Creehan, linebackers/special teams coach, Duke University <- now an athletic director and head football coach at a D2 school that I've never heard of before
- Bill Cubit, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks, Rutgers <- currently the OC at Illinois
- Daniel Enos, quarterbacks coach, Western Michigan <- currently the head coach of Western Michigan
- Roy Gafford, head coach, Wichita Christian High School <- now an assistant coach at Dallas Christian HS
- Rocky Hager, tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator, Temple <- now defensive line coach at Bryant
- Lonnie Hansen, former assistant, Baylor University <- don't know
- Pat Henderson, defensive backs coach, Kansas <- now an assistant athletic director at Kansas
- Todd Hofner, head coach, Wisconsin-Eau Claire <- was head coach at Mankato until they had the witch hunt over photos of his kids
- Kelly Jeffrey, head coach, Mayville State (N.D.) <-now head coach at Mount Allison University in Canada
- Tony Johnson, head coach, Graceland University (Iowa) <- just got fired from a HS head coach job in Alabama
- Steve Kazor, head coach, Wayne State (Mich.) <- now an NFL scout
- Russ Martin, offensive coordinator, Southeast Missouri State <- now head coach at Colorado Mesa (D2) - Montana State played them this year
- Mark Mauer, receivers coach, New Mexico State <- Got fired from Hill-Murray where he was head coach
- Chuck Moller, offensive line coach, Oklahoma State <- resigned from Crookston, might be out of coaching
- Brian Rock, offensive coordinator, Western Michigan <- coached at Purdue for a bit, now the OC at Kent State
- Tim Salem, former quarterbacks coach, Ohio State <- an assistant coach at Illinois
- Rich Spisak, former offensive coordinator, Ball State <- no idea
- Bob Stitt, head coach, Colorado School of Mines <- head coach of the Colorado School of Mines
- Dennis Wagner, assistant head coach, Fresno State (Calif.) <- the OC at Liberty
- David Wiemers, head coach, Emporia State (Kan.) <- DC at Pittsburg State

For some reason, Terry Allen isn't on the list - must have applied late. He's the current head coach of Missouri State.

bisonaudit
12-05-2013, 02:30 AM
So if we'd have hired the Western Michigan guy would we be rowing the boat right now?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-05-2013, 02:32 AM
So if we'd have hired the Western Michigan guy would we be rowing the boat right now?

I thought of that too, but couldn't remember which directional Mich. that came from.

Good call. :)

Corky
12-05-2013, 03:11 AM
Ed Orgeron passed over for HC position at USC.

I bet this job is at the top of his list....

Bison55
12-05-2013, 01:52 PM

I couldn't care less that they think better candidates will apply later- the initial list is hilarious

And you think it is in the realm of possibility that UND will hire a radio network guy or high school coach? Did you know that at least one high school coach applied for the NDSU job when it was open in 2003?

See comment above

missingnumber7
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM

Without a search committee you can't honestly expect to attract someone quality to coach up there and be second fiddle in a sport where the # of scholarships demand being top dog. There are too many glaring issues up north for it to be an attractive job, whoever takes over is going to have a rebuild.

BisonKnight
12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
"I find this head coaching job quite attractive!" - A middle school football coach

bri-dog
12-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I can't remember from the posting -- is "Must have a valid drivers license" among the necessary qualifications?

GRAFTONBISON
12-05-2013, 03:39 PM
I can't remember from the posting -- is "Must have a valid drivers license" among the necessary qualifications?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bisonator98
12-05-2013, 03:41 PM

That's damn funny! :rofl:

NDSUdonny
12-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Well, anybody can apply. In the end, you only need one good applicant accept the job.

Before we mock them too much, might want to step into the Way-Back/Where-are-they-now Machine:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?5163-Bison-Coaching-Race-heating-up

- Bill Bleil, offensive coordinator, University of South Dakota <- Now the assistant head coach at Iowa State
- Chris Boden, offensive assistant, Valdosta State (Ga.) <- As a Villanova QB, he passed for over 10,000 yards, now he's head coach at ASA College in NY (and, no, I'm not familiar with it)
- Craig Bohl, former defensive coordinator, Nebraska <- Now head coach at NDSU
- Casey Bradley, acting head coach, NDSU <- Now head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL
- Warren Buirch, assistant coach Rowan University (N.J.) <- now a teacher
- Dale Carlson, head coach, Tri-State University (Ind.) <- Just got fired from Valpo, now applying for the UND job
- Dennis Creehan, linebackers/special teams coach, Duke University <- now an athletic director and head football coach at a D2 school that I've never heard of before
- Bill Cubit, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks, Rutgers <- currently the OC at Illinois
- Daniel Enos, quarterbacks coach, Western Michigan <- currently the head coach of Western Michigan
- Roy Gafford, head coach, Wichita Christian High School <- now an assistant coach at Dallas Christian HS
- Rocky Hager, tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator, Temple <- now defensive line coach at Bryant
- Lonnie Hansen, former assistant, Baylor University <- don't know
- Pat Henderson, defensive backs coach, Kansas <- now an assistant athletic director at Kansas
- Todd Hofner, head coach, Wisconsin-Eau Claire <- was head coach at Mankato until they had the witch hunt over photos of his kids
- Kelly Jeffrey, head coach, Mayville State (N.D.) <-now head coach at Mount Allison University in Canada
- Tony Johnson, head coach, Graceland University (Iowa) <- just got fired from a HS head coach job in Alabama
- Steve Kazor, head coach, Wayne State (Mich.) <- now an NFL scout
- Russ Martin, offensive coordinator, Southeast Missouri State <- now head coach at Colorado Mesa (D2) - Montana State played them this year
- Mark Mauer, receivers coach, New Mexico State <- Got fired from Hill-Murray where he was head coach
- Chuck Moller, offensive line coach, Oklahoma State <- resigned from Crookston, might be out of coaching
- Brian Rock, offensive coordinator, Western Michigan <- coached at Purdue for a bit, now the OC at Kent State
- Tim Salem, former quarterbacks coach, Ohio State <- an assistant coach at Illinois
- Rich Spisak, former offensive coordinator, Ball State <- no idea
- Bob Stitt, head coach, Colorado School of Mines <- head coach of the Colorado School of Mines
- Dennis Wagner, assistant head coach, Fresno State (Calif.) <- the OC at Liberty
- David Wiemers, head coach, Emporia State (Kan.) <- DC at Pittsburg State

For some reason, Terry Allen isn't on the list - must have applied late. He's the current head coach of Missouri State.

Chuck Moller lived in Fisher, MN when he was coaching at UMC. He allegedly pocketed money from Football camps among other things. This is just what I heard but I know some people close to the team. Must have been a forced resignation. He left town and nobody I know knew where he went.