PDA

View Full Version : Seniors that start

ACECON
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
BSU (Boise) here. I'm just curious how many seniors start and how many are there on the team. What does you team look like for next year as far as experience? Hopefully you will three peat this year. Looking forward to watching the games that are coming up. GO BISON.

tony
12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
BSU (Boise) here. I'm just curious how many seniors start and how many are there on the team. What does you team look like for next year as far as experience? Hopefully you will three peat this year. Looking forward to watching the games that are coming up. GO BISON.

24 seniors, currently 11 are starting. 7 on offense and 4 on defense (Grant Olson, our All-American LB, is out or it'd be 5 starting on defense.)

Hard to imagine the Bison without those guys.

HerdBoy
12-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It should be a pretty interesting year next year. Overall they should be pretty solid.

Ndsu84
12-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Our seniors are outstanding. Because of their leadership and example, the Bison will not lose a step.

SDbison
12-01-2013, 03:21 PM
For starting RB's the Bison will return half of the tandem that gets over 1000 yards each for the last 2 years. Sam Ojuri is a Senior and John Crockett is a Junior this year. There are other younger RB's that are good and have some experience if NDSU wants to continue to have tandem RB's.

Bison Gal
12-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Next year will be interesting indeed. We'll be losing a lot of experience, but retain a lot of recognizeable, experienced young men as well. The upcoming QB Wentz looks to be pretty talented. Will be fun to see how the team performs next year.

And my understanding is last year's recruiting class was arguably the strongest yet.....and this year's recruits so far are even better.

SDbison
12-01-2013, 03:44 PM
On the O line the Bison lose an outstanding tackle in Senior Billy Turner, 6'6", 314 lb, who will likely be drafted, and a very good guard in Senior Tyler Gimmestad, 6'2", 304 lb. The future looks great as there are some excellent younger lineman starting or getting time on the line. Lots of athletic size to fill in with several lineman over 300 lb and 6'6" / 6'7" tall. Bison O line seems to almost always reload with well conditioned, strong and disciplined players.

SDbison
12-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Next year will be interesting indeed. We'll be losing a lot of experience, but retain a lot of recognizeable, experienced young men as well. The upcoming QB Wentz looks to be pretty talented. Will be fun to see how the team performs next year.

And my understanding is last year's recruiting class was arguably the strongest yet.....and this year's recruits so far are even better. Sophomore QB Carson Wentz, 6'5", 222 lb, has all the tools to be a great QB when he likely steps in to take over for the irreplaceable Senior QB Brock Jensen, 6'3", 225 lb. Wentz is at least as fast and as good if not better throwing the ball compared to Brock. With limited time on the field it appears his decision making is good, but that remains to be seen in early game situations. Another unknown with Wentz will be his leadership skills which appear to be in the right place, but we won't know until next year. One good thing is Carson Wentz has had plenty of time to be an understudy of Brock Jenson, and I am sure Brock has shared a wealth of knowledge with Carson.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 05:13 PM

And my understanding is last year's recruiting class was arguably the strongest yet.....and this year's recruits so far are even better.

Sophomore QB Carson Wentz, 6'5", 222 lb, has all the tools to be a great QB when he likely steps in to take over for the irreplaceable Senior QB Brock Jensen, 6'3", 225 lb. Wentz is at least as fast and as good if not better throwing the ball compared to Brock. With limited time on the field it appears his decision making is good, but that remains to be seen in early game situations. Another unknown with Wentz will be his leadership skills which appear to be in the right place, but we won't know until next year. One good thing is Carson Wentz has had plenty of time to be an understudy of Brock Jenson, and I am sure Brock has shared a wealth of knowledge with Carson.

Wentz has yet to impress me...

344Johnson
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

clearly you haven't been paying attention to how well he hands the ball off. NFL-quality handoffs!

GOBISON123
12-01-2013, 05:34 PM

:praying::praying:

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 05:36 PM
clearly you haven't been paying attention to how well he hands the ball off. NFL-quality handoffs!

He's thrown a few times too there champ...and he missed a lot of open looks where he just tucked and ran. But that will come around with experience...hopefully.

So do you only make sarcastic remarks toward the less positive posts, I made an opinion about him just as well as the posters I was responding to.

Negativity bias issues?

HerdBot
12-01-2013, 05:39 PM
We will be losing a lot on offense and 3/4 of our starting dline but we have a good group of players who have played a lot of football and a redshirt freshman class that on the surface appears to be mega talented. We may not be as good as we are this year, but we will be talented enough to compete for a championship.

GOBISON123
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
He's thrown a few times too there champ...and he missed a lot of open looks where he just tucked and ran. But that will come around with experience...hopefully.

So do you only make sarcastic remarks toward the less positive posts, I made an opinion about him just as well as the posters I was responding to.

Negativity bias issues?

I will agree with Tony here, we have seen him play the entire 4th quarter in at least 4-5 games this year and so far nothing impressive.

99Bison
12-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Wow, what does anyone expect with throwing the ball up by 30 and two minutes left in the game? The goal is to hand the ball off and not risk ANYthing... That has zero to do with real time game play.

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Its way too early to have this discussion as we have up to 4 games left where he could show his stuff under pressure. Two years ago, Thorton replaced Brock for one play in the Natty and did what was needed. Wentz passed him on the depth chart.

This is also the wrong thread. The question asked was How many Seniors do we have on the team and how many are starting. I am all for a spirited discussion, but would prefer to be having this discussion during or after spring practice when we can better understand the competition between the QBs. Not as a bitching session as the team is working for a threepeat. No wonder anyone associated with the football team ignores and laughs at this forum.

Johnson's retort to Tony was appropriate and was well deserved. TonyA, when you make a comment like you did, you invite those comments. Consider yourself fortunate that the responder was Johnson and not some senile and delusional Griz fan wearing a superman cape looking to eviscerate your post with pointed remarks while backed up by undercover law enforcement on their day off.

Give SD an A+++ for his read regarding Mr. Wentz. If you missed it, read it. (Yeah SD, there are days when you absolutely have it.)

CaBisonFan
12-01-2013, 06:12 PM
We will be good...how good, will depend on the leadership at quarterback. Athletic ability will not be a problem across the roster.

Also...we return some key players that have been a big part of our success in the past few years.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-01-2013, 06:15 PM
We will be losing a lot on offense and 3/4 of our starting dline but we have a good group of players who have played a lot of football and a redshirt freshman class that on the surface appears to be mega talented. We may not be as good as we are this year, but we will be talented enough to compete for a championship.

Being able to contend for a championship 4 years in a row is pretty dang impressive. We are blessed.

SDbison
12-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I will agree with Tony here, we have seen him play the entire 4th quarter in at least 4-5 games this year and so far nothing impressive. Well Bohl plays extremely conservative with the lead and I think for the few times Wentz has played he maybe has thrown the ball a total of 5 times. Apparently you and others have not taken the time to watch Wentz throw the ball to receivers during warm ups...........on a rope and on target! I also recall during fall practice Bohl saying he would be comfortable having Wentz fill in if ever needed during a game. That says a lot and Wentz is a smart, gifted athlete that has patiently waited his turn for a chance to be the starting QB. He seems like the type of person that will work on things so he can be the best possible, not just expect to be handed the job. I believe he will do good things when the Bison have the ball next year.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Its way too early to have this discussion as we have up to 4 games left where he could show his stuff under pressure. Two years ago, Thorton replaced Brock for one play in the Natty and did what was needed. Wentz passed him on the depth chart.

This is also the wrong thread. The question asked was How many Seniors do we have on the team and how many are starting. I am all for a spirited discussion, but would prefer to be having this discussion during or after spring practice when we can better understand the competition between the QBs. Not as a bitching session as the team is working for a threepeat. No wonder anyone associated with the football team ignores and laughs at this forum.

Johnson's retort to Tony was appropriate and was well deserved. TonyA, when you make a comment like you did, you invite those comments. Consider yourself fortunate that the responder was Johnson and not some senile and delusional Griz fan wearing a superman cape looking to eviscerate your post with pointed remarks while backed up by undercover law enforcement on their day off.

Give SD an A+++ for his read regarding Mr. Wentz. If you missed it, read it. (Yeah SD, there are days when you absolutely have it.)

So what you're saying is it's Ok to go ahead and pass judgement only and ONLY if it's positive...ok so here goes...I think Wentz is going to be the best QB we have ever had, he is going to be the man, he is going to throw for 5,000 yards a season, he is going to be everyone's hero, he is going to be a first round pick in the NFL...did I miss anything?

Take your own advice, when you make a comment such as yours, then you invite comments such as this which is well deserved...

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Tony Almeida;799589]So what you're saying is it's Ok to go ahead and pass judgement only and ONLY if it's positive...ok so here goes...I think Wentz is going to be the best QB we have ever had, he is going to be the man, he is going to throw for 5,000 yards a season, he is going to be everyone's hero, he is going to be a first round pick in the NFL...did I miss anything?

Take your own advice, when you make a comment such as yours, then you invite comments such as this which is well deserved...[/QUOTE

Wow. You are bizarre

MAKBison
12-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Its hard to evaluate someone on a handful of 4th quarter appearances. Keep in mind a lot of subs are in and he gets like what 3 or 4 opportunities to throw...at most. The fact is there is not enough film out there to make an evaluation one way or another.

I will agree with Tony here, we have seen him play the entire 4th quarter in at least 4-5 games this year and so far nothing impressive.

MAKBison
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Really, 4 or 5 games where he played an entire quarter.....Comon Man!

CaBisonFan
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
A quarterback can't be evaluated until the ball is his from the first whistle.

ACECON
12-01-2013, 07:16 PM
What happened to Grant Olson?

MAKBison
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
tore his acl

What happened to Grant Olson?

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I will remain cautiously optimistic on next year. We lose 11/12 starters however I too as other have mentioned believe that the under classmen that have not seen the field because of that will be ready to play. Lets continue to focus on this year, specifically this weeks game and move on from there God willing.

HerdBot
12-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Negativity bias issues?

Hes been thrown in for garbage time with mostly 2nd teamers. The only time he played extensively was Deleware State and he was 10 of 13 with a TD and rushed for 44 yards. Next year he will get all the reps which makes a major difference. I am excited to see what he can do with a full playbook.

The tough part about being Wentz is he gets to follow the best qb in ndsu history. Hopefully he is like Steve Young replacing Joe Montana in the similar West Coast offense.

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM

So what you're saying is it's Ok to go ahead and pass judgement only and ONLY if it's positive...ok so here goes...I think Wentz is going to be the best QB we have ever had, he is going to be the man, he is going to throw for 5,000 yards a season, he is going to be everyone's hero, he is going to be a first round pick in the NFL...did I miss anything?

Take your own advice, when you make a comment such as yours, then you invite comments such as this which is well deserved...

Dayum you are sensitive. You deserved the smart assed comment from Johnson. The rest of your highlighted text was my smart assed comment about a shared Bisonville experience during last years playoff run. Too bad you missed this inference.

Since you want to bitch, go create an 'I want to bitch about everything and will not tolerate anyone who sees the half full glass' thread.

Now to answer your non purple but yet sarcastic comment... Its simple. We have a team that is competing for a third straight championship. Players have been criticized by individuals who do not have the talent in their body that the player has in their fingernail clippings. I have no recollection of even one positive comment coming from your keyed comments. If you have, note it and I will apologize.

BTW, regarding Mr. Wentz: Read SD's original post and his follow-up. These are excellent observations coming from a person who understands the game. And take a look at some of the Wentz photos. Although a movie would show it better, he does exhibit excellent mechanics and follow thru when he throws the ball and he has shown some excellent judgment by tucking and running when the receivers are covered. He has played in 8 games, has gained 64 yards in 9 attempts for a 7.1 yard average, is 18 / 26 (69.2%) for 184 yards with zero picks and a 141.37 efficiency rating. Not bad since mop up duty usually relies on handing the ball to a back up back while he is playing against beaten first stingers who want to save some face.

I feel real bad busting your chops and your pity party with facts, but some days we just gotta go there.

Ndsu84
12-01-2013, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Tony Almeida;799589.I think Wentz is going to be the best QB we have ever had

I was complaining to some insiders about Wentz bumping Thornton and this ^^^was their response.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow. You are bizarre

About as bizarre as your comments have been on here lately...

Dayum you are sensitive. You deserved the smart assed comment from Johnson. The rest of your highlighted text was my smart assed comment about a shared Bisonville experience during last years playoff run. Too bad you missed this inference.

Since you want to bitch, go create an 'I want to bitch about everything and will not tolerate anyone who sees the half full glass' thread.

Now to answer your non purple but yet sarcastic comment... Its simple. We have a team that is competing for a third straight championship. Players have been criticized by individuals who do not have the talent in their body that the player has in their fingernail clippings. I have no recollection of even one positive comment coming from your keyed comments. If you have, note it and I will apologize.

BTW, regarding Mr. Wentz: Read SD's original post and his follow-up. These are excellent observations coming from a person who understands the game. And take a look at some of the Wentz photos. Although a movie would show it better, he does exhibit excellent mechanics and follow thru when he throws the ball and he has shown some excellent judgment by tucking and running when the receivers are covered. He has played in 8 games, has gained 64 yards in 9 attempts for a 7.1 yard average, is 18 / 26 (69.2%) for 184 yards with zero picks and a 141.37 efficiency rating. Not bad since mop up duty usually relies on handing the ball to a back up back while he is playing against beaten first stingers who want to save some face.

I feel real bad busting your chops and your pity party with facts, but some days we just gotta go there.

Again, sorry I didn't realize everything had to be positive on this message board...and I'M the sensitive one?!

So I'm not suppose to judge anyone yet because it's too early, which I get, but then you throw stats at me to let me know how good YOU think he is....:confused:

Again, negativity bias?

Sorry to hurt your feelings but I'm not part of the typical ass-kissing, buddy buddy, we've been posting on BV together for years and now we frequently meet up at tailgating and share "I love Bison" stories pat pat on the back let's meet for an away game good ol' boys network...

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Many of the backups will be around next year.

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
:confused:

I can see this thus my comments. Somehow you think throwing a tantrum makes you right. That and the simple fact that while coaching at the youth level, I ran into a couple of negative Nancy types and had to teach my kids how to ignore the critics and believe in themselves. This experience scared me for life resulting in a low BS and GAS quotient.

Please feel free to continue your ranting as you see fit. Stop by when you are out and about at the tailgate. I am sure there will be an old timer nearby who will take the time to listen to your points. You just might even move up a notch on the GAS meter.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 09:25 PM
I can see this thus my comments. Somehow you think throwing a tantrum makes you right. That and the simple fact that while coaching at the youth level, I ran into a couple of negative Nancy types and had to teach my kids how to ignore the critics and believe in themselves. This experience scared me for life resulting in a low BS and GAS quotient.

Please feel free to continue your ranting as you see fit. Stop by when you are out and about at the tailgate. I am sure there will be an old timer nearby who will take the time to listen to your points. You just might even move up a notch on the GAS meter.

Wow there you go again...pointing the fingers...I've just been responding to your posts about me. Double standard, or is it the pot calling the kettle black...I don't know you tell me coach.

Speaking of gas, I think you just ran out.

56BISON73
12-01-2013, 09:36 PM
About as bizarre as your comments have been on here lately...

Again, sorry I didn't realize everything had to be positive on this message board...and I'M the sensitive one?!

So I'm not suppose to judge anyone yet because it's too early, which I get, but then you throw stats at me to let me know how good YOU think he is....:confused:

Again, negativity bias?

Sorry to hurt your feelings but I'm not part of the typical ass-kissing, buddy buddy, we've been posting on BV together for years and now we frequently meet up at tailgating and share "I love Bison" stories pat pat on the back let's meet for an away game good ol' boys network...

This seems to be a constant with you. Why so butt hurt that people have actually developed friendships being a Bison fan here on BV? May be your buddys site would be a better place to cry about BV?

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Wow there you go again...pointing the fingers...I've just been responding to your posts about me. Double standard, or is it the pot calling the kettle black...I don't know you tell me coach.

Speaking of gas, I think you just ran out.

Naw, you been whining like a little <female dawg>. Not to worry about running out of gas as I can troll you all day.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/821023/Yosemite_252520try_252520again.jpg

PaBizon
12-01-2013, 09:55 PM

You have yet to impress me.... How's that for negativity :)

GOBISON123
12-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Its hard to evaluate someone on a handful of 4th quarter appearances. Keep in mind a lot of subs are in and he gets like what 3 or 4 opportunities to throw...at most. The fact is there is not enough film out there to make an evaluation one way or another.

I guess we will found out in 8 months.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Naw, you been whining like a little <female dawg>. Not to worry about running out of gas as I can troll you all day.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/821023/Yosemite_252520try_252520again.jpg

Nope. You started it and now I will finish it.

56BISON73
12-01-2013, 10:07 PM

:bowdown::bowdown:

Trim
12-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Wow, when did Clint Eastwood start posting here?

56BISON73
12-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Wow, when did Clint Eastwood start posting here?

You heard that whistling also?

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 10:27 PM
This seems to be a constant with you. Why so butt hurt that people have actually developed friendships being a Bison fan here on BV? May be your buddys site would be a better place to cry about BV?

Hey there she is...I almost forgot about you. All you need is what's his name and what's his face and you got one big happy circle jerk.

I could'nt care less about all the cock loving you do on here, but acting like you own the board is another story. Why are opposing opinions inferior to you? Do you sleep better at nights knowing that you got your 2 cents in on BV?

...and if you had half a brain cell, instead of following your nose to that smell of ass, you would actually go back to my original comment which resulted in Blue's comments and go from there. But you probably can't see through all the streaks running up and down your face so...

Dude, you smell.

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey there she is...I almost forgot about you. All you need is what's his name and what's his face and you got one big happy circle jerk.

I could'nt care less about all the cock loving you do on here, but acting like you own the board is another story. Why are opposing opinions inferior to you? Do you sleep better at nights knowing that you got your 2 cents in on BV?

...and if you had half a brain cell, instead of following your nose to that smell of ass, you would actually go back to my original comment which resulted in Blue's comments and go from there. But you probably can't see through all the streaks running up and down your face so...

Dude, you smell.
As coach Bohl said "we are a Bison Nation. We are a Bison Nation. We are a Bison Nation. " You are unreal. Be a member of the herd or leave.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 10:58 PM
As coach Bohl said "we are a Bison Nation. We are a Bison Nation. We are a Bison Nation. " You are unreal. Be a member of the herd or leave.

I'm more Bison Nation than you will ever be...trust me kid.

CaBisonFan
12-01-2013, 11:03 PM
My dad's better than your dad.

Tony Almeida
12-01-2013, 11:06 PM
My dad's better than your dad.

LOL...You're right I'm done.

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 11:09 PM

I'll be in Fargo tailgating on Saturday. Look me up..... Kid.

Mayville Bison
12-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Dude, you smell.

I don't think anyone is upset or complaining about your initial post - I actually agree with you that there's nothing yet to show he's the second coming. I believe he will be good but we'll have to wait and see right now.

The reason most appear to be arguing with you is the way you have handled yourself after that post. 344s post was obviously a sarcastic comment and nothing to get all upset about. That post and everyone after by you was a defensive post instead of trying to back up your comment. Give reasons for your opinion and that "good ol-boys network" won't seem so exclusive.

Good to be a Bison fan when we can debate the quality of our backup QB.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't think anyone is upset or complaining about your initial post - I actually agree with you that there's nothing yet to show he's the second coming. I believe he will be good but we'll have to wait and see right now.

The reason most appear to be arguing with you is the way you have handled yourself after that post. 344s post was obviously a sarcastic comment and nothing to get all upset about. That post and everyone after by you was a defensive post instead of trying to back up your comment. Give reasons for your opinion and that "good ol-boys network" won't seem so exclusive.

Good to be a Bison fan when we can debate the quality of our backup QB.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Well said. What say you Tony A.

56BISON73
12-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Dude, you smell.

Well that nose and the smell of ass you described lead me directly to you. (Your words,not mine)
So that smell you are smelling is---------

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2013, 11:45 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll be watching out for you while we also keep our eyes open for a Griz fan in non descript clothes being watched by all his undercover law enforcement buds. Going to be a busy day

There are days when I hate myself.

BisonKnight
12-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Tony gives me a bony.

unbison
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM

Negativity bias issues?
You are a biatch

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 12:28 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll be watching out for you while we also keep our eyes open for a Griz fan in non descript clothes being watched by all his undercover law enforcement buds. Going to be a busy day

There are days when I hate myself.

Too cold. I am sure he called in a marker with the NSA so surveillance will be via sattlelite.

344Johnson
12-02-2013, 12:51 AM
What the hell happened to this thread?

Tony Almeida
12-02-2013, 01:00 AM
What the hell happened to this thread?

LOL...Some of the good ol' boys got their feelings hurt and their mommies weren't there to hold them so BV was their next option.

Tony Almeida
12-02-2013, 01:09 AM
I'll be in Fargo tailgating on Saturday. Look me up..... Kid.

Wow! my comments get scrutinized but shit like this passes...

I hit the nail on the head by calling you kid...because that was the most immature comment I've ever seen.

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 01:31 AM
C'mon everyone keep it civil. While I disagree with Tony Almeida on this one, I happen to enjoy his other posts. Keep up the good posts

natstar1
12-02-2013, 01:42 AM

I hit the nail on the head by calling you kid...because that was the most immature comment I've ever seen.
This is darn close.

Thomas96
12-02-2013, 02:08 AM

Oh settle down Francis. Look me up and we can have a cold one if your up for it.

PaBizon
12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Oh settle down Francis. Look me up and we can have a cold one if your up for it.

It's lighten up Francis. If he won't have a cold one I sure will :)

Thomas96
12-02-2013, 02:58 AM
It's lighten up Francis. If he won't have a cold one I sure will :)

My bad. I'll take you up on the cold one though.

unbison
12-02-2013, 08:53 AM
LOL...Some of the good ol' boys got their feelings hurt and their mommies weren't there to hold them so BV was their next option.
id say your the only one with hurt feelings

OrygunBison
12-02-2013, 04:14 PM
WTF happened in this thread?? Yikes!

Okay, I'll play... I, too, am unimpressed with CW, so far at least. That's my problem, however. I want to be super fucking impressed with the QB play on the heals of the best QB in Bison history. BJ is a tough act to follow and I feel like my expectations are too high to meet. Sorry to say, this feels a little like Steve Walker's last year when almost everyone assumed that Mertens could step in just fine. If you recall, he was very athletic, threw the ball on a rope and made great decisions in HS. His problems were all about college gametime decisions. He just never handled the pressure of the real game. In regards to Carson, it is the same deal. We've never seen him when the chips are down. (Yeah, I know we shouldn't put a backup in during stressful game situations but it doesn't help my fears when we know nothing about CW's game decisions.)

Ultimately, this is going as good as can be expected and per the script. At least next year - as opposed to the beginning of the 2008 season - we have other QB's in the depth chart.

Mayville Bison
12-02-2013, 04:34 PM
WTF happened in this thread?? Yikes!

Okay, I'll play... I, too, am unimpressed with CW, so far at least. That's my problem, however. I want to be super fucking impressed with the QB play on the heals of the best QB in Bison history. BJ is a tough act to follow and I feel like my expectations are too high to meet. Sorry to say, this feels a little like Steve Walker's last year when almost everyone assumed that Mertens could step in just fine. If you recall, he was very athletic, threw the ball on a rope and made great decisions in HS. His problems were all about college gametime decisions. He just never handled the pressure of the real game. In regards to Carson, it is the same deal. We've never seen him when the chips are down. (Yeah, I know we shouldn't put a backup in during stressful game situations but it doesn't help my fears when we know nothing about CW's game decisions.)

Ultimately, this is going as good as can be expected and per the script. At least next year - as opposed to the beginning of the 2008 season - we have other QB's in the depth chart.

We just lost Izzy

Great post - a realistic view of what's happening.

56BISON73
12-02-2013, 05:36 PM
id say your the only one with hurt feelings

Yep sure does a lot of whining.

Considering he has repeated the BV circle jerk ,old boys network, my supposed superiority issues etc etc I almost thought it was you under a different moniker. :biggrin:

unbison
12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Yep sure does a lot of whining.

Considering he has repeated the BV circle jerk ,old boys network, my supposed superiority issues etc etc I almost thought it was you under a different moniker. :biggrin:

You do have a habit of talking down to people but I guess old guys do that

56BISON73
12-03-2013, 02:55 AM
You do have a habit of talking down to people but I guess old guys do that

I am all for constructive criticism and open to listen to any transgressions on my part. But for some reason you are the only one to ever tell me that. Plus I certainly dont mean to talk down to people. Intent, inflection and inference are lost on the net. So you really cant judge the tone of my post.

More than likely this is a personality conflict. I have learned that not everyone is going to like you which is fine. Its part of life.

BUT

I will take a page from your internet play book----Its just the internet. So why are you taking it so seriously?

td577
12-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Bye weeks suck. No one to fight with but ourselves.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
12-03-2013, 05:20 AM

:rofl: I had the same thoughts in my mind.

56BISON73
12-03-2013, 05:27 AM

If he doesnt complain about me at least twice a year I think something is the matter. Now I know everything is right in the world.:biggrin:

unbison
12-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I am all for constructive criticism and open to listen to any transgressions on my part. But for some reason you are the only one to ever tell me that. Plus I certainly dont mean to talk down to people. Intent, inflection and inference are lost on the net. So you really cant judge the tone of my post.

More than likely this is a personality conflict. I have learned that not everyone is going to like you which is fine. Its part of life.

BUT

I will take a page from your internet play book----Its just the internet. So why are you taking it so seriously?
thats my buddy lakes play book not mine and it was just to easy to jab at you

56BISON73
12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
thats my buddy lakes play book not mine and it was just to easy to jab at you

I know thats why I posted---If he doesnt complain about me at least twice a year I think something is the matter. Now I know everything is right in the world. :D
So now that the cosmos is back in alinement I will be able to sleep at night.