PDA

View Full Version : Anybody knocking on the door for Coach Bohl?

ACECON
12-01-2013, 08:43 PM
At BSU we have this every year it seems. Has it been NDSU's case also? I see that Wyoming's Christiansen is going to be replaced. This is what happens with success, everybody wants a part of it.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2013, 08:51 PM
theres a better chance Bohl goes to Univ of North Dakota before he'd accept the shitty Wyoming job.

ZHerd
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
At BSU we have this every year it seems. Has it been NDSU's case also? I see that Wyoming's Christiansen is going to be replaced. This is what happens with success, everybody wants a part of it.

Probably but I really hope not. By BSU I'm assuming Boise State correct? I hope we have as much success keeping Bohl as you have keeping Petersen (excellent coach). I have heard that he stays in Boise only because his child has a physical ailment treated by only 2 hospitals, one of which is in Boise. Is this true or false rumor?

NDSUstudent
12-01-2013, 09:02 PM
theres a better chance Bohl goes to Univ of North Dakota before he'd accept the shitty Wyoming job.

Yep...Wyoming is where coaching careers go to die.

VirginiaBison
12-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I heard the Nebraska coach is safe for another year, so the discussion can be put off until next year.

bisoningrandforks
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Christiansen fired at Wyo......http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... n/3796419/

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I think a thread like this gets posted every week. So it seems.

ThunderDan
12-01-2013, 09:13 PM

Who are you? A bisonville member trying to stir the pot? If so, it looks like the bait has been taken. Well done.

bisoningrandforks
12-01-2013, 09:31 PM
cant wait for sat and im bored at work!......Bohl's not going to Wyoming.... as one alum told me when the bison played them 08? we belong in FCS with you guys!..... (not like the old days) cant win there......yes bohl was mentioned but most of the talk was Brock Spack Ill ST/Mark Mangino YSU......

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Bohl is not going anywhere unless it is a big time program. Nebraska scares me a little but history may be on our side. Only way he leaves is if it is a storied program with lots of funding. I won't hold my breath.

kab1one
12-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Bohl is 55/6 years old. If he wins third straight, what does he have to accomplish here? His legacy is secure.

So if someone offers him seven figures, you would think he would have to take it.

A big contract offers him and his family financial security for this generation but the next? If someone offers you 3 or 4 times your current salary and a challenge, wouldn't you take it?

Wife from here, working here. For a million bump in salary, she doesn't need to work.

In many regards, if he were offered the jump, I would expect him to take the money and run,.

CaBisonFan
12-01-2013, 11:57 PM
I hope we win the title and that everyone's after him.

ACECON
12-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Probably but I really hope not. By BSU I'm assuming Boise State correct? I hope we have as much success keeping Bohl as you have keeping Petersen (excellent coach). I have heard that he stays in Boise only because his child has a physical ailment treated by only 2 hospitals, one of which is in Boise. Is this true or false rumor?

Yes, Boise State University. Coach Pete stays for many reasons. His sons health issues (Cancer) was many years ago. Hopefully he has grown out of it. There were other hospitals and places, he likes the quality of living in Boise. He makes over $2M, lives close to campus, can be by a lake in 30 minutes to 2 hours. Both of his sons are in HS now. BSU just built a brand new $22M Football Facility on the north end of the stadium. We could lose him, nothing is for sure, but he isn't the kind of guy that wants to put up with the turmoil of the BIG Programs. He came to us from Oregon and has experienced the trials and tribulations of BCS Programs.

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Bohl is 55/6 years old. If he wins third straight, what does he have to accomplish here? His legacy is secure.

So if someone offers him seven figures, you would think he would have to take it.

A big contract offers him and his family financial security for this generation but the next? If someone offers you 3 or 4 times your current salary and a challenge, wouldn't you take it?

Wife from here, working here. For a million bump in salary, she doesn't need to work.

In many regards, if he were offered the jump, I would expect him to take the money and run,.

If he ends up pushing 400 here and he gets a million, what's better? A million for a few years before you get canned or 400k for life in an area your happy? Only Bohl could answer that

kab1one
12-02-2013, 12:12 AM
If he ends up pushing 400 here and he gets a million, what's better? A million for a few years before you get canned or 400k for life in an area your happy? Only Bohl could answer that

Your assuming he fails and gets fired in the next job. Plus usually those jobs are guaranteed for the life of the contract or has a heavy buyout for the coach.

So a 2 years at 1.3 million is equal to what he has on his contract here.

I like Calbison's response, lets hope everyone is after him.

ACECON
12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Who are you? A bisonville member trying to stir the pot? If so, it looks like the bait has been taken. Well done.

Not trying to stir the pot. Just curious about this topic.

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 12:20 AM

He said in an interview that zeros on the paycheck arent neccessarily the most important thing. He also touched on a few other things that made me believe hes not looking to leave.

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Your assuming he fails and gets fired in the next job. Plus usually those jobs are guaranteed for the life of the contract or has a heavy buyout for the coach.

Wrong

Wyoming's coach has a base of 190k with ridiculous incentives. His current buyout pays him 596k
Of course he made 1.2 million last year and the year before but his BCS coaching career is essentially over

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-fires-head-football-coach-dave-christensen/article_88a246ad-481c-5486-b526-4f3161a20471.html?mobile_touch=true

bisonaudit
12-02-2013, 12:41 AM

I'm pretty sure she's working right now for reasons other than need.

kab1one
12-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Wrong

Wyoming's coach has a base of 190k with ridiculous incentives. His current buyout pays him 596k
Of course he made 1.2 million last year and the year before but his BCS coaching career is essentially over

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/wyoming-fires-head-football-coach-dave-christensen/article_88a246ad-481c-5486-b526-4f3161a20471.html?mobile_touch=true

I also would like to think 3 straight national championships would lead to a decent FBS job, not Wyoming.

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 12:43 AM
I also would like to think 3 straight national championships would lead to a decent FBS job, not Wyoming.

Ask Jerry Moore.

imabison
12-02-2013, 12:51 AM

One thing to point out is that Bohl will be the last person to even acknowledge if he has even been contacted. I have heard in the past that he had talked with Minnesota and Colorado State. Maturi was the Gopher source and a Colorado State booster was the other.

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Ask Jerry Moore.

Exactly. Everyone made the assumption he was gone and that proved to be very wrong. Sometimes a coach is just a perfect fit for the program. Moore was obvious a perfect fit just like Bohl

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 01:01 AM
One thing to point out is that Bohl will be the last person to even acknowledge if he has even been contacted. I have heard in the past that he had talked with Minnesota and Colorado State. Maturi was the Gopher source and a Colorado State booster was the other.

He has one rule when this subject comes up. He doesnt talk about it.

90 BISON
12-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Yes, Boise State University. Coach Pete stays for many reasons. His sons health issues (Cancer) was many years ago. Hopefully he has grown out of it. There were other hospitals and places, he likes the quality of living in Boise. He makes over $2M, lives close to campus, can be by a lake in 30 minutes to 2 hours. Both of his sons are in HS now. BSU just built a brand new $22M Football Facility on the north end of the stadium. We could lose him, nothing is for sure, but he isn't the kind of guy that wants to put up with the turmoil of the BIG Programs. He came to us from Oregon and has experienced the trials and tribulations of BCS Programs.

Great reasons why Coach Peterson is staying in Boise, many of those same reasons apply to Coach Bohl staying at NDSU. Coach Bohl also came to us from a big program with trials and tribulations (Nebraska where he incidentially won a National Title). He enjoys living in Fargo as well and has great workplace facilities. Sure he doesn't make $2 million a year, but is $400,000 a year a bad salary? If you think so please hire me. :biggrin:

NWNDBison
12-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Ask Jerry Moore.

Jerry Moore was also 68 years old by the time he finished his 3-peat. Some guys are quite content making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, especially when they are content with what they have. Selling out for millions can have a price to pay. A smart man knows when he's got a good thing going.

natstar1
12-02-2013, 01:35 AM

Wrong

He said "usually." So your one example doesn't make him wrong.

TateMosersneighbor
12-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Nick Saban is going to UND and Bohl is headed to Alabama to save their program.

calelars24
12-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Nick Saban is going to UND and Bohl is headed to Alabama to save their program.
I am not sure Saban could even save that mess:biggrin:

ndsubison1
12-02-2013, 04:16 AM

if he leaves it will be for a midwest bcs job imo. i have nothing to prove this but bohl wont leave for a non major conference job. he believes ndsu is the top mid major job in the country

BisonNeil
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Ask Jerry Moore.

Not quite a true comparison. Moore had his FBS HC coaching gig and failed at Texas Tech before going to Appy State. Bohl hasn't been a HC at a big time school yet.

Bison Dan
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Any of the B1G coaches or Big 12 get fired?

79FCourt
12-02-2013, 03:11 PM
The Wyoming Tribune Eagle (Cheyenne, WY) had an article today about coaches that WYO should look at. Bohl was the first one listed. Ironically the article was written by Scott Nulph, a _ND guy that works at the Laramie newspaper.

SafeTeeJ
12-02-2013, 03:16 PM
The Wyoming Tribune Eagle (Cheyenne, WY) had an article today about coaches that WYO should look at. Bohl was the first one listed. Ironically the article was written by Scott Nulph, a _ND guy that works at the Laramie newspaper.

Rumor has it Coach Bohl took up fly-fishing....?

FCourt....? Nice Handle. Ha!! that place brings back some memories. :cheers:

79FCourt
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks! Spent 2 years in FCourt, most of it on housing probation.

Rumor has it Coach Bohl took up fly-fishing....?

FCourt....? Nice Handle. Ha!! that place brings back some memories. :cheers:

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 04:09 PM

Of course, it's the good old boys network. He's doing the Sioux a service by stating that

bisonmike2
12-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Anyone knocking on Bohls door?

Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. He is not in danger. He is the danger. He is the one who knocks!

/had to. first thing I thought of, going through breaking bad withdrawals.

NDSU
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
here is the newspaper link: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_wyoming/football/who-s-next-candidates-abound-for-uw-s-head-coaching/article_0c6490a6-5b22-11e3-913d-001a4bcf887a.html

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 04:21 PM
here is the newspaper link: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_wyoming/football/who-s-next-candidates-abound-for-uw-s-head-coaching/article_0c6490a6-5b22-11e3-913d-001a4bcf887a.html

I bet you the starter of this thread is the writer of the article

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Not quite a true comparison. Moore had his FBS HC coaching gig and failed at Texas Tech before going to Appy State. Bohl hasn't been a HC at a big time school yet.

Should have expanded my comment to---ask Jerry Moore whats important. as in hes been on both sides of the fence

tony
12-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
UND.
UND Whioux.

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Petrino's obviously the name on that list. I'm not sure why Mark Mangino doesn't get more attention. He's great at turning around struggling programs but very abrasive.

SDbison
12-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
UND.
UND Whioux. ha ha........good one tony!

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
UND.
UND Whioux.

Well played!!!

bison_by_blood
12-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Legacy secured as best coach and a legend yes. But 10 years, a couple more natties and a move up to FBS happens and we might be playing at Craig Bohl Stadium after that.

td577
12-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I have said this before and will say it again. I fully expect CB to sit down and listen to any serious offers out there. 7 figure salaries don't come around all that often and he could set his grandchildren up with one contract. I also think CB won't just take any job. There will have to be some tangible evidence an institution is committed to winning. Strong booster foundation, supportive administration, and an athletic director he can work with. If I remember right, his current contract is set up to allow for a fairly smooth exit if he were offered a BCS program position.

He has developed a seriously effective formula. I think CB knows if that would translate to the next level. The next level is a completely different animal. Right now, he is making a living out of bringing in these FCS/FBS tweeners and using four to five years developing them into high level football players who can play at any level. In a BCS program, he can't take chances on tweeners. He has to recruit athletes with stars after their name. Sometimes those athletes don't stick around for four years. It changes the way you want to run your program.

If you were to ask me, I think the most impact he could have at the FBS level would that next level down from the BCS conferences. He could run a very similar program to here because he could recruit some of the same kids with a four year commitment. He could develop teams that could compete with the big boys based on discipline and fundamentals. He could do exactly what he is doing here with 20 more scholarships, creating that depth that can compete every week against FBS competition. In fact, the best way for him to impact FBS the greatest would be for NDSU to move up and then he wouldn't have to move away, if that is his goal. Right now, with 20 more scholarships, NDSU would be competitive in most FBS conferences.

This isn't an argument for NDSU to move up as I think that will happen when the right people think it is the right move. I just think if you see Coach Bohl move up, the program will have to look very similar to what is going on here or have the potential for that. I also think any program that is currently needing serious rebuilding has to be patient for 3-5 years and allow CB to work his plan. What BCS programs would give a guy a 5 year time period to build a system? Then, once that system is built, knowing your coach is in the twilight of his career. Granted early 60s is pretty young these days and I don't think anyone gets hired thinking much past the first contract, but would 10 years be enough to establish the Bohl tradition in another institution? 10 more years here and like bison_by_blood said, you are going to games in Bohl Stadium.

It will be very interesting what direction CB might take if offered the perfect position for him and his family. I am not worried about Bison football because there is now a tradition established and the next coach has to keep that tradition, not build it. I would actually be more worried if Taylor left and that leg of support wavered.

EndZoneQB
12-02-2013, 07:08 PM
People always say the CB system takes too long for it to work at the FBS level. Wrong. We have to remember he even admitted to not working the recruiting trails very hard after they won a little bit. You have to think the whole shebang started after the 3-8 season. If you look at it that way, the team wasn't full of 4-5 year guys, he brought in an amazing freshman class, went 9-5 and to the quarterfinals...the next two years we won championships. That's a QUICK turnaround from 3-8...his system in place or not. Think about it....and before that, he was recruiting to a DII team that wasn't eligible for the playoffs.

When it counted, it took him two years to flip the program from bottom feeder to champion. Impressive.

td577
12-02-2013, 07:42 PM
People always say the CB system takes too long for it to work at the FBS level. Wrong. We have to remember he even admitted to not working the recruiting trails very hard after they won a little bit. You have to think the whole shebang started after the 3-8 season. If you look at it that way, the team wasn't full of 4-5 year guys, he brought in an amazing freshman class, went 9-5 and to the quarterfinals...the next two years we won championships. That's a QUICK turnaround from 3-8...his system in place or not. Think about it....and before that, he was recruiting to a DII team that wasn't eligible for the playoffs.

When it counted, it took him two years to flip the program from bottom feeder to champion. Impressive.

I agree if he is out recruiting 4 and 5 star athletes right away to play as sophomores that he can win pretty quick. I also think that unless you are one of the top 5 programs in the country, you can't sustain that level for very long. CB's system here is predicated on recruiting guys who are projected to contribute at year two and start year three and four (there are exceptions). If he were to carry that same system to the next level, then he can not recruit 4 or 5 star athletes who are leaving after year two. It would be a minimum of four years to build a sustainable, competitive program at the FBS level. It would be the fifth year he will have established a rhythm for the program.

CB also said after some early success, then failure, he wasn't recruiting the right players for the MVFC. He also learned he has to recruit every position, every year. For example, you can't stagger recruiting QBs. Just because you had a Walker and Jensen, sometimes the Mertens don't work out so well and since you banked on longevity, no one else is ready. I think the very lessons that were learned in those first few years has contributed greatly to the possibility of sustained success. Also, everyone didn't see the last two championships happening. We were all looking at 2013 as the year everything would gel together from his "first" great recruiting class. The loss to EWU probably jump started this program as much as any game in the first few years. If you get out of the conference, you can compete with anyone.

I think any program wanting to hire CB wouldn't be looking for a quick fix. He has turned into a program building coach.

OrygunBison
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Shit, the Washington Huskies job just opened up. That's probably the only Pac12 team other than Stanford that CB's philosophy would thrive. Historically, the Huskies have been a mirror of old Michigan teams.

Jay
12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
@WyoNationDotCom: If I'm reading into Burman's teleconference it seems like Craig Bohl from NDSU is a top choice. Tough teams, mentally and physically

https://twitter.com/wyonationdotcom/status/407632438244802560

TAILG8R
12-02-2013, 10:17 PM
@WyoNationDotCom: If I'm reading into Burman's teleconference it seems like Craig Bohl from NDSU is a top choice. Tough teams, mentally and physically

No way he would take the Wyoming job.

Bison"FANatic"
12-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Yep I am not concerned with losing him to them. Just don't see it ever happening.

DjKyRo
12-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I will light myself on fire in front of the Bison statue outside South Engineering if Bohl takes the Wyoming job.

Tatanka
12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I will light myself on fire in front of the Bison statue outside South Engineering if Bohl takes the Wyoming job.

I will sell tickets to said event, well over face value, on Bisonville, and will create a separate thread for the sole purpose of encouraging others to flame me for doing so.

PlainsBison
12-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Everyone remember that Bohl wanted a long term contract because when he went on recruiting visits, they wanted to be assured he would be around if x player was going to NDSU.

JMB
12-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Do Athletic Directors drop hints like that if something isn't in the works?

td577
12-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Everyone remember that Bohl wanted a long term contract because when he went on recruiting visits, they wanted to be assured he would be around if x player was going to NDSU.

That is true, but he also has a BCS conference clause that gives him an early out. Smart move. Basically saying it would have to take a perfect opportunity for him to leave. The only question is, what is perfect? Nebraska? Their fans don't want the coach who averages 9+ wins a season now. That is not indicative of a supportive fan base. They already have sustained success going on. I don't like pelini, but it isn't like they are chopped liver either.

I think it would take a very special situation for him to leave.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Do Athletic Directors drop hints like that if something isn't in the works?

Unless I am completely off base, this account is like the equivilent of tony.

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 12:24 AM

And he quickly corrects himself...

@WyoNationDotCom

I should clarify my earlier tweet, Bohl not a favorite, but certainly fits what Burman said earlier about making team tougher.

JMB
12-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Never mind, nothing to see here, move along...

And he quickly corrects himself...

@WyoNationDotCom

I should clarify my earlier tweet, Bohl not a favorite, but certainly fits what Burman said earlier about making team tougher.

bisonaudit
12-03-2013, 12:38 AM
That is true, but he also has a BCS conference clause that gives him an early out. Smart move. Basically saying it would have to take a perfect opportunity for him to leave. The only question is, what is perfect? Nebraska? Their fans don't want the coach who averages 9+ wins a season now. That is not indicative of a supportive fan base. They already have sustained success going on. I don't like pelini, but it isn't like they are chopped liver either.

I think it would take a very special situation for him to leave.

There is a penalty payment to NDSU tied to the exercise of that clause.

Ndsu84
12-03-2013, 12:41 AM
The problem Nebraska has with their coach is not the number of wins, it's that he's an asshole.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Bohl isn't taking a pud job like Wyoming.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2013, 12:47 AM

I'm sure one that any hiring BCS school would have no problem buying out.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2013, 12:48 AM
The problem Nebraska has with their coach is not the number of wins, it's that he's an asshole.

Nail, meet hammer.

totoinfl
12-03-2013, 12:52 AM
The Washington job is far more concerning. Big conference, big money a place at the table when the 4 team playoff program takes effect next year.

td577
12-03-2013, 02:19 AM

Here it is from the contract:

(b) If, within 90 days of resignation, Coach accepts a head coaching assignment for another NCAA football program, Coach shall pay to NDSU the sum of $100,000 unless such other football program is eligible for an automatic conference berth in a BCS Bowl Game in which event Coach shall pay to NDSU a sum equal to twice his then-current salary ($206,503 + 5% a year starting July 1st, 2013) established in Paragraph 2.1 (without adjustment for any customary University fringe benefits).

So, if he leaves for any other NCAA program, he pays $100,000 in a penalty. If he leaves for a BCS eligible program, the penalty is twice his current salary. For some reason, I thought it was the other way around where it was less painful to go to a BCS program. The school is basically betting he won't leave for anything but a BCS Bowl eligible program. Any BCS program that comes calling will have to cough up close to a half million before even discussing Bohl's salary.

He has already racked up $15,000 in bonuses with the conference title and one home playoff game. Another $20k with the road to and including a three-peat. He doesn't get a take on playoff seats, but with his 3% of gross home single game and season tickets revenue, I am sure he had a good year in that part. That has to be in the $90k area. Media and personal appearances and such (another $65k), he is doing alright money wise in the little town of Fargo.

My favorite part of his contract. He has exclusive priority to Dakota Practice Facility and the dome over any other NDSU athletic team.

The more I read his contract, the more it seems it was written with the idea he isn't going anywhere without NDSU getting something back and making it a little bit painful for someone going after him.

Hammersmith
12-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Here it is from the contract:

(b) If, within 90 days of resignation, Coach accepts a head coaching assignment for another NCAA football program, Coach shall pay to NDSU the sum of $100,000 unless such other football program is eligible for an automatic conference berth in a BCS Bowl Game in which event Coach shall pay to NDSU a sum equal to twice his then-current salary ($206,503 + 5% a year starting July 1st, 2013) established in Paragraph 2.1 (without adjustment for any customary University fringe benefits).

So, if he leaves for any other NCAA program, he pays $100,000 in a penalty. If he leaves for a BCS eligible program, the penalty is twice his current salary. For some reason, I thought it was the other way around where it was less painful to go to a BCS program. The school is basically betting he won't leave for anything but a BCS Bowl eligible program. Any BCS program that comes calling will have to cough up close to a half million before even discussing Bohl's salary.

He has already racked up $15,000 in bonuses with the conference title and one home playoff game. Another $20k with the road to and including a three-peat. He doesn't get a take on playoff seats, but with his 3% of gross home single game and season tickets revenue, I am sure he had a good year in that part. That has to be in the $90k area. Media and personal appearances and such (another $65k), he is doing alright money wise in the little town of Fargo.

My favorite part of his contract. He has exclusive priority to Dakota Practice Facility and the dome over any other NDSU athletic team.

The more I read his contract, the more it seems it was written with the idea he isn't going anywhere without NDSU getting something back and making it a little bit painful for someone going after him.

His previous contract made it easy for him to go to an FBS team. There was no penalty in that contract for a higher level job.

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 03:12 AM

He would have no interest in WYO. Things have been in the dumps for so long. If he goes....it will be to a quality BCS program for a shit ton of cash.

Jay
12-03-2013, 04:19 AM
This guy isn't to happy we found his tweet. Just fantastic.

@MrTitleist: @Bwahlberg These NDSU fans are fucking insane. They're trolling my WyoNation acct for mentioning Bohl as a HC candidate.

https://twitter.com/mrtitleist/status/407719841273901056

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 04:28 AM
This guy isn't to happy we found his tweet. Just fantastic.

@MrTitleist: @Bwahlberg These NDSU fans are fucking insane. They're trolling my WyoNation acct for mentioning Bohl as a HC candidate.

https://twitter.com/mrtitleist/status/407719841273901056

Wyonation is the best WYO site as far as I am concerned and Mr Titlest is a good board admin. If interested the address is:

http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

If you stop by, be respectful. WYO is coming off a shit year.

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Wyonation is the best WYO site as far as I am concerned and Mr Titlest is a good board admin. If interested the address is:

http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

If you stop by, be respectful. WYO is coming off a shit year.

I figured 5-7 would pass for decent out there.

GOBISON123
12-03-2013, 04:44 AM
3rd Championship is on the line and some folks still wanna talk about Coach Bohl going to Alaska, Nebraska, everywhere....he himself modified the contract to state that if he leaves Bison Nation he will pay $400,000 and other benefits, but people like gossip. Enough of this nonsense .

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 04:55 AM
3rd Championship is on the line and some folks still wanna talk about Coach Bohl going to Alaska, Nebraska, everywhere....he himself modified the contract to state that if he leaves Bison Nation he will pay $400,000 and other benefits, but people like gossip. Enough of this nonsense .

Uh....as far as I know no one on this board has anything to do with winning a championship. We are fans and fans will continually pontificate and speculate.

GOBISON123
12-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Uh....as far as I know no one on this board has anything to do with winning a championship. We are fans and fans will continually pontificate and speculate.

I agree, but i am just concerned if this is the right time to discuss these things ?

56BISON73
12-03-2013, 05:12 AM
I agree, but i am just concerned if this is the right time to discuss these things ?

Its discussed every week 52 weeks a year here. Havent you noticed.

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 05:13 AM

Why not? It is a thought in one heck of a bunch of fans minds.

GOBISON123
12-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Why not? It is a thought in one heck of a bunch of fans minds.

:cheers::cool:

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 05:30 AM

Exactly. Its like some fans are too stupid to figure out that recruits read this board. Competing teams read this board. They love to read rumors to tell recruits our coach is leaving. Gives them an advantage. I think half the rumors are started by trolls of other teams to create uncertainty and we just go feed them.

And what's funny is the starter of the thread claims he's from Boise and then within a day of him posting, the Laramie paper has an article saying Bohl is the #1 candidate for the Wyoming job and the writer is fucking UND GRAD!! God people are dumb. Put 1 and 1 together. Make me a mod and I will delete all this shit: Especially in December / January ... the #1 recruiting month.

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2013, 05:49 AM
how high would NDSU be willing to counter offer? If wyoming were to come in and offer 1 million (which some over there are suggesting), would NDSU be able to make a serious counter offer? I think that the numbers guys will agree that there is alot of room to boost ticket prices.

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 05:51 AM
how high would NDSU be willing to counter offer? If wyoming were to come in and offer 1 million (which some over there are suggesting), would NDSU be able to make a serious counter offer? I think that the numbers guys will agree that there is alot of room to boost ticket prices.

Keep feeding the trolls. :facepalm:

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2013, 06:08 AM

if a recruit is smart, they'll know this is a possibility. If anything, I think the stronger case is that Bohl will remain.

I mean right now we're 'worried' about Bohl going to wyoming, an inferior program with no history, poor facilities, terrible recruiting grounds in what appears to be a shitty town, instead of going to a marquee job or staying and playing for the hall of fame and Bohl Stadium.

There is nothing to be worried about in the MWC, aside from maybe Boise, and that job may not be open again for a few decades.

56BISON73
12-03-2013, 06:21 AM
if a recruit is smart, they'll know this is a possibility. If anything, I think the stronger case is that Bohl will remain.

I mean right now we're 'worried' about Bohl going to wyoming, an inferior program with no history, poor facilities, terrible recruiting grounds in what appears to be a shitty town, instead of going to a marquee job or staying and playing for the hall of fame and Bohl Stadium.

There is nothing to be worried about in the MWC, aside from maybe Boise, and that job may not be open again for a few decades.

Whos worried? Not me.

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Nobodies worried except a few people who are trying to go out of their way to convince us he would leave for Wyoming. Not sure why they say that. Apparently they have this silly need to be right or just like to argue. The only person who publicly suggested it was a writer who is a former UND grad and a few gullible people believed it. Bohl is not leaving for Wyoming. No chance. He was apparently leaving in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. He turned down interviews with a known Mac school. We'll never learn. NDSU is the premier FCS job in the nation and better than many FBS teams. He's paid on par with some FBS teams right now. Unless a BIG TIME job comes along, I would not expect Bohl to leave because it's obvious he loves it here and has a great gig. Family connections. Heck even his son plays football at MSUM. (and gets free tuition as part of his contract too) Guys a freakin rock star here and is the modern era Jerry Moore at the helm of the modern era App State.

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Nobodies worried except a few people who are trying to go out of their way to convince us he would leave for Wyoming. Not sure why they say that. Apparently they have this silly need to be right or just like to argue. The only person who publicly suggested it was a writer who is a former UND grad and a few gullible people believed it. Bohl is not leaving for Wyoming. No chance. He was apparently leaving in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. He turned down interviews with a known Mac school. We'll never learn. NDSU is the premier FCS job in the nation and better than many FBS teams. He's paid on par with some FBS teams right now. Unless a BIG TIME job comes along, I would not expect Bohl to leave because it's obvious he loves it here and has a great gig. Family connections. Heck even his son plays football at MSUM. (and gets free tuition as part of his contract too) Guys a freakin rock star here and is the modern era Jerry Moore at the helm of the modern era App State.

And the Bison fans will continue to discuss Bohl‘s departure as it is a very real possibility given his success. So what....discussing it will have ZERO effect on recruiting, whether we win another title or whether Bohl entertains an offer from another school. Chill out for god sake. No recruit gives a shit what a fan named WYO or a fan named gabe thinks.

Mayville Bison
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Me thinks you need to re-read his post because you are saying the exact same thing he is. Think of 'woried' as /purple and it might make more sense.

And the Bison fans will continue to discuss Bohl‘s departure as it is a very real possibility given his success. So what....discussing it will have ZERO effect on recruiting, whether we win another title or whether Bohl entertains an offer from another school. Chill out for god sake. No recruit gives a shit what a fan named WYO or a fan named gabe thinks.

Great post!

ACECON
12-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Exactly. Its like some fans are too stupid to figure out that recruits read this board. Competing teams read this board. They love to read rumors to tell recruits our coach is leaving. Gives them an advantage. I think half the rumors are started by trolls of other teams to create uncertainty and we just go feed them.

And what's funny is the starter of the thread claims he's from Boise and then within a day of him posting, the Laramie paper has an article saying Bohl is the #1 candidate for the Wyoming job and the writer is fucking UND GRAD!! God people are dumb. Put 1 and 1 together. Make me a mod and I will delete all this shit: Especially in December / January ... the #1 recruiting month.

You are dead wrong with your second paragraph. My original post was just out of curiosity, nothing more. The article in the Wyoming site was/is purely coincidence. My initial reason for asking about Coach Bohl is because at Boise State we get the same questions this time of year about Coach Pete. Incidentally he told USC 2 days ago to take him out of the running. The more I read about Coach Bohl the more he is from the same mold as Pete or vice/versa. I stick by my claim that I am from Boise, since 74. I also grew up in Fergus Falls and have followed the Bison for years. GO BRONCOS, GO BISON.

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 02:37 PM

You honestly believe that a recruit doesn't factor into his decision the status of his head coach? Its a major factor and feeding unfounded rumors hurts the program regardless of who talks about it. Even Bohl has said it has a negative impact. Yes fans will talk about it and yes it will hurt recruiting.

Mayville Bison
12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
You honestly believe that a recruit doesn't factor into his decision the status of his head coach? Its a major factor and feeding unfounded rumors hurts the program regardless of who talks about it. Even Bohl has said it has a negative impact. Yes fans will talk about it and yes it will hurt recruiting.

What you are saying has more to do with losing teams than teams that may lose their coach because they have been successful. If a recruit has to go to a message board to understand that Bohl might leave, he obviously doesn't understand what's going on here. He's going to understand that risk before he even gets a visit and he's going to ask Coach Bohl himself if he's worried about it. A recruits decision on committing to NDSU or elsewhere right now has absolutely nothing to do with the discussions on this board.

Now if a team finishes at 3-8 and there's talk of firing the coach (see fire Bohl/Muss threads), then your argument may have some play.

HerdBot
12-03-2013, 03:10 PM
What you are saying has more to do with losing teams than teams that may lose their coach because they have been successful. If a recruit has to go to a message board to understand that Bohl might leave, he obviously doesn't understand what's going on here. He's going to understand that risk before he even gets a visit and he's going to ask Coach Bohl himself if he's worried about it. A recruits decision on committing to NDSU or elsewhere right now has absolutely nothing to do with the discussions on this board.

Now if a team finishes at 3-8 and there's talk of firing the coach (see fire Bohl/Muss threads), then your argument may have some play.

I may be overstating it a little. Your corrrct that we do have a winning tradition. I dont think it matters as much to ND/MN kids but when yiu have guys from 1000 miles away I think it hurts. Remember this is really the only message board people read. I've heard stories of media people, coaches, players family, and other teams coaches visit this site. Everyone reads this board. Its not the old days of Bisoville when I started posting here in 2004. I have no more to say on the topic. Sorry to everyone for being an asshole! :)

HoopsBison
12-03-2013, 03:11 PM

Gabe lets not act like you don't post stupid stuff....

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

EndZoneQB
12-03-2013, 05:02 PM
You are dead wrong with your second paragraph. My original post was just out of curiosity, nothing more. The article in the Wyoming site was/is purely coincidence. My initial reason for asking about Coach Bohl is because at Boise State we get the same questions this time of year about Coach Pete. Incidentally he told USC 2 days ago to take him out of the running. The more I read about Coach Bohl the more he is from the same mold as Pete or vice/versa. I stick by my claim that I am from Boise, since 74. I also grew up in Fergus Falls and have followed the Bison for years. GO BRONCOS, GO BISON.

Yeah lol You've been around here for a couple years...people don't remember you, but I do. You've always said you were a BSU fan...so no harm no foul, don't mind gabe lol

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2013, 05:09 PM

If a kid makes a decision based on what I say as to whether or not to come here, then he is probably not bright enough to make it through school. And so far I have not read anything profound enough from you that would influence that type of the decision either.

heffray
12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
If a kid makes a decision based on what I say as to whether or not to come here, then he is probably not bright enough to make it through school. And so far I have not read anything profound enough from you that would influence that type of the decision either.

I personally don't make any decisions about my life in general without perusing Bisonville for some sage gabe wisdom and spending time meditating on it. It's like reading the Bible to start your day, for me...

We need to start a "Daily Gabe Devotional" thread.

KSBisonFan
12-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I may be overstating it a little. Your corrrct that we do have a winning tradition. I dont think it matters as much to ND/MN kids but when yiu have guys from 1000 miles away I think it hurts. Remember this is really the only message board people read. I've heard stories of media people, coaches, players family, and other teams coaches visit this site. Everyone reads this board. Its not the old days of Bisoville when I started posting here in 2004. I have no more to say on the topic. Sorry to everyone for being an asshole! :)

First of all, thank you for the early Christmas present.
2nd of all, I highly doubt it.

rutlandbison
12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I absolutely love how a new poster can come here, post a serious question and be labeled a troll. It's time to take the green and yellow glasses off and realize there is a world beyond NDSU out there.

EndZoneQB
12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I absolutely love how a new poster can come here, post a serious question and be labeled a troll. It's time to take the green and yellow glasses off and realize there is a world beyond NDSU out there.

It's not even a new poster. Look at the damn join date...if some of you trolls here would actually pay attention to what's going on around here, you'd know that ACECON is not new and has been posting for awhile. Clearly a BSU fan. Don't believe me? A quick search of the username in google will show you he's not trolling...relax guys.

td577
12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I sure hope any recruit will have the decency to ask CB these questions rather than relying on a message board.

As far as my comments go, I just enjoy the speculation. Until CB says he is done here, I am going with the assumption he is exactly where he wants to be.

JSUBison
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
It's not even a new poster. Look at the damn join date...if some of you trolls here would actually pay attention to what's going on around here, you'd know that ACECON is not new and has been posting for awhile. Clearly a BSU fan. Don't believe me? A quick search of the username in google will show you he's not trolling...relax guys.

:nod: I said the same thing 11 months ago, but some people have the memory of a brick:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29685-Hello-from-Boise-State&p=704037#post704037

kab1one
12-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Is it possible that there isn't a lot of interest in a FCS coach in the FBS ranks? Lot of younger FBS assistants gunning for head coaching jobs. So maybe there isn't a lot of interset.

NDSUstudent
12-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Like we all thought.....

I'm told North Dakota State coach Craig Bohl has "zero interest" in coming to Wyoming. On to the next one. #gowyo

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/408056294386302976

CAS4127
12-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Like we all thought.....

Actually, this means his GASF was below 0--much like my position on all posts by Sicitiko or whatever his name is!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mayville Bison
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Like we all thought.....

Would be interesting to know his source - is it someone close to Bohl, someone at Wyo, or Bisonville?

bri-dog
12-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Would be interesting to know his source - is it someone close to Bohl, someone at Wyo, or Bisonville?

Google tells me he's the Wyoming beat writer for the Casper Star-Tribune, so I assume he some good sources inside their program...

mnriverbison
12-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Not that I am aware of.

KSBisonFan
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Like we all thought.....

Translation:

Bohl's secretary: "Thank you for calling NDSU Football, home of the soon to be 3-time FCS football champions, how may I direct your call?"
Caller: Clears throat and alters voice...."Hi, this is USC calling for Craig Bohl."
Bohl's secretary: "Seriously? Is this Wyoming calling again?"
Caller: "Uuuummmm, No?"
Bohl's secretary: "Bull$h!t! He's told you 40 times just today that he's not interested! When Coach Bohl wants to go on an antelope hunt, I'll have him call you!!!" Throws phone against the wall.
Coach Bohl: "Was that those loosers from Wyoming again?"

heffray
12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Translation:

Bohl's secretary: "Thank you for calling NDSU Football, home of the soon to be 3-time FCS football champions, how may I direct your call?"
Caller: Clears throat and alters voice...."Hi, this is USC calling for Craig Bohl."
Bohl's secretary: "Seriously? Is this Wyoming calling again?"
Caller: "Uuuummmm, No?"
Bohl's secretary: "Bull$h!t! He's told you 40 times just today that he's not interested! When Coach Bohl wants to go on an antelope hunt, I'll have him call you!!!" Throws phone against the wall.
Coach Bohl: "Was that those loosers from Wyoming again?"

...or are they tighter?

KSBisonFan
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
...or are they tighter?

Looser is the new loser on BV ever since the VB team was loosing so damn much money. Bohl reads BV for coaching tips and to see who we're recruiting so he's adopted the BV spelling.

NDSU1980
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I remember when we played WY back in 2008. Some radio station talked to Nulph about the game and Nulph flat out said he hoped Wyoming won the game because he went to und. I dropped my Forum subscription because of that incident several months, and made sure they knew exactly WHY I was dropping it.

heffray
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Looser is the new loser on BV ever since the VB team was loosing so damn much money. Bohl reads BV for coaching tips and to see who we're recruiting so he's adopted the BV spelling.

I learn something new everytime you post, KS...

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2013, 06:34 PM
I learn something new everytime you post, KS...

Did you just tell KS to post more?

KSBisonFan
12-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Did you just tell KS to post more?

Pretty sure he did. Check neg rep.

IzzyFlexion
12-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Pretty sure he did. Check neg rep.

Try to keep up dude.
It's negg rep.

Elvis was a Bison
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Breaking news... BSU HC going west to Washington. Could Boise be looking east for CB?

aces1180
12-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Breaking news... BSU HC going west to Washington. Could Boise be looking east for CB?

Boise is the only non-BCS schools I could see CB pursuing.

ACECON
12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
That isn't the news BSU fans were wanting to hear this am. We are waiting for a news release, hoping all of the internet ramblings are false. A private plane landed at Boise last night, had a 90 minute meeting and left two hours later. If true, Pete's $750,000 buyout didn't slow them down. They are forecasting he would be the highest or one of the highest paid coaches in the PAC-12. Hard to say who be a candidate for this vacancy. I would give my vote to Coach Bohl, if I had one.
Stay tuned.

HerdBot
12-06-2013, 03:03 PM
That isn't the news BSU fans were wanting to hear this am. We are waiting for a news release, hoping all of the internet ramblings are false. A private plane landed at Boise last night, had a 90 minute meeting and left two hours later. If true, Pete's $750,000 buyout didn't slow them down. They are forecasting he would be the highest or one of the highest paid coaches in the PAC-12. Hard to say who be a candidate for this vacancy. I would give my vote to Coach Bohl, if I had one.
Stay tuned.

Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin would be a great fit too. His offense is certainly more up Boises alley and he beat #25Oregon State this year and won an FCS National Championship in 2010. In 6 years he's won the National Championship and has made the playoffs 4 times and will be making a run at a 2nd this year. Eastern Washington was pretty bad before he showed up. He's been a coach in Washington since 1994 so this is his territory

2013 - Beat #25 Oregon State
2012 - Lost to Washington State 24-20
2011 - Lost to Washington 30-27
2010 - Beat us but we got screwed in OT

Bisonator98
12-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin would be a great fit too. His offense is certainly more up Boises alley and he's beaten Oregon State and won an FCS National Championship. In 6 years he's won the National Championship and has made the playoffs 4 times and will be making a run at a 2nd this year. Eastern Washington was pretty bad before he showed up. He's been a coach in Washington since 1994 so this is his territory

This.

Besides I think there is going to be something happening here within the next 10 years.

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin would be a great fit too. His offense is certainly more up Boises alley and he beat #25Oregon State this year and won an FCS National Championship in 2010. In 6 years he's won the National Championship and has made the playoffs 4 times and will be making a run at a 2nd this year. Eastern Washington was pretty bad before he showed up. He's been a coach in Washington since 1994 so this is his territory

2013 - Beat #25 Oregon State
2012 - Lost to Washington State 24-20
2011 - Lost to Washington 30-27
2010 - Beat us but we got screwed in OT

I don't follow Boise to closely have they been grooming and assistants. It just seems like they would not want to rock the boat to much with their staff and success as they have a long ways they could possibly fall with the wrong decision. What they have took a long time to build and with one wrong hire they could be mediocre in conference and a after thought. Their national perceived success is predicated on smashing their conference.

ACECON
12-06-2013, 03:27 PM
This mornings talk, for what it is worth is about bringing back the coach who started getting us on the map. Dirk Koetter. He is presently OC for the Atlanta Falcons. Pete was OC under him. We also have a new AD from the SEC, who might bring in somebody new. So in this whirlwind college football scene can change very fast. Sarkanian going to USC on Monday made all of this happen.

ZHerd
12-06-2013, 03:41 PM
This mornings talk, for what it is worth is about bringing back the coach who started getting us on the map. Dirk Koetter. He is presently OC for the Atlanta Falcons. Pete was OC under him. We also have a new AD from the SEC, who might bring in somebody new. So in this whirlwind college football scene can change very fast. Sarkanian going to USC on Monday made all of this happen.

Acecon, ya seem like a good feller and all, and I like Boise St. and have thouroughly enjoyed watching them chop BCS schools down to size over the years (especially the beat downs of OR and Georgia), but you CAN'T HAVE COACH BOHL!!! And since that was all caps you must heed it. He is in a booming program that I believe will continue making progress in a great university that will continue growing. Boise is stagnated right now imo due to bad programs in their other sports, plus from what I've heard the university isn't a very good university academically etc. Besides coach Bohl is allergic to blue turf thus if you don't want to see him in anafulactic (butchered that spelling) shock than tell your AD and others to leave him alone. You have our condolences but not our coach. Now go pester them Eagles.

ACECON
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
LOL, I have no say in the matter. I'm sure they are going in a different direction, Coach Bohl is safe. We have our undefeated BB team to watch to take our mind off of it. #3 Kentucky next Tuesday, hopefully we can hang with them. I'll have my eyes on The Bison this Saturday.

Mayville Bison
12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
LOL, I have no say in the matter. I'm sure they are going in a different direction, Coach Bohl is safe. We have our undefeated BB team to watch to take our mind off of it. #3 Kentucky next Tuesday, hopefully we can hang with them. I'll have my eyes on The Bison this Saturday.

Obviously, they are afraid of his strict stance against yellow on yellow unis and how he might say the same thing about blue on blue